Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TCF7L2
Description: transcription factor 7 like 2
Alias: TCF-4, TCF4, transcription factor 7-like 2, HMG box transcription factor 4, T-cell factor 4, T-cell-specific transcription factor 4, hTCF-4, transcription factor 7-like 2 (T-cell specific, HMG-box)
Publications287 found, 100 shown here
- Identification of c-MYC as a target of the APC pathwayT C He
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, 424 North Bond Street, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Science 281:1509-12. 1998..These results provide a molecular framework for understanding the previously enigmatic overexpression of c-MYC in colorectal cancers...
- Genetic variation in GIPR influences the glucose and insulin responses to an oral glucose challengeRicha Saxena
Broad Institute of Harvard and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Genet 42:142-8. 2010..2 x 10(-16)), VPS13C (rs17271305, P = 4.1 x 10(-8)), GCKR (rs1260326, P = 7.1 x 10(-11)) and TCF7L2 (rs7903146, P = 4.2 x 10(-10)) associated with 2-h glucose...
- Variant of transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) gene confers risk of type 2 diabetesStruan F A Grant
deCODE Genetics, Sturlugata 8, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Nat Genet 38:320-3. 2006..5-Mb interval on 10q. A microsatellite, DG10S478, within intron 3 of the transcription factor 7-like 2 gene (TCF7L2; formerly TCF4) was associated with type 2 diabetes (P = 2.1 x 10(-9))...
- TCF7L2 rs7903146 impairs islet function and morphology in non-diabetic individualsO Le Bacquer
Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
Diabetologia 55:2677-81. 2012Transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) is a Wnt-signalling-associated transcription factor...
- Meta-analysis of genome-wide association data and large-scale replication identifies additional susceptibility loci for type 2 diabetesEleftheria Zeggini
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Nat Genet 40:638-45. 2008..1 x 10(-9)), ADAMTS9 (P = 1.2 x 10(-8)) and NOTCH2 (P = 4.1 x 10(-8)) gene regions. Our results illustrate the value of large discovery and follow-up samples for gaining further insights into the inherited basis of T2D...
- Tissue-specific alternative splicing of TCF7L2Ludmila Prokunina-Olsson
Genome Technology Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Hum Mol Genet 18:3795-804. 2009Common variants in the transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) gene have been identified as the strongest genetic risk factors for type 2 diabetes (T2D)...
- Replication study of candidate genes associated with type 2 diabetes based on genome-wide screeningYasuharu Tabara
Department of Basic Medical Research and Education, Ehime University Graduate School of Medicine, Toon City, Ehime, Japan
Diabetes 58:493-8. 2009..A total of 11 previously reported single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) from the TCF7L2, CDKAL1, HHEX, IGF2BP2, CDKN2A/B, SLC30A8, and KCNJ11 genes were analyzed.
- The human T-cell transcription factor-4 gene: structure, extensive characterization of alternative splicings, and mutational analysis in colorectal cancer cell linesA Duval
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U434, Centre d Etude du Polymorphisme Humain, Paris, France
Cancer Res 60:3872-9. 2000..Thus, loss of the TCF-4 capacity to interact with COOH-terminal binding protein could be an important event during colorectal carcinogenesis by modifying Wnt signaling...
- A genome-wide association study of type 2 diabetes in Finns detects multiple susceptibility variantsLaura J Scott
Department of Biostatistics and Center for Statistical Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Science 316:1341-5. 2007..variants near the genes IGF2BP2 and CDKAL1 and the region of CDKN2A and CDKN2B, and confirm that variants near TCF7L2, SLC30A8, HHEX, FTO, PPARG, and KCNJ11 are associated with T2D risk...
- The new type 2 diabetes gene TCF7L2Jose C Florez
Diabetes Unit and Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 10:391-6. 2007Common variants in the gene that encodes the transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) have been strongly associated with type 2 diabetes. This highly reproducible association may uncover novel mechanisms of glycemic pathophysiology.
- Genome-wide association study identifies three novel loci for type 2 diabetesKazuo Hara
Department of Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Hum Mol Genet 23:239-46. 2014..20). This study demonstrates that GWASs based on the imputation of genotypes using modern reference haplotypes such as that from the 1000 Genomes Project data can assist in identification of new loci for common diseases. ..
- Inhibition of adipogenesis by Wnt signalingS E Ross
Department of Physiology, Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0622, USA
Science 289:950-3. 2000..When Wnt signaling in preadipocytes is prevented by overexpression of Axin or dominant-negative TCF4, these cells differentiate into adipocytes...
- The Paneth cell alpha-defensin deficiency of ileal Crohn's disease is linked to Wnt/Tcf-4Jan Wehkamp
Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology and University of Tübingen, Auerbachstrasse 12, Stuttgart, Germany
J Immunol 179:3109-18. 2007..This new link established between a human inflammatory bowel disease and the Wnt pathway/Tcf-4 provides a novel mechanism for pathogenesis in patients with ileal CD...
- TCF7L2, dietary carbohydrate, and risk of type 2 diabetes in US womenMarilyn C Cornelis
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 89:1256-62. 2009b>TCF7L2 is the strongest type 2 diabetes (T2D) locus identified to date, and evidence suggests it plays an important role in insulin synthesis, processing, and secretion...
- Candidate gene association study conditioning on individual ancestry in patients with type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome from Mexico CityM Cruz
Unidad de Investigacion Medica en Bioquimica, Hospital de Especialidades, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, CMN Siglo XXI, Mexico, DF, Mexico
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 26:261-70. 2010..Metabolic syndrome (MS) increases the risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes. We analysed 14 cases of polymorphisms located in 10 candidate loci, in a sample of patients with T2D and controls from Mexico City...
- The balance of TCF7L2 variants with differential activities in Wnt-signaling is regulated by lithium in a GSK3beta-independent mannerIan Struewing
Department of Clinical Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 399:245-50. 2010b>TCF7L2 transcription factor is a downstream effector of the canonical Wnt/beta-catenin signaling, which controls cell fate and homeostasis...
- Predicting type 2 diabetes based on polymorphisms from genome-wide association studies: a population-based studyMandy van Hoek
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Diabetes 57:3122-8. 2008..Genome-wide association (GWA) studies identified multiple new genetic variants that associate with type 2 diabetes. The predictive value of genetic testing for prediction of type 2 diabetes in the general population is unclear...
- TCF7L2 polymorphisms and progression to diabetes in the Diabetes Prevention ProgramJose C Florez
Diabetes Prevention Program Outcomes Study Coordinating Center, George Washington University, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
N Engl J Med 355:241-50. 2006Common polymorphisms of the transcription factor 7-like 2 gene (TCF7L2) have recently been associated with type 2 diabetes...
- TCF7L2 gene polymorphisms confer an increased risk for early impairment of glucose metabolism and increased height in obese childrenAntje Körner
University Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Leipzig, Oststrasse 21 25, 04317 Leipzig, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:1956-60. 2007Variants in the transcription factor 7-like2 (TCF7L2) gene have been associated with an increased risk for type 2 diabetes in adults...
- Genetic variant near IRS1 is associated with type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemiaJohan Rung
McGill University and Genome Quebec Innovation Centre, Montreal, Canada
Nat Genet 41:1110-5. 2009....
- A validation study of type 2 diabetes-related variants of the TCF7L2, HHEX, KCNJ11, and ADIPOQ genes in one endogamous ethnic group of north IndiaVipin Gupta
South Asia Network for Chronic Disease, Public Health Foundation of India, Delhi 110016
Ann Hum Genet 74:361-8. 2010The aim of this study was to validate the single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of four candidate genes (TCF7L2, HHEX, KCNJ11, and ADIPOQ) related to type 2 diabetes (T2D) in an endogamous population of north India; the Aggarwal ..
- Contribution of type 2 diabetes associated loci in the Arabic population from Tunisia: a case-control studyIntissar Ezzidi
Faculty of Pharmacy of Monastir, University of Monastir, Monastir, Tunisia
BMC Med Genet 10:33. 2009..Our aim was to evaluate the contribution to T2D of five of these established T2D-associated loci in the Arabic population from Tunisia...
- Alternative splicing of TCF7L2 gene in omental and subcutaneous adipose tissue and risk of type 2 diabetesLudmila Prokunina-Olsson
Laboratory of Translational Genomics, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e7231. 2009Single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) rs7903146 and rs12255372 located within TCF7L2 gene have been identified as the strongest common genetic risk factors for development of type 2 diabetes (T2D)...
- TCF7L2 promotes beta cell regeneration in human and mouse pancreasL Shu
Centre for Biomolecular Interactions Bremen, University of Bremen, Leobener Strasse NW2, Bremen, Germany
Diabetologia 55:3296-307. 2012..Polymorphisms of T cell factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) are associated with type 2 diabetes, negatively regulating beta cell survival and function...
- In vitro scan for enhancers at the TCF7L2 locusD Savic
Department of Human Genetics, University of Chicago, 920 E 58th St, CLSC 319A, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Diabetologia 56:121-5. 2013..Several studies point to a similar mechanism at the transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) GWAS locus for type 2 diabetes...
- Transcription factor 7-like 2 regulates beta-cell survival and function in human pancreatic isletsLuan Shu
Larry L Hillblom Islet Research Center, Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Diabetes 57:645-53. 2008..Genome-wide association studies reveal that common variants in transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) are associated with increased risk of type 2 diabetes...
- Evaluation of a variant in the transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) gene and prostate cancer risk in a population-based studyIlir Agalliu
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Prostate 68:740-7. 2008Transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) is a high mobility group-box containing protein that is a critical member of the Wnt/beta-catenin canonical signaling pathway...
- Transcription factor 7-like 2 polymorphism and colon cancerMartha L Slattery
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:978-82. 2008Polymorphisms of the transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) gene have been associated with insulin sensitivity and diabetes, and the TCF7L2 gene is involved in the Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway, all factors thought to be important in ..
- Association between insulin secretion, insulin sensitivity and type 2 diabetes susceptibility variants identified in genome-wide association studiesStephanie May Ruchat
Department of Preventive Medicine, Laval University, Quebec City, QC, Canada
Acta Diabetol 46:217-26. 2009..We analysed 23 SNPs in 9 T2DM genes (CDKAL1, CDKN2B, HHEX/IDE, IGF2BP2, KCNJ11, SLC30A8, TCF2, TCF7L2 and WFS1) in a maximum of 712 men and women from the Quebec Family Study...
- A map of open chromatin in human pancreatic isletsKyle J Gaulton
Department of Genetics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Nat Genet 42:255-9. 2010..We mapped sequence variants to open chromatin sites and found that rs7903146, a TCF7L2 intronic variant strongly associated with type 2 diabetes, is located in islet-selective open chromatin...
- Use of diverse electronic medical record systems to identify genetic risk for type 2 diabetes within a genome-wide association studyAbel N Kho
Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 19:212-8. 2012..The aim of this study was to identify type 2 diabetes (T2D) cases and controls for a GWAS, using data captured through routine clinical care across five institutions using different electronic medical record (EMR) systems...
- The type 2 diabetes-associated variant in TCF7L2 is associated with latent autoimmune diabetes in adult Europeans and the gene effect is modified by obesity: a meta-analysis and an individual studyK Lukacs
1st Department of Paediatrics, Semmelweis University, Bókay u 53 54, 1083 Budapest, Hungary
Diabetologia 55:689-93. 2012The variants of transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) gene have been proposed to be associated with latent autoimmune diabetes in adults (LADA)...
- Adipose tissue TCF7L2 splicing is regulated by weight loss and associates with glucose and fatty acid metabolismDorota Kaminska
Institute of Public Health and Clinical Nutrition, University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio, Finland
Diabetes 61:2807-13. 2012We investigated the effects of obesity surgery-induced weight loss on transcription factor 7-like 2 gene (TCF7L2) alternative splicing in adipose tissue and liver...
- Replication of genetic variants from genome-wide association studies with metabolic traits in an island population of the Adriatic coast of CroatiaRebekah Karns
Department of Environmental Health, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0056, USA
Eur J Hum Genet 19:341-6. 2011..The strongest associations were found between the two TCF7L2 GWAS SNPs with fasting plasma glucose and HbA1c levels, all four P-values remained significant after permutation ..
- Association of a common variant in TCF7L2 gene with type 2 diabetes mellitus in a Persian populationAbbasali Palizban
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Isfahan Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Centre, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, I R Iran
Clin Exp Med 12:115-9. 2012..Odds ratio adjusted for age, sex, and BMI have shown similar results. The results show that rs7903146 of TCF7L2 gene is an important susceptibility gene for T2D mellitus in the province of Isfahan, Iran...
- Association study of genetic variants in eight genes/loci with type 2 diabetes in a Han Chinese populationYing Lin
Center for Human Molecular Biology and Genetics, Sichuan Academy of Medical Sciences and Sichuan Provincial People s Hospital, Chengdu, Sichuan, China
BMC Med Genet 11:97. 2010..Nineteen single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) from the eight genes/loci including TCF7L2, HHEX, CDKAL1, SLC30A8, PPARG, IGF2BP2, KCNJ11, and CDKN2A/CDKN2B were genotyped in 1,529 cases and 1,439 controls ..
- Positive inter-regulation between beta-catenin/T cell factor-4 signaling and endothelin-1 signaling potentiates proliferation and survival of prostate cancer cellsPing Sun
Burnham Institute for Medical Research, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Mol Pharmacol 69:520-31. 2006..The positive inter-regulation between beta-cat/Tcf-4 signaling and ET-1 signaling potentiates proliferation and survival of CaP cells, thereby representing a novel mechanism that contributes to CaP progression...
- A genetic variation of the transcription factor 7-like 2 gene is associated with risk of type 2 diabetes in the Japanese populationM Horikoshi
Department of Metabolic Diseases, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Hongo 7 3 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 8655, Japan
Diabetologia 50:747-51. 2007It has been suggested that transcription factor 7-like 2 protein (TCF7L2) plays an important role in glucose metabolism by regulating the production level of glucagon-like peptide-1, a hormone which modifies glucose-dependent insulin ..
- Genome-wide association analysis identifies loci for type 2 diabetes and triglyceride levelsRicha Saxena
Broad Institute of Harvard and Massachusetts Institute of Technology MIT, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Science 316:1331-6. 2007..The discovery of associated variants in unsuspected genes and outside coding regions illustrates the ability of genome-wide association studies to provide potentially important clues to the pathogenesis of common diseases...
- TCF7L2 regulates late events in insulin secretion from pancreatic islet beta-cellsGabriela Da Silva Xavier
Section of Cell Biology, Division of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London, UK
Diabetes 58:894-905. 2009Polymorphisms in the human TCF7L2 gene are associated with reduced insulin secretion and an increased risk of type 2 diabetes. However, the mechanisms by which TCF7L2 affect insulin secretion are still unclear...
- T-cell factor 4 functions as a tumor suppressor whose disruption modulates colon cell proliferation and tumorigenesisMelinda L Angus-Hill
Department of Human Genetics, and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:4914-9. 2011..Misregulation of this pathway is thought to initiate colon adenoma formation. It is controversial whether Tcf4 (Tcf7L2) functions as an oncogene or tumor suppressor gene in colon carcinogenesis...
- Expression of the transcription factor 7-like 2 gene (TCF7L2) in human adipocytes is down regulated by insulinMaja Ahlzén
Department of Clinical Sciences Malmo, Clinical Obesity, Entrance 72, Building 91, Floor 12, CRC, Lund University, Malmo University Hospital, S 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 370:49-52. 2008Variants in the TCF7L2 gene (transcription factor 7-like 2) have shown strong association with type 2 diabetes with two defined risk haplotypes, HapA and HapB(T2D). TCF7L2 may play a role in both glucose homeostasis and adipogenesis...
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids modulate the effect of TCF7L2 gene variants on postprandial lipemiaDaruneewan Warodomwichit
Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Nutr 139:439-46. 2009The transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) has been recently associated with diabetes risk, and it may exert its effect through metabolic syndrome (MetS)-related traits and be subjected to modification by environmental factors...
- Genetic variants of TCF7L2 are associated with insulin resistance and related metabolic phenotypes in Taiwanese adolescents and Caucasian young adultsPi Hua Liu
Research Center for Genes, Environment, and Human Health, Institute of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, National Taiwan University, Taipei 100, Taiwan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:3575-82. 2009The effect of TCF7L2 rs7903146 on glucose homeostasis is considered primarily due to impaired insulin secretion in European populations...
- A variant in the transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) gene is associated with an increased risk of gestational diabetes mellitusN Shaat
Department of Clinical Sciences Diabetes and Endocrinology, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Diabetologia 50:972-9. 2007..Our aim was to investigate whether common genetic variants that have previously been associated with type 2 diabetes or related phenotypes would also confer risk for gestational diabetes mellitus...
- TCF7L2 is reproducibly associated with type 2 diabetes in various ethnic groups: a global meta-analysisStephane Cauchi
CNRS, 8090, Institute of Biology, Pasteur Institute, Lille, 59000, France
J Mol Med (Berl) 85:777-82. 2007b>TCF7L2 variants have been consistently associated with type 2 diabetes (T2D) in populations of different ethnic descent...
- Regulation of smooth muscle cell proliferation by beta-catenin/T-cell factor signaling involves modulation of cyclin D1 and p21 expressionHelen Quasnichka
Bristol Heart Institute, Level 7, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Upper Maudlin St Bristol, UK
Circ Res 99:1329-37. 2006..We therefore suggest that the N-cadherin and beta-catenin/TCF signaling pathway is a key modulator of VSMC proliferation via regulation of these 2 beta-catenin/TCF responsive genes...
- Decreased TCF7L2 protein levels in type 2 diabetes mellitus correlate with downregulation of GIP- and GLP-1 receptors and impaired beta-cell functionLuan Shu
Islet Biology Laboratory, Centre for Biomolecular Interactions Bremen, University of Bremen, Bremen, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 18:2388-99. 2009Recent human genetics studies have revealed that common variants of the TCF7L2 (T-cell factor 7-like 2, formerly known as TCF4) gene are strongly associated with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM)...
- High β-catenin/Tcf-4 activity confers glioma progression via direct regulation of AKT2 gene expressionJunxia Zhang
Department of Neurosurgery, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, Laboratory of Neuro Oncology, Tianjin Neurological Institute, Tianjin 300052, China
Neuro Oncol 13:600-9. 2011..Taken together, we have demonstrated that Tcf-4 is associated with glioma progression and that AKT2 is a new member of the genes that are regulated by β-catenin/Tcf-4...
- Role of TCF7L2 risk variant and dietary fibre intake on incident type 2 diabetesG Hindy
Department of Clinical Sciences in Malmo, Lund University, Clinical Research Center, Malmo, Sweden
Diabetologia 55:2646-54. 2012The T allele of transcription factor 7-like 2 gene variant, TCF7L2 rs7903146, increases the risk of type 2 diabetes by 40-50%...
- HIC1 attenuates Wnt signaling by recruitment of TCF-4 and beta-catenin to the nuclear bodiesTomas Valenta
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
EMBO J 25:2326-37. 2006..These data indicate that the intracellular amounts of HIC1 protein can modulate the level of the transcriptional stimulation of the genes regulated by canonical Wnt/beta-catenin signaling...
- TCF7L2 polymorphisms modulate proinsulin levels and beta-cell function in a British Europid populationRuth J F Loos
Medical Research Council Epidemiology Unit, Strangeways Research Laboratory, Cambridge, UK
Diabetes 56:1943-7. 2007..We examined the association between four TCF7L2 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), including rs7903146, and measures of insulin sensitivity and insulin ..
- TCF7L2 genetic variants and progression to diabetes in the Chinese population: pleiotropic effects on insulin secretion and insulin resistanceYi Cheng Chang
Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital Yunlin Branch, Douliou, Yunlin, Taiwan
J Mol Med (Berl) 88:183-92. 2010b>TCF7L2 genetic variants were associated with progression to type 2 diabetes in Europeans. However, the role of TCF7L2 in type 2 diabetes remained uncertain in Chinese...
- Association of TCF7L2 SNPs with age at onset of type 2 diabetes and proinsulin/insulin ratio but not with glucagon-like peptide 1Guenther Silbernagel
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetology, Nephrology, Vascular Disease, and Clinical Chemistry, Eberhard Karls University Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 27:499-505. 2011Variants in TCF7L2 have been associated with the age at onset of type 2 diabetes in Mexican Americans. However, there is a lack of data on this relationship in Caucasians...
- Incretin and pancreatic hormone secretion in Caucasian non-diabetic carriers of the TCF7L2 rs7903146 risk T alleleK Faerch
Steno Diabetes Center, Gentofte, Denmark
Diabetes Obes Metab 15:91-5. 2013..middle-aged, Caucasians with and without the T risk allele of rs7903146 in transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) with regard to secretion of insulin, glucagon, glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP), glucagon-like ..
- Loss of exon 4 in a human T-cell factor-4 isoform promotes hepatic tumourigenicityYoshito Tomimaru
Liver Research Center, Rhode Island Hospital and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
Liver Int 33:1536-48. 2013....
- Impact of nine common type 2 diabetes risk polymorphisms in Asian Indian Sikhs: PPARG2 (Pro12Ala), IGF2BP2, TCF7L2 and FTO variants confer a significant riskDharambir K Sanghera
Department of Pediatrics, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
BMC Med Genet 9:59. 2008..2A (CDKN2A; rs10811661); hematopoietically expressed homeobox (HHEX; rs 1111875); transcription factor-7-like 2 (TCF7L2; rs 10885409); potassium inwardly rectifying channel subfamily J member 11(KCNJ11; rs 5219); and fat mass obesity-..
- Confirmation of multiple risk Loci and genetic impacts by a genome-wide association study of type 2 diabetes in the Japanese populationFumihiko Takeuchi
Department of Medical Ecology and Informatics, Research Institute, International Medical Center of Japan, Tokyo, Japan
Diabetes 58:1690-9. 2009..To identify novel type 2 diabetes gene variants and confirm previously identified ones, a three-staged genome-wide association study was performed in the Japanese population...
- Association of a common variant in TCF7L2 gene with type 2 diabetes mellitus in the Palestinian populationSuheir Ereqat
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical School, Al Quds University, Jerusalem, Palestine
Acta Diabetol 47:195-8. 2010..We examined the association of rs7903146 variant in the transcription factor 7 like 2 gene (TCF7L2) with T2DM in 333 Palestinian subjects (219 were type 2 diabetic patients and 114 ..
- Impact of common variants of PPARG, KCNJ11, TCF7L2, SLC30A8, HHEX, CDKN2A, IGF2BP2, and CDKAL1 on the risk of type 2 diabetes in 5,164 IndiansGanesh Chauhan
Functional Genomics Unit, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology CSIR, Delhi, India
Diabetes 59:2068-74. 2010Common variants in PPARG, KCNJ11, TCF7L2, SLC30A8, HHEX, CDKN2A, IGF2BP2, and CDKAL1 genes have been shown to be associated with type 2 diabetes in European populations by genome-wide association studies...
- Identification of T-cell factor-4 isoforms that contribute to the malignant phenotype of hepatocellular carcinoma cellsOrkhontuya Tsedensodnom
Liver Research Center, Rhode Island Hospital and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Exp Cell Res 317:920-31. 2011..Thus, these studies suggest that conserved splicing motifs may have a major influence on the transcriptional activity and functional properties of TCF-4 isoforms and alter the characteristics of the malignant phenotype...
- TCF7L2 gene polymorphisms and type 2 diabetes: association with diabetic retinopathy and cardiovascular autonomic neuropathyCinzia Ciccacci
Department of Biomedicine and Prevention, Section of Medical Genetics, School of Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata, 00133, Rome, Italy
Acta Diabetol 50:789-99. 2013..Common polymorphisms in TCF7L2 gene have shown to have a strong effect with respect to many other involved genes...
- Replication study for the association of TCF7L2 with susceptibility to type 2 diabetes in a Japanese populationT Hayashi
Laboratory for Diabetic Nephropathy, SNP Research Centre, The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, Yokohama, Kanagawa 230 0045, Japan
Diabetologia 50:980-4. 2007The transcription factor 7-like 2 gene (TCF7L2) has been shown to be strongly associated with an increased risk of type 2 diabetes in white populations...
- Assessing the combined impact of 18 common genetic variants of modest effect sizes on type 2 diabetes riskHana Lango
Genetics of Complex Traits, Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Science, Peninsula Medical School, Exeter, UK
Diabetes 57:3129-35. 2008..Here, we assess the ability of 18 confirmed type 2 diabetes variants to differentiate between type 2 diabetic case and control subjects...
- A susceptibility gene for type 2 diabetes confers substantial risk for diabetes complicating cystic fibrosisS M Blackman
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Diabetologia 52:1858-65. 2009..We sought to assess whether genes conferring risk for diabetes in the general population may play a risk modifying role in CF...
- Molecular function of TCF7L2: Consequences of TCF7L2 splicing for molecular function and risk for type 2 diabetesOla Hansson
Department of Clinical Sciences, CRC, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Curr Diab Rep 10:444-51. 2010b>TCF7L2 harbors the variant with the strongest effect on type 2 diabetes (T2D) identified to date, yet the molecular mechanism as to how variation in the gene increases the risk for developing T2D remains elusive...
- TCF7L2 polymorphism, weight loss and proinsulin:insulin ratio in the diabetes prevention programJeanne M McCaffery
The Biostatistics Center, The George Washington University, Rockville, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e21518. 2011b>TCF7L2 variants have been associated with type 2 diabetes, body mass index (BMI), and deficits in proinsulin processing and insulin secretion...
- Interaction of phosphorylated c-Jun with TCF4 regulates intestinal cancer developmentAbdolrahman S Nateri
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, CR UK London Research Institute, Lincoln s Inn Fields Laboratories, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, UK
Nature 437:281-5. 2005..Here we show that phosphorylated c-Jun interacts with the HMG-box transcription factor TCF4 to form a ternary complex containing c-Jun, TCF4 and beta-catenin...
- Transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) variant is associated with familial breast cancer risk: a case-control studyBarbara Burwinkel
Helmholtz University Group Molecular Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center, DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Cancer 6:268. 2006The transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) is a critical component of the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway. Aberrant TCF7L2 expression modifies Wnt signaling and mediates oncogenic effects through the upregulation of c-MYC and cyclin D...
- Haplotypes of transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) gene and its upstream region are associated with type 2 diabetes and age of onset in Mexican AmericansDonna M Lehman
Department of Medicine Clinical Epidemiology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Diabetes 56:389-93. 2007b>TCF7L2 acts as both a repressor and transactivator of genes, as directed by the Wnt signaling pathway...
- The Wnt signaling pathway effector TCF7L2 and type 2 diabetes mellitusTianru Jin
Department of Medicine, Physiology, and Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Mol Endocrinol 22:2383-92. 2008Since the relationship between TCF7L2 (also known as TCF-4) polymorphisms and type 2 diabetes mellitus was identified in 2006, extensive genome-wide association examinations in different ethnic groups have further confirmed this ..
- TCF7L2 variant rs7903146 affects the risk of type 2 diabetes by modulating incretin actionDennis T Villareal
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Diabetes 59:479-85. 2010Common variants in the gene TCF7L2 confer the largest effect on the risk of type 2 diabetes. The present study was undertaken to increase our understanding of the mechanisms by which this gene affects type 2 diabetes risk.
- Combining information from common type 2 diabetes risk polymorphisms improves disease predictionMichael N Weedon
Department of Diabetes Research and Vascular Medicine, Peninsula Medical School, Exeter, United Kingdom
PLoS Med 3:e374. 2006..The value of analyzing multiple alleles simultaneously is not well studied. This is often because, for any given disease, very few common risk alleles have been confirmed...
- Genotype score in addition to common risk factors for prediction of type 2 diabetesJames B Meigs
General Medicine Division, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
N Engl J Med 359:2208-19. 2008..We tested the hypothesis that knowledge of these loci allows better prediction of risk than knowledge of common phenotypic risk factors alone...
- A direct beta-catenin-independent interaction between androgen receptor and T cell factor 4Avital L Amir
Cancer Biology Program, Hematology Oncology Division, The Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 278:30828-34. 2003..This study demonstrates that there is a direct interaction between the AR DNA binding domain (DBD) and Tcf4. Tcf4 bound specifically to a glutathione S-transferase-ARDBD fusion protein and could be coimmunoprecipitated with ..
- TCF7L2 variation predicts hyperglycemia incidence in a French general population: the data from an epidemiological study on the Insulin Resistance Syndrome (DESIR) studyStephane Cauchi
Imperial College, Section of Genomic Medicine, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London, W12 0NN, UK
Diabetes 55:3189-92. 2006Recently, case-control studies demonstrated that a TCF7L2 (transcription factor 7-like 2 gene) noncoding variant (rs7903146 T at-risk allele) was strongly associated with an increased risk of type 2 diabetes...
- Whole-grain consumption and transcription factor-7-like 2 ( TCF7L2) rs7903146: gene-diet interaction in modulating type 2 diabetes riskEva Fisher
Department of Epidemiology, German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam Rehbruecke, Nuthetal, Germany
Br J Nutr 101:478-81. 2009..Genetic variation of the transcription factor-7-like 2 encoding gene (TCF7L2) is assumed to promote an early insulin secretory defect and has been consistently attributed to the risk of ..
- The search for putative unifying genetic factors for components of the metabolic syndromeM Sjogren
Department of Clinical Sciences, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Lund University, CRC house 91, Malmo, Sweden
Diabetologia 51:2242-51. 2008....
- RUNX3 attenuates beta-catenin/T cell factors in intestinal tumorigenesisKosei Ito
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Proteos, 61 Biopolis Drive, Singapore 138673
Cancer Cell 14:226-37. 2008..Here we found that RUNX3, a gastric tumor suppressor, forms a ternary complex with beta-catenin/TCF4 and attenuates Wnt signaling activity...
- Identification of a promoter-specific transcriptional activation domain at the C terminus of the Wnt effector protein T-cell factor 4Andreas Hecht
Max Planck Institut fur Immunbiologie, Stubeweg 51, D 79108 Freiburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:3776-85. 2003..This domain influences the DNA binding properties of TCF4 and additionally mediates an interaction with the transcriptional coactivator p300...
- TCF-4 mediates cell type-specific regulation of proglucagon gene expression by beta-catenin and glycogen synthase kinase-3betaFenghua Yi
Division of Cell and Molecular Biology, Toronto General Research Institute, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 2M1, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:1457-64. 2005..We have therefore identified a unique mechanism that regulates glu expression in gut endocrine cells only. Tissue-specific expression of TCF factors thus may play a role in the diversity of the Wnt pathway...
- TCF-4 isoforms absent in TCF-4 mutated MSI-H colorectal cancer cells colocalize with nuclear CtBP and repress TCF-4-mediated transcriptionP Cuilliere-Dartigues
INSERM, U762, Paris, F 75010, France
Oncogene 25:4441-8. 2006..They also suggest a role for TCF-4 frameshift mutation during MSI-H colorectal tumour progression, by regulating the relative proportion of the different TCF-4 isoforms...
- Common variants in the TCF7L2 gene are strongly associated with type 2 diabetes mellitus in the Indian populationG R Chandak
Genome Research Group, Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, India
Diabetologia 50:63-7. 2007..Common non-coding variants in the transcription factor 7-like 2 gene (TCF7L2) have recently been strongly associated with increased risk of type 2 diabetes in European populations...
- Association of 18 confirmed susceptibility loci for type 2 diabetes with indices of insulin release, proinsulin conversion, and insulin sensitivity in 5,327 nondiabetic Finnish menAlena Stancakova
Department of Medicine, University of Kuopio and Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
Diabetes 58:2129-36. 2009..We investigated the effects of 18 confirmed type 2 diabetes risk single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) on insulin sensitivity, insulin secretion, and conversion of proinsulin to insulin...
- NARF, an nemo-like kinase (NLK)-associated ring finger protein regulates the ubiquitylation and degradation of T cell factor/lymphoid enhancer factor (TCF/LEF)Misato Yamada
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Medical Research Institute and School of Biomedical Science, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, JST, Chiyoda ku, Japan
J Biol Chem 281:20749-60. 2006..Collectively, our findings raise the possibility that NARF functions as a novel ubiquitin-ligase to suppress the Wnt-beta-catenin signaling...
- Association of transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) variants with type 2 diabetes in a Finnish sampleLaura J Scott
Department of Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
Diabetes 55:2649-53. 2006Transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) is part of the Wnt signaling pathway. Genetic variants within TCF7L2 on chromosome 10q were recently reported to be associated with type 2 diabetes in Icelandic, Danish, and American (U.S.) samples...
- Variation in TCF7L2 and increased risk of colon cancer: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) StudyAaron R Folsom
Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Suite 300, 1300 S Second St, Minneapolis, MN 55454 1015, USA
Diabetes Care 31:905-9. 2008The purpose of this study was to determine whether a variation in the transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) gene, which influences diabetes risk, is associated with incidence of cancers.
- Association between TCF7L2 gene polymorphisms and susceptibility to type 2 diabetes mellitus: a large Human Genome Epidemiology (HuGE) review and meta-analysisYu Tong
Open laboratory, West China Second University Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, PR China
BMC Med Genet 10:15. 2009Transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) has been shown to be associated with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2MD) in multiple ethnic groups in the past two years, but, contradictory results were reported for Chinese and Pima Indian populations...
- KCNJ11 Lys23Glu and TCF7L2 rs290487(C/T) polymorphisms affect therapeutic efficacy of repaglinide in Chinese patients with type 2 diabetesM Yu
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Hunan Key Laboratory of Pharmacogenetics, Central South University, Hunan, People s Republic of China
Clin Pharmacol Ther 87:330-5. 2010This study showed that the polymorphisms KCNJ11 Lys23Glu and TCF7L2 rs290487(C/T) are associated with a heightened risk of developing type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM)...
- Detailed physiologic characterization reveals diverse mechanisms for novel genetic Loci regulating glucose and insulin metabolism in humansErik Ingelsson
Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Diabetes 59:1266-75. 2010..1 x 10(-71)). Defects in insulin processing and insulin secretion were seen in glucose-raising allele carriers at TCF7L2, SCL30A8, GIPR, and C2CD4B...
- Association analysis of 6,736 U.K. subjects provides replication and confirms TCF7L2 as a type 2 diabetes susceptibility gene with a substantial effect on individual riskChristopher J Groves
Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Churchill Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 7LJ, UK
Diabetes 55:2640-4. 2006Recent data suggest that common variation in the transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) gene is associated with type 2 diabetes...
- All Tcf HMG box transcription factors interact with Groucho-related co-repressorsH Brantjes
Department of Immunology, University Medical Center Utrecht, PO Box 85500, 3508 GA, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Nucleic Acids Res 29:1410-9. 2001..Although Grg-5 contains the GP homology domain that mediates HDAC binding in long Grg proteins, Grg-5 fails to bind this co-repressor, explaining how it can de-repress transcription...
- Upregulation of TCF4 expression as a transcriptional target of beta-catenin/p300 complexes during trans-differentiation of endometrial carcinoma cellsMakoto Saegusa
Department of Pathology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Kitasato, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
Lab Invest 85:768-79. 2005..initial signal for trans-differentiation toward the squamoid phenotype of endometrial carcinoma (Em Ca) cells in a TCF4-dependent manner, which makes this a possible factor for a positive prognosis...
- Variant of transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) gene and the risk of type 2 diabetes in large cohorts of U.S. women and menCuilin Zhang
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Diabetes 55:2645-8. 2006Emerging evidence indicates that variation in the transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) gene may play a role in the pathogenesis of type 2 diabetes...
- Common single nucleotide polymorphisms in TCF7L2 are reproducibly associated with type 2 diabetes and reduce the insulin response to glucose in nondiabetic individualsRicha Saxena
Program in Medical and Population Genetics, Broad Institute of Harvard and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MA, USA
Diabetes 55:2890-5. 2006Recently, common noncoding variants in the TCF7L2 gene were strongly associated with increased risk of type 2 diabetes in samples from Iceland, Denmark, and the U.S...
- TCF7L2 polymorphisms are associated with type 2 diabetes in northern SwedenSofia Mayans
Division of Medical and Clinical Genetics, Department of Medical Biosciences, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Eur J Hum Genet 15:342-6. 2007..study found association of one microsatellite and five single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in intron 3 of the TCF7L2 gene with type 2 diabetes (T2D) in the Icelandic, Danish and American populations...
- Ku70 and poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 competitively regulate beta-catenin and T-cell factor-4-mediated gene transactivation: possible linkage of DNA damage recognition and Wnt signalingMasashi Idogawa
Chemotherapy Division and ADP Ribosylation in Oncology Project, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Cancer Res 67:911-8. 2007..Identification of the functional interaction of Ku70 as well as PARP-1 with the TCF-4 and beta-catenin transcriptional complex may provide insights into a novel linkage between DNA damage recognition/repair and Wnt signaling...
- Variants of transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) gene predict conversion to type 2 diabetes in the Finnish Diabetes Prevention Study and are associated with impaired glucose regulation and impaired insulin secretionJ Wang
Department of Medicine, University of Kuopio and Kuopio University Hospital, 70210 Kuopio, Finland
Diabetologia 50:1192-200. 2007We investigated the association of variants of the transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) gene with: (1) incident diabetes in the Finnish Diabetes Prevention Study (DPS, Study I); (2) type 2 diabetes and impaired glucose regulation (i.e...
- Type 2 diabetes TCF7L2 risk genotypes alter birth weight: a study of 24,053 individualsRachel M Freathy
Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Science, Peninsula Medical School, Exeter, UK
Am J Hum Genet 80:1150-61. 2007..We aimed to assess the role of the recently described type 2 diabetes gene TCF7L2 in birth weight...
- The TCF7L2 locus and type 1 diabetesHui Qi Qu
Endocrine Genetics Lab, The McGill University Health Center, Montreal Children s Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
BMC Med Genet 8:51. 2007b>TCF7L2 belongs to a subfamily of TCF7-like HMG box-containing transcription factors, and maps to human chromosome 10q25.3...
- Disparate genetic influences on polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and type 2 diabetes revealed by a lack of association between common variants within the TCF7L2 gene and PCOST M Barber
Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Churchill Hospital, Old Road, Headington, Oxford OX3 7LJ, UK
Diabetologia 50:2318-22. 2007Common variants of the gene encoding transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) have a powerful effect on individual risk of type 2 diabetes (per allele odds ratio approximately 1.35)...
- Wange Lu; Fiscal Year: 2016..In two of them single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) affected TCF7L2 and FoxA1 binding, respectively and in the latter androgen-dependent enhancer activity...
- MICHAEL L CAMILLERI; Fiscal Year: 2014..g. fat mass and obesity-associated gene, FTO) or type II diabetes mellitus (DM, e.g. TCF7L2)...
- Struan F A Grant; Fiscal Year: 2016..In particular, no evidence has been found for the role of the major T2D gene, TCF7L2, in T1D;however, and somewhat at odds with current thinking, TCF7L2 is strongly associated with latent autoimmune ..
- ANDREA BRIDGET KELLY; Fiscal Year: 2016..Genome-wide association studies have associated genetic variants in TCF7L2, a transcription factor implicated in enteroendocrine function, with increased susceptibility to T2D and CFRD...
- William S Yancy; Fiscal Year: 2015..They will also provide cheek tissue samples for genetic testing of TCF7L2, PPARG, and KCNJ11, three genes that confer elevated risk for development of T2DM...
- REGULATION OF HEPATIC INSULIN EXTRACTIONKenneth S Polonsky; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose to study the T2DM-associated genes KCNJ11, TCF7L2, KCNQ1, CDKAL1, IGF2BP2 and SLC30A8 since it appears that diabetes-associated variants in these genes increase ..
- CHARLES ALFRED STANLEY; Fiscal Year: 2016..genes, including the novel gene on 10q that will be identified in Aim 1, HADH/SCHAD, SLC16A1/MCT-1, TCF1/HNF1, TCF4/HNF4, SIR2L4/SIRT4, and others...
- Epidemiologic Studies of Type 2 Diabetes in Normal Weight AdultsMERCEDES RENEE CARNETHON; Fiscal Year: 2010..By investigating the presence of an interaction between obesity and established genes for T2DM (PPARG, KCNJ11 and TCF7L2) in association with T2DM, we can begin to unravel the mechanisms by which these candidate genes are associated ..
- Gabrielle Kardon; Fiscal Year: 2016..We identified that the transcription factor Tcf4 (Tcf7L2) is strongly expressed in adult connective tissue fibroblasts and in their precursors in the embryo...
- Pathways regulating plasmacytoid dendritic cells in Peyers PatchesStephanie S Watowich; Fiscal Year: 2013..will be examined by transplant experiments with BM progenitors from Stat1-/-, STAT3-deficient, Ifnar-/- or Tcf4-/- (E2-2-deficient) mice in steady state or in response to cytokines that elicit BM and spleen pDC generation (i.e...
- Mechanisms of gastrointestinal cell responses to Notch SignalingTae Hee Kim; Fiscal Year: 2013..I will analyze genome-wide binding of the secretory transcription factors Atoh1 and Tcf4, and test specific mechanistic hypotheses regarding their interactions in cell replication and in differentiation ..
- Elaine Fuchs; Fiscal Year: 2016..In HF-SCs, two family members-- Tcf3 and Tcf4--are co-expressed, where they function redundantly to repress differentiation in the absence of Wnt signaling and ..
- Molecular Control of Shh-Gli Signaling in the Vertebrate CNSMichael P Matise; Fiscal Year: 2010..The experiments in Aim 1 will address the requirement for Tcf4, a key transcriptional regulator of canonical Wnt signaling, in neural development by examining targeted Tcf4 mouse ..
- Functional characterization of pathways regulated by schizophrenia gene TCF4JOSEPH LOUIE MCCLAY; Fiscal Year: 2013..Arguably, the most exceptional empirical evidence is for TCF4 (transcription factor 4), a gene that consistently ranked among the top findings in the largest schizophrenia ..
- QING R LU; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our recent work together with others identified a Wnt/beta-catenin effector TCF7l2 as a new essential transcription factor for OPC differentiation...
- Marian L Waterman; Fiscal Year: 2016..These studies could provide new insights into mechanisms regulating early human development. ..
- Sonia Caprio; Fiscal Year: 2014..The specific aims are: Aim 1: A) To examine the relationships between a panel of 16 gene variants (TCF7L2, PPARG, FTO, KCNJ11, NOTCH2, WFS1, CDKAL1, IGF2BP2, SLC30A8, JAZF1, HHEX, CDC123/CAMK1D, WFS1, TSPAN8/LGR5, THADA, ..
- Programming dendritic cells to induce tolerogenic response and suppress brain infSanthakumar Manicassamy; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed studies will provide a rationale for the development of an entirely new class of agents that may have significant therapeutic impact in treating MS. ..
- Ramesh A Shivdasani; Fiscal Year: 2016..in gut epithelial progenitors, we will test the hypothesis that Atoh1 steers the Wnt-effector transcription factor Tcf4 away from cis-elements of proliferative genes and toward those of a Wnt- dependent secretory cell program...
- Growth Factor Signaling in Intestinal DevelopmentSteven Cohn; Fiscal Year: 2009..The operant FGFR3 signaling pathways in intestinal epithelial cell lines, especially those impinging on TCF-4, will be investigated using a combination of biochemical and molecular approaches. ..
- LEF/TCF Function in Adult Stem Cell Fate and TumorigenesisStephen R Lyle; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Sudha K Iyengar; Fiscal Year: 2015..g. smoking) and genotype-phenotype correlations at interesting loci (e.g. TCF4)...
- Hoang Nguyen; Fiscal Year: 2014..Tcf3 and Tcf4 are HMG transcription factor members that either can activate gene transcription when bound to 2-catenin, or can ..
- Mouse Models of Sporadic Colorectal CancerMELINDA ANGUS-HILL; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Tcf4 is a member of the Tcf/Lef family of transcription factors...
- Virus/host interaction in HIV neuropathogenesisLISA JANE HENDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2012..Greater understanding of the relationship between Beta-catenin signaling and HIV infection could lead to identification of new strategies to treat HIV infection in the CNS. ..
- Marian L Waterman; Fiscal Year: 2015..This project investigates basic mechanisms of TCF localization and gene targeting and asks how differences in these attributes contribute to the cancer cell phenotype. ..
- Adrian Vella; Fiscal Year: 2016..Of the various common genetic variants associated with type 2 diabetes that in TCF7L2, has the strongest effect on disease predisposition and might provide insight into various diverse mechanisms that ..
- Analysis of Fatty Liver in the Framingham Heart Study CohortElizabeth K Speliotes; Fiscal Year: 2012..obesity- or diabetes-associated single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the genes INSIG2, KCNJ11, PPARG, and TCF7L2 are independently associated with fatty liver using multivariable regression techniques. B...
- The role of Pdcd4 in colorectal tumor progressionHsin Sheng Yang; Fiscal Year: 2013..of uPAR and c-Myc as the target genes of 2-catenin/Tcf dependent transcription, and inhibition of 2-catenin/Tcf4 dependent transcription and its target gene expression by over-expressing Pdcd4...
- Marcelo A Nobrega; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This proposal aims to functionally determine the roles that Tcf7l2 play on glucose metabolism...
- Kishore K Wary; Fiscal Year: 2016..how LPP3 promotes b-catenin- mediated transcriptional activation of T-cell factor-4/lymphoid enhancer factor-1 (TCF4/LEF-1) target genes...
- The role of MTGR1 in intestinal biology and inflammationChristopher S Williams; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have found that MTG proteins bind TCF4 and repress WNT signal transduction resulting in de-regulation of TCF4 targets...
- Genetic modifiers of diabetes in cystic fibrosisScott M Blackman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Indeed, we have shown that a susceptibility gene for type 2 diabetes, TCF7L2, is associated with increased risk for diabetes in CF in two independent study groups...
- Mechanism of Myostatin ActionShalendar Bhasin; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will determine whether myostatin down regulates TCF4 transcription and whether inhibition of TCF4 by dominant negative cDNA blocks myostatin effects on hMSC ..
- SEAN VAHRAM TAVTIGIAN; Fiscal Year: 2014..with a focus on events related to decreased retinoic acid production, excess signaling through EGFR, LEF1, TCF4 and deregulated Wnt signaling. 3...
- VENKATESWARA VINOD MOOTHA; Fiscal Year: 2016..A recent GWAS study found an association between SNPs spanning a 1 Mb region of chr 18q including TCF4/FLJ45743 and late-onset FECD, but the underlying causal variant remains elusive...
- Heinz Josef Lenz; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our central hypothesis is that increased CBP/[unreadable]-catenin/TCF4 driven transcription at the expense of p300/[unreadable]-catenin/TCF4-mediated transcription is associated with ..
- Jin Peng Szatkiewicz; Fiscal Year: 2014..of significant genome wide association for four genes which have confirmed miR-137 target sites (CACNA1C, TCF4, CSMD1, and C10orf26)...
- Mechanisms of Testosterone Effects on Body CompositionShalendar Bhasin; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will evaluate whether inhibition of beta-catenin by a silencer RNA blocks the activation of TCF4 and MyoD transcription by testosterone and DHT...
- Host signaling factors that repress HIV replicationLena Al Harthi; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies are important because they will identify host/virus interaction that can lead to the development of novel HIV therapeutics to be used alone or in combination with current anti-HIV therapy. ..
- HB-EGF's Role in Atrophic Gastritis and Gastric CancerTheodore Koh; Fiscal Year: 2002..2. Determine the role of HB-EGF expression in gastric parietal cells on gastric mucosal differentiation by creating transgenic mice that over-expression HB-EGF in parietal cells. ..
- BETA-CATENIN AND RAR INTERACT AT THE PKC ALPHA PROMOTERFrank Sinicrope; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Function of Myeloid Translocation Gene Related-1SCOTT HIEBERT; Fiscal Year: 2009..We found that Mtgr1 associates with Tcf4, but not Math1 or Hes1. TCF4 is a DNA binding factor that mediates Wnt signaling in the small intestine...
- AP4 Center for Studies on Hereditary Colorectal CancerBruce Boman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- CHARACTERIZING MURINE GI STEM CELLS: NEW MOLECULAR TOOLSBruce Boman; Fiscal Year: 2004..Here we will test one tool, GFP-Tcf4 transgenic mice...
- Identify and characterize novel Wnt pathway genesBrian Harfe; Fiscal Year: 2006..In the mouse and chick limb the PIs have shown that Tcf4 is expressed in a population of cells that surrounds differentiating muscles ("perimuscular")...
- REGULATION OF THE HUMAN INOS GENE IN SEPSIS AND TRAUMADavid Geller; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- In search of the intestinal stem cellMelissa Wong; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will determine if a signaling cascade is responsible for defining "stemness" or if a yet to be defined master regulator molecule directs synergy of the multiple pathways. ..
- Therapeutic Targeting of Beta-Catenin in Colon CancerJeffrey Drebin; Fiscal Year: 2006..will be evaluated, and compared with changes induced by upstream alterations in APC or downstream alterations in Tcf4 activity Effects of suppressing beta-catenin on spontaneous adenoma formation will be evaluated using APC-mutant ..
- Combinatorial Selection of Beta-Catenin/T Cell Factor Pathway InhibitorsDavid Gorenstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..is to identify a tight-binding and highly specific ODN that will bind to the beta-catenin binding domain of human TCF4 (TCF-CBD) to block the beta-catenin binding with TCF and/or disrupt the beta-catenin and TCF interaction...
- Defining How a Variant in TCF7L2 Confers Increased Risk for Type 2 DiabetesJennifer Hall; Fiscal Year: 2008..This genetic marker is in the TCF7L2 gene...
- Pharmacogenetics of the acute response to sulfonylurea and metformin treatment inJose Florez; Fiscal Year: 2008..for sulfonylurea medications) and common variants in the gene that encodes the transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) have been robustly associated with type 2 diabetes...
- Genetic variation in drug targets for type 2 diabetesJose Florez; Fiscal Year: 2008..This proposal should serve as the foundation for a large pharmacogenomics trial designed to evaluate the feasibility of genetically-tailored therapy in T2DM. ..
- SEX STEROID REGULATION OF IGF-I EXPRESSION IN BONEThomas McCarthy; Fiscal Year: 2003..Bone mass studies will be conducted using peripheral quantitative computer tomography, and will be correlated with basal and activated skeletal IGF-I expression. ..
- mTOR Signaling PathwaysThomas W Sturgill; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will investigate novel candidate mTOR-interacting proteins identified by MS. Finally, to understand better the mechanisms involved in mTORC2, we propose to identify pianissimo-interacting proteins. ..
- SIGNALING IN INTESTINAL CANCERLeonard H Augenlicht; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Analysis of the Chemopreventive Activity of FGN 1MARGIE CLAPPER; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- HYPERGEN-NCKari North; Fiscal Year: 2004..The resulting synthesis of ideas and amassed data permits rigorous hypothesis testing not otherwise possible and will hasten understanding of the previously elusive genetic variation responsible for disease risk. ..
- A PROSPECTIVE STUDY OF ALASKA NATIVES & AMERICAN INDIANSMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2006..The AIAN cohort will serve as a resource to enhance research and training activities of AIAN students interested in health research, health education, and general public health. ..
- Coordination of Proliferation and ApoptosisLeonard Augenlicht; Fiscal Year: 2002..Understanding the mechanism by which mitochondrial function coordinates cell maturation pathways in the intestinal mucosa has profound implications for understanding tumorigenesis and for effecting chemoprevention. ..
- Phenotype-Genotype Interactions and Type 2 DiabetesJames Meigs; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results will provide a foundation for future laboratory efforts and will increase understanding of phenotype-genotype interactions in diabetes pathogenesis. ..
- BIOLOGY OF BAMACAN IN TUMORIGENESISGiancarlo Ghiselli; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) The contribution of bamacan in vivo to colon tumorigenesis by generating transgenic mice over-expressing bamacan in the intestinal epithelium. ..
- Diabetes Genes: Maternal Glycemia and Birth WeightWILLIAM LOWE; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FATTY ACID MODULATION OF COLON CELL TRANSFORMATIONLeonard Augenlicht; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NIDDM SUSCEPTIBILITY GENES IN MEXICAN AMERICANSDonna M Lehman; Fiscal Year: 2010..5 LOD support interval. Furthermore, the utilization of a novel statistical functional genomic analysis (Bayesian quantitative trait nucleotide analysis) should enhance the final stage of identifying the specific variants involved. ..
- Genetic contributors to diabetes and dyslipidemia in African AmericansMichele M Sale; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose applying this proven strategy to identify new therapeutic targets and allow translation to novel diagnostic, prevention, and treatment strategies for type 2 diabetes. ..
- DIET AND SOMATIC MUTATIONS IN COLON CANCERMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2007..e. p53, K-ras, and microsatellite instability). Differences in colon and rectal tumors will be compared. Additionally data from rectal tumors will be combined with that from colon tumors to define disease pathways. ..
- Growth Factors and Colon CancerMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study builds on a unique existing resource to study genetic and environmental associations with colorectal cancer. It will provide insight into colon cancer etiology and therefore avenues to disease prevention. ..
- Modulation of Intestinal TumorigenesisLeonard Augenlicht; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- beta-Catenin/NF-kappaBeta and Colon CancerShahid Umar; Fiscal Year: 2004..By studying a mechanistic basis of NF-kappaB and beta-catenin mediated increases in cell census, in the absence and presence of chronic inflammation, we may identify new treatment strategies for reducing cancer risk. ..
- In vivo reagents to identify functional noncoding sequences in the TCF7L2 locusMarcelo Nobrega; Fiscal Year: 2008unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): A recent report suggested that genetic variations within the TCF7L2 gene are associated with risk to develop type 2 diabetes in 3 populations...
- SITE SPECIFICITY OF GASTROINTESTINAL TUMORIGENESISLeonard Augenlicht; Fiscal Year: 2004..Lastly, using microarray analyses, the profiles of gene expression that characterize genetic and dietary modulation of risk will be defined. ..