Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR222
Description: microRNA 222
Alias: MIRN222, miRNA222, mir-222
- MiR-222 and miR-29a contribute to the drug-resistance of breast cancer cellsShanliang Zhong
Center of Clinical Laboratory Science, Jiangsu Cancer Hospital Affiliated to Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210009, China
Gene 531:8-14. 2013..The most importance is that we identify two miRNAs (miR-222 and miR-29a) involved in drug-resistance, at least in part via targeting PTEN...
- miR-221/222 promote malignant progression of glioma through activation of the Akt pathwayJunxia Zhang
Department of Neurosurgery, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, Tianjin, P R China
Int J Oncol 36:913-20. 2010..Our results suggest that miR-221/222 co-enhance the glioma malignant phenotype via activation of the Akt pathway mediated by regulation of common gene expression...
- Global changes of mRNA expression reveals an increased activity of the interferon-induced signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT) pathway by repression of miR-221/222 in glioblastoma U251 cellsChunzhi Zhang
Department of Neurosurgery, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, Tianjin 300052, P R China
Int J Oncol 36:1503-12. 2010..These data indicate for the first time a mechanism involving STAT1/2 upregulation under the transcriptional control of INF-alpha signaling after knockdown of miR-221/222 cluster in U251 glioma cells...
- microRNA-222 controls neovascularization by regulating signal transducer and activator of transcription 5A expressionPatrizia Dentelli
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:1562-8. 2010..Among them, microRNA-221/222 (miR-221/222) seem to negatively modulate vascular remodeling by targeting different target genes. Here, we investigated their potential contribution to inflammation-mediated neovessel formation...
- MiR-221 and miR-222 target PUMA to induce cell survival in glioblastomaChun zhi Zhang
Department of Neurosurgery, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, Tianjin 300052, China
Mol Cancer 9:229. 2010..Recent studies have reported that miR-221/222 regulate cell growth and cell cycle progression by targeting p27 and p57. However the underlying mechanism involved in cell survival modulation of miR-221/222 remains elusive...
- PUMA is a novel target of miR-221/222 in human epithelial cancersChunzhi Zhang
Department of Neurosurgery, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, Laboratory of Neuro Oncology, Tianjin Neurological Institute, Tianjin, PR China
Int J Oncol 37:1621-6. 2010..Together, these findings suggest that PUMA is a direct target of miR-221/222 that functions as an endogenous apoptosis regulator in these epithelial cancers...
- miR-222 regulates the cell biological behavior of oral squamous cell carcinoma by targeting PUMAFangfang Jiang
Institute of Stomatological Research, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Guanghua College of Stomatology, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510055, P R China
Oncol Rep 31:1255-62. 2014..Our results suggest that miR-222 targets the expression of PUMA in OSCC cells and affects cell growth, invasive and apoptotic abilities. Thus, PUMA may be a possible new target for the treatment of OSCC. ..
- MicroRNAs 221/222 and genistein-mediated regulation of ARHI tumor suppressor gene in prostate cancerYi Chen
Department of Urology, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 4:76-86. 2011..Genistein, a potential nontoxic chemopreventive agent, restores expression of ARHI and may be an important dietary therapeutic agent for treating prostate cancer...
- Elevated expression of tumor miR-222 in pancreatic cancer is associated with Ki67 and poor prognosisChonglek Lee
Department of Pancreatic Surgery, Pancreatic Disease Institute, Huashan Hospital Affiliated to Fudan University, No 12, WuRuWuQi Middle Road, Shanghai, 200040, China
Med Oncol 30:700. 2013..Our data suggest the potential of micro-RNA-222 as a prognostic biomarker for the pancreatic cancer. ..
- miR-221 and miR-222 expression affects the proliferation potential of human prostate carcinoma cell lines by targeting p27Kip1Silvia Galardi
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Via Montpellier, 1 00133 Rome, Italy
J Biol Chem 282:23716-24. 2007....
- miR-221/222 targets adiponectin receptor 1 to promote the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in breast cancerMichael S Hwang
Department of Molecular Diagnostics and Cancer Cell Biology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e66502. 2013..These results suggest that ADIPOR1 may play an important role in breast cancer progression and metastasis, and could potentially offer an alternative therapeutic strategy for basal-like breast cancer patients...
- TRPS1 targeting by miR-221/222 promotes the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in breast cancerSusanna Stinson
Department of Molecular Diagnostics and Cancer Cell Biology, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Sci Signal 4:ra41. 2011..We conclude that by promoting EMT, miR-221/222 may contribute to the more aggressive clinical behavior of basal-like breast cancers...
- High level of miR-221/222 confers increased cell invasion and poor prognosis in gliomaChunzhi Zhang
Department of Radiation Oncology, Tianjin Huanhu Hospital, Tianjin 300060, China
J Transl Med 10:119. 2012..MiR-221 and miR-222 (miR-221/222), upregulated in gliomas, can regulate glioma cell cycle progression and apoptosis, respectively. However, the association of miR-221/222 with glioma cell invasion and survival remains unknown...
- Constitutive activation of the ETS-1-miR-222 circuitry in metastatic melanomaGianfranco Mattia
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Molecular Medicine, Istituto Superiore Sanita, Rome, Italy
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 24:953-65. 2011..Finally, in vivo studies confirmed the contribution of miR-222 to the increased invasive potential obtained by ETS- silencing...
- miR-221/222 overexpession in human glioblastoma increases invasiveness by targeting the protein phosphate PTPμC Quintavalle
Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology and Pathology, Federico II University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Oncogene 31:858-68. 2012..In conclusion, our results suggest that miR-221 and -222 regulate glioma tumorigenesis at least in part through the control of PTPμ protein expression...
- MiR-222 modulates multidrug resistance in human colorectal carcinoma by down-regulating ADAM-17Ke Xu
State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering and Shanghai Key Laboratory of New Drug Design, School of Pharmacy, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai, PR China
Exp Cell Res 318:2168-77. 2012..Our findings suggest that miR-222 could play a role in the development of MDR by modulation of ADAM-17, the new MDR treatment target in colorectal carcinoma cells...
- miR-221/222 is the regulator of Cx43 expression in human glioblastoma cellsJianwei Hao
Department of Neurosurgery, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, Tianjin, PR China
Oncol Rep 27:1504-10. 2012..We conclude that miR-221/222 function as oncogenic microRNAs in human gliomas, at least in part, by targeting Cx43...
- Anti-microRNA-222 (anti-miR-222) and -181B suppress growth of tamoxifen-resistant xenografts in mouse by targeting TIMP3 protein and modulating mitogenic signalYuanzhi Lu
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 286:42292-302. 2011..In conclusion, miR-221/222 and -181b facilitate growth factor signaling in tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer by down-regulating TIMP3, and corresponding anti-miRs can be used to render these tumors responsive to tamoxifen...
- Dicer-regulated microRNAs 222 and 339 promote resistance of cancer cells to cytotoxic T-lymphocytes by down-regulation of ICAM-1Ryo Ueda
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:10746-51. 2009..This study suggests development of novel miR-targeted therapy to promote cytolysis of tumor cells...
- miR-221&222 regulate TRAIL resistance and enhance tumorigenicity through PTEN and TIMP3 downregulationMichela Garofalo
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Cancer Cell 16:498-509. 2009..Finally, we demonstrate that the MET oncogene is involved in miR-221&222 activation through the c-Jun transcription factor...
- Elevated expression of microRNAs 155, 203, 210 and 222 in pancreatic tumors is associated with poorer survivalThomas Greither
Clinic of Radiation Therapy, Martin Luther University, Halle, Wittenberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 126:73-80. 2010..Furthermore, the putative target genes for these microRNAs suggest a complex signaling network that can affect PDAC tumorigenesis and tumor progression...
- Regulation of p27Kip1 by miRNA 221/222 in glioblastomaJana K Gillies
Ottawa Health Research Institute, Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
Cell Cycle 6:2005-9. 2007..These data show that p27(Kip1) is a direct target for microRNAs 221 and 222, and suggest a role for these microRNAs in promoting the aggressive growth of human glioblastoma...
- MicroRNAs (miR)-221 and miR-222, both overexpressed in human thyroid papillary carcinomas, regulate p27Kip1 protein levels and cell cycleRosa Visone
Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare c o Istituto di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale del CNR, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Via Pansini, 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Endocr Relat Cancer 14:791-8. 2007..Therefore, the data reported here demonstrate that miR-221 and miR-222 are endogenous regulators of p27(Kip1) protein expression, and thereby, the cell cycle...
- MicroRNA-221/222 confers tamoxifen resistance in breast cancer by targeting p27Kip1Tyler E Miller
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, College of Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 283:29897-903. 2008..This finding also provides the rationale for the application of altered expression of specific miRNAs as a predictive tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer marker...
- MicroRNA-221/222 negatively regulates estrogen receptor alpha and is associated with tamoxifen resistance in breast cancerJian Jun Zhao
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Biol Chem 283:31079-86. 2008....
- MicroRNA-222 regulates cell invasion by targeting matrix metalloproteinase 1 (MMP1) and manganese superoxide dismutase 2 (SOD2) in tongue squamous cell carcinoma cell linesXiqiang Liu
Center for Molecular Biology of Oral Diseases, College of Dentistry, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612 7213, USA
Cancer Genomics Proteomics 6:131-9. 2009..Our results indicate that hsa-miR-222 plays an important role in OTSCC invasion, and may serve as a novel therapeutic target for OTSCC patients at risk of metastatic disease...
- MicroRNAs 221 and 222 inhibit normal erythropoiesis and erythroleukemic cell growth via kit receptor down-modulationNadia Felli
Department of Hematology, Oncology, and Molecular Medicine, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:18081-6. 2005..Furthermore, the results on kit+ erythroleukemic cells suggest a potential role of these miRs in cancer therapy...
- The role of microRNA-221 and microRNA-222 in androgen-independent prostate cancer cell linesTong Sun
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Res 69:3356-63. 2009..In conclusion, our data suggest the involvement of miR-221 and miR-222 in the development or maintenance of the CRPC phenotype...
- MiR-222 overexpression confers cell migratory advantages in hepatocellular carcinoma through enhancing AKT signalingQueenie W L Wong
Department of Anatomical and Cellular Pathology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, China
Clin Cancer Res 16:867-75. 2010..This study aims to profile the expressions of 156 microRNAs (miRNA) in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and to characterize the functions of miR-222, the most significantly upregulated candidate identified...
- The inhibition of the highly expressed miR-221 and miR-222 impairs the growth of prostate carcinoma xenografts in miceNeri Mercatelli
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 3:e4029. 2008..We previously showed this regulatory relationship in prostate carcinoma cell lines in vitro, underlying the role of miR-221/222 as inducers of proliferation and tumorigenicity...
- Tumor suppressive microRNAs (miR-222 and miR-31) regulate molecular pathways based on microRNA expression signature in prostate cancerMiki Fuse
Department of Functional Genomics, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
J Hum Genet 57:691-9. 2012..Identification and categorization of the molecular pathways regulated by tumor suppressive miRNAs could provide new information about the molecular mechanisms of PCa tumorigenesis...
- miR-222 attenuates cisplatin-induced cell death by targeting the PPP2R2A/Akt/mTOR Axis in bladder cancer cellsLi Ping Zeng
The State Key Laboratory of Medical Genetics, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, China
J Cell Mol Med 20:559-67. 2016..Therefore, miR-222 may be a novel therapeutic target for bladder cancer. ..
- Expression of 19 microRNAs in glioblastoma and comparison with other brain neoplasia of grades I-IIIMichela Visani
Department of Pharmacy and Biotechnology, FaBiT, University of Bologna, Via Belmeloro 6, 40126 Bologna, Italy
Mol Oncol 8:417-30. 2014..This study provides further data for the identification of a miRNA profile for glioblastoma and suggests that different-grade neoplasia could be characterized by different expression of specific miRNAs. ..
- HMGB1-Induced Cross Talk between PTEN and miRs 221/222 in Thyroid CancerS Mardente
Department of Experimental Medicine, Sapienza University of Rome, Viale Regina Elena 324, 00161 Rome, Italy
Biomed Res Int 2015:512027. 2015..The newly identified pathway HMGB1/RAGE/miR221/222 may represent an effective way of tumor escape from immune surveillance that could be used to develop new therapeutic strategies against anaplastic tumors. ..
- MiR-222 promotes drug-resistance of breast cancer cells to adriamycin via modulation of PTEN/Akt/FOXO1 pathwayHongyu Shen
The Fourth Clinical School of Nanjing Medical University, Baiziting 42, Nanjing 210009, Jiangsu, China Department of General Surgery, Jiangsu Cancer Hospital Affiliated to Nanjing Medical University, Baiziting 42, Nanjing 210009, Jiangsu, China
Gene 596:110-118. 2017..The aim of this study was to explore the possible mechanism by which miR-222 affects sensitivity to ADR...
- High levels of apoptosis are induced in human glioma cell lines by co-administration of peptide nucleic acids targeting miR-221 and miR-222Eleonora Brognara
Department of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Int J Oncol 48:1029-38. 2016..In addition, co-administration of R8-PNA-a221 and R8-PNA-a222 induced apoptosis of TMZ-treated T98G cells at a level higher than that obtained following singular administration of R8-PNA-a221 or R8-PNA-a222...
- Correlations between the expression levels of micro-RNA146b, 221, 222 and p27Kip1 protein mRNA and the clinicopathologic parameters in papillary thyroid cancersF Acibucu
Cumhuriyet University, Endocrinology, Sivas, Turkey
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 122:137-43. 2014..It has been shown that miRNA 221, 222 and 146b are increasingly expressed while p27(Kip1) is suppressed in papillary thyroid cancer (PTC)...
- miR-221/222 control luminal breast cancer tumor progression by regulating different targetsPatrizia Dentelli
Department of Medical Sciences University of Torino Torino, Italy
Cell Cycle 13:1811-26. 2014..Pre-miR-221/222 use in the aggressive luminal subtype may be a powerful therapeutic anti-cancer strategy. ..
- Exosomes from adriamycin-resistant breast cancer cells transmit drug resistance partly by delivering miR-222Dan Dan Yu
The First Clinical School of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Tumour Biol 37:3227-35. 2016..In conclusion, exosomes are effective in transmitting drug resistance and the delivery of miR-222 via exosomes may be a mechanism. ..
- Exosomes from drug-resistant breast cancer cells transmit chemoresistance by a horizontal transfer of microRNAsWei xian Chen
The Fourth Clinical School of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China Department of General Surgery, Nanjing Medical University Affiliated Cancer Hospital, Cancer Institute of Jiangsu Province, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
PLoS ONE 9:e95240. 2014..Our results suggest that drug-resistant breast cancer cells may spread resistance capacity to sensitive ones by releasing exosomes and that such effects could be partly attributed to the intercellular transfer of specific miRNAs. ..
- Characterization of serum microRNAs profile of PCOS and identification of novel non-invasive biomarkersWei Long
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nanjing Maternity and Child Health Care Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Cell Physiol Biochem 33:1304-15. 2014..Circulating miRNAs have recently been shown to serve as diagnostic/prognostic biomarkers in patients with cancers. Our current study focused on the altered expression of serum miRNAs and their correlation with PCOS...
- Hierarchical paracrine interaction of breast cancer associated fibroblasts with cancer cells via hMAPK-microRNAs to drive ER-negative breast cancer phenotypeSanket H Shah
a Cancer Biology University of Miami Miami, FL USA
Cancer Biol Ther 16:1671-81. 2015..Collectively, our results demonstrate that CAF-secreted microRNAs are directly involved in ER-repression, and may contribute to the MAPK-induced ER repression in breast cancer cells...
- Tumor suppressor micro RNA miR-145 and onco micro RNAs miR-21 and miR-222 expressions are differentially modulated by hepatitis B virus X protein in malignant hepatocytesManikankana Bandopadhyay
ICMR Virus Unit, Kolkata, GB 4, 1st Floor, ID and BG Hospital Campus, 57, Dr, S C Banerjee Road, Beliaghata, Kolkata West Bengal, 700010, India
BMC Cancer 14:721. 2014..Alterations in miRNA expressions are frequently noted in HCC. This study is aimed to examine the role of HBx protein in the modulation of oncogenic miRNA-21, miRNA-222 and tumor suppressor miRNA-145 in malignant hepatocytes...
- Effects of microRNA-221/222 on cell proliferation and apoptosis in prostate cancer cellsLina Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical School of Shandong University, Jinan 250012, Shandong, China Jinan Infectious Disease Hospital, Jinan 250012, Shandong, China
Gene 572:252-8. 2015..To investigate the role of miR-221/222 in cell proliferation and apoptosis in human prostate cancer cells, and examine the effects of miR-221/222 on caspase-10 expression...
- β-elemene reverses chemoresistance of breast cancer via regulating MDR-related microRNA expressionJun Zhang
Department of General Surgery, Nanjing Medical University Affiliated Cancer Hospital, Cancer Institute of Jiangsu Province, Nanjing, China
Cell Physiol Biochem 34:2027-37. 2014....
- Endothelial microparticles reduce ICAM-1 expression in a microRNA-222-dependent mechanismFelix Jansen
Department of Internal Medicine II, University Hospital Bonn, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms University, Bonn, Germany
J Cell Mol Med 19:2202-14. 2015..In pathological hyperglycaemic conditions, EMP-mediated miR-222-dependent anti-inflammatory effects are reduced. ..
- Overexpression of primary microRNA 221/222 in acute myeloid leukemiaAnna Rommer
Department of Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
BMC Cancer 13:364. 2013..In this context, leukemia-associated misexpression of microRNAs (miRNAs) has been studied, but no coherent picture has emerged yet, thus warranting further investigations...
- miRConnect 2.0: identification of oncogenic, antagonistic miRNA families in three human cancersYoujia Hua
Feinberg School of Medicine, Division Hematology Oncology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
BMC Genomics 14:179. 2013..We recently developed a method to connect miRNAs to biological function by comparing miRNA and gene array expression data from the NCI60 cell lines without using miRNA target predictions (miRConnect)...
- Downregulation of miR-221/222 sensitizes glioma cells to temozolomide by regulating apoptosis independently of p53 statusLingchao Chen
Department of Neurosurgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150086, PR China
Oncol Rep 27:854-60. 2012..Taken together, our study indicates that downregulated miR-221/222 can sensitize glioma cells to TMZ by regulating apoptosis independently of p53 status...
- MicroRNA-222 promotes tumorigenesis via targeting DKK2 and activating the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathwayQifeng Li
Department of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University, School of Medicine, Shanghai 200092, PR China
FEBS Lett 587:1742-8. 2013..Taken together, our findings reveal a new regulatory mechanism of miR-222 and suggest that miR-222 might be a potential target in glioma therapy...
- MicroRNA profiling reveals aberrant microRNA expression in adult ETP-ALL and functional studies implicate a role for miR-222 in acute leukemiaEbru Coskun
Hematology and Oncology, Charite, University Hospital Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Leuk Res 37:647-56. 2013..Importantly, miR-222 may impact leukemogenesis by altering expression of the proto-oncogene ETS1 in acute leukemia...
- The abrogation of the HOXB7/PBX2 complex induces apoptosis in melanoma through the miR-221&222-c-FOS pathwayM Cristina Errico
Department of Hematology, Oncology, and Molecular Medicine, Istituto Superiore Sanita, Rome, Italy
Int J Cancer 133:879-92. 2013....
- miR-21, miR-221 and miR-222 expression and prostate cancer recurrence among obese and non-obese casesErnest K Amankwah
Department of Cancer Epidemiology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Asian J Androl 15:226-30. 2013..Future larger studies are warranted to confirm these initial findings and to elucidate the mechanisms involved...
- MicroRNA signature at the time of clinical HCV recurrence associates with aggressive fibrosis progression post-liver transplantationR C Gehrau
Transplant Division, Department of Surgery, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Am J Transplant 13:729-37. 2013..Seven microRNAs were successfully validated in the validation set using QPCR. We have identified a 9-microRNA signature able to identify early post-LT patients at high risk of severe HCVrec during long-term follow-up...
- HMGB1 induces the overexpression of miR-222 and miR-221 and increases growth and motility in papillary thyroid cancer cellsStefania Mardente
Department of Experimental Medicine, Sapienza University of Rome, I 00161 Rome, Italy
Oncol Rep 28:2285-9. 2012..The overexpression of oncogenic miR-221 and miR-222 caused by HMGB1 is associated with an increase in malignancy scores, namely cell growth and motility...
- High-mobility group A1 proteins enhance the expression of the oncogenic miR-222 in lung cancer cellsYunzhi Zhang
Department of Infectious Disease, Shanghai Public Health Clinical Center affiliated to Fudan University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Biochem 357:363-71. 2011..These results suggested that HMGA1 is a positive regulator of miR-222, and HMGA1 overexpression might contribute to dysregulation of Akt signaling in NSCLC...
- Urinary sediment ICAM-1 level in lupus nephritisJ Guan
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Lupus 21:1190-5. 2012....
- Adipocyte differentiation of human bone marrow-derived stromal cells is modulated by microRNA-155, microRNA-221, and microRNA-222Magne Skårn
Department of Tumor Biology, Oslo University Hospital, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Stem Cells Dev 21:873-83. 2012....
- Identification of microRNA-221/222 and microRNA-323-3p association with rheumatoid arthritis via predictions using the human tumour necrosis factor transgenic mouse modelIoannis Pandis
Biomedical Sciences Research Centre Alexander Fleming, Institute of Immunology, Vari 16672, Greece
Ann Rheum Dis 71:1716-23. 2012..To identify novel microRNA (miR) associations in synovial fibroblasts (SF), by performing miR expression profiling on cells isolated from the human tumour necrosis factor (TNF) transgenic mouse model (TghuTNF, Tg197) and patients biopsies...
- A panel of four miRNAs accurately differentiates malignant from benign indeterminate thyroid lesions on fine needle aspirationXavier M Keutgen
Division of Endocrine Surgery, Department of Surgery, Department of Pathology, Institute for Computational Biomedicine, NY 10021, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:2032-8. 2012..Hemi- or total thyroidectomy has, therefore, been routinely advocated for definitive diagnosis. In this study, we analyzed miRNA expression in indeterminate FNA samples and determined its prognostic effects on final pathologic diagnosis...
- Increased miR-222 in H. pylori-associated gastric cancer correlated with tumor progression by promoting cancer cell proliferation and targeting RECKNa Li
Department of Clinical Microbiology and Immunology, College of Medical Laboratory Science, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
FEBS Lett 586:722-8. 2012..Collectively, H. pylori may function as an initiator in the process of carcinogenesis by up-regulating miR-222, which further participates in the progression of cancer by promoting proliferation and inhibiting RECK...
- miR-130a targets MET and induces TRAIL-sensitivity in NSCLC by downregulating miR-221 and 222M Acunzo
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Oncogene 31:634-42. 2012..Moreover, we found that miR-130a reduced migratory capacity of NSCLC. A better understanding of MET-miR-221 and 222 axis regulation in drug resistance is the key in developing new strategies in NSCLC therapy...
- MicroRNA-221/222 upregulation indicates the activation of stellate cells and the progression of liver fibrosisTomohiro Ogawa
Department of Hepatology, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka City University, 1 4 3 Asahimachi, Abeno, Osaka, Japan
Gut 61:1600-9. 2012..MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are important in hepatic pathophysiology and the development of liver cancer...
- The altered expression of MiR-221/-222 and MiR-23b/-27b is associated with the development of human castration resistant prostate cancerTong Sun
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer, Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Prostate 72:1093-103. 2012....
- The expression and clinical significance of GTP-binding RAS-like 3 (ARHI) and microRNA 221 and 222 in prostate cancerD Lin
Urology Department, The First Affiliated Hospital of Suzhou University, Suzhou, China
J Int Med Res 39:1870-5. 2011..Whether ARHI and microRNA 221 and 222 could be considered as biomarkers for disease progression in prostate cancer requires further investigation...
- MicroRNAs and potential target interactions in psoriasisJohn R Zibert
Department of Dermato Allergology, Gentofte Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Niels Andersens Vej 65, 2900 Hellerup, Denmark
J Dermatol Sci 58:177-85. 2010..MicroRNAs are important in the pathogenesis of human diseases such as immunological disorders, as they regulate a broad range of biological processes...
- Mechanism of human Hb switching: a possible role of the kit receptor/miR 221-222 complexMarco Gabbianelli
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Molecular Medicine, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, 00161 Rome, Italy
Haematologica 95:1253-60. 2010..MicroRNAs (miRs) play a pivotal role in normal hematopoiesis: downmodulation of miR-221/222 stimulates human erythropoietic proliferation through upmodulation of the kit receptor...
- MicroRNA and proliferation control in chronic lymphocytic leukemia: functional relationship between miR-221/222 cluster and p27Michela Frenquelli
Department of Oncology, Unit and Laboratory of Lymphoid Malignancies, San Raffaele Scientific Institute and Universita Vita Salute San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Blood 115:3949-59. 2010..These data indicate that the miR-221/222 cluster modulates the expression of p27 protein in CLL cells and lead to suggest that miR-221/222 and p27 may represent a regulatory loop that helps maintaining CLL cells in a resting condition...
- Upregulation of mir-221 and mir-222 in atypical teratoid/rhabdoid tumors: potential therapeutic targetsSimone Treiger Sredni
Cancer Biology and Epigenomics Program, Children s Memorial Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, Feinberg School of Medicine, Children s Memorial Hospital, 2300 Children s Plaza, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Childs Nerv Syst 26:279-83. 2010..The aim of this study is to search for new therapeutic targets for atypical teratoid-rhabdoid tumors (ATRT)...
- [Up-regulation of p27(kip1) by miR-221/222 antisense oligonucleotides enhances the radiosensitivity of U251 glioblastoma]Chunzhi Zhang
Department of Neurosurgery, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital and Laboratory of Neuro Oncology, Tianjin Neurological Institute, Tianjin, 300052 P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 26:634-8. 2009..To study the radiation-sensitizing effect of up-regulating p27(kip1) expression by knocking down miR-221/222 in the U251 human glioblastoma cell line...
- Hematopoiesis-related microRNA expression in myelodysplastic syndromesAina Pons
Unit of Human Anatomy, Molecular Oncology Laboratory, School of Medicine, University of Barcelona, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Leuk Lymphoma 50:1854-9. 2009..miR-222 ( p = 0.0023) and miR-181a ( p = 0.014) expression was higher in AML than in MDS in both BM and PB. This study adds further evidence to the role of miRNAs in the pathogenesis of MDS and their transformation into AML...
- Significant inverse correlation of microRNA-150/MYB and microRNA-222/p27 in myelodysplastic syndromeKais Hussein
Institute of Pathology, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Leuk Res 34:328-34. 2010..We conclude that inhibition of proliferation via over-expressed miR-150 might contribute to myelodysplastic haematopoiesis in MDS-del(5q)...
- Hsa-miR-222 is involved in differentiation of endometrial stromal cells in vitroKun Qian
Reproductive Medicine Center, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, People s Republic of China
Endocrinology 150:4734-43. 2009....
- MicroRNA-221-222 regulate the cell cycle in mast cellsRamon J Mayoral
Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Bellinzona, Switzerland
J Immunol 182:433-45. 2009..Our study provides further insights on miR-221-222 transcriptional regulation as well as evidences that miR-221-222 regulate cell cycle checkpoints in mast cells in response to acute activation stimuli...
- A high-throughput candidate gene mutation screen in lymphoproliferative and myeloproliferative neoplasiasSebastian Kreil
Leuk Res 33:e168-9. 2009
- Oncogenic KRAS regulates miR-200c and miR-221/222 in a 3D-specific manner in colorectal cancer cellsToshiyuki Tsunoda
Department of Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Fukuoka University, 7 45 1 Nanakuma, Jonan ku, Fukuoka 814 0180, Japan
Anticancer Res 31:2453-9. 2011..Oncogenic KRAS plays several key roles in a three-dimensional (3D) colonic-crypt model. However, miRNA expression regulated by oncogenic KRAS in this model is still elusive...
- MiR-221 and MiR-222 alterations in sporadic ovarian carcinoma: Relationship to CDKN1B, CDKNIC and overall survivalKaitlyn Wurz
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195 6460, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:577-84. 2010..01). In contrast, CDKN1B expression was not associated with miR-221 or miR-222 expression. Neither somatic mutations nor methylation of the studied region explained the alterations in miR-221 and miR-222 expression in most carcinomas...
- MicroRNAs involvement in fludarabine refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemiaManuela Ferracin
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale e Diagnostica Università di Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Mol Cancer 9:123. 2010....
- miR-221/222 suppression protects against endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced apoptosis via p27(Kip1)- and MEK/ERK-mediated cell cycle regulationRongyang Dai
Department of Biochemistry of Luzhou Medical College, Luzhou 646000, Sichuan, China
Biol Chem 391:791-801. 2010..Our results suggest that suppression of miR-221/222 plays a crucial role in the protection against apoptosis induced by ER stress in HCC cells...
- A Pumilio-induced RNA structure switch in p27-3' UTR controls miR-221 and miR-222 accessibilityMartijn Kedde
Division of Gene Regulation, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nat Cell Biol 12:1014-20. 2010..We have therefore uncovered a novel RBP-induced structural switch modulating microRNA-mediated gene expression regulation...
- MicroRNA-dependent regulation of PTEN after arsenic trioxide treatment in bladder cancer cell line T24Yan Cao
Department of Urinary Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, 23 Youzheng Street, Harbin 150001 Heilongjiang, China
Tumour Biol 32:179-88. 2011..The synergy effect between miRNA-19a and arsenic trioxide that advocates targeting the mir-19a may represent a potential approach to enhance the efficacy and safety of ATO to treat bladder cancer by a decrease in dose...
- MicroRNA-221/222 confers breast cancer fulvestrant resistance by regulating multiple signaling pathwaysX Rao
Interdisciplinary Biochemistry Graduate Program, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, USA
Oncogene 30:1082-97. 2011....
- Down-regulation of microRNAs 222/221 in acute myelogenous leukemia with deranged core-binding factor subunitsMatteo Brioschi
Dipartimento di Biologia e Genetica per le Scienze Mediche, Facolta di Medicina, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
Neoplasia 12:866-76. 2010....
- Down-regulation of miR-221 and miR-222 correlates with pronounced Kit expression in gastrointestinal stromal tumorsMarita Koelz
Clinical Institute of Pathology, Medical University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Int J Oncol 38:503-11. 2011..Although miR-221/222 expression does not have an impact on diagnostics, it could be considered as a tool for future therapeutic strategies for GISTs, especially for tumors with secondary resistance to tyrosine kinase inhibitors...
- MicroRNA signature distinguishes the degree of aggressiveness of papillary thyroid carcinomaLinwah Yip
Department of Surgery, Section of Endocrine Surgery, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 18:2035-41. 2011..MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are dysregulated in various tumors types, and some of them serve as markers of poor prognosis. In this study, we evaluated miRNA expression as a marker of more aggressive behavior in PTC...
- [The role of mir-221/222 in inhibiting endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced human hepatocarcinoma cell apoptosis]You ping Liu
Department of Biochemistry, Luzhou Medical College, Luzhou Sichuan, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 19:191-5. 2011..To investigate the role of miR-221/222 in inhibiting endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced human hepatocarcinoma cells apoptosis...
- miR-221/222 targeting of trichorhinophalangeal 1 (TRPS1) promotes epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in breast cancerSusanna Stinson
Department of Molecular Diagnostics and Cancer Cell Biology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA, USA
Sci Signal 4:pt5. 2011..TRPS1 inhibited EMT by directly repressing expression of ZEB2 (Zinc finger E-box-binding homeobox 2). Therefore, miR-221/222 may contribute to the aggressive clinical behavior of basal-like breast cancers...
- Novel System to Study Telomere Dynamics in HemotopoiesisRuben Carrasco; Fiscal Year: 2005..He also holds a Ph.D. in Biochemistry. The research will be carried out in a cancer/aging biology laboratory within the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, an affiliate of the Harvard Medical School, under the mentorship of Dr. Ron DePinho. ..