Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PDCD4
Description: programmed cell death 4
Alias: H731, programmed cell death protein 4, neoplastic transformation inhibitor protein, nuclear antigen H731, programmed cell death 4 (neoplastic transformation inhibitor), protein 197/15a
Publications156 found, 100 shown here
- Programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) is an important functional target of the microRNA miR-21 in breast cancer cellsLisa B Frankel
Biotech Research and Innovation Centre, Bioinformatics Centre, University of Copenhagen, DK 2200 N Copenhagen, Denmark
J Biol Chem 283:1026-33. 2008..We furthermore found that the tumor suppressor protein Programmed Cell Death 4 (PDCD4) is regulated by miR-21 and demonstrated that PDCD4 is a functionally important target for miR-21 in breast cancer ..
- MicroRNA-21 promotes cell transformation by targeting the programmed cell death 4 geneZ Lu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Oncogene 27:4373-9. 2008..using a reporter assay and identified a potential miR-21 target in the 3'-UTR of the programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) gene...
- Clinicopathological and prognostic significance of PDCD4 and microRNA-21 in human gastric cancerKazuo Motoyama
Department of Molecular and Surgical Oncology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Beppu 874 0838, Japan
Int J Oncol 36:1089-95. 2010Recent studies have demonstrated that the novel tumor suppressor protein programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) is downregulated in several human solid cancer types and is suppressed by microRNA-21 (miR-21)...
- Negative regulation of TLR4 via targeting of the proinflammatory tumor suppressor PDCD4 by the microRNA miR-21Frederick J Sheedy
School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
Nat Immunol 11:141-7. 2010The tumor suppressor PDCD4 is a proinflammatory protein that promotes activation of the transcription factor NF-kappaB and suppresses interleukin 10 (IL-10)...
- MicroRNA-21 promotes cell proliferation and down-regulates the expression of programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) in HeLa cervical carcinoma cellsQing Yao
Key Laboratory of Gene Engineering of the Ministry of Education, State Key Laboratory for Biocontrol, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510275, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 388:539-42. 2009..caused profound suppression of cell proliferation, and up-regulated the expression of the tumor suppressor gene PDCD4. We also provide direct evidence that PDCD4-3'UTR is a functional target of miR-21 and that the 18bp putative ..
- Ursolic acid inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis in human glioblastoma cell lines U251 by suppressing TGF-β1/miR-21/PDCD4 pathwayJian Wang
Department of Neurosurgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, China
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 111:106-12. 2012..The expression of programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4), which is a miR-21 targeting apoptotic gene, has also been enhanced by UA...
- Down-regulation of PDCD4 expression is an independent predictor of poor prognosis in human renal cell carcinoma patientsXiancheng Li
Department of Urology, First Affiliated Hospital of Dalian Medical University, 116011 Dalian, China
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 138:529-35. 2012The tumor suppressor gene entitled programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) encodes a protein that inhibits neoplastic transformation and invasion...
- miR-21 promotes fibrogenic epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition of epicardial mesothelial cells involving Programmed Cell Death 4 and Sprouty-1Hasse Brønnum
Laboratory for Molecular and Cellular Cardiology, Department of Clinical Biochemistry and Pharmacology, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
PLoS ONE 8:e56280. 2013..differentially regulated during fibrogenic EMT of EMCs and miR-21-dependent targeting of Programmed Cell Death 4 (PDCD4) and Sprouty Homolog 1 (SPRY1) significantly contributed to the development of a fibroblastoid phenotype...
- The autoregulatory feedback loop of microRNA-21/programmed cell death protein 4/activation protein-1 (MiR-21/PDCD4/AP-1) as a driving force for hepatic fibrosis developmentZhengping Zhang
From the State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China and
J Biol Chem 288:37082-93. 2013..We further found that miR-21 maintained itself at constant high levels by using a microRNA-21/programmed cell death protein 4/activation protein-1 (miR-21/PDCD4/AP-1) feedback loop...
- Programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) expression during multistep Barrett's carcinogenesisMatteo Fassan
Department of Medical Diagnostic Sciences, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
J Clin Pathol 63:692-6. 2010To test the contribution of programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) tumour suppressor gene in Barrett's carcinogenesis.
- Akt phosphorylates and regulates Pdcd4 tumor suppressor proteinAlexey Palamarchuk
Comprehensive Cancer Center, Human Cancer Genetics Program, and Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics, Ohio State University School of Medicine, Columbus, 43210, USA
Cancer Res 65:11282-6. 2005Programmed cell death 4 (Pdcd4) is a tumor suppressor protein that interacts with eukaryotic initiation factor 4A and inhibits protein synthesis...
- Downregulation of E-cadherin is an essential event in activating beta-catenin/Tcf-dependent transcription and expression of its target genes in Pdcd4 knockdown cellsQ Wang
Graduate Center for Toxicology, College of Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Oncogene 29:128-38. 2010We reported earlier that knockdown of tumor suppressor Pdcd4 (programed cell death 4) downregulates E-cadherin expression and activates beta-catenin/Tcf (T-cell factor)-dependent transcription in colon tumor cells...
- Programmed cell death 4 protein in esophageal cancerMatteo Fassan
Department of Medical Diagnostic Sciences and Special Therapies, University of Padova, Padova PD, I 35100, Italy
Oncol Rep 24:135-9. 2010Screening for genes down-regulated in esophageal cancers (Oncomine database) pinpointed programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) as one of the most consistently involved...
- Isolation of a novel mouse gene MA-3 that is induced upon programmed cell deathK Shibahara
Department of Medical Chemistry, Kyoto University Faculty of Medicine, Japan
Gene 166:297-301. 1995..The MA-3 gene was highly conserved during evolution and cross-hybridization bands were found not only in vertebrates but also in Drosophila melanogaster...
- Differential transcriptional regulation of CD161 and a novel gene, 197/15a, by IL-2, IL-15, and IL-12 in NK and T cellsL Azzoni
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Immunol 161:3493-500. 1998....
- Novel human PDCD4 (H731) gene expressed in proliferative cells is expressed in the small duct epithelial cells of the breast as revealed by an anti-H731 antibodyH Yoshinaga
Department of Biochemistry, Saga Medical School, Nabeshima, Japan
Pathol Int 49:1067-77. 1999The novel gene H731 (approved name: PDCD4 (programmed cell death 4)) has been isolated as an antigen gene of the monoclonal antibody Pr-28 which recognized a nuclear antigen in proliferating cells...
- Loss of PDCD4 expression in human lung cancer correlates with tumour progression and prognosisYuan Chen
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Charite, Humboldt University, Schumannstrasse 20 21, D 10098 Berlin, Germany
J Pathol 200:640-6. 2003The programmed cell death 4 gene (PDCD4), a newly identified transformation suppressor, was analysed in lung tumour cell lines and primary lung carcinomas...
- A novel function of the MA-3 domains in transformation and translation suppressor Pdcd4 is essential for its binding to eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4AHsin Sheng Yang
Gene Regulation Section, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:3894-906. 2004..human eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4G (eIF4G) and DAP-5/NAT1/p97, as well as in the tumor suppressor Pdcd4. The function of the MA-3 domain is, however, unknown...
- Programmed cell death protein 4 suppresses CDK1/cdc2 via induction of p21(Waf1/Cip1)R Göke
Clinical Research Unit, University Hospital of Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, D 35033 Marburg, Germany
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 287:C1541-6. 2004We show that the recently discovered tumor suppressor pdcd4 represses the transcription of the mitosis-promoting factor cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK)1/cdc2 via upregulation of p21(Waf1/Cip1). p21(Waf1/Cip1) inhibits CDK4/6 and CDK2...
- S6K1- and betaTRCP-mediated degradation of PDCD4 promotes protein translation and cell growthN Valerio Dorrello
Department of Pathology, NYU Cancer Institute, New York University School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, MSB 599, New York, NY 10016, USA
Science 314:467-71. 2006The tumor suppressor programmed cell death protein 4 (PDCD4) inhibits the translation initiation factor eIF4A, an RNA helicase that catalyzes the unwinding of secondary structure at the 5' untranslated region (5'UTR) of messenger RNAs (..
- Tumor suppressor Pdcd4 inhibits invasion/intravasation and regulates urokinase receptor (u-PAR) gene expression via Sp-transcription factorsJ H Leupold
The Department of Experimental Surgery and Molecular Oncology of Solid Tumors, Medical Faculty Mannheim, University Heidelberg and DKFZ Heidelberg, Germany
Oncogene 26:4550-62. 2007Tumor suppressor Pdcd4 has recently been shown to inhibit invasion by activating activator protein-1 (AP-1); however, little is known of the functionally significant Pdcd4-target genes...
- Downregulation of tumor suppressor Pdcd4 promotes invasion and activates both beta-catenin/Tcf and AP-1-dependent transcription in colon carcinoma cellsQ Wang
Graduate Center for Toxicology, College of Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
Oncogene 27:1527-35. 2008Programmed cell death 4 (Pdcd4) is a tumor suppressor that inhibits neoplastic transformation and tumor invasion...
- Loss of programmed cell death 4 expression marks adenoma-carcinoma transition, correlates inversely with phosphorylated protein kinase B, and is an independent prognostic factor in resected colorectal cancerGiridhar Mudduluru
Department of Experimental Surgery Mannheim Molecular Oncology of Solid Tumors, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum and University Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Cancer 110:1697-707. 2007Programmed cell death 4 (Pdcd4) inhibits malignant transformation, and initial studies of Pdcd4 suggested the regulation of Pdcd4 localization by protein kinase B (Akt)...
- The action of Pdcd4 may be cell type specific: evidence that reduction of dUTPase levels might contribute to its tumor suppressor activity in Bon-1 cellsBrigitte Lankat-Buttgereit
Clinical Research Unit for Gastrointestinal Endocrinology, University Hospital of Giessen and Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, Marburg, Germany
Apoptosis 13:157-64. 2008Pdcd4 (programmed cell death protein 4) was identified as a gene up-regulated during apoptosis and, additionally, seems to have a function as a tumor suppressor...
- PDCD4 inhibits translation initiation by binding to eIF4A using both its MA3 domainsChikako Suzuki
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:3274-9. 2008Programmed Cell Death 4 (PDCD4) is a protein known to bind eukaryotic initiation factor 4A (eIF4A), inhibit translation initiation, and act as a tumor suppressor...
- siRNA-mediated knockdown of Pdcd4 expression causes upregulation of p21(Waf1/Cip1) expressionN Bitomsky
1Institut für Biochemie, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Munster, Germany
Oncogene 27:4820-9. 2008The transformation suppressor gene, programmed cell death gene 4 (Pdcd4), inhibits tumor-promoter-mediated transformation of mouse keratinocytes and has been implicated as a tumor suppressor gene in the development of human cancer...
- SMAD proteins control DROSHA-mediated microRNA maturationBrandi N Davis
Department of Biochemistry, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Nature 454:56-61. 2008..miR-21 downregulates PDCD4 (programmed cell death 4), which in turn acts as a negative regulator of smooth muscle contractile genes...
- MicroRNA-21 down-regulates the expression of tumor suppressor PDCD4 in human glioblastoma cell T98GYang Chen
National Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, No 5 Dong Dan San Tiao, Beijing 100005, PR China
Cancer Lett 272:197-205. 2008..Luciferase activity assay showed that a number of genes involved in apoptosis, PDCD4, MTAP, and SOX5, carry putative miR-21 binding sites...
- Expression and prognostic significance of PDCD4 in human epithelial ovarian carcinomaXiaoyan Wang
Institute of Immunology, School of Medicine, Shandong University, Jinan 250012, Shandong, P R China
Anticancer Res 28:2991-6. 2008Programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) is a newly discovered tumor suppressor. The aim of this study was to investigate the expression and prognostic significance of PDCD4 in epithelial ovarian cancer.
- Structural basis for translational inhibition by the tumour suppressor Pdcd4Portia G Loh
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Proteos, Singapore
EMBO J 28:274-85. 2009b>Pdcd4 is a tumour suppressor protein. It inhibits translation through interaction with translation initiator eIF4A, resulting in the suppression of neoplastic transformation and tumour invasion...
- Crystal structure of the eIF4A-PDCD4 complexJeong Ho Chang
National Creative Initiatives for Structural Biology and Department of Life Science, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Hyo ja dong, San31, Pohang, KyungBook, South Korea
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:3148-53. 2009Tumor suppressor programmed cell death protein 4 (PDCD4) inhibits the translation initiation factor eIF4A, an RNA helicase that catalyzes the unwinding of secondary structure at the 5'-untranslated region of mRNAs and controls the ..
- Loss of Programmed cell death 4 (Pdcd4) associates with the progression of ovarian cancerN A Wei
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, PR China
Mol Cancer 8:70. 2009Programmed cell death 4 (Pdcd4) is a novel tumour suppressor and originally identified as a neoplastic transformation inhibitor...
- Pdcd4, a colon cancer prognostic that is regulated by a microRNAHeike Allgayer
Dept Experimental Surgery Molecular Oncology of Solid Tumors Collaboration Unit German Cancer Research Center DKFZ Heidelberg, Medical Faculty Mannheim, Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, 68167 Mannheim, Germany
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 73:185-91. 2010The novel tumor suppressor Pdcd4 inhibits neoplastic transformation, tumor progression and translation...
- Interaction of Pdcd4 with eIF4E inhibits the metastatic potential of hepatocellular carcinomaYing Jiang
Department of Gastroenterology, Provincial Hospital, Shandong University, 324, Jingwu Road, Jinan Shandong, 250021, PR China
Biomed Pharmacother 64:424-9. 2010..We also found that PDCD4 inhibits JNK activity resulting in inhibition of the phosphorylation of c-Jun, one isoform of AP-1...
- Pdcd4 repression of lysyl oxidase inhibits hypoxia-induced breast cancer cell invasionA N Santhanam
Gene Regulation Section, Laboratory of Cancer Prevention, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Oncogene 29:3921-32. 2010..Our studies have revealed that the novel tumor suppressor Pdcd4 inhibits breast cancer cell migration and invasion in vitro...
- Programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) mediates the sensitivity of gastric cancer cells to TRAIL-induced apoptosis by down-regulation of FLIP expressionWeiqiang Wang
Department of Gastroenterology, Southwest Hospital, The Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
Exp Cell Res 316:2456-64. 2010..We first detected expression of programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) in three gastric cancer cell lines and identified its association with the sensitivity of gastric cancer cells to ..
- Pdcd4 expression in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm of the pancreas: its association with tumor progression and proliferationAkifumi Hayashi
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University 3 1 1 Maidashi, Fukuoka, 812 8582, Japan
Hum Pathol 41:1507-15. 2010..Therefore, programmed cell death 4 can be an important biomarker for intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm...
- Programmed cell death 4 enhances chemosensitivity of ovarian cancer cells by activating death receptor pathway in vitro and in vivoXia Zhang
Department of Immunology, Shandong University School of Medicine, Jinan, China
Cancer Sci 101:2163-70. 2010..We previously reported that programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4), a tumor suppressor, significantly suppresses the malignant phenotype of ovarian cancer cells and its lost or low ..
- Programmed cell death 4 loss increases tumor cell invasion and is regulated by miR-21 in oral squamous cell carcinomaPatricia P Reis
Division of Applied Molecular Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, Ontario Cancer Institute, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mol Cancer 9:238. 2010The tumor suppressor Programmed Cell Death 4 (PDCD4) has been found to be under-expressed in several cancers and associated with disease progression and metastasis...
- Structure of the tandem MA-3 region of Pdcd4 protein and characterization of its interactions with eIF4A and eIF4G: molecular mechanisms of a tumor suppressorLorna C Waters
Department of Biochemistry, Henry Wellcome Building, University of Leicester, Lancaster Road, Leicester LE1 9HN, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 286:17270-80. 2011..The tumor suppressor protein Pdcd4 has been shown to inhibit cap-dependent translation by interacting tightly with the RNA helicase eIF4A via its ..
- Pdcd4 directly binds the coding region of c-myb mRNA and suppresses its translationP Singh
Institute for Biochemistry, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Munster, Germany
Oncogene 30:4864-73. 2011b>Pdcd4 is a novel tumor suppressor protein that functions in the nucleus and the cytoplasm, and appears to be involved in the regulation of transcription and translation...
- Loss of programmed cell death 4 induces apoptosis by promoting the translation of procaspase-3 mRNAK Eto
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kumamoto University, Japan
Cell Death Differ 19:573-81. 2012The programmed cell death 4 (Pdcd4), a translation inhibitor, plays an essential role in tumor suppression, but its role in apoptosis remains unclear...
- Tumor suppressor protein Pdcd4 inhibits translation of p53 mRNALena Wedeken
Institut fur Biochemie, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, D 48149 Munster, Germany
J Biol Chem 286:42855-62. 2011The tumor suppressor protein Pdcd4 is thought to suppress translation of mRNAs containing structured 5'-UTRs by interacting with translation initiation factor eIF4A and inhibiting its helicase activity...
- Promoter cloning and characterization of the human programmed cell death protein 4 (pdcd4) gene: evidence for ZBP-89 and Sp-binding motifs as essential Pdcd4 regulatorsJörg Hendrik Leupold
Michigan Center for Translational Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Biosci Rep 32:281-97. 2012Pdcd4 (programmed cell death protein 4) is an important novel tumour suppressor inhibiting transformation, translation, invasion and intravasation, and its expression is down-regulated in several cancers...
- PDCD4 expression inversely correlated with miR-21 levels in gastric cancersZhang Cao
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, 505 Banpo Dong, Seocho Gu, Seoul 137 701, Korea
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 138:611-9. 2012The specific aim of this study was to investigate whether the PDCD4 gene is involved in the development and progression of gastric cancer.
- Tumour suppressive function and modulation of programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) in ovarian cancerNa Wei
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Queen Mary Hospital, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
PLoS ONE 7:e30311. 2012Programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4), originally identified as the neoplastic transformation inhibitor, was attenuated in various cancer types...
- Tumor suppressor PDCD4 represses internal ribosome entry site-mediated translation of antiapoptotic proteins and is regulated by S6 kinase 2Urszula Liwak
Apoptosis Research Centre, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 32:1818-29. 2012..We now show that the FGF-2-S6K2 prosurvival signaling is mediated by the tumor suppressor programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4)...
- Regulatory effects of programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) protein in interferon (IFN)-stimulated gene expression and generation of type I IFN responsesBarbara Kroczynska
Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center and Division of Hematology Oncology, Northwestern University Medical School and Jesse Brown Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Mol Cell Biol 32:2809-22. 2012..We provide evidence that IFN-α induces phosphorylation of programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) protein on Ser67...
- PDCD4/miR-21 dysregulation in inflammatory bowel disease-associated carcinogenesisKathrin Ludwig
Department of Medicine DIMED, Surgical Pathology and Cytopathology Unit, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Virchows Arch 462:57-63. 2013..The programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) tumor suppressor gene is involved in sporadic colorectal oncogenesis, but scanty information is available on its ..
- MicroRNA-182 promotes cell growth, invasion, and chemoresistance by targeting programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) in human ovarian carcinomasYu Quan Wang
Department of Gynecology, The Second Hospital of Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin, China
J Cell Biochem 114:1464-73. 2013As an important tumor suppressor, programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) influences transcription and translation of multiple genes, and modulates different signal transduction pathways...
- Down-regulation of programmed cell death 4 leads to epithelial to mesenchymal transition and promotes metastasis in miceQing Wang
Graduate Center for Toxicology, College of Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Eur J Cancer 49:1761-70. 2013In this study, we demonstrated that knockdown of programmed cell death 4 (Pdcd4), a novel tumour suppressor, decreased the expressions of epithelial-specific proteins and increased the expressions of mesenchymal-specific proteins in ..
- Tumor suppressor gene PDCD4 negatively regulates autophagy by inhibiting the expression of autophagy-related gene ATG5Xingguo Song
Department of Immunology, Shandong University, School of Medicine, Shangdong, China
Autophagy 9:743-55. 2013PDCD4 (programmed cell death protein 4), a suppressor of gene transcription and translation, plays a crucial inhibitory role in several types of human tumors. However, its underlying mechanisms remain unclear...
- Tumor suppressor protein Pdcd4 interacts with Daxx and modulates the stability of Daxx and the Hipk2-dependent phosphorylation of p53 at serine 46N Kumar
1 Institut für Biochemie, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Munster, Germany 2 Graduate School of Chemistry GSC MS, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Germany
Oncogenesis 2:e37. 2013The tumor suppressor protein Pdcd4 is a nuclear/cytoplasmic shuttling protein that has been implicated in the development of several types of human cancer...
- miR-21 represses Pdcd4 during cardiac valvulogenesisHeather J Kolpa
Cardiovascular Research Center, Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Development 140:2172-80. 2013..b>PDCD4 knockdown alone was sufficient to enhance endothelial cell migration...
- Downregulation of programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) in tumorigenesis and progression of human digestive tract cancersGang Ma
Department of Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang, People s Republic of China
Tumour Biol 34:3879-85. 2013..The development of diagnosis and therapy is urgently required. Programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4), a new tumor suppressor, has been documented to be a potential diagnostic tool and treatment target for neoplasia ..
- Downregulation of microRNA-182 inhibits cell growth and invasion by targeting programmed cell death 4 in human lung adenocarcinoma cellsMin Wang
Department of Respiratory Medicine, People s Hospital of Zhengzhou, Zhengzhou, 450053, China
Tumour Biol 35:39-46. 2014Lung cancer is a major cause of cancer death worldwide. Programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4), an important tumor suppressor, influences transcription and translation of multiple genes and modulates different signal transduction pathways...
- Tumor suppressor PDCD4 modulates miR-184-mediated direct suppression of C-MYC and BCL2 blocking cell growth and survival in nasopharyngeal carcinomaYan Zhen
1 Department of Pathology, Basic School, Guangzhou Medical University, Guangzhou 510182, PR China 2 Cancer Research Institute, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, PR China 3 Institute of Respiratory Diseases, Affiliated Hospital of Guangdong Medical College, Zhanjiang 524000, PR China
Cell Death Dis 4:e872. 2013Programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4), a novel tumor suppressor, inhibits cell proliferation, migration and invasion as well as promotes cell apoptosis in tumors...
- Control of a tumor suppressor PDCD4: Degradation mechanisms of the protein in hepatocellular carcinoma cellsSachiko Matsuhashi
Department of Internal Medicine, Saga Medical School, Saga University, Japan Electronic address
Cell Signal 26:603-10. 2014..TGF-β1 up-regulates the expression of PDCD4 causing apoptosis, by stimulating the synthesis of PDCD4 mRNA via the Smad signaling pathway...
- Tumor suppressor PDCD4 inhibits NF-κB-dependent transcription in human glioblastoma cells by direct interaction with p65Soon Kyung Hwang
Laboratory of Cancer Prevention, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Frederick National Laboratory, 1050 Boyles Street, Bldg 576, Rm 101, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Carcinogenesis 35:1469-80. 2014b>PDCD4 is a tumor suppressor induced by apoptotic stimuli that regulates both translation and transcription...
- PDCD4 as a predictor of sensitivity to neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy in locally advanced rectal cancer patientsXue Dou
Department of Radiation Oncology, Shandong Cancer Hospital and Institute, Shandong Academy of Medical Sciences, University of Jinan, Jinan, China E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 15:825-30. 2014The purpose of this study was to examine the role of programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) expression in predicting tumor response to neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy and outcomes for patients with locally advanced rectal cancer.
- Assignment of the programmed cell death 4 gene (PDCD4) to human chromosome band 10q24 by in situ hybridizationH Soejima
Department of Biochemistry, Saga Medical School, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Japan
Cytogenet Cell Genet 87:113-4. 1999
- Up-regulation of PDCD4 in senescent human diploid fibroblastsMin Ji Kang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Ilchun Molecular Medicine Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongondong, Chongnogu, Seoul 110 799, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 293:617-21. 2002Programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) has a common MI domain sharing with death associated protein 5 (DAP5) and a component of eukaryotic translation initiation factor (eIF4G) complex and it might also work as a tumor suppressor...
- Tumorigenesis suppressor Pdcd4 down-regulates mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase kinase 1 expression to suppress colon carcinoma cell invasionHsin Sheng Yang
Laboratory of Cancer Prevention, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:1297-306. 2006Programmed cell death 4 (Pdcd4) suppresses neoplastic transformation by inhibiting the activation of c-Jun and consequently AP-1-dependent transcription...
- Translation inhibitor Pdcd4 is targeted for degradation during tumor promotionTobias Schmid
Laboratory of Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Cancer Res 68:1254-60. 2008..The translation inhibitor programmed cell death 4 (Pdcd4) suppresses tumorigenesis and invasion...
- Programmed cell death 4 inhibits breast cancer cell invasion by increasing tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-2 expressionRene Nieves-Alicea
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Unit 422, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 114:203-9. 2009..that PGE(2) and IL-8 decreased the expression of the tumor suppressor protein Programmed Cell Death 4 (PDCD4). We hypothesized that suppression of PDCD4 expression is vital to the invasive activity of PGE(2) and IL-8...
- Knockdown of Pdcd4 results in induction of proprotein convertase 1/3 and potent secretion of chromogranin A and secretogranin II in a neuroendocrine cell lineBrigitte Lankat-Buttgereit
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Gastroenterology, Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, D 35033 Marburg, Germany
Biol Cell 100:703-15. 2008b>Pdcd4 (programmed cell death 4) is up-regulated during apoptosis and seems to play an important role as a tumour suppressor...
- PDCD4 inhibits the malignant phenotype of ovarian cancer cellsZeng Tao Wei
Institute of Immunology, Chinese Ministry of Education and Chinese Ministry of Health, Qilu Hospital, Jinan, China
Cancer Sci 100:1408-13. 2009Programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) is a newly identified tumor suppressor that can inhibit activator protein (AP)-1 activation and protein translation...
- Programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) enhances the sensitivity of gastric cancer cells to TRAIL-induced apoptosis by inhibiting the PI3K/Akt signaling pathwayWei Qiang Wang
Department of Gastroenterology, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Mol Diagn Ther 14:155-61. 2010..The mechanisms underlying this resistance are unclear. The aim of this study was to explore the role of programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) in regulating TRAIL sensitivity in gastric cancer cells.
- Expression of programmed cell death protein 4 (PDCD4) and miR-21 in urothelial carcinomaNicolas Fischer
Department of Urology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 417:29-34. 2012We investigated the role of the programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) tumor suppressor gene in specimens of transitional cell carcinoma and of healthy individuals.
- Pdcd4 knockdown up-regulates MAP4K1 expression and activation of AP-1 dependent transcription through c-MycQing Wang
Graduate Center for Toxicology, College of Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1823:1807-14. 2012Programmed cell death 4 (Pdcd4) is a novel tumor suppressor, whose expression is frequently down-regulated in several types of cancers...
- Involvement of programmed cell death 4 in transforming growth factor-beta1-induced apoptosis in human hepatocellular carcinomaH Zhang
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hepatology and Metabolism, Saga Medical School, Saga University, Saga, Japan
Oncogene 25:6101-12. 2006The programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) gene was originally identified as a tumor-related gene in humans and acts as a tumor-suppressor in mouse epidermal carcinoma cells...
- Programmed cell death protein 4 (PDCD4) acts as a tumor suppressor in neuroendocrine tumor cellsRüdiger Göke
Clinical Research Unit for Gastrointestinal Endocrinology, University of Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1014:220-1. 2004b>PDCD4 is a new tumor suppressor gene. In the current study, we show that overexpression of PDCD4 in carcinoid cells results in inhibition of cell proliferation...
- Pdcd4 protein and mRNA level alterations do not correlate in human lung tumorsSvetlana V Kalinichenko
Institute of Gene Biology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Lung Cancer 62:173-80. 2008b>Pdcd4 (programmed cell death 4) gene is tumor suppressor which expression is frequently down-regulated in tumors, which is considered as a diagnostic and prognostic marker as well as promising target for anti-cancer therapy...
- MicroRNA-21 is overexpressed in human cholangiocarcinoma and regulates programmed cell death 4 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 3Florin M Selaru
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Hepatology 49:1595-601. 2009..995. Inhibitors of miR-21 increased protein levels of programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 3 (TIMP3)...
- MicroRNA-21 regulates the proliferation and invasion in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaYukiharu Hiyoshi
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 15:1915-22. 2009..The aim of this study was (a) to determine a role of microRNA-21 in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma and (b) to elucidate the regulation of the programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) gene by microRNA-21.
- microRNA 21: response to hormonal therapies and regulatory function in leiomyoma, transformed leiomyoma and leiomyosarcoma cellsQun Pan
Department of Ob Gyn, University of Florida, Box 100294, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Mol Hum Reprod 16:215-27. 2010..in differential expression of many genes, including some of the miR-21-predicted/validated target genes, PTEN, PDCD4 and E2F1, and TGF-betaRII, in a cell-specific manner...
- Cholesteatoma growth and proliferation: posttranscriptional regulation by microRNA-21David R Friedland
Department of Otolaryngology and Communication Sciences, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Otol Neurotol 30:998-1005. 2009..The goal of this study was to identify novel regulatory mechanisms controlling the growth and proliferation of cholesteatoma. Specifically, the potential role of microRNAs, regulators of protein translation, was studied in cholesteatoma...
- Expression of miR-21 and its targets (PTEN, PDCD4, TM1) in flat epithelial atypia of the breast in relation to ductal carcinoma in situ and invasive carcinomaLiqiang Qi
Department of Pathology and Medical Biology, Groningen University Medical Centre and University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
BMC Cancer 9:163. 2009..So far, miRNA expression changes associated with invasive breast cancer, like miR-21, have not been studied in FEA...
- A network model of a cooperative genetic landscape in brain tumorsMarkus Bredel
Department of Neurological Surgery, Northwestern Brain Tumor Institute and Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611 3015, USA
JAMA 302:261-75. 2009..A persistent question concerns the biological basis for the coselection of these alterations during gliomagenesis...
- Characterization of programmed cell death 4 in multiple human cancers reveals a novel enhancer of drug sensitivityAaron P Jansen
Gene Regulation Section, Laboratory of Cancer Prevention, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 3:103-10. 2004Programmed cell death 4 (Pdcd4), originally identified as an inhibitor of murine cellular transformation, inhibits protein synthesis by directly interacting with eukaryotic initiation factor 4A (eIF4A) of the translation initiation ..
- Expression of mutated IGHV3-23 genes in chronic lymphocytic leukemia identifies a disease subset with peculiar clinical and biological featuresRiccardo Bomben
Clinical and Experimental Onco Hematology Unit, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, I R C C S, Aviano PN, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 16:620-8. 2010..Here we investigated novel associations between usage of specific IGHV genes and clinical features in CLL...
- Decreased level of PDCD4 (programmed cell death 4) protein activated cell proliferation in the lung of A/J mouseSoon Kyung Hwang
Laboratory of Toxicology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv 23:285-93. 2010Programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4), a protein that binds to eukaryotic initiation factor 4A (eIF4A), inhibits the initiation of translation...
- The transformation suppressor Pdcd4 is a novel eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4A binding protein that inhibits translationHsin Sheng Yang
Gene Regulation Section, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:26-37. 2003b>Pdcd4 is a novel transformation suppressor that inhibits tumor promoter-induced neoplastic transformation and the activation of AP-1-dependent transcription required for transformation...
- PDCD4 gene silencing in gliomas is associated with 5'CpG island methylation and unfavourable prognosisFei Gao
Department of Immunology, School of Medicine, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, China
J Cell Mol Med 13:4257-67. 2009Programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) is a newly described tumour suppressor that inhibits oncogenesis by suppressing gene transcription and translation...
- MicroRNA-21 protects against the H(2)O(2)-induced injury on cardiac myocytes via its target gene PDCD4Yunhui Cheng
RNA and Cardiovascular Research Laboratory, Department of Anesthesiology, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ 07101 1709, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 47:5-14. 2009..Programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) that was regulated by miR-21 and was a direct target of miR-21 in cardiac myocytes...
- Pdcd4 suppresses tumor phenotype in JB6 cells by inhibiting AP-1 transactivationHsin Sheng Yang
Gene Regulation Section, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Oncogene 22:3712-20. 2003Transformation suppressor Pdcd4 is downregulated in transformed (Tx) mouse epidermal JB6 RT101 cells relative to transformation-resistant (P-) and susceptible (P+) variants...
- Programmed cell death-4 tumor suppressor protein contributes to retinoic acid-induced terminal granulocytic differentiation of human myeloid leukemia cellsBulent Ozpolat
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cancer Res 5:95-108. 2007Programmed cell death-4 (PDCD4) is a recently discovered tumor suppressor protein that inhibits protein synthesis by suppression of translation initiation...
- Expression patterns of programmed cell death 4 protein in normal human skin and some representative skin lesionsSachiko Matsuhashi
Division of Hepatology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Saga Medical School, Saga University, Saga, Japan
Exp Dermatol 16:179-84. 2007Expression of a tumor suppressor gene, programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4), was investigated at the protein level in the human skin...
- Anti-miR-21 oligonucleotide sensitizes leukemic K562 cells to arsenic trioxide by inducing apoptosisYumin Li
Department of Biochemistry, Medical College of Jinan University, Guangzhou, China
Cancer Sci 101:948-54. 2010..Furthermore, dual-luciferase reporter vector, containing two tandem miR-21 binding sites from PDCD4 3'UTR, validated that PDCD4 was directly regulated by miR-21...
- Pdcd4 inhibits growth of tumor cells by suppression of carbonic anhydrase type IIB Lankat-Buttgereit
Clinical Research Unit for Gastrointestinal Endocrinology, University of Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, 35033 Marburg, Germany
Mol Cell Endocrinol 214:149-53. 2004To identify new genes that are upregulated during apoptosis we previously cloned rat pdcd4. While the role of pdcd4 is still unclear it seems to possess a tumor suppressor activity...
- Development of LanthaScreen cellular assays for key components within the PI3K/AKT/mTOR pathwayCoby B Carlson
Invitrogen Discovery Sciences, Madison, Wisconsin 53719, USA
J Biomol Screen 14:121-32. 2009..are highlighted: Ser183 and Thr246 on the proline-rich AKT substrate 40 kDa (PRAS40), Ser457 on programmed cell death protein 4 (PDCD4), and Thr308 and Ser473 on AKT...
- BMP-6 inhibits microRNA-21 expression in breast cancer through repressing deltaEF1 and AP-1Jun Du
Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Medical College of Nankai University, 94 Weijin Road, Tianjin 300071, China
Cell Res 19:487-96. 2009..We also demonstrated that BMP-6-induced downregulation of miR-21 modified the activity of PDCD4 3'UTR and inhibited MDA-MB-231 cell invasion...
- Resveratrol modulates the levels of microRNAs targeting genes encoding tumor-suppressors and effectors of TGFβ signaling pathway in SW480 cellsEsmerina Tili
Ohio State University, Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 80:2057-65. 2010..cytoplasmic RNase III producing mature microRNAs from their immediate precursors, tumor-suppressor factors such as PDCD4 or PTEN, as well as key effectors of the TGFβ signaling pathway, while increasing the levels of miR-663, a tumor-..
- [Study on the sensitivity of leukemic cells to arsenic trioxide enhanced by targeted suppression of mIRNA-21]Yu min Li
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical College of Jinan University, College of Jinan University, Guangzhou
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 30:170-3. 2010..To study the effect of antisense oligonucleotide targeted on miRNA-21 (AMO-miR-21) for enhancing the arsenic trioxide (As2O3) sensitivity of leukemic K562 cells and its possible acting mechanism...
- Epidermal expression of the translation inhibitor programmed cell death 4 suppresses tumorigenesisAaron P Jansen
Gene Regulation Section, Laboratory of Cancer Prevention, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Cancer Res 65:6034-41. 2005Programmed cell death 4 (Pdcd4) is a novel repressor of in vitro transformation. Pdcd4 directly inhibits the helicase activity of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4A, a component of the translation initiation complex...
- Frequent loss of PDCD4 expression in human glioma: possible role in the tumorigenesis of gliomaFei Gao
Institute of Immunology, School of Medicine, Qilu Hospital, Shangdong University, Shandong, 44 Wenhua Xilu, Jinan 250021, P R China
Oncol Rep 17:123-8. 2007Programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) was recently identified as a novel tumor suppressor gene. The loss of PDCD4 expression was found in several types of human cancer cell lines...
- Aerosol-delivered programmed cell death 4 enhanced apoptosis, controlled cell cycle and suppressed AP-1 activity in the lungs of AP-1 luciferase reporter miceS K Hwang
Laboratory of Toxicology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Gene Ther 14:1353-61. 2007..In this study, glucosylated polyethylenimine (GPEI) was used as carrier to investigate programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) and PDCD4 mutant (D418A), an eIF4A-binding mutant, on PDCD4-related signaling and activator protein-1 (AP-1) ..
- MicroRNA-21 (miR-21) post-transcriptionally downregulates tumor suppressor Pdcd4 and stimulates invasion, intravasation and metastasis in colorectal cancerI A Asangani
Department of Experimental Surgery and Molecular Oncology of Solid Tumors, Medical Faculty Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Oncogene 27:2128-36. 2008Tumor-suppressor Pdcd4 inhibits transformation and invasion and is downregulated in cancers. So far, it has not been studied as to whether miRNAs, suppressing target expression by binding to the 3'-UTR, regulate Pdcd4 or invasion...
- Programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) suppresses metastastic potential of human hepatocellular carcinoma cellsShuhong Zhang
Department of Gastroenterology, Shandong Provincial Hospital Affiliated to Shandong University324 Jingwu Weiqi Road, Jinan 250021, PR China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 28:71. 2009..There are no effective managements to block metastasis of HCC. Programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) is found to be a tumor transformation suppressor...
- Development of a high-throughput cell-based reporter assay to identify stabilizers of tumor suppressor Pdcd4Johanna S Blees
Institute of Biochemistry I, Goethe University Frankfurt am Main, Frankfurt, Germany
J Biomol Screen 15:21-9. 2010The novel tumor suppressor Pdcd4 affects tumorigenesis by inhibiting translation. Pdcd4 is phosphorylated and subsequently lost by proteasomal degradation in response to tumor-promoting conditions...
- An essential role of PDCD4 in vascular smooth muscle cell apoptosis and proliferation: implications for vascular diseaseXiaojun Liu
Department of Anesthesiology, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 298:C1481-8. 2010..In the current study, we have found that programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) is significantly downregulated in balloon-injured rat carotid arteries in vivo and in platelet-derived growth ..
- Role of miRNAs in Vascular PhysiologyAkiko Hata; Fiscal Year: 2012..Induction of miR-21 in PASMCs leads to downregulation of Programmed Cell Death 4 (PDCD4) which in turn leads to the elevation of VSMC-specific gene expression...
- Gang Liu; Fiscal Year: 2015..Target predictions as well as previous studies demonstrate that miR-21 regulates the expression of PDCD4, Smad7, Spry1, and PTEN...
- Asim B Abdel-Mageed; Fiscal Year: 2015..miR-155) and oncogenic mRNAs (H-Ras and K-Ras), which in turn down-regulated several key tumor suppressors (TP53, PDCD4 and Lats2) in pASCs...
- Michele Pagano; Fiscal Year: 2016..For example, we found that: the translation inhibitor Pdcd4 and the pro-apoptotic protein BimEL are degraded in a [unreadable]TrCP-dependent manner in response to growth and ..
- The Effect of Diet and Nutrients on the Progression and Treatment of Prostate CanGeorge Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2013..pathway, which is opposed by a large number of tumor suppressors including PTEN, TSC1/2, NF1, LKB1, 4E-BP1, PDCD4, and PML...
- TGF-Beta signaling and microRNA processing: Implications for invasion and metastaANA CLARA PEREIRA AZEVEDO-POULY; Fiscal Year: 2012..g. TIMP3, PDCD4, RECK and maspin)...
- The role of Pdcd4 in colorectal tumor progressionHsin Sheng Yang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Over- expression of programmed cell death 4 (Pdcd4), a novel tumor suppressor, inhibits invasion and AP-1 dependent transcription in colon tumor cells...
- Leonidas C Platanias; Fiscal Year: 2016..JAK2V617F mouse models will be established in AKT -/-, S6K -/- and Pdcd4 -/- KO mice, and the ability of IFN[unreadable] to induce antileukemic responses in vivo, in the presence or ..
- Leonard S Jefferson; Fiscal Year: 2015..as selected novel regulatory mechanisms that mediate control of protein synthesis, including truncated 4E-BP1 and PDCD4. We will also define the regulation and function of two previously identified potential therapeutic targets for ..
- Katharine S Ullman; Fiscal Year: 2014..mRNA co-expression of the protein methyltransferase PRMT5 and a newly-discovered target of this enzyme, PDCD4, corresponds to poor prognosis in breast cancer...
- CD44-P185HER2 INTERACTION IN OVARIAN CANCER PROGRESSIONLILLY BOURGUIGNON; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- CD44/VARIANT CYTOSKELETON IN BREAST CANCER PROGRESSIONLILLY YW BOURGUIGNON; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Mechanisms of Chemoprevention by ResveratrolRakesh Srivastava; Fiscal Year: 2009..Thus, resveratrol based strategies can be utilized for prevention and treatment of prostate cancer, and in the long-term it may have profound impact on the overall incidence of human prostate cancer. ..
- NanoArrays in Mass Spectrometry for Proteomic and Metabolomic ApplicationsDaojing Wang; Fiscal Year: 2008..Towards this goal, we propose to utilize the enormous potential of nanotechnology to develop novel ionization substrates for mass spectrometry to study proteins and metabolites of single stem cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Differential Gene Expression in the Cochlear NucleusDavid Friedland; Fiscal Year: 2008..These data will also provide a powerful template upon which to test and design novel treatments for improving hearing, discrimination and tinnitus in a significant portion of the population. ..