Genomes and Genes
phosphatidylethanolamine N methyltransferase
Gene Symbol: phosphatidylethanolamine N methyltransferase
Description: phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase
Alias: PEAMT, PEMPT, PEMT2, PLMT, PNMT, phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase, phospholipid methyltransferase
- Song J, da Costa K, Fischer L, Kohlmeier M, Kwock L, Wang S, et al. Polymorphism of the PEMT gene and susceptibility to nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). FASEB J. 2005;19:1266-71 pubmed..9% of the NAFLD subjects and in only 40.7% of control subjects (P<0.03). For the first time we report that a polymorphism of the human PEMT gene (V175M) is associated with diminished activity and may confer susceptibility to NAFLD. ..
- Ivanov A, Nash Barboza S, Hinkis S, Caudill M. Genetic variants in phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase and methylenetetrahydrofolate dehydrogenase influence biomarkers of choline metabolism when folate intake is restricted. J Am Diet Assoc. 2009;109:313-8 pubmed publisher..Additional studies with larger samples sizes are needed to examine the relationship between these genetic variants and varied choline intake in populations with increased demands for choline (eg, pregnant women). ..
- Caudill M, Dellschaft N, Solis C, Hinkis S, Ivanov A, Nash Barboza S, et al. Choline intake, plasma riboflavin, and the phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase G5465A genotype predict plasma homocysteine in folate-deplete Mexican-American men with the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase 677TT genotype. J Nutr. 2009;139:727-33 pubmed publisher..001); an effect confined to the MTHFR 677TT genotype. Thus, in folate-deplete men, several factors with roles in 1-carbon metabolism interact with the MTHFR C677T genotype to affect plasma tHcy. ..
- Sehayek E, Wang R, Ono J, Zinchuk V, Duncan E, Shefer S, et al. Localization of the PE methylation pathway and SR-BI to the canalicular membrane: evidence for apical PC biosynthesis that may promote biliary excretion of phospholipid and cholesterol. J Lipid Res. 2003;44:1605-13 pubmed..Based on these findings, a model is proposed in which local canalicular membrane PC biosynthesis in concert with the phospholipid transporter mdr2 and SR-BI, promotes the excretion of phospholipid and cholesterol into the bile...
- Ganz A, Shields K, Fomin V, Lopez Y, Mohan S, Lovesky J, et al. Genetic impairments in folate enzymes increase dependence on dietary choline for phosphatidylcholine production at the expense of betaine synthesis. FASEB J. 2016;30:3321-3333 pubmed..C., Stover, J. A., Vitiello, G. A., Malysheva, O. V., Mudrak, E., Caudill, M. A. Genetic impairments in folate enzymes increase dependence on dietary choline for phosphatidylcholine production at the expense of betaine synthesis...
- Ming Y, Zhang J, Wang X, Li C, Ma S, Wang Z, et al. Liquid chromatography mass spectrometry-based profiling of phosphatidylcholine and phosphatidylethanolamine in the plasma and liver of acetaminophen-induced liver injured mice. Lipids Health Dis. 2017;16:153 pubmed publisher..Acetaminophen overdose induced dramatic change of many PC and PE species in plasma and liver, which might be caused by damaging hepatocytes and interfering the phospholipid metabolism in Acetaminophen -injured liver. ..
- Taira Y, Panagia V, Shah K, Beamish R, Dhalla N. Stimulation of phospholipid N-methylation by isoproterenol in rat hearts. Circ Res. 1990;66:28-36 pubmed..7- and 2.3-fold, respectively; however, under the same in vitro conditions, only about 20% activation was seen in both subcellular membranes isolated from the heart of isoproterenol-injected animals.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Krishnan M, Shelling A, Wall C, Mitchell E, Murphy R, McCowan L, et al. Gene-by-environment interactions of the CLOCK, PEMT, and GHRELIN loci with average sleep duration in relation to obesity traits using a cohort of 643 New Zealand European children. Sleep Med. 2017;37:19-26 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that children may have different genetic susceptibility to the effects of sleep duration on obesity. Further confirmatory studies are required in other population cohorts of different age groups. ..
- Jun D, Han J, Jang E, Kim S, Kim S, Jo Y, et al. Polymorphisms of microsomal triglyceride transfer protein gene and phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase gene in alcoholic and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in Koreans. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009;21:667-72 pubmed publisher..In this study, MTTP-I128T polymorphism is associated with central obesity, elevated liver enzymes, and alcoholic fatty liver disease. ..
- Abu Bonsrah K, Zhang D, Bjorksten A, Dottori M, Newgreen D. Generation of Adrenal Chromaffin-like Cells from Human Pluripotent Stem Cells. Stem Cell Reports. 2018;10:134-150 pubmed publisher..augmented with corticosteroid mimetic, induced these cells to upregulate the chromaffin cell-specific marker PNMT and other CA synthesis and storage markers, and we demonstrated noradrenaline and adrenaline by Faglu and high-..
- Chen L, Chen Y, Wang L, Wei J, Tan Y, Zhou J, et al. Higher homocysteine and lower betaine increase the risk of microangiopathy in patients with diabetes mellitus carrying the GG genotype of PEMT G774C. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2013;29:607-17 pubmed publisher..452, 95% CI 0.218, 0.937). The GG genotype of the PEMT G774C polymorphism, higher levels of serum homocysteine and lower levels of serum betaine are associated with an increased risk of microangiopathy in patients with diabetes. ..
- Shields D, Agellon L, Vance D. Structure, expression profile and alternative processing of the human phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase (PEMT) gene. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1532:105-14 pubmed..Thus, differential promoter usage in the human PEMT gene generates three unique transcripts and confers a tissue-specific expression pattern. ..
- Resseguie M, Song J, Niculescu M, da Costa K, Randall T, Zeisel S. Phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase (PEMT) gene expression is induced by estrogen in human and mouse primary hepatocytes. FASEB J. 2007;21:2622-32 pubmed..This study is the first to explore the underlying mechanism of why dietary requirements for choline vary with estrogen status in humans. ..
- Zhou Y, Li Y, Nie Y, Yang H, Zhan Q, Huang J, et al. Influence of polygenetic polymorphisms on the susceptibility to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease of Chinese people. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010;25:772-7 pubmed publisher..Most candidate genes' SNP examined in metabolic syndrome patients were associated with susceptibility to NAFLD. ..
- Fischer L, da Costa K, Kwock L, Galanko J, Zeisel S. Dietary choline requirements of women: effects of estrogen and genetic variation. Am J Clin Nutr. 2010;92:1113-9 pubmed publisher..Choline requirements for both groups of women are further increased by rs12325817. This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00065546. ..
- Fischer L, da Costa K, Galanko J, Sha W, Stephenson B, Vick J, et al. Choline intake and genetic polymorphisms influence choline metabolite concentrations in human breast milk and plasma. Am J Clin Nutr. 2010;92:336-46 pubmed publisher..This study was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00678925. ..
- Yang E, Blusztajn J, Pomfret E, Zeisel S. Rat and human mammary tissue can synthesize choline moiety via the methylation of phosphatidylethanolamine. Biochem J. 1988;256:821-8 pubmed..The rate of PtdCho formation was of similar magnitude to that seen in rat tissue. This evidence supports the hypothesis that some of the choline found in milk could have been synthesized de novo in the mammary gland. ..
- da Costa K, Sanders L, Fischer L, Zeisel S. Docosahexaenoic acid in plasma phosphatidylcholine may be a potential marker for in vivo phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase activity in humans. Am J Clin Nutr. 2011;93:968-74 pubmed publisher..PtdCho-DHA may be useful as a surrogate marker for in vivo hepatic PEMT activity in humans. This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00065546. ..
- Walkey C, Cui Z, Agellon L, Vance D. Characterization of the murine phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase-2 gene. J Lipid Res. 1996;37:2341-50 pubmed..In the present studies, we cloned and characterized the murine gene for PEMT2, the isoform of the enzyme that localized to the mitochondria-associated membrane...
- Huang T, Sun J, Chen Y, Xie H, Xu D, Li D. Associations of common variants in methionine metabolism pathway genes with plasma homocysteine and the risk of type 2 diabetes in Han Chinese. J Nutrigenet Nutrigenomics. 2014;7:63-74 pubmed publisher..52 for CT+TT vs. CC, p = 0.042). MTHFR rs1801131 C allele and PEMT rs4646356 T allele were associated with a high risk of T2DM in these Han Chinese. ..
- Shields D, Altarejos J, Wang X, Agellon L, Vance D. Molecular dissection of the S-adenosylmethionine-binding site of phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:35826-36 pubmed..1 pmol), suggesting that these residues also participate in AdoMet binding. A model positions two separate AdoMet-binding motifs of PEMT in close proximity at the external leaflet of the endoplasmic reticulum membrane. ..
- Zemunik T, Boban M, Lauc G, Jankovic S, Rotim K, Vatavuk Z, et al. Genome-wide association study of biochemical traits in Korcula Island, Croatia. Croat Med J. 2009;50:23-33 pubmed..Changed allele frequencies in isolate population may contribute to identifying variants that would not be easily identified in much larger samples in outbred populations. ..
- Kawahata I, Yamakuni T. Imidacloprid, a neonicotinoid insecticide, facilitates tyrosine hydroxylase transcription and phenylethanolamine N-methyltransferase mRNA expression to enhance catecholamine synthesis and its nicotine-evoked elevation in PC12D cells. Toxicology. 2018;394:84-92 pubmed publisher..The insecticide coincidentally raised levels of TH and phenylethanolamine N-methyltransferase (PNMT) mRNA, and as a consequence, increased catecholamine production, although the efficacy of the neonicotinoid was ..
- Vance D, Walkey C, Cui Z. Phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase from liver. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1348:142-50 pubmed..Most PEMT activity (PEMT1) is associated with endoplasmic reticulum. A second form of the enzyme (PEMT2) has been localized to the mitochondria-associated membrane. PEMT2 is a 22...
- Shields D, Lehner R, Agellon L, Vance D. Membrane topography of human phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:2956-62 pubmed..Further support for this model was obtained following endoproteinase-protection analysis of mutant recombinant PEMT derivatives in which specific protease cleavage sites had been genetically engineered or ablated. ..
- Yazeji T, Moulari B, Beduneau A, Stein V, Dietrich D, Pellequer Y, et al. Nanoparticle-based delivery enhances anti-inflammatory effect of low molecular weight heparin in experimental ulcerative colitis. Drug Deliv. 2017;24:811-817 pubmed publisher..Such a combination holds promise for a highly specific therapy by its double selectivity towards the inflamed intestinal tissue. LMWH-PEMT NP have significantly improved the clinical activity in-vivo in comparison to free LMWH...
- Shields D, Lingrell S, Agellon L, Brosnan J, Vance D. Localization-independent regulation of homocysteine secretion by phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:27339-44 pubmed..Thus, our data suggest that Hcy homeostasis is regulated concomitantly with PEMT activity but independently of PEMT localization. ..
- Walkey C, Donohue L, Bronson R, Agellon L, Vance D. Disruption of the murine gene encoding phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:12880-5 pubmed..Only a trace of PE methylation activity remained in Pempt2(-/-) mice. Antibody to one form of the enzyme, PEMT2, indicated complete loss of this protein from Pempt2(-/-) mice and a decrease in Pempt2(+/-) mice, compared with ..
- Mostowska A, Hozyasz K, Biedziak B, Misiak J, Jagodzinski P. Polymorphisms located in the region containing BHMT and BHMT2 genes as maternal protective factors for orofacial clefts. Eur J Oral Sci. 2010;118:325-32 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our study identified a novel gene, the nucleotide variants of which were be associated with a decreased risk of having a baby with NCL/P. ..
- Mostowska A, Hozyasz K, Wojcicki P, Dziegelewska M, Jagodzinski P. Associations of folate and choline metabolism gene polymorphisms with orofacial clefts. J Med Genet. 2010;47:809-15 pubmed publisher..Polymorphic variants of BHMT and PCYT1A and interactions between genes of choline and folate metabolism might influence the risk of NCL/P in the Polish population. ..
- Blusztajn J, Zeisel S, Wurtman R. Synthesis of lecithin (phosphatidylcholine) from phosphatidylethanolamine in bovine brain. Brain Res. 1979;179:319-27 pubmed..e. about 1% of that found in rat liver). The brain may be able to meet some of its choline requirements by de novo synthesis. ..
- Cui Z, Vance J, Chen M, Voelker D, Vance D. Cloning and expression of a novel phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase. A specific biochemical and cytological marker for a unique membrane fraction in rat liver. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:16655-63 pubmed..The data suggest that this phosphatidylethanolamine methyltransferase is a specific marker for this unique membrane fraction. ..
- Tessitore L, Marengo B, Vance D, Papotti M, Mussa A, Daidone M, et al. Expression of phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase in human hepatocellular carcinomas. Oncology. 2003;65:152-8 pubmed..The status of the PEMPT gene and PEMT2 mRNA expression were evaluated with Southern and Northern blotting, respectively, in HCC and the noninvolved liver...
- Betito K, Mitchell J, Bhatnagar S, Boksa P, Meaney M. Regulation of the adrenomedullary catecholaminergic system after mild, acute stress. Am J Physiol. 1994;267:R212-20 pubmedThe time course of regulation of rat adrenomedullary phenylethanolamine N-methyltransferase (PNMT) and tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) activity was studied after a single episode of 20-min restraint stress...
- Nakatsuka A, Matsuyama M, Yamaguchi S, Katayama A, Eguchi J, Murakami K, et al. Insufficiency of phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase is risk for lean non-alcoholic steatohepatitis. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21721 pubmed publisher..PEMT mRNA expression in liver tissues of NASH patients was significantly lower than those with simple steatosis and we postulated the distinct clinical entity of lean NASH with insufficiency of PEMT activities. ..
- Nilsson T, Hurtig Wennlof A, Sjostrom M, Herrmann W, Obeid R, Owen J, et al. Plasma 1-carbon metabolites and academic achievement in 15-yr-old adolescents. FASEB J. 2016;30:1683-8 pubmed publisher..Nilsson, T. K., Hurtig-Wennlöf, A., Sjöström, M., Herrmann, W., Obeid, R., Owen, J. R., Zeisel, S. Plasma 1-carbon metabolites and academic achievement in 15-yr-old adolescents. ..
- Dong H, Wang J, Li C, Hirose A, Nozaki Y, Takahashi M, et al. The phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase gene V175M single nucleotide polymorphism confers the susceptibility to NASH in Japanese population. J Hepatol. 2007;46:915-20 pubmed....
- Lazaros L, Xita N, Hatzi E, Kaponis A, Makrydimas G, Takenaka A, et al. Phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase and choline dehydrogenase gene polymorphisms are associated with human sperm concentration. Asian J Androl. 2012;14:778-83 pubmed publisher..6 × 10(6) spermatozoa ml(-1), P<0.001). In our series, the PEMT -774G>C and CHDH +432G>T polymorphisms were associated with sperm concentration. This finding suggests a possible influence of these genes on sperm quality. ..
- Chalil A, Kitson A, Aristizabal Henao J, Marks K, Elzinga J, Lamontagne Kam D, et al. PEMT, Δ6 desaturase, and palmitoyldocosahexaenoyl phosphatidylcholine are increased in rats during pregnancy. J Lipid Res. 2018;59:123-136 pubmed publisher..Hepatic PEMT appears to be the mechanism for increased plasma 16:0/DHA PC, which is supported by increased DHA biosynthesis based on increased FADS2 protein levels. ..
- Davis P. Lymphocyte and granulocyte phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase: properties and activity in cystic fibrosis. Pediatr Res. 1986;20:1290-6 pubmed..Therefore, the hypothesis that reduced PEMT activity accounts for the impaired coupling of beta-adrenergic receptor to adenylate cyclase in lymphocytes and granulocytes in cystic fibrosis is rejected. ..
- Reitz R, Mead D, Bjur R, Greenhouse A, Welch W. Phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase in human red blood cell membrane preparations. Kinetic mechanism. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:8097-106 pubmed..The product from the utilization of AdoMet, S-adenosylhomocysteine (AdoHcy), was shown to be a competitive inhibitor of its precursor, AdoMet, and a noncompetitive inhibitor of the two phospholipid substrates. ..
- Jaiswal S, Sukla K, Chauhan A, Lakhotia A, Kumar A, Rai A. Choline metabolic pathway gene polymorphisms and risk for Down syndrome: An association study in a population with folate-homocysteine metabolic impairment. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2017;71:45-50 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate impaired choline metabolism showing a greater risk for DS, especially in a population associated with homocysteine-folate impairment. Further studies are required to confirm our findings. ..
- Xu X, Gammon M, Zeisel S, Lee Y, Wetmur J, Teitelbaum S, et al. Choline metabolism and risk of breast cancer in a population-based study. FASEB J. 2008;22:2045-52 pubmed publisher..We observed a significant interaction between dietary betaine intake and the PEMT rs7926 polymorphism (P(interaction)=0.04). Our findings suggest that choline metabolism may play an important role in breast cancer etiology. ..
- Hirashima T, Toyoshima M, Moriyama T, Nakamura Y, Sato N. Characterization of phosphoethanolamine-N-methyltransferases in green algae. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;488:141-146 pubmed publisher..sequences of the four PtdCho-containing algae suggested existence of phosphoethanolamine-N-methyltransferase (PEAMT) in C. applanata and C. asymmetrica, which is the key enzyme in PtdCho biosynthesis in land plants...
- Tan H, Mohamed R, Mohamed Z, Zain S. Phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase gene rs7946 polymorphism plays a role in risk of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: evidence from meta-analysis. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2016;26:88-95 pubmed publisher..86, 95% CI 1.15-3.01, P=0.01) models. This study provides evidence of a significant association between the PEMT rs7946 A-allele and a risk of NAFLD, with the effect being more prominent in East-Asians, but not in non-Asians. ..
- Krizanova O, Micutkova L, Jelokova J, Filipenko M, Sabban E, Kvetnansky R. Existence of cardiac PNMT mRNA in adult rats: elevation by stress in a glucocorticoid-dependent manner. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2001;281:H1372-9 pubmedPhenylethanolamine N-methyltransferase (PNMT) is the enzyme that synthesizes epinephrine from norepinephrine...
- Vargovic P, Laukova M, Ukropec J, Manz G, Kvetnansky R. Prior Repeated Stress Attenuates Cold-Induced Immunomodulation Associated with "Browning" in Mesenteric Fat of Rats. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Induction of non-sympathetic catecholamine production demonstrated by elevated TH and PNMT (phenylethanolamine N-methyltransferase) mRNAs was observed after 7-day cold; however, prior IMO attenuated this ..
- Li H, Zhang H, Liu L, Ju G, Jin S, Ye L, et al. No association of the rs4646396 SNP in the PEMT locus with schizophrenia in a Chinese case-control sample. Psychiatry Res. 2009;169:176-7 pubmed publisher..However, our results in this study failed to confirm our earlier finding that the C allele was preferentially transmitted by parents to their offspring affected with schizophrenia in a family-based study among the Chinese population. ..
- Chen Y, Li B, Cen K, Lu Y, Zhang S, Wang C. Diverse effect of phosphatidylcholine biosynthetic genes on phospholipid homeostasis, cell autophagy and fungal developments in Metarhizium robertsii. Environ Microbiol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The results of this study facilitate the understanding of PC metabolism on fungal physiology. This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved...
- Liu Y, Zhang H, Ju G, Zhang X, Xu Q, Liu S, et al. A study of the PEMT gene in schizophrenia. Neurosci Lett. 2007;424:203-6 pubmed..3, d.f.=3, P=0.0006). The 3-SNP haplotype analysis also showed a haplotypic association (X2=24.4, d.f.=7, P=0.0006). The present results suggest that the PEMT gene may contribute to the etiology of schizophrenia. ..
- Blusztajn J, Wurtman R. Choline biosynthesis by a preparation enriched in synaptosomes from rat brain. Nature. 1981;290:417-8 pubmed..The highest specific activity of PeMT was present in synaptosomal preparation. We now report that rat brain synaptosomal preparations can also metabolize the PC generated by PeMT to liberate free choline. ..
- Pulido S, Nguyen V, Alzate J, Cedeño D, Makurath M, Ríos Vásquez A, et al. Insights into the phosphatidylcholine and phosphatidylethanolamine biosynthetic pathways in Leishmania parasites and characterization of a choline kinase from Leishmania infantum. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;213:45-54 pubmed publisher..In the presence of 4mM compound C6, the Vmax/Km decreased to approximately 1% of the wild-type catalytic efficiency. In addition, in Leishmania cells treated with compound C6 choline transport was inhibited. ..
- Resseguie M, da Costa K, Galanko J, Patel M, Davis I, Zeisel S. Aberrant estrogen regulation of PEMT results in choline deficiency-associated liver dysfunction. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:1649-58 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that allele-specific ablation of estrogen receptor-DNA interaction in the PEMT locus prevents hormone-inducible PEMT expression, conferring risk of CDS in women. ..
- Szczepanska M, Mostowska A, Wirstlein P, Lianeri M, Marianowski P, Skrzypczak J, et al. Polymorphic variants of folate and choline metabolism genes and the risk of endometriosis-associated infertility. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2011;157:67-72 pubmed publisher..0240). Our results showed moderate evidence for the contribution of SNPs located in genes encoding folate and choline metabolism enzymes to infertility in women with endometriosis. ..
- da Costa K, Kozyreva O, Song J, Galanko J, Fischer L, Zeisel S. Common genetic polymorphisms affect the human requirement for the nutrient choline. FASEB J. 2006;20:1336-44 pubmed..Identification of common polymorphisms that affect dietary requirements for choline could enable us to identify individuals for whom we need to assure adequate dietary choline intake. ..
- Walkey C, Shields D, Vance D. Identification of three novel cDNAs for human phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase and localization of the human gene on chromosome 17p11.2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1436:405-12 pubmed..A form of the enzyme (PEMT2) has been isolated from rat liver, the cDNA cloned and expressed and the murine gene has been characterized and ..
- Guan Z, Wang Y, Xiao K, Hu P, Liu J. Activity of phosphatidylethanolamine-N-methyltransferase in brain affected by Alzheimer's disease. Neurochem Int. 1999;34:41-7 pubmed..It is plausible that the decreased activity of phosphatidylethanolamine-N-methyltransferase and its low compensating ability could relate to the modification of phosphatidylcholine in brain tissues from Alzheimer's disease patients. ..
- Vance D, Li Z, Jacobs R. Hepatic phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase, unexpected roles in animal biochemistry and physiology. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:33237-41 pubmed
- Vance D. From masochistic enzymology to mechanistic physiology and disease. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:17169-17177 pubmed publisher..We continue to investigate the mechanism(s) by which Pemt-/- mice are protected from weight gain and insulin resistance. ..
- Lee W, Park N, Ahn T, Chung B, Hong J. Profiling of a wide range of neurochemicals in human urine by very-high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry combined with in situ selective derivatization. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1526:47-57 pubmed publisher..Significant differences (P≤0.01) between two groups in the activity of phenylethanolamine N-methyltransferase (PNMT) and alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) were observed...
- Allen C, Grigoleit J, Hong J, Bae S, Vaughan J, Lee S. Exposure to alcohol during adolescence exerts long-term effects on stress response and the adult brain stress circuits. Neuroscience. 2016;339:64-71 pubmed publisher..AIE elevated the number of colocalized c-fos/phenylethanolamine N-methyltransferase (PNMT)-positive cell bodies in the C1 region of adult rats...
- Davenport C, Yan J, Taesuwan S, Shields K, West A, Jiang X, et al. Choline intakes exceeding recommendations during human lactation improve breast milk choline content by increasing PEMT pathway metabolites. J Nutr Biochem. 2015;26:903-11 pubmed publisher..This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT01127022. ..