Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PAX8
Description: paired box 8
Alias: paired box protein Pax-8, paired domain gene 8
Publications236 found, 100 shown here
- Characterization of the upstream enhancer of the rat sodium/iodide symporter geneJ T Chun
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn, Villa Comunale, Napoli, Italy
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 109:23-6. 2001..A paired-domain transcription factor Pax8 binds to this enhancer and can stimulate the transcription in non-thyroid cells that do not normally support the ..
- Transcriptional regulation of human sodium/iodide symporter gene: a role for redox factor-1Cinzia Puppin
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Biomediche, University of Udine, Italy
Endocrinology 145:1290-3. 2004..Cotransfection experiments performed in nonthyroid HeLa cells demonstrated that APE/Ref-1 exerts both PAX8-dependent and PAX8-independent effects...
- Effect of chilling and cryopreservation on expression of Pax genes in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos and blastomeresC Lin
LIRANS Institute of Research in the Applied Natural Sciences, University of Bedfordshire, Bedfordshire, UK
Cryobiology 59:42-7. 2009..RT-PCR analysis to determine the effect of chilling and cryopreservation on expression of Pax2a, Pax2b, Pax5 and Pax8 which constitute one subgroup of the Pax gene family...
- On the prevalence of the PAX8-PPARG fusion resulting from the chromosomal translocation t(2;3)(q13;p25) in adenomas of the thyroidMarkus Klemke
Center for Human Genetics, University of Bremen, Germany
Cancer Genet 204:334-9. 2011..Later, a fusion of the genes PAX8 and PPARG resulting from this translocation was frequently observed in follicular carcinomas and considered as a ..
- Diagnostic utility of thyroid transcription factors Pax8 and TTF-2 (FoxE1) in thyroid epithelial neoplasmsDaisuke Nonaka
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Mod Pathol 21:192-200. 2008Thyroid-specific transcription factors, Pax8, TTF-1, and TTF-2, are crucial for thyroid organogenesis and differentiation. Compared with TTF-1, the other two markers have scarcely been investigated in surgical pathology...
- Enhancer of zeste homolog 2 overexpression has a role in the development of anaplastic thyroid carcinomasEleonora Borbone
Istituto di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Universita di Napoli Federico II, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:1029-38. 2011..Enhancer of zeste homolog 2 (EZH2) is a histone lysine methyltransferase belonging to the polycomb group protein family. Overexpression of EZH2 has been found in several human malignancies including hematological and solid tumors...
- Expression of PAX8-PPAR gamma 1 rearrangements in both follicular thyroid carcinomas and adenomasAna Rita Marques
Centro de Investigação de Patobiologia Molecular, Instituto Portugues de Oncologia Francisco Gentil, 1099 023 Lisboa Codex, Portugal
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:3947-52. 2002Recently, a translocation t(2;3)(q13;p25), leading to the formation of a chimeric PAX8-peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)gamma 1 oncogene, was detected in follicular thyroid carcinomas (FTC), but not in follicular thyroid ..
- Role for p300 in Pax 8 induction of thyroperoxidase gene expressionR De Leo
Laboratory of Molecular Pathology and Ultrastructure, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Via delle Messi d Oro 156, 00158 Rome, Italy
J Biol Chem 275:34100-5. 2000..In agreement with our finding and with the ability of the adenoviral protein E1A to bind p300, we show that E1A down-regulates Pax 8 activity...
- Autosomal dominant transmission of congenital thyroid hypoplasia due to loss-of-function mutation of PAX8C Vilain
Institut de Recherche Interdisciplinaire en Biologie Humaine et Nucleaire, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, B 1070 Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:234-8. 2001..b>PAX8 is a transcription factor involved in thyroid development...
- A novel mutation (Q40P) in PAX8 associated with congenital hypothyroidism and thyroid hypoplasia: evidence for phenotypic variability in mother and childT Congdon
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Molecular Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:3962-7. 2001..including mutations in the TSHbeta-subunit, the TSH receptor, the G(s)alpha-subunit, and the transcription factor PAX8. Four girls with sporadic congenital hypothyroidism and hypoplastic thyroid glands were analyzed for mutations in ..
- Screening for Pax8 mutations in patients with congenital hypothyroidism in South-West GermanyKirsten Lanzerath
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Horm Res 66:96-100. 2006To study the frequency of mutations in the Pax8 gene in a cohort of patients with congenital hypothyroidism (CH) in South West Germany.
- PAX8 regulates telomerase reverse transcriptase and telomerase RNA component in gliomaYu Jen Chen
Department of Pathology, Dunedin School of Medicine, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Cancer Res 68:5724-32. 2008..The mRNA level of PAX8 showed a positive correlation with telomerase activity in glioma biopsies (r(2) = 0.75, P < 0...
- PAX8 promotes tumor cell growth by transcriptionally regulating E2F1 and stabilizing RB proteinC G Li
Department of Pathology, Dunedin School of Medicine, University of Otago, New Zealand
Oncogene 30:4824-34. 2011..Several PAX proteins (tissue-specific developmental regulators), including PAX8, interact with the RB protein, and thus regulate the cell cycle directly or indirectly...
- Pair-Box (PAX8) protein-positive expression is associated with poor disease outcome in women with endometrial cancerP Mhawech-Fauceglia
Department of Pathology at Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
Br J Cancer 107:370-4. 2012The Pax8 transcription factor genes have a role in cell differentiation and cell growth, and silencing of Pax8 in cell cultures results in cell death...
- PAX8, a human paired box gene: isolation and expression in developing thyroid, kidney and Wilms' tumorsA Poleev
Institute for Molecular Biology, Salzburg, Austria
Development 116:611-23. 1992Recent evidence indicates a crucial role for paired box genes in mouse and human embryogenesis. The murine Pax8 gene encodes a sequence-specific transcription factor and is expressed in the developing secretory system as well as in the ..
- Distinct functional properties of three human paired-box-protein, PAX8, isoforms generated by alternative splicing in thyroid, kidney and Wilms' tumorsA Poleev
Institute for Molecular Biology, Salzburg, Austria
Eur J Biochem 228:899-911. 1995..The murine and human Pax8 genes are expressed in developing and adult thyroid as well as in the developing secretory system and at the lower ..
- PAX 8 regulates human WT1 transcription through a novel DNA binding siteG C Fraizer
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 272:30678-87. 1997..Thus, we identified a novel functional binding site for the transcription factor PAX 8, suggesting that part of its role in kidney development may be as a modulator of WT1 expression in the kidney...
- PAX8 mutations associated with congenital hypothyroidism caused by thyroid dysgenesisP E Macchia
Stazione Zoologica A Dohrn, Napoli, Italy
Nat Genet 19:83-6. 1998..We report mutations in the coding region of PAX8 in two sporadic patients and one familial case of TD...
- Follicular cells of the thyroid gland require Pax8 gene functionA Mansouri
MPI of Biophysical Chemistry, Dept of Molecular Cell Biology, Gottingen, Germany
Nat Genet 19:87-90. 1998..By analysis of Pax8-/- mice, we demonstrate that Pax8 is required for the formation of the follicular cells in the thyroid...
- The paired domain-containing factor Pax8 and the homeodomain-containing factor TTF-1 directly interact and synergistically activate transcriptionTina Di Palma
Istituto di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale, CNR and Department Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Via Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Biol Chem 278:3395-402. 2003Pax genes encode for transcription factors essential for tissue development in many species. Pax8, the only member of the family expressed in the thyroid tissue, is involved in the morphogenesis of the gland and in the transcriptional ..
- Functional interaction among thyroid-specific transcription factors: Pax8 regulates the activity of Hex promoterCinzia Puppin
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Biomediche, Universita di Udine, Piazzale Kolbe 1, 33100 Udine, Italy
Mol Cell Endocrinol 214:117-25. 2004..By means of RT-PCR assays we found a correlation between the Hex and Pax8 (a different tissue-specific transcription factor, expressed in TFC) mRNA levels in normal and neoplastic thyroid ..
- Characterization of a novel loss of function mutation of PAX8 in a familial case of congenital hypothyroidism with in-place, normal-sized thyroidLaurent Meeus
IRIBHM, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Campus Erasme, 808 Route de Lennik, B 1070 Bruxelles, Belgium
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:4285-91. 2004..b>PAX8 is one of these transcription factors, and so far, five mutations have been identified in its paired domain in ..
- Thyroid transcription factor 1 rescues PAX8/p300 synergism impaired by a natural PAX8 paired domain mutation with dominant negative activityHelmut Grasberger
The University of Chicago, MC3090, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Mol Endocrinol 19:1779-91. 2005Mutations in the paired domain transcription factor PAX8 are a rare cause of congenital hypothyroidism due to thyroid dysgenesis...
- Expression, regulation, and function of paired-box gene 8 in the human placenta and placental cancer cell linesElisabetta Ferretti
Department of Clinical Science, University of Rome, La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Endocrinology 146:4009-15. 2005..During development, the paired-box gene 8 (PAX8) is expressed in the thyroid, kidney, and several areas of the central nervous system...
- PAX8-peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPARgamma) disrupts normal PAX8 or PPARgamma transcriptional function and stimulates follicular thyroid cell growthAmy Y M Au
Cancer Genetics Unit, Kolling Institute of Medical Research, University of Sydney, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, New South Wales 2065, Australia
Endocrinology 147:367-76. 2006..associated with a chromosomal translocation that fuses the thyroid-specific transcription factor paired box gene 8 (PAX8) with the nuclear receptor peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPARgamma)...
- Emerging roles for PAX8 in ovarian cancer and endosalpingeal developmentNathan J Bowen
School of Biology, Georgia Institute of Technology, and Ovarian Cancer Institute, Atlanta, GA 30332, USA
Gynecol Oncol 104:331-7. 2007..Aberrant transcriptional expression of PAX8 has been reported in epithelial ovarian cancer, prompting us to initiate the molecular characterization of this ..
- The solution structure of DNA-free Pax-8 paired box domain accounts for redox regulation of transcriptional activity in the pax protein familyLuca Codutti
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Biomediche, Universita Degli Studi di Udine, P le Kolbe 4, 33100 Udine, Italy
J Biol Chem 283:33321-8. 2008..Finally, sequence conservation suggests that our findings could be a general feature of the Pax family transcription factors...
- TAZ is a coactivator for Pax8 and TTF-1, two transcription factors involved in thyroid differentiationTina Di Palma
Istituto di Endocrinologia e Oncologia Sperimentale G Salvatore CNR and Dpt Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Napoli, Italy
Exp Cell Res 315:162-75. 2009b>Pax8 and TTF-1 are transcription factors involved in the morphogenesis of the thyroid gland and in the transcriptional regulation of thyroid-specific genes...
- Genetics and phenomics of hypothyroidism and thyroid dys- and agenesis due to PAX8 and TTF1 mutationsLucia Montanelli
Dipartimento di Endocrinologia e Metabolismo, Centro Eccellenza AmbiSEN, Universita degli Studi di Pisa, Via Paradisa 2, 56124 Cisanello, Pisa, Italy
Mol Cell Endocrinol 322:64-71. 2010..TD is usually sporadic but mutations in transcription factors (PAX8, TTF1, FOXE1 and NKX2-5) involved in thyroid development have been shown to cause a minority of cases transmitted ..
- PAX8 Expression in well-differentiated pancreatic endocrine tumors: correlation with clinicopathologic features and comparison with gastrointestinal and pulmonary carcinoid tumorsKevin B Long
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 34:723-9. 2010..We recently observed that islet cells show strong, diffuse staining for PAX8 by immunohistochemistry...
- Utility of paired box gene 8 (PAX8) expression in fluid and fine-needle aspiration cytology: an immunohistochemical study of metastatic ovarian serous carcinomaRyan McKnight
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, GA, USA
Cancer Cytopathol 118:298-302. 2010..Recently, paired box gene 8 (PAX8) has been used in distinguishing ovarian from mammary carcinoma...
- Pax8: a marker for carcinoma of Müllerian origin in serous effusionsGuo Xia Tong
Department of Pathology and Cell Biology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 39:567-74. 2011b>PAX8 is a nuclear transcription factor with limited expression in normal and neoplastic tissues in a cell lineage-dependent manner. PAX8 has been detected in embryonic Müllerian ducts, human fallopian tubes, and ovarian carcinomas...
- Characterization of a novel loss-of-function mutation of PAX8 associated with congenital hypothyroidismTina Di Palma
IEOS, G Salvatore National Research Council, Naples, Italy
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 73:808-14. 2010..Most cases of TD are sporadic, although familial occurrences have occasionally been described. Recently, mutations in the PAX8 transcription factor have been identified in patients with TD.
- PAX 8 expression in non-neoplastic tissues, primary tumors, and metastatic tumors: a comprehensive immunohistochemical studyAyhan Ozcan
Departments of Pathology, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mod Pathol 24:751-64. 2011..This tissue/cell-specific expression is maintained during both neoplastic transformation and metastasis. PAX 8 is a sensitive and specific marker for tumors of renal, Müllerian, or thyroid origin in both primary and metastatic sites...
- A comprehensive analysis of PAX8 expression in human epithelial tumorsAnna R Laury
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 35:816-26. 2011b>PAX8 is a paired-box gene important in embryogenesis of the thyroid, Müllerian, and renal/upper urinary tracts, and expression of PAX8 has been previously described in carcinomas from each of these sites...
- A new PAX8 mutation causing congenital hypothyroidism in three generations of a family is associated with abnormalities in the urogenital tractAna Carvalho
1 Department of Pediatrics, Hospital of Divino Espirito Santo, Ponta Delgada, Portugal
Thyroid 23:1074-8. 2013..The objective of this study was to screen the PAX8 gene and the PAX2 gene in a family with six cases of CH spanning three generations and presenting urogenital ..
- Comparative in situ hybridization analysis of PAX2, PAX8, and WT1 gene transcription in human fetal kidney and Wilms' tumorsM R Eccles
Department of Biochemistry, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Am J Pathol 146:40-5. 1995..Two members of the paired box family of genes, PAX2 and PAX8, are expressed in WT and are potentially involved in its induction...
- Alternative splicing of Pax-8 gene transcripts is developmentally regulated and generates isoforms with different transactivation propertiesZ Kozmik
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Vienna, Austria
Mol Cell Biol 13:6024-35. 1993..Hence, alternative splicing of Pax-8 gene transcripts not only generates six different Pax-8 variants but is also temporally and spatially regulated during early mouse development...
- The synergistic activity of thyroid transcription factor 1 and Pax 8 relies on the promoter/enhancer interplayStefania Miccadei
Laboratory of Immunology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome 00158, Italy
Mol Endocrinol 16:837-46. 2002..We have characterized the cis and trans requirements of the TTF1/Pax 8 synergistic activity on the thyroperoxidase gene. We show that their synergy is also important for thyroglobulin gene transcription...
- PAX8 and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma 1 gene expression status in benign and malignant thyroid tissuesLudovic Lacroix
CNRS UMR 8125 Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, LRC29V, and Department of Clinical Biology, Institut Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Eur J Endocrinol 151:367-74. 2004Genetic alterations involving the thyroid transcription factor PAX8 and the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma 1 (PPARgamma1) genes have been described in thyroid neoplasms...
- Genetic analysis of the PAX8 gene in children with congenital hypothyroidism and dysgenetic or eutopic thyroid glands: identification of a novel sequence variantMassimo Tonacchera
Dipartimento di Endocrinologia e Metabolismo, Centro di Eccellenza AmbiSEN, Universita di Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 67:34-40. 2007To analyse the coding region of PAX8 in individuals with congenital (CH) or post neonatal hypothyroidism due to dysgenetic (TD) or eutopic thyroid glands.
- Screening for mutations in transcription factors in a Czech cohort of 170 patients with congenital and early-onset hypothyroidism: identification of a novel PAX8 mutation in dominantly inherited early-onset non-autoimmune hypothyroidismEva Al Taji
Department of Paediatrics, 3rd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Eur J Endocrinol 156:521-9. 2007Mutations in NKX2.1, NKX2.5, FOXE1 and PAX8 genes, encoding for transcription factors involved in the development of the thyroid gland, have been identified in a minority of patients with syndromic and non-syndromic congenital ..
- Expression of pax8 as a useful marker in distinguishing ovarian carcinomas from mammary carcinomasDaisuke Nonaka
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 32:1566-71. 2008..Metastatic breast carcinoma can mimic a primary ovarian carcinoma. Pax8 is a crucial transcription factor for organogenesis of the thyroid gland, kidney, and Müllerian system, and it ..
- Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase 1 binds to Pax8 and inhibits its transcriptional activityTina Di Palma
Department di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Istituto di Endocrinologia e Oncologia Sperimentale G Salvatore CNR, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Napoli, Italy
J Mol Endocrinol 41:379-88. 2008b>Pax8 is a transcription factor that plays an important role in the regulation of genes that are exclusively expressed in differentiated thyroid cells...
- Expression of PAX8 in normal and neoplastic renal tissues: an immunohistochemical studyGuo Xia Tong
Department of Pathology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Mod Pathol 22:1218-27. 2009..Together with PAX2, PAX8 is a nephric-lineage transcription factor and is required for the establishment of renal-lineage cells and the ..
- Transcription factor mutations and congenital hypothyroidism: systematic genetic screening of a population-based cohort of Japanese patientsSatoshi Narumi
Department of Pediatrics, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:1981-5. 2010..Gene mutations of transcription factors that are predominantly expressed in the thyroid gland cause congenital hypothyroidism (CH). The prevalence of CH due to transcription factor mutations remains undetermined...
- PAX8 is expressed in pancreatic well-differentiated neuroendocrine tumors and in extrapancreatic poorly differentiated neuroendocrine carcinomas in fine-needle aspiration biopsy specimensClaudia M Haynes
Department of Pathology, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Cancer Cytopathol 119:193-201. 2011PAX (paired box) genes encode a family of transcription factors important for organogenesis. Recently, PAX8 has been recognized as a potential immunohistochemical marker of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors...
- Immunoexpression of PAX 8 in endometrial cancer: relation to high-grade carcinoma and p53Andreas H Brunner
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Landesklinikum Thermenregion Moedling Vienna Center for Medical Statistics, Informatics, and Intelligent Systems, Medical University of Vienna, Sr Maria Restitutag 12, Moedling Vienna, Austria
Int J Gynecol Pathol 30:569-75. 2011..PAX 8 overexpression correlates with p53 expression and high-grade endometrial carcinomas but seems not to be useful as a prognostic parameter...
- Pair Box 8 (PAX8) protein expression in high grade, late stage (stages III and IV) ovarian serous carcinomaPaulette Mhawech-Fauceglia
Department of Pathology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033 5000, USA
Gynecol Oncol 127:198-201. 2012Pair-Box 8 (PAX8) is a transcription factor which has been found to be overexpressed in ovarian serous carcinoma (OSC)...
- Utility of PAX8 and PAX2 immunohistochemistry in the identification of renal cell carcinoma in diagnostic cytologyStewart M Knoepp
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, 1500E Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 40:667-72. 2012..Recently, PAX2 was shown to be useful in this regard. In this study, we sought to compare the utility of PAX8 to that of PAX2 immunohistochemistry in the diagnosis of RCC in cytology specimens...
- PAX8-PPARgamma rearrangement is frequently detected in the follicular variant of papillary thyroid carcinomaP Castro
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto, 4200 465 Porto, Portugal
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:213-20. 2006..The clinicopathological characteristics and the molecular features of the follicular variant of papillary thyroid carcinoma (FVPTC) remain controversial...
- Congenital hypothyroidism clinical aspects and late consequencesAtilla Buyukgebiz
Dokuz Eylül Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pediatric Endocrinology and Adolescence Inciralti, Izmir, Turkiye
Pediatr Endocrinol Rev 1:185-90; discussion 190. 2003..most common cause of permenant CH is thyroid dysgenesis (85-90%) in which the transcription factors TTF1,TTF2 and PAX8 would appear to be obvious candidate genes in the aetiology...
- Evolution of developmental roles of Pax2/5/8 paralogs after independent duplication in urochordate and vertebrate lineagesSusan Bassham
Center for Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
BMC Biol 6:35. 2008..of urochordate and vertebrate lineages, two rounds of independent gene duplications resulted in the Pax2, Pax5, and Pax8 genes of most vertebrates (the sister group of the urochordates), and an additional duplication provided the pax2a ..
- Recurrent fusion oncogenes in carcinomasManuel R Teixeira
Department of Genetics, Portuguese Oncology Institute, Rua Dr Antonio Bernardino de Almeida, 4200 072 Porto, Portugal
Crit Rev Oncog 12:257-71. 2006..characterizing carcinomas is summarized, namely, the RET and NTRK1 fusion oncogenes in papillary thyroid carcinoma, PAX8-PPARG in follicular thyroid carcinoma, MECT1-MAML2 in mucoepidermoid carcinoma, the TFE3 and TFEB fusion oncogenes ..
- Pax 2/8-regulated Gata 3 expression is necessary for morphogenesis and guidance of the nephric duct in the developing kidneyDavid Grote
McGill Cancer Centre and Biochemistry Department, McGill University, 3655 Promenade Sir William Osler, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
Development 133:53-61. 2006..The transcription factors Pax2 and Pax8 are essential for the initiation of pro- and mesonephros development...
- Characterization and developmental expression of the amphioxus homolog of Notch (AmphiNotch): evolutionary conservation of multiple expression domains in amphioxus and vertebratesL Z Holland
Marine Biology Research Division, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0202, USA
Dev Biol 232:493-507. 2001..A comparison with Notch1 and Pax5 and Pax8 expression in the embryonic mouse kidney helps support homology of the amphioxus and vertebrate kidneys...
- Underexpression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)gamma in PAX8/PPARgamma-negative thyroid tumoursA R Marques
, , Rua Professor Lima Basto, 1099 023 Lisboa Codex, Portugal
Br J Cancer 91:732-8. 2004..We have demonstrated that NT tissues express PPARgamma both at mRNA and at protein level. PAX8-PPARgamma fusion gene expression was found in 25% (six of 24) of follicular thyroid carcinomas (FTCs) and in 17% (..
- Pax2.1 is required for the development of thyroid follicles in zebrafishThomas Wendl
Institute for Developmental Biology, University of Cologne, Gyrhofstrasse 17, D 50923 Köln, Germany
Development 129:3751-60. 2002..We show that pax2.1 and pax8, members of the zebrafish pax2/5/8 paralogue group, are expressed in the thyroid primordium...
- Melanotic Xp11 translocation renal cancers: a distinctive neoplasm with overlapping features of PEComa, carcinoma, and melanomaPedram Argani
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21231 2410, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 33:609-19. 2009..protein, MiTF, or any epithelial marker (cytokeratins, epithelial membrane antigen), renal tubular marker (CD10, PAX8, PAX2, RCC Marker) or muscle marker (actin, desmin)...
- The role of the PAX8/PPARgamma fusion oncogene in the pathogenesis of follicular thyroid cancerNorman L Eberhardt
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, United States
Mol Cell Endocrinol 321:50-6. 2010..Recent studies have focused on a chromosomal translocation, t(2;3) (q13;p25), fusing PAX8, a transcription factor that is essential for normal thyroid gland development, with the peroxisome proliferator-..
- Review: molecular thyroidologyW E Winter
Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville 32610 0275, USA
Ann Clin Lab Sci 31:221-44. 2001..receptor loss-of-function mutations); defects in thyroid gland formation: transcription factor mutations (TTF-2 and Pax8); defects in peripheral thyroid hormone metabolism (defective intrapituitary conversion of T4 to T3; hemangioma ..
- Diagnostic markers and prognostic factors in thyroid cancerMenno R Vriens
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Future Oncol 5:1283-93. 2009..Combined testing of RET/PTC, NTRK, RAS and PAX8-PPARgamma, which are mutually exclusive mutations, helps improve the accuracy of fine-needle aspiration biopsy...
- Biallelic p.R2223H mutation in the thyroglobulin gene causes thyroglobulin retention and severe hypothyroidism with subsequent development of thyroid carcinomaHussein Raef
Department of Genetics MBC 03, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, P O Box 3354, Riyadh 11211, Saudi Arabia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:1000-6. 2010..Dyshormonogenesis due to genetic defect in thyroglobulin (Tg) synthesis and secretion can lead to congenital hypothyroidism...
- Identification of a paired box gene 8-peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PAX8-PPARgamma) rearrangement mosaicism in a patient with an autonomous functioning follicular thyroid carcinoma bearing an activating mutation in the TSH receptorJ Lado-Abeal
UETeM Unidade de Enfermedades Tiroideas e Metabolicas, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela 15705, Spain
Endocr Relat Cancer 17:599-610. 2010..search for mutations in candidate genes and for paired box gene 8-peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PAX8-PPARgamma) rearrangement in a well-differentiated angioinvasive follicular thyroid carcinoma (FTC) causing ..
- A novel NKX2.1 mutation in a family with hypothyroidism and benign hereditary choreaAlfonso Massimiliano Ferrara
Dipartimento di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Molecolare e Clinica, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Napoli, Italy
Thyroid 18:1005-9. 2008..The aim of this study was to establish the genetic defects that cause that phenotype and study the molecular mechanisms of the pathology...
- Transcriptional regulation of the human sodium/iodide symporter gene by Pax8 and TTF-1T L Schmitt
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Clinic of Ulm, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 109:27-31. 2001..We investigated the influence of the thyroid-specific transcription factors TTF-1 and Pax8 on the NIS promoter and its 5'-flanking sequence...
- Thyroid hormone regulates heparan sulfate proteoglycan expression in the growth plateJ H D Bassett
Molecular Endocrinology Group, Division of Medicine and Medical Research Council Clinical Sciences Centre, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 147:295-305. 2006..12-wk-old rats rendered euthyroid, thyrotoxic, or hypothyroid at 6 wk of age, 14-d-old congenitally hypothyroid Pax8-null mice, and TRalpha/TRbeta double-null mice lacking all thyroid hormone receptors...
- Maturation of ribbon synapses in hair cells is driven by thyroid hormoneGaston Sendin
InnerEarLab, Department of Otolaryngology and Center for Molecular Physiology of the Brain, Göttingen University Medical School, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
J Neurosci 27:3163-73. 2007..recordings of Ca2+ currents and exocytic membrane capacitance changes in IHCs of athyroid and TH-substituted Pax8-/- mice during postnatal development...
- Refinement of bovine chromosome 2 linkage map near the mh locus reveals rearrangements between the bovine and human genomesT S Sonstegard
Beltsville Agricultural Research Center BARC, MD 20705, USA
Anim Genet 29:341-7. 1998..used to place the human orthologues of engrailed-1 (EN1), interleukin 1 beta (IL1B), and paired-box-containing 8 (PAX8) genes on the cattle map to further define the positions of breakpoints in conserved synteny and gene order...
- Thyroid function and effect of aging in combined hetero/homozygous mice deficient in thyroid hormone receptors alpha and beta genesR E Weiss
Department of Medicine, Universty of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Endocrinol 172:177-85. 2002..the same mouse (TRalphao/o; TRbeta-/-) resulted in serum TSH values only slightly lower than those in athyreotic, Pax8 knockout mice...
- [Well differentiated thyroid carcinoma: new perspectives and old dilemmas]Luca Di Tommaso
Dipartimento di Patologia, Facolta di Medicina, Universita di Milano, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano, Milano
Ann Ital Chir 77:199-208. 2006..of molecular biology in the diagnosis of well differentiated thyroid carcinoma; indeed markers such as RET/PTC or PAX8/PPARgamma, which to date have been employed mainly in basic research, might represent useful diagnostic (and ..
- Developmental changes of cone opsin expression but not retinal morphology in the hypothyroid Pax8 knockout mouseAnika Glaschke
Max Planck Institute for Brain Research, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:1719-27. 2010..of postnatal hypothyroidism on retinal development and spatial patterning of cone opsin expression were studied in Pax8-deficient mice...
- Expression of pituitary hormones in the Pax8-/- mouse model of congenital hypothyroidismSonke Friedrichsen
Max Planck Institut fur Experimentelle Endokrinologie, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Endocrinology 145:1276-83. 2004..b>Pax8-/- mice, which are born without a thyroid gland, were used to study the influence of thyroid hormones on the ..
- Hearing loss in athyroid pax8 knockout mice and effects of thyroxine substitutionStephanie Christ
Max Planck Institut fur Experimentelle Endokrinologie, Hannover, Germany
Audiol Neurootol 9:88-106. 2004b>Pax8-/- mice do not develop thyroid follicular structures and thus provide an ideal animal model to study the consequences of congenital hypothyroidism. Despite their athyroidism, Pax8-/- mice survive up to postnatal day 21 (P21)...
- Expression and thyroid hormone regulation of annexins in the anterior pituitaryJens Mittag
Max Planck Institute for Experimental Endocrinology, Feodor Lynen Str 7, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Endocrinol 195:385-92. 2007..in analyzing the mRNA expression of the annexins in the severely disorganized pituitaries of the athyroid Pax8(-/-) mice in comparison with that of control animals...
- Pax8, a murine paired box gene expressed in the developing excretory system and thyroid glandD Plachov
Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Department of Molecular Cell Biology, FRG
Development 110:643-51. 1990..Here we describe the isolation of Pax8, a novel paired box containing clone from an 8.5 day p.c. mouse embryo cDNA library...
- The paired-domain transcription factor Pax8 binds to the upstream enhancer of the rat sodium/iodide symporter gene and participates in both thyroid-specific and cyclic-AMP-dependent transcriptionM Ohno
Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn, 80121 Naples, Italy
Mol Cell Biol 19:2051-60. 1999..The thyroid-specific transcription factor Pax8 binds at two of these sites...
- Eya1 regulates the growth of otic epithelium and interacts with Pax2 during the development of all sensory areas in the inner earDan Zou
McLaughlin Research Institute for Biomedical Sciences, 1520 23rd Street South, MT 59405, USA
Dev Biol 298:430-41. 2006..with Eya1 or Six1 during inner ear morphogenesis, we have analyzed the expression pattern of Eya1, Pax2 and Pax8 on adjacent sections of otic epithelium from E8.5 to 9...
- Sodium/iodide symporter (NIS) gene expression is the limiting step for the onset of thyroid function in the human fetusGabor Szinnai
Faculty of Medicine René Descartes, Paris V, Site Necker, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Equipe Mixte 0363, Pediatric Endocrine Unit, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:70-6. 2007..Terminal differentiation of the human thyroid is characterized by the onset of follicle formation and thyroid hormone synthesis at 11 gestational weeks (GW)...
- Pax2 and pax8 regulate branching morphogenesis and nephron differentiation in the developing kidneyMelina Narlis
McGill Cancer Centre and Biochemistry Department, McGill University, 3655 Promenade Sir William Osler, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:1121-9. 2007..this later function, kidney development was analyzed in embryos that were compound heterozygous for Pax2 and for Pax8, a closely related member of the Pax gene family...
- Effects of increased renal tubular vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) on fibrosis, cyst formation, and glomerular diseaseSamy Hakroush
Centrum für Biomedizin und Medizintechnik Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Am J Pathol 175:1883-95. 2009..We studied a new conditional transgenic mouse system [Pax8-rtTA/(tetO)(7)VEGF], which allows increased tubular VEGF production in adult mice...
- Endosalpingiosis in axillary lymph nodes: a possible pitfall in the staging of patients with breast carcinomaAdriana D Corben
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 34:1211-6. 2010..The epithelium demonstrated positive nuclear immunoreactivity for WT1 and PAX8, and was devoid of myoepithelium or basement membrane...
- Perspective: genetic defects in the etiology of congenital hypothyroidismPeter Kopp
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Molecular Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Endocrinology 143:2019-24. 2002..known to date only explain a minority of these cases and include mutations in the paired box transcription factor PAX8, and the thyroid transcription factors TTF1 and TTF2...
- [Genetic causes of the thyroid carcinomas]S Jindrichova
Endokrinologický ustav oddĕlení molekulární endokrinologie, Praha
Cas Lek Cesk 143:664-8. 2004..They can activate these kinases and induce mutation in BRAF gene. The presence of PAX8/PPARgamma fused gene and ras mutations are important in the development of follicular thyroid carcinoma...
- Male congenital hypothyroid Pax8-/- mice are infertile despite adequate treatment with thyroid hormoneJoachim Wistuba
Institute of Reproductive Medicine of the University, Domagkstr 11, 48149 Munster, Germany
J Endocrinol 192:99-109. 2007..In this study, Pax8(-/-) mice that are born without a thyroid gland were used as an animal model to study the consequences of ..
- Gbetagamma dimers released in response to thyrotropin activate phosphoinositide 3-kinase and regulate gene expression in thyroid cellsMiguel A Zaballos
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas Alberto Sols, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Mol Endocrinol 22:1183-99. 2008..the thyroid cell, including transcription of the sodium-iodide symporter (NIS) gene through a mechanism involving Pax8 binding to the NIS promoter...
- Do benign thyroid nodules have malignant potential? An evidence-based reviewNimmi Arora
Department of Surgery, New York Presbyterian Hospital Cornell University, 1300 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA
World J Surg 32:1237-46. 2008..This is true at least in part because of uncertainty over whether some benign nodules harbor malignant potential...
- Notch signaling augments the canonical Wnt pathway to specify the size of the otic placodeChathurani S Jayasena
Gonda Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, House Ear Institute, 2100 West 3rd Street, Los Angeles, CA 90057, USA
Development 135:2251-61. 2008..mutations in the Notch and Wnt pathways reveal that some aspects of otic placode development - such as Pax8 expression and the morphological thickening of the placode - can be regulated independently by either Notch or Wnt ..
- Thyrotropin-independent induction of thyroid endoderm from embryonic stem cells by activin ARisheng Ma
Thyroid Research Unit, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, James J Peters Veterans Affairs Medical Center, New York, New York 10468, USA
Endocrinology 150:1970-5. 2009..isolated by the fluorescence-activated cell sorter simultaneously expressed not only TSHR and NIS proteins but also PAX8 mRNA, an expression pattern unique to thyroid cells and expected in committed thyroid progenitor cells...
- Mutations in TAZ/WWTR1, a co-activator of NKX2.1 and PAX8 are not a frequent cause of thyroid dysgenesisA M Ferrara
Department of Molecular and Clinical Endocrinology and Oncology, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 32:238-41. 2009..1, PAX8, FOXE1, and NKX2.5) have been associated with the disease...
- Wnt-6 is expressed in the ureter bud and induces kidney tubule development in vitroPetri Itäranta
Biocenter Oulu, Department of Biochemistry, University of Oulu, Linnanmaa 90570 Oulu, Finland
Genesis 32:259-68. 2002..Wnt-6 cells induce tubules with similar kinetics to spinal cord (SPC) and lead to induced expression of Pax2, Pax8, Sfrp2, and E-cadherin genes, early markers of tubulogenesis...
- TAZ interacts with TTF-1 and regulates expression of surfactant protein-CKwon Sik Park
Division of Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
J Biol Chem 279:17384-90. 2004..TAZ binds to TTF-1, increasing the transcriptional activity of TTF-1 on the SP-C promoter. Developmental and cell-selective regulation of TAZ provides a mechanism by which the activity of TTF-1 on target genes is modulated...
- Unusual thyroid tumors: a review of pathologic and molecular diagnosisJennifer L Hunt
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Department of Pathology, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 5:725-34. 2005..be diagnostically useful or explain, in part, their pathogenesis, including the well-known Ret/PTC and PPARgamma-PAX8 translocations, point mutations in the Ret, Ras and BRAF genes, and loss of heterozygosity of multiple different ..
- [Thyroid transcription factors involved in the thyroid hormones biosynthesis]Michał Ambroziak
Zakład Biochemii Klinicznej, Centrum Medyczne Kształcenia Podyplomowego, Warszawa
Postepy Biochem 51:288-96. 2005..Three thyroid transcription factors Titf1/Nkx2-1, Foxel and Pax8 seem to be essential for thyroid development, growth and function...
- PAX8 expression in human bladder cancerLucia Pellizzari
Istituto di Genetica, Policlinico Universitario di Udine, Napoli, Italy
Oncol Rep 16:1015-20. 2006b>PAX8 is a transcription factor with a role in ontogenesis of the urinary tract. The aim of the present investigation was to investigate PAX8 expression in normal bladder and in non-invasive urothelial tumours...
- Six1 and Six4 are essential for Gdnf expression in the metanephric mesenchyme and ureteric bud formation, while Six1 deficiency alone causes mesonephric-tubule defectsHiroki Kobayashi
Division of Integrative Cell Biology, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, 2 2 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Mech Dev 124:290-303. 2007..Six1/Six4-deficient metanephric mesenchyme cells were directed toward kidney lineage but failed to express Pax2, Pax8, or Gdnf, whereas the expression of these genes was partially reduced or unchanged in the case of Six1 deficiency...
- Deletion of the RNaseIII enzyme dicer in thyroid follicular cells causes hypothyroidism with signs of neoplastic alterationsWendy Rodriguez
Institut de Recherche Interdisciplinaire en Biologie Humaine et Moléculaire I R I B H M, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Libre de Bruxelles ULB, Brussels, Belgium
PLoS ONE 7:e29929. 2012..of follicular cells and an ongoing de-differentiation in the center of the thyroid gland, with a loss of Pax8, FoxE1, Nis and Tpo expression...
- Nephrogenic adenoma of the urinary tract: a reviewBorislav A Alexiev
Department of Pathology, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Int J Surg Pathol 20:123-31. 2012..Immunohistochemical studies with antibodies targeting members of the paired box gene family (PAX2 and/or PAX8) in NAs may be helpful in the differential diagnosis of urothelial lesions and prostatic adenocarcinoma...
- Protein gene product 9.5 is diagnostically helpful in delineating high-grade renal cell cancer involving the renal medullary/sinus region from invasive urothelial cell carcinoma of the renal pelvisSven Gunia
Department of Pathology, Johanniter Hospital Stendal, 39576 Stendal, Germany
Hum Pathol 44:712-7. 2013..5, CD10, vimentin, CEA, p63, CK5/6, CK7, CK20, PAX2, PAX8, CD117 (c-Kit), AE1/3, α-methyl CoA racemase, actin, and desmin. Briefly, strong protein gene product 9...
- Significant variation of immunohistochemical marker expression in paired primary and metastatic clear cell renal cell carcinomasZenggang Pan
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Medical Center, Aurora, CO, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 140:410-8. 2013..To compare the immunohistochemical expression of diagnostic markers in primary clear cell renal cell carcinomas (RCCs) and their matched metastases...
- Peripheral hemangioblastoma: clinicopathologic characterization in a series of 22 casesLeona A Doyle
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Am J Surg Pathol 38:119-27. 2014..in 65% (13/20); they also expressed GLUT1 (7/10, mostly weak), SMA (4/5), epithelial membrane antigen (2/8, focal), PAX8 (1/10), and desmin (1/4). Brachyury was consistently negative (0/19), as were keratin, HMB-45, melan-A, and GFAP...
- RONALD JAY KOENIG; Fiscal Year: 2014..transcriptional activity, metabolic effects and tumorigenicity of a unique nuclear receptor transcription factor, PAX8-PPARg Fusion Protein (PPFP) that is produced as a consequence of a chromosomal translocation in follicular thyroid ..
- RONALD JAY KOENIG; Fiscal Year: 2016..Approximately 35% of follicular thyroid carcinomas harbor a chromosomal translocation that fuses paired box gene 8 (PAX8) with the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma gene (PPARG), resulting in production of a PAX8-PPARG ..
- Is thyroxine more than a prohormone?Valerie Anne Galton; Fiscal Year: 2013..We plan to test this hypothesis using our newly created D1/D2KO/Pax8-/- mouse, which can neither synthesize TH, nor convert administered T4 to T3...
- Neil A Hukriede; Fiscal Year: 2015..Aim 2: We will determine the importance of Pax2/Pax8 and Lhx1 during normal kidney organogenesis and during the regenerative response by performing loss-of-function and ..
- Discovering modulators of PAX8 for targeting ovarian cancerWilliam C Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2013..lines coupled with the comprehensive characterization of ovarian cancer genomes pinpointed the expression of the PAX8 transcription factor as a critical vulnerability of the majority of ovarian tumors...
- Factors Regulating Inner Ear SpecificationJean Pierre Saint Jeannet; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this tissue, Sox9 expression is regulated by Fgf and Wnt signaling and co-localizes with Pax8, one of the earliest gene expressed in response to otic placode inducing signals...
- THYROID PHYSIOLOGY STUDIES OF INHERITED DISORDERSSamuel Refetoff; Fiscal Year: 2005..large families with dominantly inherited RTSH, in which the involvement of 5 other candidate genes (TSH receptor, Pax8, TTF-1, TTF-2 and GSa) has been ruled out, will be analyzed by genome-wide screening...
- TUMOR SUPPRESSORS AND DIFFERENTIATED THYROID CANCERNORMAN EBERHARDT; Fiscal Year: 2008..This rearrangement involves a t(2;3)(q 13;p25) translocation, which fuses the thyroid specific transcription factor pax8 gene (chromosome 2) and the PPARgamma receptor gene (chromosome 3), resulting in the expression of a fusion protein,..
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION OF GROWTH HORMONE RELATED GENENORMAN EBERHARDT; Fiscal Year: 2002..The chromosomal TEF-P locus will be cloned and characterized, including chromosomal localization and promoter characterization (Aim 3). ..
- INTRACELLULAR AMYLOIDOGENESIS AND APOPTOSIS IN NIDDMNORMAN EBERHARDT; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will increase our understanding of the contribution of intracellular amyloid accumulation, induction of apoptosis, and/or interference with ER trafficking to the pathogenesis of NIDDM. ..
- Post-transcriptional regulation of gene expression by thyroid hormone receptorsBin Xu; Fiscal Year: 2008..The findings of TR targeted mRNAs will reveal novel functions of TR to regulate gene expression at post-transcriptional levels related to the brain function and neurodevelopment.. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Studies of a Novel Therapeutic Target in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)Ravi Salgia; Fiscal Year: 2011..Conduct an anti-c-Met phase I/I I clinical trial against NSCLC. Through the achievement of the goals proposed in these specific aims, we will arrive at novel therapy against c- Met in lung cancer. ..
- DISSECTING THE EAR NEUROSENSORY DEVELOPMENT.Bernd Fritzsch; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such information is crucial to govern the use of neurotrophins for regeneration, plasticity and maintenance of adult innervation. ..
- DEVELOPMENTAL MECHANISMS OF HOXA5 SPATIAL REGULATIONLucie Jeannotte; Fiscal Year: 2003..Completion of these aims will provide critical information required for elucidating the pathway controlling Hoxa5 expression, information useful to develop a detailed understanding of regional patterning during development. ..
- Nuclear cofactors in Human Thyroid DiseaseRoy Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2007..3) Determine the cause for hypersensitivity to TH. This will allow clinicians to better identify factors influencing thyroid function. ..
- TGF Beta receptor biology in human renal cell carcinomaJOHN COPLAND; Fiscal Year: 2009..Completion of these studies will define the role of TbetaR3 loss in RCC carcinogenesis, the function of TbetaR3 in normal renal biology and carcinogenesis, and the mechanism of regulation of TbetaR3 in RCC biology. ..
- Function and structure of pendrin in thyroid cellsPeter Kopp; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide fundamental insights into the (patho)physiology of this novel anion transporter that has important functions in the thyroid, the kidney and the inner ear. ..
- Thyroid Hormone Receptor Isoforms & Coactivators In VivoRoy Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2005..Such information would generate important leads in understanding the specific mechanistic aspects of TH action. ..