Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: S100A7
Description: S100 calcium binding protein A7
Alias: PSOR1, S100A7c, protein S100-A7, psoriasin 1
Publications147 found, 100 shown here
- Loss of ICAM-1 signaling induces psoriasin (S100A7) and MUC1 in mammary epithelial cellsS Petersson
Department of Clinical Genetics, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 413 45 Gothenburg, Sweden
Breast Cancer Res Treat 125:13-25. 2011Psoriasin (S100A7), a member of the S100 gene family, is highly expressed in high-grade comedo ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS), with a higher risk of local recurrence...
- S100A15, an antimicrobial protein of the skin: regulation by E. coli through Toll-like receptor 4Amanda S Büchau
Department of Dermatology, Heinrich Heine University, Duesseldorf, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 127:2596-604. 2007..We found that E. coli significantly induced human S100A7 and S100A15 transcript abundance and IL-8 release in cultured primary human keratinocytes...
- Tumor-suppressive effects of psoriasin (S100A7) are mediated through the β-catenin/T cell factor 4 protein pathway in estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer cellsYadwinder S Deol
Department of Pathology, The Ohio State University Medical and Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 286:44845-54. 2011Psoriasin (S100A7) is expressed in several epithelial malignancies including breast cancer...
- Molecular cloning, occurrence, and expression of a novel partially secreted protein "psoriasin" that is highly up-regulated in psoriatic skinP Madsen
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, Centre for Human Genome Research, Aarhus University, Denmark
J Invest Dermatol 97:701-12. 1991..Granulocyte extracts contained this protein suggesting that its overexpression by psoriatic keratinocytes may be linked to the inflammatory stimuli...
- Isolation of a YAC clone covering a cluster of nine S100 genes on human chromosome 1q21: rationale for a new nomenclature of the S100 calcium-binding protein familyB W Schafer
University of Zurich, Department of Pediatrics, Switzerland
Genomics 25:638-43. 1995..The new nomenclature should facilitate and further the understanding of this protein family and be easily expandable to other species...
- Psoriasin binds calcium and is upregulated by calcium to levels that resemble those observed in normal skinH J Hoffmann
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, Aarhus University, Denmark
J Invest Dermatol 103:370-5. 1994..56) to levels that resemble those observed in unfractionated keratinocyte populations obtained from normal skin...
- Bladder squamous cell carcinomas express psoriasin and externalize it to the urineJ E Celis
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Aarhus, Denmark
J Urol 155:2105-12. 1996..To report a single biomarker, psoriasin (Mr 11.0 kd, pI 6.2), a calcium binding protein which is expressed largely by stratified squamous epithelia and is externalized to the urine of bladder squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) bearing patients...
- The S100 family of EF-hand calcium-binding proteins: functions and pathologyB W Schafer
Department of Pediatrics, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Trends Biochem Sci 21:134-40. 1996..Novel links between EF-hand proteins, particularly S100 proteins, and specific diseases are now emerging...
- EF-hands at atomic resolution: the structure of human psoriasin (S100A7) solved by MAD phasingD E Brodersen
Macromolecular Crystallography, Aarhus University, Gustav Wieds Vej 10C, DK 8000, Aarhus C, Denmark
Structure 6:477-89. 1998..Psoriasin (S100A7) is an 11...
- Psoriasin (S100A7) expression and invasive breast cancerS Al-Haddad
Department of Pathology University of Manitoba, Faculty of Medicine, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Am J Pathol 155:2057-66. 1999Alteration of psoriasin (S100A7) expression has previously been identified in association with the transition from preinvasive to invasive breast cancer...
- S100A7, S100A10, and S100A11 are transglutaminase substratesM Ruse
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, 2109 Adelbert Road, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4970, USA
Biochemistry 40:3167-73. 2001..We suggest that transglutaminase-dependent modification is a general mechanism designed to regulate S100 protein function...
- Psoriasin expression in mammary epithelial cells in vitro and in vivoCharlotta Enerback
Department of Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Res 62:43-7. 2002..All of these conditions are characteristic of high-grade DCIS and psoriatic skin lesions; therefore, the same mechanisms may be responsible for increased expression of psoriasin in vitro and in vivo...
- S100A7 (psoriasin) interacts with epidermal fatty acid binding protein and localizes in focal adhesion-like structures in cultured keratinocytesMonica Ruse
Department of Biophysics, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4970, USA
J Invest Dermatol 121:132-41. 2003..Identifying S100 intracellular distribution, site of action, and protein targets are important goals. S100A7 (psoriasin) is an important member of this family that is markedly overexpressed in psoriatic keratinocytes; ..
- S100A7 (psoriasin) expression is associated with aggressive features and alteration of Jab1 in ductal carcinoma in situ of the breastEthan D Emberley
Manitoba Institute of Cell Biology and Department of Pathology, University of Manitoba, Faculty of Medicine, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Breast Cancer Res 6:R308-15. 2004The S100A7 (psoriasin) gene is highly expressed in ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) of the breast and can be downregulated in invasive carcinoma...
- Antimicrobial psoriasin (S100A7) protects human skin from Escherichia coli infectionRegine Gläser
Clinical Research Unit of the Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Germany
Nat Immunol 6:57-64. 2005..Zn(2+)-saturated psoriasin showed diminished antimicrobial activity, suggesting that Zn(2+) sequestration could be a possible antimicrobial mechanism. Thus, psoriasin may be key to the resistance of skin against E. coli...
- Expression patterns of S100A7 (psoriasin) and S100A9 (calgranulin-B) in keratinocyte differentiationHanna Martinsson
Department of Clinical Genetics, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 416 85 Goteborg, Sweden
Exp Dermatol 14:161-8. 2005S100 proteins are involved in many biological processes. S100A7 and S100A9 have been shown to be markedly upregulated both in ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast and in psoriasis...
- The S100A7-c-Jun activation domain binding protein 1 pathway enhances prosurvival pathways in breast cancerEthan D Emberley
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, University of Manitoba, Canada
Cancer Res 65:5696-702. 2005b>S100A7 is among the most highly expressed genes in preinvasive breast cancer, is a marker of poor survival when expressed in invasive disease, and promotes breast tumor progression in experimental models...
- Psoriasin (S100A7) is significantly up-regulated in human epithelial skin tumoursNoemi Moubayed
Department of Dermatology, Allergology and Venerology, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Schittenhelmstr 7, 24105 Kiel, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 133:253-61. 2007Psoriasin (S100A7) has originally been described to be expressed by psoriatic keratinocytes possibly as a result of altered differentiation and inflammation...
- S100A7 (Psoriasin)--mechanism of antibacterial action in woundsKathleen C Lee
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4970, USA
J Invest Dermatol 127:945-57. 2007b>S100A7, also called psoriasin, is a member of the S100 multigene family that is encoded in the epidermal differentiation complex on chromosome 1q21...
- S100A7 (Psoriasin), highly expressed in ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS), is regulated by IFN-gamma in mammary epithelial cellsStina Petersson
Department of Clinical Genetics, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
BMC Cancer 7:205. 2007The aim of the present work was to explore signal transduction pathways used in the regulation of S100A7 (psoriasin). Members of the S100 gene family participate in many important cellular functions...
- Flagellin is the principal inducer of the antimicrobial peptide S100A7c (psoriasin) in human epidermal keratinocytes exposed to Escherichia coliArby Abtin
Department of Dermatology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertal 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
FASEB J 22:2168-76. 2008..It has recently been shown that the culture supernatant of Escherichia coli induces the expression of S100A7c (psoriasin) in KCs and that S100A7c efficiently kills E. coli...
- S100A7-downregulation inhibits epidermal growth factor-induced signaling in breast cancer cells and blocks osteoclast formationVikram Paruchuri
Division of Experimental Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e1741. 2008b>S100A7 is a small calcium binding protein, which has been shown to be differentially expressed in psoriatic skin lesions, as well as in squamous cell tumors of the skin, lung and breast...
- Epithelial genes in chronic rhinosinusitis with and without nasal polypsSara L Richer
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Am J Rhinol 22:228-34. 2008..This study examines the expression of key epithelial genes implicated in the pathogenesis of other inflammatory disorders for their role in chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS)...
- Chemotactic activity of S100A7 (Psoriasin) is mediated by the receptor for advanced glycation end products and potentiates inflammation with highly homologous but functionally distinct S100A15Ronald Wolf
Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Genetics, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 181:1499-506. 2008Human S100A7 (psoriasin) is overexpressed in inflammatory diseases. The recently discovered, co-evolved hS100A15 is almost identical in sequence and up-regulated with hS100A7 during cutaneous inflammation...
- The antimicrobial protein psoriasin (S100A7) is upregulated in atopic dermatitis and after experimental skin barrier disruptionRegine Gläser
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 129:641-9. 2009..coli. This indicates that the antimicrobial response in AD is not generally impaired, but greatly differs according to the type of AMP produced by the skin...
- Evidence for diminished levels of epithelial psoriasin and calprotectin in chronic rhinosinusitisDavid D Tieu
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Ill 60607, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 125:667-75. 2010Decreased epithelial expression of mRNA for S100A7 (psoriasin) and S100A8/A9 (calprotectin) has been reported in patients with chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS).
- Nuclear S100A7 is associated with poor prognosis in head and neck cancerSatyendra Chandra Tripathi
Department of Biochemistry, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
PLoS ONE 5:e11939. 2010..labeling and liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry, led to the identification of a panel of biomarkers including S100A7. In the multi-step process of head and neck tumorigenesis, the presence of dysplastic areas in the epithelium is ..
- Psoriasin (S100A7) associates with integrin β6 subunit and is required for αvβ6-dependent carcinoma cell invasionM R Morgan
Centre for Tumour Biology, The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, John Vane Science Centre, London, UK
Oncogene 30:1422-35. 2011..approach to identify novel binding partners for the β6 subunit cytoplasmic tail and report that psoriasin (Psor) (S100A7) bound preferentially to the recombinant β6 cytoplasmic domain, though not in the absence of the unique C-..
- S100A7 enhances mammary tumorigenesis through upregulation of inflammatory pathwaysMohd W Nasser
Department of Pathology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Cancer Res 72:604-15. 2012b>S100A7/psoriasin, a member of the epidermal differentiation complex, is widely overexpressed in invasive estrogen receptor (ER)α-negative breast cancers...
- Psoriasin (S100A7)P H Watson
Department of Pathology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 30:567-71. 1998Psoriasin (S100A7) is a relatively new member of the S100 gene family that is located within the S100 gene cluster on chromosome 1q21 and shares the typical calcium binding domains that define this family of proteins...
- Genomic structure, promoter characterisation and mutational analysis of the S100A7 gene: exclusion of a candidate for familial psoriasis susceptibilityS Semprini
Department of Biopathology and Diagnostic Imaging, Tor Vergata University of Rome School of Medicine and CSS Mendel Institute, Italy
Hum Genet 104:130-4. 1999..In order to analyse S100A7 as a candidate for PS susceptibility, we have determined its genomic structure regarding exon-intron boundaries ..
- Probable interaction between S100A7 and E-FABP in the cytosol of human keratinocytes from psoriatic scalesG Hagens
Department of Dermatology and DHURDV, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Mol Cell Biochem 192:123-8. 1999The overexpression of E-FABP and S100A7 in lesional psoriatic skin suggests a possible link with this hyperproliferative skin disease...
- Psoriasin interacts with Jab1 and influences breast cancer progressionEthan D Emberley
Department of Pathology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 0W3, Canada
Cancer Res 63:1954-61. 2003Psoriasin (S100A7) is expressed at low levels in normal breast epithelial cells but is highly expressed in preinvasive ductal carcinoma in situ...
- S100 protein subcellular localization during epidermal differentiation and psoriasisAnn Marie Broome
Department of Physiology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 51:675-85. 2003..Our present studies compare the level of expression, and cellular localization of S100A7, S100A8, S100A9, S100A10, and S100A11 in normal and psoriatic epidermis...
- Psoriasin is aberrantly expressed in human breast cancer and is related to clinical outcomesWen G Jiang
Metastasis Research Group, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, UK
Int J Oncol 25:81-5. 2004Psoriasin (S100A7) is a member of the S100 gene family that is involved in psoriasis, which can be induced in cultured squamous epithelial cells...
- Expression analysis of the mouse S100A7/psoriasin gene in skin inflammation and mammary tumorigenesisMeghan Webb
Manitoba Institute of Cell Biology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
BMC Cancer 5:17. 2005The human psoriasin (S100A7) gene has been implicated in inflammation and tumor progression. Implementation of a mouse model would facilitate further investigation of its function, however little is known of the murine psoriasin gene...
- Psoriasin (S100A7) and calgranulin-B (S100A9) induction is dependent on reactive oxygen species and is downregulated by Bcl-2 and antioxidantsHanna Carlsson
Department of Clinical Genetics, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Cancer Biol Ther 4:998-1005. 2005....
- Psoriasin, one of several new proteins identified in nasal lavage fluid from allergic and non-allergic individuals using 2-dimensional gel electrophoresis and mass spectrometryMalin Bryborn
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Respir Res 6:118. 2005..DNA microarrays have recently made it possible to compare mRNA profiles of lavage fluids from healthy and diseased patients, whereas information on the protein level is still lacking...
- A putative role for psoriasin in breast tumor progressionIan Krop
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Res 65:11326-34. 2005Psoriasin (S100A7) was identifi;ed as a gene highly expressed in psoriatic keratinocytes and highly and more frequently expressed in ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) than in invasive breast carcinomas (IBC), suggesting a potential role in ..
- Reciprocal negative regulation between S100A7/psoriasin and beta-catenin signaling plays an important role in tumor progression of squamous cell carcinoma of oral cavityG Zhou
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Oncogene 27:3527-38. 2008Overexpression of S100A7 (psoriasin), a small calcium-binding protein, has been associated with the development of psoriasis and carcinomas in different types of epithelia, but its precise functions are still unknown...
- Comprehensive evaluation of genetic variation in S100A7 suggests an association with the occurrence of allergic rhinitisMalin Bryborn
Laboratory of Clinical and Experimental Allergy Research, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Malmo University Hospital, LundUniversity, Malmo, Sweden
Respir Res 9:29. 2008b>S100A7 is a calcium-binding protein with chemotactic and antimicrobial properties...
- Differentiated S100A7 expression in infected tonsils and tonsils from allergic individualsMalin Bryborn
Laboratory of Clinical and Experimental Allergy Research, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 53:413-20. 2008..b>S100A7 is a protein with antimicrobial and chemotactic properties...
- Association of psoriasin (S100A7) with clinical manifestations of systemic sclerosis: is its presence in whole saliva a potential predictor of pulmonary involvement?Chiara Baldini
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
J Rheumatol 35:1820-4. 2008To evaluate psoriasin (S100A7) expression in whole saliva (WS) of patients with diffuse systemic sclerosis (dSSc) and limited SSc (lSSc), and to correlate its presence with the different clinical manifestations of the disease.
- S100A7 (psoriasin) is induced by the proinflammatory cytokines oncostatin-M and interleukin-6 in human breast cancerN R West
Trev and Joyce Deeley Research Centre, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Oncogene 29:2083-92. 2010b>S100A7 promotes aggressive features in breast cancer, although regulation of its expression is poorly understood...
- High α-defensin and S100A7 expression and missing DOC-1 down-regulation characterize irritation fibromas of the oral cavity and may counteract malignant transformationJochen Winter
Department of Periodontology, University of Bonn, Germany
J Craniofac Surg 22:100-4. 2011....
- Flagellin delivery by Pseudomonas aeruginosa rhamnolipids induces the antimicrobial protein psoriasin in human skinUlf Meyer-Hoffert
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Kiel, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e16433. 2011..Hereby, human skin might control the microflora to prevent colonization of unwanted microbes in the earliest steps before potential pathogens can develop strategies to subvert the immune response...
- S100A7/psoriasin expression in the human lung: unchanged in patients with COPD, but upregulated upon positive S. aureus detectionEllen Andresen
Division of Innate Immunity, Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Research Center Borstel, Leibniz Center for Medicine and Biosciences, Parkallee 1 40, 23845 Borstel, Germany
BMC Pulm Med 11:10. 2011..b>S100A7/psoriasin, a recently described AMP, is an essential component of the human epithelia against invading pathogens ..
- Molecular cloning and characterization of alternatively spliced mRNA isoforms from psoriatic skin encoding a novel member of the S100 familyRonald Wolf
Department of Dermatology, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Moorenstrasse 5, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
FASEB J 17:1969-71. 2003..sequence revealed a protein of 101 amino acids containing two potential EF-hand motifs with high homology to the S100A7. Northern blot hybridization and semiquantitative RT-PCR analysis confirmed the S100A15 overexpression in ..
- Identification and validation of S100A7 associated with lung squamous cell carcinoma metastasis to brainHao Zhang
Key Laboratory for Cell Proliferation and Regulation Biology Ministry of Education, Beijing Normal University, 19th Xinjiekouwai St, 100875 Beijing, China
Lung Cancer 57:37-45. 2007..b>S100A7 and 14-3-3sigma, two of candidate proteins significantly upregulated and downregulated in H226Br cell, were ..
- Identification and characterization of binding sites on S100A7, a participant in cancer and inflammation pathwaysRafael Leon
Department of Chemistry, University of Victoria, P O Box 3065, Victoria, British Columbia V8W 3V6, Canada
Biochemistry 48:10591-600. 2009b>S100A7 (psoriasin) is a member of the S100 family of signaling proteins. It is implicated in and considered a therapeutic target for inflammation and cancer, yet no small molecule ligands for S100A7 have been identified...
- Genomic and phylogenetic analysis of the S100A7 (Psoriasin) gene duplications within the region of the S100 gene cluster on human chromosome 1q21Jerzy K Kulski
Centre for Bioinformatics and Biological Computing, School for Information Technology, Murdoch University, Murdoch, Western Australia, Australia 6150
J Mol Evol 56:397-406. 2003..We used PCR to amplify an indel within intron 1 of the S100A7a and S100A7c genes that gave the same two expected product sizes using 40 human DNA samples and 1 chimpanzee sample, therefore ..
- Expression of S100 protein family members in the pathogenesis of bladder tumorsRuisheng Yao
Department of Surgery and The Alvin J Siteman Cancer Center, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Anticancer Res 27:3051-8. 2007..PCR to be differentially expressed in human bladder cancers, with overexpression of S100A2, S100A3, S100A5, S100A7, S100A8, S100A9, S100A14, S100A15, S100A16 and S100P, and underexpression of S100A1, S100A4 and S100B...
- Expression patterns of S100 proteins in melanocytes and melanocytic lesionsStina Petersson
Departments of Clinical Genetics, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg 41345, Sweden
Melanoma Res 19:215-25. 2009..No differential expression was observed with respect to S100A4, S100A7, S100A8, S100A9 and S100A11...
- S100 proteins in the epidermisRichard L Eckert
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Invest Dermatol 123:23-33. 2004..epidermal differentiation complex on human chromosome 1q21 and 13 S100 proteins (S100A2, S100A3, S100A4, S100A6, S100A7, S100A8, S100A9, S100A10, S100A11, S100A12, S100A15, S100B, and S100P) are expressed in normal and/or diseased ..
- In silico analysis and verification of S100 gene expression in gastric cancerJi Liu
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Xijing Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, 710032, PR China
BMC Cancer 8:261. 2008..They were involved in the regulation of a number of cellular processes such as cell cycle progression and differentiation. However, the expression status of S100 family members in gastric cancer was not known yet...
- Purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction of human S100A15Karen M Boeshans
X ray Crystallography Facility, NIAMS, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 62:467-70. 2006..0 angstroms resolution. This structural analysis of the human S100A15 will further aid in the phylogenic comparison between the other members of the S100 protein family, especially the highly homologous paralog S100A7.
- Subtyping of undifferentiated non-small cell carcinomas in bronchial biopsy specimensPeh Sun Loo
Department of Pathology, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
J Thorac Oncol 5:442-7. 2010..Histochemical staining for mucin and immunohistochemical (IHC) identification of NSCLC subtype-associated markers could help predict the final subtype of resected NSCLCs diagnosed as NSCLC-NOS on preoperative bronchial biopsy samples...
- CLC- a novel susceptibility gene for allergic rhinitis?M Bryborn
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge, Sweden
Allergy 65:220-8. 2010..g. S100A7, prolactin-inducible protein (PIP), wingless-type MMTV integration site family, member 2B (WNT2B), Charcot-Leyden ..
- Shosaikoto increases calprotectin expression in human oral epithelial cellsY Hiroshima
Department of Periodontology and Endodontology, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Tokushima, Japan
J Periodontal Res 45:79-86. 2010..The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of SST on the expression of calprotectin and other AMPs through the regulation of IL-1alpha in oral epithelial cells...
- The spatial expression pattern of antimicrobial peptides across the healthy bovine udderJ Tetens
Institute of Animal Breeding and Husbandry, Christian Albrechts University Kiel, D 24098 Kiel, Germany
J Dairy Sci 93:775-83. 2010..to our knowledge, the spatial pattern of constitutive expression of 5 bovine beta-defensins and bovine psoriasin (S100A7) across 5 localizations of the bovine mammary gland applying a quantitative real-time PCR approach...
- The effects of IL-20 subfamily cytokines on reconstituted human epidermis suggest potential roles in cutaneous innate defense and pathogenic adaptive immunity in psoriasisSusan M Sa
Department of Pathology, Genentech, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Immunol 178:2229-40. 2007..These cytokines also induce expression of the psoriasis-associated protein S100A7 and keratin 16 in RHE and cause persistent activation of Stat3 with nuclear localization...
- Cloning and characterization of an odorant receptor in five Pacific salmonFumi Morinishi
Division of Marine Environment and Resources, Graduate School of Fisheries Science, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0809, Japan
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 148:329-36. 2007..homologous completely matched amino acid sequences except for one amino acid in pink salmon olfactory receptor 1 (PSOR1), revealing that these ORs may be well conserved among salmon species...
- Psoriasin (S100A7) expression is altered during skin tumorigenesisSalem Alowami
Department of Pathology, University of Manitoba, Faculty of Medicine, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, R3E OW3
BMC Dermatol 3:1. 2003Psoriasin (S100A7) expression has previously been associated with psoriasiform hyperplasia as well as with tumor progression in breast cancer. Its expression profile for different stages of skin lesions is unknown...
- Conjunctival transcriptome in scarring trachomaMatthew J Burton
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 79:499-511. 2011..were consistent with squamous metaplasia (keratins, SPRR), proinflammatory cytokine production (IL1β, CXCL5, and S100A7), and tissue remodeling (MMP7, MMP9, MMP12, and HAS3)...
- Characterization of breast precancerous lesions and myoepithelial hyperplasia in sclerosing adenosis with apocrine metaplasiaJulio E Celis
Danish Centre for Translational Breast Cancer Research, Strandboulevarden 49, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Mol Oncol 1:97-119. 2007..and markers that are highly overexpressed by pure invasive apocrine carcinomas such as MRP14 (S100A9), psoriasin (S100A7), and p53 to identify precancerous lesions in sclerosing adenosis (SA) with apocrine metaplasia...
- Reassessment of microarray expression data of porokeratosis by quantitative real-time polymerase chain reactionZheng Hua Zhang
Department of Dermatology, Huashan Hospital, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
J Cutan Pathol 37:371-5. 2010..Porokeratosis (PK) is a heterogeneous group of keratinization disorders that exhibit similarities with psoriasis at both the clinical and molecular levels...
- Structure of the human S100A12-copper complex: implications for host-parasite defenceO V Moroz
Department of Chemistry, University of York, York YO10 5YW, England
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 59:859-67. 2003..The copper binds at an equivalent site to that at which another S100 protein, S100A7, binds zinc...
- Purification of antimicrobial peptides from human skinJens M Schröder
Clinical Research Unit Cutaneous Inflammation, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Kiel, Germany
Methods Mol Biol 618:15-30. 2010..With this strategy, the beta-defensins hBD-2 and hBD-3, RNase-7 as well as psoriasin/S100A7 have been discovered as human antimicrobial peptides and proteins...
- Selective expression of S100A7 in lung squamous cell carcinomas and large cell carcinomas but not in adenocarcinomas and small cell carcinomasH Zhang
Key Laboratory of Cell Proliferation and Regulation Biology, Ministry of Education, Beijing Normal University, Beijing, China
Thorax 63:352-9. 2008b>S100A7 is a secreted protein and its overexpression has been previously associated with carcinogenesis of certain cancers...
- The expression of interleukin-22 and S100A7, A8, A9 mRNA in patients with psoriasis vulgarisHoujun Liu
Department of Dermatology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 27:605-7. 2007In order to study the expression of interleukin-22 (IL-22) and S100A7, A8, A9 mRNA in the skin lesions of patients with psoriasis vulgaris and their relationship, the biopsies were taken from skin lesions in 35 patients with psoriasis ..
- Detection of psoriasin/S100A7 in the sera of patients with psoriasisK S Anderson
Cancer Vaccine Center, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Br J Dermatol 160:325-32. 2009..Psoriatic keratinocytes express high levels of psoriasin (S100A7), a small calcium-binding protein.
- Use of a combination of approaches to identify and validate relevant tumor-associated antigens and their corresponding autoantibodies in ovarian cancer patientsAudrey Gagnon
Laboratory of Gynecologic Oncology, Division of Gynecology Oncology, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:764-71. 2008..Indeed, many autoantibodies have recently been shown to correlate with cancer patient prognosis or to be suitable for detection of the disease...
- Psoriasin (S100A7) up-regulation in oral squamous cell carcinoma and its relation to clinicopathologic featuresMarco Rainer Kesting
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Ismaninger Strasse 22, Munich, Germany
Oral Oncol 45:731-6. 2009Proteomic analysis recently suggested aberrant psoriasin (S100A7) expression in oral squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC)...
- Antimicrobial activity of bovine psoriasinPetra Regenhard
Institut für Tierwissenschaften, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat Bonn, Germany
Vet Microbiol 136:335-40. 2009Human psoriasin (S100A7) has originally been described as a member of the family of S100 calcium-binding proteins which is overexpressed in patients suffering from psoriasis...
- Escherichia coli ghosts promote innate immune responses in human keratinocytesArby Abtin
Department of Dermatology, Medical University of Vienna, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 400:78-82. 2010..of KCs with BGs generated from wild-type Escherichia coli induced the mRNA expression of antimicrobial psoriasin (S100A7c) in a BGs particle concentration-dependent manner...
- Identification of genes and molecular pathways involved in the progression of premalignant oral epitheliaAbhijit G Banerjee
Department of Oral Biology, Faculty of Dentistry, Health Sciences Center, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Mol Cancer Ther 4:865-75. 2005..We have also confirmed the overexpression of two invasion-related biomarkers, psoriasin (PSOR1) and versican (CSPG2), in oral premalignant and malignant archival tissues...
- Expression of small breast epithelial mucin (SBEM) protein in tissue microarrays (TMAs) of primary invasive breast cancersG P Skliris
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Histopathology 52:355-69. 2008..The aim was to investigate for the first time SBEM protein expression in a large cohort (n = 300) of invasive breast cancers, its relationship to established clinical variables and its association with clinical outcome...
- Molecular signatures associated with transformation and progression to breast cancer in the isogenic MCF10 modelDong Keun Rhee
Department of Biology, College of Life Science and Biotechnology, Yonsei University, Seoul 120 749, Republic of Korea
Genomics 92:419-28. 2008..Downregulation of TNFSF7, S100A4, S100A7, S100A8, and S100A9 (calcium-binding protein family), and upregulation of kallikrein-5 and thrombospondin-1 were ..
- UV-B radiation induces the expression of antimicrobial peptides in human keratinocytes in vitro and in vivoRegine Gläser
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, University Kiel, Kiel, Germany
J Allergy Clin Immunol 123:1117-23. 2009..For defense against bacteria, the innate immune response including the release of antimicrobial peptides is much more relevant than the adaptive immune response. Keratinocytes have the capacity to release antimicrobial peptides...
- Significance of the S100A4 protein in psoriasisJohn R Zibert
Department of Dermato Allergology KA 1502, University of Copenhagen, Gentofte Hospital, Hellerup, Denmark
J Invest Dermatol 130:150-60. 2010..This pattern of S100A4 expression differs considerably from that of other S100 proteins, S100A7 and S100A8/9, with predominant expression in the epidermis of psoriasis...
- [Selective Expression of Calcium-Binding Protein S100A7 in Lung Cancer.]Hao Zhang
Key Laboratory of Cell Proliferation and Regulation Biology Ministry of Education, Beijing Normal University, Universities Confederated Institute of Proteomics, Beijing 100875, China
Zhongguo Fei Ai Za Zhi 12:54-8. 2009b>S100A7 is a member of S100 family and its overexpression has been previously associated with carcinogenesis of certain cancers. The aim of this study is to explore the expression of calcium-binding protein S100A7 in lung cancer.
- Interleukin (IL)-22 and IL-17 are coexpressed by Th17 cells and cooperatively enhance expression of antimicrobial peptidesSpencer C Liang
Wyeth Research, Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
J Exp Med 203:2271-9. 2006..synergistically induced the expression of beta-defensin 2 and S100A9 and additively enhanced the expression of S100A7 and S100A8...
- Oncostatin M secreted by skin infiltrating T lymphocytes is a potent keratinocyte activator involved in skin inflammationKatia Boniface
UPRES EA 3806, Centre Hospitalier de l Université de Poitiers, Poitiers, France
J Immunol 178:4615-22. 2007..to TNF-alpha, IL-1, IL-17, and IL-22 and that it acts in synergy with the latter cytokines in the induction of S100A7 and beta-defensin 2 expression, characteristic of psoriatic skin...
- Autoantibodies to tumor-associated antigens in epithelial ovarian carcinomaBenjamin Piura
Unit of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Soroka Medical Center and Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva 84101, Israel
J Oncol 2009:581939. 2009..proteins (HSP-27, HSP-90), cathepsin D, cancer-testis antigens (NY-ESO-1/LAGE-1), MUC1, GIPC-1, IL-8, Ep-CAM, and S100A7. Since AAbs to TAAs have been identified in the circulation of patients with early-stage cancer, it has been ..
- PDEF and PDEF-induced proteins as candidate tumor antigens for T cell and antibody-mediated immunotherapy of breast cancerAshwani K Sood
Department of Immunology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Immunol Res 46:206-15. 2010..Together, these observations support PDEF as a novel candidate breast tumor antigen. Further, we have identified certain PDEF-induced proteins including CEACAM6, B7-H4, and S100A7 as additional candidate breast tumor antigens.
- S100A7, a novel Alzheimer's disease biomarker with non-amyloidogenic alpha-secretase activity acts via selective promotion of ADAM-10Weiping Qin
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e4183. 2009..Following purification and protein-sequence analysis, we identified and classified this biomarker as S100A7, a protein known to be involved in immune responses...
- Selection and characterization of human antibody fragments specific for psoriasin - a cancer associated proteinAnna Cyranka-Czaja
Faculty of Biotechnology, University of Wroclaw, Tamka 2, 50 137 Wroclaw, Poland
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 419:250-5. 2012b>S100A7 (psoriasin) is a calcium-binding protein that is upregulated in many types of cancer and often associated with poor prognosis. Its role in carcinogenesis has been associated with the stimulation of VEGF and EGF activity...
- S100 to receptor for advanced glycation end-products binding assay: looking for inhibitorsLAURA PADILLA
Biomed Division of LEITAT Technological Center, Barcelona Science Park, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 446:404-9. 2014..time and concentrations, directed to screen chemical and biological inhibitors of this interaction for S100A4, S100A7 and S100P proteins...
- Infection of keratinocytes with Trichophytum rubrum induces epidermal growth factor-dependent RNase 7 and human beta-defensin-3 expressionYasemin Helene Firat
Department of Dermatology, University Medical Center Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Kiel, Germany
PLoS ONE 9:e93941. 2014..Gene expression of the AMP psoriasin (S100A7) and hBD-2 were only slightly induced. The T...
- Cancer-associated adipose tissue promotes breast cancer progression by paracrine oncostatin M and Jak/STAT3 signalingLore Lapeire
Department of Medical Oncology, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Cancer Res 74:6806-19. 2014..and S727 in breast cancer cells and transcription of several STAT3-dependent genes, including S100 family members S100A7, S100A8, and S100A9...
- The Characteristics and Function of S100A7 Induction in Squamous Cell Carcinoma: Heterogeneity, Promotion of Cell Proliferation and Suppression of DifferentiationZhi Qi
Key Laboratory of Cell Proliferation and Regulation of Ministry of Education, Beijing Normal University, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 10:e0128887. 2015b>S100A7 is highly expressed in squamous cell carcinomas (SCC) and is related to the terminal differentiation of keratinocytes. However, its characteristic and function in SCC is not very known...
- TSLP Down-Regulates S100A7 and ß-Defensin 2 Via the JAK2/STAT3-Dependent MechanismHana Lee
Department of Dermatology and Division of Brain, Korea 21 Project for Biomedical Science, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Invest Dermatol 136:2427-2435. 2016..of normal human epidermal keratinocytes with thymic stromal lymphopoietin decreased both mRNA and levels of S100A7 and human β-defensin 2 in a dose-dependent manner, and the regulation was JAK2/STAT3-dependent...
- S100A7 has an oncogenic role in oral squamous cell carcinoma by activating p38/MAPK and RAB2A signaling pathwayK K Dey
School of Medical Science and Technology, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
Cancer Gene Ther 23:382-391. 2016..In the current study, we investigated the role of the S100A7 calcium-binding protein in oral squamous cell carcinoma as an activator of the p38/MAPK and RAB2A signaling ..
- Individualized five-year risk assessment for oral premalignant lesion progression to cancerJason T K Hwang
Proteocyte Diagnostics Inc, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Electronic address
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol . 2016..Our aim is to investigate whether a method for quantitatively assessing S100A7, a prognostic biomarker, using image analysis can better predict clinical outcome in cases with oral dysplasia.
- Evidence for differential S100 gene over-expression in psoriatic patients from genetically heterogeneous pedigreesSabrina Semprini
Cattedra di Genetica, Edificio E Nord, piano terra, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, Via di Tor Vergata 135, 00133 Rome, Italy
Hum Genet 111:310-3. 2002..This cluster contains 13 genes encoding S100 calcium-binding proteins, some of which ( S100A7, S100A8 and S100A9) are known to be up-regulated in individual patient keratinocytes...
- Gastric cancers overexpress S100A calcium-binding proteinsWa el El-Rifai
Department of Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 0708, USA
Cancer Res 62:6823-6. 2002..Interestingly, five calcium-binding proteins (S100A2, S100A7, S100A8, S100A9, and S100A10) were overexpressed...
- The mouse S100A15 ortholog parallels genomic organization, structure, gene expression, and protein-processing pattern of the human S100A7/A15 subfamily during epidermal maturationRonald Wolf
Laboratory of Cellular Carcinogenesis and Tumor Promotion, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4255, USA
J Invest Dermatol 126:1600-8. 2006The calcium-binding proteins of the human S100A7/A15 (hS100A7/A15) subfamily are differentially expressed in normal and pathological epidermis. The hS100A7 (psoriasin) and S100A15 reside in a chromosomal cluster of highly similar paralogs...
- Interleukin-1alpha regulates antimicrobial peptide expression in human keratinocytesMika Bando
Department of Periodontology and Endodontology, Oral and Maxillofacial Dentistry, Division of Medico Dental Dynamics and Reconstruction, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Tokushima, Japan
Immunol Cell Biol 85:532-7. 2007..protease inhibitor (SLPI) more than twofold relative to nonstimulated cells (control), and slightly upregulated S100A7 and beta-defensin-2...
- Highly homologous hS100A15 and hS100A7 proteins are distinctly expressed in normal breast tissue and breast cancerRonald Wolf
Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Genetics, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 37 Convent Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892 4255, USA
Cancer Lett 277:101-7. 2009Human S100A7 (psoriasin) is considered a marker for specific stages of breast cancer. hS100A15 is almost identical to hS100A7 and difficult to discriminate...
- Human hair follicle epithelium has an antimicrobial defence system that includes the inducible antimicrobial peptide psoriasin (S100A7) and RNase 7K Reithmayer
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergology, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Lübeck D 23538, Germany
Br J Dermatol 161:78-89. 2009..However, they rarely show clinical signs of infection. This suggests the presence of local, efficient, antimicrobial defence systems, which may include antimicrobial peptides (AMPs)...
- Gene from a psoriasis susceptibility locus primes the skin for inflammationRonald Wolf
Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Genetics, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Sci Transl Med 2:61ra90. 2010..Inflammation-prone psoriatic skin constitutively expresses elevated concentrations of S100A7 (psoriasin) and S100A15 (koebnerisin) in the epidermis...
- CALCIUM, S100 PROTEINS AND KERATINOCYTE DIFFERENTIATIONRICHARD ECKERT; Fiscal Year: 2004..for these studies they have cloned cDNAs, expressed protein, and produced antibodies against S100A11, S100A10, and S100A7. They show that each of these proteins are TG substrates and in one case, S100A11; they identified the TG reactive ..
- Robert P Schleimer; Fiscal Year: 2016..serine protease inhibitor SPINK5 and molecules in the epidermal differentiation complex (EDC), including S100A7 (psoriasin), S100A8 and S100A9 (calgranulins A and B)...
- Role of Epithelium in Immunity, Inflammation and DiseaseRobert P Schleimer; Fiscal Year: 2013..discovered that there is selective impairment in the expression of the important antimicrobial peptides psoriasin (S100A7) and calprotectin (S100A8/S100A9) in the epithelium of patients with CRS, suggesting diminished innate immune host ..
- JEFFREY NICHOLAS MYERS; Fiscal Year: 2016..Results of our cDNA microarray expression analysis of anoikis-resistant and - sensitive cells revealed that the S100A7 protein, a low-molecular-weight (11...
- Ramesh K Ganju; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): S100A7 is highly expressed in ER?- invasive carcinoma, as well as in high grade ductal carcinomas in situ (DCIS), and therefore may play an important role in breast cancer progression and metastasis...
- GLUCOCORTICOSTEROID ACTION IN INFLAMMATORY DISEASERobert Schleimer; Fiscal Year: 2009..serine protease inhibitor SPINK5 and molecules in the epidermal differentiation complex (EDC), including S100A7 (psoriasin), S100A8 and S100A9 (calgranulins A and B)...
- BREAST CANCER VACCINESAshwani Sood; Fiscal Year: 2002..There are 29 million women in U.S. alone who are at high risk for developing breast cancer, and this suggests a huge potential for commercial application. ..