Genomes and Genes
reduced folate carrier
Gene Symbol: reduced folate carrier
Description: solute carrier family 19 member 1
Alias: CHMD, FOLT, IFC1, REFC, RFC1, folate transporter 1, IFC-1, RFC, intestinal folate carrier 1, placental folate transporter, reduced folate carrier 1, reduced folate carrier protein, solute carrier family 19 (folate transporter), member 1
Publications227 found, 100 shown here
- Decreased expression of the reduced folate carrier and folypolyglutamate synthetase is the basis for acquired resistance to the pemetrexed antifolate (LY231514) in an L1210 murine leukemia cell lineYanhua Wang
Departments of Medicine and Molecular Pharmacology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine Cancer Center, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 65:1163-70. 2003..The reduced folate carrier (RFC) message and protein were decreased by 50%, and folypolyglutamate synthetase (FPGS) message was ..
- [Study on the association between reduced folate carrier gene polymorphism and congenital heart defects and cleft lip with or without cleft palate]Li Jun Pei
Institute of Reproductive and Child Health, National Reference Laboratory on Reproductive Health Research Ministry of Health, Peking University, Beijing 100083, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 25:1063-7. 2004To study the association between reduced folate carrier gene (RFC1) polymorphism and congenital heart defects (CHD) as well as cleft lip with or without cleft palate (CLP) and to provide epidemiological evidence on genetic markers of CHD ..
- Evaluation of nutritional and genetic determinants of total homocysteine, methylmalonic acid and S-adenosylmethionine/S-adenosylhomocysteine values in Brazilian childbearing-age womenPatricia R Barbosa
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Toxicology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clin Chim Acta 388:139-47. 2008..We investigated the nutritional and genetic determinants for total homocysteine (tHcy), methylmalonic acid (MMA) and SAM/SAH in healthy Brazilian childbearing-age women...
- Isolation of a gene encoding a human reduced folate carrier (RFC1) and analysis of its expression in transport-deficient, methotrexate-resistant human breast cancer cellsJ A Moscow
Medical Breast Cancer Section, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Res 55:3790-4. 1995Our laboratory has previously reported the isolation of a murine cDNA which restores reduced folate carrier (RFC) activity and methotrexate (MTX) sensitivity to a MTX-resistant, transport-deficient human breast cancer cell line (MTXR ZR-..
- Polyglutamation of methotrexate with common polymorphisms in reduced folate carrier, aminoimidazole carboxamide ribonucleotide transformylase, and thymidylate synthase are associated with methotrexate effects in rheumatoid arthritisThierry Dervieux
Prometheus Laboratories, San Diego, California, USA
Arthritis Rheum 50:2766-74. 2004Methotrexate (MTX) enters cells through the reduced folate carrier (RFC-1) and exerts part of its effects through polyglutamation to MTX polyglutamates (MTXPGs) and inhibition of 5-aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide ribonucleotide ..
- Polymorphisms in folate metabolic genes and lung cancer risk in Xuan Wei, ChinaMin Shen
Occupational and Environmental Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, DHHS, MSC 7240, 6120 Executive Blvd, Bethesda, MD 20892 7240, USA
Lung Cancer 49:299-309. 2005..002 and P=0.07, respectively). In summary, three genetic variants in folate metabolism genes are associated with an increased risk of lung cancer in Xuan Wei, China...
- G80A reduced folate carrier SNP modulates cellular uptake of folate and affords protection against thrombosis via a non homocysteine related mechanismZoe Yates
Human Nutrition, School of Applied Sciences, University of Newcastle, Ourimbah NSW 2258, Australia
Life Sci 77:2735-42. 2005Dietary folate is absorbed in the jejunum by the 'Reduced Folate Carrier' binding protein. This protein also sequesters extracellular folate for use by many cells in the body...
- Reduced folate carrier gene G80A polymorphism is associated with an increased risk of gastroesophageal cancers in a Chinese populationLina Wang
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, Cancer Research Center, Nanjing Medical University, 140 Hanzhong Road, Nanjing, and Yixing People s Hospital, Yixing City, Jiangsu 210029, China
Eur J Cancer 42:3206-11. 2006Low folate intake has been associated with an increased risk of both oesophageal and gastric cancers. Reduced folate carrier (RFC1, also named SLC19A1) is an essential folate transporter and functions as a bidirectional anion exchanger, ..
- Human reduced folate carrier: translation of basic biology to cancer etiology and therapyLarry H Matherly
Developmental Therapeutics Program, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, The Cancer Biology Graduate Program, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Cancer Metastasis Rev 26:111-28. 2007..of the biology of the physiologically and pharmacologically important transport system termed the "reduced folate carrier" (RFC)...
- Transcription regulatory polymorphism -43T>C in the 5'-flanking region of SLC19A1 gene could affect rheumatoid arthritis patient response to methotrexate therapyAnthoula Chatzikyriakidou
Genetics Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Medical School, University of Ioannina, 45110 Ioannina, Greece
Rheumatol Int 27:1057-61. 2007The reduced folate carrier (RFC) protein (SLC19A1-gene) has central role in the uptake and intracellular accumulation of folates...
- The reduced folate carrier (RFC) is cytotoxic to cells under conditions of severe folate deprivation. RFC as a double edged sword in folate homeostasisIlan Ifergan
The Fred Wyszkowski Cancer Research Laboratory, Department of Biology, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
J Biol Chem 283:20687-95. 2008The reduced folate carrier (RFC), a bidirectional anion transporter, is the major uptake route of reduced folates essential for a spectrum of biochemical reactions and thus cellular proliferation...
- The reduced folate carrier (RFC1) 80G > A and folate hydrolase 1 (FOLH1) 1561C > T polymorphisms and the risk of colorectal cancer: a nested case-referent studyV Eklöf
Department of Medical Biosciences, Pathology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 68:393-401. 2008..In this nested case-referent study, we related two such polymorphisms, reduced folate carrier (RFC1) 80G > A and folate hydrolase 1 (FOLH1) 1561C > T, to the risk of colorectal cancer, taking ..
- The reduced folate carrier (SLC19A1) c.80G>A polymorphism is associated with red cell folate concentrations among womenAnna Stanisławska-Sachadyn
Department of Pharmacology and Center for Pharmacogenetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Ann Hum Genet 73:484-91. 2009..As folate transport across cell membranes is mediated in part by the reduced folate carrier (RFC1), variants within SLC19A1, the gene that encodes RFC1, may influence disease risk via an effect on ..
- Association of folate-pathway gene polymorphisms with the risk of prostate cancer: a population-based nested case-control study, systematic review, and meta-analysisSimon M Collin
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol, Canynge Hall, 39 Whatley Road, Bristol, BS8 2PS United Kingdom
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:2528-39. 2009..studies; 3,032 cases; 4,515 controls), MTHFD1 G1958A (rs2236225; 6 studies; 7,493 cases; 36,941 controls), SLC19A1/RFC1 G80A (rs1051266; 4 studies; 6,222 cases; 35,821 controls), SHMT1 C1420T (rs1979277; 2 studies; 2,689 cases; 4,110 ..
- Identification of the minimal functional unit of the homo-oligomeric human reduced folate carrierZhanjun Hou
Developmental Therapeutics Program, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Biol Chem 285:4732-40. 2010The reduced folate carrier (RFC) is the major transport system for folates in mammals...
- Variation in folate pathway genes and distal colorectal adenoma risk: a sigmoidoscopy-based case-control studyA Joan Levine
Department of Preventive Medicine, Genetic Epidemiology, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Cancer Causes Control 22:541-52. 2011..Folate-associated one-carbon metabolism (FOCM) is an important pathway in colorectal neoplasia risk but data on genetic variation in this pathway are largely limited to studies of single SNPs in selected genes...
- Solute Carrier Family 19, member 1 (SLC19A1) polymorphisms (-43T>C, 80G>A, and 696C>T), and haplotypes in idiopathic recurrent spontaneous abortion in a Korean populationHyungchul Rah
Department of Biomedical Science, College of Life Science, CHA University, Seongnam, South Korea
Reprod Sci 19:513-9. 2012..05 for each). The associations between idiopathic RSA occurrence and SLC19A1 -43T>C/80G>A/696C>T polymorphisms were identified and can be developed as biomarkers for RSA risk...
- Association of COMT, MTHFR, and SLC19A1(RFC-1) polymorphisms with homocysteine blood levels and cognitive impairment in Parkinson's diseaseMonika Białecka
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, Pomeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
Pharmacogenet Genomics 22:716-24. 2012..However, the role of Hcy and folate in the pathogenesis of Parkinson's disease (PD) remains controversial...
- Alterations in the expression of transcription factors and the reduced folate carrier as a novel mechanism of antifolate resistance in human leukemia cellsLilah Rothem
Department of Biology, The Rappaport Institute for Research in the Medical Sciences and the B Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, The Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 31096, Israel
J Biol Chem 278:8935-41. 2003The human reduced folate carrier (hRFC) is the dominant transporter mediating the uptake of reduced folate cofactors and antifolate anticancer drugs...
- Characterization of a cysteine-less human reduced folate carrier: localization of a substrate-binding domain by cysteine-scanning mutagenesis and cysteine accessibility methodsWei Cao
Department of Pharmacology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, 540 East Canfield Avenue, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Biochem J 374:27-36. 2003The human reduced folate carrier (hRFC) mediates the transport of reduced folates and classical anti-folates into mammalian cells...
- Primary acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells use a novel promoter and 5'noncoding exon for the human reduced folate carrier that encodes a modified carrier translated from an upstream translational startRobin M Flatley
Experimental and Clinical Therapeutics Program, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:5111-22. 2004The human reduced folate carrier (hRFC) is reported to be regulated by up to seven alternatively spliced noncoding exons (A1, A2, A, B, C, D, and E)...
- Restoration of transport activity by co-expression of human reduced folate carrier half-molecules in transport-impaired K562 cells: localization of a substrate binding domain to transmembrane domains 7-12Teah L Witt
Experimental and Clinical Therapeutics Program, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Biol Chem 279:46755-63. 2004..and classical antifolates such as methotrexate are actively transported into mammalian cells by the reduced folate carrier (RFC)...
- Localization of a substrate binding domain of the human reduced folate carrier to transmembrane domain 11 by radioaffinity labeling and cysteine-substituted accessibility methodsZhanjun Hou
Developmental Therapeutics Program, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Biol Chem 280:36206-13. 2005The human reduced folate carrier (hRFC) mediates the membrane transport of reduced folates and classical anti-folates into mammalian cells...
- Transmembrane domains 4, 5, 7, 8, and 10 of the human reduced folate carrier are important structural or functional components of the transmembrane channel for folate substratesZhanjun Hou
Developmental Therapeutics Program, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
J Biol Chem 281:33588-96. 2006The human reduced folate carrier (hRFC) facilitates membrane transport of folates and antifolates. hRFC is characterized by 12 transmembrane domains (TMDs)...
- Role of lysine 411 in substrate carboxyl group binding to the human reduced folate carrier, as determined by site-directed mutagenesis and affinity inhibitionYijun Deng
Developmental Therapeutics Program, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, 110 E Warren Avenue, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Mol Pharmacol 73:1274-81. 2008b>Reduced folate carrier (RFC) is the major membrane transporter for folates and antifolates in mammalian tissues...
- Oligomeric structure of the human reduced folate carrier: identification of homo-oligomers and dominant-negative effects on carrier expression and functionZhanjun Hou
Developmental Therapeutics Program, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
J Biol Chem 284:3285-93. 2009The ubiquitously expressed reduced folate carrier (RFC) is the major transport system for folate cofactors in mammalian cells and tissues...
- Effects of 5' untranslated region diversity on the posttranscriptional regulation of the human reduced folate carrierScott G Payton
Department of Pharmacology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1769:131-8. 2007The human RFC (hRFC) gene is regulated by five major 5' non-coding exons, characterized by alternate transcription start sites and splice forms...
- Interaction between maternal periconceptional supplementation of folic acid and reduced folate carrier gene polymorphism of neural tube defectsLi Jun Pei
Institute of Reproductive and Child Health, National Reference Laboratory on Reproductive Health Research, Ministry of Health, Peking University, Beijing, 100083, PR China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 22:284-7. 2005To search the interaction between reduced folate carrier gene (RFC1 A80G) polymorphism of children with neural tube defects (NTDs) and maternal periconceptional no supplementation of folic acid...
- A mutated murine reduced folate carrier (RFC1) with increased affinity for folic acid, decreased affinity for methotrexate, and an obligatory anion requirement for transport functionR Zhao
Departments of Medicine and Molecular Pharmacology, and the Albert Einstein Comprehensive Cancer Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 273:19065-71. 1998In an ongoing study of structure-function relationships of the murine reduced folate carrier 1 (RFC1), a glutamate to lysine mutation at amino acid 45 was identified in a methotrexate (MTX)-resistant L1210 clonal variant in which MTX and ..
- Genetic polymorphisms in one-carbon metabolism: associations with CpG island methylator phenotype (CIMP) in colon cancer and the modifying effects of dietKaren Curtin
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, 375 Chipeta Way, Suite A, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Carcinogenesis 28:1672-9. 2007..reductase (MTHFR), thymidylate synthase (TS), transcobalamin II (TCNII), methionine synthase (MTR), reduced folate carrier (RFC), methylenetetrahydrofolate dehydrogenase 1 (MTHFD1), dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) and alcohol ..
- Homocysteine concentrations in adults with trisomy 21: effect of B vitamins and genetic polymorphismsNathalie Fillon-Emery
Faculte de Medecine, Laboratory of Medical Biochemistry, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Am J Clin Nutr 80:1551-7. 2004..The effects of supplementation with B vitamins and of common polymorphisms in genes involved in homocysteine metabolism on plasma total homocysteine (tHcy) concentrations in trisomy 21 are unknown...
- Folate pathway genetic polymorphisms and susceptibility of central nervous system tumors in Thai childrenNongnuch Sirachainan
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Rama VI Road, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Cancer Detect Prev 32:72-8. 2008..C677T and A1298C, methionine synthase (MTR) A2756G, thymidylate synthase (TS) 28-bp tandem repeat, and reduced folate carrier (RFC) G80A have been shown to be associated with increased susceptibility for several cancers...
- New perspectives on folate transport in relation to alcoholism-induced folate malabsorption--association with epigenome stability and cancer developmentAbid Hamid
Department of Biochemistry, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Chandigarh, India
FEBS J 276:2175-91. 2009..The various transporters, i.e. reduced folate carrier, proton-coupled folate transporter, folate-binding protein, and organic anion transporters, are involved ..
- [Relationship between genetic polymorphisms of RFC1 A80G and nonsymdromic cleft lip with or without palate]Yun Wang
Department of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, School of Public Health, Peking University Health Science Centre, Beijing 100191, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 38:276-9. 2009To explore the relationship between genetic polymorphisms of reduced folate carrier (RFC)1 A80G and nonsymdromic cleft lip with or without palate on Chinese population.
- [Epidemiological study on reduced folate carrier gene(RFC1 A80G) polymorphism and other risk factors of neural tube defects]Li Jun Pei
Institute of Reproductive and Child Health, National Reference Laboratory on Reproductive Health Research, Ministry of Health, Peking University, Beijing 100083, China
Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao 37:341-5. 2005To study the reduced folate carrier gene (RFC1) A80G polymorphism and other factors influence on children with neural tube defects (NTDs) and provide the epidemiological evidence for finding genetic marker of NTDs.
- Polymorphisms in folate and homocysteine metabolizing genes and chromosome damage in mothers of Down syndrome childrenFabio Coppede
Department of Neurosciences, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Am J Med Genet A 143:2006-15. 2007..of polymorphisms in the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR 677C > T or 1298A > C) and reduced folate carrier (RFC-1 80G > A) genes and the risk of a Down syndrome (DS) pregnancy in young Italian women...
- Methotrexate transport in variant human CCRF-CEM leukemia cells with elevated levels of the reduced folate carrier. Selective effect on carrier-mediated transport of physiological concentrations of reduced folatesG Jansen
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 265:18272-7. 1990....
- Associations between single nucleotide polymorphisms in folate uptake and metabolizing genes with blood folate, homocysteine, and DNA uracil concentrationsLauren DeVos
Eberly College of Science, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 88:1149-58. 2008..Folate status is also inversely related to plasma homocysteine concentrations -- a risk factor for cardiovascular disease...
- Reduced folate carrier transports thiamine monophosphate: an alternative route for thiamine delivery into mammalian cellsRongbao Zhao
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 282:C1512-7. 2002Although the reduced folate carrier RFC1 and the thiamine transporters THTR-1 and THTR-2 share approximately 40% of their identity in protein sequence, RFC1 does not transport thiamine and THTR-1 and THTR-2 do not transport folates...
- Genetic polymorphisms involved in folate metabolism and elevated plasma concentrations of homocysteine: maternal risk factors for Down syndrome in BrazilJ M Biselli
Unidade de Pesquisa em Genética e Biologia Molecular, Faculdade de Medicina de Sao Jose do Rio Preto, Sao Jose do Rio Preto, SP, Brasil
Genet Mol Res 7:33-42. 2008..reductase (MTHFR) gene, A2756G in methionine synthase reductase (MTR) gene and A80G in reduced folate carrier 1 (RFC1) gene, and plasma homocysteine (Hcy), on the maternal risk for Down syndrome (DS)...
- Thymidylate synthase level as the main predictive parameter for sensitivity to 5-fluorouracil, but not for folate-based thymidylate synthase inhibitors, in 13 nonselected colon cancer cell linesB van Triest
Department of Medical Oncology, University Hospital Vrije Universiteit, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 5:643-54. 1999..3H]MTX influx via the reduced folate carrier varied from 18.6 to 150 fmol/10(6) cells/min...
- Fission yeast Rad17 associates with chromatin in response to aberrant genomic structuresM Kai
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5324, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:3289-301. 2001..Rad17 is able to complex in vivo with an Rfc small subunit, Rfc2, but not with Rfc1. Furthermore, cells with rfc1Delta are checkpoint proficient, suggesting that Rfc1 does not have a role in ..
- High-level multiplex genotyping of polymorphisms involved in folate or homocysteine metabolism by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometryKlaus Meyer
LOCUS for Homocysteine and Related Vitamins, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Clin Chem 50:391-402. 2004..Future large epidemiologic studies of the genetic basis of hyperhomocysteinemia will require high-throughput assays for polymorphisms of genes related to folate and Hcy metabolism...
- Site-specific contribution of proton-coupled folate transporter/haem carrier protein 1 in the intestinal absorption of methotrexate in ratsTomoharu Yokooji
Laboratory of Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hiroshima International University, Hiroshima, Japan
J Pharm Pharmacol 61:911-8. 2009..is reportedly a substrate for proton-coupled folate transporter/haem carrier protein 1 (PCFT/HCP1) and reduced folate carrier 1 (RFC1)...
- Relationships between gene polymorphisms of folate-related proteins and vitamins and metabolites in pregnant women and neonatesFernanda R Lopreato
Departamento de Analises Clinicas e Toxicologicas, Faculdade de Ciências Farmacêuticas da Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil
Clin Chim Acta 398:134-9. 2008The methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR), glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCPII) and reduced folate carrier (RFC1) gene polymorphisms were associated with folate status...
- Metabolism-blocked antifolates as potential anti-rheumatoid arthritis agents: 4-amino-4-deoxy-5,8,10-trideazapteroyl-d,l-4'-methyleneglutamic acid (CH-1504) and its analogsJohn J McGuire
Grace Cancer Drug Center, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, United States
Biochem Pharmacol 77:1161-72. 2009..5.1.3) as their locus of action and transport by the reduced folate carrier (RFC; SLC19A1), but their lack of metabolism by known pathways of antifolate (e.g...
- Cloning and functional characterization of a folate transporter from the nematode Caenorhabditis elegansKrishnaswamy Balamurugan
VA Medical Center 151, Long Beach, CA 90822, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 293:C670-81. 2007Two putative orthologs to the human reduced folate carrier (hRFC), folt-1 and folt-2, which share a 40 and 31% identity, respectively, with the hRFC sequence, have been identified in the Caenorhabditis elegans genome...
- Associations of common polymorphisms in the thymidylate synthase, reduced folate carrier and 5-aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide ribonucleotide transformylase/inosine monophosphate cyclohydrolase genes with folate and homocysteine levels and venous thrombosis Henkjan Gellekink
Laboratory of Pediatrics and Neurology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Clin Chem Lab Med 45:471-6. 2007..Genetic variation in folate-metabolizing genes may affect folate availability and hence confer a greater risk of venous thrombosis...
- Mechanism-based inhibitors of folylpoly-gamma-glutamate synthetase and gamma-glutamyl hydrolase: control of folylpoly-gamma-glutamate homeostasis as a drug targetJames K Coward
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Vitam Horm 79:347-73. 2008..hydrolysis of the oligo-gamma-glutamates derivatives to monoglutamyl forms, which are substrates for the reduced folate carrier and able to exit the cell...
- Molecular cloning and tissue distribution of reduced folate carrier and effect of dietary folate supplementation on the expression of reduced folate carrier in laying hensM Jing
Department of Animal Science, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Poult Sci 88:1939-47. 2009The reduced folate carrier (RFC) has been postulated to be a major entity for folate transport activity in humans and other mammals. However, there are limited reports of the importance of RFC in an avian system...
- [Primary study on establishment of namalwa 12/MTX resistant cell strain and its mechanism]Jing Chen
Shanghai Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Children s Medical Center, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai 200092, P R China
Ai Zheng 21:1335-40. 2002..However, there was few report about its drug resistance mechanism in lymphoma. This study was designed to establish Burkitt's lymphoma methotrexate resistant cell strain--Namlwa 12/MTX and study its resistant mechanism...
- The effect of side-chain, para-aminobenzoyl region, and B-ring modifications on dihydrofolate reductase binding, influx via the reduced folate carrier, and cytotoxicity of the potent nonpolyglutamatable antifolate N(alpha)-(4-amino-4-deoxypteroyl)-N(deltaA Rosowsky
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA, USA
Pharmacol Ther 85:191-205. 2000..tight-binding dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) inhibitor and is efficiently taken up into cells via the reduced folate carrier (RFC)...
- Molecular modeling-based analysis of interactions in the RFC-dependent clamp-loading processCeslovas Venclovas
Computational and Systems Biology Division, Biology and Biotechnology Research Program, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, California 94550, USA
Protein Sci 11:2403-16. 2002..with known structural, biochemical, and genetic data, we propose detailed models of how two of the RFC subunits, RFC1 and RFC3, interact with the C-terminal regions of PCNA...
- Analysis of seven maternal polymorphisms of genes involved in homocysteine/folate metabolism and risk of Down syndrome offspringIris Scala
Department of Pediatrics, Federico II University of Naples, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Genet Med 8:409-16. 2006..Gene-gene/allele-allele interactions, haplotype analysis and the association with age at conception were also evaluated...
- Impairments in antifolate transport are common in retinoblastoma tumor samplesRichard G Gorlick
Department of Pediatrics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 50:573-6. 2008..Identification of effective chemotherapy agents for retinoblastoma that are not associated with an elevated risk of secondary malignancy would be beneficial...
- Involvement of gene polymorphisms of the folate pathway enzymes in gene expression and anticancer drug sensitivity using the NCI-60 panel as a modelVirginie Charasson
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie et Toxicologie Clinique, Hôpital Lapeyronie et Université de Montpellier 1, 34295 Montpellier, France
Eur J Cancer 45:2391-401. 2009..MTHFD1 (N(5,10)-methylene-tetrahydrofolate dehydrogenase), MTR (methionine synthetase) and SLC19A1 (reduced folate carrier) in the panel of 60 human tumour cell lines established by the NCI for anticancer drug screening and we ..
- Elg1 forms an alternative PCNA-interacting RFC complex required to maintain genome stabilityPamela Kanellis
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5, Canada
Curr Biol 13:1583-95. 2003..Genome instability is a hallmark of cancer and plays a critical role in generating the myriad of phenotypes selected for during tumor progression. However, the mechanisms that prevent genome rearrangements remain poorly understood...
- Synthesis and in vitro antifolate activity of rotationally restricted aminopterin and methotrexate analoguesAndre Rosowsky
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Department of Biological Chemistry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Med Chem 47:6958-63. 2004..The K(i) values of 9 and 10 as inhibitors of [(3)H]MTX influx into CCRF-CEM human leukemia cells via the reduced folate carrier (RFC) were 0.28 and 1.1 muM, respectively...
- Phase II-I-II study of two different doses and schedules of pralatrexate, a high-affinity substrate for the reduced folate carrier, in patients with relapsed or refractory lymphoma reveals marked activity in T-cell malignanciesOwen A O'Connor
Lymphoid Development and Malignancy Program, Lymphoma Service, Columbia University, Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1130 St Nicholas Ave, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:4357-64. 2009..To determine the maximum-tolerated dose (MTD) and efficacy of pralatrexate in patients with lymphoma...
- Combination of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase and thymidylate synthase for the prediction of fluoropyrimidine efficacyTakako Eguchi Nakajima
Gastrointestinal Oncology Division, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Cancer 44:400-7. 2008..Low thymidylate synthase (TS), low gamma-glutamyl hydrolase, high reduced folate carrier 1, high O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) and low cyclin E expressions were associated with a ..
- Variable expression of the folylpolyglutamate synthetase gene at the level of mRNA transcription in human leukemia cell lines sensitive, or made resistant, to various antifolate drugsY Takemura
Department of Laboratory Medicine, National Defense Medical College, Tokorozawa, Saitama, Japan
Anticancer Drugs 10:677-83. 1999..Another MTX-resistant subline with impaired reduced folate carrier (MOLT-3/MTX10,000) also showed overexpression of FPGS mRNA...
- Increased expression and genomic organization of a folate-binding protein homologous to the human placental isoform in L1210 murine leukemia cell lines with a defective reduced folate carrierK E Brigle
Department of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond 23298
J Biol Chem 269:4267-72. 1994..In this line, the reduced folate carrier had unchanged affinity for methotrexate, was present at the cell surface in usual quantity, but did not ..
- Reduced folate carrier gene is a risk factor for neural tube defects in a Chinese populationLijun Pei
Institute of Reproductive and Child Health, Peking University Health Science Center, No 38 Xueyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100083, China
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 73:430-3. 2005..At present, the mechanism by which folic acid exerts its beneficial effect remains unknown. Folate transporter genes, including the reduced folate carrier gene (RFC1), have been proposed as NTD risk factors.
- Down-regulation of reduced folate carrier may result in folate malabsorption across intestinal brush border membrane during experimental alcoholismAbid Hamid
Department of Biochemistry, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
FEBS J 274:6317-28. 2007..Parallel changes were observed in reduced folate carrier protein levels in brush border membrane along the entire crypt-villus axis...
- Microarray analysis of E9.5 reduced folate carrier (RFC1; Slc19a1) knockout embryos reveals altered expression of genes in the cubilin-megalin multiligand endocytic receptor complexJanee Gelineau-van Waes
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5455, USA
BMC Genomics 9:156. 2008The reduced folate carrier (RFC1) is an integral membrane protein and facilitative anion exchanger that mediates delivery of 5-methyltetrahydrofolate into mammalian cells...
- Dioxin mediates downregulation of the reduced folate carrier transport activity via the arylhydrocarbon receptor signalling pathwaySandra Halwachs
Institute of Pharmacology, Pharmacy and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 246:100-6. 2010..The 5' untranslated region of the hepatocellular Reduced folate carrier (Rfc1; Slc19a1) exhibits AhR binding sites termed dioxin responsive elements (DRE) that have as yet only ..
- Intestinal folate transport: identification of a cDNA involved in folate transport and the functional expression and distribution of its mRNAH M Said
VA Medical Center 151, Long Beach, California 90822, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1281:164-72. 1996..In this investigation, we screened a mouse intestinal cDNA library using as probe the cDNA clone of a reduced folate carrier (RFC1) of mouse leukemia L1210 cells, and identified a positive clone, IFC1(RFC1)...
- Sulfasalazine is a potent inhibitor of the reduced folate carrier: implications for combination therapies with methotrexate in rheumatoid arthritisGerrit Jansen
Department of Rheumatology, Vrije Universiteit Medisch Centrum, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 50:2130-9. 2004To investigate whether interactions of sulfasalazine (SSZ) with reduced folate carrier (RFC), the dominant cell membrane transporter for natural folates and methotrexate (MTX), may limit the efficacy of combination therapy with MTX and ..
- Folate transport gene inactivation in mice increases sensitivity to colon carcinogenesisDavid W L Ma
Molecular and Cell Biology Section, Faculty of Nutrition, Texas A and M University, Kleberg Center, College Station, TX 77843 2471, USA
Cancer Res 65:887-97. 2005..the effect of targeted ablation of two folate transport genes, folate binding protein 1 (Folbp1) and reduced folate carrier 1 (RFC1), on folate homeostasis to elucidate the molecular mechanisms of folate action on colonocyte cell ..
- Genetic variation of infant reduced folate carrier (A80G) and risk of orofacial defects and congenital heart defects in ChinaLijun Pei
Institute of Reproductive and Child Health, Peking University, China
Ann Epidemiol 16:352-6. 2006..to investigate whether the risks of congenital heart defects (CHD) and orofacial defects were influenced by a polymorphism of the offspring's RFC1 or by an interaction between the RFC1 gene and maternal periconceptional use of folic acid.
- Chiral recognition of amethopterin enantiomers by the reduced folate carrier in Caco-2 cellsTomoya Narawa
School of Pharmacy, Kitasato University, Tokyo, Japan
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 22:33-40. 2007Stereoselectivity of the human reduced folate carrier (RFC1) in Caco-2 cells was examined using methotrexate (L-amethopterin, L-MTX) and its antipode (D-amethopterin, D-MTX) as model substrates...
- Characterization of a mutation in the reduced folate carrier in a transport defective L1210 murine leukemia cell lineK E Brigle
Department of Medicine, Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond 23298, USA
J Biol Chem 270:22974-9. 1995..We now report on the sequence analysis of cDNAs encoding the reduced folate carrier from this line and identify a single mutation that results in the substitution of a proline for an alanine ..
- The uvsF gene region in Aspergillus nidulans codes for a protein with homology to DNA replication factor CE Kafer
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Gene 191:155-9. 1997..A major part of the sequence shows homology to human, mouse and yeast RFC1 genes which code for the large subunit of the DNA replication factor C...
- Polymorphisms in genes involved in folate metabolism as risk factors for NTDsP De Marco
Servizio di Neurochirurgia, Istituto G Gaslini, Genova, Italy
Eur J Pediatr Surg 11:S14-7. 2001..For this reason, a common polymorphism in the RFC-1 gene encoding the reduced folate carrier protein (A80 G) could also be an additional NTD risk factor...
- Role of the C-terminus and the long cytoplasmic loop in reduced folate carrier expression and functionIraida G Sharina
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein Cancer Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 63:1717-24. 2002The reduced folate carrier (RFC1), a member of the major facilitative superfamily, generates uphill transport of folates into cells through an exchange mechanism with intracellular organic anions...
- Loss of multidrug resistance protein 1 expression and folate efflux activity results in a highly concentrative folate transport in human leukemia cellsYehuda G Assaraf
Department of Biology, The Technion, Haifa 32000, Israel
J Biol Chem 278:6680-6. 2003..Although CEM-7A cells displayed a 74-86-fold increase in the reduced folate carrier (RFC)-mediated influx of LCV and MTX, RFC overexpression per se cannot induce a prominently increased ..
- Selective preservation of pemetrexed pharmacological activity in HeLa cells lacking the reduced folate carrier: association with the presence of a secondary transport pathwayRongbao Zhao
Departments of Medicine and Molecular Pharmacology, The Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and the Einstein Cancer Research Center, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Cancer Res 64:3313-9. 2004..HeLa subline (R5), developed in this laboratory, with impaired transport due to a genomic deletion of the reduced folate carrier (RFC) was only 2-fold resistant to pemetrexed (PMX), but 200- and 400-fold resistant to raltitrexed (..
- Polymorphisms and haplotypes in folate-metabolizing genes and risk of non-Hodgkin lymphomaChristine F Skibola
Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 7360, USA
Blood 104:2155-62. 2004..reductase (MTHFR 677C>T and 1298A>C); serine hydroxymethyltransferase (SHMT1 C1420T); reduced folate carrier (RFC G80A); and methionine synthase (MTR A2756G), making the present study the largest and most ..
- Characterization of a folate transporter in HeLa cells with a low pH optimum and high affinity for pemetrexed distinct from the reduced folate carrierYanhua Wang
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:6256-64. 2004Studies were undertaken to characterize a low pH transport activity in a reduced folate carrier (RFC)-null HeLa-derived cell line (R5)...
- Structure and regulation of the murine reduced folate carrier gene: identification of four noncoding exons and promoters and regulation by dietary folatesMingjun Liu
Experimental and Clinical Therapeutics Program, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Waynes State University School of Medicine, 110 E Warren Ave, Detriot, MI 48201, USA
J Biol Chem 280:5588-97. 2005The upstream structure and regulation of the mouse reduced folate carrier (mRFC) gene was characterized...
- Antifolate resistance in a HeLa cell line associated with impaired transport independent of the reduced folate carrierRongbao Zhao
Departments of Medicine and Molecular Pharmacology and the Albert Einstein Cancer Research Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10803, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:8735-42. 2004..In HeLa cells, this low pH activity has high affinity for pemetrexed [PMX (Alimta)] and is reduced folate carrier (RFC)-independent because it is not diminished in a RFC-null subline (R5)...
- Loss of reduced folate carrier function and folate depletion result in enhanced pemetrexed inhibition of purine synthesisRongbao Zhao
Departments of Medicine and Molecular Pharmacology, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Cancer Research Center, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:1294-301. 2005..alone fully protected wild-type HeLa cells to at least 1 micromol/L pemetrexed, but protection of a reduced folate carrier (RFC)-null subline required both thymidine and hypoxanthine above a concentration of 30 nmol/L pemetrexed...
- Biotin-responsive basal ganglia disease maps to 2q36.3 and is due to mutations in SLC19A3Wen Qi Zeng
Molecular Neurogenetics Unit, Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129 2000, USA
Am J Hum Genet 77:16-26. 2005....
- Role of reduced folate carrier in intestinal folate uptakeKrishnaswamy Balamurugan
Veterans Affairs Medical Center 151, 5901 E 7th St, Long Beach, CA 90822, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 291:C189-93. 2006..have characterized different aspects of the intestinal folate uptake process and have shown that the reduced folate carrier (RFC) is expressed in the gut and plays a role in the uptake process...
- Folate receptor and human reduced folate carrier expression in HepG2 cell line exposed to fumonisin B1 and folate deficiencyAfif M Abdel Nour
Laboratory of Nutritional Genomics, Institut Polytechnique LaSalle Beauvais Agrohealth EGEAL, 19 rue Pierre Waguet, F 60026 Beauvais Cedex, France
Carcinogenesis 28:2291-7. 2007..Two folate transporters (folate receptor, FR, and Reduced Folate Carrier, hRFC1) are involved in the cell uptake of folate...
- Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase and reduced folate carrier-1 genotypes and methotrexate serum concentrations in patients with rheumatoid arthritisKatsumi Fukino
Department of Geriatric Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, Japan
J Toxicol Sci 32:449-52. 2007We investigated the genotypes of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) and reduced folate carrier-1 (RFC-1), and the serum concentrations of methotrexate (MTX) in 100 outpatients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Colorectal carcinomas with microsatellite instability display increased thymidylate synthase gene expression levelsElisabeth Odin
Department of General Surgery, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital Ostra, Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Colorectal Cancer 6:720-7. 2007..The gene expression levels of thymidylate synthase (TS), reduced folate carrier (RFC-1), folylpolyglutamate synthase (FPGS), and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) in mucosa and ..
- Fecal collection, ambient preservation, and DNA extraction for PCR amplification of bacterial and human markers from human fecesJordan M Nechvatal
Department of Physiology, Wayne State University, 540 E Canfield Avenue, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
J Microbiol Methods 72:124-32. 2008..DNA for human reduced folate carrier (SLC19A1) genomic sequence was also detected in 90% of the QS-R extracts...
- Membrane transporters and folate homeostasis: intestinal absorption and transport into systemic compartments and tissuesRongbao Zhao
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Expert Rev Mol Med 11:e4. 2009..molecules use several genetically distinct and functionally diverse transport systems to enter cells: the reduced folate carrier, the proton-coupled folate transporter and the folate receptors...
- Gene expression profiling of leukemia T-cells resistant to methotrexate and 7-hydroxymethotrexate reveals alterations that preserve intracellular levels of folate and nucleotide biosynthesisAlan Kambiz Fotoohi
Department of Oncology and Pathology, Karolinska Institutet, Cancer Center Karolinska, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Biochem Pharmacol 77:1410-7. 2009..mRNA levels of the reduced folate carrier, the primary influx transporter of folates and antifolates, were down-regulated more than two-fold in ..
- A postincision-deficient TFIIH causes replication fork breakage and uncovers alternative Rad51- or Pol32-mediated restart mechanismsMaría Moriel-Carretero
Centro Andaluz de Biologia Molecular y Medicina Regenerativa CABIMER, Universidad de Sevilla CSIC, Av Americo Vespucio s n, 41092 Sevilla, Spain
Mol Cell 37:690-701. 2010..Broken forks are rescued by MRX-Rad52-Rfc1-dependent recombination via two types of replication restart mechanisms, one being Rad51 dependent and the other ..
- Variation in folate pathway genes contributes to risk of congenital heart defects among individuals with Down syndromeAdam E Locke
Department of Human Genetics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Genet Epidemiol 34:613-23. 2010..synthase (MTR), methionine synthase reductase (MTRR), cystathionine beta-synthase (CBS), and the reduced folate carrier (SLC19A1, RFC1). SLC19A1 was found to be associated with AVSD using a multilocus allele-sharing test...
- Association of thymidylate synthase gene polymorphisms with stavudine triphosphate intracellular levels and lipodystrophyPere Domingo
Infectious Diseases Unit, Hospital de Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:1428-35. 2011..thymidylate synthase (TS), methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR), dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR), reduced folate carrier 1 (RFC1; SLC19A1), and cyclin D1 (CCND1) genes were determined by direct sequencing using an ABI Prism 3100 ..
- Nitric oxide (NO) enhances pemetrexed cytotoxicity via NO‑cGMP signaling in lung adenocarcinoma cells in vitro and in vivoHiroki Nagai
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Int J Oncol 41:24-30. 2012..donors on the expression of proteins associated with PEM metabolism, including thymidylate synthase (TS), reduced folate carrier 1 (RFC1), folylpolyglutamate synthase (FPGS), γ-glutamyl hydrolase (GGH) and multidrug resistance-related ..
- Identification of transporters associated with Etoposide sensitivity of stomach cancer cell lines and methotrexate sensitivity of breast cancer cell lines by quantitative targeted absolute proteomicsWataru Obuchi
Division of Membrane Transport and Drug Targeting, Department of Biochemical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Mol Pharmacol 83:490-500. 2013..In breast cancer cell lines, the protein expression level of reduced folate carrier 1 (RFC1) was directly correlated with methotrexate (MTX) sensitivity...
- Stereoselective transport of human His27- and Arg27-reduced folate carrierTomoya Narawa
School of Pharmacy, Kitasato University
Biol Pharm Bull 37:439-46. 2014..transport of methotrexate (L-amethopterin, L-MTX) and its antipode (D-amethopterin, D-MTX) by human reduced folate carrier (hRFC) has been examined in HEK293 cells expressing H27-hRFC and R27-hRFC...
- Alcohol abuse and cigarette smoking are associated with global DNA hypermethylation: results from the German Investigation on Neurobiology in Alcoholism (GINA)Alexander Semmler
University of Zurich, Department of Neurology, Switzerland
Alcohol 49:97-101. 2015..677C > T and c.1298A > C, methyltetrahydrofolate-transferase (MTR) c.2756A > G, reduced folate carrier 1 (RFC1) c.80G > A, and transcobalamin 2 c.776C > G...
- Genetic variants involved in oxidative stress, base excision repair, DNA methylation, and folate metabolism pathways influence myeloid neoplasias susceptibility and prognosisAna Cristina Gonçalves
Laboratory of Oncobiology and Hematology LOH and University Clinic of Hematology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Coimbra FMUC, Coimbra, Portugal
Mol Carcinog 56:130-148. 2017..Altogether, data suggest that genetic variability influence predisposition and prognosis of MDS and AML patients, as well AML transformation rate in MDS patients. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc...
- c-Myc targeted regulators of cell metabolism in a transgenic mouse model of papillary lung adenocarcinomaYari Ciribilli
Centre for Integrative Biology CIBIO, University of Trento, 38123 Povo Tn, Italy
Oncotarget 7:65514-65539. 2016..2 p < 0.001) thus, providing a rationale for molecular targeted therapies in PLACs...
- Simultaneous, But Not Consecutive, Combination With Folinate Salts Potentiates 5-fluorouracil Antitumor Activity In Vitro and In VivoAntonello Di
Division of Pharmacology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Oncol Res . 2017....
- Characterization of the five replication factor C genes of Saccharomyces cerevisiaeG Cullmann
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, New York 11724, USA
Mol Cell Biol 15:4661-71. 1995..cerevisiae genes RFC1, RFC2, RFC3, RFC4, and RFC5...
- Larry H Matherly; Fiscal Year: 2015..methotrexate, pemetrexate, raltitrexed and pralatrexate, are all transported by the ubiquitous, reduced folate carrier (RFC) into both tumor and normal host cells, and hence are nonselective for tumor cells and are ..
- SHERMAINE KIMBERLY MITCHELL; Fiscal Year: 2014..The latter has been attributed to intracellular membrane transport of Pmx by Reduced Folate Carrier (RFC)...
- FOLATE PATHWAY GENES AND RISK FOR OROFACIAL CLEFTSGary Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2002..interplay between genetic variation of 3 potential folate pathway genes (folate receptor gene, reduced folate carrier, and the N-acetal transferace 1 gene) among probands, maternal folic acid/multivitamin intake, and the ..
- Tumor-Specific Targeting of Folate-Derivatized DrugsPhilip Low; Fiscal Year: 2004..still bind with high affinity (KD -1 0-9M) to the folate receptor (FR), but will lose all affinity for the reduced folate carrier (a transport protein that mediates folate uptake by many nonmalignant cells)...
- Larry H Matherly; Fiscal Year: 2016..in its 19th year proposes to better understand the biology and therapeutic potential of the human reduced folate carrier (hRFC) and human proton-coupled folate transporter (hPCFT), two of the major membrane transport systems ..
- Larry H Matherly; Fiscal Year: 2015..which is functionally and (to some degree) anatomically distinct from the ubiquitously expressed reduced folate carrier (RFC), the major tissue folate transporter...
- Conotruncal defects: genetic and nutritional riskEDWARD JAMES LAMMER; Fiscal Year: 2010..thymidylate synthase);2) studying genetic variation of two folate transporters, folate receptor-alpha and reduced folate carrier;and 3) searching for genetic variation among nine candidate genes involved in development of the anterior ..
- MOLECULAR CORRELATES OF METHOTREXATE IN CHILDHOOD ALLLarry Matherly; Fiscal Year: 2007..We previously demonstrated: (a) a extraordinarily wide range (88-fold) of expression of the human reduced folate carrier (hRFC), the membrane transport system for MTX and tetrahydrofolates, in ALL lymphoblasts, and often ..
- Antifolate Resistance in OsteosarcomaRichard Gorlick; Fiscal Year: 2007..Recently identified mutations and polymorphisms in the reduced folate carrier which is involved in methotrexate uptake may also be important determinants of tumor chemotherapy response ..
- Transcriptional Role of BRCA1 in Breast CancerWen Hwa Lee; Fiscal Year: 2012..To elucidate regulatory modes of BRCA1-mediated, but ZBRK1 independent, transcriptional modulation of FGF2, RFC1, TIP30 and TFDP1;and Aim 3...
- NUTRITIONAL AND BIOCHEMICAL/GENETIC MARKERS OF CANCERJing Ma; Fiscal Year: 2007..a key role in adipocyte differentiation), VDR (FokI), IL-6, methionine syntheses reductase (MTRR), and reduced folate carrier (RFC-1)...
- Folate, Vitamin D and Calcium in Colorectal CancerRobert Haile; Fiscal Year: 2009..or SAHH), ADA (adenosine deaminase), methionine adenosyl transferase 2A (MAT2A), folate receptor (FOLR1), reduced folate carrier (RFC1 or SLC19A1), S-adenosylmethionine decarboxylase (AMD1), gastric instrinsic factor (GIF), ..
- NOVEL ANTIFOLATES IN ACUTE LEUKEMIA AND OSTEOSARCOMATanya Trippett; Fiscal Year: 2001..of resistance and work in progress indicates that some osteosarcoma tumors have low levels of the reduced folate carrier. Therefore, the first approach will utilize trimetrexate, an antifolate which does not require utilization ..
- Mouse Models of Vitamin Transport DefectsJudith Fleming; Fiscal Year: 2004SLC19A3 is a member of the vitamin transporter family that includes the reduced folate carrier, SLC 19A1 and the high-affinity thiamine transporter, SLC19A2...
- MOLECULAR STUDIES OF FOLATE HOMEOSTASISCharles Halsted; Fiscal Year: 2000..folate polyglutamate hydrolase (BBFH) and the liver and kidney membrane folate binding protein (FBP) and reduced folate carrier (RFC); 2) to use human tissues to evaluate the relevance of the pig as a model for human folate ..
- THROMBOSTATIN MODEL FOR CORONARY THROMBOSISAhmed Hasan; Fiscal Year: 1999..One experimental approach involves the use of the well-established Folt's model of coronary artery thrombosis...
- Novel, P. jirovecii Specific Antipneumocystis AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2009..These agents could be used alone or in combination to treat PCP thus providing novel agents against a new target. ..
- Mechanism/regulation of human intestinal thiamin uptakeHAMID SAID; Fiscal Year: 2008..This should ultimately assist us in the designing of effective strategies to optimize thiamin body homeostasis in conditions associated with thiamin deficiency and sub-optimal levels. ..
- C elegans:a model to study intestinal water-soluble vitamins transport in vivoHAMID SAID; Fiscal Year: 2007..elegans genome and have identified three putative orthologs to the human reduced folate carrier (hRFC), i.e., ceRFC- 1, ceRFC-2 and ceRFC-3...
- Enhancement of methotrexate uptake in childhood ALLJohn McGuire; Fiscal Year: 2009..metabolism to MTX polyglutamates primarily via a previously undiscovered enhancement in activity of the reduced folate carrier (RFC), which also transports MTX...
- Antitumor Antimitotics That Reverse Tumor ResistanceAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010..The study will also further define the mechanism of action of the novel series and could afford agents for clinical use. ..
- Single Agents with Designed Combination Chemotherapy PotentialAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Metabolic Biomarkers of Autism: Predictive Potential and Genetic SusceptibilitySANDRA JILL JAMES; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Novel Single, Dual and Multitargeted Inhibitors of RTKsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- ETHANOL, RETINOIDS, AND CONGENITAL HEART MALFORMATIONSJanee Gelineau van Waes; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Alpha Folate Receptor Mediated GARFTase Inhibitors as Selective Antitumor AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010..The design of a cytotoxic agent that itself selectively targets the FR-alpha and is not appreciably taken up by the RFC would afford highly selective agents against FR-alpha expressing tumors without serious toxicity...
- STRUCTURE BASED ANALOGS AS ANTIOPPORTUNISTIC AGENTSAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2001..The analogues synthesized will also be submitted for screening against tuberculosis (NIAID) parasitic diseases (WHO) and tumor cells in culture (NCI). ..
- LIPOPHILIC ANTIFOLATES AND AIDS OPPORTUNISTIC INFECTIONSAndre Rosowsky; Fiscal Year: 2004..Analogs of PT653 with a COOH, NH2, or OH group on the tricyclic moiety, and prodrugs thereof, will be made with the goal of improving aqueous solubility without sacrificing potency or selectivity. ..
- NOVEL APPROACHES TO ANTIFOLATE CHEMOTHERAPYAndre Rosowsky; Fiscal Year: 2003..The focus will be on enhancing polyglutamation of the lead compound dmAMT by modification of the B-ring and/or pABA moiety. ..
- NOVEL NONINDUCIBLE THYMIDYLATE SYNTHASE INHIBITORSAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Third Generation Antiopportunistic AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2003..Screening against tuberculosis (NIAID) and tumor cells in culture (NCI) is also proposed. ..
- FOLYLPOLYGLUTAMATE SYNTHETASE IN CANCER CHEMOTHERAPYJohn McGuire; Fiscal Year: 2003..This may explain why high-level resistance to pulse MTX can occur in the absence of a large decrease in total FPGS activity or a rise in glutamyl hydrolase activity. ..
- Quantitation of Tocopherol Metabolism in HumansANDREW JOSEPH CLIFFORD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Particular attention will be directed to the absorption phase. The results are expected to provide information about vitamin E biopotency and eventually improved Dietary Recommendations. ..
- A Genome-Wide Association Study of Non-Hodgkin LymphomaChristine F Skibola; Fiscal Year: 2010..The data generated from this study will provide a framework for further investigation within the NHL consortium, InterLymph. Results will later be combined with that from other InterLymph case-control studies in pooled analyses. ..
- Quantitation of In Vivo Human Lutein MetabolismANDREW JOSEPH CLIFFORD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore, the purpose of this study is to determine how the human body uses lutein and other related compounds. ..
- Prostaglandin Synthesis, Genetics and Colorectal CancerCornelia M Ulrich; Fiscal Year: 2010..They will also advance tailoring of chemoprevention in a way that maximizes benefit and minimizes toxicity. ..
- Fine-mapping of 8q24 and Loci Identified in Genome-Wide Studies for Breast & ColoCHRISTOPHER ALAN HAIMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..We expect findings from this work to guide the development of future preventive, early detection and prognostic strategies ..
- NSAID and COX/PG Metabolism and Colorectal CancerCornelia Ulrich; Fiscal Year: 2009..Ultimately, such information on the metabolic variation will be useful in optimizing NSAIDs and NSAID regimens and will allow individual tailoring of chemoprevention. ..
- SOMATIC CELL GENETIC ANALYSIS OF PURINE SYNTHESISDavid Patterson; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Genetic Study of Prostaglandin Synthesis/EGFR and Risk of Colorectal NeoplasiaCornelia Ulrich; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SAMe and Folate Deficiency in Alcoholic MircropigsCharles Halsted; Fiscal Year: 2006..While furthering understanding of interactions of methionine metabolites on pathways of liver injury, the project may establish novel approaches to the prevention and treatment of ALD. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CARNITINE TRANSPORTERS: STRUCTURE, FUNCTION & REGULATIONVadivel Ganapathy; Fiscal Year: 2003..laevis oocytes. The regulation studies will be carried out in intact animals using the rat as a model and also in cultured cells of human origin. ..
- Immune Tolerance; Sigma Receptor as a Therapeutic TargetVadivel Ganapathy; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- SUPPRESSION OF T CELL ACTIVATION BY DIETARY FATTY ACIDSROBERT CHAPKIN; Fiscal Year: 2003..g., rheumatoid arthritis), without compromising host defenses. ..
- DYNAMIC AND KINETIC BEHAVIOR OF FOLATE METABOLISMAndrew Clifford; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will determine the in vivo kinetic behavior of a tracer dose of folate in blood, urine, and stool. We will then compare the behavior of folate metabolism (functional endpoint) among the various genotypes. ..
- Studies of Human Folate HydrolaseCharles Halsted; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Epidemiologic Study of Placental AbruptionCande Ananth; Fiscal Year: 2006..It will also add substantial new evidence for associations of several genetic thrombophilias and abruption risk. ..
- IN VIVO DYNAMIC OF BETA-CAROTENE METABOLISM IN HUMANSAndrew Clifford; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Modulation of NHE Activity by EPEC InfectionPradeep Dudeja; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our findings may aid in the future development of improved therapeutic modalities for infectious diarrhea. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Exercise effects on oxidative damage among womenCornelia Ulrich; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- AUTISM AND AMPS LYASE MUTATIONS: CELL AND MOUSE MODELSDavid Patterson; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will then attempt to intervene with appropriate pharmacological agents to reverse the effects of ADSL deficiency, and, we hope, to other forms of autism. ..
- A randomized trial of influenza vaccination of Hutterite childrenMark Loeb; Fiscal Year: 2006..We believe that the trial we propose will lead to important data that can inform policy on influenza immunization strategy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EFFECTS OF SAM IN PATIENTS WITH ALCOHOLIC LIVER DISEASECharles Halsted; Fiscal Year: 2007..By confirming the relationship of abnormal methionine metabolism to clinical, biochemical, and pathologic disease severity, the study will establish a metabolic basis for determining the efficacy of SAM intervention in ALD. ..
- Molecular Analysis of a Novel Opioid Peptide TransporterVadivel Ganapathy; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Modeling Folate, One-Carbon Metabolism & DNA MethylationCornelia Ulrich; Fiscal Year: 2007..We plan to make the model generally available to the research community, and anticipate that it will become a useful tool that can be used as an adjunct to experimental investigations and as an aid to study design. ..
- Proteomics for Testing Hypotheses about Down SyndromeDavid Patterson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding of the alterations in protein levels in the Ts65Dn mouse model of DS should lead to new approaches of ameliorate the cognitive and behavioral aspects of DS. ..
- POLYMORPHISMS IN PG/COX PATHWAY AND COLORECTAL POLYPSCornelia Ulrich; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, we plan to develop a model for integrating information on genetic variability at multiple points in this metabolic pathway. ..
- A Comprehensive Analysis of Genetic Variation in DNA Repair Genes in Relation toChristopher Haiman; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ability to accurately identify high-risk sub-groups may have profound implications on endometrial cancer prevention as well as advance research aimed at targeted drug development. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..