Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: S100A2
Description: S100 calcium binding protein A2
Alias: CAN19, S100L, protein S100-A2
Publications135 found, 100 shown here
- Differential responses of S100A2 to oxidative stress and increased intracellular calcium in normal, immortalized, and malignant human keratinocytesTong Zhang
Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
J Invest Dermatol 119:1196-201. 2002b>S100A2 is a calmodulin-like, p53-inducible, homodimeric protein that is readily oxidized in keratinocytes subjected to oxidative stress...
- Repression of the candidate tumor suppressor gene S100A2 in breast cancer is mediated by site-specific hypermethylationR Wicki
Department of Pediatrics, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Cell Calcium 22:243-54. 1997The calcium-binding protein S100A2 is expressed in normal breast tissue but downregulated during breast cancer progression. Hence it was previously identified as a candidate tumor suppressor gene...
- Binding of Ca2+ and Zn2+ to human nuclear S100A2 and mutant proteinsC Franz
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Clinical Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Zurich, CH 8032 Zurich, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 273:18826-34. 1998The Ca2+-binding protein S100A2 is an unusual member of the S100 family, characterized by its nuclear localization and down-regulated expression in tumorigenic cells...
- Subcellular distribution of S100 proteins in tumor cells and their relocation in response to calcium activationA Mueller
Department of Pediatrics, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Histochem Cell Biol 111:453-9. 1999..The present work demonstrates a distinct intracellular localization of S100A6, S100A4, and S100A2 in two tumor cell lines derived from metastatic epithelial breast adenocarcinoma (MDA-MB231) and cervical ..
- The calcium-binding protein S100A2 interacts with p53 and modulates its transcriptional activityAndrea Mueller
Division of Clinical Chemistry and Biochemistry, Department of Pediatrics, Steinwiesstrasse 75, 8032 Zurich
J Biol Chem 280:29186-93. 2005Head and neck squamous cell carcinoma express high levels of the EF-hand calcium-binding protein S100A2 in contrast to other tumorigenic tissues and cell lines where the expression of this protein is reduced...
- S100A2 gene is a direct transcriptional target of p53 homologues during keratinocyte differentiationE Lapi
Department of Experimental Oncology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Oncogene 25:3628-37. 2006..Indeed, both p73- and p63-deficient mice exhibit severe developmental defects. Here, we show that S100A2 gene, whose transcript and protein are induced during keratinocyte differentiation of HaCaT cells, is a direct ..
- Down-regulation of S100A2 in lymph node metastases of head and neck cancerXin Zhang
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Head Neck 29:236-43. 2007Our cDNA microarray analysis of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN) previously identified that S100A2 was down-regulated in highly metastatic 686LN-M3s cell lines established through in vivo selection using a metastatic ..
- Transcriptional activation of the tumor suppressor and differentiation gene S100A2 by a novel p63-binding siteRalf D Kirschner
Interdisziplinares Zentrum fur Klinische Forschung IZKF, Frauenklinik, Medizinische Fakultat, Universitat Leipzig, Semmelweisstrasse, 14, D 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 36:2969-80. 2008b>S100A2 is generally found expressed in the epidermis and was recently shown to play a crucial role in the differentiation of keratinocytes. Also known as CaN19, S100A2 was identified as a potential tumor suppressor...
- Interactions of S100A2 and S100A6 with the tetratricopeptide repeat proteins, Hsp90/Hsp70-organizing protein and kinesin light chainSeiko Shimamoto
Department of Signal Transduction Sciences, Kagawa University Faculty of Medicine, 1750 1 Ikenobe, Kita gun, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:28246-58. 2008b>S100A2 and S100A6 interact with several target proteins in a Ca2+-regulated manner. However, the exact intracellular roles of the S100 proteins are unclear...
- S100 proteins regulate the interaction of Hsp90 with Cyclophilin 40 and FKBP52 through their tetratricopeptide repeatsSeiko Shimamoto
Department of Signal Transduction Sciences, Kagawa University Faculty of Medicine, Kita gun, Kagawa, Japan
FEBS Lett 584:1119-25. 2010..Using glutathione-S transferase pull-down assays and immunoprecipitation, we have demonstrated that S100A1 and S100A2 specifically interact with the TPR domains of FKBP52 and CyP40 in a Ca(2+)-dependent manner, and lead to ..
- Ca2+/S100 proteins act as upstream regulators of the chaperone-associated ubiquitin ligase CHIP (C terminus of Hsc70-interacting protein)Seiko Shimamoto
Department of Signal Transduction Sciences, Kagawa University Faculty of Medicine, 1750 1 Ikenobe, Miki cho, Kita gun, Kagawa, Japan
J Biol Chem 288:7158-68. 2013..GST pulldown assays indicated that Ca(2+)/S100A2 and S100P bind to the TPR domain and lead to interference with the interactions of CHIP with Hsp70, Hsp90, HSF1, ..
- Immunohistochemical localization of the Ca2+ binding S100 proteins in normal human skin and melanocytic lesionsR Boni
Department of Dermatology, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Br J Dermatol 137:39-43. 1997The purpose of this study was to evaluate the expression of the Ca(2+)-binding S100 proteins S100A1, S100A2, S100A3, S100A4, S100A6 and S100B in normal skin...
- Biochemical characterization of S100A2 in human keratinocytes: subcellular localization, dimerization, and oxidative cross-linkingR Deshpande
Departments of Dermatology and Radiation Oncology Cancer Biology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Invest Dermatol 115:477-85. 2000b>S100A2 is a calmodulin-like protein of unknown function, whose transcription is positively regulated in response to ErbB and p53 signaling...
- Identification of S100A2 as a target of the DeltaNp63 oncogenic pathwayKenji Hibi
Gastroenterological Surgery, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8560, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 9:4282-5. 2003..To gain additional insight into this pathway, we examined global patterns of gene expression in cancer cells after DeltaNp63 gene introduction using the oligonucleotide microarray approach...
- Down-regulation of a member of the S100 gene family in mammary carcinoma cells and reexpression by azadeoxycytidine treatmentS W Lee
Division of Cancer Genetics, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:2504-8. 1992A cDNA clone, designated CaN19 (originally called clone 19), isolated by subtractive hybridization, contains sequences that are preferentially expressed in normal mammary epithelial cells but not in breast tumor cells...
- Posttranslational modifications affect the interaction of S100 proteins with tumor suppressor p53Jan van Dieck
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology and MRC Center for Protein Engineering, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QH, UK
J Mol Biol 394:922-30. 2009..Here, we found that S100A1, S100A2, S100A4, S100A6, and S100B bound to two subdomains of the TAD (TAD1 and TAD2)...
- Isolation of a new member of the S100 protein family: amino acid sequence, tissue, and subcellular distributionJ R Glenney
Molecular Biology and Virology Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, San Diego, California 92138
J Cell Biol 108:569-78. 1989A low molecular mass protein which we term S100L was isolated from bovine lung...
- Expression analysis of S100 proteins and RAGE in human tumors using tissue microarraysHsiao Ling Hsieh
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Clinical Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 307:375-81. 2003..The results validated the expression of S100A4, S100A6, and S100B in specific tumor types. A significant S100A2 expression was observed in lymphoma biopsies, which implies a possible link between this S100 protein and lymphoma ..
- S100 proteins interact with the N-terminal domain of MDM2Jan van Dieck
MRC Centre for Protein Engineering, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QH, UK
FEBS Lett 584:3269-74. 2010..This interaction with MDM2 (2-125) is a general feature of S100 proteins; S100A1, S100A2, S100A4 and S100A6 also interact with MDM2 (2-125)...
- Promoter hyper-methylation of calcium binding proteins S100A6 and S100A2 in human prostate cancerIshtiaq Rehman
Academic Urology Unit, Division of Clinical Sciences South, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom, and Service d Urologie, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Prostate 65:322-30. 2005S100A6 and S100A2 are members of the S100 family of calcium binding proteins, which are down regulated in prostate cancer, however the molecular mechanism(s) underlying their loss of expression is unknown.
- Gene expression profiling of localized esophageal carcinomas: association with pathologic response to preoperative chemoradiationRajyalakshmi Luthra
Department of Hematopathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77054, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:259-67. 2006..Currently, however, there are no tools to help select optimum therapy. We hypothesized that gene expression profiling could provide clues and biomarkers for selection of therapy...
- Gastric cancers overexpress S100A calcium-binding proteinsWa el El-Rifai
Department of Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 0708, USA
Cancer Res 62:6823-6. 2002..Interestingly, five calcium-binding proteins (S100A2, S100A7, S100A8, S100A9, and S100A10) were overexpressed...
- Expression of S100A2 and S100B proteins in epithelial tumors of the skinHye Rim Park
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, Hallym University, Anyang, Korea
J Cutan Pathol 30:373-8. 2003The purpose of this study was to evaluate the expression of Ca2+-binding S100 proteins, S100A2 and S100B, in normal skin. These immunohistochemical stain patterns were compared with those in a variety of epithelial tumors.
- Identification and characterization of genes responsive to apoptosis: application of DNA chip technology and mRNA differential displayY Sun
Department of Molecular Biology, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Histol Histopathol 15:1271-84. 2000..mediate apoptosis in p53 dependent manner (through activation of p53 target genes such as Waf-1/p21, PCNA, GPX, S100A2 and PTGF-beta) as well as in p53-independent manner (through activation of ODC and TGF-beta receptor, among others)..
- Combination PPARgamma and RXR Agonist Treatment in Melanoma Cells: Functional Importance of S100A2Joshua P Klopper
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
PPAR Res 2010:729876. 2010..analysis of A375(DRO) after TZD and combination rexinoid/TZD treatment in which the calcium binding protein S100A2 had increased expression after rexinoid or TZD treatment and a synergistic increase to combination treatment...
- Gene expression profiles in primary ovarian serous papillary tumors and normal ovarian epithelium: identification of candidate molecular markers for ovarian cancer diagnosis and therapyAlessandro D Santin
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205 7199, USA
Int J Cancer 112:14-25. 2004..claudin 3, claudin 4, tumor-associated calcium signal transducers 1 and 2 (TROP-1/Ep-CAM, TROP-2), ladinin 1, S100A2, SERPIN2 (PAI-2), CD24, lipocalin 2, osteopontin, kallikrein 6 (protease M), kallikrein 10, matriptase (TADG-15) ..
- Cyclooxygenase-2 is involved in S100A2-mediated tumor suppression in squamous cell carcinomaWan Chi Tsai
Institute of Molecular Medicine, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, 1 University Road, Tainan 70101, Taiwan, Republic of China
Mol Cancer Res 4:539-47. 2006b>S100A2 is considered a putative tumor suppressor due to its loss or down-regulation in several cancer types. However, no mechanism has been described for the tumor suppressor role of S100A2...
- The expression of COX-2, hTERT, MDM2, LATS2 and S100A2 in different types of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)Mojca Strazisar
Department of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Korytkova 2, 1000, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Cell Mol Biol Lett 14:442-56. 2009..transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), we analysed the expression of the COX-2, hTERT, MDM2, LATS2 and S100A2 genes and researched the relationships between the NSCLC types and the differences in expression levels...
- S100-mediated signal transduction in the nervous system and neurological diseasesD B Zimmer
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77845 4467, USA
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 51:201-14. 2005..A total of ten S100 family members are reported in the literature to be expressed in brain -S100A1, S100A2, S100A4, S100A5, S100A6, S100A10, S100A11, S100A13, S100B, and S100Z...
- Decitabine up-regulates S100A2 expression and synergizes with IFN-gamma to kill uveal melanoma cellsJared A Gollob
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Duke University, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:5219-25. 2007..Metastatic uveal melanoma is resistant to conventional chemotherapy and immunotherapy. In this study, we investigated the responsiveness of uveal melanoma cell lines to IFNs and the hypomethylating agent decitabine...
- Molecular cloning, identification and analysis of lung squamous cell carcinoma-related genesChenyang Shen
Department of Thoracic Surgery, People s Hospital, Peking University, Beijing 100044, China
Lung Cancer 38:235-41. 2002..To clone and identify genes differentially expressed in human lung squamous cell carcinoma (LSCC)...
- cDNA cloning of S100 calcium-binding proteins from bovine periodontal ligament and their expression in oral tissuesW R Duarte
Department of Periodontology, Faculty of Dentistry, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
J Dent Res 77:1694-9. 1998..screened the PDL cDNA library with a mouse S100A4 cDNA, and cloned the bovine cDNAs of two S100 CaBPs (S100A4 and S100A2). In northern blotting analysis, the highest expression of S100A4 was detected in PDL from erupted teeth (PDLE)...
- Expression of calcium-binding protein S100A2 in breast lesionsD Liu
School of Biological Sciences, University of Liverpool, P O Box 147, Liverpool, L69 7ZB, UK
Br J Cancer 83:1473-9. 2000..contained cDNAs corresponding to mRNAs for plasminogen activator inhibitor I, annexin VIII and the EF-hand protein S100A2. S100A2 protein has previously been shown to be expressed in normal human breast epithelium, but not in human ..
- Development and progression of malignancy in human colon tissues are correlated with expression of specific Ca(2+)-binding S100 proteinsY Bronckart
Laboratory of Histopathology, Faculty of Medicine, Free University of Brussels, Belgium
Histol Histopathol 16:707-12. 2001The expression levels of seven different S100 proteins (S100A1, S100A2, S100A3, S100A4, S100A5, S100A6, and S100B) were characterized by immunohistochemistry in the epithelial versus connective tissues of a series of 35 colon specimens, ..
- S100P expression in human esophageal epithelial cells: Human esophageal epithelial cells sequentially produce different S100 proteins in the process of differentiationNobuyuki Sato
Department of Anatomy and Histology, Niigata University Faculty of Medicine, Niigata City, Niigata, Japan
Anat Rec 267:60-9. 2002..We also investigated the expression of other S100 proteins, including S100A2, S100A6, and CAAF1 (S100A12), in human EECs...
- Differential expression of S100A2 and S100A4 during progression of human prostate adenocarcinomaSanjay Gupta
Department of Urology, Case Western Reserve University and The Research Institute of University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:106-12. 2003To establish the clinical significance of calcium binding proteins S100A2 and S100A4 during progression of human prostate adenocarcinoma.
- S100A protein expression in the distinction between lentigo maligna and pigmented actinic keratosisAdriana Ribe
Department of Pathology, New York Presbyterian Hospital Cornell University Weill Medical College, New York, New York, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 25:93-9. 2003..Our study analyzed the expression of several of the S100 protein subtypes (S100A2, S100A6, and S100A8/A9 or A12) in 38 LM cases and 44 PAK cases to define their potential value in the distinction ..
- Differential expression of S100 calcium-binding proteins in epidermoid cysts, branchial cysts, craniopharyngiomas and cholesteatomasP Pelc
Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Erasmus University Hospital, Laboratory of Anatomy and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Histopathology 42:387-94. 2003To investigate whether epidermoid cysts, branchial cysts, craniopharyngiomas and cholesteatomas express S100 proteins differentially by immunohistochemical assaying the presence of S100A1, S100A2, S100A3, S100A4, S100A5, S100A6 and S100B.
- S100 proteins in the epidermisRichard L Eckert
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Invest Dermatol 123:23-33. 2004..genes are located within the epidermal differentiation complex on human chromosome 1q21 and 13 S100 proteins (S100A2, S100A3, S100A4, S100A6, S100A7, S100A8, S100A9, S100A10, S100A11, S100A12, S100A15, S100B, and S100P) are ..
- Overexpression of S100A2 protein as a prognostic marker for patients with stage I non small cell lung cancerHuijun Wang
Department of Pathology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Cancer 116:285-90. 2005b>S100A2, a calcium-binding protein, recently became of major interest because of its differential expression during transformation and metastasis in various tumors...
- S100A8 is identified as a biomarker of HPV18-infected oral squamous cell carcinomas by suppression subtraction hybridization, clinical proteomics analysis, and immunohistochemistry stainingWan Yu Lo
Department of Medical Research, China Medical University Hospital Taichung, Taiwan
J Proteome Res 6:2143-51. 2007..of HPV18+ OSCC, including poly(ADP-ribose)polymerase I (PARP1), replication protein A2 (RPA2), S100A8, and S100A2. Clinical proteomics analysis indicated that there was over 10-fold overexpression of Stratifin, F-actin capping ..
- Expression of S100 protein family members in the pathogenesis of bladder tumorsRuisheng Yao
Department of Surgery and The Alvin J Siteman Cancer Center, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Anticancer Res 27:3051-8. 2007..were confirmed by real-time PCR to be differentially expressed in human bladder cancers, with overexpression of S100A2, S100A3, S100A5, S100A7, S100A8, S100A9, S100A14, S100A15, S100A16 and S100P, and underexpression of S100A1, ..
- In silico analysis and verification of S100 gene expression in gastric cancerJi Liu
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Xijing Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, 710032, PR China
BMC Cancer 8:261. 2008..They were involved in the regulation of a number of cellular processes such as cell cycle progression and differentiation. However, the expression status of S100 family members in gastric cancer was not known yet...
- Expression of S100A2 calcium-binding protein predicts response to pancreatectomy for pancreatic cancerAndrew V Biankin
Cancer Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Darlinghurst, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Gastroenterology 137:558-68, 568.e1-11. 2009..We evaluated the utility of multiple biomarkers from distinct biologic pathways as potential predictive markers of response to pancreatectomy and patient survival...
- Significance of S100A2 and S100A4 Expression in the Progression of Prostate AdenocarcinomaYong Wook Kwon
Department of Urology, Chung Ang University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Urol 51:456-62. 2010The aim of this study was to investigate the expression pattern of calcium-binding proteins S100A2 and S100A4. We also sought to determine the prognostic value of these markers for patients with prostate adenocarcinoma.
- Crystallization and calcium/sulfur SAD phasing of the human EF-hand protein S100A2Michael Koch
Department of Biology, University of Konstanz, Postfach M665, Universitatsstrasse 10, 78457 Konstanz, Germany
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 66:1032-6. 2010Human S100A2 is an EF-hand protein and acts as a major tumour suppressor, binding and activating p53 in a Ca2+-dependent manner...
- Loss of Reprimo and S100A2 expression in human gastric adenocarcinomaJun Luo
Department of Pathology, Zhongnan Hospital, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430071, China
Diagn Cytopathol 39:752-7. 2011Reprimo and S100A2 are two newly identified candidate tumor-suppressor genes, which play an important role in the regulation of p53-dependent cell cycle...
- Regulation of nuclear localization signal-importin α interaction by Ca2+/S100A6Maki Takata
Department of Signal Transduction Sciences, Kagawa University, Faculty of Medicine, 1750 1 Ikenobe, Miki cho, Kita gun, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
FEBS Lett 584:4517-23. 2010..These results indicate S100A6 may regulate the nuclear transport of NLS-cargos in response to increasing concentrations of intracellular Ca(2+)...
- Joining S100 proteins and migration: for better or for worse, in sickness and in healthStephane R Gross
School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham, B4 7ET, UK
Cell Mol Life Sci 71:1551-79. 2014..This review summarises some of the reported regulatory functions of S100 proteins (namely S100A1, S100A2, S100A4, S100A6, S100A7, S100A8/S100A9, S100A10, S100A11, S100A12, S100B and S100P) on cellular migration and ..
- Suramin is a novel activator of PP5 and biphasically modulates S100-activated PP5 activityFuminori Yamaguchi
Department of Cell Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa University, 1750 1, Ikenobe, Miki cho, Kita gun, Kagawa, 761 0793, Japan
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 172:237-47. 2014..In the presence of S100A2/Ca(2+), lower concentrations of suramin dose-dependently inhibited PP5 activity as an S100 antagonist, whereas ..
- Ca2+/S100 proteins inhibit the interaction of FKBP38 with Bcl-2 and Hsp90Seiko Shimamoto
Department of Signal Transduction Sciences, Kagawa University Faculty of Medicine, 1750 1 Ikenobe, Miki cho, Kita gun, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
Biochem J 458:141-52. 2014..In vitro binding studies demonstrated that S100A1, S100A2, S100A6, S100B and S100P specifically interact with FKBP38 and inhibit the interaction of FKBP38 with Bcl-2 and ..
- Clinical significance of S100A2 expression in gastric cancerYing Fu Liu
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Medical College, Xiamen University, Xiangan South Road, Xiangan District, 361102, Xiamen, Fujian, China
Tumour Biol 35:3731-41. 2014..As a result, S100A2 was successfully identified to be down-regulated significantly in GC compared with ANGT...
- S100A2 protein and non-small cell lung cancer. The dual role conceptPanagiotis Hountis
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Athens Naval Hospital, Deinokratous 70, 11521, Athens, Greece
Tumour Biol 35:7327-33. 2014b>S100A2 is a member of the EF-hand motif family S100. Its role has been recently implicated in carcinogenesis and metastasis...
- The receptor for advanced glycation end products influences the expression of its S100 protein ligands in melanoma tumorsVarsha Meghnani
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, North Dakota State University, Dept 2665, PO Box 6050, Fargo, ND 58108, United States
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 57:54-62. 2014..Analysis of protein tumor extracts showed increased levels of the RAGE ligands S100B, S100A2, S100A4, S100A6 and S100A10 in RAGE overexpressing tumors compared to control tumors...
- Comparative Proteomic Analysis of Human Cholangiocarcinoma Cell Lines: S100A2 as a Potential Candidate Protein Inducer of InvasionKasima Wasuworawong
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, 272 Rama VI Road, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Dis Markers 2015:629367. 2015..b>S100A2, a calcium-binding protein in S100 protein family, is upregulated in KKU-M213...
- Overexpression of the S100A2 protein as a prognostic marker for patients with stage II and III colorectal cancerTaiki Masuda
Department of Surgical Oncology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo 113 8510, Japan
Int J Oncol 48:975-82. 2016..Of these proteins, the S100 calcium-binding protein A2 (S100A2) has been observed in several human cancers...
- Transcriptome analysis of phycocyanin inhibitory effects on SKOV-3 cell proliferationJun Ying
School of Laboratory Medicine and Life Science Institute of Biomedical Informatics, Wenzhou Medical University, Wenzhou 325035, China
Gene 585:58-64. 2016..qPCR results further showed that PTPN12, S100A2, RPL26, and LAMA3 increased while HNRNPA1P10 decreased in PC-treated cells...
- S100A13. Biochemical characterization and subcellular localization in different cell linesK Ridinger
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Clinical Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Zurich, 8032 Zurich, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 275:8686-94. 2000..In human smooth muscle cells, which co-express S100A2 in the nucleus and S100A1 in stress fibers, S100A13 shows a unique subcellular localization in the perinuclear ..
- Co-expression/co-location of S100 proteins (S100B, S100A1 and S100A2) and protein kinase C (PKC-beta, -eta and -zeta) in a rat model of cerebral basilar artery vasospasmF Lefranc
Department of Neurosurgery, Erasmus University Hospital, Belgium
Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol 31:649-60. 2005..A number of S100 proteins are known to interfere directly with PKC, or indirectly with PKC substrates. We therefore investigated whether specific S100 proteins and PKCs are co-expressed/co-located in a rat model of SAH-induced vasospasm...
- Interferon-alpha and transforming growth factor-beta co-induce growth inhibition of human tumor cellsS Foser
Roche Center for Medical Genomics, F Hoffmann La Roche AG, 4070, Basel, Switzerland
Cell Mol Life Sci 63:2387-96. 2006..Among these are the insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 3 (IGFBP3) and the calcium-binding protein S100A2; we demonstrate, that recombinant IGFBP3 protein is a potent growth inhibitor requiring TGF-beta activity...
- S100A2-S100P expression profile and diagnosis of non-small cell lung carcinoma: impairment by advanced tumour stages and neoadjuvant chemotherapyBabett Bartling
Department of Cardio Thoracic Surgery, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Ernst Grube Str 40, D 61120 Halle Saale, Germany
Eur J Cancer 43:1935-43. 2007..Among the S100 members, we identified the expression of S100A1, S100A2, S100A4, S100A6, S100A9 and S100P in human lung carcinoma cells (H358(p53-), A549(p53+)) or NSCLC tissues...
- Locus 1q21 Gene expression changes in atopic dermatitis skin lesions: deregulation of small proline-rich region 1AJerzy Jarzab
Department of Internal Medicine, Dermatology and Allergology, Silesian Medical University, Zabrze, Poland
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 151:28-37. 2010..In the present study, we compared 1q21 gene expression in lesional versus nonlesional AD skin...
- S100A2 promoter-driven conditionally replicative adenovirus targets non-small-cell lung carcinomaK Lee
Gene Therapy Laboratory, Mogam Biotechnology Research Institute, Yongin, Republic of Korea
Gene Ther 19:967-77. 2012b>S100A2, a member of the S100 family of calcium-binding proteins, has been implicated in carcinogenesis as both a tumor suppressor and stimulator...
- S100 proteins modulate protein phosphatase 5 function: a link between CA2+ signal transduction and protein dephosphorylationFuminori Yamaguchi
Department of Cell Physiology, Kagawa University Faculty of Medicine, 1750 1, Ikenobe, Miki cho, Kita gun, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
J Biol Chem 287:13787-98. 2012..In vitro binding studies demonstrated that S100A1, S100A2, S100A6, and S100B proteins specifically interact with PP5-TPR and inhibited the PP5-Hsp90 interaction...
- Identification of RARRES1 as a core regulator in liver fibrosisAndreas Teufel
Department of Medicine I, Johannes Gutenberg University, Building 605, Langenbeckstr 1, 55101 Mainz, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 90:1439-47. 2012..RARRES1, AGER and S100A2 were differentially regulated in all fibrosis experiments...
- Prognostic significance of different immunohistochemical S100A2 protein expression patterns in patients with operable nonsmall cell lung carcinomaPanagiotis Hountis
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Athens Naval Hospital, Athens
Onco Targets Ther 5:363-73. 2012S100 proteins are involved in carcinogenesis, metastasis, and survival. S100A2 is a member of the S100 family, and its expression and precise role in patients with non-small cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC) has been debated...
- Predictors of short-term neurocognitive outcome following coronary revascularisation (CABG) depending on the use of cardiopulmonary bypassInes Lazibat
University of Zagreb, Dubrava University Hospital, Department of Neurology, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 36:827-33. 2012..The serum levels of the neuromarker S100l were measured immediately after surgery, and then 12, 24 and 48 hours after the surgery...
- Clinical significance of altered S100A2 expression in gastric cancerYing Zhao
Department of General Surgery, Shengjing Hospital of China Medical University, and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Basic Medicine, China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning 110004, PR China
Oncol Rep 29:1556-62. 2013The S100A2 gene has been reported to be a putative tumor‑suppressor gene. Nevertheless, overexpression of S100A2 has been found in certain types of cancer...
- S100A2 is a predictive biomarker of adjuvant therapy benefit in pancreatic adenocarcinomaJean Baptiste Bachet
Medical University Pierre et Marie Curie, UFR Paris VI, 91 105 boulevard de l Hôpital, Paris, France
Eur J Cancer 49:2643-53. 2013Prognosis of patients with pancreatic adenocarcinoma (PAC) remains poor. S100A2 has been recently suggested as a negative prognostic biomarker in PAC...
- Novel interactions of the TRTK12 peptide with S100 protein family members: specificity and thermodynamic characterizationLucas N Wafer
Department of Biology, Center for Biotechnology and Interdisciplinary Studies, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York 12180, United States
Biochemistry 52:5844-56. 2013..Novel interactions were found with only two family members, S100P and S100A2, indicating that TRTK12 selectively interacts with a small subset of the S100 proteins...
- Low-molecular-mass secretome profiling identifies C-C motif chemokine 5 as a potential plasma biomarker and therapeutic target for nasopharyngeal carcinomaShih Jie Lin
Graduate Institute of Biomedical Sciences, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan
J Proteomics 94:186-201. 2013..RPL22, and CCL5) in NPC tissues by immunohistochemistry and demonstrated elevated plasma levels of two targets (S100A2 and CCL5) in NPC patients by ELISA. Notably, plasma CCL5 showed good power (AUC 0...
- Ca2+-dependent interaction of S100A2 with muscle and nonmuscle tropomyosinsM Gimona
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, NY 11724, USA
J Cell Sci 110:611-21. 1997..with 1-ethyl-3-[3-(dimethyl amino)propyl]carbodiimide (EDC) indicated an association of the Ca2+-binding protein S100A2 with tropomyosin (TM) in vitro...
- A model for target protein binding to calcium-activated S100 dimersP Groves
Department of Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology, Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Warsaw, Poland
FEBS Lett 421:175-9. 1998..We conclude that the differences are a result of modeling rather than a function of different target binding properties. A mechanism for target protein binding is suggested...
- Distinct subcellular localization of calcium binding S100 proteins in human smooth muscle cells and their relocation in response to rises in intracellular calciumA Mandinova
Maurice E Müller Institute, BioCentrum, University of Basel, Switzerland
J Cell Sci 111:2043-54. 1998..In contrast, S100A2 was located primarily in the cell nucleus...
- Three distinct anti-allergic drugs, amlexanox, cromolyn and tranilast, bind to S100A12 and S100A13 of the S100 protein familyT Shishibori
Department of Chemistry, Kagawa Medical University, 1750 1, Miki cho, Kita gun, 761 0793 Kagawa, Japan
Biochem J 338:583-9. 1999..that two characteristic 10-kDa proteins, one polar and one less polar, were bound with all three drugs, although S100A2 (S100L), of the S100 family, was bound with phenyl-Sepharose...
- Mapping the zinc ligands of S100A2 by site-directed mutagenesisT B Stradal
Institute of Molecular Biology, Department of Cell Biology, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Billrothstrasse 11, A 5020 Salzburg, Austria
J Biol Chem 275:13219-27. 2000..In addition to Ca(2+), several members of the S100 protein family, including S100A2, bind Zn(2+)...
- Prognostic significance of the Ca(2+) binding protein S100A2 in laryngeal squamous-cell carcinomaL Lauriola
Institute of Pathology, Universita Cattolica del S Cuore, Rome, Italy
Int J Cancer 89:345-9. 2000We investigated by immunocytochemistry the expression of the Ca(2+) binding protein S100A2 in 62 cases of laryngeal squamous-cell carcinoma (SCC)...
- Coordinately up-regulated genes in ovarian cancerC D Hough
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, National Institute on Aging, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Cancer Res 61:3869-76. 2001..Kop protease inhibitor, matrix gla protein, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 3, folate receptor 1, S100A2, signal transducer and activator of transcription 1, secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor, apolipoprotein E, and ..
- Evidence for local control of gene expression in the epidermal differentiation complexJames T Elder
Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Exp Dermatol 11:406-12. 2002..gene expression, we identified an inverse correlation between expression and DNA methylation for two EDC genes (S100A2 and S00A6) in human keratinocytes and fibroblasts...
- Expression profiling of primary non-small cell lung cancer for target identificationJim Heighway
Target Identification Group, Roy Castle International Centre for Lung Cancer Research, University of Liverpool, 200 London Road, Liverpool L3 9TA, UK
Oncogene 21:7749-63. 2002..genes, previously designated as potential tumour suppressors in breast (maspin) and lung and breast (S100A2) cancers, were analysed more extensively and demonstrate the effectiveness of this approach in identifying ..
- S100A6 protein expression is different in Spitz nevi and melanomasAdriana Ribe
Dermatopathology Division, Department of Pathology, New York Presbyterian Hospital Cornell University Weill Medical College, New York, New York, USA
Mod Pathol 16:505-11. 2003..Normal intraepidermal melanocytes were negative. The melanocytic cells in these three entities did not express S100A2, S100A8/A9 or A12...
- Immunolocalization of S100A2 calcium-binding protein in cartilage and bone cellsN Balmain
Laboratoire de Nutrition et de Sécurité Alimentaire INRA, F 78350 Jouy en Josas, France
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 49:485-6. 2003b>S100A2 protein, a Ca2+ binding protein, was investigated by immunocytochemistry in the epiphyseal cartilage and bone cells of growing rats, and in primary cultures of osteoblasts...
- S100A7 and the progression of breast cancerEthan D Emberley
Manitoba Institute of Cell Biology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Breast Cancer Res 6:153-9. 2004..Molecular analysis of breast tumors has revealed that several S100s, including S100A2, S100A4 and S100A7, exhibit altered expression levels during breast tumorigenesis and/or progression...
- Expression of S100 proteins in normal human tissues and common cancers using tissue microarrays: S100A6, S100A8, S100A9 and S100A11 are all overexpressed in common cancersS S Cross
Academic Unit of Pathology, Division of Genomic Medicine, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Histopathology 46:256-69. 2005..S100A6, S100A8, S100A9 and S100A11 have all been suggested to have potential roles in carcinogenesis and tumour progression but their expression has not been described in a wide range of human tissues and tumours...
- Expression of S100A2 and S100A6 in thyroid carcinomasY Ito
Kuma Hospital, Chuo Ku, Kobe, Japan
Histopathology 46:569-75. 2005S100 calcium-binding proteins are known to play multiple roles in carcinoma development. In this study, we focused on two kinds of these proteins, S100A2 and S100A6, and investigated their expression in thyroid neoplasms.
- Altered expression of CLC, DSG3, EMP3, S100A2, and SLPI in corneal epithelium from keratoconus patientsKim Nielsen
Department of Ophthalmology, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Cornea 24:661-8. 2005This investigation was designed to determine whether the five genes, CLC, DSG3, EMP3, S100A2 and SLPI, are differentially expressed in keratoconus, as indicated from another study.
- Establishment of an immortalized cell line from a precancerous lesion of lung adenocarcinoma, and genes highly expressed in the early stages of lung adenocarcinoma developmentAki Shimada
Department of Pathology, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba shi, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Cancer Sci 96:668-75. 2005..32%) of them encoded tumor-associated calcium signal transducer 2 (TACSTD2) and S100 calcium binding protein A2 (S100A2), respectively. The high transcription of TACSTD2 and S100A2 in PL16T was confirmed by in situ hybridization...
- Prognostic and diagnostic relevance of hnRNP A2/B1, hnRNP B1 and S100 A2 in non-small cell lung cancerVeronika F E Zech
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, Medical University Innsbruck, Anichstrasse 35, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Cancer Detect Prev 30:395-402. 2006..Since previous studies using paraffin-embedded tissues indicated a high potential of these markers for diagnosis and screening the present analysis intended to validate these data applying cryostat sections...
- Purification and crystallization of the human EF-hand tumour suppressor protein S100A2Michael Koch
Fachbereich Biologie, Universitat Konstanz, Postfach M665, Universitatsstrasse 10, 78457 Konstanz, Germany
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 62:1120-3. 2006b>S100A2 is a Ca(2+)-binding EF-hand protein that is mainly localized in the nucleus. There, it acts as a tumour suppressor by binding and activating p53. Wild-type S100A2 and a S100A2 variant lacking cysteines have been purified...
- Decreased expression of gene cluster at chromosome 1q21 defines molecular subgroups of chemoradiotherapy response in esophageal cancersMadan G Luthra
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77054, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:912-9. 2007..We previously noted an association between decreased expression of epidermal differentiation complex (EDC) genes S100A2 and SPRR3 at chromosome 1q21 and CTXRT resistance...
- Down-regulation of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-5 (IGFBP-5): novel marker for cervical carcinogenesisTakashi Miyatake
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Int J Cancer 120:2068-77. 2007..Real-time RT-PCR analysis was conducted on a selected subset of these genes (S100A2, GPC4, p72, IGFBP-5, TRIM2 and NAB2) for 14 additional SCCs and 10 normal epithelia...
- A review of the S100 proteins in cancerI Salama
Newham University Hospital, London, UK
Eur J Surg Oncol 34:357-64. 2008..This review summarises the biological and clinical relevance of these proteins in relation to different tumour types...
- Epigenetic deregulation of multiple S100 gene family members by differential hypomethylation and hypermethylation events in medulloblastomaJ C Lindsey
Northern Institute for Cancer Research, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, UK
Br J Cancer 97:267-74. 2007..Four family members (S100A2, S100A4, S100A6 and S100A10) demonstrated evidence of upregulated expression in multiple medulloblastoma cell ..
- S100A4 contributes to the suppression of BNIP3 expression, chemoresistance, and inhibition of apoptosis in pancreatic cancerPatrick C Mahon
Centre for Molecular Oncology, Institute of Cancer and the Cancer Research UK Clinical Centre, Barts and the London School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 67:6786-95. 2007..This analysis identified several S100 family proteins, of which two, S100A2 and S100A4, showed in vitro the ability to repress exogenous BNIP3 promoter activity...
- Expression of S100A2 and S100A4 predicts for disease progression and patient survival in bladder cancerKazumasa Matsumoto
Department of Urology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
Urology 70:602-7. 2007To determine the expression patterns and prognostic value of S100A2 and S100A4 in surgical specimens from radical cystectomy for transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder.
- The prognostic value of Stathmin-1, S100A2, and SYK proteins in ER-positive primary breast cancer patients treated with adjuvant tamoxifen monotherapy: an immunohistochemical studyRastko Golouh
Institute of Oncology, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Breast Cancer Res Treat 110:317-26. 2008We recently found that DNA methylation of S100A2, spleen tyrosine kinase (SYK), and Stathmin-1 (STMN1) correlates with response to tamoxifen therapy in metastatic breast cancer...
- Over-expression of S100A2 in pancreatic cancer correlates with progression and poor prognosisK Ohuchida
Department of Surgery and Oncology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Pathol 213:275-82. 2007Controversy exists regarding the clinical significance of S100A2 in the progression of tumours. In pancreatic cancer, little is known about the role of S100A2...
- Large intra- and inter-individual variability of genes expression levels limits potential predictive value of molecular diagnosis of dysplasia in Barrett's esophagusEwa E Hennig
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medical Center for Postgraduate Education at the Maria Sklodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Center and Institute of Oncology, Warsaw, Poland
J Mol Med (Berl) 86:233-42. 2008..from Barrett's esophagus without dysplasia to Barrett's esophagus with high-grade dysplasia, only a decrease in S100A2 mRNA levels was statistically significant (P<0.05)...
- Crystal structure of Ca2+ -free S100A2 at 1.6-A resolutionMichael Koch
Fachbereich Biologie, Universitat Konstanz, Postfach M665, Universitatsstrasse 10, 78457 Konstanz, Germany
J Mol Biol 378:933-42. 2008b>S100A2 is an EF hand-containing Ca(2+)-binding protein of the family of S100 proteins. The protein is localized exclusively in the nucleus and is involved in cell cycle regulation...
- Differential expression of S100 protein subtypes in malignant melanoma, and benign and malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumorsDaisuke Nonaka
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Cutan Pathol 35:1014-9. 2008..S100 family of proteins consists of over 20 members. We report on S100 subtypes in malignant melanomas (MMs), and BPNSTs and MPNSTs to investigate differential expression...
- Frequent polymorphic variations but rare tumour specific mutations of the S100A2 on 1q21 in non-small cell lung cancerMojca Strazisar
Department of Molecular Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Korytkova 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Lung Cancer 63:354-9. 2009Contrary to the recent hypothesis that S100A2 is a tumour suppressor, no somatic mutations have yet been identified...
- CALCIUM, S100 PROTEINS AND KERATINOCYTE DIFFERENTIATIONRICHARD ECKERT; Fiscal Year: 2004..In Specific Aim 1, they clone, express, and generate antibodies to the remaining keratinocyte S100 proteins, S100A2, S100A4, S100A6, S100A8, and S100A9...
- The Structure and Function of S100 ProteinsDAVID JOSEPH WEBER; Fiscal Year: 2010..e. for S100A1, S100A2, and S100A4) will identify the molecular determinants that provide specificity in S100-target protein complexes;..
- Organ Culture of Basal Cell CarcinomaJames Elder; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Dendritic Cell Immunotherapy for Cervical CancerAlessandro Santin; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will determine whether E7 antigen-loaded autologous DC vaccination offers the potential of therapeutic benefit for patients with HPV16 or HPV18-associated cervical cancer. ..
- Amphiregulin in Psoriatic Epidermal HyperplasiaJAMES TILFORD ELDER; Fiscal Year: 2010..If successful, this research will have important public health consequences not only in psoriasis but also in a wide variety of dermatoses characterized by epidermal hyperplasia. ..