Genomes and Genes
protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon
Gene Symbol: protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon
Description: protein tyrosine phosphatase, receptor type E
Alias: HPTPE, PTPE, R-PTP-EPSILON, receptor-type tyrosine-protein phosphatase epsilon, protein tyrosine phosphatase, receptor type, epsilon polypeptide
Products: protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon
- Tiran Z, Peretz A, Attali B, Elson A. Phosphorylation-dependent regulation of Kv2.1 Channel activity at tyrosine 124 by Src and by protein-tyrosine phosphatase epsilon. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:17509-14 pubmed..Together, these results indicate that Tyr(124) is a significant site at which the mutually antagonistic activities of Src and cyt-PTPepsilon affect Kv2.1 phosphorylation and activity. ..
- Toledano Katchalski H, Tiran Z, Sines T, Shani G, Granot Attas S, den Hertog J, et al. Dimerization in vivo and inhibition of the nonreceptor form of protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:5460-71 pubmed..Furthermore, dimerization can be mediated by the D2 domain and does not strictly require the presence of PTP extracellular domains. ..
- Wabakken T, Hauge H, Finne E, Wiedlocha A, Aasheim H. Expression of human protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon in leucocytes: a potential ERK pathway-regulating phosphatase. Scand J Immunol. 2002;56:195-203 pubmedThe expression of protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon (PTPepsilon) was studied in human tissues and blood cells...
- Elson A, Leder P. Identification of a cytoplasmic, phorbol ester-inducible isoform of protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:12235-9 pubmed..PTP epsilon-cytoplasmic is therefore the initial example to our knowledge of a nontransmembranal protein-tyrosine phosphatase that contains two tandem of catalytic domains. ..
- Vaughan L, Wiener H, Aslibekyan S, Allison D, Havel P, Stanhope K, et al. Linkage and association analysis of obesity traits reveals novel loci and interactions with dietary n-3 fatty acids in an Alaska Native (Yup'ik) population. Metabolism. 2015;64:689-97 pubmed publisher..0004). This study presents evidence of novel genomic regions and gene-diet interactions that may contribute to the pathophysiology of obesity-related traits among Yup'ik people. ..
- Elson A, Kozak C, Morton C, Weremowicz S, Leder P. The protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon gene maps to mouse chromosome 7 and human chromosome 10q26. Genomics. 1996;31:373-5 pubmedWe have mapped the mouse protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon (PTP epsilon, gene symbol Ptpre) gene to the distal region of chromosome 7 by linkage analysis using two sets of multilocus genetic crosses...
- Murk W, Walsh K, Hsu L, Zhao L, Bracken M, Dewan A. Attempted replication of 50 reported asthma risk genes identifies a SNP in RAD50 as associated with childhood atopic asthma. Hum Hered. 2011;71:97-105 pubmed publisher..Lack of evidence of highly reported polymorphisms in the present study highlights the genetic heterogeneity of asthma and emphasizes the need for robust replication of candidate genes. ..
- Tremblay K, Lemire M, Potvin C, Tremblay A, Hunninghake G, Raby B, et al. Genes to diseases (G2D) computational method to identify asthma candidate genes. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2907 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the G2D tool can be useful in the selection of candidate genes located in chromosomal regions linked to a complex trait. ..
- Muja N, Lovas G, Romm E, Machleder D, Ranjan M, Gallo V, et al. Expression of a catalytically inactive transmembrane protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon (tm-PTP epsilon) delays optic nerve myelination. Glia. 2004;48:278-97 pubmed..To interfere with the subset of the phosphorylation cycle overseen by protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon (PTP epsilon) in oligodendrocytes, we applied a substrate-trapping approach in the development of ..
- Nakagawa Y, Yamada N, Shimizu H, Shiota M, Tamura M, Kim Mitsuyama S, et al. Tyrosine phosphatase epsilonM stimulates migration and survival of porcine aortic endothelial cells by activating c-Src. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;325:314-9 pubmed..Considering the behaviors of vascular ECs in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis, these data suggest that PTPepsilonM negatively regulates the development of this disease by activating c-Src. ..
- Murakawa K, Matsubara K, Fukushima A, Yoshii J, Okubo K. Chromosomal assignments of 3'-directed partial cDNA sequences representing novel genes expressed in granulocytoid cells. Genomics. 1994;23:379-89 pubmed..A highly sensitive laser fluorescent analyzer and ethidium staining were used for simple and large-scale PCR mapping. ..
- Wu D, Li Y, Yang J, Shen J, Zhou J, Hu Q, et al. Supramolecular Nanomedicine Constructed from Curcurbituril-Based Amphiphilic Brush Copolymer for Cancer Therapy. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2017;: pubmed publisherAn amphiphilic supramolecular brush copolymer CB(PEG-Np·PTPE) was constructed on the basis of a novel host-guest molecular recognition model formed by cucurbituril (CB), 4,4'-bipyridinium derivative (PQ) and PEGylated ..
- Iwao Y, Ojima H, Kobayashi T, Kishi Y, Nara S, Esaki M, et al. Liver atrophy after percutaneous transhepatic portal embolization occurs in two histological phases: Hepatocellular atrophy followed by apoptosis. World J Hepatol. 2017;9:1227-1238 pubmed publisherTo clarify the histological changes associated with liver atrophy after percutaneous transhepatic portal embolization (PTPE) in pigs and humans.
- McLinden J, Bhattarai N, Stapleton J, Chang Q, Kaufman T, CASSEL S, et al. Yellow fever virus, but not Zika or Dengue virus inhibits T cell receptor-mediated T cell function by an RNA-based mechanism. J Infect Dis. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that viruses within the flavivirus genus inhibit TCR signaling in a species-dependent manner...
- Kraut Cohen J, Muller W, Elson A. Protein-tyrosine phosphatase epsilon regulates Shc signaling in a kinase-specific manner: increasing coherence in tyrosine phosphatase signaling. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:4612-21 pubmed..In so doing, Neu contributes to the coherence of the promitogenic role of PTPepsilon in this system. ..
- Benjamin E, Dupuis J, Larson M, Lunetta K, Booth S, Govindaraju D, et al. Genome-wide association with select biomarker traits in the Framingham Heart Study. BMC Med Genet. 2007;8 Suppl 1:S11 pubmed..cgi?id=phs000007 webcite. The Framingham GWAS represents a resource to describe potentially novel genetic influences on systemic biomarker variability. The newly described associations will need to be replicated in other studies. ..
- Wabakken T, Hauge H, Funderud S, Aasheim H. Characterization, expression and functional aspects of a novel protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon isoform. Scand J Immunol. 2002;56:276-85 pubmed..This report describes the identification and characterization of a novel cytoplasmic isoform of human protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon (PTPepsilon)...
- Tanuma N, Nakamura K, Shima H, Kikuchi K. Protein-tyrosine phosphatase PTPepsilon C inhibits Jak-STAT signaling and differentiation induced by interleukin-6 and leukemia inhibitory factor in M1 leukemia cells. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:28216-21 pubmed..These results suggest an important role for PTPepsilonC in negative regulation of IL-6- and LIF-induced Jak-STAT signaling. ..
- Toledano Katchalski H, Elson A. The transmembranal and cytoplasmic forms of protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon physically associate with the adaptor molecule Grb2. Oncogene. 1999;18:5024-31 pubmedThe protein tyrosine phosphatase Epsilon (PTPepsilon) gene gives rise to two physiologically-distinct protein products - a transmembranal, receptor-like form and a cytoplasmic, non-receptor form...
- Okubo K, Itoh K, Fukushima A, Yoshii J, Matsubara K. Monitoring cell physiology by expression profiles and discovering cell type-specific genes by compiled expression profiles. Genomics. 1995;30:178-86 pubmed....
- van den Maagdenberg A, van den Hurk H, Weghuis D, Wieringa B, Geurts van Kessel A, Hendriks W. Assignment of the human protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon (PTPRE) gene to chromosome 10q26 by fluorescence in situ hybridization. Genomics. 1995;30:128-9 pubmed
- Nakagawa Y, Aoki N, Aoyama K, Shimizu H, Shimano H, Yamada N, et al. Receptor-type protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon (PTPepsilonM) is a negative regulator of insulin signaling in primary hepatocytes and liver. Zoolog Sci. 2005;22:169-75 pubmed..These results suggest that PTPepsilonM is a negative regulator of IR signaling and involved in insulin-induced glucose metabolism mainly through direct dephosphorylation and inactivation of IR in hepatocytes and liver. ..
- Roskoski R. Src kinase regulation by phosphorylation and dephosphorylation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;331:1-14 pubmed....
- Gil Henn H, Volohonsky G, Toledano Katchalski H, Gandre S, Elson A. Generation of novel cytoplasmic forms of protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon by proteolytic processing and translational control. Oncogene. 2000;19:4375-84 pubmed....
- Toledano Katchalski H, Kraut J, Sines T, Granot Attas S, Shohat G, Gil Henn H, et al. Protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon inhibits signaling by mitogen-activated protein kinases. Mol Cancer Res. 2003;1:541-50 pubmed..We show that protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon (PTP epsilon) inhibits ERK1 and ERK2 kinase activity and reduces their phosphorylation; in ..
- Bhattarai N, McLinden J, Xiang J, Mathahs M, Schmidt W, Kaufman T, et al. Hepatitis C virus infection inhibits a Src-kinase regulatory phosphatase and reduces T cell activation in vivo. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006232 pubmed publisher..Together, these data demonstrate that HCV infection reduces PTPRE expression in the liver and PBMCs of infected humans, and suggest that the HCV E2 vsRNA is a novel viral factor that may contribute towards viral persistence. ..
- Kabir N, Ronnstrand L, Kazi J. Deregulation of protein phosphatase expression in acute myeloid leukemia. Med Oncol. 2013;30:517 pubmed publisher..Our results provide an overview of protein phosphatase deregulation in AML. ..
- Rato S, Maia S, Brito P, Resende L, Pereira C, Moita C, et al. Novel HIV-1 knockdown targets identified by an enriched kinases/phosphatases shRNA library using a long-term iterative screen in Jurkat T-cells. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9276 pubmed publisher..This study brings new insights for the complex interplay of HIV-1/host cell and opens new possibilities for antiviral strategies. ..
- Krueger N, Streuli M, Saito H. Structural diversity and evolution of human receptor-like protein tyrosine phosphatases. EMBO J. 1990;9:3241-52 pubmed..The PTPase-like domains of HPTP alpha, beta and delta expressed in Escherichia coli had tyrosine phosphatase activities. ..
- Codreanu S, Hoeksema M, Slebos R, Zimmerman L, Rahman S, Li M, et al. Identification of Proteomic Features To Distinguish Benign Pulmonary Nodules from Lung Adenocarcinoma. J Proteome Res. 2017;16:3266-3276 pubmed publisher..These studies illustrate the value of global and targeted proteomics in a systematic process to identify and qualify candidate biomarkers for noninvasive molecular diagnosis of lung cancer. ..
- Gastier J, Brody T, Pulido J, Businga T, Sunden S, Hu X, et al. Development of a screening set for new (CAG/CTG)n dynamic mutations. Genomics. 1996;32:75-85 pubmed..The 141 STSs that were developed based on (CAG/CTG)n repeats of at least seven units were genotyped on four reference CEPH individuals to estimate their polymorphic quality. ..
- Nunes Xavier C, Elson A, Pulido R. Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR)-mediated positive feedback of protein-tyrosine phosphatase epsilon (PTPepsilon) on ERK1/2 and AKT protein pathways is required for survival of human breast cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:3433-44 pubmed publisher....
- Peretz A, Gil Henn H, Sobko A, Shinder V, Attali B, Elson A. Hypomyelination and increased activity of voltage-gated K(+) channels in mice lacking protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon. EMBO J. 2000;19:4036-45 pubmedb>Protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon (PTP epsilon) is strongly expressed in the nervous system; however, little is known about its physiological role...
- Blanchetot C, Tertoolen L, Overvoorde J, den Hertog J. Intra- and intermolecular interactions between intracellular domains of receptor protein-tyrosine phosphatases. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:47263-9 pubmed..The RPTP-D2s and the wedge structures are crucial determinants of binding specificity, thus regulating cross-talk between RPTPs. ..
- Granot Attas S, Elson A. Protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon activates Yes and Fyn in Neu-induced mammary tumor cells. Exp Cell Res. 2004;294:236-43 pubmedThe receptor-type form of protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon (RPTP) is among the few tyrosine phosphatases that can support the transformed phenotype of tumor cells...