Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR122
Description: microRNA 122
Alias: MIR122A, MIRN122, MIRN122A, hsa-mir-122, miRNA122, miRNA122A
- Downregulation of miR-122 in the rodent and human hepatocellular carcinomasHuban Kutay
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Cell Biochem 99:671-8. 2006..013) reduced in 10 out of 20 tumors compared to the pair-matched control tissues. These findings suggest that the downregulation of miR-122 is associated with hepatocarcinogenesis and could be a potential biomarker for liver cancers...
- Silencing of microRNA-122 enhances interferon-α signaling in the liver through regulating SOCS3 promoter methylationTakeshi Yoshikawa
Department of Gastroenterology, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Sci Rep 2:637. 2012..Overexpression of microRNA-122 (miR122) significantly suppressed ISRE activity...
- microRNA-122 as a regulator of mitochondrial metabolic gene network in hepatocellular carcinomaJulja Burchard
Rosetta Inpharmatics LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Merck and Co, Inc, Seattle, WA, USA
Mol Syst Biol 6:402. 2010..In conclusion, miR-122 regulates mitochondrial metabolism and its loss may be detrimental to sustaining critical liver function and contribute to morbidity and mortality of liver cancer patients...
- Human Ago2 is required for efficient microRNA 122 regulation of hepatitis C virus RNA accumulation and translationJoyce A Wilson
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
J Virol 85:2342-50. 2011..These data support a model in which miR-122 functions within an Ago2-containing protein complex to augment both HCV RNA accumulation and translation...
- Clinical significance and potential of hepatic microRNA-122 expression in hepatitis CKazutoyo Morita
Department of Surgery and Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Liver Int 31:474-84. 2011..Liver-specific microRNA-122 (miR-122) has been shown to facilitate the replication of hepatitis C virus (HCV) in human hepatoma cells in vitro. However, the clinical significance of hepatic miR-122 on HCV in human body is unclear...
- Two-tiered approach identifies a network of cancer and liver disease-related genes regulated by miR-122Daniel R Boutz
Center for Systems and Synthetic Biology, Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Texas, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
J Biol Chem 286:18066-78. 2011..Additional analyses, including examination of consensus binding motifs for both miR-122 and target sequences, provide further insight into miR-122 function...
- CPEB and two poly(A) polymerases control miR-122 stability and p53 mRNA translationDavid M Burns
Program in Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
Nature 473:105-8. 2011..Thus, translational regulation of p53 mRNA and cellular senescence is coordinated by Gld2/miR-122/CPEB/Gld4...
- Modulation of the unfolded protein response is the core of microRNA-122-involved sensitivity to chemotherapy in hepatocellular carcinomaFu Yang
Department of Medical Genetics, The Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Neoplasia 13:590-600. 2011..We identified a new HCC therapeutic target and proclaimed the potential risk of the therapeutic use of miR-122 silencing...
- A liver-specific microRNA binds to a highly conserved RNA sequence of hepatitis B virus and negatively regulates viral gene expression and replicationYanni Chen
State Key Laboratory of Virology and College of Life Sciences, Wuhan Institutes of Biotechnology, Chinese French Liver Disease Research Institute at Zhongnan Hospital, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
FASEB J 25:4511-21. 2011....
- Loss of microRNA 122 expression in patients with hepatitis B enhances hepatitis B virus replication through cyclin G(1) -modulated P53 activitySaifeng Wang
CAS Key Laboratory of Pathogenic Microbiology and Immunology, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences CAS, Beijing, PR China
Hepatology 55:730-41. 2012..Finally, we show that miR-122 suppressed HBV replication in p53 wildtype cells but not in null isogenic cells...
- Epigenetic modulation of miR-122 facilitates human embryonic stem cell self-renewal and hepatocellular carcinoma proliferationChristine J Jung
Transplant Research Program, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e27740. 2011....
- Stabilization of hepatitis C virus RNA by an Ago2-miR-122 complexTetsuro Shimakami
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center and Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7292, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:941-6. 2012..miR-122 thus acts in an unconventional fashion to stabilize HCV RNA and slow its decay, expanding the repertoire of mechanisms by which miRNAs modulate gene expression...
- MiR-122 in hepatic function and liver diseasesJun Hu
CAS Key Laboratory of Pathogenic Microbiology and Immunology, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences CAS, Beijing 100101, China
Protein Cell 3:364-71. 2012....
- Cyclin G1 is a target of miR-122a, a microRNA frequently down-regulated in human hepatocellular carcinomaLaura Gramantieri
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna e Gastroenterologia e Centro di Ricerca Biomedica Applicata, Universita di Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Cancer Res 67:6092-9. 2007..These results indicate that cyclin G1 is a target of miR-122a and expand our knowledge of the molecular alterations involved in HCC pathogenesis and of the role of miRNAs in human cancer...
- Requirements for human Dicer and TRBP in microRNA-122 regulation of HCV translation and RNA abundanceChao Zhang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada S7N 5E5
Virology 433:479-88. 2012..Thus, canonical miRNA processing and strand selection is essential for the activity of miR-122 on HCV translation and RNA accumulation...
- Serum microRNA-122 predicts survival in patients with liver cirrhosisOliver Waidmann
Department of Medicine 1, Klinikum der Goethe Universität, Frankfurt, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e45652. 2012..MicroRNAs (miRs) circulating in the blood are an emerging new class of biomarkers. In particular, the serum level of the liver-specific miR-122 might be a clinically useful new parameter in patients with acute or chronic liver disease...
- miR-122 regulates collagen production via targeting hepatic stellate cells and suppressing P4HA1 expressionJiang Li
Center for Pharmacogenetics, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, United States
J Hepatol 58:522-8. 2013..miR-122 has been extensively studied in hepatocarcinogenesis. However, the role of miR-122 in liver fibrosis remains unknown...
- Specific miRNA stabilization by Gld2-catalyzed monoadenylationAndrea D'Ambrogio
Program in Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Cell Rep 2:1537-45. 2012..These results establish a mechanism of miRNA stability and resulting posttranscriptional gene regulation...
- Hepatitis B virus mRNA-mediated miR-122 inhibition upregulates PTTG1-binding protein, which promotes hepatocellular carcinoma tumor growth and cell invasionChangfei Li
CAS Key Laboratory of Pathogenic Microbiology and Immunology, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences CAS, Beijing, China
J Virol 87:2193-205. 2013..Our work underscores the reciprocal interplay of host miRNA sequestration and depletion by viral mRNAs, which may contribute to chronic-infection-related cancer...
- Competing and noncompeting activities of miR-122 and the 5' exonuclease Xrn1 in regulation of hepatitis C virus replicationYou Li
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7292, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:1881-6. 2013..Nevertheless, Xrn1 knockdown does not rescue replication of a viral mutant defective in miR-122 binding, indicating that miR-122 has additional yet uncharacterized function(s) in the viral life cycle...
- Overexpression of microRNA-122 enhances in vitro hepatic differentiation of fetal liver-derived stem/progenitor cellsRavi Doddapaneni
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biotechnology, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh 160012, India
J Cell Biochem 114:1575-83. 2013..Thus, the study delineated the role of hepato-specific miR-122 in differentiation of fetal liver stem/progenitor cells into hepatocyte-like cells which could be used as a therapeutic target molecule to generate abundant hepatocytes...
- MiR-122 modulates type I interferon expression through blocking suppressor of cytokine signaling 1Aimei Li
Department of Microbiology, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150081, China
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 45:858-65. 2013..Mutations in the nt359-nt375 region abandoned the impact of miR-122 on SOCS1-EGFP expression. Taken together, SOCS1 is a target of miR-122. MiR-122 can regulate the type I IFN expression through modulating the SOCS1 expression...
- Epigenetic regulation of MicroRNA-122 by peroxisome proliferator activated receptor-gamma and hepatitis b virus X protein in hepatocellular carcinoma cellsKyoungsub Song
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
Hepatology 58:1681-92. 2013..The aforementioned DNA-protein complex also contains SUV39H1, an H3K9 histone methyl transferase, which down-regulates miR-122 expression...
- Serum microRNA-1 and microRNA-122 are prognostic markers in patients with hepatocellular carcinomaVerena Köberle
Department of Medicine I, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Hospital Frankfurt, Theodor Stern Kai 7, D 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
Eur J Cancer 49:3442-9. 2013..Extracellular microRNAs (miRNAs) circulating in the blood are a new class of highly promising disease markers...
- miR-122 targets pyruvate kinase M2 and affects metabolism of hepatocellular carcinomaAngela M Liu
Department of Pharmacology, National University of Singapore, Singapore Department of Surgery, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong
PLoS ONE 9:e86872. 2014..The present study demonstrated the regulatory role of miR-122 on PKM2 in HCC, having an implication of therapeutic intervention targeting cancer metabolic pathways. ..
- MicroRNA-122, a tumor suppressor microRNA that regulates intrahepatic metastasis of hepatocellular carcinomaWei Chih Tsai
Department of Biotechnology and Laboratory Science in Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Hepatology 49:1571-82. 2009....
- MicroRNA-370 controls the expression of microRNA-122 and Cpt1alpha and affects lipid metabolismDimitrios Iliopoulos
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Harvard University, Boston, MA, USA
J Lipid Res 51:1513-23. 2010....
- Expression of miR-122 mediated by adenoviral vector induces apoptosis and cell cycle arrest of cancer cellsLeina Ma
Xinyuan Institute of Medicine and Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Zhejiang Sci Tech University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Cancer Biol Ther 9:554-61. 2010..In this study, we presented a novel strategy for cancer therapy based on gene transfer of miR-122 by adenoviral vector...
- Liver-specific microRNA miR-122 enhances the replication of hepatitis C virus in nonhepatic cellsJinhong Chang
Drexel Institute for Biotechnology and Virology Research, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Drexel University College of Medicine, 3805 Old Easton Road, Doylestown, PA 18902, USA
J Virol 82:8215-23. 2008..Therefore, we conclude that although miR-122 is not absolutely required, it greatly enhances HCV replication in nonhepatic cells...
- Modulation of hepatitis C virus RNA abundance and the isoprenoid biosynthesis pathway by microRNA miR-122 involves distinct mechanismsKara L Norman
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5124, USA
J Virol 84:666-70. 2010..Loss of HCV RNA could not be restored by isoprenoid intermediate metabolites. Overall, these findings suggest that miR-122 modulates viral RNA abundance independently of its effect on isoprenoid metabolism...
- Loss of miR-122 expression in liver cancer correlates with suppression of the hepatic phenotype and gain of metastatic propertiesC Coulouarn
Laboratory of Experimental Carcinogenesis, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda 20892 4262, MD, USA
Oncogene 28:3526-36. 2009..From a clinical point of view, our study emphasizes miR-122 as a diagnostic and prognostic marker for HCC progression...
- microRNA-122 stimulates translation of hepatitis C virus RNAJura Inga Henke
Institute of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
EMBO J 27:3300-10. 2008..miR-122 stimulates HCV translation by enhancing the association of ribosomes with the viral RNA at an early initiation stage. In conclusion, the liver-specific miR-122 may contribute to HCV liver tropism at the level of translation...
- Regulation of hepatitis C virus translation and infectious virus production by the microRNA miR-122Rohit K Jangra
Center for Hepatitis Research, Institute for Human Infections and Immunity, and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0610, USA
J Virol 84:6615-25. 2010..miR-122 is thus likely to act at an additional step in the virus life cycle...
- MiR-122/cyclin G1 interaction modulates p53 activity and affects doxorubicin sensitivity of human hepatocarcinoma cellsFrancesca Fornari
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e CRBA, Policlinico S Orsola Malpighi, Bologna, Italy
Cancer Res 69:5761-7. 2009..Our findings establish a basis toward the development of combined chemo- and miRNA-based therapy for HCC treatment...
- Regulation of hepatitis C virus by microRNA-122Catherine L Jopling
Centre for Biomolecular Sciences, University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 36:1220-3. 2008..The binding site requirements for miR-122 to positively regulate HCV replication provide an insight into this unusual mode of miRNA action...
- Modulation of miR-122 on persistently Borna disease virus infected human oligodendroglial cellsJun Qian
Department of Microbiology, Harbin Medical University Immunity and Infection, Pathogenic Biology Key Laboratory, Heilongjiang Province, Harbin 150086, China
Antiviral Res 87:249-56. 2010....
- Correlation between microRNA expression levels and clinical parameters associated with chronic hepatitis C viral infection in humansRebecca T Marquez
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa School of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Lab Invest 90:1727-36. 2010..We found that miR-21 enhanced TGF-β signaling, further supporting a relationship between miR-21 and fibrosis. We suggest a model in which miR-21 targeting of SMAD7 could increase TGF-β signaling, leading to increased fibrogenesis...
- miR-122 targets an anti-apoptotic gene, Bcl-w, in human hepatocellular carcinoma cell linesCliff Ji Fan Lin
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 375:315-20. 2008..Thus, Bcl-w is a direct target of miR-122 that functions as an endogenous apoptosis regulator in these HCC-derived cell lines...
- Reciprocal effects of micro-RNA-122 on expression of heme oxygenase-1 and hepatitis C virus genes in human hepatocytesYing Shan
Department of Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut, USA
Gastroenterology 133:1166-74. 2007..This study was to assess whether a specific miR-122 antagomir down-regulates HCV protein replication and up-regulates HO-1...
- Decreased levels of microRNA miR-122 in individuals with hepatitis C responding poorly to interferon therapyMagdalena Sarasin-Filipowicz
Department of Biomedicine, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Nat Med 15:31-3. 2009..These data have implications for the prospect of targeting miRNAs for CHC therapy...
- The effects of hepatitis C virus core protein on the expression of miR-122 in vitroSujuan Li
State Key Laboratory for Diagnosis and Treatment of Infectious Diseases, Institute of Infectious Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Virol J 10:98. 2013..However, the effects of HCV infection on miR-122 expression are not clear. The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of HCV core protein on the expression of miR-122 in a cell culture model...
- MiR-122 inhibits cell proliferation and tumorigenesis of breast cancer by targeting IGF1RBiyun Wang
Department of Medical Oncology, Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Center, Department of Oncology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, China
PLoS ONE 7:e47053. 2012..Given these, miR-122 may serve as a novel therapeutic or diagnostic/prognostic-target for treating BC...
- Methylation regulation of liver-specific microRNA-122 expression and its effects on the proliferation and apoptosis of hepatocellular carcinoma cellsT J Xing
Department of Infectious Diseases, Taizhou People s Hospital, Taizhou, China
Genet Mol Res 12:3588-97. 2013..Methylation regulation of miRNA-122 expression might be involved in the development of hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- MiR-124 inhibits the growth of glioblastoma through the downregulation of SOS1Zhonghua Lv
Department of Neurosurgery, the Third Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang 150066, P R China
Mol Med Rep 8:345-9. 2013..This study therefore indicates an important role for miR-124 in the regulation of growth in the molecular etiology of GBM, and offers a potential strategy for the use of miR-124 in cancer treatment...
- Seminal miRNA Relationship with Apoptotic Markers and Oxidative Stress in Infertile Men with VaricoceleTaymour Mostafa
Department of Andrology and Sexology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Biomed Res Int 2016:4302754. 2016..In addition, they are positively correlated with sperm parameters and negatively correlated with OS, apoptotic markers...
- Single-Vehicular Delivery of Antagomir and Small Molecules to Inhibit miR-122 Function in Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cells by using "Smart" Mesoporous Silica NanoparticlesChangmin Yu
Department of Chemistry, National University of Singapore, 3 Science Drive 3, Singapore 117543 Singapore http staff science nus edu sg syao
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 54:10574-8. 2015..The controlled release of both types of inhibitors depends on the expression levels of endogenous miR-122, thus enabling these drug-loaded MSNs to achieve combination inhibition of its targeted mRNAs in Huh7 cells. ..
- High circulating microRNA-122 expression is a poor prognostic marker in patients with hepatitis B virus-related hepatocellular carcinoma who undergo radiofrequency ablationHyo Jung Cho
Department of Gastroenterology, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, South Korea
Clin Biochem 48:1073-8. 2015..Aim of this study was to investigate the prognostic potential of plasma microRNA-122 levels in patients with hepatitis B virus (HBV)-related hepatocellular carcinoma after hepatic resection or radiofrequency ablation (RFA)...
- Hepatitis C virus RNA functionally sequesters miR-122Joseph M Luna
Laboratory of Virology and Infectious Disease, Center for the Study of Hepatitis C, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA Laboratory of Molecular Neuro Oncology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Cell 160:1099-110. 2015....
- Switching of pyruvate kinase isoform L to M2 promotes metabolic reprogramming in hepatocarcinogenesisCarmen Chak Lui Wong
Department of Pathology, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, HKSAR State Key Laboratory for Liver Research, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, HKSAR
PLoS ONE 9:e115036. 2014..Our clinical data and functional studies have revealed a novel biological mechanism involved in HCC metabolic reprogramming. ..
- microRNA/Argonaute 2 regulates nonsense-mediated messenger RNA decayJunho Choe
School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
EMBO Rep 11:380-6. 2010..The regulation of NMD by miRNAs will shed light on a new post-transcriptional regulation mechanism of gene expression in mammalian cells...
- The association of the expression of miR-122-5p and its target ADAM10 with human breast cancerSercan Ergun
Department of Medical Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Gaziantep, Sehitkamil, 27310, Gaziantep, Turkey
Mol Biol Rep 42:497-505. 2015....
- MicroRNA sponge blocks the tumor-suppressing functions of microRNA-122 in human hepatoma and osteosarcoma cellsJi Ma
Central Laboratory, Shanghai Tenth People s Hospital of Tongji University, Shanghai 200072, P R China
Oncol Rep 32:2744-52. 2014..miR-122-SP therefore is a useful tool that may be utilized to study the functions of miR-122 with regard to liver development and tumorigenesis in vitro and in vivo...
- MiR-122 directly inhibits human papillomavirus E6 gene and enhances interferon signaling through blocking suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 in SiHa cellsJunming He
Department of Microbiology, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang, China IBP UC Group for Immunotherapy, CAS Key Laboratory for Infection and Immunity, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 9:e108410. 2014..Thus, miR-122 may serve as a new therapeutic option for inhibiting HPV infection. ..
- A home-brew real-time PCR assay for reliable detection and quantification of mature miR-122Mahmood Naderi
Departments of Medical Biotechnology Hematology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Tarbiat Modares University Nanotechnology and Tissue Engineering Department, Stem Cell Technology Research Center Department of Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 23:601-6. 2015..Therefore, this study can be considered as a start point for standardizing miR-122 quantification. ..
- MiR-122/Wnt/β-catenin regulatory circuitry sustains glioma progressionGuangzhi Wang
Department of Neurosurgery, Harbin Medical University Second Affiliated Hospital, 246 Xuefu Road, 150086, Harbin, China
Tumour Biol 35:8565-72. 2014..Taken together, we revealed that there is a miR-122/Wnt/β-catenin regulatory circuitry existing in glioma cells that contributes to glioma progression...
- miR-122 targets NOD2 to decrease intestinal epithelial cell injury in Crohn's diseaseYu Chen
Department of Pediatrics, Jiangwan Hospital of Shanghai, Shanghai 200434, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 438:133-9. 2013..Taken together, these results indicate that miR-122 and its target gene NOD2 may play an important role in the injury of intestinal epithelial cells induced by LPS. ..
- A novel strategy to inhibit the reproduction and translation of hepatitis C virusAiping Duan
Department of Biochemistry and State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China
Sci China Life Sci 56:293-7. 2013..This study presents a new method to inhibit HCV that may hold great potential for HCV treatment in the future...
- MicroRNA-122 influences the development of sperm abnormalities from human induced pluripotent stem cells by regulating TNP2 expressionTe Liu
International Peace Maternity and Child Health Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China
Stem Cells Dev 22:1839-50. 2013..MiR-122 may influence spermatozoa-like cells by suppressing TNP2 expression and inhibiting the expression of proteins associated with sperm development...
- Alcohol facilitates HCV RNA replication via up-regulation of miR-122 expression and inhibition of cyclin G1 in human hepatoma cellsWei Hou
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 37:599-608. 2013..The liver-specific microRNA-122 (miR-122) regulates HCV replication and expression of host genes, including Cyclin G1. Here, we hypothesized that alcohol regulates miR-122 expression and thereby modulates HCV RNA replication...
- A miRNA-responsive cell-free translation system facilitates isolation of hepatitis C virus miRNP complexesShelton S Bradrick
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
RNA 19:1159-69. 2013..This combined approach may be generalizable to affinity purification of miRNP complexes for selected target mRNAs, allowing identification of miRNP components and RBPs that may contribute to regulation. ..
- Inhibition of alpha interferon (IFN-α)-induced microRNA-122 negatively affects the anti-hepatitis B virus efficiency of IFN-αJunli Hao
CAS Key Laboratory of Pathogenic Microbiology and Immunology, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
J Virol 87:137-47. 2013..These data provide valuable insights for a better understanding of the antiviral mechanism of IFN-α and raise further potential interest in enhancing its anti-HBV efficacy...
- [miR-122 participates in the cell tropism of hepatitis C virus]Takasuke Fukuhara
Department of Molecular Virology, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University
Uirusu 62:1-8. 2012....
- Structural map of a microRNA-122: hepatitis C virus complexPhillip S Pang
Department of Medicinea and Protein and Nucleic Acid Facility, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
J Virol 86:1250-4. 2012..These additional interactions enhance HCV replication in cell culture. To our knowledge, this is the first biophysical study of this complex to reveal the importance of 'tail' miR-122 nucleotide interactions...
- miR-122 regulates p53/Akt signalling and the chemotherapy-induced apoptosis in cutaneous T-cell lymphomaValentina Manfé
Department of Dermatology, Bispebjerg Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS ONE 7:e29541. 2012..miR-122 is thus an amplifier of the antiapoptotic Akt/p53 circuit and it is conceivable that a pharmacological intervention in this pathway may provide basis for novel therapies for CTCL...
- MicroRNA-122 suppresses cell proliferation and induces cell apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinoma by directly targeting Wnt/β-catenin pathwayJie Xu
Department of Oncological Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, China
Liver Int 32:752-60. 2012..To validate whether the anti-cancer effect of microRNA-122 (miR-122) on hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is mediated through regulating Wnt/β-catenin signalling pathways...
- Plasma levels of lipometabolism-related miR-122 and miR-370 are increased in patients with hyperlipidemia and associated with coronary artery diseaseWei Gao
Department of Cardiology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, 210029, China
Lipids Health Dis 11:55. 2012....
- Four serum microRNAs identified as diagnostic biomarkers of sepsisHui Juan Wang
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Hainan Branch of Chinese PLA General Hospital, Sanya, Hainan Province, China
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 73:850-4. 2012..Serum microRNAs (miRNAs) can be used as biomarkers for many kinds of diseases, and some are even better than current indicators. The aim of this study was to investigate a diagnostic role for serum miRNAs in sepsis patients...
- Circulating microRNAs identified in a genome-wide serum microRNA expression analysis as noninvasive biomarkers for endometriosisWen Tao Wang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hospital, Guangzhou 510120, People s Republic of China
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:281-9. 2013..There is currently no reliable noninvasive biomarker for the clinical diagnosis of endometriosis. Previous analyses have reported that circulating microRNAs (miRNAs) can serve as biomarkers for a number of diseases...
- MicroRNA-122 down-regulation is involved in phenobarbital-mediated activation of the constitutive androstane receptorRyota Shizu
Department of Biochemical Toxicology, Showa University School of Pharmacy, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 7:e41291. 2012..Taken together, these results suggest that phenobarbital-mediated down-regulation of miR-122 is an early and important event in the AMPK-dependent CAR activation and transactivation of its target genes...
- Effect of miR-122 and its target gene cationic amino acid transporter 1 on colorectal liver metastasisIchirota Iino
Second Department of Surgery, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Cancer Sci 104:624-30. 2013..Expression of CAT1 in the primary CRC has the potential to be a novel biomarker to predict the risk of postoperative liver metastasis of CRC patients...
- Expression of microRNA miR-122 facilitates an efficient replication in nonhepatic cells upon infection with hepatitis C virusTakasuke Fukuhara
Department of Molecular Virology, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
J Virol 86:7918-33. 2012..In conclusion, although miR-122 facilitates efficient viral replication in nonhepatic cells, factors other than miR-122, which are most likely specific to hepatocytes, are required for HCV assembly...
- Base pairing between hepatitis C virus RNA and microRNA 122 3' of its seed sequence is essential for genome stabilization and production of infectious virusTetsuro Shimakami
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Inflammatory Diseases Institute and Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
J Virol 86:7372-83. 2012..These data add to the current understanding of miR-122 interactions with HCV RNA but indicate that base pairing between miR-122 and the 5' 43 nt of the HCV genome is more complex than suggested by existing models...
- miR-122 inhibits viral replication and cell proliferation in hepatitis B virus-related hepatocellular carcinoma and targets NDRG3Chun Guang Fan
Department of Pathophysiology, Shandong University School of Medicine, Jinan, PR China
Oncol Rep 26:1281-6. 2011..The data demonstrate that miR-122 plays an important role in HBV-related hepatocarcinogenesis by targeting NDRG3. Thus, miR-122 and NDRG3 represent key diagnostic markers and potential therapeutic targets for HBV-related HCC...
- Differential stimulation of hepatitis C virus RNA translation by microRNA-122 in different cell cycle phasesCarmen Fehr
Institute of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Cell Cycle 11:277-85. 2012....
- Establishment of a novel permissive cell line for the propagation of hepatitis C virus by expression of microRNA miR122Hiroto Kambara
Department of Molecular Virology, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
J Virol 86:1382-93. 2012..A liver-specific microRNA, miR122, has been shown to participate in the efficient replication of HCV...
- Competing roles of microRNA-122 recognition elements in hepatitis C virus RNANeda Nasheri
Steacie Institute for Molecular Sciences, National Research Council of Canada, 100 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Canada K1A 0R6
Virology 410:336-44. 2011..These data have important implications in elucidating the mechanism of interaction between microRNA-122 and HCV RNA...
- MicroRNA expression in ACTH-producing pituitary tumors: up-regulation of microRNA-122 and -493 in pituitary carcinomasGail Stilling
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Endocrine 38:67-75. 2010..ac.uk ) both of which have been shown to have roles in pituitary tumor cell growth. These results provide information about marker miRNAs that may lead to further insights into the regulation of pituitary tumor growth and development...
- A putative role of micro RNA in regulation of cholesterol 7alpha-hydroxylase expression in human hepatocytesKwang Hoon Song
Department of Integrative Medical Sciences, Northeastern Ohio Universities Colleges of Medicine and Pharmacy, Rootstown, OH 44272, USA
J Lipid Res 51:2223-33. 2010..Under certain conditions, miRNA may reduce CYP7A1 mRNA stability to inhibit bile acid synthesis, and the miR-122a antagomirs may stimulate bile acid synthesis to reduce serum cholesterol and triglycerides...
- Proteomic identification of microRNA-122a target proteins in hepatocellular carcinomaShu Diao
Department of Chemistry, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Proteomics 10:3723-31. 2010..Luciferase reporter assay confirmed the regulation of miR-122a on 5'-UTR of PRDXII. In conclusion, PRDXII was identified to be the new target of miR-122a...
- MicroRNA regulation of intestinal epithelial tight junction permeabilityDongmei Ye
Department of Internal Medicine, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Gastroenterology 141:1323-33. 2011..We investigated the mechanisms by which TNF-α induces occludin depletion and an increase in intestinal TJ permeability...
- Dual regulation of hepatitis C viral RNA by cellular RNAi requires partitioning of Ago2 to lipid droplets and P-bodiesSvitlana Yu Berezhna
Department of Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
RNA 17:1831-45. 2011..We propose a model in which partitioning of host RNAi and viral factors into physically and functionally distinct subcellular compartments emerges as a mechanism regulating the dual interaction of cellular RNAi with HCV RNA...
- miR-122 affects the viability and apoptosis of hepatocellular carcinoma cellsXia Wu
Department of Microbiology, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang, China
Scand J Gastroenterol 44:1332-9. 2009..The absence of miR-122 expression in HepG2 cells was due to the loss of the miR-122 coding sequence in chromosome 18. These results imply that aberrant expression of miR-122 may contribute to hepatocarcinogenesis...
- MicroRNA-122a functions as a novel tumor suppressor downstream of adenomatous polyposis coli in gastrointestinal cancersXian Wang
Department of Biology and Chemistry, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 387:376-80. 2009..The down-regulation of miR-122a mediated by aberrant APC/beta-catenin signaling is important to the pathogenesis of gastrointestinal cancers...
- miR-122 does not modulate the elongation phase of hepatitis C virus RNA synthesis in isolated replicase complexesRodrigo A Villanueva
Laboratorio de Virus Hepatitis, Programa de Virologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas ICBM, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile Avda Independencia 1027, Independencia 8380453, Santiago, Chile
Antiviral Res 88:119-23. 2010..These results are consistent with miR-122 acting at an alternative step in the viral life cycle, promoting cap-independent viral translation, enhancing viral RNA stability, or facilitating de novo initiation of viral RNA synthesis...
- [Detection of miR-122a and miR-224 expression in hepatocellular carcinoma by real-time fluorescence quantitative RT-PCR]Zhuo ran Liu
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Second Affiliated Hospital, University of South China, Hengyang 421001, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 29:751-3. 2009..To detect the expressions of miR-122 and miR-224 in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) by real-time fluorescence quantitative RT-PCR and investigate the significance of miRNAs in early diagnosis of HCC...
- An insertion/deletion polymorphism at miRNA-122-binding site in the interleukin-1alpha 3' untranslated region confers risk for hepatocellular carcinomaYuzhen Gao
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Tumor Immunology, Cyrus Tang Hematology Center, Jiangsu Institute of Hematology, Medical College, Soochow University, Suzhou 215123, Jiangsu, People s Repubic of China
Carcinogenesis 30:2064-9. 2009....
- Circulating microRNAs in hepatitis B virus-infected patientsF Ji
CAS Key Laboratory of Pathogenic Microbiology and Immunology, Center for Molecular Virology and Center for Molecular Immunology, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Science, Beijing, China
J Viral Hepat 18:e242-51. 2011..In all, our study revealed that a number of miRNAs were differentially expressed during HBV infection and underscored the potential importance of miR-122 in the infection process...
- MicroRNA-122 antagonism against hepatitis C virus genotypes 1-6 and reduced efficacy by host RNA insertion or mutations in the HCV 5' UTRYi Ping Li
Copenhagen Hepatitis C Program CO HEP, Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Research Centre, Copenhagen University Hospital, and Department of International Health, Immunology and Microbiology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, DK 2650 Hvidovre, Denmark
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:4991-6. 2011..5 cells. These mutations reduced the efficacy of SPC3649 treatment, indicating that escape variants to miR-122 antagonism-based HCV therapy could potentially occur...
- Circulating microRNAs, miR-21, miR-122, and miR-223, in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma or chronic hepatitisJian Xu
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Cancer Institute and Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Science and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Mol Carcinog 50:136-42. 2011..Our results indicate that serum miR-21, miR-122 and miR-223 are elevated in patients with HCC or chronic hepatitis and these miRNAs have strong potential to serve as novel biomarkers for liver injury but not specifically for HCC...