Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR205
Description: microRNA 205
- miR-205 expression promotes cell proliferation and migration of human cervical cancer cellsHong Xie
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Cancer Center Karolinska, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 7:e46990. 2012..In summary, our findings reveal novel functional roles and targets of miR-205 in human cervical cancer, which may provide new insights about its role in cervical carcinogenesis and its potential value for clinical diagnosis...
- Biological and prognostic associations of miR-205 and let-7b in breast cancer revealed by in situ hybridization analysis of micro-RNA expression in arrays of archival tumour tissueJohn Le Quesne
Cancer Research UK, Cambridge Research Institute and Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge, UK
J Pathol 227:306-14. 2012..miR-205 is associated with tumours of ductal morphology and is of significant positive prognostic value within these tumours. We propose that the expression of miR-205 may contribute to ductal tumour morphology...
- MiR-205 determines the radioresistance of human nasopharyngeal carcinoma by directly targeting PTENChangju Qu
Department of Pathophysiology, Zhongshan School of Medicine, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Cell Cycle 11:785-96. 2012..Both miR-205 and PTEN are potential predictive biomarkers for radiosensitivity of NPC and may serve as targets for achieve successful radiotherapy in NPC...
- MiR-130a, miR-203 and miR-205 jointly repress key oncogenic pathways and are downregulated in prostate carcinomaK Boll
RNomics Group, Fraunhofer IZI, Leipzig, Germany
Oncogene 32:277-85. 2013..We therefore propose that these microRNAs jointly act as tumor suppressors in prostate carcinoma and might interfere with progression to castration resistance...
- Prognostic significance of miR-205 in endometrial cancerMihriban Karaayvaz
Department of Pathology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e35158. 2012..The goal of this study is to investigate the prognostic value of selected key microRNAs in endometrial cancer by the analysis of archival formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissues...
- miR-205 regulates basement membrane deposition in human prostate: implications for cancer developmentP Gandellini
Department of Experimental Oncology, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Cell Death Differ 19:1750-60. 2012..Here we demonstrate that therapeutic replacement of miR-205 in prostate cancer (PCa) cells can restore BM deposition and 3D organization into normal-like acinar structures, thus hampering cancer progression...
- Expression analysis of MiR-21, MiR-205, and MiR-342 in breast cancer in IranShahram Savad
Department of Medical Genetics, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences TUMS, Tehran, Iran
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 13:873-7. 2012..We conclude that miR-21 does not discriminate between different breast cancer groups. In contrast, miR-205 and miR-342 may be used as potential biomarkers for diagnosis of triple negative breast cancer...
- Evaluation of dynamic change of serum miR-21 and miR-24 in pre- and post-operative lung carcinoma patientsHan bo LE
Department of Cardio Thoracic Surgery, Medical Research Centre, Zhoushan Hospital, Zhoushan, 316004, Zhejiang, China
Med Oncol 29:3190-7. 2012..In addition, miR-21 and miR-24 serum levels were lower in post-operative samples than those in pre-operative samples, suggesting they can potentially be used as biomarkers for disease recurrence after surgery operation...
- Epigenetic-induced repression of microRNA-205 is associated with MED1 activation and a poorer prognosis in localized prostate cancerT Hulf
Epigenetics Group, Cancer Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Darlinghurst, New South Wales, Australia
Oncogene 32:2891-9. 2013..In summary, these results suggest that miR-205 is an epigenetically regulated tumor suppressor that targets MED1 and may provide a potential biomarker in prostate cancer management...
- In situ measurement of miR-205 in malignant melanoma tissue supports its role as a tumor suppressor microRNAJason A Hanna
Department of Pathology, Yale University Medical School, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Lab Invest 92:1390-7. 2012..The quantification of miR-205 in situ suggests potential for the use of miRNAs in future prognostic or predictive models...
- Loss of p63 and its microRNA-205 target results in enhanced cell migration and metastasis in prostate cancerPaola Tucci
Medical Research Council, Toxicology Unit, Leicester University, Leicester, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:15312-7. 2012..These data suggest that p63/miR-205 may be a useful clinical predictor of metastatic behavior in prostate cancer...
- Epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition leads to docetaxel resistance in prostate cancer and is mediated by reduced expression of miR-200c and miR-205Martin Puhr
Division of Experimental Urology, Department of Urology, Innsbruck Medical University, Anichstrasse 35, Innsbruck, Austria
Am J Pathol 181:2188-201. 2012..Therefore, we suggest that this mechanism is at least in part responsible for chemotherapy failure, with implications for the development of novel therapeutics...
- MicroRNA-184 antagonizes microRNA-205 to maintain SHIP2 levels in epitheliaJia Yu
Department of Dermatology, The Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:19300-5. 2008..Blockage of miR-205 activity with an antagomir or via ectopic expression of miR-184 could be novel therapeutic approaches for treating aggressive SCCs...
- MicroRNA-205 directly regulates the tumor suppressor, interleukin-24, in human KB oral cancer cellsJae Sung Kim
Oral Biology Research Institute, Chosun University School of Dentistry, Gwangju, Korea
Mol Cells 35:17-24. 2013..In addition, miR-205 targeted the IL-24 promoter directly to induce gene expression. Overall, miR-205 has significant therapeutic potential to turn on silenced tumor suppressor genes by targeting them with miRNA...
- The p63 protein isoform ΔNp63α inhibits epithelial-mesenchymal transition in human bladder cancer cells: role of MIR-205Mai N Tran
Department of Urology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77054, USA
J Biol Chem 288:3275-88. 2013..Together, our data demonstrate that ΔNp63α-mediated expression of miR-205 contributes to the regulation of EMT in bladder cancer cells and identify miR-205 as a molecular marker of the lethal subset of human bladder cancers...
- miR-205 negatively regulates the androgen receptor and is associated with adverse outcome of prostate cancer patientsZ Hagman
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Clinical Chemistry, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Br J Cancer 108:1668-76. 2013..The microRNA-205 (miR-205) has been shown to be deregulated in prostate cancer (PCa). Here we continue to investigate the prognostic and therapeutic potential of this microRNA...
- miR-205 promotes tumor proliferation and invasion through targeting ESRRG in endometrial carcinomaNing Su
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, International Peace Maternity and Child Health Hospital of the China Welfare Institute Affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200030, PR China
Oncol Rep 29:2297-302. 2013..Nonetheless, we identified the ESRRG gene to be a novel target, which could be helpful to elucidate mechanisms underlying the tumorigenesis of EEC...
- MicroRNA-205, a novel regulator of the anti-apoptotic protein Bcl2, is downregulated in prostate cancerBerlinda Verdoodt
Institute of Pathology, Ruhr University Bochum, D 44789 Bochum, Germany
Int J Oncol 43:307-14. 2013..MiR-205 also inhibited proliferation in these cell lines...
- Identification of microRNA-205 as a potential prognostic indicator for human gliomaShuang Xing Hou
Department of Neurology, Xi Jing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, 127 West Chang Le Road, Xi an 710032, China
J Clin Neurosci 20:933-7. 2013..09). In conclusion, down-regulation of miR-205 was associated with glioma progression. Our data are the first to suggest that miR-205 holds potential as a prognostic factor for glioma, especially for patients with advanced disease...
- Relative expressions of miR-205-5p, miR-205-3p, and miR-21 in tissues and serum of non-small cell lung cancer patientsMin Jiang
Department of Respiration, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanchang University, Nanchang, 330006, Jiangxi, China
Mol Cell Biochem 383:67-75. 2013..033 and P = 0.002, respectively). In this preliminary and novel study, miR-205-5p was more useful as a marker for NSCLC than miR-205-3p or miR-21, indicating a potential for future applications in NSCLC diagnosis and prognosis...
- MiR-205 is progressively down-regulated in lymph node metastasis but fails as a prognostic biomarker in high-risk prostate cancerCharis Kalogirou
Department of Urology and Paediatric Urology, University Hospital Wurzburg, Oberdürrbacher Str 6, Wurzburg 97080, Germany
Int J Mol Sci 14:21414-34. 2013..These findings might have implications for the use of miR-205 as a prognostic or therapeutic target in HRPCa. ..
- MiR-205 inhibits cell apoptosis by targeting phosphatase and tensin homolog deleted on chromosome ten in endometrial cancer Ishikawa cellsGuiyu Zhang
Department of Gynecology, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, 107 Wenhuaxi Road, Jinan 250012, P, R, China
BMC Cancer 14:440. 2014....
- Diagnostic and prognostic value of miR-205 in colorectal cancerAyla Valinezhad Orang
Department of Animal Biology, Faculty of Natural Science, University of Tabriz, Iran E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 15:4033-7. 2014..Therefore, targeting miR-205 and its potential environmental activators might be a promising therapeutic option to prevent malignant progression toward metastasis. ..
- MicroRNA-205 inhibits tumor cell migration through down-regulating the expression of the LDL receptor-related protein 1Heesang Song
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 388:400-5. 2009..These results, for the first time, demonstrate that expression of human LRP1 is regulated in part by a specific miRNA, leading to decreased tumor cell migration...
- The ups and downs of miR-205: identifying the roles of miR-205 in mammary gland development and breast cancerStephanie B Greene
Program in Developmental Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
RNA Biol 7:300-4. 2010..The role that miR-205 plays in directing stem cell fate is still unknown...
- MicroRNA-205 promotes keratinocyte migration via the lipid phosphatase SHIP2Jia Yu
Department of Dermatology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 303 E Chicago Ave, Ward 9 124, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
FASEB J 24:3950-9. 2010..The connection among miR-205, RhoA-ROCKI-cofilin inactivation, and the actin cytoskeleton represents a novel post-translational mechanism for the regulation of normal human keratinocyte migration...
- MicroRNAs and esophageal squamous cell carcinomaKayoko Matsushima
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Nagasaki University Hospital, Nagasaki 852 8501, Japan
Digestion 82:138-44. 2010..These results provide insight into the potential mechanisms of ESCC in the pathogenesis. This review also includes a comprehensive overview of the relationship between miRNAs and ESCC...
- Prognostic value of mature microRNA-21 and microRNA-205 overexpression in non-small cell lung cancer by quantitative real-time RT-PCRAthina Markou
Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Clin Chem 54:1696-704. 2008..We evaluated the prognostic value of mature microRNA-21 (miR-21) and mature microRNA-205 (miR-205) overexpression in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Expression of microRNAs in squamous cell carcinoma of human head and neck and the esophagus: miR-205 and miR-21 are specific markers for HNSCC and ESCCSotai Kimura
Division of Tumor Pathology, Department of Pathological Sciences, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Fukui, Fukui, Japan
Oncol Rep 23:1625-33. 2010..These results suggest that miR-205 might be a specific marker miRNA of both normal and malignant squamous epithelia, while miR-21 might be a putative oncogenic miRNA in HNSCC and ESCC...
- MicroRNA-205 inhibits Src-mediated oncogenic pathways in renal cancerShahana Majid
Department of Urology, VA Medical Center and University of California San Francisco, USA
Cancer Res 71:2611-21. 2011..miR-205 also inhibited tumor cell growth in vivo. This is the first study showing that miR-205 inhibits proto-oncogenic SFKs, indicating a therapeutic potential of miR-205 in the treatment of renal cancer...
- Targeting miR-205 in breast cancerHailong Wu
Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Department of Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Cell Biology, 825 N Rutledge, PO Box 19626, Springfield, IL 62794, USA
Expert Opin Ther Targets 13:1439-48. 2009..These findings establish the tumor suppressive role of miR-205, which is probably through direct targeting of oncogenes such as ErbB3 and Zeb1. Therefore, miR-205 may serve as a unique therapeutic target for breast cancer...
- EMT and stem cell-like properties associated with miR-205 and miR-200 epigenetic silencing are early manifestations during carcinogen-induced transformation of human lung epithelial cellsCarmen S Tellez
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108, USA
Cancer Res 71:3087-97. 2011..Our findings extend present concepts of how EMT participates in cancer pathophysiology by showing that EMT induction can participate in cancer initiation to promote the clonal expansion of premalignant lung epithelial cells...
- Downregulation of miR-205 and miR-31 confers resistance to chemotherapy-induced apoptosis in prostate cancer cellsN Bhatnagar
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, North Dakota State University, Fargo, 58108, USA
Cell Death Dis 1:e105. 2010..Thus, downregulation of miR-205 and miR-31 has an important role in apoptosis resistance in advanced prostate cancer...
- miR-205 Exerts tumor-suppressive functions in human prostate through down-regulation of protein kinase CepsilonPaolo Gandellini
Department of Experimental Oncology and Laboratories, Fondazione Istituto Di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Cancer Res 69:2287-95. 2009....
- MiRNA-205 modulates cellular invasion and migration via regulating zinc finger E-box binding homeobox 2 expression in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma cellsKayoko Matsushima
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Nagasaki University Hospital, Sakamoto, Nagasaki, Japan
J Transl Med 9:30. 2011..Accumulating evidence indicates that deregulation of miR is associated with human malignancies including ESCC. The aim of this study was to identify miR that could be specifically expressed and exert distinct biological actions in ESCC...
- Suppression of cell growth and invasion by miR-205 in breast cancerHailong Wu
Department of Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Cell Biology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, 825 N Rutledge, PO Box 19626, Springfield, IL 62794, USA
Cell Res 19:439-48. 2009..Together, these results suggest that miR-205 is a tumor suppressor in breast cancer...
- MicroRNA-143 and -205 expression in neosquamous esophageal epithelium following Argon plasma ablation of Barrett's esophagusWillem A Dijckmeester
Department of Surgery, Flinders University, Room 3D211, Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, South Australia, 5042, Australia
J Gastrointest Surg 13:846-53. 2009..Investigating simple columnar or stratified squamous epithelium associated cytokeratin and microRNA (miRNA) expression in neo-squamous epithelium could help determine the identity and stability of the neosquamous epithelium...
- miRNA-205 suppresses melanoma cell proliferation and induces senescence via regulation of E2F1 proteinAltaf A Dar
California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute, San Francisco, California 94107, USA
J Biol Chem 286:16606-14. 2011..E2F1 overexpression in miR-205-expressing cells partially reversed the effects on melanoma cell growth and senescence. These results demonstrate a novel role for miR-205 as a tumor suppressor in melanoma...
- ErbB2 down-regulates microRNA-205 in breast cancerRyohei Adachi
Department of Public Health, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Niigata University of Pharmacy and Applied Life Sciences, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 411:804-8. 2011....
- Differential expression of microRNAs during melanoma progression: miR-200c, miR-205 and miR-211 are downregulated in melanoma and act as tumour suppressorsY Xu
MRC Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh, MRC Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh, EH4 2XU, UK
Br J Cancer 106:553-61. 2012..Significant morphological overlap between benign and malignant lesions complicates diagnosis, and tumour thickness is not always an accurate predictor of prognosis...
- miR-29b, miR-205 and miR-221 enhance chemosensitivity to gemcitabine in HuH28 human cholangiocarcinoma cellsKinya Okamoto
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Tottori University School of Medicine, Yonago, Tottori, Japan
PLoS ONE 8:e77623. 2013..Some miRNAs play important roles in the chemosensitivity of tumors. Here, we examined the relationship between miRNA expression and the sensitivity of CCA cells to Gem...
- miR-24 and miR-205 expression is dependent on HPV onco-protein expression in keratinocytesDeclan J McKenna
Biomedical Sciences Research Institute, University of Ulster, Coleraine, Co Derry BT52 1SA, UK Centre for Cancer Research and Cell Biology, School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Science, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast BT9 7BL, UK Electronic address
Virology 448:210-6. 2014....
- miR-205 impairs the autophagic flux and enhances cisplatin cytotoxicity in castration-resistant prostate cancer cellsMarzia Pennati
Molecular Pharmacology Unit, Department of Experimental Oncology and Molecular Medicine, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Via G Amadeo 42, 20133 Milano, Italy
Biochem Pharmacol 87:579-97. 2014....
- miR-205 down-regulation promotes proliferation of dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans tumor cells by regulating LRP-1 and ERK phosphorylationIkko Kajihara
Department of Dermatology and Plastic Surgery, Faculty of Life Sciences, Kumamoto University, 1 1 1 Honjo, Kumamoto, Japan
Arch Dermatol Res 306:367-74. 2014..Taken together, LRP-1 overexpression caused by the miR-205 down-regulation may play a role in the abnormal proliferation of DFSP cells via directly regulating ERK phosphorylation. ..
- miR-375 and miR-205 Regulate the Invasion and Migration of Laryngeal Squamous Cell Carcinoma Synergistically via AKT-Mediated EMTBin Wang
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Otorhinolaryngology Institute, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Biomed Res Int 2016:9652789. 2016....
- miR-205 in situ expression and localization in head and neck tumors - a tissue array studyAb Mutalib Nurul-Syakima
Department of Biomedical Science, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Selangor, Malaysia e mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 15:9071-5. 2014..miR-205 may be differentially expressed in head and neck cancers; however, there are conflicting data and localization of expression has yet to be determined...
- miRNA-205 is a candidate tumor suppressor that targets ZEB2 in renal cell carcinomaZhi Chen
Department of Urology, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, China
Oncol Res Treat 37:658-64. 2014..This study aims to characterize the function of downregulated MicroRNA miR-205 in renal cell carcinoma (RCC), and show how the downstream zinc finger E-box-binding homeobox 2 (ZEB2) is negatively regulated by miR-205...
- The role of miR-205 in the VEGF-mediated promotion of human ovarian cancer cell invasionJuanni Li
Department of Pathology, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410008, China Department of Pathology, School of Basic Medical Science, Central South University, Changsha 410013, China
Gynecol Oncol 137:125-33. 2015..Our objective was to investigate a miRNA pathway that acts downstream of VEGF-induced invasion of ovarian cancer cells...
- MiR-205 and miR-218 expression is associated with carboplatin chemoresistance and regulation of apoptosis via Mcl-1 and Survivin in lung cancer cellsPaul Zarogoulidis
Pulmonary Department Oncology Unit, G Papanikolaou General Hospital, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki 57010, Greece
Cell Signal 27:1576-88. 2015....
- Accuracy of microRNAs as markers for the detection of neck lymph node metastases in patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinomaAna Carolina de Carvalho
Laboratory of Cancer Molecular Biology, Department of Biological Sciences, Diadema Campus, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Rua Pedro de Toledo, 669, Sao Paulo, SP, 04039 032, Brazil
BMC Med 13:108. 2015..Herein, we evaluated the feasibility of using the expression of microRNAs to detect metastatic cells in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) lymph nodes and in fine-needle aspiration (FNA) biopsies of HNSCC patients...
- miR-205-5p-mediated downregulation of ErbB/HER receptors in breast cancer stem cells results in targeted therapy resistanceA De Cola
Department of Experimental and Clinical Sciences, Aging Research Center Ce S I, University G D Annunzio, Chieti Pescara, Italy
Cell Death Dis 6:e1823. 2015..Furthermore, we show that miR-205-5p directly regulates the expression of p63 which is in turn involved in the EGFR expression suggesting a miR-205/p63/EGFR regulation. ..
- MiR-205 functions as a tumor suppressor via targeting TGF-α in osteosarcomaGuojin Yang
Department of Orthopedics, the Second People s Hospital of Taizhou City, Jiangsu Province, China Electronic address
Exp Mol Pathol 100:160-6. 2016..In conclusion, our study suggested that miR-205 may function as a tumor suppressor via targeting TGF-α in OS, and the abnormal expression of miR-205 might be a key factor in OS progression. ..
- MicroRNA-205 acts as a tumor suppressor in osteosarcoma via targeting RUNX2Can Zhang
Department of Orthopaedics, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410008, P R China
Oncol Rep 35:3275-84. 2016..Taken together, our data demonstrate that miR-205 acts as a tumor suppressor in OS via directly targeting RUNX2. Therefore, we suggest that the miR-205/RUNX2 axis may serve as a potential target for the treatment of OS. ..
- Prognostic impact of a 3-MicroRNA signature in cytological samples of small cell lung cancerGiuseppe Mancuso
Department of Health Science, School of Medicine, Amedeo Avogadro University of Eastern Piedmont, Novara, Italy
Cancer Cytopathol 124:621-9. 2016..MicroRNA (miRNA) signatures have been recently proposed as useful biomarkers in lung cancer because of their high stability during standard sample processing...
- Tumor suppressive function of mir-205 in breast cancer is linked to HMGB3 regulationOla A Elgamal
College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e76402. 2013..In conclusion, regulation of HMGB3 by miR-205 reduced both proliferation and invasion of breast cancer cells. Our findings suggest that modulating miR-205 and/or targeting HMGB3 are potential therapies for advanced breast cancer. ..
- miRNA-205 affects infiltration and metastasis of breast cancerZhouquan Wang
Department of Chest Surgery, the First Affiliated Hospital of Medical College, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710061, China Department of Tumor, SenGong Hospital of Shaanxi, Xi an 710300, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 441:139-43. 2013..The present study investigated the influence of miR-205 on breast cancer malignancy...
- Inhibition of miR-205 impairs the wound-healing process in human corneal epithelial cells by targeting KIR4.1 (KCNJ10)DaoHong Lin
Department of Pharmacology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 54:6167-78. 2013....
- miR-205 targets PTEN and PHLPP2 to augment AKT signaling and drive malignant phenotypes in non-small cell lung cancerJunchao Cai
Department of Microbiology, Zhongshan School of Medicine, Sun Yat Sen University, 74 Zhongshan Road II, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510080, China
Cancer Res 73:5402-15. 2013..Taken together, our results define a major epigenetic mechanism for suppression of PTEN and PHLPP2 in NSCLC, identifying a pivotal role for miR-205 in development and progression of this widespread disease...
- MicroRNA-205 functions as a tumor suppressor in human glioblastoma cells by targeting VEGF-AXiao Yue
Department of Neurosurgery, Shandong Cancer Hospital, Shandong Academy of Medical Sciences, Jinan 250117, PR China
Oncol Rep 27:1200-6. 2012..Taken together, the present study for the first time provides evidence that miRNA-205 is a glioma-specific tumor suppressor by targeting VEGF-A...
- Metformin lowers the threshold for stress-induced senescence: a role for the microRNA-200 family and miR-205Sílvia Cufí
Translational Research Laboratory, Catalan Institute of Oncology, Girona, Catalonia, Spain
Cell Cycle 11:1235-46. 2012....
- Relationship between altered expression levels of MIR21, MIR143, MIR145, and MIR205 and clinicopathologic features of esophageal squamous cell carcinomaI Akagi
Division of Surgery for Organ Function and Biological Regulation, Graduate School of Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Dis Esophagus 24:523-30. 2011..information on the clinicopathologic significance of cancer-related miRNAs (MIR21, MIR143, MIR144, MIR145, and MIR205) in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC)...
- Loss of microRNA-205 expression is associated with melanoma progressionShujing Liu
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Lab Invest 92:1084-96. 2012..Together, these results provide in vitro and in vivo evidence for miR-205 as a critical suppressor of melanoma cell migration...
- Oncosuppressive role of p53-induced miR-205 in triple negative breast cancerClaudia Piovan
Departments of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Human Genetics, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Mol Oncol 6:458-72. 2012....
- Downregulation of miR-205 modulates cell susceptibility to oxidative and endoplasmic reticulum stresses in renal tubular cellsShiyo Muratsu-Ikeda
Division of Nephrology and Endocrinology, University of Tokyo School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 7:e41462. 2012..While the pathophysiological contribution of microRNAs (miRNA) to renal damage has also been highlighted, the effect of miRNA on renal damage under oxidative and ER stresses conditions remains elusive...
- E2F1 confers anticancer drug resistance by targeting ABC transporter family members and Bcl-2 via the p73/DNp73-miR-205 circuitryVijay Alla
Department of Vectorology and Experimental Gene Therapy, Biomedical Research Center, Rostock University Medicine, Rostock, Germany
Cell Cycle 11:3067-78. 2012..These results define the E2F1-p73/DNp73-miR-205 axis as a crucial mechanism for chemoresistance and, thus, as a target for metastasis prevention...
- Diagnostic and prognostic significance of miRNA signatures in tissues and plasma of endometrioid endometrial carcinoma patientsAnna Torres
Laboratory of Biostructure, Department of Human Anatomy, Medical University of Lublin, Lublin, Poland
Int J Cancer 132:1633-45. 2013..909 (95% CI: 0.789-973) and 0.913 (95% CI: 0.794-0.976), respectively. We conclude that miRNA signatures hold a great promise to become noninvasive biomarkers for early EEC detection and prognosis...
- MicroRNA-205 regulates the expression of Parkinson's disease-related leucine-rich repeat kinase 2 proteinHyun Jin Cho
Transgenics Section, Laboratory of Neurogenetics, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Hum Mol Genet 22:608-20. 2013....
- Impact of gastro-oesophageal reflux on microRNA expression, location and functionCameron M Smith
Department of Surgery, Flinders University, Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, SA 5042, Australia
BMC Gastroenterol 13:4. 2013..Now, to better understand early steps in the initiation of Barrett's oesophagus, we assessed the expression, location and function of these microRNAs in oesophageal squamous mucosa from individuals with ulcerative oesophagitis...
- Kinetic modeling-based detection of genetic signatures that provide chemoresistance via the E2F1-p73/DNp73-miR-205 networkJulio Vera
Department of Systems Biology and Bioinformatics, Institute of Computer Science, University of Rostock, Rostock
Cancer Res 73:3511-24. 2013....
- miR-205 Expression levels in nonsmall cell lung cancer do not always distinguish adenocarcinomas from squamous cell carcinomasValerio Del Vescovo
Centre for Integrative Biology, University of Trento, Italy
Am J Surg Pathol 35:268-75. 2011..Therefore, it cannot be used as a substitute of accurate morphologic and immunophenotypical characterization of tumors, but could be used as an adjunctive diagnostic criterion in selected cases...
- Serum and urinary free microRNA level in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusG Wang
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, China
Lupus 20:493-500. 2011..432, p = 0.005) and hematocrit (r = 0.370, p = 0.019). These pilot results suggested that miRNA may take part in the pathogenesis of SLE. Further studies are needed to validate the role of serum miRNA as a biomarker of SLE...
- Down-regulation of microRNAs of the miR-200 family and miR-205, and an altered expression of classic and desmosomal cadherins in spindle cell carcinoma of the head and neck--hallmark of epithelial-mesenchymal transitionNina Zidar
Institute of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Hum Pathol 42:482-8. 2011..The result is not only an altered expression of classic cadherins in adherens junctions but also a complete loss of desmosomal cadherins...
- Identification of novel Epstein-Barr virus microRNA genes from nasopharyngeal carcinomasJia Yun Zhu
Center for Integrated Protein Sciences Munich, Laboratory of RNA Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Am Klopferspitz 18, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
J Virol 83:3333-41. 2009..We found that the tumor suppressor BRCA-1 is a target of miR-15a as well as miR-16, suggesting a miRNA role in NPC pathogenesis...