Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RFC1
Description: replication factor C subunit 1
Alias: MHCBFB, PO-GA, RECC1, RFC, RFC140, replication factor C subunit 1, A1 140 kDa subunit, DNA-binding protein PO-GA, MHC binding factor, beta, RF-C 140 kDa subunit, activator 1 140 kDa subunit, activator 1 large subunit, activator 1 subunit 1, replication factor C (activator 1) 1, 145kDa, replication factor C 140 kDa subunit, replication factor C large subunit, replication factor C1
Publications221 found, 100 shown here
- Predictors of successful radiofrequency catheter ablation of sinoatrial tachycardiaM Y Ivanov
Clinical Electrophysiology Laboratory, Cardiosurgery Clinic, Emergency Hospital, Cheliabinsk, Russia
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 21:311-5. 1998Predictors of successful elimination of sinoatrial tachycardia (SAT) using radiofrequency current (RFC) were investigated in this report...
- Replication factor C from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcus abyssi does not need ATP hydrolysis for clamp-loading and contains a functionally conserved RFC PCNA-binding domainGhislaine Henneke
IFREMER, Laboratoire de Microbiologie et Biotechnologie des Extrêmophiles, DRV VP, BP 70, F 29280 Plouzane, France
J Mol Biol 323:795-810. 2002..Only two proteins homologous to subunits of eukaryotic replication factor C (RFC) have been detected in Pyrococcus abyssi (Pab). The genes encoding these two proteins are arranged in tandem...
- Comparison of hexaminolevulinate based flexible and rigid fluorescence cystoscopy with rigid white light cystoscopy in bladder cancer: results of a prospective Phase II studyJ Alfred Witjes
Department of Urology, University Medical Centre, St Radboud, Nijmegen, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur Urol 47:319-22. 2005Several studies have shown that rigid fluorescence cystoscopy (RFC) with hexaminolevulinate (HAL) is superior to standard rigid white light (RWLC) cystoscopy in diagnosing bladder tumours, with a clinically relevant impact on the patient'..
- Reduced folate carrier polymorphism (80A-->G) and neural tube defectsPatrizia De Marco
Laboratorio del Servizio di Neurochirugia, Istituto G Gaslini, Genova, Italy
Eur J Hum Genet 11:245-52. 2003Transport of folates in mammalian cells occurs by a carrier-mediated mechanism. The human folate carrier (RFC-1) gene has been isolated and characterized...
- Genetic variation of infant reduced folate carrier (A80G) and risk of orofacial and conotruncal heart defectsGary M Shaw
March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation, California Birth Defects Monitoring Program, Oakland, CA, USA
Am J Epidemiol 158:747-52. 2003..The authors focused on a gene involved in folate transport-reduced folate carrier-1 gene (RFC1)...
- Reduced folate carrier gene is a risk factor for neural tube defects in a Chinese populationLijun Pei
Institute of Reproductive and Child Health, Peking University Health Science Center, No 38 Xueyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100083, China
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 73:430-3. 2005..At present, the mechanism by which folic acid exerts its beneficial effect remains unknown. Folate transporter genes, including the reduced folate carrier gene (RFC1), have been proposed as NTD risk factors.
- No association between common polymorphisms in genes of folate and homocysteine metabolism and the risk of Down's syndrome among French mothersAbalo Chango
INSERM U 724, Laboratory of Nutritional Genomics, ISAB Agrohealth, 60026 Beauvais, France
Br J Nutr 94:166-9. 2005..synthase (MTR) 2756A > G, the cystathionine beta-synthase (CBS) 844Ins68 and the reduced folate carrier (RFC-1) 80G > A polymorphisms, contribute to the risk of trisomy 21...
- Folate gene polymorphisms and the risk of Down syndrome pregnancies in young Italian womenFabio Coppede
Department of Human and Environmental Sciences, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Am J Med Genet A 140:1083-91. 2006..The 80G>A polymorphism of the reduced folate carrier gene (RFC-1) has been recently demonstrated to affect plasma folate and homocysteine levels, alone or in combination with the ..
- Analysis of seven maternal polymorphisms of genes involved in homocysteine/folate metabolism and risk of Down syndrome offspringIris Scala
Department of Pediatrics, Federico II University of Naples, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Genet Med 8:409-16. 2006..Gene-gene/allele-allele interactions, haplotype analysis and the association with age at conception were also evaluated...
- Genetic polymorphisms involved in folate metabolism and elevated plasma concentrations of homocysteine: maternal risk factors for Down syndrome in BrazilJ M Biselli
Unidade de Pesquisa em Genética e Biologia Molecular, Faculdade de Medicina de Sao Jose do Rio Preto, Sao Jose do Rio Preto, SP, Brasil
Genet Mol Res 7:33-42. 2008..reductase (MTHFR) gene, A2756G in methionine synthase reductase (MTR) gene and A80G in reduced folate carrier 1 (RFC1) gene, and plasma homocysteine (Hcy), on the maternal risk for Down syndrome (DS)...
- A80G polymorphism of reduced folate carrier 1 (RFC1) and C776G polymorphism of transcobalamin 2 (TC2) genes in Down's syndrome etiologyJoice Matos Biselli
Genetics and Molecular Biology Research Unit, Department of Molecular Biology, Faculdade de Medicina de Sao Jose do Rio Preto, Sao Jose do Rio Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 126:329-32. 2008..This study therefore had the objective of investigating the A80G polymorphism of the reduced folate carrier 1 (RFC1) gene and the C776G polymorphism of the transcobalamin 2 (TC2) gene as maternal risk factors for DS among Brazilian ..
- Investigation of CBS, MTR, RFC-1 and TC polymorphisms as maternal risk factors for Down syndromeN Fintelman-Rodrigues
Departamento de Genetica, Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Dis Markers 26:155-61. 2009..We compared the frequency of CBS 844ins68, MTR 2756A>G, RFC-1 80G> A and TC 776C>G polymorphisms among 114 case mothers and 110 matched controls, in order to observe ..
- [Folate gene polymorphism and the risk of Down syndrome pregnancies in young Chinese women]Ya Ping Liao
Department of Cell Biology, Bengbu Medical College, Bengbu 233030, China
Yi Chuan 32:461-6. 2010..in methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR), methionine synthase reductase (MTRR), reduced folate carrier1 (RFC-1), methionine synthase (MTR) involved in folate metabolism and the risk of offsprings of young Chinese women with ..
- Maternal gene polymorphisms involved in folate metabolism as risk factors for Down syndrome offspring in Southern BrazilAna Paula Carneiro Brandalize
Departamento de Genetica, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brasil
Dis Markers 29:95-101. 2010..of maternal polymorphisms, as well as their risk genotypes combinations of MTR A2756G, MTRR A66G, CBS 844ins68, and RFC A80G, involved in folate/homocysteine metabolism, as possible risk factors for Down syndrome (DS) in Southern ..
- Maternal periconceptional vitamin use, genetic variation of infant reduced folate carrier (A80G), and risk of spina bifidaGary M Shaw
March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation, California Birth Defects Monitoring Program, Oakland, California 94606, USA
Am J Med Genet 108:1-6. 2002..We focused our studies on a candidate gene that is involved in folate transport, the reduced folate carrier 1 (RFC1)...
- Genetic variation of infant reduced folate carrier (A80G) and risk of orofacial defects and congenital heart defects in ChinaLijun Pei
Institute of Reproductive and Child Health, Peking University, China
Ann Epidemiol 16:352-6. 2006..to investigate whether the risks of congenital heart defects (CHD) and orofacial defects were influenced by a polymorphism of the offspring's RFC1 or by an interaction between the RFC1 gene and maternal periconceptional use of folic acid.
- A mutated murine reduced folate carrier (RFC1) with increased affinity for folic acid, decreased affinity for methotrexate, and an obligatory anion requirement for transport functionR Zhao
Departments of Medicine and Molecular Pharmacology, and the Albert Einstein Comprehensive Cancer Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 273:19065-71. 1998In an ongoing study of structure-function relationships of the murine reduced folate carrier 1 (RFC1), a glutamate to lysine mutation at amino acid 45 was identified in a methotrexate (MTX)-resistant L1210 clonal variant in which MTX and ..
- Site-specific contribution of proton-coupled folate transporter/haem carrier protein 1 in the intestinal absorption of methotrexate in ratsTomoharu Yokooji
Laboratory of Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hiroshima International University, Hiroshima, Japan
J Pharm Pharmacol 61:911-8. 2009..a substrate for proton-coupled folate transporter/haem carrier protein 1 (PCFT/HCP1) and reduced folate carrier 1 (RFC1)...
- Association of thymidylate synthase gene polymorphisms with stavudine triphosphate intracellular levels and lipodystrophyPere Domingo
Infectious Diseases Unit, Hospital de Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:1428-35. 2011..TS), methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR), dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR), reduced folate carrier 1 (RFC1; SLC19A1), and cyclin D1 (CCND1) genes were determined by direct sequencing using an ABI Prism 3100 genetic ..
- Health assessment of phosgene: approaches for derivation of reference concentrationJeffrey S Gift
National Center for Environmental Assessment, Office of Research and Development, United States Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, DC 20460, USA
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 51:98-107. 2008This paper describes the derivation of the chronic reference concentration (RfC) for human inhalation of phosgene that was recently added to the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) data base (..
- The gene cluster directing O-antigen biosynthesis in Yersinia enterocolitica serotype 0:8: identification of the genes for mannose and galactose biosynthesis and the gene for the O-antigen polymeraseL Zhang
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Turku, Finland
Microbiology 142:277-88. 1996..Deletion analysis generated a derivative that expressed semi-rough LPS, a phenotype typical of an rfc mutant lacking the O-antigen polymerase...
- Cellular pharmacology and in vivo activity of a new anticancer agent, ZD9331: a water-soluble, nonpolyglutamatable, quinazoline-based inhibitor of thymidylate synthaseA L Jackman
The Cancer Research Campaign Centre for Cancer Therapeutics at the Institute of Cancer Research, 15 Cotswold Road, Sutton, Surrey, SM2 5NG United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 3:911-21. 1997..synthase (TS) that are transported into cells via a saturable, carrier-mediated system (reduced folate carrier, or RFC) but are not substrates for folylpolyglutamate synthetase...
- [Primary study on establishment of namalwa 12/MTX resistant cell strain and its mechanism]Jing Chen
Shanghai Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Children s Medical Center, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai 200092, P R China
Ai Zheng 21:1335-40. 2002..However, there was few report about its drug resistance mechanism in lymphoma. This study was designed to establish Burkitt's lymphoma methotrexate resistant cell strain--Namlwa 12/MTX and study its resistant mechanism...
- Colorectal carcinomas with microsatellite instability display increased thymidylate synthase gene expression levelsElisabeth Odin
Department of General Surgery, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital Ostra, Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Colorectal Cancer 6:720-7. 2007..The gene expression levels of thymidylate synthase (TS), reduced folate carrier (RFC-1), folylpolyglutamate synthase (FPGS), and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) in mucosa and tumor were ..
- Effects from environmental Mn exposures: a review of the evidence from non-occupational exposure studiesH K Hudnell
U S Environmental Protection Agency, Neurotoxicology Division, Research Triangle Park, NC 27711, USA
Neurotoxicology 20:379-97. 1999..The stages are: 1) sources, 2) applied dose, 3) absorbed dose, 4) target-site dose, 5) toxic event, 6) measurable change, and 7) health outcome...
- Estimation of interindividual pharmacokinetic variability factor for inhaled volatile organic chemicals using a probability-bounds approachAndy Nong
Groupe deRecherche Interdisciplinaire en Santé and Groupe de Recherche en Toxicologie Humaine TOXHUM, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Que, Canada
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 48:93-101. 2007..Since the RfC derivation considers continuous lifetime human exposure to VOCs in the environment, algorithms to compute steady-..
- Modifications of the immune response induced by Histoplasma capsulatum productsB H Ruiz
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico
Mycopathologia 109:1-9. 1990..Variation of the response with time was determined by counting the number of rosette forming cells (RFC) to SRBC every two days for a total of 21 days...
- Distribution of the rol gene encoding the regulator of lipopolysaccharide O-chain length in Escherichia coli and its influence on the expression of group I capsular K antigensC Dodgson
Department of Microbiology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
J Bacteriol 178:1895-902. 1996..Rol interacts with one or more components of Rfc-dependent O-antigen biosynthetic complexes to regulate the chain length of lipopolysaccharide O antigens...
- Complete in vitro reconstitution of adeno-associated virus DNA replication requires the minichromosome maintenance complex proteinsKevin Nash
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Florida, 1376 Mowry Rd, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
J Virol 82:1458-64. 2008..Fractionation of these crude extracts identified replication factor C (RFC), proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA), and polymerase delta as cellular enzymes that were essential for AAV ..
- Purification of host cell enzymes involved in adeno-associated virus DNA replicationKevin Nash
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Florida, 1376 Mowry Rd, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
J Virol 81:5777-87. 2007..Fractions that contained replication factor C (RFC) and proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) were found to be essential for reconstituting AAV DNA replication...
- Endotoxin exposure and inflammation markers among agricultural workers in Colorado and NebraskaJames B Burch
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Cancer Prevention and Control Program, and Center for Colon Cancer Research, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 73:5-22. 2010..over one work shift to quantify inhalable dust (Institute of Medicine samplers), endotoxin (recombinant factor C [rFC] assay), and 3-OHFA (gas chromatography/mass spectrometry)...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of the rfc gene of Pseudomonas aeruginosa (serotype O5)T R De Kievit
Canadian Bacterial Disease Network, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Mol Microbiol 16:565-74. 1995..mutants, AK14O1 and rd7513, resulted in O-antigen expression, indicating that pFV100 may contain an O-polymerase (rfc) gene. pFV.TK6, a subclone of pFV100 that contains a 5...
- Structural analysis of the human RFC-1 gene encoding a folate transporter reveals multiple promoters and alternatively spliced transcripts with 5' end heterogeneityB Tolner
Program in Molecular Pharmacology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Gene 211:331-41. 1998The organization and structure of the human RFC-1 gene encoding a folate transporter were determined. The RFC-1 gene spans 22...
- Reduced folate carrier transports thiamine monophosphate: an alternative route for thiamine delivery into mammalian cellsRongbao Zhao
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 282:C1512-7. 2002Although the reduced folate carrier RFC1 and the thiamine transporters THTR-1 and THTR-2 share approximately 40% of their identity in protein sequence, RFC1 does not transport thiamine and THTR-1 and THTR-2 do not transport folates...
- Physical interaction between proliferating cell nuclear antigen and replication factor C from Pyrococcus furiosusShigeki Matsumiya
Department of Structural Biology, Biomolecular Engineering Research Institute, 6 2 3, Furuedai, Suita, Osaka 565 0874, Japan
Genes Cells 7:911-22. 2002..This allowed us to examine its interaction with the loading factor at the atomic level...
- Large tip electrodes for successful elimination of atrial flutter resistant to conventional catheter ablationRodolfo Ventura
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 8:149-54. 2003The most widely accepted criterion for successful radiofrequency catheter (RFC) ablation of typical atrial flutter is the development of bi-directional isthmus block...
- Metabolism-blocked antifolates as potential anti-rheumatoid arthritis agents: 4-amino-4-deoxy-5,8,10-trideazapteroyl-d,l-4'-methyleneglutamic acid (CH-1504) and its analogsJohn J McGuire
Grace Cancer Drug Center, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, United States
Biochem Pharmacol 77:1161-72. 2009..5.1.3) as their locus of action and transport by the reduced folate carrier (RFC; SLC19A1), but their lack of metabolism by known pathways of antifolate (e.g., methotrexate (MTX)) metabolism...
- Analysis of the role of PCNA-DNA contacts during clamp loadingRandall McNally
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Department of Chemistry, California Institute for Quantitative Biosciences QB3, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
BMC Struct Biol 10:3. 2010..In an ATP-dependent reaction, clamp loader complexes, such as the Replication Factor-C (RFC) complex in eukaryotes, open the clamp and load it around primer-template DNA.
- Sequence alterations in the reduced folate carrier are observed in osteosarcoma tumor samplesRui Yang
Department of Pediatrics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:837-44. 2003..Its effectiveness may be limited by intrinsic and acquired resistance. Decreased reduced folate carrier (RFC) expression has been shown in approximately half of osteosarcomas at diagnosis...
- Molecular cloning and tissue distribution of reduced folate carrier and effect of dietary folate supplementation on the expression of reduced folate carrier in laying hensM Jing
Department of Animal Science, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Poult Sci 88:1939-47. 2009The reduced folate carrier (RFC) has been postulated to be a major entity for folate transport activity in humans and other mammals. However, there are limited reports of the importance of RFC in an avian system...
- Application of a physiologically based pharmacokinetic model for reference dose and reference concentration estimation for acetoneP Robinan Gentry
ENVIRON International Corporation, Ruston, Louisiana 71270, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 66:2209-25. 2003..in subchronic and developmental toxicity studies to estimate an RfD and an inhalation reference concentration (RfC) for acetone. Specifically, this approach examined the subchronic study by Dietz et al...
- Assessing dangerous climate change through an update of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) "reasons for concern"Joel B Smith
Stratus Consulting, Inc, Boulder, CO 80306 4059, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:4133-7. 2009..Relationships between various impacts reflected in each RFC and increases in global mean temperature (GMT) were portrayed in what has come to be called the "burning embers ..
- Molecular modeling-based analysis of interactions in the RFC-dependent clamp-loading processCeslovas Venclovas
Computational and Systems Biology Division, Biology and Biotechnology Research Program, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, California 94550, USA
Protein Sci 11:2403-16. 2002..with known structural, biochemical, and genetic data, we propose detailed models of how two of the RFC subunits, RFC1 and RFC3, interact with the C-terminal regions of PCNA...
- A humanized mouse model for the reduced folate carrierDavid Patterson
Eleanor Roosevelt Institute, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Denver, 1899 Gaylord Street, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Mol Genet Metab 93:95-103. 2008The ubiquitously expressed reduced folate carrier (RFC) or SLC19A1 is recognized to be an essential transport system for folates in mammalian cells and tissues...
- Identification of the O antigen polymerase (rfc) gene in Escherichia coli O4 by insertional mutagenesis using a nonpolar chloramphenicol resistance cassetteS Lukomski
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Bacteriol 178:240-7. 1996..O antigen polymerase, which is encoded by the rfc gene, is a potential membrane protein and therefore should be hydrophobic...
- Biochemical analysis of replication factor C from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcus furiosusI K Cann
Department of Molecular Biology, Biomolecular Engineering Research Institute, 6 2 3 Furuedai, Suita, Osaka 565 0874, Japan
J Bacteriol 183:2614-23. 2001Replication factor C (RFC) and proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) are accessory proteins essential for processive DNA synthesis in the domain Eucarya...
- Three-dimensional electron microscopy of the clamp loader small subunit from Pyrococcus furiosusK Mayanagi
Biomolecular Engineering Research Institute BERI, 6 2 3 Furuedai, Suita City, 565 0874, Japan
J Struct Biol 134:35-45. 2001An archaeal clamp loader, replication factor C (RFC), consists of two proteins, the small subunit (RFCS) and large subunit (RFCL), whose sequences are both highly homologous to those of the eukaryotic RFC components...
- Elg1 forms an alternative PCNA-interacting RFC complex required to maintain genome stabilityPamela Kanellis
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5, Canada
Curr Biol 13:1583-95. 2003..Genome instability is a hallmark of cancer and plays a critical role in generating the myriad of phenotypes selected for during tumor progression. However, the mechanisms that prevent genome rearrangements remain poorly understood...
- Low expression of reduced folate carrier-1 and folylpolyglutamate synthase correlates with lack of a deleted in colorectal carcinoma mRNA splice variant in normal-appearing mucosa of colorectal carcinoma patientsYvonne Wettergren
Department of General Surgery, Sahlgrenska University Hospital Ostra, Goteborg University, S 416 85 Goteborg, Sweden
Cancer Detect Prev 29:348-55. 2005..The purpose of this study was to analyze if the folate level and the gene expression levels of reduced folate carrier (RFC-1) and folylpolyglutamate synthase (FPGS) had impact on the expression of DCC splice variants.
- Identification of the critical region in replication factor C from Pyrococcus furiosus for the stable complex formation with proliferating cell nuclear antigen and DNAHirokazu Nishida
Department of Structural Biology, Biomolecular Engineering Research Institute, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Genes Genet Syst 80:83-93. 2005Replication factor C (RFC) and proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) are accessory proteins essential for processive DNA synthesis...
- Interplay between primase and replication factor C in the hyperthermophilic archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricusKangyun Wu
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Resources, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, China
Mol Microbiol 63:826-37. 2007..Here we show that the small subunit of the clamp loader replication factor C (RFC) of S...
- Reduced folate carrier 1 (RFC1) is associated with cleft of the lip onlyA R Vieira
Department of Oral Biology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, 3501 Terrace Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Braz J Med Biol Res 41:689-93. 2008..Therefore, we tested if markers in MTHFR (5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase) and RFC1 (reduced folate carrier 1) were associated with oral clefts, depending on the maternal origin defined by the ..
- Measuring residual functional capacity in chronic low back pain patients based on the Dictionary of Occupational TitlesD A Fishbain
Department of Psychiatry, University of Miami, School of Medicine Comprehensive Pain and Rehabilitation Center, South Shore Hospital, Florida
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 19:872-80. 1994..OBJECTIVES. Such a battery can be used to measure residual functional capacity (RFC) in chronic pain patients (CPP) and results can be matched against the demand minimum functional capacities (DMFC) ..
- Organization, structure and alternate splicing of the murine RFC-1 gene encoding a folate transporterB Tolner
Laboratory for Molecular Therapeutics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Gene 189:1-7. 1997The structural organization of the murine RFC-1 gene encoding a folate transporter has been determined...
- The effect of side-chain, para-aminobenzoyl region, and B-ring modifications on dihydrofolate reductase binding, influx via the reduced folate carrier, and cytotoxicity of the potent nonpolyglutamatable antifolate N(alpha)-(4-amino-4-deoxypteroyl)-N(deltaA Rosowsky
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA, USA
Pharmacol Ther 85:191-205. 2000..dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) inhibitor and is efficiently taken up into cells via the reduced folate carrier (RFC)...
- Biochemical characterisation of the clamp/clamp loader proteins from the euryarchaeon Archaeoglobus fulgidusAnja Seybert
Molecular Enzymology Laboratory, London Research Institute, Clare Hall Laboratories, Cancer Research UK
Nucleic Acids Res 30:4329-38. 2002..processivity using ring-shaped DNA sliding clamps that are loaded onto DNA by clamp loaders [replication factor C (RFC) in eukaryotes]...
- Placental folate transport during pregnancySatoru Yasuda
Laboratory of Clinical Pharmaceutics and Therapeutics, Division of Pharmascience, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 72:2277-84. 2008..We found that folate receptor alpha (FRalpha) and reduced folate carrier (RFC) localized on the apical side of human placental villi...
- 5-amino-4-imidazolecarboxamide riboside potentiates both transport of reduced folates and antifolates by the human reduced folate carrier and their subsequent metabolismJohn J McGuire
Grace Cancer Drug Center, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Cancer Res 66:3836-44. 2006..transporter with the widest tissue distribution and greatest activity is the reduced folate carrier (RFC). There is little evidence that RFC-mediated influx is posttranscriptionally regulated...
- Reduced folate carrier protein expression in osteosarcoma: implications for the prediction of tumor chemosensitivityIlan Ifergan
Department of Biology, The Technion, Haifa, Israel
Cancer 98:1958-66. 2003..Although MTX uptake proceeds primarily through the reduced folate carrier (RFC) protein and efflux occurs via multidrug resistance protein 1 (MRP1), RFC protein expression in osteosarcoma ..
- Sulfasalazine is a potent inhibitor of the reduced folate carrier: implications for combination therapies with methotrexate in rheumatoid arthritisGerrit Jansen
Department of Rheumatology, Vrije Universiteit Medisch Centrum, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 50:2130-9. 2004To investigate whether interactions of sulfasalazine (SSZ) with reduced folate carrier (RFC), the dominant cell membrane transporter for natural folates and methotrexate (MTX), may limit the efficacy of combination therapy with MTX and ..
- Pattern of isthmus conduction recovery using open cooled and solid large-tip catheters for radiofrequency ablation of typical atrial flutterRodolfo Ventura
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 15:1126-30. 2004Open cooled-tip and solid 8-mm-tip catheters have demonstrated safety and effectiveness for radiofrequency current (RFC) ablation of typical atrial flutter (AFL)...
- Renal frame count and renal blush grade: quantitative measures that predict the success of renal stenting in hypertensive patients with renal artery stenosisEhtisham Mahmud
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, California 92103 8784, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 1:286-92. 2008..This study sought to identify angiographic parameters of favorable clinical response to renal artery stenting...
- Fission yeast Rad17 associates with chromatin in response to aberrant genomic structuresM Kai
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5324, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:3289-301. 2001..Rad17 is able to complex in vivo with an Rfc small subunit, Rfc2, but not with Rfc1. Furthermore, cells with rfc1Delta are checkpoint proficient, suggesting that Rfc1 does not have a role in ..
- Purification and characterization of human DNA damage checkpoint Rad complexesL A Lindsey-Boltz
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:11236-41. 2001..Rad proteins, we purified a heteropentameric complex composed of hRad17-RFCp36-RFCp37-RFCp38-RFCp40 (hRad17-RFC) and a heterotrimeric complex composed of hRad9-hHus1-hRad1 (checkpoint 9-1-1 complex)...
- Extensive variation in the O-antigen gene cluster within one Salmonella enterica serogroup reveals an unexpected complex historyLei Wang
Department of Microbiology, The University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales 2006, Australia
J Bacteriol 184:1669-77. 2002..Two of the forms lacking a functional wzy(alpha(1-6)) gene have the wzy(alpha(1-2)) gene first described for strain LT2 as rfc, whereas for the third the wzy gene has not been located.
- Restoration of high-level transport activity by human reduced folate carrier/ThTr1 thiamine transporter chimaeras: role of the transmembrane domain 6/7 linker region in reduced folate carrier functionXiang Y Liu
Cancer Biology Graduate Program, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, 110 E Warren Avenue, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Biochem J 369:31-7. 2003The reduced folate carrier (RFC; SLC19A1) is closely related to the thiamine transporter, SLC19A2 (ThTr1)...
- Quantitative evaluation of the drug-drug interactions between methotrexate and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in the renal uptake process based on the contribution of organic anion transporters and reduced folate carrierYoshitane Nozaki
Department of Molecular Pharmacokinetics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku Tokyo, 13 0033 Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 309:226-34. 2004..MTX is recognized by reduced folate carrier (RFC-1) and rat organic anion transporters (rOat1 and rOat3) as a substrate...
- Identification of protein complexes required for efficient sister chromatid cohesionMelanie L Mayer
Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5Z 4H4
Mol Biol Cell 15:1736-45. 2004Ctf8p is a component of Ctf18-RFC, an alternative replication factor C-like complex required for efficient sister chromatid cohesion in Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Review and analysis of inhalation dosimetry methods for application to children's risk assessmentGary L Ginsberg
Connecticut Department of Public Health, Hartford, Connecticut 06134, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 68:573-615. 2005..S. Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA) 1994 reference concentration (RfC) methodology and the ICRP 1994 inhalation dosimetry model...
- The reduced folate carrier gene is a novel selectable marker for recombinant protein overexpressionLilah Rothem
Department of Biology, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 32000, Israel
Mol Pharmacol 68:616-24. 2005..and are therefore folate auxotrophs that take up folate vitamins primarily via the reduced folate carrier (RFC)...
- Evolutionary clues to eukaryotic DNA clamp-loading mechanisms: analysis of the functional constraints imposed on replication factor C AAA+ ATPasesAndrew F Neuwald
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, 1 Bungtown Road, PO Box 100, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 33:3614-28. 2005..In eukaryotes, sliding clamps are loaded onto DNA by the replication factor C (RFC) complex, which consists of five distinct subunits (A-E), each of which contains an AAA+ module composed of a RecA-..
- ATR pathway is the primary pathway for activating G2/M checkpoint induction after re-replicationJie Jessie Lin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 282:30357-62. 2007..re-replication has been detected is the ATR kinase and the Rad9-Rad1-Hus1 (9-1-1) clamp complex together with Rad17-RFC clamp loader. ATM kinase and the Mre11-Rad50-Nbs1 complex do not appear to play significant roles in the checkpoint...
- Recent advances in classical and non-classical antifolates as antitumor and antiopportunistic infection agents: part IAleem Gangjee
Division of Medicinal Chemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15282, USA
Anticancer Agents Med Chem 7:524-42. 2007..12)}, can passively diffuse into cells and hence do not have to depend on FPGS or the reduced folate carrier (RFC)...
- The reduced folate carrier (RFC) is cytotoxic to cells under conditions of severe folate deprivation. RFC as a double edged sword in folate homeostasisIlan Ifergan
The Fred Wyszkowski Cancer Research Laboratory, Department of Biology, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
J Biol Chem 283:20687-95. 2008The reduced folate carrier (RFC), a bidirectional anion transporter, is the major uptake route of reduced folates essential for a spectrum of biochemical reactions and thus cellular proliferation...
- Functional connectivity MR imaging reveals cortical functional connectivity in the developing brainW Lin
Department of Radiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 29:1883-9. 2008..This study aimed to determine the temporal and spatial patterns of rfc in healthy pediatric subjects between 2 weeks and 2 years of age.
- Five quantitative trait loci control radiation-induced adenoma multiplicity in Mom1R Apc Min/+ miceEiram Elahi
Colorectal Cancer Genetics, Institute for Cell and Molecular Sciences, Barts and The London, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 4:e4388. 2009..that are involved in spindle checkpoint and chromosomal stability (Bub1b, Casc5, and Bub1), DNA repair (Recc1 and Prkdc) or inflammation (Duox2, Itgb2l and Cxcl5)...
- Synthetic lethal genetic interactions that decrease somatic cell proliferation in Caenorhabditis elegans identify the alternative RFC CTF18 as a candidate cancer drug targetJessica McLellan
Department of Medical Genetics, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mol Biol Cell 20:5306-13. 2009..SL interactions between members of the cohesin complex and CTF4, RAD27, and components of the alternative RFC(CTF18) complex. The genetic interactions tested are highly conserved between S. cerevisiae and C...
- Elg1, an alternative subunit of the RFC clamp loader, preferentially interacts with SUMOylated PCNAOren Parnas
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Biotechnology, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Israel
EMBO J 29:2611-22. 2010Replication-factor C (RFC) is a protein complex that loads the processivity clamp PCNA onto DNA. Elg1 is a conserved protein with homology to the largest subunit of RFC, but its function remained enigmatic...
- Regulatory mechanisms of intestinal folate uptake in a rat model of folate oversupplementationSom Dev
Department of Biochemistry, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh 160 012, India
Br J Nutr 105:827-35. 2011..protein levels of major folate transporters, proton-coupled folate transporter (PCFT) and reduced folate carrier (RFC), without altering their mRNA levels...
- Reduced folate carrier and folylpolyglutamate synthetase, but not thymidylate synthase predict survival in pemetrexed-treated patients suffering from malignant pleural mesotheliomaFabian Mairinger
Department of Pathology and Neuropathology, University Hospital Essen, University of Duisberg Essen, Essen, Germany
J Thorac Oncol 8:644-53. 2013..of pemetrexed occurs by folylpolyglutamate synthetase (FPGS), intracellular transport by reduced folate carrier (RFC)...
- A prospective randomized single-center study on the risk of asymptomatic cerebral lesions comparing irrigated radiofrequency current ablation with the cryoballoon and the laser balloonBoris Schmidt
Cardioangiologisches Centrum Bethanien, Frankfurt M, Germany
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 24:869-74. 2013..We sought to compare the ACL incidence between 3 contemporary technologies: (1) irrigated radiofrequency current (RFC), (2) the single big cryoballoon (CB), and (3) the endoscopic laser-balloon (LB) in a prospective randomized pilot ..
- The mechanism of ORFH79 suppression with the artificial restorer fertility gene Mt-GRP162Jun Hu
State Key Laboratory of Hybrid Rice, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
New Phytol 199:52-8. 2013The restoration fertility complex (RFC) was previously identified in Honglian (HL)-cytoplasmic male sterility (CMS) rice (Oryza sativa), and glycine-rich protein 162 (GRP162) is responsible for binding to the CMS-associated transcript ..
- Association of SNPs in genes involved in folate metabolism with the risk of congenital heart diseaseBenjing Wang
Center for Reproduction and Genetics, Nanjing Medical University Affiliated Suzhou Hospital, Suzhou, Jiangsu Province 215002, China
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 26:1768-77. 2013..To investigate the association of 12 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in folate metabolic genes with congenital heart disease (CHD)...
- [Personalized drug therapy-directed clinical pharmacology research based on genetic polymorphisms and pharmacokinetics analysis]Hideki Hayashi
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Genetics, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka
Yakugaku Zasshi 133:1079-85. 2013..We found that the frequency of the RFC1 80A allele was higher in RA patients treated with MTX alone compared with patients who received biological disease-..
- A random forest classifier for lymph diseasesAhmad Taher Azar
Faculty of Computers and Information, Benha University, Egypt Electronic address
Comput Methods Programs Biomed 113:465-73. 2014..In this paper, a random forest classifier (RFC) approach is proposed to diagnose lymph diseases...
- Modulation of intestinal folate absorption by erythropoietin in vitroJunkai Yan
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Department of Biochemistry, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Handan Road 220, Shanghai, China
Mol Pharm 11:358-66. 2014..in a dose-dependent manner, which was companied with the significant up-regulation of reduced folate carrier (RFC) and apical proton coupled folate transporter (PCFT)...
- Association between reduced folate carrier G80A polymorphism and methotrexate toxicity in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a meta-analysisHai Rong He
Department of Pharmacy, the First Affiliated Hospital of Medical College, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, China
Leuk Lymphoma 55:2793-800. 2014..lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), and enters the cell via active transport mediated by the reduced folate carrier (RFC1)...
- Folate metabolism gene polymorphisms and risk for down syndrome offspring in Turkish womenOzlem Izci Ay
1 Department of Medical Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Mersin University, Mersin, Turkey
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 19:191-7. 2015..A1298C (rs1801131), methionine synthase reductase (MTRR) A66G (rs1801394), methylenetetrahydrofolate dehydrogenase (MTHFD1) G1958A (rs2236225), reduced folate carrier (RFC1) A80G (rs1051266), and cystathionine β-synthase (CBS) 844ins68.
- Assessing human variability in kinetics for exposures to multiple environmental chemicals: a physiologically based pharmacokinetic modeling case study with dichloromethane, benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, and m-xyleneMathieu Valcke
a Institut national de santé publique du Québec, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Toxicol Environ Health A 78:409-31. 2015..AD), neonates (NEO), toddlers (TODD), and pregnant women (PW) were used to simulate inhalation exposure to "low" (RfC-like) or "high" (AEGL-like) air concentrations of benzene (Bz) or dichloromethane (DCM), along with various levels ..
- MCM9 Is Required for Mammalian DNA Mismatch RepairSabine Traver
Laboratory of DNA Replication and Genome Dynamics, Institute of Human Genetics, CNRS, 141 rue de la Cardonille, 34396 Montpellier, France
Mol Cell 59:831-9. 2015..recombination, forms a complex with MMR initiation proteins (MSH2, MSH3, MLH1, PMS1, and the clamp loader RFC) and is essential for MMR. Mcm9-/- cells display microsatellite instability and MMR deficiency...
- ShRNA-mediated silencing of the RFC3 gene suppress ovarian tumor cells proliferationHuimin Shen
The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University Guangzhou, China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 8:8968-75. 2015Ovarian carcinoma is one of the most common and lethal malignancies in the world. Replication factor C (RFC) plays an important role in DNA replication, DNA damage repair, and checkpoint control during cell cycle progression in all ..
- Quantitative Imaging Assessment of an Alternative Approach to Surgical Mitral Valve Leaflet Resection: An Acute Porcine StudySteven M Boronyak
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Vanderbilt University, Room 9445D MRB IV Langford, 2213 Garland Avenue, Nashville, TN, 37232 0493, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 44:2240-50. 2016This study reports the initial in vivo use of a combined radiofrequency ablation and cryo-anchoring (RFC) catheter as an alternative to surgical mitral valve (MV) leaflet resection...
- Structural and Enzymatic Analysis of Tumor-Targeted Antifolates That Inhibit Glycinamide Ribonucleotide FormyltransferaseSiobhan M Deis
Division of Medicinal Chemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Duquesne University, 600 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15282, United States
Biochemistry 55:4574-82. 2016..have toxic side effects resulting, in part, from nonspecific cellular transport by the reduced folate carrier (RFC), a ubiquitously expressed facilitative transporter...
- Mechanistic target of rapamycin (mTOR) regulates trophoblast folate uptake by modulating the cell surface expression of FR-α and the RFCFredrick J Rosario
Division of Reproductive Sciences, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO, USA
Sci Rep 6:31705. 2016..mTORC1 or mTORC2 silencing markedly decreased the plasma membrane expression of FR-α and RFC transporter isoforms without affecting global protein expression...
- Novel roles of HP1a and Mcm10 in DNA replication, genome maintenance and photoreceptor cell differentiationNicole Vo
Department of Applied Biology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Kyoto, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res . 2016..Ligation Assay (PLA) demonstrated that HP1a is in close proximity to DNA replication proteins including Mcm10, RFC140 and DNA polymerase ϵ 255 kDa subunit in S-phase. This was further confirmed by co-immunoprecipitation assay...
- Partial Purification of a Megadalton DNA Replication Complex by Free Flow ElectrophoresisCaroline M Li
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Beckman Research Institute at City of Hope, Duarte, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0169259. 2016..I), DNA polymerase δ (Pol δ), DNA polymerase ɛ (Pol ɛ), replication protein A (RPA) and replication factor C (RFC)...
- Control of Genome Integrity by RFC Complexes; Conductors of PCNA Loading onto and Unloading from Chromatin during DNA ReplicationYasushi Shiomi
Graduate School of Life Science, University of Hyogo, Kamigori, Ako gun, Hyogo 678 1297, Japan
Genes (Basel) 8:. 2017..PCNA is loaded onto chromatin by PCNA-loading replication factor C (RFC) complexes. Both RFC1-RFC and Ctf18-RFC fundamentally function as PCNA loaders...
- BASC, a super complex of BRCA1-associated proteins involved in the recognition and repair of aberrant DNA structuresY Wang
Verna and Mars McLean Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Genes Dev 14:927-39. 2000..In addition, DNA replication factor C (RFC), a protein complex that facilitates the loading of PCNA onto DNA, is also part of BASC...
- Functional interaction of bZIP proteins and the large subunit of replication factor C in liver and adipose cellsS Hong
Hormone Research Center, Chonnam National University, Kwangju 500 757, Korea
J Biol Chem 276:28098-105. 2001..One of the strongest interactions was with RFC140, the large subunit of the replication factor C complex...
- Human mismatch repair: reconstitution of a nick-directed bidirectional reactionNicoleta Constantin
Department of Biochemistry, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 280:39752-61. 2005..MutLalpha, EXOI, replication protein A (RPA), proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA), replication factor C (RFC) and DNA polymerase delta...
- Derivation of a chronic reference dose and reference concentration for trimethylbenzenes and C9 aromatic hydrocarbon solventsMichael J Firth
ExxonMobil Biomedical Sciences, Inc, Toxicology and Environmental Science, 1545 Route 22 East, P O Box 971, Annandale, NJ 08801 0971, USA
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 52:248-56. 2008..inhalation studies were identified to serve as the basis for a Reference dose (RfD) and Reference concentrations (RfC). The RfD and RfC were derived using standard USEPA methods and assumptions. The RfD was calculated to be 0...
- Larry H Matherly; Fiscal Year: 2015..pemetrexate, raltitrexed and pralatrexate, are all transported by the ubiquitous, reduced folate carrier (RFC) into both tumor and normal host cells, and hence are nonselective for tumor cells and are consequently toxic...
- SHERMAINE KIMBERLY MITCHELL; Fiscal Year: 2014..The latter has been attributed to intracellular membrane transport of Pmx by Reduced Folate Carrier (RFC)...
- Larry H Matherly; Fiscal Year: 2015..is functionally and (to some degree) anatomically distinct from the ubiquitously expressed reduced folate carrier (RFC), the major tissue folate transporter...
- Alan E Tomkinson; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have shown that hLigI interacts with PCNA, a DNA sliding clamp, and RFC, the loader that loads PCNA onto DNA and, using cell-based assays, we have demonstrated that these interactions are ..
- PCNA clamp mechanisms in DNA replication and repairManju M Hingorani; Fiscal Year: 2010..The plan is to investigate the mechanism of action of S. cerevisiae Replication Factor C clamp loader (RFC), a multi-protein complex that binds PCNA and DNA and creates a topological link between the two in an ATP-..
- Dorothy A Erie; Fiscal Year: 2016..a nick, and it requires the exonuclease, Exo1 (although others may be involved), the clamp loader protein, RFC, and clamp protein, PCNA, DNA polymerase 6, in addition to MutS and MutL proteins, and repair is enhanced in the ..
- Arthur J Lustig; Fiscal Year: 2014..two proteins that act in the same pathway with mre11-A470T: the cell-cycle protein Clb2 and the telomere-specific RFC component, Ctf18...
- JENNIFER LYNN STRIPAY; Fiscal Year: 2015..Previous work  has identified a novel regulatory pathway (the redox/Fyn/c-Cbl (RFC)) pathway that is present in progenitor cells of the CNS, and appears to be dysregulated in GBM...
- Factors Regulating NE Transporter Localization in PFCSusan R Sesack; Fiscal Year: 2011The norepinephrine (NE) innervation to the prefrontal cortex (RFC) is involved in complex cognitive functioning, and pathologies in this system are implicated in mental health disorders including depression, post-traumatic stress ..
- Regulation of Adult Neurogenesis by MethamphetamineChitra D Mandyam; Fiscal Year: 2012..While the devastating effects of methamphetamine on the structure and function of the RFC and hippocampus are becoming very clear, very little information exists on the affects of methamphetamine on adult ..
- Transcriptional Role of BRCA1 in Breast CancerWen Hwa Lee; Fiscal Year: 2012..To elucidate regulatory modes of BRCA1-mediated, but ZBRK1 independent, transcriptional modulation of FGF2, RFC1, TIP30 and TFDP1;and Aim 3...
- PI and Wnt Signaling in Postmortem Brain of Biopolar and Schizophrenia SubjectsGhanshyam N Pandey; Fiscal Year: 2011..The two brain areas often implicated in these disorders are the prefrontal cortex (RFC) and the cingulate cortex...
- Heavy Metal and Drug Self-Administration: MechanismsPAUL JEFFERSON WELLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..of drug challenges, 2) using standard radiobinding assays, binding of DA and Glu in the NAc and prefrontal cortex (RFC) will be examined for animals developmentally exposed to lead, 3) and, employing in situ hybridization techniques, ..
- Schizophrenia and Endocannabinoid Effects on Inhibitory CircuitryDavid W Volk; Fiscal Year: 2013..Interestingly, deficits in RFC GABA neurons may lead to cognitive problems in schizophrenia, and cannabis reduces GABA signaling by activating the ..
- DA-GABA modulation of cortical ACh releaseJohn P Bruno; Fiscal Year: 2010..injections, and operant behavior to reveal the coordinated neurochemical activity within the prefrontal cortex (RFC), NAC, and basal forebrain (BF) of the same animal...
- Folate, Vitamin D and Calcium in Colorectal CancerRobert Haile; Fiscal Year: 2009..adenosine deaminase), methionine adenosyl transferase 2A (MAT2A), folate receptor (FOLR1), reduced folate carrier (RFC1 or SLC19A1), S-adenosylmethionine decarboxylase (AMD1), gastric instrinsic factor (GIF), transcobalamin II (TCII), ..
- NEUROCHEMICAL EFFECTS OF ANTIPSYCHOTIC DRUGSBita Moghaddam; Fiscal Year: 2012..role of glutamatergic neurotransmission,in particular that ofjgiutamatergic efferents rom the prefrontal cortex (RFC), in the functional abnormalities that may be elated to schizophrenia...
- RADIOPAQUE FLUOROCARBON IN DIAGNOSTIC RADIOLOGYDavid Long; Fiscal Year: 1980Radiopaque fluorocarbons (RFC) are new compounds in diagnostic radiology, and these compounds have unique and valuable characteristics that are not shared with other radiologic contrast agents...
- Prefrontal and temporal lobe mechanisms of declarative memoryScott L Brincat; Fiscal Year: 2010..correlated memory impairment and neurological dysfunction in the medial temporal lobe (MIL) and prefrontal cortex (RFC). Studies of focal brain damage suggest these two structures play distinct, specific roles in memory...
- Mechanism of PCNA-dependent 5'->3' Mismatch ExcisionGuo Min Li; Fiscal Year: 2010..and involves at least nine proteins, which are MutS alpha, MutS beta, MutL alpha, EXO1, polymerase delta, PCNA, RFC, RPA, and HMGB1...
- RADIATION MUTAGENESIS AND REPAIR IN SACCHAROMYCESChristopher Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 1999..In addition, the effects of other proteins, such as RFA, PCNA, and RFC, on translesion DNA synthesis will be examined. Fractionated cell extracts may also be tried...
- NUTRITIONAL AND BIOCHEMICAL/GENETIC MARKERS OF CANCERJing Ma; Fiscal Year: 2007..in adipocyte differentiation), VDR (FokI), IL-6, methionine syntheses reductase (MTRR), and reduced folate carrier (RFC-1)...
- Physiological, neural and cognitive bases of age-related working memory changeBART P RYPMA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Second, I will implement event-related fMRI procedures to test the hypothesis that dorsal prefrontal cortex (RFC) regions (that may underlie WM executive functions) are disproportionately age affected, compared to other, more ..
- Structure Studies of Processive DNA ReplicationJohn Kuriyan; Fiscal Year: 2010..tethers the core to DMA, and a heteropentameric ATP- dependent clamp loader complex (gamma complex in bacteria, RFC in eukaryotes) that loads the clamps onto DNA and coordinates the efficient replication of both the leading and the ..
- REPAIR OF DNA DAMAGED BY UV IRRADIATION IN YEASTLouise Prakash; Fiscal Year: 2003..will be reconstituted with highly purified components, and the role of Rev1 and other proteins such as PCNA and RFC in this process will be analyzed...
- MOLECULAR STUDIES OF FOLATE HOMEOSTASISCharles Halsted; Fiscal Year: 2000..hydrolase (BBFH) and the liver and kidney membrane folate binding protein (FBP) and reduced folate carrier (RFC); 2) to use human tissues to evaluate the relevance of the pig as a model for human folate homeostasis; and 3) ..
- fMRI Studies of Working Memory and MotivationMARK D ESPOSITO; Fiscal Year: 2007..Reward representation and working memory are key functions of the prefrontal cortex (RFC), but their interactions are not well understood at the neural systems level...
- Prefrontal cortex and memory storagePramod K Dash; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our preliminary data show that in addition to the hippocampus, the medial RFC is involved in long-term memory storage for trace fear conditioning, a hippocampal-dependent associative learning ..
- DNA REPAIR AND ITS RELATIONSHIP TO CARCINOGENESISErrol Friedberg; Fiscal Year: 2001..factors participate in NER and to establish the role(s) of DNA replication accessory proteins such as RFA, RFC and PCNA in NER in yeast...
- Use of PFCs to Improve O2 Transport In Liver SystemsROBIN COGER; Fiscal Year: 2007..the relationship between the level of O2 supplied and the efficiency in which it is used by the cells when RFC-supplemented media is used as the O2 source...
- Frontal function in Adolescent Cannabis Use DisordersMICHAEL DE BELLIS; Fiscal Year: 2009..neuropsychological battery and a functional MRI (fMRI) scan aimed at measuring subdivisions of prefrontal cortex (RFC) involved in decision-making and reward...
- Biochemical Analysis of the BRCA1 Protein ComplexJun Qin; Fiscal Year: 2007..The specific aims are (1) To test the hypothesis that RFC and/or BLM within the BASC function upstream in the response to DNA replication stress, (2) To purify BRCA1 ..
- Vulnerability to Addiction: A Role for 5-HT2C Receptor Editing and ExpressionStella Dracheva; Fiscal Year: 2007..in order to relate 5-HT2CR mRNA editing and expression in the ventral tegmental area (VTA) and prefrontal cortex (RFC) to vulnerability to drug abuse...
- MOLECULAR DISSECTION OF YEAST NUCLEOTIDE EXCISION REPAIRZhigang Wang; Fiscal Year: 2006..proteins and protein factors: Rad1, Rad2, Rad4, Rad7, Rad10, Rad14, Rad16, Rad23, Mms19, TFIIH, RPA, PCNA, RFC, DNA polymerases delta and epsilon, and DNA ligase I...
- AUTORECOGNITION AND IMMUNOREACTIVITYJAMES SCHEFFEL; Fiscal Year: 1980..research seeks to determine the immunological significance of autologous erythrocyte rosette-forming cells (A-RFC)...
- DNA REPLICAION, DNA REPAIR, AND THE CELL CYCLE IN YEASTMICHAEL MC ALEAR; Fiscal Year: 2000..I have characterized the phenotypes of yeast cells bearing mutations in the genes that encode subunits of RFC and PCNA...
- Comparison of Frontal Cortex and Striatum during Visual CategorizationJASON ANDREW CROMER; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Normal cognition depends on interactions between the prefrontal cortex (RFC) and basal ganglia (BG)...
- MECHANISM OF HUMAN DNA POLYMERASE DELTA, RF-C AND PCNAMICHAEL O DONNELL; Fiscal Year: 1999..The "PCNA clamp" does not assemble onto DNA by itself, it requires the matchmaking activity of the RFC complex...
- Effects of repeated cocaine administration in activity of cortical interneurons.Antonieta Lavin; Fiscal Year: 2007..studies in humans and animals have implicated additional brain areas, particularly the prefrontal cortex (RFC)...
- Structure-Function Analysis of Rad17EDGARDO PARRILLA CASTELLAR; Fiscal Year: 2003..Sequence alignments indicate that Rad17 shares homology with the RFC subunits. Moreover, Rad17 interacts with the small RFC subunits into an independent complex (Rad17-RFC)...
- Studies of Hierarchic Organization in Prefrontal CortexDavid Badre; Fiscal Year: 2007..The research proposed here seeks to test two related hypotheses regarding the organization of RFC control processes...
- Age-related Prefrontal Compensation in Long-term MemoryAngela Gutchess; Fiscal Year: 2007This proposal investigates the mechanisms through which additional prefrontal (RFC) activity compensates for medial temporal (MTL) declines in long-term memory with age...
- Studies on the Checkpoint Regulation of DNA SynthesisJerard Hurwitz; Fiscal Year: 2005..We plan to examine: 1) the role of the newly discovered Rad17p complexed to the small RFC subunit 2, 3, 4 and 5 and its interaction with the Rad family of gene Products HUS1, Rad1 and Rad9; 2) the ..
- Crystallographic Investigations of Replication Factor CGREGORY BOWMAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..cerevisiae, Replication Factor C (RFC), in the 'open' (ATP-bound) and "closed' (no nucleotide) conformations, and 2) crystal structure determination of a ..
- STUDIES OF THE NUCLEOTIDE EXCISION REPAIR PROTEIN XPCMARK BRANUM; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proteins involved in this system are XPC-HR23B, XPA, RPA, TFIIH, XPG, XPF-ERCC1, RFC, PCNA, Pol epsilon or delta and DNA Ligase I...
- LIPOPHILIC ANTIFOLATES AND AIDS OPPORTUNISTIC INFECTIONSAndre Rosowsky; Fiscal Year: 2004..Analogs of PT653 with a COOH, NH2, or OH group on the tricyclic moiety, and prodrugs thereof, will be made with the goal of improving aqueous solubility without sacrificing potency or selectivity. ..
- Enhancement of methotrexate uptake in childhood ALLJohn McGuire; Fiscal Year: 2009..MTX polyglutamates primarily via a previously undiscovered enhancement in activity of the reduced folate carrier (RFC), which also transports MTX...
- STRUCTURE BASED ANALOGS AS ANTIOPPORTUNISTIC AGENTSAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2001..The analogues synthesized will also be submitted for screening against tuberculosis (NIAID) parasitic diseases (WHO) and tumor cells in culture (NCI). ..
- FOLYLPOLYGLUTAMATE SYNTHETASE IN CANCER CHEMOTHERAPYJohn McGuire; Fiscal Year: 2003..This may explain why high-level resistance to pulse MTX can occur in the absence of a large decrease in total FPGS activity or a rise in glutamyl hydrolase activity. ..
- ETHANOL, RETINOIDS, AND CONGENITAL HEART MALFORMATIONSJanee Gelineau van Waes; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- NOVEL APPROACHES TO ANTIFOLATE CHEMOTHERAPYAndre Rosowsky; Fiscal Year: 2003..The focus will be on enhancing polyglutamation of the lead compound dmAMT by modification of the B-ring and/or pABA moiety. ..
- Alpha Folate Receptor Mediated GARFTase Inhibitors as Selective Antitumor AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010..The design of a cytotoxic agent that itself selectively targets the FR-alpha and is not appreciably taken up by the RFC would afford highly selective agents against FR-alpha expressing tumors without serious toxicity...
- Third Generation Antiopportunistic AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2003..Screening against tuberculosis (NIAID) and tumor cells in culture (NCI) is also proposed. ..
- Metabolic Biomarkers of Autism: Predictive Potential and Genetic SusceptibilitySANDRA JILL JAMES; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Single Agents with Designed Combination Chemotherapy PotentialAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- NOVEL NONINDUCIBLE THYMIDYLATE SYNTHASE INHIBITORSAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Antitumor Antimitotics That Reverse Tumor ResistanceAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010..The study will also further define the mechanism of action of the novel series and could afford agents for clinical use. ..
- Novel Single, Dual and Multitargeted Inhibitors of RTKsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Novel, P. jirovecii Specific Antipneumocystis AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2009..These agents could be used alone or in combination to treat PCP thus providing novel agents against a new target. ..
- NSAID and COX/PG Metabolism and Colorectal CancerCornelia Ulrich; Fiscal Year: 2009..Ultimately, such information on the metabolic variation will be useful in optimizing NSAIDs and NSAID regimens and will allow individual tailoring of chemoprevention. ..
- 3 Tesla Magnetic Resonance Imaging ScannerWeili Lin; Fiscal Year: 2003..Overall, the presence of the 3T MR scanner is likely to have profound implications for biomedical research at UNC-Chapel Hill. ..
- A randomized trial of influenza vaccination of Hutterite childrenMark Loeb; Fiscal Year: 2006..We believe that the trial we propose will lead to important data that can inform policy on influenza immunization strategy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..