Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PAI-1
Description: serpin family E member 1
Alias: PAI, PAI-1, PAI1, PLANH1, plasminogen activator inhibitor 1, endothelial plasminogen activator inhibitor, serine (or cysteine) proteinase inhibitor, clade E (nexin, plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1), member 1, serpin E1, serpin peptidase inhibitor, clade E (nexin, plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1), member 1
Publications384 found, 100 shown here
- The plasminogen activator system and cancerBrandon McMahon
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 36:184-94. 2008..Among the inhibitors of fibrinolysis, PAI-1 is a major player in the pathogenesis of many vascular diseases as well as in cancer...
- The miR-143/-145 cluster regulates plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in bladder cancerS B Villadsen
Department of Molecular Biology, Aarhus University, C F Møllers Allé Build, 1130, Aarhus C 8000, Denmark
Br J Cancer 106:366-74. 2012Upregulation of the proto-oncogene plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) is a common hallmark of various solid tumours, but the mechanisms controlling its expression are not fully understood.
- Inactivation of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 by specific proteolysis with stromelysin-1 (MMP-3)H R Lijnen
Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology and Laboratory for Pharmaceutical Biology and Phytopharmacology, University of Leuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Biol Chem 275:37645-50. 2000..Ser(337)-Ser(338) (P10-P9) and Val(341)-Ile(342) (P6-P5) peptide bonds in human plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1). Cleavage is completely abolished in the presence of the metal chelators EDTA or 1,10-phenanthroline...
- Sphingosine-1-phosphate and interleukin-1 independently regulate plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 and urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor expression in glioblastoma cells: implications for invasivenessLauren Bryan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Mol Cancer Res 6:1469-77. 2008..the plasminogen activator system proteins, including the urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA), plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1), and a receptor for uPA (uPAR)...
- Thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor genetic polymorphisms as markers of the type of acute coronary syndromeDolors Tassies
Hemotherapy and Hemostasis Department, Hospital Clinic, Villarroel 170 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Thromb Res 124:614-8. 2009..The aim of the study was to investigate the role of genetic polymorphisms in key proteins in fibrinolysis in the type of acute coronary syndrome...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 gene polymorphism and sepsisP W M Hermans
Department of Pediatrics, Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam Sophia, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Infect Dis 41:S453-8. 2005Plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) is a 50-kilodalton glycoprotein of the serine protease inhibitor family. The primary role of PAI-1 in vivo is the inhibition of both tissue- and urokinase-type plasminogen activators...
- Genome-wide association study for circulating levels of PAI-1 provides novel insights into its regulationJie Huang
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute NHBLI Framingham Heart Study, Framingham, MA 01702, USA
Blood 120:4873-81. 2012..study to identify novel associations between genetic variants and circulating plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) concentration, and examined functional implications of variants and genes that were discovered...
- Essential role of plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 in radiation enteropathyFabien Milliat
Laboratory of Radiopathology, Institute for Radiological Protection and Nuclear Safety, Fontenay aux Roses Unité Propre de Recherche et de l Enseignement Supérieur, Equipe d Accueil 2710, France
Am J Pathol 172:691-701. 2008..involved in radiation-induced damage, we hypothesized that its target gene, plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1), is an essential mediator of intestinal radiation toxicity...
- Comparative proteomic analysis of PAI-1 and TNF-alpha-derived endothelial microparticlesDanielle B Peterson
Department of Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin and Children s Research Institute, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Proteomics 8:2430-46. 2008..generated from human umbilical vein endothelial cells by stimulation with plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) or tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) and subjected to proteomic analysis by LC/MS...
- Diabetic retinopathy, PAI-1 4G/5G and -844G/A polymorphisms, and changes in circulating PAI-1 levels in Tunisian type 2 diabetes patientsI Ezzidi
Faculty of Pharmacy of Monastir, University of Monastir, Monastir, Tunisia
Diabetes Metab 35:214-9. 2009The association of altered plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI)-1 levels and PAI-1 polymorphisms (4G/5G and -844G/A) with diabetic retinopathy (DR) was investigated in 856 type 2 diabetes (T2D) patients, of whom 383 presented with (DR ..
- Nox4 mediates the expression of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 via p38 MAPK pathway in cultured human endothelial cellsAmandine Jaulmes
Division of Angiology, Servier Research Institute, 11 rue des Moulineaux, Suresnes, France
Thromb Res 124:439-46. 2009Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) is the most potent endogenous inhibitor of fibrinolysis which is implicated in the pathogenesis of myocardial infarction and metabolic syndrome...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 regulates microglial motility and phagocytic activityHyejin Jeon
Department of Pharmacology, Brain Science and Engineering Institute, CMRI, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, 101 Dong In, Daegu, Joong Gu, 700 422, South Korea
J Neuroinflammation 9:149. 2012Plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) is the primary inhibitor of urokinase type plasminogen activators (uPA) and tissue type plasminogen activators (tPA), which mediate fibrinolysis...
- Association of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 and tissue plasminogen activator with type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome in Malaysian subjectsZaid Al-Hamodi
Department of Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Cardiovasc Diabetol 10:23. 2011Increased plasma plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) activity and decreased tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) activity could be considered a true component of the metabolic syndrome (MetS) associated with an increased risk of ..
- Historical analysis of PAI-1 from its discovery to its potential role in cell motility and diseaseClaudia Dellas
Department of Cellular Biology, Division of Vascular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Thromb Haemost 93:631-40. 2005Although plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) is one of the primary regulators of the fibrinolytic system, it also has dramatic effects on cell adhesion, detachment and migration...
- Co-detection of members of the urokinase plasminogen activator system in tumour tissue and serum correlates with a poor prognosis for soft-tissue sarcoma patientsH Taubert
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Plastic Surgery, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Germany
Br J Cancer 102:731-7. 2010..However, effects of co-expression of members of the uPA system in soft-tissue sarcoma (STS) patients at the protein level in both tumour tissue and serum have not been investigated yet...
- Involvement of miR-30c and miR-301a in immediate induction of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 by placental growth factor in human pulmonary endothelial cellsNitin Patel
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Biochem J 434:473-82. 2011b>PAI-1 (plasminogen activator inhibitor-1) is a key physiological inhibitor of fibrinolysis...
- Allele-specific increase in basal transcription of the plasminogen-activator inhibitor 1 gene is associated with myocardial infarctionP Eriksson
King Gustaf V Research Institute, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:1851-5. 1995Increased plasminogen-activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) activity is a common finding in patients with coronary heart disease. Here we provide evidence for an independent, etiological role of PAI-1 in myocardial infarction...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor 1: physiological and pathophysiological rolesBernd R Binder
Department of Vascular Biology and Thrombosis Research, University of Vienna, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
News Physiol Sci 17:56-61. 2002b>Plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) inhibits plasminogen activators (u-PA and t-PA) by forming stable complexes endocytosed via a low-density lipoprotein receptor superfamily member-dependent mechanism...
- Promoter (4G/5G) plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 genotype and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 levels in blacks, Hispanics, and non-Hispanic whites: the Insulin Resistance Atherosclerosis StudyAndreas Festa
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78228 3900, USA
Circulation 107:2422-7. 2003The 4G/5G polymorphism of the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) gene has been related to cardiovascular disease.
- A long-acting glucagon-like peptide-1 analogue attenuates induction of plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 and vascular adhesion moleculesHongbin Liu
Australian Centre for Blood Diseases, Monash University, Prahran, Melbourne, Victoria
J Endocrinol 201:59-66. 2009..diabetic patients and inhibits tumour necrosis factor alpha (TNF)-mediated plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 (PAI-1) induction in human vascular endothelial cells...
- Tumour budding, uPA and PAI-1 are associated with aggressive behaviour in colon cancerB Märkl
Institute of Pathology, Klinikum Augsburg, Augsburg, Germany
J Surg Oncol 102:235-41. 2010The proteases PAI-1 and uPA play a major role in extracellular matrix degradation, which facilitates tumour progression. Tumour budding is a histomorphological expression of enhanced tumour cell migration.
- Relationship between gene polymorphism of the PAI-1 promoter and myocardial infarctionL Fu
Cardiovascular Disease Department, Harbin First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150001, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 114:266-9. 2001To investigate the association between gene polymorphism of the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) and myocardial infarction (MI) in Chinese.
- Evidence for a pre-latent form of the serpin plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 with a detached beta-strand 1CDaniel M Dupont
Laboratory of Cellular Protein Science, Department of Molecular Biology, University of Aarhus, Gustav Wieds Vej 10C, DK 8000 Arhus C, Denmark
J Biol Chem 281:36071-81. 2006Latency transition of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) occurs spontaneously in the absence of proteases and results in stabilization of the molecule through insertion of its reactive center loop (RCL) as a strand in beta-sheet A ..
- The effect of the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 4G/5G polymorphism on the thrombotic riskArgirios E Tsantes
Laboratory of Hematology and Blood Bank Unit, Attikon General Hospital, School of Medicine, University of Athens, Greece
Thromb Res 122:736-42. 2008Plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-1), is the central component of the fibrinolytic system. A deletion/insertion (4G/5G) polymorphism in the promoter region of the PAI-1 gene has been correlated with levels of plasma PAI-1...
- Cloning and sequence of a cDNA coding for the human beta-migrating endothelial-cell-type plasminogen activator inhibitorT Ny
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 83:6776-80. 1986..immunologically using an antibody probe developed against the beta-migrating plasminogen activator inhibitor (beta-PAI) purified from cultured bovine aortic endothelial cells...
- The organization of the human-plasminogen-activator-inhibitor-1 gene. Implications on the evolution of the serine-protease inhibitor familyL Strandberg
Department of Applied Cell and Molecular Biology, Umea University, Sweden
Eur J Biochem 176:609-16. 1988b>Plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) is a member of the serine protease inhibitor super family (SERPINS) which is thought to play an integral role in the control of plasminogen activation...
- The structural basis for the pathophysiological relevance of PAI-I in cardiovascular diseases and the development of potential PAI-I inhibitorsAnn Gils
Laboratory for Pharmaceutical Biology and Phytopharmacology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, E Van Evenstraat 4, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Thromb Haemost 91:425-37. 2004Plasminogen activator inhibitor-I (PAI-I) is an important component of the plasminogen/plasmin system as it is the main inhibitor of tissue-type and urokinase-type plasminogen activator...
- The plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) promoter haplotype is related to PAI-1 plasma concentrations in lean individualsMaartje Verschuur
Department of Hematology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Atherosclerosis 181:275-84. 2005Elevated plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) concentrations are associated with cardiovascular diseases. PAI-1 antigen levels are influenced by environmental factors such as body mass index (BMI), and by genetic factors...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 is an intracellular inhibitor of furin proprotein convertaseDenis Bernot
INSERM, U626, Université de Méditerranée, Faculte de Medecine, 27 Boulevard Jean Moulin, 13385 Marseilles Cedex 5, France
J Cell Sci 124:1224-30. 2011..Here, we demonstrate that the serine protease inhibitor plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) forms an SDS-stable complex with the PC furin, which leads to the inhibition of the intra-..
- PAI-1 4G/5G polymorphism and plasma levels association in patients with coronary artery diseaseLuciana Moreira Lima
Departamento de Medicina e Enfermagem, Universidade Federal de Vicosa, Vicosa, MG, Brazil
Arq Bras Cardiol 97:462-389. 2011Type-1 plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-1) 4G/5G polymorphism may influence the PAI-1 expression. High plasma levels of PAI-1 are associated with coronary artery disease (CAD).
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 and vitronectin promote the cellular clearance of thrombin by low density lipoprotein receptor-related proteins 1 and 2S Stefansson
Biochemistry Department, J H Holland Laboratory, American Red Cross, Rockville, Maryland 20855, USA
J Biol Chem 271:8215-20. 1996..cofactor II (HCII), alpha2-macroglobulin (alpha2-M), protease nexin I, and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1)...
- Role of the 4G/5G polymorphism of PaI-1 gene promoter on PaI-1 levels in obese patients: influence of fat distribution and insulin-resistanceM T Sartori
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padua, Italy
Thromb Haemost 86:1161-9. 2001As PAI-1, a cardiovascular risk factor linked to insulin-resistance, may be influenced by a 4G/5G gene polymorphism in disease states, we studied both PAI-1 plasma concentration (PAI-1:Ag) and 4G/5G polymorphism, and their relationship ..
- The plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 -675 4G/5G genotype influences the risk of myocardial infarction associated with elevated plasma proinsulin and insulin concentrations in men from Europe: the HIFMECH studyI Juhan-Vague
Laboratoire d Hematologie, CHU Timone, Inserm EPI 99 36, Marseilles, France
J Thromb Haemost 1:2322-9. 2003Although the potential role of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) in the development of coronary artery disease is strongly supported by its biological characteristics, results of clinical studies remain controversial.
- PAI-1 Gene 4G/5G polymorphism and risk of type 2 diabetes in a population-based sampleJames B Meigs
General Medicine Division, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 14:753-8. 2006Elevated plasma levels of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) increase risk for type 2 diabetes...
- Association of plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI)-1 (SERPINE1) SNPs with myocardial infarction, plasma PAI-1, and metabolic parameters: the HIFMECH studyP E Morange
INSERM, U626, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:2250-7. 2007The purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) gene (SERPINE1) single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) on the risk of myocardial infarction (MI), on PAI-1 levels, and factors related ..
- Cross talk of tumor necrosis factor-alpha and the renin-angiotensin system in tumor necrosis factor-alpha-induced plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 production from hepatocytesYumie Takeshita
Department of Disease Control and Homeostasis, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, Ishikawa, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 579:426-32. 2008..the gene expression of renin-angiotensin system components, together with that of plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI)-1, is upregulated in the liver of patients with obesity and type 2 diabetes...
- Unique secretory dynamics of tissue plasminogen activator and its modulation by plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in vascular endothelial cellsYuko Suzuki
Department of Physiology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Blood 113:470-8. 2009..The addition of PAI-1 dose-dependently facilitated the dissociation of membrane-retained tPA and increased the amounts of tPA-PAI-1 ..
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 promotes inflammatory process induced by cigarette smoke extraction or lipopolysaccharides in alveolar epithelial cellsXia Xu
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, PR China
Exp Lung Res 35:795-805. 2009Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) plays a role in regulating levels of some cytokines and cell migration in addition to its classic role in inhibiting fibrinolysis...
- PAI-1 mediates the TGF-beta1+EGF-induced "scatter" response in transformed human keratinocytesJennifer Freytag
Center for Cell Biology and Cancer Research, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
J Invest Dermatol 130:2179-90. 2010..The most highly expressed transcript, identified by mRNA profiling, encoded plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1; SERPINE1)...
- Genetic variation in hyaluronan metabolism loci is associated with plasma plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 concentrationMatthew B Lanktree
Department of Medicine, Robarts Research Institute and Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
Blood 116:2160-3. 2010Elevated plasma plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) concentration is associated with cardiovascular disease risk...
- Involvement of RAGE, NADPH oxidase, and Ras/Raf-1 pathway in glycated LDL-induced expression of heat shock factor-1 and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in vascular endothelial cellsGanesh V Sangle
Department of Physiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3E 3P4
Endocrinology 151:4455-66. 2010..Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) is the major physiological inhibitor for fibrinolysis, and it is also implicated in inflammation and tissue ..
- Role of tissue plasminogen activator and plasminogen activator inhibitor polymorphism in myocardial infarctionWaqas Ahmed
Department of Biosciences, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Park Road, Islamabad, 45600, Pakistan
Mol Biol Rep 38:2541-8. 2011..of tissue-plasminogen activator (t-PA) (Alu-repeat insertion (I)/deletion (D)) and plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-1) (4G/5G insertion/deletion) polymorphisms with MI in the Pakistani population...
- Metabolic factors, adipose tissue, and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 levels in type 2 diabetes: findings from the look AHEAD studyL Maria Belalcazar
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 1060, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:1689-95. 2011Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) production by adipose tissue is increased in obesity, and its circulating levels are high in type 2 diabetes...
- Ligand-dependent EGFR activation induces the co-expression of IL-6 and PAI-1 via the NFkB pathway in advanced-stage epithelial ovarian cancerC Alberti
Unit of Molecular Therapies, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Oncogene 31:4139-49. 2012..EGFR activated NFkB-dependent transcription and induced secretion of IL-6 and plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-1)...
- Polymorphism 4G/5G in the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) gene is associated with IgE-mediated allergic diseases and asthma in the Czech populationD Buckova
Department of Pathological Physiology, Medical Faculty, Masaryk University Brno, Kom Namesti 2, 662 43 Brno, Czech Republic
Allergy 57:446-8. 2002Plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) is a glycoprotein that belongs to the serine protease inhibitor superfamily and has an essential role in tissue remodeling after inflammation...
- The -675 4G/5G plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 promoter polymorphism in house dust mite-sensitive allergic asthma patientsA Pampuch
Department of Allergology and Internal Medicine, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
Allergy 61:234-8. 2006Plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI)-1 plays an important role in inflammation and tissue remodeling. Recently, the -675 4G/5G PAI-1 polymorphism has been linked with asthma.
- The influence of metabolic syndrome components on plasma PAI-1 concentrations is modified by the PAI-1 4G/5G genotype and ethnicityNitien Hira Naran
Department of Chemical Pathology, National Health Laboratory Service and the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Atherosclerosis 196:155-63. 2008..disease (CAD) is less common in African than Indian or White subjects and elevated plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI)-1 levels may be a risk factor for CAD...
- Association of angiotensin converting enzyme and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 promoter gene polymorphisms with features of the insulin resistance syndrome in patients with premature coronary heart diseaseL Viitanen
Department of Medicine, University of Kuopio, PO Box 1627, 70 211 Kuopio, Finland
Atherosclerosis 157:57-64. 2001..enzyme (ACE) (insertion/deletion (I/D) in intron 16) and of the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) (promoter 4G/5G) genes have been linked with coronary heart disease (CHD) and/or myocardial infarction (MI)...
- PAI-1 polymorphisms modulate phenotypes associated with the metabolic syndrome in obese and diabetic Caucasian populationC Lopes
Hammersmith Genome Centre, Imperial College, London, UK
Diabetologia 46:1284-90. 2003Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) is a main regulator of the endogenous fibrinolytic system and modulates the thrombosis progression...
- The -844 G/A PAI-1 polymorphism is associated with mRNA expression in rheumatoid arthritisNora Magdalena Torres-Carrillo
Instituto de Investigación en Reumatología y del Sistema Músculo Esquelético, Departamento de Biología Molecular y Genómica, Centro Universitario de Ciencias de la Salud, Universidad de Guadalajara, Col Independencia, Guadalajara, Jalisco 44340, Mexico
Rheumatol Int 28:355-60. 2008We assessed whether the -844 G/A polymorphism and mRNA expression of plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) gene are associated with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Differences in plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 in subcutaneous versus omental adipose tissue in non-obese and obese subjectsG He
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism C, Aarhus Kommehospital, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus C, Denmark
Horm Metab Res 35:178-82. 2003Human adipose tissue can produce plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1)...
- Involvement of hypoxia-inducing factor-1alpha-dependent plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 up-regulation in Cyr61/CCN1-induced gastric cancer cell invasionMing Tsan Lin
Department of Primary Care Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 283:15807-15. 2008..HIF-1alpha-regulated invasiveness genes were examined, and we found that only plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) showed a significant increase in mRNA and protein levels in cells overexpressing Cyr61...
- Regulation of plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 expression in human osteoarthritic chondrocytes by fluid shear stress: role of protein kinase CalphaChih Chang Yeh
ChiaYi Veterans Hospital, and Department of Biochemical Science and Technology, National Chiayi University, Chiayi, Taiwan
Arthritis Rheum 60:2350-61. 2009To test a fluid flow system for the investigation of the influence of shear stress on expression of plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) in human osteoarthritic (OA) articular chondrocytes (from lesional and nonlesional sites) and ..
- Polymorphisms in the ACE and PAI-1 genes are associated with recurrent spontaneous miscarriagesT Buchholz
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Grosshadern Hospital, Ludwig Maximilians University, 81377 Munich, Germany
Hum Reprod 18:2473-7. 2003..Fibrinolysis is tightly regulated by plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1)...
- IL-1 and IL-6 induce hepatocyte plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 expression through independent signaling pathways converging on C/EBPdeltaJie Dong
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Colchester Research Facility, University of Vermont, 208 South Park Drive, Colchester, VT 05446, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 292:C209-15. 2007..pathways activated by IL-1 and IL-6 that contribute to increased expression of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), we studied human hepatoma (HepG2) cells and primary mouse hepatocytes...
- Alpha 1-antitrypsin mutations in NAFLD: high prevalence and association with altered iron metabolism but not with liver damageLuca Valenti
Department of Internal Medicine, Ospedale Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena Fondazione IRCCS, Universita di Milano, Italy
Hepatology 44:857-64. 2006..047), AAT mutations favoring sinusoidal iron deposition did not affect liver damage. In conclusion, AAT mutations are associated with hyperferritinemia and sinusoidal iron accumulation, but not with more severe liver damage in NAFLD...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 is protective during severe Gram-negative pneumoniaRosemarijn Renckens
Center for Infection and Immunity Amsterdam, Department of Pathology, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 109:1593-601. 2007Plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 (PAI-1) levels are consistently elevated in patients with severe pneumonia and sepsis and highly predictive for an unfavorable outcome...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 and vitronectin expression level and stoichiometry regulate vascular smooth muscle cell migration through physiological collagen matricesN Garg
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Missouri School of Medicine and Research Service, Harry S Truman Memorial Veterans Affairs Hospital, Columbia, MO, USA
J Thromb Haemost 8:1847-54. 2010Vascular smooth muscle cell (VSMC) migration is a critical process in arterial remodeling. Purified plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) is reported to both promote and inhibit VSMC migration on two-dimensional (D) surfaces.
- 4G/5G polymorphism of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene is associated with mortality in intensive care unit patients with severe pneumoniaAnil Sapru
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Critical Care Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Anesthesiology 110:1086-91. 2009Higher plasma and pulmonary edema fluid levels of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) are associated with increased mortality in patients with pneumonia and acute lung injury...
- Relationship between postrenal transplant osteonecrosis of the femoral head and gene polymorphisms related to the coagulation and fibrinolytic systems in Japanese subjectsTakeshi Asano
Department of Orthopaedics, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Transplantation 77:220-5. 2004..the relationship between the incidence of ONFH and polymorphisms in the genes for plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI)-1, which is one of the major regulatory proteins of the fibrinolytic system, and 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate ..
- Brief report: complete deficiency of plasminogen-activator inhibitor type 1 due to a frame-shift mutationW P Fay
Cardiology Division, Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Hospital, Mich
N Engl J Med 327:1729-33. 1992
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1: reactive center and amino-terminal heterogeneity determined by protein and cDNA sequencingP A Andreasen
FEBS Lett 209:213-8. 1986..the urokinase-type and tissue-type plasminogen activator can convert their approximately 54 kDa type-1 inhibitor (PAI-1) to an inactive form with a lower apparent molecular mass...
- cDNA cloning of human plasminogen activator-inhibitor from endothelial cellsD Ginsburg
J Clin Invest 78:1673-80. 1986Full-length cDNA for plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-1) was isolated from a human umbilical vein endothelial cell (HUVEC) lambda gt11 cDNA library...
- Interfering with the inhibitory mechanism of serpins: crystal structure of a complex formed between cleaved plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 and a reactive-centre loop peptideY Xue
Department of Inorganic Chemistry, Goteborg University, Sweden
Structure 6:627-36. 1998Plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) is an important endogenous regulator of the fibrinolytic system. Reduction of PAI-1 activity has been shown to enhance dissolution of blood clots...
- Acute phase protein alpha 1-acid glycoprotein interacts with plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 and stabilizes its inhibitory activityJ Boncela
Center for Microbiology and Virology, Polish Academy of Sciences 93 232 Lodz, Poland
J Biol Chem 276:35305-11. 2001..one of the major acute phase proteins, was found to interact with plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) and to stabilize its inhibitory activity toward plasminogen activators...
- The impact of the PAI-1 A((-844))G promoter polymorphism on the risk and extent of coronary heart diseaseAndrea Haselbauer
Thromb Haemost 88:697-8. 2002
- Evaluation of low PAI-1 activity as a risk factor for hemorrhagic diathesisA Agren
Department of Hematology, Coagulation Unit, King Gustaf V Research Institute, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Thromb Haemost 4:201-8. 2006Prospective studies of the epidemiology and clinical significance of low plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) activity are lacking.
- The plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) gene -844 A/G and -675 4G/5G promoter polymorphism significantly influences plasma PAI-1 levels in women with polycystic ovary syndromeSun Lin
Department of Reproductive Endocrinology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, No 23 Youzheng Street, Harbin, 150001 Heilongjiang, China
Endocrine 36:503-9. 2009Mutations in the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) gene, along with increased PAI-1 levels, have been implicated in the pathogenesis of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)...
- Effects of altered plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 expression on cardiovascular diseaseVictoria A Ploplis
W M Keck Center for Transgene Research and Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, USA
Curr Drug Targets 12:1782-9. 2011Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) is a multifunctional protein with the ability to not only regulate fibrinolysis through inhibition of plasminogen activation, but also cell signaling events which have direct downstream effects ..
- Functionally stable plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in a family with cardiovascular disease and vitiligoMehmet Agirbasli
Department of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, Marmara University Hospital, Yeşilbahar Sok 68 14 Palmiye Apt, Göztepe Kadıköy, 34726, Istanbul, Turkey
J Thromb Thrombolysis 38:50-6. 2014..In this study, we investigated PAI-1 antigen (Ag) and activity levels in a 34 year old male with extensive vascular disease, alopecia areata and ..
- The prevalence of 4G/5G polymorphism of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) gene in central serous chorioretinopathy and its association with plasma PAI-1 levelsEsin Sögütlü Sari
Ophthalmology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Balikesir University, Balikesir, Turkey
Cutan Ocul Toxicol 33:270-4. 2014..understood disease and the choroidal circulation abnormality induced by the plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) seems to be associated with the pathogenesis...
- Human plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) deficiency: characterization of a large kindred with a null mutation in the PAI-1 geneW P Fay
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, USA
Blood 90:204-8. 1997Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), the primary inhibitor of tissue- and urokinase-type plasminogen activators, is considered a critical regulator of the fibrinolytic system...
- The 4G/4G genotype of the 4G/5G polymorphism of the type-1 plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-1) gene is a determinant of penetrating behaviour in patients with Crohn's diseaseM Sans
Department of Gastroenterology, Institut de Malalties Digestives, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Barcelona, Spain
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 17:1039-47. 2003..Crohn's disease is a heterogeneous disorder with polygenic inheritance...
- Association between plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 gene polymorphisms and preeclampsiaDora Fabbro
Department of Biomedical Science and Technology, University of Udine, Udine General Hospital, Piazzale Kolbe 1, IT 33100 Udine, Italy
Gynecol Obstet Invest 56:17-22. 2003It is known that the plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) protein levels are increased in placentas of preeclamptic subjects...
- Preeclampsia and its interaction with common variants in thrombophilia genesM P M De Maat
Department of Hematology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 2:1588-93. 2004..Polymorphisms in the thrombophilia genes [plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 [PAI-1 -675(4G/5G)], thrombin activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor (TAFI -438G/A and 1040C/T), methylenetetrahydrofolate ..
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1: a common denominator in obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular diseaseBart De Taeye
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Curr Opin Pharmacol 5:149-54. 2005..with increased production of the primary inhibitor of endogenous thrombolysis, plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1)...
- Indication of a role of plasminogen activator inhibitor type I in protecting murine fibrosarcoma cells against apoptosisMaria Unni Rømer
Institute of Veterinary Pathobiology, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Thromb Haemost 94:859-66. 2005In a number of cancer types high tumor tissue levels of plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) protein are strongly associated with shorter cancer patient survival...
- Genetic polymorphisms at FCER1B and PAI-1 and asthma susceptibilityN Hizawa
First Department of Medicine, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Clin Exp Allergy 36:872-6. 2006..A genetic interaction is biologically plausible between FcepsilonRI-beta and the plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1), which is highly expressed in mast cells in asthmatics and plays an essential role in airway ..
- Relationship between polymorphisms in thrombophilic genes and preeclampsia in a Brazilian populationC A Dalmáz
Departamento de Genetica, Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Caixa Postal 15053, 91 501 970 Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Blood Cells Mol Dis 37:107-10. 2006..11, 95% CI 0.89-73.92; factor V Leiden (FV Leiden) OR 3.94, 95% CI 0.35-44.23; plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-1) 4G/4G genotype, OR 1.63, 95% CI 0.87-3.05] not even with severe preeclampsia subgroup analysis...
- The impact of the PAI-1 4G/5G polymorphism on the outcome of patients with ALI/ARDSIraklis Tsangaris
2nd Department of Critical Care Medicine, Attikon Hospital, Medical School, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Thromb Res 123:832-6. 2009Increased levels of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) have been associated with worse outcome in ALI/ARDS...
- Venous thrombosis risk associated with plasma hypofibrinolysis is explained by elevated plasma levels of TAFI and PAI-1Mirjam E Meltzer
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Hematology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Blood 116:113-21. 2010..Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) levels were the main determinants of CLT, followed by plasminogen, thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor (..
- Silencing of DLC1 upregulates PAI-1 expression and reduces migration in normal prostate cellsYi Ping Shih
Center for Tissue Regeneration and Repair, University of California Davis, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Mol Cancer Res 10:34-9. 2012..This migration defect is mainly due to upregulation of plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1). Silencing of PAI-1 rescues the shDLC1-reduced migration phenotype...
- Relationship of metabolic syndrome and its components with -844 G/A and HindIII C/G PAI-1 gene polymorphisms in Mexican childrenUlises De la Cruz-Mosso
Unidad Académica de Ciencias Químico Biológicas, Universidad Autonoma de Guerrero, Avenida Lázaro Cárdenas s n, Ciudad Universitaria, Chilpancingo, Guerrero CP 39090, Mexico
BMC Pediatr 12:41. 2012Several association studies have shown that -844 G/A and HindIII C/G PAI-1 polymorphisms are related with increase of PAI-1 levels, obesity, insulin resistance, glucose intolerance, hypertension and dyslipidemia, which are components of ..
- Promoter polymorphisms of SERPINE1 are associated with the antidepressant response to depression in Alzheimer's diseaseYu Fang
Key Disciplines Laboratory Clinical Medicine Henan, Department of Emergency, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, PR China
Neurosci Lett 516:217-20. 2012..of the tissue plasminogen activator/brain-derived neurotrophic factor axis, plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) is involved in the pathogenesis of both AD and depression...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene polymorphism in Iranian Azeri Turkish patients with FMF disease and its association with amyloidosisM Bonyadi
Center of Excellence for Biodiversity, Faculty of Natural Sciences, University of Tabriz, Tabriz, Iran
Eur J Pediatr 172:91-8. 2013..b>Plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) is a key element in the inhibition of fibrinolysis by inactivating tissue-type and urokinase-..
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 4G/5G and -844G/A variants in idiopathic recurrent pregnancy lossKalthoum Magdoud
Research Unit of Hematological and Autoimmune Diseases, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Monastir, Monastir, Tunisia
Am J Reprod Immunol 70:246-52. 2013Plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) regulates fibrinolysis, and the common promoter region variants -675G/A (4G/5G) and -844G/A are associated with increased thrombotic risk...
- Prognostic value of pre-surgical plasma PAI-1 (plasminogen activator inhibitor-1) levels in breast cancerRaffaele Palmirotta
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Advanced Biotechnologies, IRCCS San Raffaele Pisana, via della Pisana 235, Rome, Italy
Thromb Res 124:403-8. 2009Plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-1) may have an independent prognostic value in breast cancer (BC). PAI-1 4G/5G polymorphism may have significance for antigen expression...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) activity and retinal vascular calibre in type 2 diabetesL Brazionis
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, St Vincent s Hospital, Australia
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 87:192-9. 2010To describe relationships of retinal vascular calibre with plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) and other cardiovascular risk factors in people with type 2 diabetes.
- Plasma PAI-1 levels in obese children--effect of weight loss and influence of PAI-1 promoter 4G/5G genotypeA Estelles
Research Center, La Fe University Hospital, Valencia, Spain
Thromb Haemost 86:647-52. 2001An association between an increase in plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) and obesity, and also between elevated levels of PAI-1 and the presence of PAI-1 promoter 4G allele has been described in adults and can contribute to ..
- [Association of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene 4G/5G polymorphism and coronary heart disease in Chinese patients]Lixue Guan
Weifang People s Hospital, Weifang, Shandong, 261041 P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 19:393-6. 2002To assess whether the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) gene 4G/5G polymorphism is associated with coronary heart disease (CHD) in Chinese patients.
- Distribution of --844 G/A and Hind III C/G PAI-1 polymorphisms and plasma PAI-1 levels in Mexican subjects: comparison of frequencies between populationsNorma Torres-Carrillo
Instituto de Investigación en Reumatología y del Sistema Músculo Esquelético, Departamento de Biología Molecular y Genómica, Centro Universitario de Ciencias de la Salud, Universidad de Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 14:220-6. 2008Several polymorphisms have been described in the PAI-1 gene including the -844 G/A and Hind III C/G polymorphisms. These polymorphisms have been associated with different diseases such as preeclampsia and cardiovascular diseases...
- PAI-1 gene 4G/5G polymorphism, cytokine levels and their relations with metabolic parameters in obese childrenSibel Tulgar Kinik
Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, 6 Cadde 70 1, 06490 Bahcelievler, Ankara, Turkey
Thromb Haemost 99:352-6. 2008Obesity is associated with the changes of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNFalpha) and transforming growth factor beta (TGFbeta) levels...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene 4G/5G polymorphism in Turkish children with asthma and allergic rhinitisOzlem Yilmaz Ozbek
Department of Pediatric Allergy, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Allergy Asthma Proc 30:41-6. 2009Plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-1) has an essential role in tissue remodeling after inflammation...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 C/G polymorphism in relation to plasma levels in rheumatoid arthritisNorma Torres-Carrillo
Departamento de Biología Molecular y Genómica, Instituto de Investigación en Reumatología y del Sistema Músculo Esquelético, Centro Universitario de Ciencias de la Salud, Universidad de Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Clin Exp Med 9:223-8. 2009Plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) is an inhibitor of plasmin production. Plasmin can directly or indirectly to degrade cartilage and bone matrix...
- Reduced carriership of 4G allele of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 4G/5G polymorphism in very young survivors of myocardial infarctionLoukianos S Rallidis
Second Department of Cardiology, Attikon Hospital, School of Medicine, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
J Thromb Thrombolysis 29:497-502. 2010..limited and controversial data regarding the impact of 4G/5G polymorphism of the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) gene in the pathogenesis of premature myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Contribution of genetic and metabolic syndrome to omental adipose tissue PAI-1 gene mRNA and plasma levels in obesityLuigi Bouchard
Department of Medicine, ECOGENE 21 and Lipid Clinic, Chicoutimi Hospital, Universite de Montreal, Saguenay, QC, Canada
Obes Surg 20:492-9. 2010Plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 (PAI-1) has already been associated with atherosclerosis; myocardial infarction; and cardiovascular disease risk factors such as obesity, insulin resistance, and dyslipidemia...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 polymorphisms (-844 G>A and HindIII C>G) in systemic lupus erythematosus: association with clinical variablesJorge Ramón Padilla-Gutiérrez
Instituto de Investigación en Reumatología y del Sistema Músculo Esquelético, Departamento de Biología Molecular y Genómica, Centro Universitario de Ciencias de Salud, Universidad de Guadalajara, Insurgentes 244 1, Colonia Lomas de Atemajac, 45178 Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico
Clin Exp Med 11:11-7. 2011..demonstrated mechanisms responsible for modulation of the immune response by the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1). Furthermore, the endogenous PAI-1 has shown to promote a Th2 immune response...
- Platelet polymorphisms: frequency distribution and association with coronary artery disease in an Indian populationTester F Ashavaid
Research Laboratories, P D Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre, V S Marg, Mahim, Mumbai, India
Platelets 22:85-91. 2011..chain (BclI), α-chain (Aα312), tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) [I/D] and plasminogen activator inhibitor-I (PAI-1) [4G/5G] in 473 healthy controls and 446 patients with stable and unstable angina...
- SERPINE1 -675 4G/5G polymorphism is associated with asthma severity and inhaled corticosteroid responseA Dijkstra
Dept of Pulmonology, Center Groningen and University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur Respir J 38:1036-43. 2011..These findings suggest that SERPINE1 is not an asthma susceptibility gene, but rather affects the severity, progression and long-term ICS response in asthma...
- Significant down-regulation of the plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 mRNA in pancreatic cancerUte Warnecke-Eberz
Department of Visceral and Vascular Surgery, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Pancreas 36:173-7. 2008..mRNA expression of the urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA), its receptor (uPAR), and the plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) in a panel of adenocarcinomas of the pancreas (PC) and cancers of the papilla of Vater (CPV)...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene polymorphism and colorectal cancer risk and prognosisAlexandre Loktionov
MRC Dunn Human Nutrition Unit, Wellcome Trust MRC Building, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2XY, UK
Cancer Lett 189:189-96. 2003Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) is a factor in urokinase-type plasminogen activator proteolytic system, which is important for tumour invasion and metastasis. Elevated PAI-1 levels in tumours are associated with poor prognosis...
- Novel Targets in Thrombosis and AtherosclerosisDaniel A Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 2012..has been identified as playing a role in both inflammation and thrombosis is plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), and very recent data suggests that PAI-1 may also play a role in regulating lipid metabolism...
- Workshop on the Molecular and Cellular Biology of Plasminogen ActivationVictoria Ploplis; Fiscal Year: 2013..The major inhibitor of Pg activation, Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), regulates this process at the level of the primary physiological activators, urokinase-type plasminogen ..
- Biomarkers of Vascular Disease Progression in Type 1 Diabetes MellitusMaria F Lopes-Virella; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- William P Fay; Fiscal Year: 2016..Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) is a serine protease inhibitor and a major regulator of fibrinolysis and cell migration...
- RICHARD LOUIS KLEIN; Fiscal Year: 2015..contains higher concentrations of S1P than HDL2, both stimulate the release of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) from adipocytes and, importantly, that circulating S1P concentrations are significantly increased in patients ..
- Urokinase, Neutrophil Activation and Acute Lung Injury.Gang Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..pathways, associated with increases in circulating and pulmonary concentrations of urokinase (uPA), plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1), and vitronectin, are present in almost all patients with acute lung injury (ALI)...
- DOUGLAS EUGENE VAUGHAN; Fiscal Year: 2016..for this association, we have focused on the interaction between the RAAS and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1)...
- REGULATION OF VASCULAR FIBRINOLYSISDavid Loskutoff; Fiscal Year: 2003b>Plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) is the primary inhibitor of plasminogen activation and vascular fibrinolysis in vivo, and elevations in PAI-1 appear to compromise normal fibrin clearance mechanisms and promote pathological ..
- MOLECULAR INTERACTIONS OF FIBRINOLYSISJohn Anagli; Fiscal Year: 2005..on a molecular level, the mechanisms of inhibitory control of fibrinolysis by plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1)...
- Zhongwu Liu; Fiscal Year: 2014..activity of tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) via modifying the balance of tPA/plasminogen activator inhibitor-1(PAI-1) level...
- Regulation of Pal-1 in Atherosclerosis and ThrombosisYolanda M Fortenberry; Fiscal Year: 2013..and hypertension. Elevated plasma levels of the serine protease inhibitor, plasminogen activatoMnhibitor-1, (PAI- 1) are correlated with these'risk factors and:several other thrombotic disorders..PAI-1.is the-...
- Maria Mori Brooks; Fiscal Year: 2014..During the five- year follow-up, plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), C-reactive protein (CRP), fibrinogen, and D-dimer were lower in the insulin sensitization group compared with ..
- ANGARA KONETI RAO; Fiscal Year: 2016..VIIa, and VIII~ plasma TAT~ D-dimer~ tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI)~ and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1)] will be measured before and at 48 hours after the start of treatment...
- KLF2 as a regulator of endothelial cell biologyMUKESH KUMAR JAIN; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Preclinical Development of a Novel Plaque-Regressing Therapy For AtherosclerosisMichael W Fanger; Fiscal Year: 2012..Success would ultimately provide a profound medical advancement in treatment of atherosclerosis, a significant benefit to human health, and a dramatic reduction in the economic impact of the number one killer in America. ..
- Anne S Henkel; Fiscal Year: 2016..patients with NASH have increased circulating levels and hepatic expression of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), however it is unknown whether this association is causative or simply correlative...
- Autonomic, Endothelial, and Inflammatory Correlates of Sleep DurationMERCEDES RENEE CARNETHON; Fiscal Year: 2012..Findings from this study will suggest mechanisms to explain the prior observed associations between sleep duration and CVD risk factors. ..
- Karen Block; Fiscal Year: 2015..protein degradation by inducing inhibitors of matrix-degrading enzymes such as plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-I)...
- Punam Malik; Fiscal Year: 2016..expression of the potent pulmonary vasoconstrictor ET-1, and a procoagulant, plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), from human pulmonary microvascular endothelial cells (HPMVEC)...
- Dichotomous Roles of Thrombin in Acetaminophen HepatotoxicityROBERT ANDREW ROTH; Fiscal Year: 2013..The deposition of fibrin is enhanced by the antifibrinolytic activity of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), a plasma protein the expression of which is induced by the transcription factor, hypoxia inducible factor-..
- Inflammation and Injury in Obesity Hypertension in African American AdolescentsBonita Falkner; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Yves A DeClerck; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) is a member of the family of endogenous serine protease inhibitors (serpins) that controls the activation of plasminogen into plasmin by tissue and urokinase ..
- Elena Barengolts; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- PAI-1 and Vitronectin in Failure of Coronary RevascularizationWilliam P Fay; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) is the primary inhibitor of tissue- and urinary-type plasminogen activators...
- Regulation of Transcriptional Activity of Hypoxia Inducible Factor 2Cheng Jun Hu; Fiscal Year: 2012..First, HIF2( and USF2 share a large number of common target genes. An example of such gene is the plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI1)...
- Ah Receptor Anatomy: Implications for Dioxin ToxicityCORNELIS JOHAN ELFERINK; Fiscal Year: 2011..and relative contribution of cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (CDK2) inhibi- ion and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) expression on liver regeneration...
- Gary W Hoyle; Fiscal Year: 2016..This type of research is important because of concerns that U.S. civilians could be adversely affected by the accidental or intentional release of highly toxic chemicals such as chlorine. ..
- Pathogenesis of LymphangioleiomyomatosisLucia Schuger; Fiscal Year: 2010..corresponding inhibitors, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-3 (TIMP-3) and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) are downregulated, resulting in an enzymatic imbalance that favors ECM degradation...
- Yi Ping Shih; Fiscal Year: 2016..I have also discovered that loss of DLC1 enhances angiogenesis by upregulating VEGF and plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) expression...
- Ah receptor transcriptional regulation through a novel DNA binding siteSHELLY RENEE WILSON; Fiscal Year: 2012..Preliminary evidence examining TCDD induction of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), a key protein in liver regeneration, exposed a novel AhR-dependent regulatory mechanism involving DNA binding ..
- BMP Regulation of TGF-b2 in the Trabecular MeshworkRobert J Wordinger; Fiscal Year: 2012..indicates that (a) BMP-4 inhibits TGF-22 stimulation of fibronectin (FN) and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) secretion by cultured TM cells and (b) gremlin, a BMP antagonist is upregulated in multiple glaucomatous TM cell ..
- Exercise Effects on Serum Biomarkers of AngiogenesisCATHERINE ROSE DUGGAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..growth factor (VEGF), osteopontin, pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1(PAI-1)...
- Role of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in mediating age-related fibrosis David Lu; Fiscal Year: 2013..While numerous studies have correlated increases in plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) with aging, none have directly examined possible mechanisms of PAI-1-mediated inhibition of collagen turnover...
- The role of Plasminogen activator Inhibitor-1 in Helicobacter pylori infection.Sarah E Keates; Fiscal Year: 2010..with the bacterial pathogen Helicobacter pylori causes an upregulation of Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), which contributes to gastric cancer progression. Aim 1 examines how H...
- Regulation of Host Response in S. pneumoniae InfectionsJian dong Li; Fiscal Year: 2010..We also found that CYLD inhibits MKK3-p38-dependent type 1 plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI1) expression in lung, thereby potentiating alveolar hemorrhage and early lethality...
- CONTROL OF DRUG AND ETHANOL METABOLISMGavin E Arteel; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specifically, we showed that hepatic expression of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) is upregulated by ethanol and the level of expression correlates with protection against liver damage in enteral ..
- "Validation of Novel CKD Biomarkers in CRIC"Kathleen D Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Agnes B Fogo; Fiscal Year: 2016..we have shown that high doses of angiotensin inhibition, linked to decreased plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), could regress existing glomerulosclerosis over the short term...
- Mechanism of PAI-1 Polarization to Myoendothelial JunctionsBrant E Isakson; Fiscal Year: 2013..During the course of metabolic syndrome, there is a significant increase in plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1);however the pathological role that PAI-1 plays during the course of the disease is not clear...
- DANIELLE S BENOIT; Fiscal Year: 2016..fibrosis in a variety of pathologies is associated with TGF-21 induction of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) that prevents activation of MMPs, TGF-23 has anti-scarring effects in cutaneous wound healing...
- PAI-1 Targeted Intrapleural Fibronolytic TherapyAndrey Komissarov; Fiscal Year: 2012..These are important clinical problems that mandate the search for better IPFT. Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) is strongly implicated in the pathogenesis of pleural loculation and inhibits tissue and urokinase plasminogen ..
- Mechanisms of Hemostatic Protease Inhibition by SerpinsIngrid M Verhamme; Fiscal Year: 2010..of thrombin (T) inhibition by the serpins, heparin cofactor II (HCII) and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), implicated in arterial thrombosis...
- ACE Inhibition and Novel Cardiovascular Risk FactorsMarco Pahor; Fiscal Year: 2004..But, clinical trial evidence on these effects is limited. In addition, polymorphisms of the ACE, angiotensinogen, PAI-1 and IL-6 genes may modify the therapeutic response to ACE inhibitors...
- REGULATION OF ANGIOGENESIS BY PAI1Daniel Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 2001..of the anti-angiogenic effect observed in our preliminary studies with plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1)...
- MECHANISMS UNDERLYING CARDIOVASCULAR RISKS IN DIABETESGordon Williams; Fiscal Year: 2000..and hyperglycemia in combination with differences in the specific alleles of the genes of the renin-angiotensin and PAI-1 systems that predispose the individual to vascular complications...
- Enhancement of Thrombolysis through Inhibition of PAI-1 and AntiplasminCHARLENE BLAKE; Fiscal Year: 2007..central hypothesis that reversible inhibition of the antifibrinolytic proteins plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) and antiplasmin through aptamer-antidote pairs can produce safe and effective thrombolysis for treatment of ..
- GENETIC ARCHITECTURE OF PLASMA T-PA AND PAI-1Jason Moore; Fiscal Year: 2004..In particular, elevated plasma levels of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), tissue-type plasminogen activator (T-PA), NAD T-PA/PA-1 complexes have been found to correlate with increased ..
- GENETIC VARIANTS AND THROMBOSISPatricia Hebert; Fiscal Year: 2004..In particular, elevated plasma levels of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), tissue-type plasminogen activator (t-PA), and t-PA/PAI-1 complexes have been found to correlate with increased ..
- PLASMINOGEN ACTIVATOR INHIBITOR-1 IN ATHEROSCLEROSISDANIEL EITZMAN; Fiscal Year: 2001..RESEARCH PROPOSAL: The goal of this grant is to define the role of type I plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-1) in the development of intimal lesion formation during atherogenesis and following vascular injury...
- MECHANISMS OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE IN OBESITYDavid Loskutoff; Fiscal Year: 2002..Although plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) is consistently and significantly elevated in the plasma of obese humans and is a known risk ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF RADIATION-INDUCED KIDNEY INJURYMichael Robbins; Fiscal Year: 2004..with radiation, Ang II and other ROS generators in vitro leads to modulation of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-2 (TIMP-2) matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2), TGF-B and angiotensinogen ..
- VASCULAR DISEASE IN HBP--ANGII, PAI1, INSULIN AND GENESGordon Williams; Fiscal Year: 2001..to address three of these: 1) the renin-angiotensin system (RAS), 2) the plasminogen- activator-inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) system, and 3) the metabolic abnormalities associated with insulin resistance...
- AGE RELATED CONFORMATIONAL MODIFICATIONS OF PROTEINAri Gafni; Fiscal Year: 2003..enzyme phosphoglycerate kinase (PGK) and the fibrinolysis-associated protein plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1)...
- Regulation of angiotensin-induced PAI-1 expressionEDWARD FEENER; Fiscal Year: 2006..and from other groups, have demonstrated that AngII is a potent stimulator of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1(PAI-1) expression in cultured vascular cells and RAS inhibition reduces neointimal PAI-1 expression in vascular tissues ..
- Cardiac Risk:Insulin Resistance, Hypertension, & PAI-1Abraham Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2006..Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) is an important peptide in the fibrinolytic-thrombotic pathway and elevated levels of PAI-1 have been shown to ..
- PPARGAMMA AND AII IN GLOMERULOSCLEROSISWilla Hsueh; Fiscal Year: 2002..Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) is produced by mesangial cells in response to growth factor stimulation, is increased in glomeruli of diabetic ..
- TLR2 in Sepsis-Induced Coagulopathy, Endothelial Leak, and Pulmonary DysfunctionJudith Hellman; Fiscal Year: 2010..of tissue factor (TF), tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI), and plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) will be quantified...
- Deranged Coagulation and Fibrinolytic Cascades in Idiopathic Pulmonary FibrosisMITCHELL ALAN OLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..there is activation of coagulation (increased tissue factor antigen), and inhibition of fibrinolysis (increased PAI-1 antigen) in plasma from patients with IPF...
- Toni M Antalis; Fiscal Year: 2016..Objectives: Using clinically relevant experimental models of DVT, we discovered that genetic deletion of PAI- 2 in mice accelerates venous thrombus resolution...
- Zheng Gang Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2016..and astrocytes, which leads to reduction of thrombosis by downregulation of plasminogen activator inhibitor1 (PAI-1)...
- Coagulation Abnormalities and Post-Traumatic Ventilator-Associated PneumoniaJean Francois Pittet; Fiscal Year: 2013..with (a) low plasma levels of aPC and (b) an inhibition of the fibrinolysis caused by elevated plasma levels of PAI-1...
- ENDOTHELIAL CELL PLASMINOGEN ACTIVATOR INHIBITOR TYPE 2Raymond Schleef; Fiscal Year: 1990..that cultured ECs also produce two immunological distinct plasminogen activator inhibitors, including both type 1 (PAI-1) and type 2 (PAL-2), introduces a previously unsuspected level of complexity to our understanding of this system, ..
- CONTROL OF FIBRIN TURNOVER IN PLEURAL DISEASESteven Idell; Fiscal Year: 2004..Derangements of the regulation of plasminogen activator inhibitor -1 (PAI-1) and the urokinase receptor (uPAR) by pleural mesothelial cells appear to be critical determinants of locally ..
- HUMAN PLASMINOGEN ACTIVATOR-INHIBITOR PAI-1 GENEDavid Ginsburg; Fiscal Year: 1991..plasminogen activator (tPA) and its specific, rapidly acting inhibitor, plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-1)...