Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: p67phox
Description: neutrophil cytosolic factor 2
Alias: NCF-2, NOXA2, P67-PHOX, P67PHOX, neutrophil cytosol factor 2, 67 kDa neutrophil oxidase factor, NADPH oxidase activator 2, chronic granulomatous disease, autosomal 2, neutrophil NADPH oxidase factor 2, neutrophil cytosolic factor 2 (65kD, chronic granulomatous disease, autosomal 2)
Publications263 found, 100 shown here
- SHP1 protein-tyrosine phosphatase regulates HoxA10 DNA binding and transcriptional repression activity in undifferentiated myeloid cellsElizabeth A Eklund
Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 277:36878-88. 2002..Therefore, increased HoxA10 repression of myeloid gene transcription is a molecular mechanism for SHP1 inhibition of myeloid differentiation...
- Effects of sulfur amino acids on tyrosyl or serine/threonine phosphorylation and translocation of cytosolic compounds to cell membrane in stimulus-treated human neutrophilsHidehiro Abe
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Kochi Medical School, Nankoku, Kochi, Japan
Acta Med Okayama 63:339-48. 2009..enhanced fMLP-induced tyrosyl phosphorylation of proteins and the translocation of p47phox, p67phox, and rac to the cell membrane in a concentration-dependent manner...
- Transcriptional regulation of the p67phox gene: role of AP-1 in concert with myeloid-specific transcription factorsS L Li
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center and South Texas Veterans Health Care System, Audie L Murphy Division, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
J Biol Chem 276:39368-78. 2001..These data show that full p67(phox) promoter activity requires cooperation between myeloid-specific and nonmyeloid transcription factors, with AP-1 being the most critical for function...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate-dependent and -independent functions of p40phox in activation of the neutrophil NADPH oxidaseSarah A Bissonnette
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Biol Chem 283:2108-19. 2008..We present a model where p40(phox) translocates p67(phox) to the region of the cytochrome and subsequently switches the oxidase to an activated state dependent upon PtdIns(3)P and SH3 domain engagement...
- AP-1 is essential for p67(phox) promoter activityKatherine A Gauss
Department of Veterinary Molecular Biology, Montana State University, Bozeman
J Leukoc Biol 71:163-72. 2002..In support of this conclusion, mutagenesis of all three sites completely abrogated transcriptional activity...
- Assembly of the phagocyte NADPH oxidase: binding of Src homology 3 domains to proline-rich targetsT L Leto
Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:10650-4. 1994..We propose a model in which the oxidase complex assembles through a mechanism involving SH3 domains of both cytosolic proteins and cognate proline-rich targets in other oxidase components...
- Identification of a novel tumor necrosis factor alpha-responsive region in the NCF2 promoterKatherine A Gauss
Department of Veterinary Molecular Biology, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717, USA
J Leukoc Biol 77:267-78. 2005..assembly involves association of several membrane and cytosolic oxidase proteins, one of the cytosolic cofactors, p67phox, appears to play a more prominent role in final activation of the enzyme complex...
- Binding of pleomorphic adenoma gene-like 2 to the tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha-responsive region of the NCF2 promoter regulates p67(phox) expression and NADPH oxidase activityMary Cloud B Ammons
Department of Veterinary Molecular Biology, Montana State University, Bozeman, Montana 59717, USA
J Biol Chem 282:17941-52. 2007..These data clearly identify PLAGL2 as a novel regulator of NCF2 gene expression as well as NADPH oxidase activity and contribute to a greater understanding of the transcriptional regulation of NCF2...
- Binding of FAD to cytochrome b558 is facilitated during activation of the phagocyte NADPH oxidase, leading to superoxide productionShukichi Hashida
Department of Structural Biology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0812
J Biol Chem 279:26378-86. 2004....
- Diphenyleneiodonium suppresses apoptosis in cerulein-stimulated pancreatic acinar cellsJi Hoon Yu
Department of Pharmacology, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, College of Medicine, Yonsei University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 39:2063-75. 2007..Recently, we demonstrated that NADPH oxidase subunits Nox1, p27phox, p47phox, and p67phox are constitutively expressed in pancreatic acinar cells, which are activated by cerulein, a cholecystokinin ..
- Priming of the neutrophil NADPH oxidase activation: role of p47phox phosphorylation and NOX2 mobilization to the plasma membraneJamel El-Benna
INSERM, U773, CRB3, Paris 75018, France
Semin Immunopathol 30:279-89. 2008..proteins (p22phox and gp91phox/NOX2, which form the cytochrome b558), three cytosolic proteins (p47phox, p67phox, p40phox) and a GTPase (Rac1 or Rac2), which assemble at membrane sites upon cell activation...
- Ethanol augments PDGF-induced NADPH oxidase activity and proliferation in rat pancreatic stellate cellsRichard Hu
Department of Veterans Affairs University of California, Los Angeles Research Center for Alcoholic Liver and Pancreatic Diseases, Los Angeles, Calif 90073, USA
Pancreatology 7:332-40. 2007..The aims of this study were to determine the presence and role of the NADPH oxidase system in mediating alcohol effects on PaSCs with specific emphasis on proliferation...
- CK2 is a novel negative regulator of NADPH oxidase and a neuroprotectant in mice after cerebral ischemiaGab Seok Kim
Department of Neurosurgery, and Program in Neurosciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Neurosci 29:14779-89. 2009..This study suggests that CK2 can be a direct molecular target for modulation of NADPH oxidase activity after ischemic brain injury...
- Characteristics of NADPH oxidase genes (Nox2, p22, p47, and p67) and Nox4 gene expressed in blood cells of juvenile Ciona intestinalisYuuki Inoue
Laboratory of Fish Pathology, Department of Veterinary Medicine, College of Bioresource Sciences, Nihon University, Kameino 1866, Fujisawa, Kanagawa, 252 8510, Japan
Immunogenetics 57:520-34. 2005..of NADPH oxidase (Nox), we identified cDNA clones encoding Nox2, Nox4, p22 phagocyte oxidase (phox), p47phox, and p67phox in a chordate phylogenetically distant to the vertebrates, the sea squirt Ciona intestinalis...
- The phosphoinositide-binding protein p40phox activates the NADPH oxidase during FcgammaIIA receptor-induced phagocytosisChang Il Suh
Department of Pediatrics Hematology Oncology, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Riley Hospital for Children, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Exp Med 203:1915-25. 2006..Hence, this study identifies a role for p40(phox) and PI(3)P in coupling FcgammaR-mediated phagocytosis to activation of the NADPH oxidase...
- Expression and cellular localization of classic NADPH oxidase subunits in the spontaneously hypertensive rat kidneyTinatin Chabrashvili
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension and Center for Hypertension and Renal Disease Research, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007 2197, USA
Hypertension 39:269-74. 2002..01). The 10-week-old SHR contained more modest but significantly (P<0.05) greater protein for p67phox (SHR 0.54 +/- 0.02 versus WKY 0.46 +/- 0.02)...
- Noxa1 is a central component of the smooth muscle NADPH oxidase in miceRashmi K Ambasta
Institut für Kardiovaskuläre Physiologie, Klinikum der J W Goethe Universitat, Theodor Stern Kai 7, D 60596 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Free Radic Biol Med 41:193-201. 2006..and leukocytes but not VSMC from the aorta of the rat and the mouse express the classic NADPH oxidase activator p67phox. In mouse VSMC, however, the p67phox homologue Noxa1 was detected...
- New insights into the membrane topology of the phagocyte NADPH oxidase: characterization of an anti-gp91-phox conformational monoclonal antibodyYannick Campion
GREPI EA 2938, Lab Enzymologie DBPC, CHU Grenoble, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Biochimie 89:1145-58. 2007..Moreover, the antibody 13B6 may be conformationally sensitive and used as a probe for identifying the active NADPH oxidase complex in vivo...
- NADPH oxidase expression and production of superoxide by human corneal stromal cellsWILLIAM J O'BRIEN
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Mol Vis 15:2535-43. 2009..via nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH) oxidases, a family of protein complexes believed to be responsible for the localized and limited production of O(2) (.-) with regulatory activity...
- Pharmacological inhibition of neuronal NADPH oxidase protects against 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium (MPP+)-induced oxidative stress and apoptosis in mesencephalic dopaminergic neuronal cellsVellareddy Anantharam
Parkinson s Disorder Research Laboratory, Iowa Center for Advanced Neurotoxicology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011 1250, USA
Neurotoxicology 28:988-97. 2007..Here, we show that N27 neuronal cells express key NADPH oxidase subunits gp91phox and p67phox. We used structurally diverse NADPH oxidase inhibitors, aminoethyl-benzenesulfonylfluoride (AEBSF, 100-1000microM)..
- Prothrombin kringle-2-induced oxidative stress contributes to the death of cortical neurons in vivo and in vitro: role of microglial NADPH oxidaseSo Y Won
Brain Disease Research Center, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon 443 479, South Korea
J Neuroimmunol 214:83-92. 2009..Our results strongly suggest that pKr-2 as an endogenous compound participates in cortical neuron death through microglial NADPH oxidase-mediated oxidative stress...
- Small angle neutron scattering and gel filtration analyses of neutrophil NADPH oxidase cytosolic factors highlight the role of the C-terminal end of p47phox in the association with p40phoxS Grizot
Institut de Biologie Structurale, CEA CNRS UJF, UMR 5075, 41 rue Jules Horowitz, 38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France
Biochemistry 40:3127-33. 2001....
- A region N-terminal to the tandem SH3 domain of p47phox plays a crucial role in the activation of the phagocyte NADPH oxidaseMasahiko Taura
Department of Biochemistry, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Biochem J 419:329-38. 2009..Activation of the oxidase requires membrane translocation of the three cytosolic proteins p47phox, p67phox and the small GTPase Rac...
- p40(phox) is phosphorylated on threonine 154 and serine 315 during activation of the phagocyte NADPH oxidase. Implication of a protein kinase c-type kinase in the phosphorylation processA P Bouin
Laboratoire de Biochimie et de Biophysique des Systèmes Intégrés Unité Mixte de Recherche 314 CNRS, Departement de Biologie Moleculaire et Structurale, Grenoble Cedex 9, France
J Biol Chem 273:30097-103. 1998..Directed mutagenesis of all PKC consensus sites enable us to conclude that Thr154 and Ser315 in p40(phox) are phosphorylated during activation of the NADPH oxidase...
- Interleukin-8-induced priming of neutrophil oxidative burst requires sequential recruitment of NADPH oxidase components into lipid raftsCecile Guichard
Unité INSERM 683, Facultédemédecine Xavier BICHAT, BP 416, 75870 Paris Cedex 18, France
J Biol Chem 280:37021-32. 2005..Our findings indicate that IL-8-induced priming of the oxidative burst in response to fMLP involves a sequential assembly of the NADPH oxidase components in the lipid rafts of neutrophils...
- Downregulation of NADPH oxidase, antioxidant enzymes, and inflammatory markers in the heart of streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats by N-acetyl-L-cysteineZhixin Guo
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Div of Pharmacology and Toxicology, The Univ of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H1728-36. 2007..The protective effects of NAC on diabetic rat hearts may be attributable to its protection of hearts against oxidative damage induced by the increased NADPH oxidase and to its reduction in cardiac inflammatory mediators IL-6 and COX-2...
- p47phox Phox homology domain regulates plasma membrane but not phagosome neutrophil NADPH oxidase activationXing Jun Li
From the Department of Pediatrics Hematology Oncology, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Riley Hospital for Children, and
J Biol Chem 285:35169-79. 2010..This study defines a differential and agonist-dependent role of the p47(phox) PX domain for neutrophil NADPH oxidase activation...
- Thrombin-induced oxidative stress contributes to the death of hippocampal neurons: role of neuronal NADPH oxidaseKeun W Park
Brain Disease Research Center, Neuroscience Graduate Program, Division of Cell Transformation and Restoration, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, Korea
J Neurosci Res 86:1053-63. 2008....
- Nox activator 1: a potential target for modulation of vascular reactive oxygen species in atherosclerotic arteriesXi Lin Niu
McAllister Heart Institute, Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7005, USA
Circulation 121:549-59. 2010..Given the potential therapeutic importance of cell-specific inhibition of NADPH oxidase, we investigated the role of Nox activator 1 (NoxA1), a homolog of p67phox, in VSMC NADPH oxidase function and atherosclerosis.
- Molecular evolution of the reactive oxygen-generating NADPH oxidase (Nox/Duox) family of enzymesTsukasa Kawahara
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
BMC Evol Biol 7:109. 2007....
- NADPH oxidase contributes to renal damage and dysfunction in Dahl salt-sensitive hypertensionNiu Tian
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 295:R1858-65. 2008..By day 35 in the high-Na S rats, mRNA expression of renal cortical gp91phox, p22phox, p47phox, and p67phox NADPH subunits in S rats increased markedly, and treatment of high-Na S rats with the NADPH oxidase inhibitor ..
- Ethanol preconditioning protects against ischemia/reperfusion-induced brain damage: role of NADPH oxidase-derived ROSQun Wang
Department of Medical Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 43:1048-60. 2007..Our results further suggest the possibility that preconditioning with other pharmacological agents that induce a mild oxidative stress may have similar therapeutic value for suppressing stroke-mediated damage in brain...
- Protein kinase B (AKT) mediates phospholipase D activation via ERK1/2 and promotes respiratory burst parameters in formylpeptide-stimulated neutrophil-like HL-60 cellsSatyananda Patel
Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, CNRS UMR 8104, Paris, France
J Biol Chem 285:32055-63. 2010..A major primarily role of this AKT signaling pathway also emerges in membrane recruitment of NOX2 components p47(phox), p67(phox), and ERK, which may contribute to assembly and activation of the RB motor system, NADPH oxidase...
- Taurine chloramine inhibits functional responses of human eosinophils in vitroM Martinez-Losa
Departamento de Farmacologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Clin Exp Allergy 39:537-46. 2009..Eosinophils are prominent effectors of allergic inflammation. Taurine-chloramine (TauCl), a derivative of the amino acid taurine, shows antioxidant properties in different cell systems but its effects on eosinophils have not been reported...
- NAD(P)H oxidase-induced oxidative stress in sympathetic ganglia of apolipoprotein E deficient miceXiuying Ma
The Cardiovascular Center and Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Iowa, and the Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Iowa City, IA 52246, USA
Auton Neurosci 126:285-91. 2006..The mRNA expression of gp91phox, p22phox, p67phox, and p47phox subunits of NAD(P)H oxidase measured by real time RT-PCR was increased approximately 3-4 fold in ..
- Inhibition of superoxide anion generation by CHS-111 via blockade of the p21-activated kinase, protein kinase B/Akt and protein kinase C signaling pathways in rat neutrophilsLing Chu Chang
Institute of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung 403, Taiwan, ROC
Eur J Pharmacol 615:207-17. 2009..Taken together, these results suggest that CHS-111 inhibits fMLP-stimulated O(2)(-) generation in rat neutrophils through the blockade of PAK, Akt and PKC signaling pathways...
- P40phox associates with the neutrophil Triton X-100-insoluble cytoskeletal fraction and PMA-activated membrane skeleton: a comparative study with P67phox and P47phoxJ el Benna
INSERM U 479, CHU Faculté de Médecine Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
J Leukoc Biol 66:1014-20. 1999..It is composed of a membrane-bound cytochrome b, the cytosolic proteins p67phox, p47phox, p40phox, and the G-protein p21rac...
- Enhanced angiotensin II-mediated central sympathoexcitation in streptozotocin-induced diabetes: role of superoxide anionKaushik P Patel
Dept of Cellular and Integrative Physiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5850, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 300:R311-20. 2011..4 ± 0.7 vs. 27.7 ± 2.1%, n = 6, P < 0.05). These data support the concept that superoxide anion contributes to an enhanced ANG II-mediated signaling in the PVN involved with the exaggerated sympathoexcitation in diabetes...
- NAD(P)H oxidases in rat basilar arterial endothelial cellsTetsuro Ago
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Stroke 36:1040-6. 2005..We examined the expression of Nox homologues and their activation mechanism in the endothelial cells of the cerebral arteries...
- Reactive oxygen species as mediators of angiogenesis signaling: role of NAD(P)H oxidaseMasuko Ushio-Fukai
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 264:85-97. 2004..oxidase and EC express all the components of phagocytic NAD(P)H oxidase including gp91phox, p22phox, p47phox, p67phox and the small G protein Rac1...
- The S100A8/A9 protein as a partner for the cytosolic factors of NADPH oxidase activation in neutrophilsJacques Doussiere
Laboratoire de Biochimie et Biophysique des Systèmes Intégrés UMR 5092 CEA CNRS UJF, Departement Reponse et Dynamique Cellulaires, CEA Grenoble, 17 rue des Martyrs, 38054 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Eur J Biochem 269:3246-55. 2002..generating oxidase in neutrophils, namely the membrane-bound flavocytochrome b, by the cytosolic phox proteins p67phox, p47phox and Rac (Doussière J., Bouzidi F. and Vignais P.V. (2001) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun.285, 1317-1320)...
- AMPKalpha2 deletion causes aberrant expression and activation of NAD(P)H oxidase and consequent endothelial dysfunction in vivo: role of 26S proteasomesShuangxi Wang
Section of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Department of Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Circ Res 106:1117-28. 2010..Recent studies suggest that AMPK activation improves endothelial function by counteracting oxidative stress in endothelial cells. How AMPK suppresses oxidative stress remains to be established...
- Membrane proteinase 3 and its interactions within microdomains of neutrophil membranesRam Fridlich
The Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
J Cell Biochem 99:117-25. 2006..integrin CD11b/CD18 as well as the membrane and cytosolic subunits of the NADPH oxidase, p22phox and p47phox/p67phox. Treatment of neutrophils with phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase C (PI-PLC) reduced amounts of PR3 and ..
- A case-control study of rheumatoid arthritis identifies an associated single nucleotide polymorphism in the NCF4 gene, supporting a role for the NADPH-oxidase complex in autoimmunityLina M Olsson
Medical Inflammation Research, Lund University, BMC I11, 221 84, Lund, Sweden
Arthritis Res Ther 9:R98. 2007....
- Constitutively active SHP2 cooperates with HoxA10 overexpression to induce acute myeloid leukemiaHao Wang
The Feinberg School of Medicine and the Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 284:2549-67. 2009..cells, HoxA10 represses transcription of genes that encode phagocyte effector proteins such as gp91PHOX and p67PHOX. Tyrosine phosphorylation of HoxA10 during myelopoiesis decreases binding to these target genes...
- Curcumin protects pre-oligodendrocytes from activated microglia in vitro and in vivoLiu Fang He
Shanghai Institute for Pediatric Research, Xinhua Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, PR China
Brain Res 1339:60-9. 2010..loss of preOLs, decreased activated microglia, and inhibited microglial expression of iNOS and translocation of p67phox and gp91phox to the microglial cell membranes in neonatal rat brains following LPS injection...
- Mechanisms of NADPH oxidase activation: translocation of p40phox, Rac1 and Rac2 from the cytosol to the membranes in human neutrophils lacking p47phox or p67phoxS Dusi
Institute of General Pathology, University of Verona, Italy
Biochem J 314:409-12. 1996On neutrophil stimulation, the cytosolic components of NADPH oxidase, p67phox, p47phox, p40phox, as well as the Ras-related G-proteins Rac1 and Rac2, are translocated from the cytosol to cell membranes where they associate with a ..
- Diagnostic paradigm for evaluation of male patients with chronic granulomatous disease, based on the dihydrorhodamine 123 assayOrathai Jirapongsananuruk
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Warren G Magnuson Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Building 10, Room 2C 306, 10 Center Drive, MSC 1508, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 111:374-9. 2003..However, some male patients with X-CGD have DHR patterns that overlap the AR-CGD pattern...
- Curcumin dramatically enhances retinoic acid-induced superoxide generating activity via accumulation of p47-phox and p67-phox proteins in U937 cellsHidehiko Kikuchi
Department of Life Science, Frontier Science Research Center, University of Miyazaki, Kiyotake, Miyazaki 889 1692, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 395:61-5. 2010..Therefore, it should have the potential as an effective modifier in therapy of leukemia and/or as an immunopotentiator...
- A 68-kDa kinase and NADPH oxidase component p67phox are targets for Cdc42Hs and Rac1 in neutrophilsE Prigmore
Department of Neurochemistry, Institute of Neurology, London, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 270:10717-22. 1995..Rac1 also activates superoxide production by the components (cytochrome b, p40phox, p67phox, and p47phox) of the neutrophil oxidase...
- Phosphorylation induces conformational changes in the leukocyte NADPH oxidase subunit p47(phox)H S Park
College of Natural Sciences, Kyungpook National University, Taegu, 702 701, Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 259:38-42. 1999..In addition, the present study indicates that other oxidase components, such as p67(phox) and p22(phox), influence the conformation of p47(phox)...
- Identification of a splice variant mRNA of p40phox, an NADPH oxidase component of phagocytesT Hasebe
Department of Biochemistry, Juntendo University, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
FEBS Lett 455:257-61. 1999..protein lacked PC (Phox and Cdc24p) motif of p40phox, which is assumed to be important for the interaction with p67phox. In addition, Western blot analysis revealed that the variant protein was not detected in HL-60 cells and ..
- SOD-1 expression in pig coronary arterioles is increased by exercise trainingJ W Rush
Department of Veterinary Biomedical Sciences and Dalton Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 279:H2068-76. 2000..dependent dilation previously observed in EX porcine coronary arterioles by improving management of superoxide in the vascular cell environment, thus prolonging the biological half-life of NO...
- Superoxide production in the vasculature of lipopolysaccharide-treated rats and pigsDanesh Javesghani
Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Center, Royal Victoria Hospital and Meakins Christie Laboratories, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Shock 19:486-93. 2003..However, the behavior of NAD(P)H oxidase in NOSII-producing and nonproducing species differs with a reduction of O2- by NO in rats and NO-dependent production in pigs...
- H2O2 activates Nox4 through PLA2-dependent arachidonic acid production in adult cardiac fibroblastsJames T Colston
Janey Briscoe Center of Excellence in Cardiovascular Disease, Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, 78284, USA
FEBS Lett 579:2533-40. 2005..Western blotting demonstrate primary cardiac fibroblasts express transcripts and protein for Nox4, p22, p47, and p67 phox. Transfections with Nox4 small inhibitory ribonucleic acid oligonucleotides or p22 phox antisense ..
- Point mutations in the proline-rich region of p22phox are dominant inhibitors of Nox1- and Nox2-dependent reactive oxygen generationTsukasa Kawahara
Department of Pathology and Experimental Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 280:31859-69. 2005..Nox2, Nox3, Nox4, or Nox5) along with their corresponding regulatory subunits (NOXO1/NOXA1 for Nox1; p47phox/p67phox/Rac for Nox2; NOXO1 for Nox3; no subunits for Nox4 or Nox5) resulted in marked production of reactive oxygen...
- Phagocyte NADPH oxidase: a multicomponent enzyme essential for host defensesJamel El-Benna
Unité Inserm U479, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz) 53:199-206. 2005..This multicomponent enzyme system is composed of cytosolic proteins (p47phox, p67phox, p40phox, and rac1/2) and membrane proteins (p22phox and gp91phox, which form cytochrome b558) which assemble at ..
- Exercise training raises expression of the cytosolic components of NADPH oxidase in rat neutrophilsAdriana C Levada-Pires
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Eur J Appl Physiol 100:153-60. 2007..Therefore, moderate exercise might enable neutrophils to respond more efficiently when exposed to pathogens...
- Induction of hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha gene expression by vascular endothelial growth factorJuan José P Deudero
Laboratorio de Nefrologia Hipertension, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz Capio, Hospital de la Princesa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 283:11435-44. 2008..oxidase complex inhibitor, apocynin, transfection of a dominant negative Rac1 mutant, and transfection of a p67phox antisense oligonucleotide...
- Perinatal changes in superoxide generation in the ovine lung: Alterations associated with increased pulmonary blood flowShruti Sharma
Vascular Biology Center, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, United States
Vascul Pharmacol 53:38-52. 2010..Collectively, our findings suggest that NADPH oxidase and XO are major contributors to superoxide generation both during the normal development and during the development of pulmonary hypertension...
- Beneficial effects of angiotensin II receptor blocker, olmesartan, in limiting the cardiotoxic effect of daunorubicin in ratsWawaimuli Arozal
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Niigata University of Pharmacy and Applied Life Sciences, Niigata City, Japan
Free Radic Res 44:1369-77. 2010..metalloproteinase-2 expression, myocardial expression of Ang II, attenuated the increased protein expressions of p67phox and Nox4 and reduced oxidative stress-induced DNA damage evaluated by expression of 8-hydroxydeoxyguanosine...
- Infiltrating T lymphocytes in the kidney increase oxidative stress and participate in the development of hypertension and renal diseaseCarmen De Miguel
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 300:F734-42. 2011..These experiments indicate that blockade of infiltrating immune cells is associated with decreased oxidative stress, an attenuation of hypertension, and a reduction of renal damage in Dahl SS rats fed high salt...
- NADPH oxidase complex and IBD candidate gene studies: identification of a rare variant in NCF2 that results in reduced binding to RAC2Aleixo M Muise
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Department of Paediatrics, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Gut 61:1028-35. 2012..The aim of this study is to determine if polymorphisms in NOX2 NADPH oxidase complex genes that do not cause CGD are associated with the development of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)...
- NOX inhibitors as a therapeutic strategy for stroke and neurodegenerative diseaseBelinda Cairns
Takeda San Francisco, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Curr Drug Targets 13:199-206. 2012....
- NLRP1 and NLRP3 inflammasomes are essential for distinct outcomes of decreased cytokines but enhanced bacterial killing upon chronic Nod2 stimulationMatija Hedl
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 304:G583-96. 2013..bacterial killing requires upregulated reactive oxygen/nitrogen species pathway function through increased p67phox/p47phox/nitric oxide synthase-2 expression; selectively knocking down each of these genes reverses the enhanced ..
- Chronic granulomatous disease in Morocco: genetic, immunological, and clinical features of 12 patients from 10 kindredsLaila Ait Baba
Laboratory of Biology and Health URAC34 Metabolic and Immunologic pathology Research Team, Faculty of Science of Ben M sik, King Hassan II University, Casablanca, Morocco
J Clin Immunol 34:452-8. 2014..CGD patients are known to suffer from recurrent bacterial and/or fungal infections from the first year of life onwards. From 2009 to 2013, 12 cases of CGD were diagnosed in Morocco. We describe here these Moroccan cases of CGD...
- The guanine nucleotide exchange factor trio activates the phagocyte NADPH oxidase in the absence of GDP to GTP exchange on Rac. "The emperor's nw clothes"Natalia Sigal
Julius Friedrich Cohnheim Minerva Center for Phagocyte Research, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
J Biol Chem 278:4854-61. 2003....
- NAD(P)H oxidase-generated superoxide anion accounts for reduced control of myocardial O2 consumption by NO in old Fischer 344 ratsAlexandra Adler
Department of Physiology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 285:H1015-22. 2003..The expression of Mn SOD, Cu/Zn SOD, extracellular SOD, and p67phox, however, did not differ between 4- and 23-mo-old rats...
- Molecular recognition in dimerization between PB1 domainsYukiko Noda
Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:43516-24. 2003..g. the complexes between the phagocyte oxidase activators p67phox and p40phox and between the yeast polarity proteins Bem1p and Cdc24p...
- Expression of nonphagocytic NADPH oxidase system in the ocular lensPonugoti Vasantha Rao
Department of Ophthalmology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Mol Vis 10:112-21. 2004..The primary goal of this study was to characterize the Rac GTPase associated, NADPH oxidase-mediated Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS)-generating system in the lens tissue...
- NADPH oxidase-dependent acid production in airway epithelial cellsChristian Schwarzer
Children s Hospital Oakland Research Institute, 5700 Martin Luther King Jr Way, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
J Biol Chem 279:36454-61. 2004..These data suggest a role for an apically located Duox-based NADPH oxidase during intracellular H(+) production and H(+) secretion, but not in H(+) conduction...
- Effects of p47phox C terminus phosphorylations on binding interactions with p40phox and p67phox. Structural and functional comparison of p40phox and p67phox SH3 domainsClaire Massenet
Institut de Biologie Structurale, UMR 5075 CEA CNRS Université Joseph Fourier, Laboratoire des Proteines Membranaires, 41 Rue Jules Horowitz 38027 Grenoble cedex 1, France
J Biol Chem 280:13752-61. 2005..This reaction is activated by association of cytosolic factors, p47phox and p67phox, and a small G protein Rac with the membranous flavocytochrome b558...
- Flow-induced remodeling in resistance arteries from obese Zucker rats is associated with endothelial dysfunctionCeline Bouvet
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche U771, UMR Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique 6214, Universite d Angers, Angers, France
Hypertension 50:248-54. 2007..Superoxide anion and reduced nicotinamide-adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase subunit expression (p67phox and gp91phox) increased in obese rats and were higher in high-flow than in control arteries...
- Regulation of proliferation of skeletal muscle precursor cells by NADPH oxidaseMahroo Mofarrahi
Critical Care Division, Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Antioxid Redox Signal 10:559-74. 2008..We conclude that NADPH oxidase is expressed in skeletal muscle precursor cells and that its activity plays an important role in promoting proliferation of these cells...
- Hyaluronic acid targets CD44 and inhibits FcepsilonRI signaling involving PKCdelta, Rac1, ROS, and MAPK to exert anti-allergic effectYoungmi Kim
College of Natural Sciences, Kangwon National University, Chunchon 200 701, Republic of Korea
Mol Immunol 45:2537-47. 2008..In conclusion, hyaluronic acid exerts negative effect on allergic inflammation by targeting CD44 and inhibiting FcepsilonRI signaling...
- The use of interferon-gamma therapy in chronic granulomatous diseasePaolo R Errante
Department of Immunology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP 05508 900, Brazil
Recent Pat Antiinfect Drug Discov 3:225-30. 2008..The present article is an informative review of recent patents related to the use of interferon gamma therapy in chronic granulomatous disease...
- NADPH oxidases and reactive oxygen species at different stages of chronic hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertension in newborn pigletsKathleen E Dennis
Dept of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt Univ Medical Center, 2215 B Garland Ave, Nashville, TN 37232 0656, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 297:L596-607. 2009..Western blot analysis showed an increase in expression of NOX1 and the membrane fraction of p67phox. Expression of NOX4, SOD2, and catalase were unchanged, whereas expression of SOD1 was reduced, in arteries from ..
- Dominant-negative p38alpha mitogen-activated protein kinase prevents cardiac apoptosis and remodeling after streptozotocin-induced diabetes mellitusRajarajan A Thandavarayan
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Niigata University of Pharmacy and Applied Life Sciences, 265 1 Higashijima Akiha ku, Niigata 956 8603, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 297:H911-9. 2009..In conclusion, our data establish that p38alpha MAPK activity is required for cardiac remodeling after diabetes induction and suggest that p38alpha MAPK may promote cardiomyocyte apoptosis by downregulation of Bcl-X(L)...
- Apocynin attenuates pressure overload-induced cardiac hypertrophy in rats by reducing levels of reactive oxygen speciesJinjun Liu
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, School of Medicine, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710061, Shaanxi, China
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 88:745-52. 2010..Cap, but not Apo, decreased Ang II levels and inhibited expression of p22phox and p67phox in LVs...
- Phagocyte-like NADPH oxidase promotes cytokine-induced mitochondrial dysfunction in pancreatic β-cells: evidence for regulation by Rac1Wasanthi Subasinghe
Dept of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Wayne State University, John D Dingell VA Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 300:R12-20. 2011..Together, these findings suggested that Rac1-mediated regulation of phagocyte-like NADPH oxidase contributes to cytokine-mediated mitochondrial dysfunction in the β-cell...
- Synthesis and biological evaluations of novel apocynin analoguesXiaoyu Lu
Institute of New Drug Research, College of Pharmacy, Jinan University, Guangzhou 510632, China
Eur J Med Chem 46:2691-8. 2011..Our results demonstrate that arming apocynin with a powerful antioxidant such as lipoic acid is a valid strategy to design new apocynin analogues with enhanced biological activity...
- NADPH oxidase activation is required in reactive oxygen species generation and cell transformation induced by hexavalent chromiumXin Wang
Graduate Center for Toxicology, 1095 V A Drive, 306 Health Sciences Research Building, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Toxicol Sci 123:399-410. 2011..Our results suggest that NOX plays an important role in Cr(VI)-induced ROS generation and carcinogenesis...
- Attenuation of brain damage and cognitive impairment by direct renin inhibition in mice with chronic cerebral hypoperfusionYi Fei Dong
Department of Pharmacology and Molecular Therapeutics, Kumamoto University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto, Japan
Hypertension 58:635-42. 2011..Thus, direct renin inhibition seems to be a promising therapeutic strategy for subcortical vascular dementia...
- Stable accumulation of p67phox at the phagosomal membrane and ROS production within the phagosomeAsma Tlili
University Paris Sud, Orsay, France
J Leukoc Biol 91:83-95. 2012..These data support the critical role of p67(phox) for ROS production on the level of individual phagosomes...
- NOX2 activated by α1-adrenoceptors modulates hepatic metabolic routes stimulated by β-adrenoceptorsAntonio Diaz-Cruz
Department of Animal Nutrition and Biochemistry, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Zootechnics, National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico
Free Radic Res 45:1366-78. 2011....
- Effects of different post-match recovery interventions on subsequent athlete hormonal state and game performanceBlair T Crewther
Hamlyn Centre, Imperial College, London, UK
Physiol Behav 106:471-5. 2012..These data are applicable to generalised human stress responses and their modifiability by prior exposure to a stressor...
- Strategies for identifying synthetic peptides to act as inhibitors of NADPH oxidases, or "all that you did and did not want to know about Nox inhibitory peptides"Iris Dahan
The Julius Friedrich Cohnheim Laboratory of Phagocyte Research, Department of Clinical Microbiology and Immunology, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Cell Mol Life Sci 69:2283-305. 2012..The greatest challenge remains the discovery of peptide inhibitors acting specifically on individual Nox isoforms...
- TG-interacting factor-induced superoxide production from NADPH oxidase contributes to the migration/invasion of urothelial carcinomaHuei Sheng Huang
Department of Medical Laboratory Science and Biotechnology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 701, Taiwan
Free Radic Biol Med 53:769-78. 2012....
- Molecular analysis of four cases of chronic granulomatous disease caused by defects in NCF-2: the gene encoding the p67-phoxMohsen Badalzadeh
Immunology, Asthma and Allergy Research Institute, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol 11:340-4. 2012..Although a gross deletion in other exons of NCF2 has been previously reported, a large deletion encompassing exon 2 has been not reported yet. This abstract was also presented in ESID 2012, Florence, Italy...
- Emerging role of oxidative stress in metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular diseases: important role of Rac/NADPH oxidaseMohammad T Elnakish
Dorothy M Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Columbus, OH, USA Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Columbus, OH, USA
J Pathol 231:290-300. 2013..cytochrome b-558, which is a heterodimer of gp91phox and p22phox, cytosolic regulatory subunits p47phox and p67phox, and the small GTP-binding protein Rac1...
- Allelic heterogeneity in NCF2 associated with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) susceptibility across four ethnic populationsXana Kim-Howard
Arthritis and Clinical Immunology Research Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Hum Mol Genet 23:1656-68. 2014....
- NADPH oxidase 2-dependent oxidative stress, mitochondrial damage and apoptosis in the ventral cochlear nucleus of D-galactose-induced aging ratsZ Du
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Nanshan Affiliated Hospital of Guangdong Medical College, 89 Taoyuan road, Nanshan District, Shenzhen 518052, China
Neuroscience 286:281-92. 2015..This study also provides new insights into the development of presbycusis...
- Enalapril Alone or Co-Administered with Losartan Rescues Cerebrovascular Dysfunction, but not Mnemonic Deficits or Amyloidosis in a Mouse Model of Alzheimer's DiseaseBrice Ongali
Laboratory of Cerebrovascular Research, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Alzheimers Dis 51:1183-95. 2016..protein levels of oxidative stress markers (superoxide dismutases SOD1, SOD2 and the NADPH oxidase subunit p67phox), amyloid-β (Aβ) pathology, astrogliosis, cholinergic innervation, AT1R and angiotensin IV receptor (AT4R) ..
- RhoA and Rac1 GTPases Differentially Regulate Agonist-Receptor Mediated Reactive Oxygen Species Generation in PlateletsHuzoor Akbar
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, Ohio University, Athens, OH, 45701, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0163227. 2016..Addition of Y27632, a RhoA inhibitor, NSC23766 or Phox-I, an inhibitor of Rac1-p67phox interaction, to human platelets blocked thrombin induced ROS generation...
- Interaction of Rac with p67phox and regulation of phagocytic NADPH oxidase activityD Diekmann
Medical Research Council Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology, University College London, UK
Science 265:531-3. 1994..plasma membrane consisting of two integral membrane proteins, gp91phox and p21phox, and two cytosolic proteins, p67phox and p47phox. Rac1 interacted directly with p67phox in a GTP-dependent manner...
- A point mutation in gp91-phox of cytochrome b558 of the human NADPH oxidase leading to defective translocation of the cytosolic proteins p47-phox and p67-phoxJ H Leusen
Central Laboratory, The Netherlands Red Cross Blood Transfusion Service, University of Amsterdam
J Clin Invest 93:2120-6. 1994..We conclude that residue 500 of gp91-phox resides in a region critical for stable binding of p47-phox and p67-phox...
- Phosphorylation of the respiratory burst oxidase subunit p67(phox) during human neutrophil activation. Regulation by protein kinase C-dependent and independent pathwaysJ E Benna
INSERM U294, CHU Xavier Bichat, Service d Hématologie et d Immunologie Biologiques, 46 rue Henri Huchard, 75018 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 272:17204-8. 1997..Taken together, these results show that p67(phox) is phosphorylated in human neutrophils by different pathways, one of which involves protein kinase C...
- NAD(P)H oxidase activity in cultured human podocytes: effects of adenosine triphosphateS Greiber
Abteilung Neprologie, Universitätsklink Freiburg, Germany
Kidney Int 53:654-63. 1998..derived from monocyte sequences amplified mRNA for the NADPH oxidase subunits p22phox, p47phox, gp91phox, and p67phox, and the latter was transiently increased by ATP...
- Mutation at histidine 338 of gp91(phox) depletes FAD and affects expression of cytochrome b558 of the human NADPH oxidaseL S Yoshida
National Children s Medical Research Center, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo, 154 8509, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:27879-86. 1998..These results indicate that His-338 is a very critical residue for FAD incorporation into the NADPH oxidase system. This is the first such mutation found in CGD...
- Spontaneous activation of NADPH oxidase in a cell-free system: unexpected multiple effects of magnesium ion concentrationsA R Cross
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Biochem J 338:229-33. 1999..using flavocytochrome b-245 and either neutrophil cytosol or mixtures of recombinant p40phox, p47phox, p67phox and Rac2...
- Increased NAD(P)H oxidase and reactive oxygen species in coronary arteries after balloon injuryY Shi
Cardiovascular Research Center, Department of Medicine Cardiology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 21:739-45. 2001..These results indicate that vascular NAD(P)H oxidase plays a central role in the upregulation of oxidative stress after coronary injury, providing pivotal growth signals for coronary fibroblasts...
- Redox regulation of phagocyte NOX2 in inflammation and agingRobert A Clark; Fiscal Year: 2013..oxidase features membrane-bound catalytic components (gp91phox/p22phox) and cytosolic co-factors (p47phox, p67phox, Rac1/2) that undergo stimulus-dependent translocation during assembly of the active NADPH oxidase...
- Small Molecule targeting of NADPH oxidase in neutrophilsMarie Dominique Filippi; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to develop small molecule inhibitors that target Rac GTPase and Rac-p67phox interaction inhibitors to downmodulate neutrophil functions in lung diseases...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF LEUKOCYTE ACTIVATIONRichard Ye; Fiscal Year: 2009..that mediates potent activation of NADPH oxidase in reconstituted cells without a physical interaction with p67phox. Experiments are designed to characterize a potentially novel mechanism for 47phox-mediated conformational change ..
- Richard D Ye; Fiscal Year: 2014..p47phox protein that mediates spontaneous superoxide production in the absence of physical interaction with p67phox. Experiments are designed to characterize a potentially novel mechanism for 47phox-mediated conformational change ..
- Function of NADPH Oxidase(s) in T LymphocytesMark S Williams; Fiscal Year: 2010..The absence or mutation of components of this oxidase (NOX2/gp91phox, p47phox, p67phox, p22phox, Rac2) results in chronic granulomatous disease (CGD)...
- Swapan K Nath; Fiscal Year: 2014..Ultimately, a set of novel functional variants will be made available to the scientific community and provide a basis for future biological experiments to define how NADPHO contributes to the pathological mechanisms of lupus. ..
- Molecular Basis for Priming of the Neutrophil NADPH Oxidase in Trauma and SepsisALBERT T HSU; Fiscal Year: 2010..Activation of NADPH oxidase involves the formation of a p47phox:p67phox:p40phox heterodimer as well as phosphorylation of the p47phox subunit...
- Marschall S Runge; Fiscal Year: 2015..Our prior studies and preliminary data support the notion that NoxA1, the homologue of p67phox, is expressed in mouse and human vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMC) and is a key regulator of Nox1 NADPH oxidase ..
- Amelioration of cisplatin ototoxicity by transplatinDebashree Mukherjea; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition expression of NADPH oxidase subunlts (such as N0X3, Rac1, p22phox and p67phox), stress proteins (such as TRPV1, KIM-1, heat shock proteins and heat shock factor) and apoptotic proteins will ..
- Aron B Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2015..We further propose that binding of one of the cytosolic components (p67phox) to Prdx6 inhibits its PLA2 activity and abrogates the NOX2-activation signal...
- Jeffrey L Garvin; Fiscal Year: 2016..A decrease in production may result from inhibiting the association of the p47phox and p67phox subunits with the catalytic subunit...
- Role of p67phox in myocardial hypertrophyLei Xiao; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our prelminary data indicate that p67phox, the major cytosolic subunit of NOX, mediates the development of myocardial hypertrophy through a novel reactive ..
- ICSBP Function During Myeloid DifferentiationELIZABETH ANN EKLUND; Fiscal Year: 2011..we found that ICSBP activates transcription of genes encoding the phagocyte NADPH-oxidase proteins, gp91PHOX and p67phox. Other investigators identified additional ICSBP-target-genes involved in phagocyte function...
- Allen W Cowley; Fiscal Year: 2016..mTAL NaCI delivery resulting in excess production of H202 in SS rats as amplified by a greater expression of the p67phox subunit of NADPH oxidase...
- Monocyte Pathogenesis: Regulation of NADPH OxidaseMARTHA CATHCART; Fiscal Year: 2007..They are p47phox, p67phox and Racl...
- Mechanism of Polyphenolic Inhibition of NADPH OxidaseJonathan Dordick; Fiscal Year: 2006..to: (1) Elucidate the chemical structures of the active metabolites of apocynin that bind to endothelial p47phox, p67phox, and p22phox peptide sequences and confirm that these compounds also bind to the same domains on the p47phox and ..
- MOLECULAR STRUCTURE OF THE PHAGOCYTE NADPH OXIDASEMark Quinn; Fiscal Year: 2007..is composed of an integral plasma membrane flavocytochrome b and four cytosolic proteins (p40 phox, p47 phox, p67 phox, and Rac2)...
- ACTIVATION MECHANISMS IN THE NADPH OXIDASEMichael Kleinberg; Fiscal Year: 2003..These findings may lead to new strategies for design of novel anti-inflammatory agents that will inhibit oxidase formation and production of superoxide by phagocytes. ..
- Nox 4 in Endothelial Cell ROS Production, Signaling and MotilityViswanathan Natarajan; Fiscal Year: 2009..The endothelial NADPH oxidase, similar to phagocytic oxidase, consists of cytosolic (p47phox, p67phox and Rac1) and membranebound (gp91phox and p22phox) components...
- Role of Aldosterone in Cardiac RemodelingFlora Sam; Fiscal Year: 2009..In in vitro studies, aldosterone induces myocyte apoptosis, p67 phox and pro-inflammatory signal mediators such as NOS2...
- HoxA10 Function During Myeloid DifferentiationELIZABETH ANN EKLUND; Fiscal Year: 2011..contribute to the mature myeloid phenotype;such as genes encoding the phagocyte oxidase proteins gp91PHOX and p67PHOX. In undifferentiated myeloid cells, we found that HoxA10 is maintained in a non-tyrosine phosphorylated state by ..
- ENZYMES MODULATING SECOND MESSENGERS IN NEUTROPHILSJOHN BADWEY; Fiscal Year: 2002..The goal is to forge a solid line between the regulatory properties of the isolated enzymes and control of the stimulus-response phenomena in phagocytic leukocytes. ..
- Oxidant stress and diabetic endothelial dysfunctionMing Hui Zou; Fiscal Year: 2013..Activated NF:B binds to the promoter of NAD(P)H oxidase subunits, including NOX4, gp91phox(NOX2), p67phox, p47phox, resulting in an increase in NAD(P)H oxidase activity and ROS, which causes endothelial cell dysfunction ..
- NEUTROPHIL ACTIVATION OF THE OXIDATIVE BURSTRobert Clark; Fiscal Year: 2004..includes cytochrome b559 which is a heterodimer of p22phox and gp91phox as well as cytosolic proteins (p47phox, p67phox and Rax1/2 which assemble into the oxidase upon activation...
- RAC 1 SIGNALING PATHWAY IN AIRWAY SMOOTH MUSCLEMARC HERSHENSON; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies may shed light on parallel mechanisms that may operate in asthma, and lead to therapeutic interventions. ..
- BIACORE 2000Michael Robertson; Fiscal Year: 1999..oxidase, which consists of an integral membrane protein, flavocytochrome b245 and cytosolic proteins p47phox, p67phox and Rac...
- Mechanisms of Amyloid beta-Stimulated ROS in MicrogliaBrandy Wilkinson; Fiscal Year: 2007..The NADPH oxidase consists of the membrane associated flavoprotein cytochrome b558 and the cytosolic, p47phox, p67phox, p40phox, and Rac1. Rac must be GTP-bound to function as part of the oxidase...
- FUNCTION OF NORMAL AND MALIGNANT PHAGOCYTESSERGIO CATZ; Fiscal Year: 2007..Further study will be carried out on the possibility that p67PHOX carries NADPH to the electron transport chain...
- Reactive Oxygen Species and Endothelial MigrationMasuko Ushio Fukai; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Cannabinoid Modulation of Capsaicin-Sensitive NociceptorsKenneth M Hargreaves; Fiscal Year: 2010..Second, identification of cannabinoid modulation of pain via TRPchannels provides a rationale for a novel class of analgesics that are devoid of classical cannabinoid side effects. ..
- Mechanisms of Hypertension-induced Renal InjuryAllen W Cowley; Fiscal Year: 2010..An understanding of these mechanisms could lead to new therapeutic approaches for the prevention of kidney disease in hypertension. ..
- Neuropeptide Y Regulation of Peripheral Human Nociceptors and PainKenneth Hargreaves; Fiscal Year: 2007..Moreover, our study population in South Texas permits secondary analyses of a potentially underserved population (predominantly Hispanic) that is at risk for caries-induced pulpal necrosis and pain. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Protein Prenyltransferases in Glucose-Stimulated Insulin SecretionAnjaneyulu Kowluru; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Prostanoids and hypoxic neonatal pulmonary hypertensionCANDICE FIKE; Fiscal Year: 2009..The goal of this project is to help us understand why infants develop pulmonary hypertension, determine what happens in the lung blood vessels during disease development, and develop treatments for this disease. ..
- Can Studies of Co-Morbidities with TMJDs Reveal Common Mechanisms of Disease?Allen Cowley; Fiscal Year: 2008..A major goal of this meeting is to identify common therapeutic targets related to shared co-morbidities. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cytokine mechanisms in systemic lupus erythematosusChaim Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies should lead to better understanding of a number of characteristics of SLE and may lead to identification of new targets for therapy. ..
- Phagocyte Contact Response in Aspergillosis ImmunityJAMES BURRITT; Fiscal Year: 2005..fumigatus resting conidia, swollen conidia, and hyphae with a peptide library. This information will be used to suggest mechanisms of attachment in this host-pathogen relationship ..
- Joint and Muscle Dysfunction of Temporomandibular JointAllen Cowley; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- PERIPHERAL CANNABINOIDS AND NEUROGENIC INFLAMMATIONKenneth Hargreaves; Fiscal Year: 2002..This knowledge base may provide a rationale for developing peripherally-selective cannabinoid analgesics with minimal CNS-mediated side-effect liability. ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF HERPETIC KERATITISWILLIAM O BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2002..The long-term goal is to understand the pathogenesis of edema in order to develop effective and specific alternatives to corticosteroids for the therapy of HSV-induced edema and stromal disease. ..
- P56C2, A NOVEL C2 DOMAIN PROTEIN OF LEUKOCYTESBERNARD BABIOR; Fiscal Year: 2003..The yeast 2-hybrid system was used to look for proteins that interact with p67PHOX, one of the cytosolic subunits of the oxidase...
- SYMPATHETIC FIBER MODULATION OF NEUROGENIC INFLAMMATIONKenneth Hargreaves; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- GENETICS OF CHILDHOOD ONSET SLEChaim Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2003..They further state that this is a multi-center application from some of the largest pediatric lupus clinics in the country and, therefore, represents a major and unique resource for the study of the genetics of childhood-onset SLE. ..
- INTERACTION OF HELICOBACTER PYLORI WITH PHAGOCYTESLEE ANN ALLEN; Fiscal Year: 2003..A complete dissection of this process at the molecular level may lead to novel therapies for treatment of H. pylori infection and reduce the significant morbidity associated with ulcer disease. ..
- A new direction in studing sex hormone involovement in *Chaim Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2003..Stanczyk) and biochemistry of steroid hormones (Dr. Roberts). The project proposed represents a clear and distinct departure from the PI's and the other investigators ongoing research. ..
- IGG PLACENTAL TRANSPORT: ENDOTHELIAL CAVEOLAEJohn Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our approaches to testing the predictions of this hypothesis incorporate methods of cell biology, immunology, biochemistry, ultrastructural analysis, and molecular biology. ..
- ROLE OF PROTEIN PHOSPHATASES IN INSULIN SECRETIONAnjaneyulu Kowluru; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Advancing Diagnostic Approaches for TMJ DisordersAllen Cowley; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Rho Kinase in Aqueous Humor Outflow PathwayP Rao; Fiscal Year: 2004..Identification of specific signaling mechanisms regulating function of outflow pathway tissues could enable the design of target-specific approaches to the treatment of glaucoma. ..
- 2008 NOX Family NADPH Oxidases Gordon ConferenceWILLIAM NAUSEEF; Fiscal Year: 2008..End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Submembranous Cytoskeleton in Neutrophil ActivationWILLIAM NAUSEEF; Fiscal Year: 2005..Fundamental principles elucidated already have been applied to studies of specific host-pathogen interactions. ..
- CHAPERONES AND PROTEIN BIOSYNTHESIS IN MYELOID CELLSWILLIAM NAUSEEF; Fiscal Year: 2005..The applicants believe that these will define principles that apply not only to these specific myeloid proteins but to proteins in general that acquire heme in the ER. ..
- Mechanisms of Nicotine Induced Neurogenic InflammationKenneth Hargreaves; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- HoxA10 Function During Myeloid DifferentiationElizabeth Eklund; Fiscal Year: 2006..repressor elements in the promoters of the genes encoding the respiratory burst oxidase components gp91phox and p67phox (the CYBB and NCF2 genes) are similar to the derived DNA-binding consensus for HoxA10...
- ICSBP Function During Myeloid DifferentiationElizabeth Eklund; Fiscal Year: 2006..This interaction activates genes encoding the respiratory burst oxidase proteins, gp91phox and p67phoX. These results suggest that ICSBP activates transcription of genes that confer the mature phagocyte phenotype...
- 2006 NOX Family NADPH Oxidases Gordon ConferenceWILLIAM NAUSEEF; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Systems Approach to the Understanding of TMJ as a Complex DiseaseAllen Cowley; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Posttranslational Regulation of eNOS by Estrogen in the Vagina and ClitorisBiljana Musicki; Fiscal Year: 2007..At the same time it may advance treatments for multiple disease states associated with endothelial dysfunction and alterations in hormonal milieu. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Two-step therapeutic screen for mitochondrial epilepsiesManisha Patel; Fiscal Year: 2007..This screening procedure will allow us to participate the the NINDS cooperative program designed to specifically develop candidate therapies for clinical development. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- eNOS-Protein Interaction in the PenisBiljana Musicki; Fiscal Year: 2007..At the same time, it may suggest a specific eNOS regulatory pathway as a possible new molecular target for treating ED. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biosynthesis, structural organization, and function of NOX proteinsWILLIAM NAUSEEF; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..