Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PPARgamma
Description: peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma
Alias: CIMT1, GLM1, NR1C3, PPARG1, PPARG2, PPARgamma, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma, PPAR-gamma, nuclear receptor subfamily 1 group C member 3, peroxisome proliferator-activated nuclear receptor gamma variant 1
- Zhang H, Zhu S, Chen J, Tang Y, Hu H, Mohan V, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ polymorphism Pro12Ala Is associated with nephropathy in type 2 diabetes: evidence from meta-analysis of 18 studies. Diabetes Care. 2012;35:1388-93 pubmed publisher..The association between the polymorphism and DN risk has also been widely studied recently, but no consensus was available up to now...
- Curti M, Rogero M, Baltar V, Barros C, Siqueira Catania A, Ferreira S. FTO T/A and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ Pro12Ala polymorphisms but not ApoA1 -75 are associated with better response to lifestyle intervention in Brazilians at high cardiometabolic risk. Metab Syndr Relat Disord. 2013;11:169-76 pubmed publisher..Our data did not support benefits of the variant allele of ApoA1 -75G/A polymorphism. Further studies are needed to direct lifestyle intervention to subsets of individuals at cardiometabolic risk. ..
- Hung Y, Lee N, Lin S, Chang H, Wu C, Chang C, et al. Effects of PPARγ and RBP4 gene variants on metabolic syndrome in HIV-infected patients with anti-retroviral therapy. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49102 pubmed publisher..The impacts of PPARγ C1431T and Pro12Ala polymorphisms on metabolism in HIV-infected patients are not significant. RBP4 -803GA polymorphism has increased risk of insulin resistance in HIV-infected patients with anti-retroviral therapy. ..
- Yang J, Gong H, Liu W, Tao T. The association of Pro12Ala polymorphism in the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma2 gene with the metabolic characteristics in Chinese women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013;6:1894-902 pubmed..The Pro12Ala polymorphism in the peroxisome Proliferator-activated receptor-gamma2 PPARγ2) gene that account for metabolic dysfunction in women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) remain elusive...
- Pei Q, Huang Q, Yang G, Zhao Y, Yin J, Song M, et al. PPAR-γ2 and PTPRD gene polymorphisms influence type 2 diabetes patients' response to pioglitazone in China. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2013;34:255-61 pubmed publisher..Diabetes risk alleles in PPAR-γ2 (rs1801282) and PTPRD (rs17584499) are associated with pioglitazone therapeutic efficacy. ..
- Domenici F, Brochado M, Martinelli A, Zucoloto S, da Cunha S, Vannucchi H. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors alpha and gamma2 polymorphisms in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: a study in Brazilian patients. Gene. 2013;529:326-31 pubmed publisher..We also documented more advanced fibrosis in the Leu162Val SNP. The obtained data suggest that Pro12Ala SNP may result in protection against liver injury and that Leu162Val SNP may be involved in the progression of NAFLD. ..
- Trombetta M, Bonetti S, Boselli M, Miccoli R, Trabetti E, Malerba G, et al. PPARG2 Pro12Ala and ADAMTS9 rs4607103 as "insulin resistance loci" and "insulin secretion loci" in Italian individuals. The GENFIEV study and the Verona Newly Diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes Study (VNDS) 4. Acta Diabetol. 2013;50:401-8 pubmed publisherWe investigated cross-sectionally whether the type 2 diabetes (T2DM) risk alleles of rs1801282 (PPARG2) and rs4607103 (ADAMTS9) were associated with T2DM and/or insulin sensitivity (IS) and beta cell function (βF) in Italians without and ..
- D az Gandarilla J, Osorio Trujillo C, Hern ndez Ram rez V, Talam s Rohana P. PPAR activation induces M1 macrophage polarization via cPLA₂-COX-2 inhibition, activating ROS production against Leishmania mexicana. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:215283 pubmed publisher..Based on the above data, we conclude that PPAR agonists used in this work induces M1 macrophages polarization via inhibition of cPLA2 and the increase of aggressive microbicidal activity via reactive oxygen species (ROS) production...
- Haraguchi G, Kobayashi Y, Brown M, Tanaka A, Isobe M, Gianturco S, et al. PPAR(alpha) and PPAR(gamma) activators suppress the monocyte-macrophage apoB-48 receptor. J Lipid Res. 2003;44:1224-31 pubmed..real-time PCR, Northern, Western, and functional cellular lipid accumulation assays, we show that PPARalpha and PPARgamma activators significantly suppress the expression of apoB-48R mRNA in human THP-1 and blood-borne monocyte-..
- Gu S, Liu M, Guo Z, Wu M, Chen Q, Zhou Z, et al. Gene-gene interactions among PPARα/δ/γ polymorphisms for hypertriglyceridemia in Chinese Han population. Gene. 2013;515:272-6 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that PPAR-α/δ/γ polymorphisms may contribute to the risk of hypertriglyceridemia independently and/or in an interactive manner. ..
- Argmann C, Sawyez C, McNeil C, Hegele R, Huff M. Activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma and retinoid X receptor results in net depletion of cellular cholesteryl esters in macrophages exposed to oxidized lipoproteins. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2003;23:475-82 pubmedPeroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPARgamma), a ligand-activated transcription factor, has pleiotropic effects, including regulation of macrophage differentiation and lipid homeostasis...
- Jahrling J, Hernandez C, Denner L, Dineley K. PPARγ recruitment to active ERK during memory consolidation is required for Alzheimer's disease-related cognitive enhancement. J Neurosci. 2014;34:4054-63 pubmed publisher....
- Lu X, Bijli K, Ramirez A, Murphy T, Kleinhenz J, Hart C. Hypoxia downregulates PPARγ via an ERK1/2-NF-κB-Nox4-dependent mechanism in human pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells. Free Radic Biol Med. 2013;63:151-60 pubmed publisher..These results also indicate that restoration of PPARγ activity with pharmacological ligands may provide a novel therapeutic approach in selected forms of PH. ..
- Zhang M, Rego D, Moshkova M, Kebir H, Chruscinski A, Nguyen H, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)α and -γ regulate IFNγ and IL-17A production by human T cells in a sex-specific way. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:9505-10 pubmed publisher..Together, our observations indicate that human T cells exhibit a sex difference in the production of IFNγ and IL-17A that may be driven by expressions of PPARα and PPARγ. ..
- Jennewein C, Kuhn A, Schmidt M, Meilladec Jullig V, von Knethen A, Gonzalez F, et al. Sumoylation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma by apoptotic cells prevents lipopolysaccharide-induced NCoR removal from kappaB binding sites mediating transrepression of proinflammatory cytokines. J Immunol. 2008;181:5646-52 pubmed..We provide evidence that peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPARgamma) coordinates antiinflammatory responses following its activation by AC. Exposing murine RAW264...
- Tan X, Dagher H, Hutton C, Bourke J. Effects of PPAR gamma ligands on TGF-beta1-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in alveolar epithelial cells. Respir Res. 2010;11:21 pubmed publisher..Since PPAR gamma ligands have been shown to inhibit fibroblast activation by TGF-beta1, we assessed the ability of the ..
- Han S, Sidell N, Fisher P, Roman J. Up-regulation of p21 gene expression by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma in human lung carcinoma cells. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:1911-9 pubmedThe peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPARgamma), a ligand-dependent transcription factor belonging to the family of nuclear receptors, has been implicated in the regulation of cell growth and differentiation although the ..
- Scott L, Mohlke K, Bonnycastle L, Willer C, Li Y, Duren W, et al. A genome-wide association study of type 2 diabetes in Finns detects multiple susceptibility variants. Science. 2007;316:1341-5 pubmed..This brings the number of T2D loci now confidently identified to at least 10. ..
- Akiyama T, Baumann C, Sakai S, Hager G, Gonzalez F. Selective intranuclear redistribution of PPAR isoforms by RXR alpha. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:707-21 pubmed..of the GFP-PPARm gamma isoform characterized by a reticulated pattern of the green fluorescent label for PPAR gamma within the nucleus, but not in nucleoli, and a heightened concentration of the fluorescent label surrounding ..
- Hansmann G, de Jesus Perez V, Alastalo T, Alvira C, Guignabert C, Bekker J, et al. An antiproliferative BMP-2/PPARgamma/apoE axis in human and murine SMCs and its role in pulmonary hypertension. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:1846-57 pubmed publisher..Here, we report an interplay between PPARgamma and its transcriptional target apoE downstream of BMP-2 signaling...
- Johansson L, Danielsson P, Norgren S, Marcus C, Ridderstrale M. Interaction between PPARG Pro12Ala and ADIPOQ G276T concerning cholesterol levels in childhood obesity. Int J Pediatr Obes. 2009;4:119-25 pubmed publisher..Genetic variants in candidate genes for insulin resistance are associated with cholesterol levels in obese children and adolescents, and may offer additional information in the risk assessment of obese children. ..
- Savage D, Agostini M, Barroso I, Gurnell M, Luan J, Meirhaeghe A, et al. Digenic inheritance of severe insulin resistance in a human pedigree. Nat Genet. 2002;31:379-84 pubmed..to frameshift/premature stop mutations in two unlinked genes, PPARG and PPP1R3A these encode peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma, which is highly expressed in adipocytes, and protein phosphatase 1, regulatory subunit 3, ..
- Herder C, Rathmann W, Strassburger K, Finner H, Grallert H, Huth C, et al. Variants of the PPARG, IGF2BP2, CDKAL1, HHEX, and TCF7L2 genes confer risk of type 2 diabetes independently of BMI in the German KORA studies. Horm Metab Res. 2008;40:722-6 pubmed publisher..We conclude that gene variants of CDKAL1, PPARG, IGF2BP2, HHEX, TCF7L2, and FTO predispose to type 2 diabetes in the German KORA 500 K study population. These associations appear to be independent of BMI. ..
- Fournier T, Pavan L, Tarrade A, Schoonjans K, Auwerx J, Rochette Egly C, et al. The role of PPAR-gamma/RXR-alpha heterodimers in the regulation of human trophoblast invasion. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002;973:26-30 pubmed..Together these data underscore an important function of PPAR/RXR heterodimers in the modulation of trophoblast invasion. ..
- Sabatino L, Casamassimi A, Peluso G, Barone M, Capaccio D, Migliore C, et al. A novel peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma isoform with dominant negative activity generated by alternative splicing. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:26517-25 pubmed..Moreover, the isoform is dominant negative versus PPARgamma. Interestingly, gammaORF4 was expressed in vivo in a series of sporadic colorectal cancers...
- Zee R, Cook N, Cheng S, Erlich H, Lindpaintner K, Ridker P. Multi-locus candidate gene polymorphisms and risk of myocardial infarction: a population-based, prospective genetic analysis. J Thromb Haemost. 2006;4:341-8 pubmed..The present investigation highlights the importance of replication and validation of findings from genetic association studies. ..
- Yuen C, Wong W, Tian X, Wong S, Lau C, Yu J, et al. Telmisartan inhibits vasoconstriction via PPARγ-dependent expression and activation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase. Cardiovasc Res. 2011;90:122-9 pubmed publisher..The present results suggest that telmisartan-induced inhibition of vasoconstriction in resistance arteries is mediated through a PPARγ-dependent increase in eNOS expression and activity that is unrelated to AT₁R blockade. ..
- Yakeu G, Butcher L, Isa S, Webb R, Roberts A, Thomas A, et al. Low-intensity exercise enhances expression of markers of alternative activation in circulating leukocytes: roles of PPARγ and Th2 cytokines. Atherosclerosis. 2010;212:668-73 pubmed publisher....