Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR145
Description: microRNA 145
Alias: MIRN145, miR-145, miRNA145
- EWS-FLI-1 modulates miRNA145 and SOX2 expression to initiate mesenchymal stem cell reprogramming toward Ewing sarcoma cancer stem cellsNicolò Riggi
Division of Experimental Pathology, Institute of Pathology, University of Lausanne, Lausanne CH 1011, Switzerland
Genes Dev 24:916-32. 2010..is the result of the combined effect of EWS-FLI-1 on its target gene expression and repression of microRNA-145 (miRNA145) promoter activity...
- Tumorigenicity of cancer stem-like cells derived from hepatocarcinoma is regulated by microRNA-145Yongsheng Jia
Institute of Clinical Medical Sciences, China Japan Friendship Hospital, Beijing, PR China
Oncol Rep 27:1865-72. 2012..Collectively, our data indicate that miR-145 plays an important role in cancer stem cell tumorigenicity, potentially via modulation of the downstream target, Oct4...
- Restoration of miR-145 expression suppresses cell proliferation, migration and invasion in prostate cancer by targeting FSCN1Miki Fuse
Department of Functional Genomics, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
Int J Oncol 38:1093-101. 2011..The identification of tumor suppressive miRNAs and their target genes could provide new insights into the potential mechanisms of prostate carcinogenesis...
- MiR-145 inhibits cell proliferation of human lung adenocarcinoma by targeting EGFR and NUDT1William C S Cho
Department of Clinical Oncology, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Hong Kong
RNA Biol 8:125-31. 2011..Understanding miR-145's targets and its regulating pathways may lead to new therapeutic strategies for lung adenocarcinoma...
- MicroRNA-145 is regulated by DNA methylation and p53 gene mutation in prostate cancerSeong O Suh
Department of Urology, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and University of California at San Francisco, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Carcinogenesis 32:772-8. 2011..The apoptotic cells are increased after WT p53 transfection. In summary, this is the first report documenting that downregulation of miR-145 is through DNA methylation and p53 mutation pathways in prostate cancer...
- miR-145, miR-133a and miR-133b: Tumor-suppressive miRNAs target FSCN1 in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaMasayuki Kano
Department of Frontier Surgery, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
Int J Cancer 127:2804-14. 2010..The identification of tumor-suppressive miRNAs, miR-145, miR-133a and miR-133b, directly control oncogenic FSCN1 gene. These signal pathways of ESCC could provide new insights into potential mechanisms of ESCC carcinogenesis...
- Up-regulation of microRNA-145 promotes differentiation by repressing OCT4 in human endometrial adenocarcinoma cellsYanjing Wu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Second Hospital of Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, Hebei, China
Cancer 117:3989-98. 2011..However, it is not known whether miR-145 can play a role in inducing tumor cell differentiation and repressing growth of tumors...
- Relationship between altered expression levels of MIR21, MIR143, MIR145, and MIR205 and clinicopathologic features of esophageal squamous cell carcinomaI Akagi
Division of Surgery for Organ Function and Biological Regulation, Graduate School of Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Dis Esophagus 24:523-30. 2011..there is little information on the clinicopathologic significance of cancer-related miRNAs (MIR21, MIR143, MIR144, MIR145, and MIR205) in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC)...
- down-regulation of Kruppel-like factor-4 (KLF4) by microRNA-143/145 is critical for modulation of vascular smooth muscle cell phenotype by transforming growth factor-beta and bone morphogenetic protein 4Brandi N Davis-Dusenbery
Molecular Cardiology Research Institute, Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Biol Chem 286:28097-110. 2011..Thus, this study sheds light on both the similarities and the differences of TGF-β and BMP4 signaling in the regulation of KLF4 and contractile genes...
- The miR-143/145 cluster is a novel transcriptional target of Jagged-1/Notch signaling in vascular smooth muscle cellsJoshua M Boucher
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Scarborough, Maine 04074, USA
J Biol Chem 286:28312-21. 2011..We propose miR-143/145 as activated independently by Jag-1/Notch and SRF in parallel pathways. Multiple pathways converging on miR-143/145 provides potential for fine-tuning or amplification of VSMC differentiation signals...
- Transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGF-beta1) utilizes distinct pathways for the transcriptional activation of microRNA 143/145 in human coronary artery smooth muscle cellsXiaochun Long
Aab Cardiovascular Research Institute, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 286:30119-29. 2011..Pre-miR145 strongly promoted SMC differentiation, whereas an anti-miR145 partially blocked TGF-β1-induced SMC ..
- Inhibition of the miR-143/145 cluster attenuated neutrophil differentiation of APL cellsJasmin Batliner
Experimental Oncology Hematology, Department of Clinical Research, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Leuk Res 36:237-40. 2012..Our data suggest that low miR-145 levels in APL, possibly due to aberrant expression of p73 transcription factors, contribute to the differentiation block seen in this disease...
- The miR-143/-145 cluster regulates plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in bladder cancerS B Villadsen
Department of Molecular Biology, Aarhus University, C F Møllers Allé Build, 1130, Aarhus C 8000, Denmark
Br J Cancer 106:366-74. 2012..Upregulation of the proto-oncogene plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) is a common hallmark of various solid tumours, but the mechanisms controlling its expression are not fully understood...
- Atheroprotective communication between endothelial cells and smooth muscle cells through miRNAsEduard Hergenreider
Institute of Cardiovascular Regeneration, Centre for Molecular Medicine, Goethe University Hospital, 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 14:249-56. 2012....
- The molecular mechanism of microRNA-145 to suppress invasion-metastasis cascade in gastric cancerP Gao
Department of Pathology, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Shandong, PR China
Oncogene 32:491-501. 2013..We suggest that miR-145 suppresses tumor metastasis by inhibiting N-cadherin protein translation, and then indirectly downregulates its downstream effector MMP9...
- Clinicopathological significance of microRNA-31, -143 and -145 expression in colorectal cancerChao Jie Wang
Department of Colorectal Surgery, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Dis Markers 26:27-34. 2009..In conclusion, the miR-31 overexpression may be involved in the development and progression of CRC. The miR-143 and miR-145 may play a certain role in the development of colon and/or rectal cancers but not in progression of the disease...
- MiR-145 modulates multiple components of the insulin-like growth factor pathway in hepatocellular carcinomaPriscilla T Y Law
Department of Anatomical and Cellular Pathology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong
Carcinogenesis 33:1134-41. 2012..Taken together, our study shows for the first time the pleiotropic effect of miR-145 in targeting multiple components of the oncogenic IGF signaling pathway in HCC...
- Low miR-145 and high miR-367 are associated with unfavourable prognosis in resected nonsmall cell lung cancerMarc Campayo
Dept of Medical Oncology, ICMHO, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Eur Respir J 41:1172-8. 2013..011) were independent markers of shorter TTR. In conclusion, miR-145 and miR-367 expression could be novel markers for relapse in surgically treated NSCLC. p53 may play a role in modulating miR-145 expression in NSCLC...
- Do microRNA 96, 145 and 221 expressions really aid in the prognosis of prostate carcinoma?Sung Gu Kang
Department of Urology, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul 136 705, Republic of Korea
Asian J Androl 14:752-7. 2012..To utilize miRNA as a diagnostic tool in clinical practice, more research is needed to understand miRNA mechanisms, identify miRNA targets, and further characterize miRNA function...
- MiR-145 regulates epithelial to mesenchymal transition of breast cancer cells by targeting Oct4Jiajia Hu
Tianjin Medical University, Research Center of Basic Medical Sciences, Tianjin, China
PLoS ONE 7:e45965. 2012..Taken together, our results have revealed a novel role of miR-145 on EMT. It inhibits EMT by blocking the expression of Oct4, and downstream transcriptional factors, Snail, ZEB1 and ZEB2...
- MiR-145 reduces ADAM17 expression and inhibits in vitro migration and invasion of glioma cellsYong Lu
Department of Neurology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Oncol Rep 29:67-72. 2013..Collectively, these results suggest that as a tumor suppressor, miR-145 inhibits not only tumor proliferation, but also cell migration and invasion, and warrants further investigation...
- MicroRNA-145 post-transcriptionally regulates the expression and function of P-glycoprotein in intestinal epithelial cellsKenji Ikemura
College of Pharmacy, Kinjo Gakuin University, Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Mol Pharmacol 83:399-405. 2013..In addition, the downregulation of miR-145 should significantly contribute to the elevated intestinal P-gp expression after liver I/R. Our results provide new insight into the post-transcriptional regulation of intestinal P-gp...
- Decreased microRNA(miR)-145 and increased miR-224 expression in T cells from patients with systemic lupus erythematosus involved in lupus immunopathogenesisM C Lu
Division of Allergy, Immunology and Rheumatology, Buddhist Dalin Tzu Chi General Hospital, Chia Yi, Taiwan
Clin Exp Immunol 171:91-9. 2013....
- Overexpression of microRNA-145 in atherosclerotic plaques from hypertensive patientsDonato Santovito
G D Annunzio University, European Center of Excellence on Atherosclerosis, Hypertension and Dyslipidemia, and Clinical Research Center, Center of Excellence on Aging CeSI, Via dei Vestini, 66, 66100 Chieti, Italy
Expert Opin Ther Targets 17:217-23. 2013..However, no evidences are available at this time about modulation of miR-145 in the setting of hypertension. Thus, the aim of this study was to investigate the expression of miR-145 in complicated hypertension...
- MicroRNA-145 is downregulated in glial tumors and regulates glioma cell migration by targeting connective tissue growth factorHae Kyung Lee
Davidson Laboratory of Cell Signaling and Tumorigenesis, Hermelin Brain Tumor Center, Department of Neurosurgery, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e54652. 2013..Transfection of glioma cells with miR-145 mimic or transduction with a lentivirus vector expressing pre-miR 145 significantly decreased the migration and invasion of glioma cells...
- MicroRNA-145 targets the metalloprotease ADAM17 and is suppressed in renal cell carcinoma patientsKai Doberstein
Pharmazentrum Frankfurt Zentrum für Arzneimittelforschung, Entwicklung und Sicherheit, Goethe University Hospital, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Neoplasia 15:218-30. 2013..In summary, miR-145 is downregulated in renal cancer patients, which leads to the up-regulation of ADAM17 in renal cancer. Importantly, miR-145 and ADAM17 are regulated in a reciprocal negative feedback loop...
- AMP-activated protein kinase regulates endothelial cell angiotensin-converting enzyme expression via p53 and the post-transcriptional regulation of microRNA-143/145Karin Kohlstedt
Institute for Vascular Signalling, Centre for Molecular Medicine, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Circ Res 112:1150-8. 2013..High-angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE)-levels are associated with cardiovascular disease, but little is known about the regulation of its expression...
- The loss of the tumour-suppressor miR-145 results in the shorter disease-free survival of prostate cancer patientsM Avgeris
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Athens, Panepistimiopolis, 15701 Athens, Greece
Br J Cancer 108:2573-81. 2013..The aim of our study was to evaluate the clinical utility of miR-145 for the prognostication of PCa...
- MicroRNA-145 function as a cell growth repressor by directly targeting c-Myc in human ovarian cancerWenjing Zhang
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, the Military General Hospital of Beijing PLA, No 5 Nan Men Cang, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100700, PR China
Technol Cancer Res Treat 13:161-8. 2014..These findings indicate that miR-145 inhibits cell proliferation and promotes cell apoptosis by targeting c-Myc 3'-UTR. Therefore, the result indicated that miR- 145 could be used as a potential therapeutic target in ovarian cancer...
- miR-145 suppresses thyroid cancer growth and metastasis and targets AKT3Myriem Boufraqech
Endocrine Oncology BranchLaboratory of PathologyNational Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Center for Cancer Research, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 21:517-31. 2014....
- MiR-145, a new regulator of the DNA fragmentation factor-45 (DFF45)-mediated apoptotic networkJianjun Zhang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Shanghai Jiao TongUniversity School of Medicine, Shanghai, PR China
Mol Cancer 9:211. 2010..There are currently no in-depth studies on the relationship between miR-145 and the DFF45 gene...
- MicroRNA-145 targets YES and STAT1 in colon cancer cellsLea H Gregersen
Biotech Research and Innovation Centre and Centre for Epigenetics, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS ONE 5:e8836. 2010..MicroRNAs (miRNAs) have emerged as important gene regulators and are recognized as key players in tumorigenesis. miR-145 is reported to be down-regulated in several cancers, but knowledge of its targets in colon cancer remains limited...
- miR-145 and miR-133a function as tumour suppressors and directly regulate FSCN1 expression in bladder cancerT Chiyomaru
Department of Urology, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima University, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima, Japan
Br J Cancer 102:883-91. 2010..We have recently identified down-regulated microRNAs including miR-145 and miR-133a in bladder cancer (BC). The aim of this study is to determine the genes targeted by miR-145, which is the most down-regulated microRNA in BC...
- Role of anti-oncomirs miR-143 and -145 in human colorectal tumorsY Akao
Department of Medical Oncology, Gifu International Institute of Biotechnology, Kakamigahara, Gifu, Japan
Cancer Gene Ther 17:398-408. 2010....
- MicroRNA-145 suppresses cell invasion and metastasis by directly targeting mucin 1Mohit Sachdeva
Department of Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Cell Biology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois 62794, USA
Cancer Res 70:378-87. 2010..Taken together, these results suggest that as a tumor suppressor, miR-145 inhibits not only tumor growth but also cell invasion and metastasis...
- Identification of non-coding RNAs embracing microRNA-143/145 clusterAkio Iio
Department of Medical Oncology, Gifu International Institute of Biotechnology, 1 1 Naka fudogaoka, Kakamigahara, Gifu 504 0838, Japan
Mol Cancer 9:136. 2010....
- Characterization of global microRNA expression reveals oncogenic potential of miR-145 in metastatic colorectal cancerGreg M Arndt
Johnson and Johnson Research Pty Ltd, Eveleigh, NSW, Australia
BMC Cancer 9:374. 2009..Signalling pathways associated with differentially expressed miRNAs were identified using a gene set enrichment analysis...
- miR-145 participates with TP53 in a death-promoting regulatory loop and targets estrogen receptor-alpha in human breast cancer cellsR Spizzo
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Cell Death Differ 17:246-54. 2010..Moreover, our findings support a view that miR-145 re-expression therapy could be mainly envisioned in the specific group of patients with ER-alpha-positive and/or TP53 wild-type tumors...
- Restoration of tumour suppressor hsa-miR-145 inhibits cancer cell growth in lung adenocarcinoma patients with epidermal growth factor receptor mutationWilliam C S Cho
Department of Clinical Oncology, Room 1305, 3 F, Block R, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, 30 Gascoigne Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Eur J Cancer 45:2197-206. 2009..The present study focuses on the microRNA (miRNA) expression profiles of this important subset of lung cancer...
- MicroRNA-145 regulates OCT4, SOX2, and KLF4 and represses pluripotency in human embryonic stem cellsNa Xu
Neuroscience Research Institute, Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, The University of California, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
Cell 137:647-58. 2009..This work reveals a direct link between the core reprogramming factors and miR-145 and uncovers a double-negative feedback loop involving OCT4, SOX2, KLF4, and miR-145...
- Mechanism of growth inhibition by MicroRNA 145: the role of the IGF-I receptor signaling pathwayGaspare La Rocca
Department of Cancer Biology at Thomas Jefferson University, Kimmel Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Cell Physiol 220:485-91. 2009MicroRNA 145 (miR145) has been proposed as a tumor suppressor. It was previously shown that miR145 targets the 3' UTR of the insulin receptor substrate-1 (IRS-1) and dramatically inhibits the growth of colon cancer cells...
- miR-145 inhibits breast cancer cell growth through RTKNShihua Wang
Center of Tissue Engineering, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, School of Basic Medicine Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100005, P R China
Int J Oncol 34:1461-6. 2009..Furthermore, down-regulation of RTKN by siRNA can inhibit MCF-7 cell growth. Taken together, we propose that loss of miR-145 may provide a selective growth advantage for MCF-7 by targeting RTKN...
- miR-145-dependent targeting of junctional adhesion molecule A and modulation of fascin expression are associated with reduced breast cancer cell motility and invasivenessM Gotte
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Munster University Hospital, Munster, Germany
Oncogene 29:6569-80. 2010..Our data provide a rationale for future miR-145-targeted approaches of antimetastatic cancer therapy...
- miRNA-145 inhibits non-small cell lung cancer cell proliferation by targeting c-MycZhe Chen
National Clinical Research Base of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Zhejiang Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Zhejiang Chinese Medical University, Hangzhou 310006, China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 29:151. 2010..Taken together, our study results demonstrate that miR-145 inhibits proliferation of NSCLC cells through c-Myc. Increasing miR-145 expression may provide a novel approach for the treatment of NSCLC...
- Regulation of microRNA-145 by growth arrest and differentiationGaspare La Rocca
Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Exp Cell Res 317:488-95. 2011MicroRNA145 (miR145), a tumor suppressor miR, has been reported to inhibit growth of human cancer cells, to induce differentiation and to cause apoptosis, all conditions that result in growth arrest...
- Micro RNA 145 targets the insulin receptor substrate-1 and inhibits the growth of colon cancer cellsBin Shi
Department of Cancer Biology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, 233 S 10th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Biol Chem 282:32582-90. 2007..We show here that one of the miRs predicted by the data base, miR145, whether transfected as a synthetic oligonucleotide or expressed from a plasmid, causes down-regulation of IRS-1 ..
- Decreased expression of microRNA-143 and -145 in human gastric cancersTakeshi Takagi
Department of Medical Oncology, Gifu International Institute of Biotechnology, Kakamigahara, Japan
Oncology 77:12-21. 2009..Downregulation of specific microRNAs (miRNAs) occurs in human tumors, which suggests a function for miRNAs in tumor suppression. We investigated the role of the miRNAs miR-143 and miR-145 in gastric cancers...
- Repression of the miR-143/145 cluster by oncogenic Ras initiates a tumor-promoting feed-forward pathwayOliver A Kent
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Genes Dev 24:2754-9. 2010..Additionally, KRAS and RREB1 are targets of miR-143/miR-145, revealing a feed-forward mechanism that potentiates Ras signaling...
- miR-145 induces caspase-dependent and -independent cell death in urothelial cancer cell lines with targeting of an expression signature present in Ta bladder tumorsM S Ostenfeld
Department of Molecular Medicine, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus N, Denmark
Oncogene 29:1073-84. 2010..Our data indicate that reduction in miR-145 expression may provide bladder cancer cells with a selective advantage by inhibition of cell death otherwise triggered in malignant cells...
- NEDD9, a novel target of miR-145, increases the invasiveness of glioblastomaMaria Carmela Speranza
Unit of Molecular Neuro Oncology, Fondazione I R C C S Istituto Neurologico C Besta, Milan, Italy
Oncotarget 3:723-34. 2012..Our results demonstrate the critical role of miR-145 and NEDD9 in regulating glioblastoma invasion and suggest a potential role of NEDD9 as a biomarker for glioma progression...
- miR-145 inhibits proliferation and invasion of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in part by targeting c-MycFeng Wang
Department of Oncology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Henan, P R China
Onkologie 36:754-8. 2013..Herein, we identified the role of miR-145 in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) development in vitro and in vivo...
- The cluster of miR-143 and miR-145 affects the risk for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma through co-regulating fascin homolog 1Ran Liu
Key Laboratory of Environmental Medicine Engineering, Ministry of Education, School of Public Health, Southeast University, Nanjing, China
PLoS ONE 7:e33987. 2012....
- Identification of miRs-143 and -145 that is associated with bone metastasis of prostate cancer and involved in the regulation of EMTXinsheng Peng
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Research Institute, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, China
PLoS ONE 6:e20341. 2011....
- The functional significance of microRNA-145 in prostate cancerM S Zaman
Department of Urology, San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center and University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Br J Cancer 103:256-64. 2010..Recent studies have shown aberrant expression of miRNAs in prostate cancer tissues and cell lines. On the basis of miRNA microarray data, we found that miR-145 is significantly downregulated in prostate cancer...
- Pseudogene OCT4-pg4 functions as a natural micro RNA sponge to regulate OCT4 expression by competing for miR-145 in hepatocellular carcinomaLei Wang
State Key Laboratory of Cancer Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
Carcinogenesis 34:1773-81. 2013..Taken together, our finding adds a new layer of post-transcriptional regulation of OCT4 and sheds new light on the treatment of human HCC. ..
- MicroRNA-145 inhibits the growth, invasion, metastasis and angiogenesis of neuroblastoma cells through targeting hypoxia-inducible factor 2 alphaH Zhang
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Union Hospital of Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei Province, P R China
Oncogene 33:387-97. 2014..These data indicate that miR-145 suppresses HIF-2α expression via the binding site in the 3'-UTR under normoxic conditions, thus inhibiting the aggressiveness and angiogenesis of NB. ..
- microRNA‑145 inhibits cell proliferation, migration and invasion by targeting matrix metallopeptidase-11 in renal cell carcinomaDeyao Wu
Department of Urology, The Fourth Affiliated Hospital of Nantong Medical College, Yancheng City NO 1 People s Hospital, Yancheng, Jiangsu 224001, P R China
Mol Med Rep 10:393-8. 2014..These results suggested that it may be investigated as a predictive marker for the early detection of tumor metastasis and for targeting therapeutic drugs to inhibit the invasion of RCC. ..
- Serum miR-125a-5p, miR-145 and miR-146a as diagnostic biomarkers in non-small cell lung cancerRui Juan Wang
Chinese PLA General Hospital Chinese PLA Medical School Beijing 100853, China Department of Respiratory Medicine, 306 Hospital of PLA Beijing 100101, China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 8:765-71. 2015....
- Circulating miR-145 is associated with plasma high-sensitivity C-reactive protein in acute ischemic stroke patientsLihua Jia
Department of Neurology, Liaocheng People s Hospital, Medical School of Liaocheng, Taishan Medical University, Liaocheng, Shandong Province, China
Cell Biochem Funct 33:314-9. 2015..794 to 0.896). Conclusively, our preliminary findings indicate that serum miR-145 upregulated in acute ischemic stroke might be a new biomarker for acute ischemia stroke evaluation...
- MiR-145 functions as a tumor suppressor targeting NUAK1 in human intrahepatic cholangiocarcinomaXinkui Xiong
Liver Transplantation Center, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China Key Laboratory of Living Donor Liver Transplantation, Ministry of Public Health, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 465:262-9. 2015..These results demonstrate that miR-145 can prevent ICC progression by targeting NUAK1 and its downstream effectors, and can therefore be useful for clinical diagnosis and targeted therapy of ICC. ..
- MicroRNA-145 Modulates Tumor Sensitivity to Radiation in Prostate CancerPijun Gong
a Department of Gynecology, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Medical College of Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, China
Radiat Res 184:630-8. 2015....
- Downregulation of miR-145 expression in oral squamous cell carcinomas and its clinical significanceLing Gao
Department of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Stomatological Hospital, College of Medicine, Xi an, Shaanxi, P R China
Onkologie 36:194-9. 2013..However, the expression levels of miR-145 in oral squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC) are unclear. The purpose of this study was to investigate the status of miR-145 expression in OSCC and determine its clinical significance...
- The role of miR-145 in microvasculatureLi Ya Ji
Department of Cardiology, The Second Xiangya Hospital of Central South University, Middle Ren Min Road, No 139, Changsha, Hunan 410011
Pharmazie 68:387-91. 2013....
- Deregulated expression of miR-145 in manifold human cancer cellsAi Yan Xing
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Shandong University, Jinan, PR China
Exp Mol Pathol 95:91-7. 2013..miR-145 suppresses cell proliferation, anchorage-independent growth, cell motility, and may serve as a tumor suppressor. ..
- miR-145 overexpression suppresses the migration and invasion of metastatic melanoma cellsPeter Dynoodt
Department of Dermatology, Ghent University Hospital, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Int J Oncol 42:1443-51. 2013..Despite the fact that it remains unclear which genes or pathways are regulated by miR-145 in melanoma, miR-145 may serve as a useful therapeutic agent in melanoma when re-expressed in situ...
- MiR-145 functions as a tumor suppressor by directly targeting histone deacetylase 2 in liver cancerJi Heon Noh
Lab of Oncogenomics, Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Cancer Lett 335:455-62. 2013..This treatment repressed cancer cell growth and recapitulated HDAC2 knockdown effects on HCC cells. In conclusion, we suggest that loss or suppression of miR-145 may cause aberrant overexpression of HDAC2 and promote HCC tumorigenesis...
- Differential expression of miR-145 in children with Kawasaki diseaseChisato Shimizu
Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e58159. 2013..To understand the role that microRNAs play in modifying gene expression in Kawasaki disease, we studied microRNAs from whole blood during the acute and convalescent stages of the illness...
- Human papillomaviruses modulate microRNA 145 expression to directly control genome amplificationVignesh Gunasekharan
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Virol 87:6037-43. 2013..Our studies show that HPV modulates miR-145 expression to control its own life cycle...
- miR-143 and miR-145 are downregulated in ulcerative colitis: putative regulators of inflammation and protooncogenesJoel R Pekow
Section of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, University of Chicago, Illinois, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 18:94-100. 2012..We speculated that miR-143 and miR-145 might also be downregulated and contribute to malignant transformation of colonic epithelium in longstanding ulcerative colitis (UC)...
- Regulation of cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator by microRNA-145, -223, and -494 is altered in ΔF508 cystic fibrosis airway epitheliumIrene K Oglesby
Respiratory Research Division, Department of Medicine, Education and Research Centre, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9, Ireland
J Immunol 190:3354-62. 2013..Defective CFTR function, Pseudomonas colonization, and inflammation may affect miRNA expression and contribute to the regulation of ΔF508 CFTR...
- p53 regulates cell cycle and microRNAs to promote differentiation of human embryonic stem cellsAbhinav K Jain
Program in Genes and Development, Center for Stem Cell and Development Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
PLoS Biol 10:e1001268. 2012..These studies underscore the importance of a p53-regulated network in determining the human stem cell state...
- Regulation of microRNAs by Brahma-related gene 1 (Brg1) in smooth muscle cellsMeng Chen
Department of Cellular and Integrative Physiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 288:6397-408. 2013..SWI/SNF-mediated chromatin remodeling thus regulates the phenotype of smooth muscle by affecting expression of protein-coding genes and microRNAs...
- Loss of microRNA-143/145 disturbs cellular growth and apoptosis of human epithelial cancers by impairing the MDM2-p53 feedback loopJ Zhang
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Ninth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, PR China
Oncogene 32:61-9. 2013..Re-expression of miR-143 and miR-145 may be a reasonable strategy for treatment of epithelial cancers...
- MicroRNA-145 targets vascular endothelial growth factor and inhibits invasion and metastasis of osteosarcoma cellsLei Fan
Department of Orthopaedics, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 44:407-14. 2012..One of the mechanisms is the down-regulation of VEGF expression by miR-145 by binding to the 3'UTR of VEGF mRNA specifically. These novel findings may have extensive implications for an effective gene therapy of osteosarcoma...
- MiR-145 inhibits tumor angiogenesis and growth by N-RAS and VEGFChao Zou
Institute of Molecular and Chemical Biology, East China Normal University, Shanghai, China
Cell Cycle 11:2137-45. 2012..Taken together, these results demonstrate that miR-145 plays important inhibitory role in breast cancer malignancy by targeting N-RAS and VEGF-A, which may be potential therapeutic and diagnostic targets...
- Olea europaea leaf extract alters microRNA expression in human glioblastoma cellsBerrin Tunca
Department of Medical Biology, Medical Faculty, Uludag University, Bursa, Turkey
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 138:1831-44. 2012..The present study aimed to evaluate whether Olea europaea leaf extract (OLE) has an anticancer effect and modulates miRNA expression in GBM...
- RREB1 repressed miR-143/145 modulates KRAS signaling through downregulation of multiple targetsO A Kent
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Oncogene 32:2576-85. 2013..These results establish a complex network of regulation through which the miR-143/145 cluster is able to modulate KRAS signaling in colorectal cancer...
- [The Role of Micro-RNA/143/145 in Evolution of Intra-Stent Restenosis]I M Popovich
Institute of Cardiology, ul N Testemicianu, 29 1, 2025, Moldova, Kishinev
Kardiologiia 51:17-21. 2011....
- MicroRNA-145 protects cardiomyocytes against hydrogen peroxide (H₂O₂)-induced apoptosis through targeting the mitochondria apoptotic pathwayRuotian Li
Department of Cardiology, The Affiliated Drum Tower Hospital of Nanjing University Medical School, Nanjing, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 7:e44907. 2012..MiR-145 may represent a potential therapeutic target for treatment of oxidative stress-associated cardiovascular diseases, such as myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury...
- Human RNA methyltransferase BCDIN3D regulates microRNA processingBlerta Xhemalce
Wellcome Trust Cancer Research UK Gurdon Institute, The Henry Wellcome Building of Cancer and Developmental Biology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QN, UK
Cell 151:278-88. 2012..Together, our results uncover a miRNA methylation pathway potentially involved in cancer that antagonizes the Dicer-dependent processing of miR-145 as well as other miRNAs...
- Replacement treatment with microRNA-143 and -145 induces synergistic inhibition of the growth of human bladder cancer cells by regulating PI3K/Akt and MAPK signaling pathwaysShunsuke Noguchi
United Graduate School of Drug Discovery and Medical Information Sciences, Gifu University, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu 501 1193, Japan
Cancer Lett 328:353-61. 2013....
- Serum circulating microRNA profiling for identification of potential breast cancer biomarkersFermín Mar-Aguilar
Departamento de Biología Celular y Genética, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, San Nicolas de los Garza, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, Mexico
Dis Markers 34:163-9. 2013..miRNA profiling in serum has potential as a novel method for breast cancer detection in the Mexican population...
- Coordinate loss of a microRNA and protein-coding gene cooperate in the pathogenesis of 5q- syndromeMadhu S Kumar
Department of Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, USA
Blood 118:4666-73. 2011..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that coordinate deletion of a miRNA and a protein-coding gene contributes to the phenotype of a human malignancy, the 5q- syndrome...
- microRNA-145 suppresses lung adenocarcinoma-initiating cell proliferation by targeting OCT4Rong Yin
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Nanjing Medical University Affiliated Cancer Hospital of Jiangsu Province, Cancer Institution of Jiangsu Province, Nanjing 210009, PR China
Oncol Rep 25:1747-54. 2011..We, therefore, confirmed that miR-145 can impair the proliferation of human lung adenocarcinoma-initiating cells by targeting OCT4 and leads to inhibition of lung cancer development...
- Identification of miR-145 and miR-146a as mediators of the 5q- syndrome phenotypeDaniel T Starczynowski
British Columbia Cancer Agency Research Centre, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Nat Med 16:49-58. 2010..Thus, inappropriate activation of innate immune signals in HSPCs phenocopies several clinical features of 5q- syndrome...
- Identification of a new microRNA expression profile as a potential cancer screening toolWilson Roa
Alberta Laboratory for Environmental Cancer Risk and Assessment, Alberta, Canada
Clin Invest Med 33:E124. 2010..This study investigated miRNA expression profiles of human cancer cells in order to develop a screening method for lung cancer...
- MicroRNA expression profiles predictive of human renal allograft statusDany Anglicheau
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Medicine, New York Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:5330-5. 2009..Our studies, in addition to suggesting a cellular basis for the altered intragraft expression of miRNAs, propose that miRNA expression patterns may serve as biomarkers of human renal allograft status...
- Expression patterns of microRNAs are altered in hypoxic human neuroblastoma cellsTetsuya Yamagata
Department of Surgery, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Pediatr Surg Int 26:1179-84. 2010..As a step toward identifying the role of miRNA in hypoxic tumor cells, the present study was designed to determine which miRNAs have increased expression and which have decreased expression in hypoxic neuroblastoma cells...
- Systematic analysis of off-target effects in an RNAi screen reveals microRNAs affecting sensitivity to TRAIL-induced apoptosisIan Sudbery
Work performed at Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, The Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK
BMC Genomics 11:175. 2010..We have conducted a careful examination of off-target effects during an siRNA screen for novel regulators of the TRAIL apoptosis induction pathway(s)...
- MiRNA profile in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma: downregulation of miR-143 and miR-145Bing Li Wu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical College of Shantou University, Shantou 515041, Guangdong Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 17:79-88. 2011..To investigate the expression profile of miRNA in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC)...
- [miR-145 inhibits lung adenocarcinoma stem cells proliferation by targeting OCT4 gene]Shuai Zhang
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Nanjing Medical University Affiliated Cancer Hospital of Jiangsu Province, Nanjing, China
Zhongguo Fei Ai Za Zhi 14:317-22. 2011..The aim of this study is to investigate the relationship between miR-145 and proliferation of lung cancer stem cells and involved molecular mechanisms in human lung adenocarcinoma A549 cell line...
- MicroRNA-145 regulates human corneal epithelial differentiationSharon Ka Wai Lee
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
PLoS ONE 6:e21249. 2011..Here we investigated the microRNAs expressed in human limbal-peripheral corneal (LPC) epithelia containing corneal epithelial progenitor cells (CEPCs) and early transit amplifying cells, and their role in corneal epithelium...
- Expression of micro-RNA-145 is regulated by a highly conserved genomic sequence 3' to the pre-miRGaspare La Rocca
Department of Cancer Biology, Thomas Jefferson University and Kimmel Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Cell Physiol 226:602-7. 2011Micro-RNA-145 (miR145), a tumor suppressor miR, dramatically inhibits growth of cancer cells in culture and plays a significant role in human stem cells differentiation...
- MicroRNA regulation of IFN-beta protein expression: rapid and sensitive modulation of the innate immune responseKenneth W Witwer
Department of Molecular and Comparative Pathobiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 733 North Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Immunol 184:2369-76. 2010..Thus, miRNAs may contribute significantly to the regulation of IFN-beta in innate immune responses...