Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR143
Description: microRNA 143
- MicroRNA-143 regulates collagen type III expression in stromal fibroblasts of scirrhous type gastric cancerYutaka Naito
Department of Molecular Pathology, Institute of Biomedical and Health Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Cancer Sci 105:228-35. 2014..These data suggest that miR-143 regulates fibrosis of scirrhous type GC through induction of collagen expression in stromal fibroblasts and that miR-143 expression serves as a prognostic marker of GC. ..
- MicroRNA-143 functions as a tumor suppressor in human bladder cancer T24 cellsSyunsuke Noguchi
The United Graduate School of Veterinary Sciences, Gifu University, Yanagido, Gifu, Japan
Cancer Lett 307:211-20. 2011..These findings suggest that the chemically-modified synthetic miR-143 functions as a tumor suppressor in T24 cells by targeting ERK5 and/or Akt...
- Identification of miRs-143 and -145 that is associated with bone metastasis of prostate cancer and involved in the regulation of EMTXinsheng Peng
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Research Institute, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, China
PLoS ONE 6:e20341. 2011....
- down-regulation of Kruppel-like factor-4 (KLF4) by microRNA-143/145 is critical for modulation of vascular smooth muscle cell phenotype by transforming growth factor-beta and bone morphogenetic protein 4Brandi N Davis-Dusenbery
Molecular Cardiology Research Institute, Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Biol Chem 286:28097-110. 2011..Thus, this study sheds light on both the similarities and the differences of TGF-β and BMP4 signaling in the regulation of KLF4 and contractile genes...
- MicroRNA-143 inhibits migration and invasion of human non-small-cell lung cancer and its relative mechanismQingping Ma
State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, 610041, China
Int J Biol Sci 9:680-92. 2013..Among those miRNAs, miR-143 shows tumor-suppressive activity in some human cancers. However, the function and mechanism of miR-143 in lung cancer cells remains unknown. Here we explored the role of miR-143 in lung cancer...
- Small RNA sequencing and functional characterization reveals MicroRNA-143 tumor suppressor activity in liposarcomaStacy Ugras
Department of Surgery, Sarcoma Biology Laboratory, Sarcoma Disease Management Program, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York, USA
Cancer Res 71:5659-69. 2011..Taken together, our findings suggest that miR-143 re-expression vectors or selective agents directed at miR-143 or its targets may have therapeutic value in dedifferentiated liposarcoma...
- Transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGF-beta1) utilizes distinct pathways for the transcriptional activation of microRNA 143/145 in human coronary artery smooth muscle cellsXiaochun Long
Aab Cardiovascular Research Institute, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 286:30119-29. 2011MicroRNA 143/145 (miR143/145) is restricted to adult smooth muscle cell (SMC) lineages and mediates, in part, the expression of several SMC contractile genes...
- MicroRNA-143 regulates adipocyte differentiationChristine Esau
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Carlsbad, California 92008, USA
J Biol Chem 279:52361-5. 2004..In addition, protein levels of the proposed miR-143 target ERK5 (4) were higher in ASO-treated adipocytes. These results demonstrate that miR-143 is involved in adipocyte differentiation and may act through target gene ERK5...
- MicroRNA-143 targets MACC1 to inhibit cell invasion and migration in colorectal cancerYu Zhang
Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Gastroenterology, Department of Gastroenterology, Nangfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, 1838 North Guangzhou Road, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province 510515, P, R, China
Mol Cancer 11:23. 2012..In this study, we investigated whether miRNA 143 is involved in the regulation of MACC1 and thus plays a functional role in CRC...
- Replacement treatment with microRNA-143 and -145 induces synergistic inhibition of the growth of human bladder cancer cells by regulating PI3K/Akt and MAPK signaling pathwaysShunsuke Noguchi
United Graduate School of Drug Discovery and Medical Information Sciences, Gifu University, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu 501 1193, Japan
Cancer Lett 328:353-61. 2013....
- miR-143 is downregulated in cervical cancer and promotes apoptosis and inhibits tumor formation by targeting Bcl-2Lipeng Liu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Changsha Medical University, Changsha 410219, PR China
Mol Med Rep 5:753-60. 2012..Our study revealed a molecular link between miR-143 and Bcl‑2. Direct involvement in the regulation of Bcl-2 may be one of the mechanisms through which miR-143 may play a role in the pathogenesis of cervical cancer...
- Expression of mir-21 and mir-143 in cervical specimens ranging from histologically normal through to invasive cervical cancerGeorgios Deftereos
HPV Research Laboratory, UW Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e28423. 2011..Our goal was to investigate the expression patterns of several well-studied microRNA species in cervical samples and compare the results to cell line samples...
- MicroRNA-143 is downregulated in breast cancer and regulates DNA methyltransferases 3A in breast cancer cellsEnders K O Ng
Department of Surgery, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, Hong Kong
Tumour Biol 35:2591-8. 2014..These findings elucidated a tumor-suppressive role of miR-143 in epigenetic aberration of breast cancer, providing a potential development of miRNA-based treatment for breast cancer...
- Loss of microRNA-143/145 disturbs cellular growth and apoptosis of human epithelial cancers by impairing the MDM2-p53 feedback loopJ Zhang
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Ninth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, PR China
Oncogene 32:61-9. 2013..Re-expression of miR-143 and miR-145 may be a reasonable strategy for treatment of epithelial cancers...
- A novel miR-155/miR-143 cascade controls glycolysis by regulating hexokinase 2 in breast cancer cellsShuai Jiang
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
EMBO J 31:1985-98. 2012..We suggest that the miR-155/miR-143/HK2 axis may represent a common mechanism linking inflammation to the altered metabolism in cancer cells...
- The cluster of miR-143 and miR-145 affects the risk for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma through co-regulating fascin homolog 1Ran Liu
Key Laboratory of Environmental Medicine Engineering, Ministry of Education, School of Public Health, Southeast University, Nanjing, China
PLoS ONE 7:e33987. 2012....
- miR-143 regulates hexokinase 2 expression in cancer cellsA Peschiaroli
Institute of Cellular Biology and Neurobiology, CNR, Rome, Italy
Oncogene 32:797-802. 2013..We demonstrate that miR143 inhibits HK2 expression both in primary keratinocytes and in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC)-derived ..
- Identification of non-coding RNAs embracing microRNA-143/145 clusterAkio Iio
Department of Medical Oncology, Gifu International Institute of Biotechnology, 1 1 Naka fudogaoka, Kakamigahara, Gifu 504 0838, Japan
Mol Cancer 9:136. 2010....
- MicroRNA-143 inhibits tumor growth and angiogenesis and sensitizes chemosensitivity to oxaliplatin in colorectal cancersXu Qian
Department of Pathology, State Key Lab of Reproductive Medicine and Cancer Center, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Cell Cycle 12:1385-94. 2013....
- Role of miR-143 targeting KRAS in colorectal tumorigenesisX Chen
Jiangsu Diabetes Center, State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Oncogene 28:1385-92. 2009..Taken together, the present study provides the first evidences that miR-143 is significant in suppressing colorectal cancer cell growth through inhibition of KRAS translation...
- Mir143 expression inversely correlates with nuclear ERK5 immunoreactivity in clinical prostate cancerI Ahmad
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 1BD, UK
Br J Cancer 108:149-54. 2013..The mechanism for ERK5 activation in CaP remains to be fully elucidated. Studies have recently implicated the role of microRNA (miRNA) mir143 expression in the regulation of ERK5 expression.
- Clinicopathological significance of microRNA-31, -143 and -145 expression in colorectal cancerChao Jie Wang
Department of Colorectal Surgery, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Dis Markers 26:27-34. 2009..In conclusion, the miR-31 overexpression may be involved in the development and progression of CRC. The miR-143 and miR-145 may play a certain role in the development of colon and/or rectal cancers but not in progression of the disease...
- Decreased expression of microRNA-143 and -145 in human gastric cancersTakeshi Takagi
Department of Medical Oncology, Gifu International Institute of Biotechnology, Kakamigahara, Japan
Oncology 77:12-21. 2009..Downregulation of specific microRNAs (miRNAs) occurs in human tumors, which suggests a function for miRNAs in tumor suppression. We investigated the role of the miRNAs miR-143 and miR-145 in gastric cancers...
- Up-regulated microRNA-143 transcribed by nuclear factor kappa B enhances hepatocarcinoma metastasis by repressing fibronectin expressionXiaoying Zhang
Department of Medical Genetics, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, PR China
Hepatology 50:490-9. 2009..Additionally, fibronectin type III domain containing 3B (FNDC3B), which regulates cell motility, was identified as the direct and functional target of miR-143 both in vivo and in vitro...
- MicroRNA-143 targets DNA methyltransferases 3A in colorectal cancerE K O Ng
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Institute of Digestive Disease, Li Ka Shing Institute of Health Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong SAR, China
Br J Cancer 101:699-706. 2009..In this study, we investigated the possible role of miR-143 in colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- miR-143 interferes with ERK5 signaling, and abrogates prostate cancer progression in miceCyrielle Clapé
Institut de Recherche en Cancérologie de Montpellier, Montpellier, France
PLoS ONE 4:e7542. 2009..Since miR-143 was found to be down-regulated in prostate cancer cells, we wanted to analyze its expression in human prostate cancer, and test the ability of miR-43 to arrest prostate cancer cell growth in vitro and in vivo...
- Role of anti-oncomirs miR-143 and -145 in human colorectal tumorsY Akao
Department of Medical Oncology, Gifu International Institute of Biotechnology, Kakamigahara, Gifu, Japan
Cancer Gene Ther 17:398-408. 2010....
- Deregulated expression of miR-21, miR-143 and miR-181a in non small cell lung cancer is related to clinicopathologic characteristics or patient prognosisWen Gao
Department of Oncology, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China, 210029
Biomed Pharmacother 64:399-408. 2010..MiRNA expression profiles may become useful biomarkers for cancer diagnostics, prognosis and prediction of response to treatment, and it could be a powerful tool for cancer prevention and therapeutics...
- Relationship between altered expression levels of MIR21, MIR143, MIR145, and MIR205 and clinicopathologic features of esophageal squamous cell carcinomaI Akagi
Division of Surgery for Organ Function and Biological Regulation, Graduate School of Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Dis Esophagus 24:523-30. 2011..cancers, there is little information on the clinicopathologic significance of cancer-related miRNAs (MIR21, MIR143, MIR144, MIR145, and MIR205) in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC)...
- Relevance of miR-21 and miR-143 expression in tissue samples of colorectal carcinoma and its liver metastasesVlastimil Kulda
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine in Pilsen, Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 200:154-60. 2010..0001; P < 0.0001, respectively). Our results support the hypothesis about oncogenic function of miR-21 and show its relation to DFI. The role of miR-143 in carcinogenesis seems to be more complex...
- Repression of the miR-143/145 cluster by oncogenic Ras initiates a tumor-promoting feed-forward pathwayOliver A Kent
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Genes Dev 24:2754-9. 2010..Additionally, KRAS and RREB1 are targets of miR-143/miR-145, revealing a feed-forward mechanism that potentiates Ras signaling...
- miR-143 decreases prostate cancer cells proliferation and migration and enhances their sensitivity to docetaxel through suppression of KRASBin Xu
Department of Urology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, 210029, China
Mol Cell Biochem 350:207-13. 2011....
- MicroRNA-143 functions as a tumor suppressor in human esophageal squamous cell carcinomaYang Ni
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Provincial Hospital affiliated to Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, PR China
Gene 517:197-204. 2013..Moreover, we show that functions of miR-143 in ESCC are mediated at least in part by the inhibition of extracellular signal regulated kinase-5(ERK-5) activity. These results prove that miR-143 may act as a tumor suppressor in ESCC...
- Tumor-suppressive microRNA-143/145 cluster targets hexokinase-2 in renal cell carcinomaHirofumi Yoshino
Department of Urology, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima, Japan
Cancer Sci 104:1567-74. 2013..Thus, our data showed that loss of the tumor-suppressive miR-143/145 cluster enhanced RCC cell proliferation and invasion through targeting HK2. ..
- Targeting PKCε by miR-143 regulates cell apoptosis in lung cancerNi Zhang
Department of Throracic Surgery, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
FEBS Lett 587:3661-7. 2013..Our findings suggest that targeting PKCε overexpression in NSCLC should be beneficial for lung cancer therapy. ..
- Novel MIR143-NOTCH fusions in benign and malignant glomus tumorsJuan Miguel Mosquera
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, NY
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 52:1075-87. 2013..A gene fusion involving MIR143 in band 5q32 was identified in both GTs with either NOTCH2 in 1p13 in GT1 or NOTCH1 in 9q34 in GT2, but none in M1...
- MicroRNA-143 downregulates interleukin-13 receptor alpha1 in human mast cellsShaoqing Yu
Department of Otolaryngology, Huadong Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200040, China
Int J Mol Sci 14:16958-69. 2013..It indicates that miR-143 directly targets IL-13Rα1 and suppresses IL-13Rα1 expression in HMC-1 cells. Therefore, miR-143 may be associated with allergic reaction in human mast cells...
- Association between polymorphisms in the promoter region of miR-143/145 and risk of colorectal cancerLijuan Li
Department of Forensic Biology, West China School of Preclinical and Forensic Medicine, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan 610041, PR China
Hum Immunol 74:993-7. 2013..However, further larger studies with different ethnic origins are needed to confirm our results due to limited sample sizes in the study...
- miRNA143 Induces K562 Cell Apoptosis Through Downregulating BCR-ABLBing Liang
Institute of Genetic Engineering, Southern Medical University, Baiyun, Guangzhou, China mainland
Med Sci Monit 22:2761-7. 2016..CONCLUSIONS miRNA143 induced K562 cell apoptosis through downregulating BCR-ABL. miRNA143 might be a target for a new leukemia therapy. ..
- MicroRNA-143 inhibits cell migration and invasion by targeting matrix metalloproteinase 13 in prostate cancerDeyao Wu
Department of Urology, The Fourth Affiliated Hospital of Nantong Medical College, Yancheng City NO 1 People s Hospital, Yancheng, Jiangsu 224001, P R China
Mol Med Rep 8:626-30. 2013..These results indicated that miR-143 may be suitable for the development of novel molecular markers and therapeutic approaches to inhibit metastasis in prostate cancer...
- MicroRNA-143 suppresses gastric cancer cell growth and induces apoptosis by targeting COX-2Xiao Li Wu
Xiao Li Wu, Bin Cheng, Pei Yuan Li, Huan Jun Huang, Qiu Zhao, Zi Li Dan, De An Tian, Department of Gastroenterology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, Hubei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 19:7758-65. 2013..To investigate the function of microRNA-143 (miR-143) in gastric cancer and explore the target genes of miR-143...
- Overexpression of microRNA-143 inhibits growth and induces apoptosis in human leukemia cellsJian Zhen Shen
Department of Hematology, Fujian Institute of Hematology, Fujian Provincial Key Laboratory on Hematology, Fujian Medical University Union Hospital, Fuzhou, Fujian 350001, P R China
Oncol Rep 31:2035-42. 2014..004), and the expression levels of miR143 and DNMTA3A were negatively correlated (r=-0.663, P=0.001)...
- MicroRNA-143 targets Syndecan-1 to repress cell growth in melanomaRuiya Li
Department of Dermatology, Inner Mongolia People s Hospital, Hohhot, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
PLoS ONE 9:e94855. 2014..MiR-143 plays an important role in the regulation of cell growth in melanoma. Restoration of miR-143 expression may represent a promising and efficient therapeutic approach for targeting malignant melanoma. ..
- No association of pri-miR-143 rs41291957 polymorphism with the risk of congenital heart disease in a Chinese populationLiping Yang
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Union Hospital, Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou, China
Pediatr Cardiol 35:1057-61. 2014..The results demonstrated that rs41291957 in pri-miR-143 has no major role in genetic susceptibility to sporadic CHD, at least in the current study population. ..
- MicroRNA-143 inhibits IL-13-induced dysregulation of the epidermal barrier-related proteins in skin keratinocytes via targeting to IL-13Rα1Yue Ping Zeng
Department of Dermatology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Mol Cell Biochem 416:63-70. 2016..MicroRNA-143 may serve as a potential preventive and therapeutic target in atopic dermatitis. ..
- miR-143 and miR-145 synergistically regulate ERBB3 to suppress cell proliferation and invasion in breast cancerXin Yan
Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, Tianjin Medical University Cancer Institute and Hospital, National Clinical Research Center of Cancer, Key Laboratory of Cancer Prevention and Therapy of Tianjin, Huanhuxi Road, Tiyuanbei, Tianjin 300060, China
Mol Cancer 13:220. 2014..In the present study, we aimed to identify novel miRNAs that can potentially target ERBB3 and their biological functions...
- Intravesical treatment of advanced urothelial bladder cancers with oncolytic HSV-1 co-regulated by differentially expressed microRNAsK X Zhang
The Vancouver Prostate Centre, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Gene Ther 23:460-8. 2016..We found that expression of ICP-4 must be controlled by a combination of both miR143 and miR124 to achieve the most effective attenuation in HSV-1-induced toxicity while retaining maximal oncolytic ..
- miR-143 inhibits cell proliferation by targeting autophagy-related 2B in non-small cell lung cancer H1299 cellsJiali Wei
School of Life Sciences, Shanghai University, Shanghai 200444, P R China
Mol Med Rep 11:571-6. 2015..These results suggested that ATG2B may be a new potential therapeutic target for NSCLC. Furthermore, it was implied that interrupting autophagy and glycolysis improves NSCLC therapy...
- Adipocyte-derived factors impair insulin signaling in differentiated human vascular smooth muscle cells via the upregulation of miR-143Marcel Blumensatt
Institute for Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry, German Diabetes Center, Duesseldorf, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1842:275-83. 2014..Thus, the detrimental effects of adipocyte-derived conditioned media on insulin action in primary hVSMC can be ascribed to the Alk- and p38-dependent induction of miR-143 and subsequent downregulation of ORP8. ..
- miR-143 inhibits interleukin-13-induced inflammatory cytokine and mucus production in nasal epithelial cells from allergic rhinitis patients by targeting IL13Rα1Yaoshu Teng
Department of Otolaryngology, Huadong Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200040, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 457:58-64. 2015..Therefore, the IL13Rα1 signaling pathway may be a potential target for the prevention and treatment of AR by miR-143. ..
- Effect of miR-143 on the apoptosis of osteosarcoma cellsHao Liu
Department of Emergency Surgery, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University Jinan 250012, Shandong, China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 8:14241-6. 2015..MiR-143 can regulate the expression of Bcl-2 gene in osteosarcoma cells, and mediate the apoptotic process, thereby playing a critical role in the pathogenesis of osteosarcoma. ..
- c-MYB regulates cell growth and DNA damage repair through modulating MiR-143Wenjun Wang
State Key Laboratory of Respiratory Diseases, Guangzhou Institute of Respiratory Disease, The First Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou Medical University, Guangzhou 510120, China
FEBS Lett 589:555-64. 2015..Based on these results, c-MYB might target miR-143 in order to regulate stem cell properties, cell growth, apoptosis, and DNA damage repair. ..
- The regulation of Toll-like receptor 2 by miR-143 suppresses the invasion and migration of a subset of human colorectal carcinoma cellsHaiyan Guo
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Shanghai Third People s Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200019, PR China
Mol Cancer 12:77. 2013..The Toll-like receptor 2 (TLR2)-driven tissue response may promote neoangiogenesis and tumour growth by mechanisms that are poorly understood...
- Analysis of the combined action of miR-143 and miR-145 on oncogenic pathways in colorectal cancer cells reveals a coordinate program of gene repressionA Pagliuca
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Molecular Medicine, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Oncogene 32:4806-13. 2013..Major mediators of the oncosuppression by miR-143 and miR-145 are genes belonging to the growth factor receptor-mitogen-activated protein kinase network and to the p53 signaling pathway. ..
- DDX6 post-transcriptionally down-regulates miR-143/145 expression through host gene NCR143/145 in cancer cellsAkio Iio
United Graduate School of Drug Discovery and Medical Information Sciences, Gifu University, Yanagido, Gifu, Gifu 501 1193, Japan Department of Embryology, Institute for Developmental Research, Aichi Human Service Center, 713 8 Kamiya cho, Kasugai, Aichi 480 0392, Japan Electronic address
Biochim Biophys Acta 1829:1102-10. 2013..These data demonstrate that DDX6 contributed to the control of NCR143/145 RNA stability in P-bodies and post-transcriptionally regulated miR-143/145 expression in cancer cells. ..
- miR-143 decreases COX-2 mRNA stability and expression in pancreatic cancer cellsHung Pham
Department of Surgery, UCLA Center of Excellence in Pancreatic Diseases, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, United States Department of Medicine, Veterans Affair Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA 90073, United States
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 439:6-11. 2013..0% in BxPC-3 and 48.0 ± 3.0% in HPAF-II transfected with miR-143. Restoration of miR-143 in PaCa cells suppressed of COX-2, PGE2, cellular proliferation and MEK/MAPK activation, implicating this pathway in regulating miR-143 expression...
- MicroRNA-143 (miR-143) regulates cancer glycolysis via targeting hexokinase 2 geneRong Fang
State Key Laboratory of Cell Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
J Biol Chem 287:23227-35. 2012..Collectively, we have not only established a novel methodology for gene-miRNA pair prediction but also identified miR-143 as an essential regulator of cancer glycolysis via targeting HK2...
- AMP-activated protein kinase regulates endothelial cell angiotensin-converting enzyme expression via p53 and the post-transcriptional regulation of microRNA-143/145Karin Kohlstedt
Institute for Vascular Signalling, Centre for Molecular Medicine, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Circ Res 112:1150-8. 2013..High-angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE)-levels are associated with cardiovascular disease, but little is known about the regulation of its expression...
- Regulation of microRNAs by Brahma-related gene 1 (Brg1) in smooth muscle cellsMeng Chen
Department of Cellular and Integrative Physiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 288:6397-408. 2013..SWI/SNF-mediated chromatin remodeling thus regulates the phenotype of smooth muscle by affecting expression of protein-coding genes and microRNAs...
- [Differential expression of miR-143 in bone marrow cells between acute leukemia patients and normal people and its significance]Yuan Yuan Zhang
Department of Hematology, Fujian Medical University Union Hospital, Fuzhou 350001, Fujian Province, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 19:308-11. 2011..It is concluded that the expression of miR-143 in bone marrow cells of AL patients is down-regulated which may be related with the development of acute leukemia...
- miR-143 and miR-145 are downregulated in ulcerative colitis: putative regulators of inflammation and protooncogenesJoel R Pekow
Section of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, University of Chicago, Illinois, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 18:94-100. 2012..We speculated that miR-143 and miR-145 might also be downregulated and contribute to malignant transformation of colonic epithelium in longstanding ulcerative colitis (UC)...
- The miR-143/145 cluster is a novel transcriptional target of Jagged-1/Notch signaling in vascular smooth muscle cellsJoshua M Boucher
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Scarborough, Maine 04074, USA
J Biol Chem 286:28312-21. 2011..We propose miR-143/145 as activated independently by Jag-1/Notch and SRF in parallel pathways. Multiple pathways converging on miR-143/145 provides potential for fine-tuning or amplification of VSMC differentiation signals...
- Methylation-mediated repression of microRNA-143 enhances MLL-AF4 oncogene expressionL Dou
Department of Hematology, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing, China
Oncogene 31:507-17. 2012..This is the first study to show that miR-143 functions as a tumor suppressor in MLL-AF4 B-cell ALL. These data reveal the therapeutic promise of upregulating miR-143 expression for MLL-AF4 B-cell ALL...
- Expression of miR-143 reduces growth and migration of human bladder carcinoma cells by targeting cyclooxygenase-2Tao Song
Department of Urology, Clinical Division of Surgery, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing, China
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 12:929-33. 2011..The results provide insights into the development of novel tumor markers or new therapeutic strategies...
- [The Role of Micro-RNA/143/145 in Evolution of Intra-Stent Restenosis]I M Popovich
Institute of Cardiology, ul N Testemicianu, 29 1, 2025, Moldova, Kishinev
Kardiologiia 51:17-21. 2011....
- Inhibition of the miR-143/145 cluster attenuated neutrophil differentiation of APL cellsJasmin Batliner
Experimental Oncology Hematology, Department of Clinical Research, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Leuk Res 36:237-40. 2012..Our data suggest that low miR-145 levels in APL, possibly due to aberrant expression of p73 transcription factors, contribute to the differentiation block seen in this disease...
- The miR-143/-145 cluster regulates plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in bladder cancerS B Villadsen
Department of Molecular Biology, Aarhus University, C F Møllers Allé Build, 1130, Aarhus C 8000, Denmark
Br J Cancer 106:366-74. 2012..Upregulation of the proto-oncogene plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) is a common hallmark of various solid tumours, but the mechanisms controlling its expression are not fully understood...
- Atheroprotective communication between endothelial cells and smooth muscle cells through miRNAsEduard Hergenreider
Institute of Cardiovascular Regeneration, Centre for Molecular Medicine, Goethe University Hospital, 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 14:249-56. 2012....
- Down-regulation of KRAS-interacting miRNA-143 predicts poor prognosis but not response to EGFR-targeted agents in colorectal cancerM Pichler
Division of Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical University of Graz MUG, Auenbruggerplatz 15, Graz, Austria
Br J Cancer 106:1826-32. 2012..However, the prognostic significance of miRNA-143 expression and the ability to predict patient response to epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR)-targeted agents have not yet been explored...
- MicroRNA-143 down-regulates Hexokinase 2 in colon cancer cellsLea H Gregersen
Biotech Research and Innovation Centre and Centre for Epigenetics, University of Copenhagen, DK 2200, Copenhagen N, Denmark
BMC Cancer 12:232. 2012..miR-143 is located at a fragile site on chromosome 5 frequently deleted in cancer, and has been reported to be down-regulated in several cancers including colon cancer...
- RREB1 repressed miR-143/145 modulates KRAS signaling through downregulation of multiple targetsO A Kent
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Oncogene 32:2576-85. 2013..These results establish a complex network of regulation through which the miR-143/145 cluster is able to modulate KRAS signaling in colorectal cancer...
- Beyond KRAS mutation status: influence of KRAS copy number status and microRNAs on clinical outcome to cetuximab in metastatic colorectal cancer patientsLeonie J M Mekenkamp
Department of Pathology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
BMC Cancer 12:292. 2012..We assessed the influence of modification of KRAS by gene copy number aberration (CNA) and microRNAs (miRNAs) in correlation to clinical outcome in mCRC patients treated with cetuximab in combination with chemotherapy and bevacizumab...
- Changes in miR-143 and miR-21 expression and clinicopathological correlations in pancreatic cancersFrancesca Tavano
Department of Surgery, Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza Hospital, IRCCS, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Pancreas 41:1280-4. 2012..The role of microRNAs (miRNAs) in tumor biology might pinpoint an alteration in expression of miRNAs as new diagnostic/prognostic biomarkers...
- Forced expression of miR-143 represses ERK5/c-Myc and p68/p72 signaling in concert with miR-145 in gut tumors of Apc(Min) miceYuji Takaoka
Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Life and Health Sciences, Chubu University, Kasugai, Aichi, Japan
PLoS ONE 7:e42137. 2012..This unique cascade, in turn, may prevent overproduction of a subset of tumor suppressive miRNAs by repressing their own modulators, p68/p72...
- miR-143 and miR-145 inhibit stem cell characteristics of PC-3 prostate cancer cellsShuai Huang
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Research Institute, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, 510080 Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, PR China
Oncol Rep 28:1831-7. 2012....
- miR-143 inhibits the metastasis of pancreatic cancer and an associated signaling pathwayYongjun Hu
Department of General Surgery, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410008, PR China
Tumour Biol 33:1863-70. 2012..Our study suggested that miR-143 plays a central role in the invasion and metastasis of pancreatic cancer and miR-143 is a potential target for pancreatic cancer therapy...
- A three-plasma miRNA signature serves as novel biomarkers for osteosarcomaLiu Ouyang
Department of Orthopedics, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 13 Hangkong Rd, Wuhan 430030, Hubei, China
Med Oncol 30:340. 2013..Our data suggest that altered levels of circulating miRNAs might have great potential to serve as novel, non-invasive biomarkers for osteosarcoma...
- Impact of gastro-oesophageal reflux on microRNA expression, location and functionCameron M Smith
Department of Surgery, Flinders University, Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, SA 5042, Australia
BMC Gastroenterol 13:4. 2013..Now, to better understand early steps in the initiation of Barrett's oesophagus, we assessed the expression, location and function of these microRNAs in oesophageal squamous mucosa from individuals with ulcerative oesophagitis...
- miR-143 inhibits glycolysis and depletes stemness of glioblastoma stem-like cellsShiguang Zhao
Department of Neurosurgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang Province 150001, People s Republic of China
Cancer Lett 333:253-60. 2013..We also show that a combination of miR-143 and 2-DG, a widely used glycolysis inhibitor, has synergistic effects against GSLCs. miR-143 is a potential therapeutic target for glioblastoma treatment...
- microRNA-143 protects cells from DNA damage-induced killing by downregulating FHIT expressionYu Xiang Lin
Department of Medical Molecular Biology, Beijing Institute of Biotechnology, China
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 26:365-72. 2011....
- MicroRNA-145 regulates human corneal epithelial differentiationSharon Ka Wai Lee
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
PLoS ONE 6:e21249. 2011..Here we investigated the microRNAs expressed in human limbal-peripheral corneal (LPC) epithelia containing corneal epithelial progenitor cells (CEPCs) and early transit amplifying cells, and their role in corneal epithelium...
- MiRNA profile in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma: downregulation of miR-143 and miR-145Bing Li Wu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical College of Shantou University, Shantou 515041, Guangdong Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 17:79-88. 2011..To investigate the expression profile of miRNA in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC)...
- Expression patterns of microRNAs are altered in hypoxic human neuroblastoma cellsTetsuya Yamagata
Department of Surgery, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Pediatr Surg Int 26:1179-84. 2010..As a step toward identifying the role of miRNA in hypoxic tumor cells, the present study was designed to determine which miRNAs have increased expression and which have decreased expression in hypoxic neuroblastoma cells...
- MicroRNA-143 and -205 expression in neosquamous esophageal epithelium following Argon plasma ablation of Barrett's esophagusWillem A Dijckmeester
Department of Surgery, Flinders University, Room 3D211, Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, South Australia, 5042, Australia
J Gastrointest Surg 13:846-53. 2009..Investigating simple columnar or stratified squamous epithelium associated cytokeratin and microRNA (miRNA) expression in neo-squamous epithelium could help determine the identity and stability of the neosquamous epithelium...
- Patterns of known and novel small RNAs in human cervical cancerWeng Onn Lui
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5324, USA
Cancer Res 67:6031-43. 2007..In addition to the known miRNAs, we found a number of novel miRNAs and an additional set of small RNAs that do not meet miRNA criteria...