Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TLR8
Description: toll like receptor 8
Alias: CD288, toll-like receptor 8
Publications198 found, 100 shown here
- Three novel mammalian toll-like receptors: gene structure, expression, and evolutionX Du
Scripps Research Institute, 10550 N Torrey Pines Road, IMM 31, R204, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Eur Cytokine Netw 11:362-71. 2000We describe three novel genes, encoding members of the Toll-like receptor (Tlr) family (TLR7, TLR8, and TLR9). These Tlr family members, unlike others reported to date, were identified within a genomic database...
- Species-specific recognition of single-stranded RNA via toll-like receptor 7 and 8Florian Heil
Institute of Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Hygiene, Technische Universitat Munchen, Trogerstr 9, D 81675 Munich, Germany
Science 303:1526-9. 2004..By using Toll-like receptor (TLR)-deficient mice and genetic complementation, we show that murine TLR7 and human TLR8 mediate species-specific recognition of GU-rich ssRNA...
- Different roles for human lung dendritic cell subsets in pulmonary immune defense mechanismsIngel K Demedts
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Ghent University Hospital 7K12IE, De Pintelaan 185, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 35:387-93. 2006..1 (mDC1) and myeloid dendritic cells type 2 (mDC2) express mRNA transcripts for TLR1, TLR2, TLR3, TLR4, TLR6, and TLR8. Flow cytometric analysis demonstrated high TLR2 protein expression for mDC1 and moderate TLR4 expression for mDC2...
- The sweetness of the DNA backbone drives Toll-like receptor 9Hermann Wagner
Institut fur Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Immunologie und Hygiene, Technische Universitat Munchen, Trogerstr 30, Munchen, Germany
Curr Opin Immunol 20:396-400. 2008..TLR9 activation sequence-independently as is the case for ds RNA recognizing TLR3 and ss RNA recognizing TLR7 and TLR8. Thus evolutionary pressure might have exiled nucleic acid recognizing TLRs such as TLR9 to endosomes in order to ..
- Positive T cell co-stimulation by TLR7/8 ligands is dependent on the cellular environmentDenise Richardt-Pargmann
Pfizer Oligonucleotide Therapeutics Unit OTU, Coley Pharmaceutical GmbH, Merowingerplatz, Dusseldorf, Germany
Immunobiology 216:12-23. 2011..inhibition of T cell proliferation was most prominently seen for TLR7 ligands whereas the effects were minimal for TLR8 and TLR9 ligands indicating that the suppressive phenotype is unique only for certain TLRs...
- HIV-1 exploits innate signaling by TLR8 and DC-SIGN for productive infection of dendritic cellsSonja I Gringhuis
Center for Experimental and Molecular Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nat Immunol 11:419-26. 2010..Here we show that HIV-1 required signaling by the PRRs Toll-like receptor 8 (TLR8) and DC-SIGN for replication in dendritic cells (DCs)...
- The involvement of hypoxia-inducible factor 1 alpha in Toll-like receptor 7/8-mediated inflammatory responseSally A Nicholas
Medway School of Pharmacy, University of Kent, Kent ME4 4TB, UK
Cell Res 19:973-83. 2009..Thus, HIF-1alpha might support both cell survival and the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines upon TLR7/8 activation...
- Bruton's tyrosine kinase is a Toll/interleukin-1 receptor domain-binding protein that participates in nuclear factor kappaB activation by Toll-like receptor 4Caroline A Jefferies
Cytokine Research Group, Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology Institute, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
J Biol Chem 278:26258-64. 2003..Detailed analysis of the interaction between Btk and TLR8 demonstrates that the presence of both Box 2 and 3 motifs in the Toll/interleukin-1 receptor domain was required ..
- Toll-like receptors 7 and 8 expression is associated with poor outcome and greater inflammatory response in acute ischemic strokeDavid Brea
Clinical Neuroscience Research Laboratory, Department of Neurology, Hospital Clinico Universitario, University of Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Clin Immunol 139:193-8. 2011..Infarct volume at 4-7 days was measured on Computed Tomography imaging. TLR7 and TLR8 at different time points were independently associated with poor outcome...
- Polymorphism in 3'-untranslated region of toll-like receptor 4 gene is associated with protection from hepatitis B virus recurrence after liver transplantationL Zhou
Key Laboratory of Organ Transplantation, Zhejiang Province
Transpl Infect Dis 13:250-8. 2011..This study focused on the association between polymorphisms in the TLRs and HBV recurrence after liver transplantation in Han Chinese patients...
- The functional effects of physical interactions among Toll-like receptors 7, 8, and 9Jianyong Wang
Department of Pharmacology, 3M Pharmaceutical Division, St Paul, Minnesota 55144, USA
J Biol Chem 281:37427-34. 2006..The other TLRs that are evolutionarily closely related and highly homologous are TLR7, TLR8, and TLR9...
- Anti-HIV activity mediated by natural killer and CD8+ cells after toll-like receptor 7/8 triggeringErika Schlaepfer
Division of Infectious Diseases and Hospital Epidemiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 3:e1999. 2008..In contrast, triggering TLR8 showed a very prominent and overall very consistent effect in PBMC and tonsillar lymphoid suspension cells...
- Multiplex screening of 22 single-nucleotide polymorphisms in 7 Toll-like receptors: an association study in rheumatoid arthritisChristian Enevold
Institute for Inflammation Research, National University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Rheumatol 37:905-10. 2010..Toll-like receptors (TLR) have been implicated in the pathogenesis of arthritis. We investigated the role of functional variants of TLR in the disease phenotype and severity of rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- A novel splice variant of interleukin-1 receptor (IL-1R)-associated kinase 1 plays a negative regulatory role in Toll/IL-1R-induced inflammatory signalingNavin Rao
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, 3210 Merryfield Row, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:6521-32. 2005....
- TLR8 and TLR7 are involved in the host's immune response to human parechovirus 1Kathy Triantafilou
University of Sussex, Infection and Immunity Group, School of Life Sciences, Brighton, UK
Eur J Immunol 35:2416-23. 2005..In this study we show that mainly TLR8 and also TLR7 act as the host sensors for human parechovirus 1, a single-stranded RNA (ssRNA) virus...
- Activation of Toll-like receptors inhibits herpes simplex virus-1 infection of human neuronal cellsYu Zhou
Division of Virology, Wuhan Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Wuhan, China
J Neurosci Res 87:2916-25. 2009..Human neuronal cells expressed TLR family members 1-10 and IFN-alpha/beta. The activation of TLR3 or TLR8 by double-stranded RNA (poly-I:C) or single-stranded RNA (ssRNA) induced IFN-alpha/beta expression...
- TLR activation pathways in HIV-1-exposed seronegative individualsMara Biasin
Cattedra di Immunologia, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
J Immunol 184:2710-7. 2010..ESN individuals showed: 1) comparable percentages of CD14+/TLR4+ and CD4+/TLR8+ CD14+/TLR8+ cells; 2) higher responsiveness to poly I:C, LPS, imiquimod, and ssRNA40 stimulation, associated with ..
- Cloning and characterization of a sub-family of human toll-like receptors: hTLR7, hTLR8 and hTLR9T H Chuang
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 N Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037 USA
Eur Cytokine Netw 11:372-8. 2000..Expression of constitutively active hTLR7-9 stimulates an NF-kappaB signaling pathway indirectly supporting the contention that these receptors are involved in cellular responses to stimuli, which activate innate immunity...
- IFNs activate toll-like receptor gene expression in viral infectionsM Miettinen
Department of Microbiology, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Genes Immun 2:349-55. 2001..TLR1, TLR2, TLR4, TLR6, and TLR8 mRNAs were expressed at basal levels in macrophages...
- Human TLR7 or TLR8 independently confer responsiveness to the antiviral compound R-848Marion Jurk
Nat Immunol 3:499. 2002
- Suppression of RNA recognition by Toll-like receptors: the impact of nucleoside modification and the evolutionary origin of RNAKatalin Kariko
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Immunity 23:165-75. 2005..We show that RNA signals through human TLR3, TLR7, and TLR8, but incorporation of modified nucleosides m5C, m6A, m5U, s2U, or pseudouridine ablates activity...
- Toll-like receptor 8-mediated reversal of CD4+ regulatory T cell functionGuangyong Peng
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy and Department of Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Science 309:1380-4. 2005..receptor (TLR) 8 signaling to the control of Treg cell function, in which synthetic and natural ligands for human TLR8 can reverse Treg cell function...
- Activation of innate defense against a paramyxovirus is mediated by RIG-I and TLR7 and TLR8 in a cell-type-specific mannerJesper Melchjorsen
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Aarhus, Denmark
J Virol 79:12944-51. 2005..RIG-I for activation of an antiviral response, myeloid cells utilized both the single-stranded RNA sensing TLR7 and TLR8 and dsRNA-dependent mechanisms independent of RIG-I, TLR3, and dsRNA-activated protein kinase R to trigger this ..
- Human TLR-7-, -8-, and -9-mediated induction of IFN-alpha/beta and -lambda Is IRAK-4 dependent and redundant for protective immunity to virusesKun Yang
Laboratory of Human Genetics of Infectious Diseases, University of Paris René Descartes INSERM U550, Necker Medical School, 75015 Paris, France
Immunity 23:465-78. 2005..The TLR-7-, TLR-8-, and TLR-9-dependent induction of IFN-alpha/beta and -lambda is strictly IRAK-4 dependent and paradoxically redundant for protective immunity to most viruses in humans...
- Conserved features in the extracellular domain of human toll-like receptor 8 are essential for pH-dependent signalingRebecca J Gibbard
Biochemistry Department, University of Cambridge, 80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 281:27503-11. 2006..In this work, we have used site-directed mutagenesis to identify regions of the TLR8 extracellular domain that are required for stimulus-induced signal transduction...
- Polymorphisms in Toll-like receptor 9 influence the clinical course of HIV-1 infectionPierre Yves Bochud
Institute for Systems Biology, Seattle, Washington State, USA
AIDS 21:441-6. 2007..Toll-like receptors (TLRs) have a key role in innate immunity and mutations in the genes encoding these receptors have been associated with increased or decreased susceptibility to infections...
- Genetic polymorphisms of viral infection-associated Toll-like receptors in Chinese populationPei Lin Cheng
Department of Medical Laboratory Science and Biotechnology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Transl Res 150:311-8. 2007..single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in TLRs associated with viral infection, including TLR2, TLR3, TLR4, TLR7, TLR8, and TLR9...
- Recognition of nucleic acid and nucleic acid analogs by Toll-like receptors 7, 8 and 9Stefan Bauer
Institut fur Immunology, Philipps Universitat Marburg, BMFZ, Hans Meerweinstr 2, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Immunobiology 213:315-28. 2008..However, a role in the generation or perpetuation of autoimmune diseases such as systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) has also been suggested...
- A functional toll-like receptor 8 variant is associated with HIV disease restrictionD Y Oh
Institute of Microbiology and Hygiene, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Infect Dis 198:701-9. 2008Toll-like receptors (TLRs) play an important role in the innate immune response to pathogens. TLR8 has been found to recognize RNA derived from various viruses, including human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)...
- Association analysis identifies TLR7 and TLR8 as novel risk genes in asthma and related disordersS Møller-Larsen
Institute of Human Genetics, The Bartholin Building, University of Aarhus, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Thorax 63:1064-9. 2008..By genome scanning, evidence of linkage between chromosome Xp22 and asthma and related atopic disorders has previously been obtained. Xp22 harbours the TLR7 and TLR8 genes.
- Genetic association and expression studies indicate a role of toll-like receptor 8 in pulmonary tuberculosisSonia Davila
Infectious Diseases, Genome Institute of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
PLoS Genet 4:e1000218. 2008..We found that four polymorphisms in the TLR8 gene on chromosome X showed evidence of association with TB susceptibility in males, including a non-synonymous ..
- High-frequency haplotypes in the X chromosome locus TLR8 are associated with both CD and UC in femalesMasayuki Saruta
Inflammatory Bowel Disease Research Center, Cedars Sinai Medical Center and the UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 15:321-7. 2009..Innate immune defects have been associated with CD, specifically CARD15/NOD2. Recently, Toll-like receptor 8 (TLR8) signaling has been shown to enhance generation of both cytokines...
- Inhibitors of TLR8 reduce TNF production from human rheumatoid synovial membrane culturesSandra M Sacre
Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology Division, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London, United Kingdom
J Immunol 181:8002-9. 2008..The key observation that indicated the importance of TLR8 was the inhibition of spontaneous TNF production by imiquimod, which we discovered to be an inhibitor of TLR8...
- TLR7 and TLR8 agonists trigger different signaling pathways for human dendritic cell maturationAlexandre Larangé
Universite Paris Sud 11, INSERM UMR S 749, Faculte de Pharmacie, 92296 Chatenay Malabry, France
J Leukoc Biol 85:673-83. 2009..In particular, the intracellular TLR7 and TLR8, mediating the recognition of ssRNA by DCs, play a major role in the immune response during viral infection...
- The heterogeneous allelic repertoire of human toll-like receptor (TLR) genesPhilippe Georgel
Laboratoire d Immunogénétique Moléculaire Humaine, Centre de Recherche d Immunologie et d Hématologie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
PLoS ONE 4:e7803. 2009..Hence this work depicts a first overview of the diversity of almost all human TLR genes, a prelude for large-scale population genetics as well as genetic association studies...
- Triggering of TLR7 and TLR8 expressed by human lung cancer cells induces cell survival and chemoresistanceJulien Cherfils-Vicini
Inserm U872, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Paris, France
J Clin Invest 120:1285-97. 2010..Here we have demonstrated expression of TLR7 and TLR8, the natural receptors for single-stranded RNA, by tumor cells in human lung cancer in situ and in human lung tumor ..
- Genetic modulation of TLR8 response following bacterial phagocytosisMichael P Gantier
Centre for Cancer Research, Monash Institute of Medical Research, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Hum Mutat 31:1069-79. 2010Human Toll-like receptors (TLRs) TLR7, TLR8, and TLR9 are important immune sensors of foreign nucleic acids encountered by phagocytes...
- TLR7/8/9 polymorphisms and their associations in systemic lupus erythematosus patients from southern BrazilB P dos Santos
Laboratory of Immunogenetics, Department of Genetics, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Lupus 21:302-9. 2012..We analyzed the frequency of TLR7 rs179008, TLR8 rs3764880, TLR9 rs5743836 and rs352140 in 370 patients with SLE and 415 healthy controls from southern Brazil...
- Toll-like receptors 7, 8, and 9 expression and function in primary human cervical cancer Langerhans cells: evidence of anergyMahesh M Kumar
Department of Microbiology, Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore, India
Int J Gynecol Cancer 23:184-92. 2013..We explored the status of expression and function of TLR7, TLR8, and TLR9 in primary human Langerhans cells (LCs) isolated from cervical tumors.
- Structural reorganization of the Toll-like receptor 8 dimer induced by agonistic ligandsHiromi Tanji
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Science 339:1426-9. 2013Toll-like receptor 7 (TLR7) and TLR8 recognize single-stranded RNA and initiate innate immune responses...
- Selection of molecular structure and delivery of RNA oligonucleotides to activate TLR7 versus TLR8 and to induce high amounts of IL-12p70 in primary human monocytesAndrea Ablasser
Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Pharmacology, University Hospital, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
J Immunol 182:6824-33. 2009..In monocytes, the response to RNA oligonucleotides was mediated by either TLR8 or RIG-I...
- Identification, characterization and genetic mapping of TLR7, TLR8a1 and TLR8a2 genes in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)Yniv Palti
United States Department of Agriculture, Agriculture Research Service, National Center for Cool and Cold Water Aquaculture, Kearneysville, WV 25430, USA
Dev Comp Immunol 34:219-33. 2010..Herein, we identify and describe the rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) TLR7 and TLR8 gene orthologs and their mRNA expression...
- Synergism of Toll-like receptor-induced interleukin-12p70 secretion by monocyte-derived dendritic cells is mediated through p38 MAPK and lowers the threshold of T-helper cell type 1 responsesHermann R Bohnenkamp
Cancer Research UK, Breast Cancer Biology Group, Thomas Guy House, 3rd Floor, Guy s Hospital, London SE1 9RT, UK
Cell Immunol 247:72-84. 2007..The combination of TLR3 (poly I:C) or TLR4 (LPS) engagement with TLR8 (R848) ligation induced synergistic effects on cytokine production with a boost especially in IL-12p70 secretion...
- Investigating Toll-like receptor agonists for potential to treat hepatitis C virus infectionAmy Thomas
Discovery Biology IPC424, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Sandwich, Kent, UK
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:2969-78. 2007..Antiviral activity of TLR7 and TLR8 agonists was blocked by an antibody that binds to the type I interferon receptor, confirming that the antiviral ..
- Synthetic oligoribonucleotides containing arabinonucleotides act as agonists of TLR7 and 8Tao Lan
Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 167 Sidney Street, Cambridge, MA 02139, United States
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 19:2044-7. 2009..we have synthesized novel SIMRA compounds incorporating arabinonucleotides to study their effects on TLR7 and TLR8 activation...
- TLR7 and TLR8 ligands and antiphospholipid antibodies show synergistic effects on the induction of IL-1beta and caspase-1 in monocytes and dendritic cellsJulia Hurst
Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University, Lagenbeckstr 1, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Immunobiology 214:683-91. 2009..We investigated the induction of IL-1beta production in monocytes and pDCs stimulated with ligands for TLR7 and TLR8 and with antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL)...
- Poly(I:C) reduces expression of JAM-A and induces secretion of IL-8 and TNF-α via distinct NF-κB pathways in human nasal epithelial cellsTsuyoshi Ohkuni
Department of Otolaryngology, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 250:29-38. 2011..HNECs were treated with TLR2 ligand P(3)CSK(4), TLR3 ligand poly(I:C), TLR4 ligand LPS, TLR7/8 ligand CL097, TLR8 ligand ssRNA40/LyoVec, and TLR9 ligand ODN2006...
- Gene expression and antiviral activity of alpha/beta interferons and interleukin-29 in virus-infected human myeloid dendritic cellsPamela Osterlund
Department of Viral Diseases and Immunology, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
J Virol 79:9608-17. 2005..IFN-alpha priming led to increased expression of Toll-like receptor 3 (TLR3), TLR7, TLR8, MyD88, TRIF, and IFN regulatory factor 7 (IRF7) genes and enhanced influenza-induced phosphorylation and DNA ..
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha enhances influenza A virus-induced expression of antiviral cytokines by activating RIG-I gene expressionSampsa Matikainen
Department of Viral Diseases and Immunology, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
J Virol 80:3515-22. 2006..TNF-alpha induced the expression of the RIG-I, TLR3, MyD88, TRIF, and IRF7 genes, whereas no detectable TLR7 and TLR8 was seen in A549 cells. TNF-alpha also strongly enhanced IKK epsilon mRNA and protein expression...
- Expression patterns and functions of toll-like receptors in mouse sertoli cellsHui Wu
Department of Cell Biology, School of Basic Medicine, Peking Union Medical College, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100005, People s Republic of China
Endocrinology 149:4402-12. 2008..TLR3, TLR4, and TLR5 are highly expressed; TLR6, TLR7, and TLR13 are expressed at relatively low level; and TLR1, TLR8, TLR9, TLR11, and TLR12 are not detected in mouse Sertoli cells...
- Characterization of conserved viral leader RNA sequences that stimulate innate immunity through TLRsAlexandra Forsbach
Coley Pharmaceutical GmbH, Dusseldorf, Germany
Oligonucleotides 17:405-17. 2007..synthetic oligoribonucleotides encoding such sequences stimulate sequence-dependent cytokine responses via TLR7 and TLR8. Immune cells responding to such sequences include NK cells, NK/T cells, plasmacytoid, and myeloid dendritic cells, ..
- Vessel-specific Toll-like receptor profiles in human medium and large arteriesOlga Pryshchep
Lowance Center for Human Immunology and Rheumatology, Emory University, School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Circulation 118:1276-84. 2008....
- RIG-I-dependent sensing of poly(dA:dT) through the induction of an RNA polymerase III-transcribed RNA intermediateAndrea Ablasser
Institute for Clinical Chemistry and Pharmacology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Nat Immunol 10:1065-72. 2009RNA is sensed by Toll-like receptor 7 (TLR7) and TLR8 or by the RNA helicases LGP2, Mda5 and RIG-I to trigger antiviral responses. Much less is known about sensors for DNA...
- Expression analysis of the Toll-like receptor and TIR domain adaptor families of zebrafishAnnemarie H Meijer
Institute of Biology, Leiden University, Wassenaarseweg 64, 2333 AL Leiden, The Netherlands
Mol Immunol 40:773-83. 2004..predictions show the presence of one or more counterparts for the human TLR1, TLR2, TLR3, TLR4, TLR5, TLR7, TLR8, TLR9, IL-1R and IL-18R genes and one copy of the adaptor genes MyD88, MAL, TRIF and SARM...
- RBL-2H3 cells are an imprecise model for mast cell mediator releaseEgle Passante
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
Inflamm Res 58:611-8. 2009..The cell line, RBL-2H3, has been widely used as a mast cell model though much of the data is contradictory. The aim of this study is to assess the RBL-2H3 cell line as an in vitro model for degranulation studies...
- Expression and function of Toll-like receptors in eosinophils: activation by Toll-like receptor 7 ligandHiroyuki Nagase
Department of Respiratory Medicine, University of Tokyo Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Immunol 171:3977-82. 2003..In contrast, neutrophils expressed a larger variety of TLR mRNAs (TLR1, TLR2, TLR4, TLR6, TLR8 greater than TLR5, TLR9, and TLR10 greater than TLR7)...
- Differential mRNA expression of Toll-like receptors and their adaptors in pleural effusionsLiang Che Chang
Department of Pathology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University, Keelung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Respirology 14:1194-9. 2009..The extent of TLR pathway activation may vary with the ligands present in different pleural diseases...
- High-throughput screening for TLR3-IFN regulatory factor 3 signaling pathway modulators identifies several antipsychotic drugs as TLR inhibitorsJianzhong Zhu
Molecular Virology Program, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Immunol 184:5768-76. 2010..Interestingly, they did not show significant effects on TLR3-, TLR7-, and TLR8-mediated NF-kappaB activation...
- The small antitumoral immune response modifier imiquimod interacts with adenosine receptor signaling in a TLR7- and TLR8-independent fashionMichael P Schön
Rudolf Virchow Center, DFG Research Center for Experimental Biomedicine and Department of Dermatology, Bayerische Julius Maximilians University, Wurzburg, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 126:1338-47. 2006..It has been demonstrated that this activity is mediated through the Toll-like receptor (TLR)7- and TLR8-signaling cascade resulting in the secretion of proinflammatory cytokines and, consecutively, induction of a tumor-..
- Association between toll-like receptor 8 expression and adverse clinical outcomes in patients with enterovirus-associated dilated cardiomyopathyMamoru Satoh
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Iwate Medical University School of Medicine, Iwate, Japan
Am Heart J 154:581-8. 2007..The purpose of this study was to determine whether TLR8 was expressed with EV replication in patients with enterovirus-associated DCM.
- Differentiation of primary adult microglia alters their response to TLR8-mediated activation but not their capacity as APCElla A Zuiderwijk-Sick
Alternatives Unit, Biomedical Primate Research Centre, Rijswijk, The Netherlands
Glia 55:1589-600. 2007..Intriguingly, M-CSF-differentiated microglia expressed higher levels of TLR8-encoding mRNA and protein, and produced larger amounts of proinflammatory cytokines in response to TLR8-mediated ..
- Human Toll-like receptor-dependent induction of interferons in protective immunity to virusesShen Ying Zhang
Laboratory of Human Genetics of Infectious Diseases, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Paris, France, EU
Immunol Rev 220:225-36. 2007Five of the 10 human Toll-like receptors (TLRs) (TLR3, TLR4, TLR7, TLR8, and TLR9), and four of the 12 mouse TLRs (TLR3, TLR4, TLR7, TLR9) can trigger interferon (IFN)-alpha, IFN-beta, and IFN-lambda, which are critical for antiviral ..
- Human antiphospholipid antibodies induce TNFalpha in monocytes via Toll-like receptor 8Yvonne Döring
Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University, Langenbeckstr 1, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Immunobiology 215:230-41. 2010..monoclonal aPL resulted in an increased expression and secretion of TNFalpha, caused by specific upregulation of TLR8 mRNA and protein expression levels...
- Toll-like receptor-induced innate immune responses in non-parenchymal liver cells are cell type-specificJun Wu
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital of Essen, University Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Immunology 129:363-74. 2010..or interleukin-6 (IL-6), to TLR3 and TLR4 ligands only by producing interferon-beta (IFN-beta), to TLR1 and TLR8 ligands by significantly up-regulating major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class II and costimulatory molecules, ..
- Characterization of ovine TLR7 and TLR8 protein coding regions, detection of mutations and Maedi Visna virus infectionIvan Mikula
Laboratory of Biomedical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Veterinary Medicine and Pharmacy, Komenskeho 73, Kosice, Slovakia
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 138:51-9. 2010..This work presents sequence analysis of ovine TLR7 and TLR8 genes, depicts novel mutations and describes frequencies of mutations in Maedi Visna infected and healthy sheep...
- Toll-like receptor 8 and 9 polymorphisms in Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic feverAynur Engin
Department of Infectious Diseases, Cumhuriyet University, School of Medicine, 58140 Sivas, Turkey
Microbes Infect 12:1071-8. 2010..Toll-like receptors (TLRs) are a family of pathogen recognition receptors. TLR8 and TLR9 contribute to the recognition of viruses...
- CD14+ cells are required for IL-12 response in bovine blood mononuclear cells activated with Toll-like receptor (TLR) 7 and TLR8 ligandsJoram Buza
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization International Vaccine Center, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada SK S7N 5E3
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 126:273-82. 2008Single-stranded viral RNA (ssRNA) was recently identified as the natural ligand for TLR7 and TLR8. ssRNA sequences from viruses, as well as their synthetic analogues stimulate innate immune responses in immune cells from humans and mice, ..
- AIM2 recognizes cytosolic dsDNA and forms a caspase-1-activating inflammasome with ASCVeit Hornung
Division of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
Nature 458:514-8. 2009..RNA is sensed by Toll-like receptor members TLR3, TLR7 and TLR8, or by the RNA helicases RIG-I (also known as DDX58) and MDA-5 (IFIH1)...
- Synthetic oligoribonucleotides-containing secondary structures act as agonists of Toll-like receptors 7 and 8Tao Lan
Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 167 Sidney Street, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 386:443-8. 2009..for their duplex formation, nuclease stability, and ability to induce immune-stimulatory activate through TLR7 and TLR8 in TLR-transfected cell lines, human PBMCs, human pDCs, and in vivo in mice...
- Antitumor activity and immune response induction of a dual agonist of Toll-like receptors 7 and 8Daqing Wang
Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 9:1788-97. 2010Viral and synthetic single-stranded RNAs are the ligands for Toll-like receptors 7 and 8 (TLR7 and TLR8)...
- Identification and characterization of a functional, alternatively spliced Toll-like receptor 7 (TLR7) and genomic disruption of TLR8 in chickensVictoria J Philbin
Division of Immunology and Pathology, Compton Laboratory, Institute of Animal Health, Compton, Newbury, Berkshire, United Kingdom
Immunology 114:507-21. 2005Based upon the recognition of antiviral compounds and single stranded viral RNA the Toll-like receptors TLR7 and TLR8 are suggested to play a significant role in initiating antiviral immune responses...
- Single-stranded small interfering RNA are more immunostimulatory than their double-stranded counterparts: a central role for 2'-hydroxyl uridines in immune responsesMouldy Sioud
The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Department of Immunology, Molecular Medicine Group Montebello, Oslo, Norway
Eur J Immunol 36:1222-30. 2006..siRNA) sequences stimulate the innate immunity through endosomal Toll-like receptors (TLR), particularly TLR7 and TLR8. However, it remains unclear whether siRNA duplexes act as specific ligands for these receptors...
- RIG-I: tri-ing to discriminate between self and non-self RNAAndrew G Bowie
School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
Trends Immunol 28:147-50. 2007..RNA recognition, these include double stranded (ds)RNA-dependent protein kinase, Toll-like receptor (TLR)3, TLR7, TLR8, retinoic acid-inducible gene (RIG)-I and melanoma differentiation-associated gene 5...
- Intracellular signaling mechanisms regulating toll-like receptor-mediated activation of eosinophilsChun K Wong
Department of Chemical Pathology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 37:85-96. 2007..However, ds poly I-C (TLR3 ligand), LPS (TLR4 ligand), ssRNA (TLR8 ligand), and CpG-DNA (TLR9 ligand) were much less effective or inactive...
- Vascular cell responsiveness to Toll-like receptor ligands in carotid atheromaC Erridge
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester, Glenfield Hospital, Leicester, UK
Eur J Clin Invest 38:713-20. 2008..However little is known of which PAMPs may be present in atheroma, or capable of stimulating inflammatory signalling in vascular cells...
- Microarray analysis of lymphatic tissue reveals stage-specific, gene expression signatures in HIV-1 infectionQingsheng Li
Department of Microbiology, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Immunol 183:1975-82. 2009..g., RIG-1, MDA-5, TLR7 and TLR8, PKR, APOBEC3B, 3F, 3G), adaptive immunity, and in the proapoptotic Fas-Fas ligand pathway...
- Gene expression analysis during dengue virus infection in HepG2 cells reveals virus control of innate immune responseThaís M Conceição
Programa de Biologia Estrutural, Instituto de Bioquimica Medica, Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
J Infect 60:65-75. 2010..The present study was focused on the modulation of gene expression in a human hepatic cell lineage, HepG2, in response to Dengue Virus infection...
- Toll-like receptor 8-mediated activation of murine plasmacytoid dendritic cells by vaccinia viral DNAJennifer Martinez
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:6442-7. 2010..Using HEK293 cells transfected with murine TLR7 or TLR8 and a NF-kappaB luciferase reporter, we demonstrated that stimulation of TLR8-, but not TLR7-, transfected cells ..
- Gene expression analysis in blood cells in response to unmodified and 2'-modified siRNAs reveals TLR-dependent and independent effectsLina Cekaite
Department of Tumour Biology, Institute for Cancer Research, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, University of Oslo, Montebello, 310, Oslo, Norway
J Mol Biol 365:90-108. 2007..IRF7) were upregulated. Around 90% of the genes (140 out of 160) affected by R-848, a specific ligand for TLR7 and TLR8, were also affected by ss siRNAs or ds siRNAs, indicating that the signaling pathways activated by R-848 are also ..
- IRAK-2 participates in multiple toll-like receptor signaling pathways to NFkappaB via activation of TRAF6 ubiquitinationSinead E Keating
School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
J Biol Chem 282:33435-43. 2007..Knockdown of IRAK-2 expression by small interfering RNA suppressed TLR3, TLR4, and TLR8 signaling to NFkappaB in human cell lines, and importantly, TLR4-mediated chemokine production in primary human ..
- CD8+ Foxp3+ regulatory T cells mediate immunosuppression in prostate cancerYukiko Kiniwa
Department of Pathology, The Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Baylor Colleg of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:6947-58. 2007..In this study, we investigated prostate tumor-derived CD8(+) Treg cells and their function...
- Expression and function of Toll-like receptors on dendritic cells and other antigen presenting cells from non-human primatesChutitorn Ketloy
Vaccine and Cellular Immunology Laboratory, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 125:18-30. 2008..In addition, CD40 and CD86 phenotypic responses to TLR8 ligand (poly U) in mo-DCs of macaque were higher than that of human...
- Human CD14dim monocytes patrol and sense nucleic acids and viruses via TLR7 and TLR8 receptorsJerome Cros
U838 INSERM, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Immunity 33:375-86. 2010..Thus, CD14(dim) cells are bona fide monocytes involved in the innate local surveillance of tissues and the pathogenesis of autoimmune diseases...
- Recognition of viral single-stranded RNA by Toll-like receptorsSandra S Diebold
King s College London, 2nd Floor Borough Wing, Peter Gorer Department of Immunobiology, Guy s Hospital, London SE1 9RT, United Kingdom
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 60:813-23. 2008..discusses our current understanding of TLR-mediated recognition of viral single-stranded RNA (ssRNA) by TLR7 and TLR8. Oligoribonucleotides (ORN) and small immune response modifiers such as imidazoquinolines with agonist function ..
- Multiple molecular regions confer intracellular localization of bovine Toll-like receptor 8Jianzhong Zhu
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization VIDO, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada S7N 5E3
Mol Immunol 46:884-92. 2009..Here we demonstrated that the bovine TLR8 (bTLR8) protein is localized in the ER cellular compartment of transfected cells before and after cell activation...
- Co-stimulation with TLR7/8 and TLR9 agonists induce down-regulation of innate immune responses in sheep blood mononuclear and B cellsJayaum S Booth
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization International Vaccine Center, 120 Veterinary Road, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Dev Comp Immunol 34:572-8. 2010..Sheep B cells constitutively expressed TLR7, TLR8 and TLR9 mRNA transcripts, suggesting a possible role of TLR cross-talk in the down-regulatory mechanisms...
- Radiation hybrid mapping of all 10 characterized bovine Toll-like receptorsK McGuire
Division of Genetics and Genomics, Roslin Institute, Roslin, Midlothian, Edinburgh EH25 9PS, UK
Anim Genet 37:47-50. 2006..TLR1, TLR6 and TLR10 map closely together on Bos taurus chromosome 6 (BTA6), while TLR7 and TLR8 map to the X chromosome. TLR2, TLR3, TLR4, TLR5 and TLR9 map to BTA17, BTA27, BTA8, BTA16 and BTA22 respectively...
- Transcriptional analysis of Toll-like receptors expression in M cellsSiobhan B Cashman
Department of Microbiology, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
Mol Immunol 47:365-72. 2009..TLR9, which recognises unmethylated CpG DNA of bacteria and viruses and TLR8, which recognises ssRNA, were found to be preferentially expressed in M cells compared to FAE and VE.
- Sequential autophosphorylation steps in the interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase-1 regulate its availability as an adapter in interleukin-1 signalingChristian Kollewe
Department of Pharmacology, Hannover Medical School, D 30623 Hannover, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:5227-36. 2004..Thus, IRAK-1 regulates its own availability as an adapter molecule by sequential autophosphorylation...
- Ligand-regulated chimeric receptor approach reveals distinctive subcellular localization and signaling properties of the Toll-like receptorsTadashi Nishiya
George Williams Hooper Foundation, University of California, Sa Francisco, 94143 0414, USA
J Biol Chem 279:19008-17. 2004..and the subsequent production of pro-inflammatory cytokines in macrophages expressing TLR4, TLR4/TLR5, or TLR4/TLR8 chimeras but not in macrophages expressing TLR4/TLR1, TLR4/TLR2, or TLR4/TLR6 chimeras...
- Innate immunity at the mucosal surface: role of toll-like receptor 3 and toll-like receptor 9 in cervical epithelial cell responses to microbial pathogensJorunn M Andersen
Section of Infectious Diseases, Boston Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Biol Reprod 74:824-31. 2006..that are common in bacterial and some viral nucleic acids, whereas TLR3 recognizes double-stranded RNA and TLR7/TLR8 recognize single-stranded RNA, which would be found during viral replication...
- Dendritic cells infiltrating human non-small cell lung cancer are blocked at immature stageIvan Perrot
Laboratory for Immunological Research, Schering Plough, Dardilly, France
J Immunol 178:2763-9. 2007..blood, CD11c(high) tumor-infiltrating DC (TIDC) displayed a "semi-mature" phenotype, and TLR4 or TLR8 stimulation drove them to mature partially and to secrete limited amounts of cytokines...
- TLR7 is involved in sequence-specific sensing of single-stranded RNAs in human macrophagesMichael P Gantier
Centre for Cancer Research, Monash Institute of Medical Research, Monash University, 246 Clayton Road, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
J Immunol 180:2117-24. 2008..Our results suggest that differential sequence-specific sensing of RNA oligonucleotides between human and mouse macrophages is due to the modulation of TLR7 sensing by human TLR8.
- Initiation and progression of axonopathy in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisAthena M Soulika
Institute for Pediatric Regenerative Medicine, University of California Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
J Neurosci 29:14965-79. 2009..neutrophils and lymphocytes and included intra-axonal accumulations of the endovesicular Toll-like receptor TLR8, and the inflammasome protein NAcht leucine-rich repeat protein 1 (NALP1)...
- Recognition of nucleic acids by Toll-like receptors and development of immunomodulatory drugsA Kuznik
Department of Biotechnology, National Institute of Chemistry, Hajdrihova 19, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Curr Med Chem 17:1899-914. 2010Microbial as well as endogenous nucleic acids are recognized by a group of endosomal Toll-like receptors TLR3, TLR7, TLR8 and TLR9...
- Traffic of poly(lactic acid) nanoparticulate vaccine vehicle from intestinal mucus to sub-epithelial immune competent cellsCharlotte Primard
Institut de Biologie et Chimie des Proteines, UMR5086 CNRS, University of Lyon 1, Lyon, France
Biomaterials 31:6060-8. 2010..Furthermore, we could document that DCs engulfing some nanoparticles could exhibit a TLR8+ specific expression...
- Study of anti-inflammatory activities of the pure compounds from Andrographis paniculata (burm.f.) Nees and their effects on gene expressionWarisara Parichatikanond
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Int Immunopharmacol 10:1361-73. 2010..TNF, TNFRSF6, and IL1A), chemokines (CCL8 and CXCL11), JAK/STAT signaling (JAK3 and STAT5A), TLRs family (TLR4 and TLR8) and NF-κB (NFKB1). Expression of some genes was validated using RT-PCR...
- Decreased Toll-like receptor 8 expression and lower TNF-α synthesis in infants with acute RSV infectionKreso Bendelja
Department of Cellular Immunology, Institute of Immunology, Zagreb, Croatia
Respir Res 11:143. 2010..The reason could be inadequate multiple TLRs engagement, including TLR8 in recognition of single-stranded viral RNA and diminished synthesis of inflammatory mediators due to a lower ..
- Toll-like receptor activation modulates antimicrobial peptide expression by ocular surface cellsRachel L Redfern
University of Houston, College of Optometry, 505 J Davis Armistead Building, 4901 Calhoun Road, Houston, TX 77204 2020, USA
Exp Eye Res 92:209-20. 2011..b>TLR8 mRNA was not expressed by any of the samples tested...
- Imidazoquinoline Toll-like receptor 8 agonists activate human newborn monocytes and dendritic cells through adenosine-refractory and caspase-1-dependent pathwaysVictoria J Philbin
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Mass Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 130:195-204.e9. 2012..b>TLR8 agonists, including imidazoquinolines (IMQs), such as the small synthetic 3M-002, induce adult-level TNF from ..
- Ofer Levy; Fiscal Year: 2016..In Aim 3, we will characterize enhancing effects of Ado-refractory adjuvants, TLR8 agonists and ADA, on Ag-specific neonatal vaccine responses in vitro...
- Phagosomal Signals Shape Inflammatory Responses to Borrelia BurgdorferiJuan C Salazar; Fiscal Year: 2010..the investigator's laboratory suggests that the TLR2-independent responses are MyD88-dependent and occur via TLR8. Although intracellular bacterial pathogens have a well recognized ability to induce type I IFNs, they usually have ..
- Development of TLR8 inhibitors for treatment of autoimmune diseasesCristiana Guiducci; Fiscal Year: 2013..The major exception has been TLR8, despite its ability to stimulate important inflammatory cytokines such as IL6 and TNF-1, and its expression by ..
- Mark A Atkinson; Fiscal Year: 2016..of this P01 is to elucidate the mechanisms by which genes;IFIH1,TYK2 (investigated in Project 1) and IL18RAP, TLR8 (Project 2) impart immunoregulatory abnormalities that result in aberrant iNKT development, inflammatory antigen ..
- Screening for Inhibitors of TLR8 for Treatment of Rheumatoid ArthritisRobert L Coffman; Fiscal Year: 2013..One of the innate receptors for RNA, TLR8, is a potent stimulator of inflammatory cytokines such as IL6 and TNF-[unreadable], and its expression by multiple ..
- Juan C Salazar; Fiscal Year: 2015..evidence the TLR2-independent signaling events elicited by Bb in human monocytes are MyD88-dependent and occur via TLR8. On the basis of our collective findings we now propose a new model of Bb-induced monocyte activation, which ..
- Yorgo Modis; Fiscal Year: 2015..Viral RNA is recognized by!TLR3, TLR7 and TLR8, and microbial DNA is recognized by TLR9...
- David B Jacoby; Fiscal Year: 2016..dependent broncho-dilation in guinea pigs and in human airways is mediated by production of nitric oxide, while TLR8 dependent broncho-dilation is not...
- Bronchodilator Effects of Toll-Like Receptor-7 Agonists.David B Jacoby; Fiscal Year: 2011..We have also shown that in human airways, stimulation of the other ssRNA receptor, TLR8, also causes bronchodilation, but that this pathway does not involve nitric oxide...
- Vikki M Abrahams; Fiscal Year: 2015..In our published studies we found TLR2 activation by gram-positive bacterial peptidoglycan (PDG), and TLR8 activation by viral ssRNA, trigger human first trimester trophoblast apoptosis via two distinct pathways: TLR2 ..
- T cell regulation: CD4+CD25+ FOXP3+ T cells in acute and chronic HIV-1 infectionMarylyn Martina Addo; Fiscal Year: 2010..Investigation of the impact of HIV-1-encoded TLR8 ligands on the function of regulatory T cells...
- Activators and repressors of NFkappaB and IRF3/7 in innate immunityGEORGE ROBERT STARK; Fiscal Year: 2012..and negative regulators of pathways that activate NF-kB, IRF7 and IRF3 in response to Toll-like receptor 8 (TLR8) and TLR3, using genetic selections that their labs have already established...
- Chaim O Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2014..We propose to identify the causal variants in the following new genes: FAIM, IRAK1, KLRG1, TNFSF4, TLR8 and SELP by fine mapping, re-sequencing and re-evaluation of the new SNPs identified through sequencing in case-..
- Regulation of Type I Interferon Gene Expression in the Innate Immune ResponseKatherine A Fitzgerald; Fiscal Year: 2010..These PRRs, which include both TLRs (TLR3, TLR7, TLR8 and TLR9) and cytoplasmic RNA helicases (RIG-I, Mda-5 and possibly others) are capable of detecting viral nucleic ..
- Dissecting the role of Tollo signaling in synaptic development in DrosophilaShannon L Ballard; Fiscal Year: 2012..studies, I have discovered that Tollo, a member of the Toll family of receptors, which is orthologous to vertebrate TLR8, is a positive regulator of NMJ growth and development...
- Enhancing Immunotherapy through Toll Like ReceptorsCynthia Leifer; Fiscal Year: 2007..are not expressed at the cell surface and that they recognize nucleic acids such as dsRNA (TLR3), ssRNA (TLR7 and TLR8) and CpG containing DNA (TLR9)...
- Role of the Innate Immune System in the Pathogenesis of HIV-1Stephan Krutzik; Fiscal Year: 2007..immunological role of two pattern recognition receptors involved in the detection of HIV-1, Toll-like receptor 8 (TLR8), which recognizes HIV-1 ssRNA, and the C- type lectin CD209 (aka DC-SIGN)...
- MUCOSAL IMMUNOSTIMULANTS FOR BIODEFENSEDennis Carson; Fiscal Year: 2005..In some cases, the TLR ligands will be combined with either a macrophage-targeted activator of TLR8, and/or with synthetic inhibitors of inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase (IMPDH), which have been shown in ..
- ALPHA 2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL IN IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROMEMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2008..Significance: This project will characterize pharmacogenetic mechanisms determining the response to clonidine through studies of candidate genes that control alpha2-adrenoreceptor function and norepinephrine transport in IBS. ..
- Cannabinoid Mechanisms in Human Gastrointestinal Motor and Sensory FunctionsMICHAEL L CAMILLERI; Fiscal Year: 2010..These actions may be relevant to develop new treatments for IBS. The studies will also provide further understanding of the potential of medications like medical marijuana on stomach function that may be relevant to appetite control. ..
- Adenosine Shapes Neonatal Toll-like Receptor FunctionOfer Levy; Fiscal Year: 2010..As a whole, these studies will deepen our understanding of how the unique physiology of the human newborn fundamentally alters innate immunity at birth. ..
- ALPHA-2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL OF COLONIC FUNCTION IN IBSMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Determinants of Innate Immunity to Group B StreptococciOfer Levy; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Leads for the Therapy of Gram-Positive SepsisSunil David; Fiscal Year: 2004..This is to demonstrate that inhibition of cytokine release, if observed, is attributable to the blockade of the cellular recognition of lipoteichoic acid. ..
- Hydrophobic Polyamine Amides as Anti-Endotoxin AgentsSunil David; Fiscal Year: 2007..The toxicity of the compounds will be systematically determined in a panel of in vitro assays. These studies will serve to generate data for anticipated IND submissions. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Gram-Negative Sepsis: Pharmacophore-Based TherapeuticsSunil David; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Rational Development of Endotoxin Sequestering AgentsSunil David; Fiscal Year: 2006..Highly active molecules will be further tested in two murine models of gram-negative sepsis. The toxicity of the compounds will be systematically determined in a panel of in vitro assays. ..
- Novel High-throghput Assay:Angiogenesis Inhibitors (RMI)Sunil David; Fiscal Year: 2004..Promising compounds will be examined in greater detail with respect to details of the physical interactions with heparin. Further biological activity will be ascertained in chicken chorioallantoic membrane assays. ..
- Heat Shock Proteins and Helicobacter Pylori PathogenesisEvelyn Kurt Jones; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specifically, we will use in vitro and in vivo approaches to investigate the role of heat shock proteins in H. pylori infection and pathogenesis and development of tumors. ..
- CARDIOMYOPATHY, HIV1 AND CHEMOKINESMilan Fiala; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of this research could lead to development of new strategies for preventing or ameliorating the effects of HIV infection on the heart. ..
- COCAINE AND HIV1 IN CORONARY ENDOTHELIUMMilan Fiala; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Macrophage defense againt M. tuberculosisJennifer Wang; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..