Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR223
Description: microRNA 223
Alias: MIRN223, miRNA223, mir-223
- MicroRNA expression signatures accurately discriminate acute lymphoblastic leukemia from acute myeloid leukemiaShuangli Mi
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:19971-6. 2007....
- Caprin-1 is a novel microRNA-223 target for regulating the proliferation and invasion of human breast cancer cellsBo Gong
Shanghai Changning Maternity and Infant Health Hospital, No 773 Wuyi Road, Changning District, Shanghai 200051, PR China
Biomed Pharmacother 67:629-36. 2013..Our study also indicates that expression levels of miR-223 and Caprin-1 can be used to predict the state of cancer in breast cancer patient. ..
- microRNA-223 promotes the growth and invasion of glioblastoma cells by targeting tumor suppressor PAX6Bai sheng Huang
Department of Physiology, Xiangya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha 410078, P R China
Oncol Rep 30:2263-9. 2013..In conclusion, the present study supports miR-223 and PAX6 as novel therapeutic targets for glioblastoma. ..
- MicroRNA-223 controls susceptibility to tuberculosis by regulating lung neutrophil recruitmentAnca Dorhoi
J Clin Invest 123:4836-48. 2013..By regulating leukocyte chemotaxis via chemoattractants, miR-223 is critical for the control of TB and potentially other chronic inflammatory diseases...
- MiR-223/Ect2/p21 signaling regulates osteosarcoma cell cycle progression and proliferationJianli Xu
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Beijing Shijitan Hospital Affiliated to Capital Medical University, Beijing, PR China
Biomed Pharmacother 67:381-6. 2013..We concluded that miR-223 functions as a tumor suppresser in osteosarcoma and miR-223/Ect2/p21 signaling is an important pathway that regulates the osteosarcoma cell cycle progression and proliferaion...
- Circulating miR-17, miR-20a, miR-29c, and miR-223 combined as non-invasive biomarkers in nasopharyngeal carcinomaXi Zeng
Cancer Research Institute, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, P R China
PLoS ONE 7:e46367. 2012..MicroRNAs have been considered as a kind of potential novel biomarker for cancer detection due to their remarkable stability in the blood and the characteristics of their expression profile in many diseases...
- MicroRNA-223 regulates FOXO1 expression and cell proliferationLihui Wu
Department of Children s Health Care, Yu Ying Children s Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, PR China
FEBS Lett 586:1038-43. 2012..Proliferation of the cells was also greatly inhibited when miR-223 was over-expressed. Therein, our data suggest that miR-223 regulates FOXO1 expression and cell proliferation...
- Microvesicles secreted by macrophages shuttle invasion-potentiating microRNAs into breast cancer cellsMei Yang
Breast Tumor Center, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, PR China
Mol Cancer 10:117. 2011..Therefore, one alternative mechanism for the promotion of breast cancer cell invasion by TAMs may be through macrophage-secreted exosomes, which would deliver invasion-potentiating miRNAs to breast cancer cells...
- miRNA-223 promotes gastric cancer invasion and metastasis by targeting tumor suppressor EPB41L3Xiaohua Li
State Key Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Xijing Hospital of Digestive Diseases, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
Mol Cancer Res 9:824-33. 2011..These findings indicate a new regulatory mode, namely, specific miRNA, which is activated by its upstream transcription factor, could suppress its direct targets and lead to tumor invasion and metastasis...
- miR-223 regulates migration and invasion by targeting Artemin in human esophageal carcinomaShujun Li
Tianjin Key Laboratory of Lung Cancer Metastasis and Tumor Microenvironment, Tianjin Lung Cancer Institute, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, Tianjin 300054, PR China
J Biomed Sci 18:24. 2011..To develop potential therapy targeting ARTN, we studied the roles of miR-223 in the migration and invasion of human esophageal carcinoma...
- Circulating microRNAs, miR-21, miR-122, and miR-223, in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma or chronic hepatitisJian Xu
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Cancer Institute and Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Science and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Mol Carcinog 50:136-42. 2011..Our results indicate that serum miR-21, miR-122 and miR-223 are elevated in patients with HCC or chronic hepatitis and these miRNAs have strong potential to serve as novel biomarkers for liver injury but not specifically for HCC...
- miR-223 and miR-142 attenuate hematopoietic cell proliferation, and miR-223 positively regulates miR-142 through LMO2 isoforms and CEBP-βWei Sun
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, College of Medicine, Nankai University, Tianjin 300071, China
Cell Res 20:1158-69. 2010..These results reveal a novel miR-223--CEBP-β--LMO2--miR-142 regulatory pathway, which has pivotal functions in hematopoiesis...
- MicroRNA-223 regulates cyclin E activity by modulating expression of F-box and WD-40 domain protein 7Yanfei Xu
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 285:34439-46. 2010..Together, our data indicate that miR-223 regulates Fbw7 expression and provide the first evidence that activity of the SCF(Fbw7) ubiquitin ligase can be modulated directly by the microRNA pathway...
- E2A-positive gastric MALT lymphoma has weaker plasmacytoid infiltrates and stronger expression of the memory B-cell-associated miR-223: possible correlation with stage and treatment responseTing Yun Liu
Department of Pathology, National Taiwan University Hospital, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Mod Pathol 23:1507-17. 2010..A prospective study would be necessary to verify the association between E2A expression and a poor response to Helicobacter eradication therapy...
- Gene expression profiling identifies a subset of adult T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia with myeloid-like gene features and over-expression of miR-223Sabina Chiaretti
Division of Hematology, Department of Cellular Biotechnologies and Hematology, Sapienza University of Rome, Via Benevento 6, 00161 Rome, Italy
Haematologica 95:1114-21. 2010..To identify novel T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia entities, gene expression profiling was performed and clinico-biological features were studied...
- MicroRNA-223 regulates Glut4 expression and cardiomyocyte glucose metabolismHan Lu
MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London W12 0NN, UK
Cardiovasc Res 86:410-20. 2010..MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are important for cardiac function and tissue metabolism. The aim of the present study is to investigate the role(s) of miRNAs in the insulin-resistant heart...
- Cell-cycle regulator E2F1 and microRNA-223 comprise an autoregulatory negative feedback loop in acute myeloid leukemiaJohn A Pulikkan
Department of Internal Medicine IV Oncology and Hematology, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Germany
Blood 115:1768-78. 2010..Our study supports a molecular network involving miR-223, C/EBPalpha, and E2F1 as major components of the granulocyte differentiation program, which is deregulated in AML...
- Complexity of miR-223 regulation by CEBPA in human AMLMarianne Eyholzer
Institute of Medical Oncology, Inselspital, Bern University Hospital, University of Bern, Freiburgstrasse 10, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Leuk Res 34:672-6. 2010..Our results suggest that miR-223 suppression in AML is caused by impaired miR-223 upstream factors...
- miR-223 is overexpressed in T-lymphocytes of patients affected by rheumatoid arthritisValerio Fulci
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie Cellulari ed Ematologia, Sezione di Genetica Molecolare Sapienza Università di Roma, Roma, Italy
Hum Immunol 71:206-11. 2010..A deeper analysis of the biologic functions and effects of the expression of miR-223 in T-lymphocytes is needed to clarify the exact link between our observation and the disease...
- Serum miR-146a and miR-223 as potential new biomarkers for sepsisJia Feng Wang
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 394:184-8. 2010..Circulating microRNAs (miRNAs) are promising biomarkers for several diseases, but their correlation with sepsis is not totally clarified...
- Potential role of miR-9 and miR-223 in recurrent ovarian cancerAlexandros Laios
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Trinity College Dublin, Trinity Centre for Health Sciences, St, James s Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland
Mol Cancer 7:35. 2008..MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are small, noncoding RNAs that negatively regulate gene expression by binding to target mRNAs. miRNAs have not been comprehensively studied in recurrent ovarian cancer, yet an incurable disease...
- MicroRNA-223 is commonly repressed in hepatocellular carcinoma and potentiates expression of Stathmin1Queenie W L Wong
Department of Anatomical and Cellular Pathology at the Li Ka Shing Institute of Health Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, SAR Hong Kong, China
Gastroenterology 135:257-69. 2008..Recent studies have emphasized causative links between microRNA (miRNA) deregulations and cancer development. In hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), information on differentially expressed miRNA remained largely undefined...
- microRNA-29c and microRNA-223 down-regulation has in vivo significance in chronic lymphocytic leukemia and improves disease risk stratificationBasile Stamatopoulos
Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Blood 113:5237-45. 2009..69, P = .001). This score will help to identify, among the good and poor prognosis subgroups, patients who will need early therapy and thus will require a closer follow-up...
- Epigenetic silencing of the myelopoiesis regulator microRNA-223 by the AML1/ETO oncoproteinFrancesco Fazi
Department of Histology and Medical Embryology, University La Sapienza, Rome, 00161, Italy
Cancer Cell 12:457-66. 2007..Here, we identify an additional action for a leukemia fusion protein linking the epigenetic silencing of a microRNA locus to the differentiation block of leukemia...
- MiR-223-3p targeting SEPT6 promotes the biological behavior of prostate cancerYongbao Wei
Department of Urology, The Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410011, China
Sci Rep 4:7546. 2014..Notably, we found increasing SEPT6 expression might reverse the biological activity induced by miR-223-3p, which might be a potential therapeutic target for PCa. ..
- Expression of certain leukemia/lymphoma related microRNAs and its correlation with prognosis in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaKarolina Nemes
2nd Department of Pediatrics, Semmelweis University, Budapest, 1094, Tüzoltó u 7 9, Hungary
Pathol Oncol Res 21:597-604. 2015..Therefore, we suggest that overexpression of miR-128b and downregulation of miR-223 shows a significant correlation with treatment response and prognosis in childhood ALL...
- Association of plasma miR-223 and platelet reactivity in patients with coronary artery disease on dual antiplatelet therapy: A preliminary reportBernadeta Chyrchel
2nd Department of Cardiology, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Cracow, Poland
Platelets 26:593-7. 2015..On the contrary, more potent platelet inhibition associated mainly with newer P2Y12 antagonists appears to coincide with higher miR-223 relative to the subjects with attenuated responsiveness to DAPT...
- Myeloid-derived microRNAs, miR-223, miR27a, and miR-652, are dominant players in myeloid regulationAnna B Gilicze
Department of Genetics, Cell and Immunobiology, Semmelweis University, Nagyvarad ter 4, Budapest 1089, Hungary
Biomed Res Int 2014:870267. 2014..We review functions of these three miRNAs and other myeloid miRNAs focusing on their roles in monocytes, neutrophils, eosinophils, basophils and mast cells. ..
- The sensitivity of gastric cancer to trastuzumab is regulated by the miR-223/FBXW7 pathwayKojiro Eto
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Japan, 1 1 1 Honjo, Chuo Ku, Kumamoto, 860 0811, Japan
Int J Cancer 136:1537-45. 2015..These findings suggest that this pathway can be crucial for the mechanism of trastuzumab resistance in GC, which may lead to the development of individualized treatment in clinical practice. ..
- MicroRNA-223 functions as an oncogene in human colorectal cancer cellsJufeng Zhang
School of Life Science and Biopharmaceutics, Guangdong Pharmaceutical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510006, P R China
Oncol Rep 32:115-20. 2014..miR-223 functions as an oncomiR in CRC, therefore serving as a potential diagnostic and therapeutic target for the treatment of CRC...
- Increased miR-223 expression in T cells from patients with rheumatoid arthritis leads to decreased insulin-like growth factor-1-mediated interleukin-10 productionM C Lu
Division of Allergy, Immunology, and Rheumatology, Dalin Tzu Chi Hospital, Buddhist Tzu Chi Medical Foundation, Chiayi, Taiwan School of Medicine, Tzu Chi University, Hualien, Taiwan
Clin Exp Immunol 177:641-51. 2014..Functionally, the increased miR-223 expression could impair the IGF-1-mediated IL-10 production in activated RA T cells in vivo, which might contribute to the imbalance between proinflammatory and anti-inflammatory cytokines. ..
- Notch and NF-kB signaling pathways regulate miR-223/FBXW7 axis in T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemiaV Kumar
Laboratory of Molecular Pathology, Department of Molecular Medicine, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Leukemia 28:2324-35. 2014..Finally, we show that miR-223 inhibition prevents T-ALL resistance to γ-secretase inhibitor (GSI) treatment, suggesting that miR-223 could be involved in GSI sensitivity and its inhibition may be exploited in target therapy protocols. ..
- The downregulation of PRDM1/Blimp-1 is associated with aberrant expression of miR-223 in extranodal NK/T-cell lymphoma, nasal typeLi Liang
Department of Pathology, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 33:7. 2014..The aim of the present study was to investigate the expression of PRDM1 in EN-NK/T-NT and analyse its downregulation by miRNAs...
- Sulfatide epigenetically regulates miR-223 and promotes the migration of human hepatocellular carcinoma cellsYi Wei Dong
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Key lab of Glycoconjugate Research, Ministry of Public Health, Shanghai, China
J Hepatol 60:792-801. 2014..The biological relevance and regulation mechanism of aberrant miR-223 expression in human hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) remain unknown. Our aim was to investigate miR-223 regulation in HCC...
- miR-223 regulates cell growth and targets proto-oncogenes in mycosis fungoides/cutaneous T-cell lymphomaLaura Y McGirt
Department of Medicine Dermatology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Invest Dermatol 134:1101-7. 2014..Thus, miR-223 and its targets may be useful for the development of new therapeutics for MF/CTCL. ..
- Association of tumor and plasma microRNA expression with tumor monosomy-3 in patients with uveal melanomaPierre L Triozzi
Taussig Cancer Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH USA Wake Forest School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157 USA
Clin Epigenetics 8:80. 2016..The role of epigenetic events mediated by microRNA (miR) is less clear. Tumor and plasma miR expression was examined in patients with primary uveal melanoma with tumor monosomy-3, a predictor of metastasis...
- Malignant potential in pancreatic neoplasm; new insights provided by circulating miR-223 in plasmaShuhei Komatsu
Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Division of Digestive Surgery, Department of Surgery, 465 Kajii cho, Kawaramachihirokoji, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto, Japan 81 75 251 5527 81 75 251 5522
Expert Opin Biol Ther 15:773-85. 2015..Recent studies have identified that microRNAs are stably detectable in plasma/serum because of their binding to specific proteins or being packaged in secretory vesicles...
- Loss of miR-223 and JNK Signaling Contribute to Elevated Stathmin in Malignant Pleural MesotheliomaKimberly A Birnie
Institute for Respiratory Health and Centre for Asthma, Allergy and Respiratory Research, School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research, Nedlands, Western Australia, Australia
Mol Cancer Res 13:1106-18. 2015..Finally, miR-223 levels increased while STMN1 was reduced following the re-expression of the JNK isoforms in JNK-null murine embryonic fibroblasts, and STMN1 was reduced in MPM cell lines following the activation of JNK signaling...
- miR-223 reverses experimental pulmonary arterial hypertensionJolyane Meloche
Pulmonary Hypertension and Vascular Biology Research Group from the Quebec Heart and Lung Institute, Department of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada and
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 309:C363-72. 2015..We provide evidence that miR-223 downregulation in PAH plays an important role in numerous pathways implicated in the disease and restoring its expression is able to reverse PAH. ..
- The Emerging Role of miR-223 in Platelet Reactivity: Implications in Antiplatelet TherapyRui Shi
Tianjin Key Laboratory of Cardiovascular Remodeling and Target Organ Injury, Institute of Cardiovascular Disease and Heart Center, Pingjin Hospital, Logistics University of the Chinese People s Armed Police Forces, 220 Cheng Lin Road, Tianjin 300162, China
Biomed Res Int 2015:981841. 2015..These lines of evidence indicate that miR-223 may serve as a potential regulatory target for HTPR, as well as a diagnostic tool for identification of HTPR in clinical settings. ..
- miR-223 enhances the sensitivity of non-small cell lung cancer cells to erlotinib by targeting the insulin-like growth factor-1 receptorFeng Yi Zhao
Cancer Institute of PLA, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400037, P R China
Int J Mol Med 38:183-91. 2016..The overexpression of miR‑223 may partially reverse the acquired resistance to epidermal growth factor receptor-TKIs, thus, providing a potential therapeutic strategy for TKI-resistant NSCLC. ..
- Prediction of response to preoperative chemoradiotherapy and establishment of individualized therapy in advanced rectal cancerToshihiro Nakao
Department of Surgery, Tokushima University, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan
Oncol Rep 34:1961-7. 2015..The present study identified several genes likely to be useful for establishing individualized therapies for patients with rectal cancer...
- Tumor-suppressive microRNA-223 inhibits cancer cell migration and invasion by targeting ITGA3/ITGB1 signaling in prostate cancerAkira Kurozumi
Department of Functional Genomics, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
Cancer Sci 107:84-94. 2016..Elucidation of the molecular pathways modulated by tumor-suppressive miRNAs provides insights into the mechanisms of PCa progression and metastasis. ..
- Inhibiting inducible miR-223 further reduces viable cells in human cancer cell lines MCF-7 and PC3 treated by celastrolLu Cao
Department of Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics, Postgraduate Education College, Ningxia Medical University, Yinchuan, 750004, China
BMC Cancer 15:873. 2015..Celastrol is a novel anti-tumor agent. Ways to further enhance this effect of celastrol has attracted much research attention...
- MiR-223 inhibited cell metastasis of human cervical cancer by modulating epithelial-mesenchymal transitionYaling Tang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Zhujiang Hospital, Southern Medical University Guangzhou 510282, People s Republic of China Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Xiamen University Xiamen 361003, People s Republic of China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 8:11224-9. 2015..In conclusion, miR-223 inhibited cell metastasis of human cervical cancer by modulating epithelial-mesenchymal transition. ..
- Serum miR-30e and miR-223 as Novel Noninvasive Biomarkers for Hepatocellular CarcinomaSourav Bhattacharya
Department of Pathology, Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri
Am J Pathol 186:242-7. 2016..Taken together, our results suggested that serum miR-30e and miR-223 are useful biomarkers of HCC, irrespective of etiology, and deserve further study for their diagnostic value. ..
- MicroRNA-223 and microRNA-92a in stool and plasma samples act as complementary biomarkers to increase colorectal cancer detectionPi Yueh Chang
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital at Linkou, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Oncotarget 7:10663-75. 2016..8% and the specificity of 75% for CRC (AUC = 0.907). These results allowed us to establish a two-miRNA biosignature in two types of CRC clinical specimens with a high sensitivity for CRC detection. ..
- miR-223 reverses the resistance of EGFR-TKIs through IGF1R/PI3K/Akt signaling pathwayJing Han
Cancer Institute of PLA, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400037, P R China
Int J Oncol 48:1855-67. 2016....
- Expression of miR-146a, miR-155, and miR-223 in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded synovial tissues of patients with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritisMark Kriegsmann
Institute of Pathology, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 224, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Virchows Arch 469:93-100. 2016..The usefulness of these miRs for the differential diagnosis of early phases of RA against OA remains to be investigated. ..
- Downregulated serum miR-223 servers as biomarker in Alzheimer's diseaseLi Hua Jia
Department of Neurology, Liaocheng People s Hospital, Medical School of Liaocheng, Taishan Medical University, Liaocheng, Shandong, China
Cell Biochem Funct 34:233-7. 2016..879) than either miRNA alone. Our preliminary findings indicate that serum miR-223 might be a potential biomarker for AD evaluation. Copyright © 2016 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Antioxidants inhibit advanced glycosylation end-product-induced apoptosis by downregulation of miR-223 in human adipose tissue-derived stem cellsZhe Wang
Department of Blood Transfusion, Shengjing Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang 110004, China
Sci Rep 6:23021. 2016..miR-223 acted by targeting fibroblast growth factor receptor 2. These results indicate that NAC and AAP suppress AGE-HSA-induced apoptosis of ADSCs, possibly through downregulation of miR-223. ..
- Association of circulating miR-223 and miR-16 with disease activity in patients with early rheumatoid arthritisMaria Filková
Centre of Experimental Rheumatology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Ann Rheum Dis 73:1898-904. 2014..miRNAs have features of potential biomarkers, and an altered expression of miRNAs was shown in established rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Incubation of whole blood at room temperature does not alter the plasma concentrations of microRNA-16 and -223Eric A Benson
Indiana University School of Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Indianapolis, Indiana
Drug Metab Dispos 41:1778-81. 2013..42 to 7.9% for miR-16 and 1.7 to 8.3% for miR-223, indicating that these miRNAs have limited interday variability. We conclude that plasma miR-16 or miR-223 concentrations are stable in whole blood at room temperature for up to 12 hours. ..
- Gain-of-function mutant p53 downregulates miR-223 contributing to chemoresistance of cultured tumor cellsS Masciarelli
Translational Oncogenomic Unit, Regina Elena National Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Oncogene 33:1601-8. 2014..On the basis of these findings, we propose that one of the pathways affected by mutant p53 to increase cellular resistance to chemotherapeutic agents involves miR-223 downregulation and the consequent upregulation of STMN-1. ..
- MiR-223 modulates multidrug resistance via downregulation of ABCB1 in hepatocellular carcinoma cellsTao Yang
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, The First Hospital of Shangjiazhuang City, Shijiazhuang City, HeBei Province 050011, China
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 238:1024-32. 2013....
- The miR-223/nuclear factor I-A axis regulates glial precursor proliferation and tumorigenesis in the CNSStacey M Glasgow
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Neurosci 33:13560-8. 2013..These studies represent the first characterization of miR-223/NFIA axis function in glioma and demonstrate that it is a conserved proliferative mechanism across CNS development and tumorigenesis. ..
- MicroRNA profiling can classify acute leukemias of ambiguous lineage as either acute myeloid leukemia or acute lymphoid leukemiaDavid C de Leeuw
Department of Hematology, VU University Medical Center, Cancer Center Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 19:2187-96. 2013..The lack of clear classification of acute leukemias of ambiguous lineage as either AML or ALL is a hurdle in treatment choice for these patients...
- Human miR223 promoter as a novel myelo-specific promoter for chronic granulomatous disease gene therapyChristian Brendel
Biomedical Research Institute Georg Speyer Haus, 60596 Frankfurt, Germany
Hum Gene Ther Methods 24:151-9. 2013..In this context, we analyzed the myelospecificity of the human miR223 promoter, which is known to be strongly upregulated during myeloid differentiation, to drive myeloid-restricted ..
- The TAL1 complex targets the FBXW7 tumor suppressor by activating miR-223 in human T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemiaMarc R Mansour
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02216, USA
J Exp Med 210:1545-57. 2013..We conclude that TAL1-mediated up-regulation of miR-223 promotes the malignant phenotype in T-ALL through repression of the FBXW7 tumor suppressor. ..
- Changes in microRNA expression in peripheral mononuclear cells according to the progression of osteoarthritisAtsushi Okuhara
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 22:446-57. 2012..This evidence could lead to the elucidation of the mechanism underlying OA pathogenesis and hence to a novel therapeutic strategy for OA...
- MicroRNA-223 expression is uniformly down-regulated in B cell lymphoproliferative disorders and is associated with poor survival in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemiaKeshu Zhou
Institute of Hematology and Blood Disease Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Tianjin, China
Leuk Lymphoma 53:1155-61. 2012..In conclusion, miR-223 is uniformly down-regulated in B-LPDs and is a useful prognostic factor for patients with CLL...
- [The role of miR-223 in the acute rejection after kidney transplantation]Xiao You Liu
Department of Organ Transplantation, Zhujiang Hospital, Guangzhou, China
Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi 27:1121-3. 2011..To explore the role of miR-223 in the acute rejection after kidney transplantation...
- MicroRNA-223 functions as an oncogene in human gastric cancer by targeting FBXW7/hCdc4Jinhai Li
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, People s Republic of China
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 138:763-74. 2012..The aim of this study was (a) to determine the role of micro-223 (miR-223) in gastric cancer and (b) to elucidate its regulatory mechanism on the FBXW7/hCdc4 gene...
- Notch-mediated repression of miR-223 contributes to IGF1R regulation in T-ALLSamuel Gusscott
Terry Fox Laboratory, BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC V5Z 1L3, Canada
Leuk Res 36:905-11. 2012..We conclude that miR-223 contributes to IGF1R regulation, but may act in concert with other genes and/or microRNAs to alter T-ALL biology...
- Stathmin1 plays oncogenic role and is a target of microRNA-223 in gastric cancerWei Kang
Department of Anatomical and Cellular Pathology, State Key Laboratory in Oncology in South China, Sir Y K Pao Center for Cancer, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
PLoS ONE 7:e33919. 2012..Our findings supported an oncogenic role of STMN1 in gastric cancer. STMN1 might serve as a prognostic marker and a potential therapeutic target for gastric cancer...
- NLRP3 inflammasome activity is negatively controlled by miR-223Franz Bauernfeind
Unit for Clinical Biochemistry, Institute for Clinical Chemistry and Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital, University of Bonn, 53127 Bonn, Germany
J Immunol 189:4175-81. 2012..Therefore, given the tight transcriptional control of NLRP3 message itself, miR-223 functions as an important rheostat controlling NLRP3 inflammasome activity...
- [Expression of microRNA-223 and its clinicopathologic correlation in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma]Xiao Xiang Yao
Department of Pathology, Shanxi Tumor Hospital, Shanxi Medical University, Taiyuan 030013, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 41:366-70. 2012..To study the expression of miR-223 in diffuse large B cell lymphoma (DLBCL) with correlation of histoloigcal subtypes and clinical prognosis...
- Cutting edge: miR-223 and EBV miR-BART15 regulate the NLRP3 inflammasome and IL-1β productionMoritz Haneklaus
Inflammation Research Group and Immunology Research Centre, School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity Biomedical Sciences Institute, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 4, Ireland
J Immunol 189:3795-9. 2012..Therefore, we have identified both the first endogenous miRNA that limits NLRP3 inflammatory capacity during myeloid cell development and also a viral miRNA that takes advantage of this, limiting inflammation for its own purposes...
- Four serum microRNAs identified as diagnostic biomarkers of sepsisHui Juan Wang
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Hainan Branch of Chinese PLA General Hospital, Sanya, Hainan Province, China
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 73:850-4. 2012..Serum microRNAs (miRNAs) can be used as biomarkers for many kinds of diseases, and some are even better than current indicators. The aim of this study was to investigate a diagnostic role for serum miRNAs in sepsis patients...
- Inorganic phosphate accelerates the migration of vascular smooth muscle cells: evidence for the involvement of miR-223Ashraf Yusuf Rangrez
Inserm U1088, Amiens, France
PLoS ONE 7:e47807. 2012..We focused on the effect of Pi levels on human aortic vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs), with an emphasis on the role of microRNAs (miRNAs)...
- Macrophage microvesicles induce macrophage differentiation and miR-223 transferNoura Ismail
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Blood 121:984-95. 2013..Furthermore, we find that microvesicles induce the differentiation of macrophages. Thus, defining key components of this response may identify novel targets to regulate host defense and inflammation...
- Heat shock protein 90B1 plays an oncogenic role and is a target of microRNA-223 in human osteosarcomaGuodong Li
Department of Orthopaedics, Shanghai Tenth People s Hospital, Tongji University School of Medicine, 301 Yanchang Rd, Shanghai 200072, China
Cell Physiol Biochem 30:1481-90. 2012..To develop potential therapy targeting Heat shock protein 90B1 (Hsp90B1), we studied the roles of miR- 223 in the proliferation and apoptosis of human osteosarcoma...
- Regulation of cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator by microRNA-145, -223, and -494 is altered in ΔF508 cystic fibrosis airway epitheliumIrene K Oglesby
Respiratory Research Division, Department of Medicine, Education and Research Centre, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9, Ireland
J Immunol 190:3354-62. 2013..Defective CFTR function, Pseudomonas colonization, and inflammation may affect miRNA expression and contribute to the regulation of ΔF508 CFTR...
- MicroRNAs 185, 96, and 223 repress selective high-density lipoprotein cholesterol uptake through posttranscriptional inhibitionLi Wang
Institute of Medicinal Biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Mol Cell Biol 33:1956-64. 2013....
- MicroRNA expression profiles predictive of human renal allograft statusDany Anglicheau
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Medicine, New York Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:5330-5. 2009..Our studies, in addition to suggesting a cellular basis for the altered intragraft expression of miRNAs, propose that miRNA expression patterns may serve as biomarkers of human renal allograft status...
- MicroRNA 223-dependent expression of LMO2 regulates normal erythropoiesisNadia Felli
Dept of Hematology, Oncology and Molecular Medicine, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Haematologica 94:479-86. 2009..This study focused on the functional role of microRNA-223 (miR-223) on erythroid differentiation...
- Glucocorticoid-regulated microRNAs and mirtrons in acute lymphoblastic leukemiaJ Rainer
Tyrolean Cancer Research Institute, Innsbruck, Austria
Leukemia 23:746-52. 2009..Thus, the observed complex changes in miRNA/mirtron expression during GC treatment might contribute to the anti-leukemic GC effects in a cell context-dependent manner...
- Novel genetic variants in microRNA genes and familial breast cancerJie Shen
Department of Cancer Prevention and Control, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Int J Cancer 124:1178-82. 2009..Our findings suggest that functional genetic variants in miRNA genes can potentially alter the regulation of key breast cancer genes. Whether they confer genetic susceptibility to breast cancer remains to be determined...
- Differentiation stage-specific expression of microRNAs in B lymphocytes and diffuse large B-cell lymphomasRaquel Malumbres
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology and Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami, FL 33136, USA
Blood 113:3754-64. 2009..A 9-miRNA signature was identified that could precisely differentiate the 2 major subtypes of DLBCL. Finally, expression of some of the miRNAs in this signature is correlated with clinical outcome of uniformly treated DLBCL patients...
- MicroRNA-223 reversibly regulates erythroid and megakaryocytic differentiation of K562 cellsJin Yun Yuan
National Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, 5 Dong Dan San Tiao, Beijing, People s Republic of China
J Cell Mol Med 13:4551-9. 2009..These results indicate that LMO2 is a direct target of miR-223. Thus, our results suggest that miR-223 reversibly regulates erythroid and megakaryocytic differentiation of K562 cells via down-modulation of LMO2...