Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: p90rsk
Description: ribosomal protein S6 kinase A1
Alias: HU-1, MAPKAPK1A, RSK, RSK1, p90Rsk, ribosomal protein S6 kinase alpha-1, 90 kDa ribosomal protein S6 kinase 1, MAP kinase-activated protein kinase 1a, MAPK-activated protein kinase 1a, MAPKAP kinase 1a, MAPKAPK-1a, RSK-1, S6K-alpha 1, dJ590P13.1 (ribosomal protein S6 kinase, 90kD, polypeptide 1), p90-RSK 1, p90RSK1, p90S6K, ribosomal S6 kinase 1, ribosomal protein S6 kinase, 90kDa, polypeptide 1
Publications264 found, 100 shown here
- Phorbol ester stimulates rapid intracellular phosphorylation of glia maturation factorR Lim
Department of Neurology Division of Neurochemistry and Neurobiology, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 211:928-34. 1995..protein kinase A (PKA), and casein kinase II (CKII), and at the threonine residue by p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK)...
- The Drosophila melanogaster ribosomal S6 kinase II-encoding sequenceD A Wassarman
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California at Berkeley 94720 3200
Gene 144:309-10. 1994A cDNA encoding the Drosophila melanogaster p90 ribosomal S6 kinase II (RSK) was isolated from an eye-antennal imaginal disc library and sequenced...
- Regulation of an activated S6 kinase 1 variant reveals a novel mammalian target of rapamycin phosphorylation siteMasao Saitoh
Friedrich Miescher Institute, Maulbeerstrasse 66, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 277:20104-12. 2002..Moreover, in vitro mTOR directly phosphorylates Ser(371), and this event modulates Thr(389) phosphorylation by mTOR, compatible with earlier in vivo findings...
- Sodium phenylacetate inhibits the Ras/MAPK signaling pathway to induce reduction of the c-Raf-1 protein in human and canine breast cancer cellsManabu Watanabe
Laboratory of Functional Genomics, Department of Medical Genome Sciences, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo, 108 8639, Japan
Breast Cancer Res Treat 118:281-91. 2009..decreased activity, and accordingly, expressions of cyclinD1, c-myc, and inactivation of p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK), which are MAPK targets, were reduced...
- 14-3-3 proteins and survival kinases cooperate to inactivate BAD by BH3 domain phosphorylationS R Datta
Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell 6:41-51. 2000..These findings define a mechanism by which survival signals inactivate a proapoptotic Bcl-2 family member, and suggest a role for 14-3-3 proteins as cofactors that regulate sequential protein phosphorylation events...
- Interleukin-3-induced phosphorylation of BAD through the protein kinase AktL del Peso
Department of Pathology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Science 278:687-9. 1997..Thus, the proapoptotic function of BAD is regulated by the PI 3-kinase-Akt pathway...
- Mitogen- and stress-activated protein kinase-1 (MSK1) is directly activated by MAPK and SAPK2/p38, and may mediate activation of CREBM Deak
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, Departments of Biochemistry, Anatomy and Physiology, University of Dundee, Scotland
EMBO J 17:4426-41. 1998..unstimulated or stimulated cells, and phosphorylates CREB at Ser133 with a Km value far lower than PKA, MAPKAP-K1(p90Rsk) and MAPKAP-K2...
- Rsk-mediated phosphorylation and 14-3-3ɛ binding of Apaf-1 suppresses cytochrome c-induced apoptosisJiyeon Kim
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
EMBO J 31:1279-92. 2012..a novel mode of apoptotic regulation exerted through Apaf-1 phosphorylation by the 90-kDa ribosomal S6 kinase (Rsk)...
- MKNK1 is a YB-1 target gene responsible for imparting trastuzumab resistance and can be blocked by RSK inhibitionA Astanehe
Department of Pediatrics, Child and Family Research Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Oncogene 31:4434-46. 2012..of resistance to trastuzumab in a phosphorylation-dependent manner that relies on p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK)...
- Phosphorylation of elongation factor 1 and ribosomal protein S6 by multipotential S6 kinase and insulin stimulation of translational elongationY W Chang
Department of Biochemistry, University of California, Riverside, California 92521, USA
J Biol Chem 272:28252-7. 1997..6 min following the addition of insulin for 15 min. Taken together, the data suggest that insulin stimulation involves coordinate regulation of EF-1 and ribosomes through phosphorylation by multipotential S6 kinase...
- Regulation of the ETS transcription factor ER81 by the 90-kDa ribosomal S6 kinase 1 and protein kinase AJianmin Wu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Biol Chem 277:42669-79. 2002..Here we describe that the 90-kDa ribosomal S6 kinase 1 (RSK1), a protein kinase downstream of the extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) subclass of MAPKs, ..
- Type I keratin 17 protein is phosphorylated on serine 44 by p90 ribosomal protein S6 kinase 1 (RSK1) in a growth- and stress-dependent fashionXiaoou Pan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 286:42403-13. 2011..We show that p90 RSK1, an AGC kinase involved in the regulation of cell survival and proliferation, phosphorylates K17-Ser(44) in skin ..
- Involvement of polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1) in mitotic arrest by inhibition of mitogen-activated protein kinase-extracellular signal-regulated kinase-ribosomal S6 kinase 1 (MEK-ERK-RSK1) cascadeRan Li
Key Laboratory of Conservation Biology for Endangered Wildlife of the Ministry of Education and College of Life Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China
J Biol Chem 287:15923-34. 2012..Of these, polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1) and p90 ribosomal S6 kinase 1 (RSK1) play key roles. Plk1 acts as a G(2)/M trigger, and RSK1 promotes G(1) progression...
- p53 induces NF-kappaB activation by an IkappaB kinase-independent mechanism involving phosphorylation of p65 by ribosomal S6 kinase 1Jan Bohuslav
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology and the Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 1234, USA
J Biol Chem 279:26115-25. 2004..Rather, p53 expression stimulates the serine/threonine kinase ribosomal S6 kinase 1 (RSK1), which in turn phosphorylates the p65 subunit of NF-kappaB...
- Identification of S6 kinase 1 as a novel mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR)-phosphorylating kinaseMarina K Holz
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 280:26089-93. 2005..Many models for Akt signaling to mTOR have been presented, suggesting direct phosphorylation by Akt. These models must be reconsidered in light of the present findings...
- Phosphorylation of the skeletal muscle glycogen-targetting subunit of protein phosphatase 1 in response to adrenaline in vivoK S Walker
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee, UK
FEBS Lett 466:121-4. 2000..protein kinase (PKA) and at Ser48 by MAP kinase-activated protein kinase-1 (MAPKAP-K1, also called p90 RSK). The phosphorylation of Ser48 increases the rate at which the glycogen-associated PP1...
- Formation of an hER alpha-COUP-TFI complex enhances hER alpha AF-1 through Ser118 phosphorylation by MAPKRaphaël Métivier
Equipe d Endocrinologie Moléculaire de la Reproduction, UMR CNRS 6026, Universite de Rennes I, 35042 Rennes Cedex, France
EMBO J 21:3443-53. 2002..These data indicate an alternative interaction process between nuclear receptors and demonstrate a novel protein intercommunication pathway that modulates hER alpha AF-1...
- Regulation of the ER81 transcription factor and its coactivators by mitogen- and stress-activated protein kinase 1 (MSK1)Ralf Janknecht
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Oncogene 22:746-55. 2003..Thus, MSK1 may regulate ER81-dependent transcription via direct phosphorylation of ER81 as well as via stimulation of CBP/p300, which might be important for ER81's normal function and during mammary tumor formation...
- Control of CREB-binding protein signaling by nuclear fibroblast growth factor receptor-1: a novel mechanism of gene regulationXiaohong Fang
Department of Pathology and Anatomical Sciences, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14214, USA
J Biol Chem 280:28451-62. 2005..FGFR1 is a multifactorial protein whose N terminus interacts with CBP and C terminus with ribosomal S6 kinase 1 (RSK1)...
- Y-box binding protein-1 serine 102 is a downstream target of p90 ribosomal S6 kinase in basal-like breast cancer cellsAnna L Stratford
Laboratory for Oncogenomic Research, Department of Pediatrics, Child and Family Research Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4H4, Canada
Breast Cancer Res 10:R99. 2008..Using Motifscan we identified p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK) as a potential candidate for activating YB-1.
- The extracellular signal-regulated kinase mitogen-activated protein kinase/ribosomal S6 protein kinase 1 cascade phosphorylates cAMP response element-binding protein to induce MUC5B gene expression via D-prostanoid receptor signalingYeon Ho Choi
The Airway Mucus Institute, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul 120 752, Korea
J Biol Chem 286:34199-214. 2011..Proximity ligation assays showed direct interaction between RSK1 and cAMP response element-binding protein (CREB)...
- Targeting p90 ribosomal S6 kinase eliminates tumor-initiating cells by inactivating Y-box binding protein-1 in triple-negative breast cancersAnna L Stratford
Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Stem Cells 30:1338-48. 2012..In order for CD44 to be induced, YB-1 must be phosphorylated at S102 by p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK). We therefore questioned whether RSK might be a tractable molecular target to eliminate TICs...
- Phosphatidylinositol-3-OH Kinase (PI3K)/AKT2, activated in breast cancer, regulates and is induced by estrogen receptor alpha (ERalpha) via interaction between ERalpha and PI3KM Sun
Department of Pathology and Programs of Molecular Oncology and Drug Discovery, University of South Florida College of Medicine and H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Cancer Res 61:5985-91. 2001....
- p90 ribosomal S6 kinase and p70 ribosomal S6 kinase link phosphorylation of the eukaryotic chaperonin containing TCP-1 to growth factor, insulin, and nutrient signalingYuki Abe
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 284:14939-48. 2009..Here we identify the chaperonin CCT as a novel physiological substrate for p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK) and p70 ribosomal S6 kinase (S6K)...
- Phosphorylation of the c-Fos transrepression domain by mitogen-activated protein kinase and 90-kDa ribosomal S6 kinaseR H Chen
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:10952-6. 1993..evidence that two growth-regulated, nucleus- and cytoplasm-localized protein kinases, 90-kDa ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK) and mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAP kinase), contribute to the serum-induced phosphorylation of c-Fos...
- Identification of regulatory phosphorylation sites in mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK)-activated protein kinase-1a/p90rsk that are inducible by MAPKK N Dalby
Medical Research Council Protein Phosphorylation Unit, Department of Biochemistry, University of Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 273:1496-505. 1998Mitogen-activated protein kinase-activated protein kinase-1 (MAPKAP-K1; also known as p90rsk) contains two protein kinase domains in a single polypeptide...
- Ribosomal S6 kinase 1 (RSK1) activation requires signals dependent on and independent of the MAP kinase ERKS A Richards
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Curr Biol 9:810-20. 1999The rsk1 gene encodes the 90 kDa ribosomal S6 kinase 1 (RSK1) protein, which contains two kinase domains...
- Rsk1 mediates a MEK-MAP kinase cell survival signalA Shimamura
Department of Cell Biology, Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Harvard Medical School, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston 02115, USA
Curr Biol 10:127-35. 2000..The MEK-MAP kinase signaling cassette is a key regulatory pathway promoting cell survival. The downstream effectors of the mammalian MEK-MAP kinase cell survival signal have not been previously described...
- Regulation of elongation factor 2 kinase by p90(RSK1) and p70 S6 kinaseX Wang
Division of Molecular Physiology and MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
EMBO J 20:4370-9. 2001..of members of the AGC kinase family; we show that two such kinases, p70 S6 kinase (regulated via mTOR) and p90(RSK1) (activated by Erk), phosphorylate eEF2k at a conserved serine and inhibit its activity...
- Phosphorylation of p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK) regulates extracellular signal-regulated kinase docking and RSK activityPhilippe P Roux
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:4796-804. 2003..In this report we show that RSK1 and ERK1/2 form a complex in quiescent HEK293 cells that transiently dissociates upon mitogen stimulation...
- Tumor-promoting phorbol esters and activated Ras inactivate the tuberous sclerosis tumor suppressor complex via p90 ribosomal S6 kinasePhilippe P Roux
Department of Cell Biology and Taplin Biological Mass Spectrometry Facility, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:13489-94. 2004..of tuberin and collaborates with the nutrient-sensing pathway to regulate mTOR effectors, such as p70 ribosomal S6 kinase 1 (S6K1)...
- Subcellular localization and biological actions of activated RSK1 are determined by its interactions with subunits of cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinaseDeepti Chaturvedi
Department of Pharmacology, Loyola University Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine, 2160 South First Avenue, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:4586-600. 2006Cyclic AMP (cAMP)-dependent protein kinase (PKA) and ribosomal S6 kinase 1 (RSK1) share several cellular proteins as substrates...
- The RSK family of kinases: emerging roles in cellular signallingRana Anjum
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 9:747-58. 2008The 90 kDa ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK) family of proteins is a group of highly conserved Ser/Thr kinases that regulate diverse cellular processes, such as cell growth, cell motility, cell survival and cell proliferation...
- pp90rsk1 regulates estrogen receptor-mediated transcription through phosphorylation of Ser-167P B Joel
Center for Cell Signaling and Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22908, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:1978-84. 1998..Taken together, our results strongly suggest that pp90rsk1 phosphorylates Ser-167 of the human ER in vivo and that Ser-167 aids in regulating the transcriptional activity of AF-1 in the ER...
- All three IkappaB isoforms and most Rel family members are stably associated with the IkappaB kinase 1/2 complexR Heilker
Novartis Pharma AG, Arthritis and Bone Metabolism Research, Basel, Switzerland
Eur J Biochem 259:253-61. 1999..All three activities correspond to known IkappaB kinases: the mitogen-activated 90 kDa ribosomal S6 kinase (p90rsk1), the IkappaB kinase 1/2 complex (IKK1/2) and casein kinase II (CK II)...
- Identification of an extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) docking site in ribosomal S6 kinase, a sequence critical for activation by ERK in vivoJ A Smith
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and the Markey Center for Cell Signaling, Department of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 274:2893-8. 1999..GST)-fusion proteins containing the carboxyl-terminal tails of three p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK) isozymes (RSK1, RSK2, and RSK3) interacted with extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) but not c-Jun-NH2-kinase (JNK) or p38 ..
- 90-kDa ribosomal S6 kinase is phosphorylated and activated by 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1C J Jensen
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Glostrup Hospital, DK 2600 Glostrup, Denmark
J Biol Chem 274:27168-76. 1999..Similarly, two other members of the RSK family, RSK1 and RSK3, were partially activated by PDK1 in COS7 cells...
- Enhancement of intracellular signaling associated with hematopoietic progenitor cell survival in response to SDF-1/CXCL12 in synergy with other cytokinesYounghee Lee
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, 46202, USA
Blood 99:4307-17. 2002..SDF-1 alpha induced transient activation of extracellular stress-regulated kinase (ERK1/2), ribosomal S6 kinase (p90RSK) and Akt, molecules implicated in cell survival...
- 14-3-3beta is a p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK) isoform 1-binding protein that negatively regulates RSK kinase activityMegan E Cavet
Center for Cardiovascular Research and Department of Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 278:18376-83. 2003p90 ribosomal S6 kinase 1 (RSK1) is a serine/threonine kinase that is activated by extracellular signal-related kinases 1/2 and phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 upon mitogen stimulation...
- Induction of MUC8 gene expression by interleukin-1 beta is mediated by a sequential ERK MAPK/RSK1/CREB cascade pathway in human airway epithelial cellsKyoung Seob Song
Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul 120 752, Korea
J Biol Chem 278:34890-6. 2003..Moreover, the overexpression of wide-type or of the dominant-negative mutant of p90 ribosomal S6 protein kinase 1 (RSK1) enhanced or suppressed, respectively, IL-1 beta-induced MUC8 gene expression...
- 90-kDa ribosomal S6 kinase is a direct target for the nuclear fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 (FGFR1): role in FGFR1 signalingYafang Hu
Department of Pathology and Anatomical Sciences, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 142214, USA
J Biol Chem 279:29325-35. 2004..Among the proteins detected with the intracellular FGFR1 domain was a 90-kDa ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK1), a regulator of CREB, CBP, and histone phosphorylation. FGFR1 bound to the N-terminal region of RSK1...
- Identification of p122RhoGAP (deleted in liver cancer-1) Serine 322 as a substrate for protein kinase B and ribosomal S6 kinase in insulin-stimulated cellsIngeborg Hers
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 281:4762-70. 2006..These results demonstrate that p122RhoGAP Ser-322 acts as an integrator of signal transduction in a manner dependent on the cellular context...
- Crystal structures of the N-terminal kinase domain of human RSK1 bound to three different ligands: Implications for the design of RSK1 specific inhibitorsMari Ikuta
Department of Structural Biology, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
Protein Sci 16:2626-35. 2007..b>RSK1, a member of the RSK family, contains two distinct kinase domains in a single polypeptide chain, the regulatory C-..
- Regulation of protein kinase A activity by p90 ribosomal S6 kinase 1Xianlong Gao
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
J Biol Chem 284:33070-8. 2009..we reported that the catalytic subunit of cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKAc) binds to the active p90 ribosomal S6 kinase 1 (RSK1) (Chaturvedi, D., Poppleton, H. M., Stringfield, T., Barbier, A., and Patel, T. B. (2006) Mol. Cell...
- p90 ribosomal S6 kinase 1 (RSK1) and the catalytic subunit of protein kinase A (PKA) compete for binding the pseudosubstrate region of PKAR1alpha: role in the regulation of PKA and RSK1 activitiesXianlong Gao
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Loyola University Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
J Biol Chem 285:6970-9. 2010Previously we showed that the inactive form of p90 ribosomal S6 kinase 1 (RSK1) interacts with the regulatory subunit, PKARIalpha, of protein kinase A (PKA), whereas the active RSK1 interacts with the catalytic subunit (PKAc) of PKA...
- Regulatory effects of ribosomal S6 kinase 1 (RSK1) in IFNλ signalingBarbara Kroczynska
Division of Hematology Oncology, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University Medical School and Jesse Brown Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 286:1147-56. 2011..We provide evidence that IFNλ activates the p90 ribosomal protein S6 kinase 1 (RSK1) and its downstream effector, initiation factor eIF4B...
- An siRNA screen identifies RSK1 as a key modulator of lung cancer metastasisR Lara
Department of Oncology, Hammersmith Campus, Cyclotron Building, London, UK
Oncogene 30:3513-21. 2011..In particular, ribosomal S6 kinase 1 (RSK1) silencing increased, whereas RSK2 and RSK4 downregulation inhibited cell motility...
- Persistent ERK phosphorylation negatively regulates cAMP response element-binding protein (CREB) activity via recruitment of CREB-binding protein to pp90RSKZiqiu Wang
Liver Cancer Center, Thomas E Starzl Transplantation Institute, Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Biol Chem 278:11138-44. 2003..The phosphorylation of ribosomal S6 kinase (pp90(RSK)), a CREB kinase in response to mitogen stimulation, was also found to be inhibited by Cpd 5 action...
- An intracellular calcium signal activates p70 but not p90 ribosomal S6 kinase in liver epithelial cellsL M Graves
Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7295, USA
J Biol Chem 272:1920-8. 1997..to activate p70 ribosomal S6 kinase (p70(S6K)) and p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (p90(RSK))...
- Regulation of multisite phosphorylation and 14-3-3 binding of AS160 in response to IGF-1, EGF, PMA and AICARKathryn M Geraghty
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 407:231-41. 2007..The AGC (protein kinase A/protein kinase G/protein kinase C-family) kinases RSK1 (p90 ribosomal S6 kinase 1), SGK1 (serum- and glucocorticoid-induced protein kinase 1) and PKB (protein kinase B) displayed distinct ..
- p90Rsk is required for G1 phase arrest in unfertilized starfish eggsMasashi Mori
Laboratory of Cell and Developmental Biology, Graduate School of Bioscience, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Nagatsuta, Midoriku, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
Development 133:1823-30. 2006..Immediately downstream of MAPK, Rsk (p90 ribosomal S6 kinase, p90(Rsk)) is required for the frog meta-II arrest...
- Neuropeptide-induced transactivation of a neuronal epidermal growth factor receptor is mediated by metalloprotease-dependent formation of heparin-binding epidermal growth factorBukhtiar H Shah
Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4510, USA
J Biol Chem 279:414-20. 2004..phosphorylation of the EGF-R and, subsequently, of Shc, ERK1/2, and its dependent protein, p90RSK-1 (p90 ribosomal S6 kinase 1 or RSK-1), was abolished by metalloprotease inhibition...
- AICAR positively regulate glycogen synthase activity and LDL receptor expression through Raf-1/MEK/p42/44MAPK/p90RSK/GSK-3 signaling cascadeHsiang Ming Wang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, The Dorothy M Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, 464 Hamilton Hall, Columbus, OH 43210, United States
Biochem Pharmacol 75:457-67. 2008..The signal connection between AICAR and GSK-3 is indirect and involves activation of Raf-1/MEK/p42/44(MAPK)/p90(RSK) signaling cascade as pharmacologic inhibition of MEK significantly reduced phosphorylation/deactivation of GSK-3 ..
- Altered extracellular signal-regulated kinase signaling and glycogen metabolism in skeletal muscle from p90 ribosomal S6 kinase 2 knockout miceS D Dufresne
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:81-7. 2001The p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK), a cytosolic substrate for the extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK), is involved in transcriptional regulation, and one isoform (RSK2) has been implicated in the activation of glycogen synthase by ..
- Inhibition of the mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway results in the down-regulation of P-glycoproteinKazuhiro Katayama
Department of Chemotherapy, Kyoritsu University of Pharmacy, 1 5 30 Shibakoen, Minato ku, Tokyo 105 8512, Japan
Mol Cancer Ther 6:2092-102. 2007..PD98059 (a MEK inhibitor), ERK small interfering RNA, and p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK) small interfering RNA also suppressed P-gp expression...
- Protein kinase C-dependent, CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta-mediated expression of insulin-like growth factor I geneYutaka Umayahara
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics A8, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita City, Osaka Pref 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:15261-70. 2002..and posttranslational regulation, and the latter is mediated by activation of p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK): co-expression of dominant negative RSK abolished the TPA-responsive and C/EBP beta-dependent transactivation...
- The C-terminal tail of Yersinia pseudotuberculosis YopM is critical for interacting with RSK1 and for virulenceMelissa W McCoy
Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology, Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Infect Immun 78:2584-98. 2010..YopM localizes to both the nucleus and the cytoplasm in cultured cells, interacts with mammalian p90 ribosomal S6 kinase 1 (RSK1), and causes a decrease in NK cell populations in spleens...
- Regulation of intracellular pH by p90Rsk-dependent activation of an Na(+)/H(+) exchanger in starfish oocytesKaori Harada
Department of Biology, Graduate School of Humanities and Sciences, Ochanomizu University, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 112 8610, Japan
J Biol Chem 285:24044-54. 2010..The cytoplasmic domain of ApNHE3 contains p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (p90Rsk) phosphorylation sites, and injection of a constitutively active p90Rsk and the upstream regulator Mos to immature ..
- A purified S6 kinase kinase from Xenopus eggs activates S6 kinase II and autophosphorylates on serine, threonine, and tyrosine residuesC B Barrett
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver 80262
J Biol Chem 267:4408-15. 1992..Using this protein, termed "rsk" for Ribosomal Protein S6 Kinase, as a substrate, we have purified to homogeneity from unfertilized Xenopus eggs a ..
- MEK, ERK, and p90RSK are present on mitotic tubulin in Swiss 3T3 cells: a role for the MAP kinase pathway in regulating mitotic exitF S Willard
Molecular Signalling Group, Division of Neuroscience, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, GPO Box 334, A C T 2601, Canberra, Australia
Cell Signal 13:653-64. 2001..of members of the MAP kinase pathway including regulators (MEK1/2), substrates (90-kDa ribosomal S6 kinases (RSKs): RSK1, RSK2 and RSK3), and ERK itself...
- MEK and ERK protect hypoxic cortical neurons via phosphorylation of BadKunlin Jin
Buck Institute for Age Research, Novato, California 94945, USA
J Neurochem 80:119-25. 2002..death, we measured hypoxia-induced phosphorylation of three ERK1/2 targets: the 90-kDa ribosomal protein S6 kinase (RSK), the transcription factor ELK1, and the pro-apoptotic Bcl-2 family protein Bad...
- Activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinases during dehydration in the African clawed frog, Xenopus laevisAmal Idris Malik
Institute of Biochemistry and Department of Biology, Carleton University, 1125 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1S 5B6
J Exp Biol 212:2595-603. 2009..The amount of phosphorylated active transcription factor, STAT3(Ser727) and p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK(Ser380)) increased particularly in muscle, lung and kidney...
- Changes of insulin-mediated protein kinases phosphorylation and the expression of IGFBP-3 in skeletal muscle of streptozotocin-diabetic miceK Grzelkowska-Kowalczyk
Department of Physiological Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Warsaw Agricultural University, Nowoursynowska 159, 02 776 Warsaw, Poland
Pol J Vet Sci 8:231-40. 2005..of protein kinase B (PKB), protein kinase Czeta (PKCzeta), p70(S6k), mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK)/p90(rsk) pathway and the expression of IGFBP-3, -4, and -5 in mice selected for body weight gain (line C) and reduction (..
- ERK-MAP Kinase signaling in the cytoplasmMichelle C Mendoza
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 661:185-203. 2010..two complementary methods for quantitatively measuring ERK activity toward the cytoplasmic p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK)...
- Structural basis for the activity of the RSK-specific inhibitor, SL0101Jeffrey A Smith
Center for Cell Signaling, Department of Pathology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 15:5018-34. 2007Inappropriate activity of p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK) has been implicated in various human cancers as well as other pathologies...
- In vitro inhibition of MAP kinase (ERK1/ERK2) activity by phosphorylated glia maturation factor (GMF)A Zaheer
Department of Neurology Division of Neurochemistry and Neurobiology, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, USA
Biochemistry 35:6283-8. 1996..Of the other three enzymes that can phosphorylate GMF, only p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK) enhances the inhibitory function of GMF on ERK; protein kinase C (PKC) and casein kinase II (CKII) are without ..
- Basic fibroblast growth factor inhibits radiation-induced apoptosis of HUVECs. II. The RAS/MAPK pathway and phosphorylation of BAD at serine 112Qingyang Gu
Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, Beijing, China
Radiat Res 161:703-11. 2004..bFGF inhibited radiation-induced apoptosis of HUVECs, and that the effect was mediated in part by the RAS/MEK/ MAPK/RSK (p90 ribosomal S6 kinase)/BAD pathway...
- Requirement of Rsk-2 for epidermal growth factor-activated phosphorylation of histone H3P Sassone-Corsi
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS, INSERM, ULP, B P 163, 67404 Illkirch Strasbourg, France
Science 285:886-91. 1999..b>Rsk-2, a member of the pp90rsk family of kinases implicated in growth control, was required for epidermal growth factor ..
- Roles of Src and epidermal growth factor receptor transactivation in transient and sustained ERK1/2 responses to gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor activationBukhtiar H Shah
Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4510, USA
J Biol Chem 278:19118-26. 2003..In GT1-7 cells, GnRH stimulated phosphorylation and nuclear translocation of the ERK1/2-dependent protein, p90RSK-1 (RSK-1)...
- Activation of p70 S6 kinase and erk-encoded mitogen-activated protein kinases is resistant to high cyclic nucleotide levels in Swiss 3T3 fibroblastsC Petritsch
Institute of Molecular Pathology, Vienna, Austria
J Biol Chem 270:26619-25. 1995..of p70S6k without affecting the erk-encoded mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinases or the rsk-encoded S6 kinase (p90rsk)...
- Inhibiting p90 ribosomal S6 kinase prevents (Na+)-H+ exchanger-mediated cardiac ischemia-reperfusion injuryNaoya Maekawa
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
Circulation 113:2516-23. 2006..We found that p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK) phosphorylated serine 703 of NHE1, stimulating 14-3-3 binding and NHE1 activity...
- Identification of the first specific inhibitor of p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK) reveals an unexpected role for RSK in cancer cell proliferationJeffrey A Smith
Center for Cell Signaling, Department of Pathology, University of Virginia Health Science Center, 7041 Multistory Building, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0577, USA
Cancer Res 65:1027-34. 2005p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK) is an important downstream effector of mitogen-activated protein kinase, but its biological functions are not well understood...
- Protein kinase D links Gq-coupled receptors to cAMP response element-binding protein (CREB)-Ser133 phosphorylation in the heartNazira Ozgen
Department of Pharmacology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 283:17009-19. 2008..Of note, while the epidermal growth factor (EGF) promotes CREB-Ser(133) phosphorylation via an ERK-RSK pathway in cardiac fibroblasts, the thrombin-dependent EGFR transactivation pathway leading to ERK-RSK activation ..
- The RSK factors of activating the Ras/MAPK signaling cascadeAudrey Carriere
Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer, and Department of Pathology and Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H3C 3J7, Canada
Front Biosci 13:4258-75. 2008..In mammals, four RSK genes have been identified (RSK1, RSK2, RSK3 and RSK4), and RSK orthologues have also been described in D. melanogaster and C...
- Characterization of the p90 ribosomal S6 kinase 2 carboxyl-terminal domain as a protein kinaseCarol A Chrestensen
Department of Pharmacology, Center for Cell Signaling, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 277:27733-41. 2002The carboxyl-terminal domain (CTD) of the p90 ribosomal S6 kinases (RSKs) is an important regulatory domain in RSK and a model for kinase regulation of FXXFXF(Y) motifs in AGC kinases. Its properties had not been studied...
- RSK2 activity is regulated by its interaction with PEA-15Hema Vaidyanathan
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
J Biol Chem 278:32367-72. 2003..PEA-15 does not bind to RSK1 and therefore exhibits some binding specificity...
- Phosphorylation of p27Kip1 at threonine 198 by p90 ribosomal protein S6 kinases promotes its binding to 14-3-3 and cytoplasmic localizationNaoya Fujita
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:49254-60. 2003..b>RSK-dependent phosphorylation promoted the p27Kip1 binding to 14-3-3 and its cytoplasmic localization...
- The serine/threonine protein kinase, p90 ribosomal S6 kinase, is an important regulator of prostate cancer cell proliferationD E Clark
Department of Microbiology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Cancer Res 65:3108-16. 2005..The serine/threonine protein kinase p90-kDa ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK) is an important downstream effector of MAPK but its role in prostate cancer has not previously been examined...
- In vivo role of the phosphate groove of PDK1 defined by knockin mutationBarry J Collins
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dundee, DD1 5EH, UK
J Cell Sci 118:5023-34. 2005..Agonists stimulate the activation of the AGC kinases p70 ribosomal S6 kinase (S6K), p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK) and serum and glucocorticoid-induced protein kinase (SGK), by inducing the phosphorylation of these enzymes at a ..
- BI-D1870 is a specific inhibitor of the p90 RSK (ribosomal S6 kinase) isoforms in vitro and in vivoGopal P Sapkota
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, U K
Biochem J 401:29-38. 2007..Here we describe the small molecule BI-D1870, which inhibits RSK1, RSK2, RSK3 and RSK4 in vitro with an IC(50) of 10-30 nM, but does not signi-ficantly inhibit ten other AGC kinase ..
- Requirement of 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 for BDNF-mediated neuronal survivalGiorgi Kharebava
Kentucky Spinal Cord Injury Research Center, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40292, USA
J Neurosci 28:11409-20. 2008..and extracellular signal-regulated kinase-1/2 (ERK1/2)-mediated activation of their direct target, the p90 ribosomal S6 kinase 1/2 (RSK1/2)...
- RPS6KA2, a putative tumour suppressor gene at 6q27 in sporadic epithelial ovarian cancerP A Bignone
Cancer Research UK, Molecular Oncology Laboratories, Ovarian Cancer Group, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford, UK
Oncogene 26:683-700. 2007..The p90 ribosomal S6 kinase-3 gene (p90 Rsk-3, RPS6KA2) maps in this interval...
- ERK1/2-p90RSK-mediated phosphorylation of Na+/H+ exchanger isoform 1. A role in ischemic neuronal deathJing Luo
Department of Physiology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
J Biol Chem 282:28274-84. 2007..We further examined the ERK/90-kDa ribosomal S6 kinase (p90(RSK)) signaling pathways...
- The molecular scaffold kinase suppressor of Ras 1 (KSR1) regulates adipogenesisRobert L Kortum
Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, 68198 7696, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:7592-604. 2005..scaffold kinase suppressor of Ras 1 (KSR1) to regulate signaling through the Raf/MEK/ERK/p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK) kinase cascade and show how it determines adipogenic potential...
- RNA suppression of ERK2 leads to collapse of mitochondrial membrane potential with acute oxidative stress in human lens epithelial cellsJames M Flynn
Dept of Cell Biology and Genetics, Univ of North Texas Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 294:E589-99. 2008..Ser(112) is phosphorylated by p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK), a Ser/Thr kinase, which is a downstream effector of ERK1/2...
- Sequence and expression of chicken and mouse rsk: homologs of Xenopus laevis ribosomal S6 kinaseD A Alcorta
Department of Cellular and Developmental Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138
Mol Cell Biol 9:3850-9. 1989..We propose that this family of genes be named rsk, for ribosomal S6 kinase.
- Salmonella enterica serotype Typhimurium carrying hybrid virulence-resistance plasmids (pUO-StVR): a new multidrug-resistant group endemic in SpainAna Herrero
Departamento de Biologia Funcional, Area de Microbiologia, Facultad de Medicina, University of Oviedo, C Julián Clavería No 6, E 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Int J Med Microbiol 298:253-61. 2008..2000bp; (iii) the spvC, rck, samA, oriT, traT, traX, repA (RepFIIA), and parA/B genes (but not rsk and pefABCD) of pSLT; (iv) a hybrid plasmid of ca...
- Enzastaurin, a protein kinase C beta inhibitor, suppresses signaling through the ribosomal S6 kinase and bad pathways and induces apoptosis in human gastric cancer cellsKeun Wook Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Cancer Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Cancer Res 68:1916-26. 2008..Although the p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (Rsk) was also dephosphorylated, Erk phosphorylation was not affected in the enzastaurin-treated gastric cancer cells...
- Bub1 is activated by the protein kinase p90(Rsk) during Xenopus oocyte maturationM S Schwab
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado, School of Medicine, 4200 East Ninth Ave, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Curr Biol 11:141-50. 2001..of meiotic metaphase arrest by cytostatic factor (CSF) is mediated by MAPK activation of the protein kinase p90(Rsk), which leads to inhibition of the APC...
- The selectivity of protein kinase inhibitors: a further updateJenny Bain
Division of Signal Transduction Therapy, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 408:297-315. 2007..glycogen synthase kinase 3), BI-D1870 and SL0101 or FMK (fluoromethylketone) to be used in parallel to inhibit RSK (ribosomal S6 kinase), D4476 to inhibit CK1 (casein kinase 1), VX680 to inhibit Aurora kinases, and roscovitine as ..
- Selectin inhibition modulates Akt/MAPK signaling and chemokine expression after liver ischemia-reperfusionLuis H Toledo-Pereyra
Borgess Research Institute, Michigan State University Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49048, USA
J Invest Surg 17:303-13. 2004..Chemokine expression (MIP-1alpha, MIP-1beta, MIP-2 and KC), Akt, MAPK (p44/p42), and RSK expressions were also measured in liver tissue by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) and Western blot ..
- Alteration of a cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase phosphorylation site in the c-Fos protein augments its transforming potentialI Tratner
Molecular Biology and Virology Laboratory, Salk Institute, San Diego, California 92186 5800
Mol Cell Biol 12:998-1006. 1992..We propose that phosphorylation of Fos by PKA is an important regulatory step in controlling its activity in normal cell growth and differentiation...
- Novel mutations in Rsk-2, the gene for Coffin-Lowry syndrome (CLS)F Abidi
Center for Molecular Studies, JC Self Research Institute for Human Genetics, Greenwood Genetics Center, SC, USA
Eur J Hum Genet 7:20-6. 1999..CLS had previously been mapped to Xp22.2. Recently, mutations in the ribosomal S6 kinase (Rsk-2) gene were shown to be associated with CLS...
- A phosphoserine-regulated docking site in the protein kinase RSK2 that recruits and activates PDK1M Frodin
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Glostrup Hospital, DK 2600 Glostrup, Denmark
EMBO J 19:2924-34. 2000..protein kinase-1 (PDK1) through phosphorylation of Ser227, and phosphorylates the substrates of RSK. Here, we identify Ser386 in the hydrophobic motif of RSK2 as a phosphorylation-dependent docking site and ..
- Creation of a stress-activated p90 ribosomal S6 kinase. The carboxyl-terminal tail of the MAPK-activated protein kinases dictates the signal transduction pathway in which they functionJ A Smith
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and the Markey Center for Cell Signaling, Departments of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 275:31588-93. 2000..It is apparent that mechanisms controlling events downstream of the proline-directed MAPKs involve specific MAPK docking sites within the carboxyl termini of the MAPKAPKs that determine the cascade in which the MAPKAPK functions...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/AKT-mediated activation of estrogen receptor alpha: a new model for anti-estrogen resistanceR A Campbell
Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 276:9817-24. 2001..Taken together, these results define a molecular link between activation of the PI 3-kinase/AKT survival pathways, hormone-independent activation of ERalpha, and inhibition of tamoxifen-induced apoptotic regression...
- 14-3-3 Binding to Na+/H+ exchanger isoform-1 is associated with serum-dependent activation of Na+/H+ exchangeS Lehoux
Center for Cardiovascular Research and Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 276:15794-800. 2001..activation of the exchanger is dependent on phosphorylation of serine 703 (Ser(P)(703)) by p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK)...
- p90Rsk is not involved in cytostatic factor arrest in mouse oocytesJulien Dumont
Equipe Divisions Méiotiques chez la souris, UMR7622, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
J Cell Biol 169:227-31. 2005..In Xenopus oocytes, p90Rsk (ribosomal S6 kinase), a MAPK substrate, is the main mediator of CSF activity...
- Influence of rhamnose substituents on the potency of SL0101, an inhibitor of the Ser/Thr kinase, RSKJeffrey A Smith
Center for Cell Signaling, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 14:6034-42. 2006..2006, 14, 3974-3977.]. This flavonoid glycoside, termed SL0101, is a specific inhibitor of p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK) with a dissociation constant of 1 microM...
- Inhibition of ERK-MAP kinase signaling by RSK during Drosophila developmentMyungjin Kim
Department of Biological Sciences, National Creative Research Initiatives Center for Cell Growth Regulation, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Yusong, Taejon, Korea
EMBO J 25:3056-67. 2006Although p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK) is known as an important downstream effector of the ribosomal protein S6 kinase/extracellular signal-regulated kinase (Ras/ERK) pathway, its endogenous role, and precise molecular function remain ..
- Regulation of mucin gene expression by CREB via a nonclassical retinoic acid signaling pathwaySeung Wook Kim
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, Unit 432, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:6933-47. 2007..the activation signal to CREB via the Raf/MEK/extracellular signal-regulated kinase/p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK) pathway. Activated RSK translocated from the cytoplasm to the nucleus, where it phosphorylates CREB...
- Interactions Between p90 Ribosomal S6 Kinase and Protein Kinase ATarun B Patel; Fiscal Year: 2010..The upregulation of RSK1 and RSK2 also predisposes cells to transformation and tumor formation...
- RSK Regulation of NFATc and Cardiac Myocyte HypertrophyAlejandra Negro; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recent evidence suggests that p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK) might be an important regulator of cardiac myocyte hypertrophy...
- Mitogen-activated Protein Kinases and NF-kB Activation in Vascular Smooth MuscleBingbing Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed studies will determine (i) how RSK1, a kinase downstream of ERK, and I:B kinases regulate the duration and amplitude of NF-:B activation through ..
- RSK-2 regulates integrin-mediated adhesion and migrationJOE WILLIAM RAMOS; Fiscal Year: 2013..RSKs are large kinases consisting of two kinase domains. The regulation of RSK activity is complex and requires phosphorylation at several sites including auto-phosphorylation...
- Mechanism and role of DLC-1 tumor suppressor loss in lung cancerChanning J Der; Fiscal Year: 2012..How this domain may regulate DLC-1 activity, and whether MEK-ERK-RSK protein kinase and PI3K-AKT lipid kinase signaling pathway-mediated phosphorylation of DLC-1 may regulate DLC-1 ..
- Yogesh Dwivedi; Fiscal Year: 2016..aim to examine whether: 1) hypoactive ERK1/2 will lead to altered activation of substrates p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK) and mitogen- and stress-activated kinase (MSK) and their mediated transactivation of transcription factors and ..
- C/EBP beta SIGNALS HEPATOCYTE PROLIFERATION AND SURVIVALMario Chojkier; Fiscal Year: 2012..kinaseC (PKC)-o_ mediate their effects on hepatocyte proliferation, through the activation of ribosomal S6-kinase (RSK)- 2 and phosphorylation of C/EBPI3 on its activation domain...
- Mario Chojkier; Fiscal Year: 2014..recently determined that phosphorylation of C/EBPb-Thr217 on its transactivation domain by ribosomal S6-kinase (RSK)-2 plays a major role in inducing liver macrophage M1 ('classical', 'pro-inflammatory') ..
- C/EBP-beta PEPTIDES FOR THE TREATMENT OF LIVER INJURY AND FIBROSISMario Chojkier; Fiscal Year: 2013..the leucine zipper domains are required for these effects;and iii] that a cell permeant tetrapeptide containing the RSK phosphoacceptor domain of C/EBP[unreadable] is sufficient to replicate these effects ...
- GENES CONTROLLING PIGMENTATIONRuth Halaban; Fiscal Year: 1999..e., the MAPK cascade (mitogen-activated protein kinase), the serine/threonine ribosomal S6 kinases p70S6K and p90RSK, and the transcription factor CREB(cyclic AMP/Ca++-responsive element binding protein)...
- KGF and Protection from Hyperoxic Lung InjuryPrabir Ray; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have identified intracellular molecules such as PAK4 and p90RSK that interact with the KGF receptor (KGFR)and induce pro-survivalmechanisms in lung epithelial cells...
- Mechanism of RANTES-mediated Astrocyte ActivationMartin Dorf; Fiscal Year: 2007..The role of membrane TNF and its two receptors will also be examined. Aim #2 focuses on the role of p90RSK in signaling...
- LINKING OF PROTEIN TYROSINE AND SERINE PHOSPHORYLATIONEDWIN KREBS; Fiscal Year: 1999..referred to as MEK; (3) MAPK itself (MAPK); and (4) several MAPK- activated kinases, the most studied of which is p90rsk, or RSK...
- The CRE/CREB Pathway and Visual Cortical PlasticityTony Pham; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our hypotheses are that regulation of CRE/CREB signaling underlies the loss of plasticity with age and that ERK, p90RSK, and CREB play distinct roles in the plasticity mechanism...
- Recruitment and activation of RSK2 by HIV TatMelanie Ott; Fiscal Year: 2006..We have recently obtained the first selective cell-permeable RSK inhibitor generated by the laboratory of Jack Taunton at the University of California San Francisco...
- ERK/MAPK Signaling and Circadian Clock EntrainmentGREGORY BUTCHER; Fiscal Year: 2005..how MAPK signaling affects the clock, I have compiled data indicating that members of the p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK) and mitogen and stress activated kinase (MSK) families function as MAPK-regulated kinases in the SCN...
- Inhibitors of p90RskSIDNEY HECHT; Fiscal Year: 2009..term goals of this work include the development of an understanding of the role(s) of the ser/thr protein kinase Rsk family in signal transduction within the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway, and the identification of ..
- MITOGENIC AND ONCOGENIC REGULATION OF ERK/RSK SIGNALINGJohn Blenis; Fiscal Year: 2012The basic goals of this research effort are to understand how signaling protein kinases like RSK and ERK, contribute to normal biological processes such as the regulation of cell migration, growth, proliferation and survival...
- John Blenis; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Signaling by the ERK-MAP kinases and RSK family of protein kinases plays a significant role in the regulation of processes controlling cell growth and proliferation, cell migration and invasion, cell ..
- Meira Epplein; Fiscal Year: 2016..Replication of these results in other populations, particularly other high-rsk East Asian populations who may be colonized by similar Asian strains, would enhance the possibility of utilizing ..
- COMBINING TESTOSTERONE THERAPY AND EXERCISE TO IMPROVE FUNCTION POST HIP FRACTUREKenneth B Schechtman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Such individuals are at high rsk for continued supportive services, recurrent injury, and institutionalization...
- Edward T Kipreos; Fiscal Year: 2015..p27 levels through an indirect mechanism by negatively regulating the levels of the Ras pathway effectors RSK1 and RSK2...
- FANXIU ZHU; Fiscal Year: 2015..2) We will define the functional roles of sustained activation of ERK/RSK signaling by ORF45 in the KSHV lytic cycle...
- Development of RSK Inhibitors as Novel Therapeutics for Yersinia pestisJeffrey Smith; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed research is designed to develop our novel anti-infective agent toward clinical application as an anti-Yersinia pestis agent. ..
- Defective nuclear FGFR1 signaling - a new model for PDMICHAL STACHOWIAK; Fiscal Year: 2003..proteins directly from the cytoplasm to the cell nucleus: Nuclear FGFR1, interacts with Ribosomal S6 Kinase-1 (RSK-1) and stimulate transcription of different genes...
- Michal Nagiec; Fiscal Year: 2014..ERK mutants that promote proliferation favor activation of the ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK), while ERK mutants that drive differentiation activate immediate early gene products (IEG), including Fra1...
- Motion and Sleep: Neuropsychology and BiomarkersRobert Kennedy; Fiscal Year: 2002..This research will clearly result in highly competitive technologies for RSK Assessments which are expected to be first to market...
- MOTOR DENERVATION, MUSCLE ATROPHY, AND INSULINJohn Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 2000..MAP kinase, rsk-2, p70s6k, and GSK-3, are representative elements of several important signal transduction pathways that are ..
- Transcriptional Regulation of Osteoclasts by MitfYi Ling Lin; Fiscal Year: 2005..MAPK and Rsk/PKA have previously been demonstrated to phosphorylate Mitf in melanocytes, which resulting in Mitf activation...
- HEPATIC FIBROSIS: MOLECULAR MECHANISMSMario Chojkier; Fiscal Year: 2009..Activation of ribosomal S6-kinase (RSK)- 2 and phosphorylation of C/EBP( on its activation domain plays a major role in cell survival, at least in part, ..
- Validation of a RSK-inhibitor as a Novel Therapeutic forJeffrey Smith; Fiscal Year: 2005..have demonstrated the direct interaction of YopM with two intracellular targets, ribosomal S6 protein kinase 1 (RSK1) and protein kinase C-like 2 (PRK2)...
- Substrate specific ERK docking domain inhibitorsPaul S Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2010..Several compounds identified inhibited ERK-specific phosphorylation of ribosomal S6 kinase-1 (RSK-1) and the transcription factor ELK-1, both of which promote cell proliferation...
- Regulation of Cell Signaling and AdhesionJOE RAMOS; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ERK substrate RSK-2 is also a PEA-15 binding partner and PEA-15 enhances ERK activation of RSK-2...
- Identification of inhibitors for the Rsk2 protein kinaseDeborah Lannigan; Fiscal Year: 2003..However, there are no known inhibitors of the pp90-kDa ribosomal S6 Ser/Thr protein kinase (Rsk) family, which are important downstream effectors of MAPK...
- The involvement of p90-RSK in the deregulation of p27Michelle Larrea; Fiscal Year: 2007..I will be investigating whether p90-RSK1, a serine/threonine kinase that is activated by both the MAPK pathway and by the PI3K pathway, is involved in ..
- S6 Phosphorylation & Tyrosine Protein KinasesJAMES MALLER; Fiscal Year: 2004..CSF arrest can be elicited by expression of components of the MAPK pathway, including the MAPK substrate p9ORsk. p90Rsk phosphorylates and activates the spindle assembly checkpoint component Bub1...
- CONTROL OF CELL DIVISION IN XENOPUS OOCYTESJAMES MALLER; Fiscal Year: 2003..Further work will examine the regulation, localization, and targets of PIx1 and identify kinases that activate xPIkk1. ..
- REGULATION OF CARBAMYL PHOSPH SYNTHETASES BY MAP KINASELee Graves; Fiscal Year: 2002..Eventually with the design of potent and selective inhibitors of growth factor-activated kinase signaling pathways, novel strategies for the regulation of nucleotide metabolism and cell growth may be achieved. ..
- Functional contribution of neural stem cells in strokeKunlin Jin; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION BY TYROSINE KINASESMichael Weber; Fiscal Year: 2001..These investigations will assess a) the role of PI 3-kinase b) the regulation of stress kinases, c) the participation of the bcl-2 family in IGF-I receptor signaling, and d) the role of a newly identified MEK activator. ..
- MURINE MODELS OF TSC 1: MECHANISMS AND THERAPIESDavid Kwiatkowski; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- EICOSANOIDS AND NO IN CEREBROVASCULAR THROMBOSISKenneth Wu; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is intended that this program will enable several laboratories to work individually and together to achieve the highest degree of innovating and productivity. ..
- Osteocyte control of bone formation via SostTERESITA M BELLIDO; Fiscal Year: 2010..We expect that this work will provide opportunities for the development of novel therapeutic approaches leading to bone anabolism through actions on osteocytes. ..
- GELSOLIN: ROLES IN APOPTOSIS AND TUMOR DEVELOPMENTDavid Kwiatkowski; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results should provide major insight into the function of gelsolin in these processes and provide potential therapeutic strategies to modulate apoptosis and malignant potential. ..
- REGULATION OF PROTEIN TURNOVER IN SEPSISScot R Kimball; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Tuberous Sclerosis: Mutations and Murine ModelsDavid Kwiatkowski; Fiscal Year: 2006..Last, the in vivo interaction in the mouse between Tsc2 null alleles and null alleles for p53, p27KIP, p21CIP, Msh2, and gelsolin will be explored. ..
- GENOTYPING CENTER FOR INNATE IMMUNITY PGADavid Kwiatkowski; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Renal Cell Injury in DiabetesKaren Block; Fiscal Year: 2008..Elucidating these events may allow future modulation of the enzymatic complex(es) to prevent oxidative stress implicated in cellular injury in diabetes. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Androgen and Growth Factor Signaling in Prostate CancerMichael Weber; Fiscal Year: 2008..This research will be informative with respect to understanding the integration of steroid and growth factor signaling, as well as in identifying the optimal therapeutic targets for advanced prostate cancer. ..
- Regulation of Nucleoside Transporters by Protein KinasesLee Graves; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aim #2. Elucidate the promoter elements necessary for the expression of ENT1 and ENT2. Aim #3. Examine the specific roles of ENTs in growth, differentiation and chemosensitization . ..
- Prosaposin, a novel tumor marker for prostate cancerShahriar Koochekpour; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Arachidonic Acid Metabolism in Blood and Vascular CellsJun Yang Liou; Fiscal Year: 2006..Information provided by studies from this renewal application will have great impact on understanding the fundamental cytoprotection process and offer an excellent opportunity for developing new therapeutic agents. ..
- Preclinical Studies of Rapamycin for TSC Brain DiseaseDavid Kwiatkowski; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will provide critical preclinical data that will support the use of rapamycin or analogues in the treatment of TSC patients with cortical tubers and subependymal giant cell astrocytomas. ..