Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: transcobalamin II
Description: transcobalamin 2
Alias: D22S676, D22S750, TC II, TC-2, TC2, TCII, transcobalamin-2, macrocytic anemia, transcobalamin II, transcobalamin II; macrocytic anemia, vitamin B12-binding protein 2
Publications193 found, 100 shown here
- Transcobalamin II and its cell surface receptorB Seetharam
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA
Vitam Horm 59:337-66. 2000b>Transcobalamin II (TC II), a nonglycoprotein secretory protein of molecular mass 43 kDa, and its plasma membrane receptor (TC II-R), a heavily glycosylated protein with a monomeric molecular mass of 62 kDa, are essential components of ..
- Transcobalamin II 775G>C polymorphism and indices of vitamin B12 status in healthy older adultsJoshua W Miller
Department of Medical Pathology, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95817, USA
Blood 100:718-20. 2002A common polymorphism (775G>C) in the vitamin B12 transport protein, transcobalamin II (TCII), has been identified in which proline replaces arginine at codon 259...
- The transcobalamin codon 259 polymorphism influences the risk of human spontaneous abortionH Zetterberg
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Transfusion Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg University, S 413 45 Gothenburg, Sweden
Hum Reprod 17:3033-6. 2002..Transcobalamin (TC) transports vitamin B(12) to the tissues. The objective of the present investigation was to explore the putative association between the major TC genetic polymorphism (Pro259Arg) and human spontaneous abortion...
- Population-based differences in frequency of the transcobalamin II Pro259Arg polymorphismRaffick A R Bowen
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1L5
Clin Biochem 37:128-33. 2004A common polymorphism of the transcobalamin II (TC-II) gene, Pro250Arg, has been implicated as a possible genetic factor in population-based differences in vitamin B(12) metabolism...
- Evaluation of transcobalamin II polymorphisms as neural tube defect risk factors in an Irish populationDeborah A Swanson
Genome Technology Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 73:239-44. 2005..Low levels of maternal plasma vitamin B(12) and reduced binding of vitamin B(12) by transcobalamin II (TCII) are independent risk factors for NTDs...
- Structural basis for mammalian vitamin B12 transport by transcobalaminJochen Wuerges
Centre of Excellence in Biocrystallography, Department of Chemical Sciences, University of Trieste, Via L Giorgieri 1, I 34127 Trieste, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:4386-91. 2006..Structural information is used to predict the overall fold of haptocorrin and intrinsic factor and permits a rational approach to the design of new Cbl-based bioconjugates for diagnostic or therapeutic drug delivery...
- Polymorphism C776G in the transcobalamin II gene and homocysteine, folate and vitamin B12 concentrations. Association with MTHFR C677T and A1298C and MTRR A66G polymorphisms in healthy childrenAna C M Aléssio
Hematology Hemotherapy Center, Faculty of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Thromb Res 119:571-7. 2007One of the etiologies of hyperhomocysteinemia is decreased vitamin B(12). Genetic variation in the transcobalamin II gene, the transporter of vitamin B(12) to the cells, may produce altered homocysteine levels...
- Metabolic endophenotype and related genotypes are associated with oxidative stress in children with autismS Jill James
Department of Pediatrics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Arkansas Children s Hospital Research Institute, Little Rock, Arkansas 72202, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 141:947-56. 2006..gene-gene interactions were found for relevant genes encoding the reduced folate carrier (RFC 80G > A), transcobalamin II (TCN2 776G > C), catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT 472G > A), methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (..
- Environmental influence on the worldwide prevalence of a 776C->G variant in the transcobalamin gene (TCN2)Jean Louis Gueant
INSERM U 724, Cellular and Molecular Pathology in Nutrition, Faculte de Medecine, University Henry Poincaré of Nancy, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
J Med Genet 44:363-7. 2007..A 776C-->G variant (dbSNP ID: rs1801198) in the transcobalamin gene (TCN2; MIM# 275350) decreases the cellular and plasma concentration of transcobalamin and thereby influences the cellular availability of vitamin B(12)...
- Pyrosequencing assay for genotyping of the Transcobalamin II 776C>G polymorphismA K Böttiger
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 67:247-51. 2007The 776C>G polymorphism of the Transcobalamin II gene is located in a GC-rich region and TaqMan real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) does not yield satisfactory genotyping results...
- Large-scale population-based metabolic phenotyping of thirteen genetic polymorphisms related to one-carbon metabolismAse Fredriksen
LOCUS for Homocysteine and Related Vitamins, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Hum Mutat 28:856-65. 2007..2756A>G (tHcy), BHMT c.716G>A (DMG), CBS c.844_845ins68 (tHcy, betaine), CBS c.699C>T (tHcy, betaine, cystathionine) and TCN2 c.776C>G (MMA). No associations were observed for the other polymorphisms investigated...
- Polymorphisms in genes related to folate and cobalamin metabolism and the associations with complex birth defectsR Brouns
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Prenat Diagn 28:485-93. 2008..To investigate the associations between biomarkers and genetic variants involved in homocysteine metabolism and the risk of complex birth defects...
- Association of genetic variants of methionine metabolism with methotrexate-induced CNS white matter changes in patients with primary CNS lymphomaMichael Linnebank
University Hospital Bonn, Department of Neurology, Bonn, Germany
Neuro Oncol 11:2-8. 2009..1298A>C (chi(2) = 13.5; p = 0.001; df = 2), and the GG genotype of transcobalamin 2 c.776C>G (chi(2) = 19.73; p < 0.001), in addition to male gender (chi(2) = 11.95; p = 0.001)...
- The transcobalamin (TCN2) 776C>G polymorphism affects homocysteine concentrations among subjects with low vitamin B(12) statusA Stanisławska-Sachadyn
Department of Pharmacology and Center for Pharmacogenetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6084, USA
Eur J Clin Nutr 64:1338-43. 2010..This study was undertaken to assess the relationship between the transcobalamin P259R (TCN2 776C>G) polymorphism and both serum vitamin B(12) and total Hcy (tHcy) levels...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms in the transcobalamin gene: relationship with transcobalamin concentrations and risk for neural tube defectsLydia A Afman
University Medical Center Nijmegen, Department of Pediatrics, Laboratory of Pediatrics and Neurology, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Hum Genet 10:433-8. 2002....
- Study of four genes belonging to the folate pathway: transcobalamin 2 is involved in the onset of non-syndromic cleft lip with or without cleft palateMarcella Martinelli
Department of Morphology and Embryology, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Hum Mutat 27:294. 2006..However, because conflicting data exist with regard to the effect of the polymorphism in transcobalamin 2 function or in perturbing plasma levels of key molecules in the folate pathway, further investigation is ..
- Genetic and lifestyle factors related to the periconception vitamin B12 status and congenital heart defects: a Dutch case-control studyAnna C Verkleij-Hagoort
Department of Obstetrics, Division of Obstetrics and Prenatal Medicine, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Genet Metab 94:112-9. 2008..We investigated methionine synthase reductase (MTRR) and transcobalamin II (TC) genes and maternal intake and serum concentrations of vitamin B12 in association with CHD risk...
- A80G polymorphism of reduced folate carrier 1 (RFC1) and C776G polymorphism of transcobalamin 2 (TC2) genes in Down's syndrome etiologyJoice Matos Biselli
Genetics and Molecular Biology Research Unit, Department of Molecular Biology, Faculdade de Medicina de Sao Jose do Rio Preto, Sao Jose do Rio Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 126:329-32. 2008..This study therefore had the objective of investigating the A80G polymorphism of the reduced folate carrier 1 (RFC1) gene and the C776G polymorphism of the transcobalamin 2 (TC2) gene as maternal risk factors for DS among Brazilian women.
- Transcobalamin codon 259 polymorphism in HT-29 and Caco-2 cells and in Caucasians: relation to transcobalamin and homocysteine concentration in bloodF Namour
Laboratoire de Pathologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire en Nutrition, INSERM 0014, Faculte de Medecine de Nancy, Vandoeuvre Cedex France
Blood 97:1092-8. 2001..02 and P =.01, respectively). In conclusion, TC codon-259 polymorphism affects TC plasma concentration and may interfere in vitamin B(12) cellular availability and homocysteine metabolism...
- Increased circulating levels of transcobalamin II in malarial patients with renal involvementS Areekul
Department of Tropical Radioisotopes, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Phaya Thai, Bangkok, Thailand
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 87:17-22. 1993..The results showed that these patients had elevated serum transcobalamin II (TCII) levels which decreased to the normal level after recovery from azotaemia...
- Discovery of vitamin B12 in the liver and its absorption factor in the stomach: a historical reviewK Okuda
Department of Medicine, Chiba University School of Medicine, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 14:301-8. 1999..gastric parietal cells, and two other vitamin B12 proteins, R-binder (transcobalamin I, haptocorrin), and transcobalamin II, are discussed in detail...
- Diagnosis of megaloblastic anaemiasS N Wickramasinghe
Department of Haematology, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, St Mary s Campus, Praed Street, London W2 1PG, UK
Blood Rev 20:299-318. 2006..include serum/plasma methylmalonic acid (MMA), plasma total homocysteine (tHCYS) and serum holo-transcobalamin II assays...
- New derivatives of vitamin B12 show preferential targeting of tumorsRobert Waibel
Center for Radiopharmaceutical Science, Paul Scherrer Institute, Villigen PSI, Switzerland
Cancer Res 68:2904-11. 2008..By abolishing the interaction of a tailored vitamin B12 derivative to its transport protein transcobalamin II and therefore interrupting transcobalamin II receptor and megalin mediated uptake in normal tissue, ..
- Elevated plasma homocysteine and low vitamin B-6 status in nonsupplementing older women with rheumatoid arthritisKathleen Woolf
Arizona State University Department of Nutrition, 6950 E Williams Field Rd, Mesa, AZ 85212, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 108:443-53; discussion 454. 2008..Elevated plasma homocysteine, a risk factor for cardiovascular disease, may help explain why individuals with rheumatoid arthritis have an increased risk of cardiovascular disease...
- Marked elevation in homocysteine and homocysteine sulfinic acid in the cerebrospinal fluid of lymphoma patients receiving intensive treatment with methotrexateA Becker
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Institute of Pharmacy, University of Bonn, Germany
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 45:504-15. 2007..In this pilot study we measured the concentration of homocysteine and related metabolites in the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) of patients with primary central nervous system lymphoma undergoing intensive treatment with MTX...
- Analysis of Th1 and Th2 cytokines expressing CD4+ and CD8+ T cells in rheumatoid arthritis by flow cytometryB Berner
Department of Nephrology and Rheumatology, Georg August University of Goettingen, Germany
J Rheumatol 27:1128-35. 2000..Results were compared with 10 PB samples from healthy controls (HC) and 5 SF samples from patients with non-RA synovitis...
- Hereditary partial transcobalamin II deficiency with neurologic, mental and hematologic abnormalities in children and adultsValery Teplitsky
Department of Medicine C, Rabin Medical Center Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 5:868-72. 2003b>Transcobalamin II is a serum transport protein for vitamin B12. Small variations in TC-II affinity were recently linked to a high homocysteine level and increased frequency of neural tube defects...
- Vitamin B12-mediated transport: a potential tool for tumor targeting of antineoplastic drugs and imaging agentsYashwant Gupta
Pharmaceutics Research Projects Laboratory, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dr Hari Singh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar M P 470 003, India
Crit Rev Ther Drug Carrier Syst 25:347-79. 2008..in mammalian cells is mediated by specific, high-affinity receptors for the vitamin B12-binding protein, transcobalamin II, which is expressed on the plasma membrane...
- [Immunophenotypic characteristics of uterine natural killer cells and helper T cell 1/helper T cell 2 immunity in the third trimester decidua of preeclampsia patients]Jian jun Zhou
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Affiliated Drum Tower Hospital of Nanjing University Medical School, Nanjing 210008, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 42:244-8. 2007..To investigate immunophenotypic characteristics of uterine natural killer (uNK) cells and helper T cell 1/helper T cell 2 (Th1/Th2) immunity in third trimester decidua in preeclampsia...
- [Intracellular cytokine expression characteristics of activated T lymphocytes in patients with acute myeloid leukemia]Hui Zhi Yang
Department of Hematology, Anhui Provincial Hospital Affiliated to Anhui Medical University, Hefei 230001, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 15:1161-4. 2007..The Th2/Tc2-like response of CD4+ and CD8+ T cells in relapsed AML patients obviously increases when compared with Th1/Tc1-like ..
- Identification by amino acid sequencing of three major regulatory phosphorylation sites on rat acetyl-CoA carboxylaseM R Munday
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Group, Biochemistry Department, University of Dundee, Tayside, Scotland
Eur J Biochem 175:331-8. 1988..The two sites phosphorylated by each kinase can be recovered on separate peptides, TC1 and TC2, derived by combined digestion of the native enzyme by trypsin and chymotrypsin: TC1 = Ser-2Ser(P)-Met-3Ser(P)-Gly-..
- Cloning and expression of the Bacteroides fragilis TAL2480 neuraminidase gene, nanH, in Escherichia coliT A Russo
Department of Geographic Medicine and Infectious Diseases, New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
J Bacteriol 172:2594-600. 1990..coli. The library was mobilized into the NANase-deficient B. fragilis TM4000 derivative TC2. NANase-producing colonies were enriched by taking advantage of the inability of TC2, but not the wild-type of ..
- Syntheses and characterization of dicarbonyl-nitrosyl complexes of technetium(I) and rhenium(I) in aqueous media: spectroscopic, structural, and DFT analysesRoger Schibli
Center for Radiopharmaceutical Science, ETH PSI USZ, Paul Scherrer Institute, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland
Inorg Chem 44:683-90. 2005..Crystal data: complex 4a (C4Cl4N2O(6)Tc2), monoclinic, Cc, a = 18.82(3) A, b = 6.103(6) A, c = 12.15(2) A, alpha = 90 degrees , beta = 105...
- Differentiation of human colon adenocarcinoma cells alters the expression and intracellular localization of annexins A1, A2, and A5Ana Guzman-Aranguez
Dpto Bioquímica y Biología Molecular I, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Cell Biochem 94:178-93. 2005..Butyrate induces cell differentiation and growth arrest in BCS-TC2, BCS-TC2...
- A polymorphism in the MTHFD1 gene increases a mother's risk of having an unexplained second trimester pregnancy lossAnne Parle-McDermott
Department of Biochemistry, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Mol Hum Reprod 11:477-80. 2005..been reported that polymorphisms in 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR), 677C-->T (A222V), transcobalamin II (TCII), 776C-->G (P259R), are associated with pregnancy loss. Both variants were tested in this study...
- Preferential expression of very late antigen-4 on type 1 CTL cells plays a critical role in trafficking into central nervous system tumorsKotaro Sasaki
Department of Dermatology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Cancer Res 67:6451-8. 2007..tumor-homing and therapeutic efficacy of adoptively transferred type 1 CTL (Tc1) when compared with type 2 CTL (Tc2) in mice bearing intracranial ovalbumin-transfected melanoma (M05)...
- Th2 and Tc2 cells in the regulation of GVHD, GVL, and graft rejection: considerations for the allogeneic transplantation therapy of leukemia and lymphomaD H Fowler
National Cancer Institute, Department of Experimental Transplantation and Immunology, Bethesda, MD, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 38:221-34. 2000..T cells exist in four functionally-defined populations, the CD4+, Th1/Th2 and CD8+, Tc1/Tc2 subsets...
- Molecular and evolutionary analysis of two divergent subfamilies of a novel miniature inverted repeat transposable element in the yellow fever mosquito, Aedes aegyptiZ Tu
Department of Biochemistry, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061, USA
Mol Biol Evol 17:1313-25. 2000..Both subfamilies share conserved terminal inverted repeats similar to those of the Tc2 DNA transposons in Caenorhabditis elegans, indicating that Pony may have been borrowing the transposition machinery ..
- Heterogeneity of chondroitin sulfate glycosaminoglycan localization during early development of the striped bass (Morone saxatilis)Anthony A Capehart
Department of Biology, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina 27858, USA
Anat Rec 268:47-58. 2002..Immunoreagents utilized were monoclonal antibodies (MAbs) TC2, d1C4, and CS-56, which recognize, respectively, native epitopes on glycosaminoglycan chains enriched in ..
- Genomic sequence of a mutant strain of Caenorhabditis elegans with an altered recombination patternAnn M Rose
Department of Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z4, Canada
BMC Genomics 11:131. 2010..Sequencing of this strain provides an opportunity to examine the consequences on the genome of altering the distribution of meiotic recombination events...
- In vitro effector activity of Pneumocystis murina-specific T-cytotoxic-1 CD8+ T cells: role of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factorFlorencia McAllister
Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Department of Pediatrics, Suite 3765, 3705 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Infect Immun 73:7450-7. 2005..To better understand the mechanisms of these effects, we generated, expanded, and tested Tc1 and Tc2 CD8+ T cells specific for P. murina ex vivo...
- 17beta-Estradiol and soy phytochemicals selectively induce a type 2 polarization in mesenteric lymph nodes of ovariectomized ratsDaniela Gallo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Menopause 15:718-25. 2008..Specifically, T- and B-lymphocyte subsets, the balance of type 1 and 2 immune responses in the mesenteric lymph nodes, and serum levels of different classes of immunoglobulin were examined as study endpoints...
- [Regulation of immunological balance between TH1/TH2 and Tc1/Tc2 lymphocytes by prostaglandin E2]Yu Shi Bao
Department of Renal Diseases, The First Affliated Hospital, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150001, Heilongjiang Province, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 18:431-5. 2010..blood T lymphocytes, and to evaluate the regulatory role of PGE2 on immunological balance between Th1/Th2 and Tc1/Tc2 lymphocytes...
- Serum cytokine levels and type 1 and type 2 intracellular T cell cytokine profiles in mixed connective tissue diseaseEdit Bodolay
3rd Department of Internal Medicine, University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Center, Debrecen, Hungary
J Rheumatol 29:2136-42. 2002..To determine serum cytokine concentrations and intracellular cytokine production of CD4+ and CD8+ T cells in 20 patients with mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD)...
- [Effect of high mobility group box 1 protein on proliferation and apoptosis and balance between Th1/Th2 and Tc1/Tc2 of lymphocytes in vitro]Zhong Tang Wang
Department of Plastic Surgery, Zhongshan Hospital, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361004, China
Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi 24:324-7. 2008..To explore whether extracellular high mobility group B1 protein (HMGB1) plays a role in regulation of lymphocyte-mediated immune...
- [Analysis of lymphocyte immune abnormality in 52 cases of children idiopathic aplastic anemia]Chun Chen
Department of Pediatrics, The Second Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510120, Guangdong Province, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 16:1091-5. 2008..The phenotypes of lymphocytes, the ratios of Th1/Th2 and Tc1/Tc2, the levels of CD25(+) and CD4(+)CD25(+) T lymphocytes in peripheral blood of IAA patients were measured at the ..
- Dynamic expression of a native chondroitin sulfate epitope reveals microheterogeneity of extracellular matrix organization in the embryonic chick heartA A Capehart
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
Anat Rec 254:181-95. 1999b>TC2 is a novel monoclonal antibody produced by in vitro immunization of splenocytes with a peanut agglutinin-positive fraction from extracts of prechondrogenic micromass cultures of chick limb mesenchyme...
- Fluorescence kinetics of aqueous solutions of tetracycline and its complexes with Mg2+ and Ca2+Siegfried Schneider
Institut fur Physikalische und Theoretische Chemie, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, D 91058 Erlangen, Germany
Photochem Photobiol Sci 2:1107-17. 2003..In alkaline aqueous solution, the fluorescence of the dianion (tc2-) essentially comprises two components; the decay time of the stronger, shorter-lived component is about 30 ps, ..
- [Abnormal polarization of T lymphocyte induces negative hematopoietic regulation in myelodysplastic syndromes]Ling Yun Wu
Department of Hematology, Sixth Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China
Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 28:549-54. 2007..To explore polarization of T lymphocyte and its relationship with apoptosis of marrow cells in patients with myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS)...
- CD8 T cells inhibit IgE via dendritic cell IL-12 induction that promotes Th1 T cell counter-regulationMatthew J Thomas
Department of Immunology, Guy s, King s, and St Thomas s School of Medicine, Kings College, Rayne Institute, 123 Coldharbour Lane, London, SE5 9NU, United Kingdom
J Immunol 168:216-23. 2002..We show here that CD8 T cell subsets break these rules as both T cytotoxic (Tc)1 and Tc2 cells promote Th1 over Th2 immunity...
- Linkage of expression of chemokine receptors (CXCR3 and CCR4) and cytotoxic molecules in peripheral T cell lymphoma, not otherwise specified and ALK-negative anaplastic large cell lymphomaNaoko Asano
Department of Pathology and Molecular Diagnostics, Aichi Cancer Center, Nagoya, Japan
Int J Hematol 91:426-35. 2010..we investigated the expression of two chemokine receptors, type 1 (Th1/Tc1)-associated CXCR3 and type 2 (Th2/Tc2)-associated CCR4 in 110 PTCL-N and 35 ALK-negative ALCL cases, as well as the expression of cytotoxic molecules (CM)..
- Interleukin-5 production by human airway epithelial cellsS Salvi
Department of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 20:984-91. 1999..Th2- and Tc2-like T cells, mast cells, basophils, and eosinophils are the known cellular sources of this cytokine...
- Expansion of the fraction of Th1 cells in women with preeclampsia: inverse correlation between the percentage of Th1 cells and the plasma level of PAI-2A Ohkuchi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
Am J Reprod Immunol 46:252-9. 2001..The fractions of Th1 cells and Tcl cells may be increased in preeclamptic women compared with healthy pregnant women...
- Characterization of one typical 2-Cys peroxiredoxin gene of Taenia solium and Taenia crassicepsFelipe Vaca-Paniagua
Departamento de Microbiologia y Parasitologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Edificio A 2do piso, Ciudad Universitaria, Mexico City, 04510, Mexico
Parasitol Res 105:781-7. 2009..describe the genomic sequences of one Taenia solium and Taenia crassiceps typical 2-Cys peroxiredoxins (Ts2-CysPrx, Tc2-CysPrx) genes, which are 94% identical in primary sequence with the typical 2-Cys Prxs catalytic motifs...
- Modified therapeutic community for homeless mentally ill chemical abusers: treatment outcomesG De Leon
Center for Therapeutic Community Research, National Development and Research Institutes, Inc, New York, New York 10048, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 26:461-80. 2000..n = 342), male and female, sequentially assigned to either of two modified therapeutic community programs (TC1 and TC2) and to a treatment-as-usual (TAU) control group...
- STAT6-dependent differentiation and production of IL-5 and IL-13 in murine NK2 cellsTakuo Katsumoto
Department of Immunology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Inohana, Chuo Ku, Japan
J Immunol 173:4967-75. 2004..NK1 and NK2 cells expressed large amounts of repressor of GATA, the levels of which were equivalent to CD8 Tc1 and Tc2 cells and significantly higher than those in Th2 cells...
- A subtractive cloning approach to the identification of mRNAs specifically expressed in pancreatic beta-cellsP I Neophytou
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, U K
Diabetes 45:127-33. 1996..hybridization procedure was applied to cDNAs prepared from mouse insulinoma (beta TC3) and glucagonoma (alpha TC2) cell lines to construct a library of cDNAs that are highly expressed in pancreatic beta-cells...
- Peripheral lymphocytes and intracellular cytokines in C282Y homozygous hemochromatosis patientsGiovanna Fabio
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Milan, Pad Granelli, Via F Sforza 35, 20122 Milan, Italy
J Hepatol 37:753-61. 2002..We evaluated the peripheral blood lymphocytes phenotype and cytokine profile of CD8(+) and CD4(+) T cells in C282Y homozygous hereditary hemochromatosis patients compared to control subjects...
- Phenotypic and functional characterization of lymphocytes in autoimmune thyroiditis and in papillary carcinomaStefania Mardente
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale e Patologia, Universita La Sapienza, Viale Regina Elena 324, 00161 Roma, Italy
Anticancer Res 25:2483-8. 2005..Infiltrates of lymphocytes are found in both autoimmune thyroid disease and papillary cancer and are responsible for thyroid destruction in autoimmune disease. Their role in neoplastic transformation is not yet clear...
- Holotranscobalamin and total transcobalamin in human plasma: determination, determinants, and reference values in healthy adultsHelga Refsum
Oxford Centre for Gene Function, Laboratory of Physiology, Department of Pharmacology, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
Clin Chem 52:129-37. 2006..We developed microbiological assays (MBAs) to identify determinants and to establish reference values for cobalamin bound to transcobalamin [holotranscobalamin (holoTC)] and total TC in plasma...
- Expression of cutaneous lymphocyte-associated antigen on human CD4(+) and CD8(+) Th2 cellsM Akdis
Swiss Institute of Allergy and Asthma Research SIAF, Davos, Switzerland
Eur J Immunol 30:3533-41. 2000..IL-12 and/or staphylococcal enterotoxin B (SEB) stimulation up-regulated CLA expression on either Th2 and Tc2 cells...
- Allergen-driven suppression of thiol production by human dendritic cells and the effect of thiols on T cell functionAmal A Hasan
Institute of Infection, Immunity and Inflammation, School of Molecular Medical Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
Immunobiology 214:2-16. 2009..We conclude that Der p 1-driven suppression of thiol production by dendritic cells may disrupt Th1/Tc1 and Treg cell development, and in doing so could lead to Th2/Tc2 cell responses and allergy.
- Ultraviolet-A1 phototherapy modulates Th1/Th2 and Tc1/Tc2 balance in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusA Szegedi
Department of Dermatology, Medical and Health Science Centre, University of Debrecen, 98 Nagyerdei Street, Debrecen H 4012, Hungary
Rheumatology (Oxford) 44:925-31. 2005..We examined the effectiveness and reliability of low-dose UVA1 phototherapy (60 kJ/m2/treatment) in patients suffering from systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). We studied the changes in immunological parameters...
- Allergen immunotherapy in intermittent allergic rhinitis reduces the intracellular expression of IL-4 by CD8+ T cellsJoanna Glück
Medical University of Silesia, Zabrze, Poland
Vaccine 26:77-81. 2007..The role of T cytotoxic subsets is less understood. We investigated whether allergen immunotherapy in intermittent allergic rhinitis influences the intracellular expression of IL-4 and IFN-gamma by CD3+CD8(-) and CD3+CD8+ cells...
- State of the art. Mechanistic heterogeneity in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: insights from transgenic miceJack A Elias
Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, 300 Cedar Street, S441 TAC, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
Proc Am Thorac Soc 3:494-8. 2006..To address these issues, we used overexpression transgenic approaches to define the effects of Th1/Tc1 and Th2/Tc2 cytokines in the mature murine lung and compared findings in these transgenic systems to the effects of similar ..
- Polarization and apoptosis of T cell subsets in idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpuraW U Chang-Lin
Department of Transfusion Medicine, Second People s Hospital of Shenzhen City, Affiliated Hospital of Southern Medical University, Shenzhen, China
Int J Lab Hematol 29:177-84. 2007..We demonstrated that the ratios of Th1/Th2 and Tc1/Tc2 in ITP children increased obviously, the average percentages of Th1 and Th2 also increased clearly, but the average ..
- IL-4 inhibits VLA-4 expression on Tc1 cells resulting in poor tumor infiltration and reduced therapy benefitKotaro Sasaki
Department of Dermatology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Eur J Immunol 38:2865-73. 2008We and others have previously demonstrated that IL-4-dependent Tc2 are inferior to Tc1-effector CD8+ T cells in regulating tumor progression in vivo...
- [Effects of recombinant Balillus Calmette-Guerin secreting IL-12 vaccination on development of T cell subsets in neonatal BALB/c mice]Yun He
Department of Clinical Immunology Children s Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, China
Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi 24:634-6. 2008..To explore the effects of recombinant Balillus Calmette-Guerin secreting IL-12 on the development of spleen T cell subsets of neonatal BALB/c mice...
- CD8+ T cells of Tc2 phenotype mediate a GVL effect and prevent marrow rejectionD H Fowler
National Cancer Institute, Department of Experimental Transplantation and Immunology, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Vox Sang 74:331-40. 1998..the balance of these allogeneic responses, we have evaluated the effect of donor CD4+, Th1/Th2 and CD8+, Tc1/Tc2 functional T cell subsets in murine marrow transplantation models...
- Selective and transient expression of a native chondroitin sulfate epitope in Deiters' cells, pillar cells, and the developing tectorial membraneL M Bianchi
Department of Otolaryngology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Anat Rec 256:64-71. 1999..In the present study, a novel monoclonal antibody (TC2) that recognizes a native epitope on glycosaminoglycans enriched in chondroitin-4-sulfate revealed a transient and ..
- Radioiodination of cyanocobalamin conjugates containing hydrophilic linkers: preparation of a radioiodinated cyanocobalamin monomer and two dimers, and assessment of their binding with transcobalamin IID S Wilbur
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Bioconjug Chem 10:912-20. 1999..of CN-Cbl-e-carboxylate, 2, as earlier studies had shown binding of that isomer with recombinant human transcobalamin II (rhTCII) was similar to CN-Cbl...
- Cell-mediated immune responses (CMIR) in human rhinosporidiosisN R de Silva
Medical Research Institute, Colombo, Sri Lanka
Mycopathologia 152:59-68. 2001..CD8+ T cells were not sub-typed according to their cytokine profile; 1L2, IFN-gamma (Tcl); IL4, ILS (Tc2)...
- Proliferation and differentiation potential of human CD8+ memory T-cell subsets in response to antigen or homeostatic cytokinesJens Geginat
Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Bellinzona, Switzerland
Blood 101:4260-6. 2003..Consistently, CCR4 expression in the CD8+ TCM pool discriminated CCR4+ type 2 polarized cells (Tc2) and CCR4-CTL precursors...
- Heterogeneity of CD4(+) and CD8(+) T cellsDavid L Woodland
Trudeau Institute, 100 Algonquin Avenue, Saranac Lake, New York, NY 12983, USA
Curr Opin Immunol 15:336-42. 2003..T cells, the progression from naïve to effector and memory T cells, and differentiation into Th1, Tc1, Th2 and Tc2 subsets have long been recognized...
- Effects of low doses of hydrochloride tetracycline on bone metabolism and uterus in ovariectomized ratsQing nan Li
Bone Biology Laboratory, Guangdong Medical College, Zhanjiang 524023, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 24:599-604. 2003..To study the effects of low doses of hydrochloride tetracycline (Tc) on bone metabolism and uterus in the ovariectomized (Ova) rats...
- Analysis of the transcobalamin II 776C>G (259P>R) single nucleotide polymorphism by denaturing HPLC in healthy elderly: associations with cobalamin, homocysteine and holo-transcobalamin IIStefan Wans
Institute of Clinical Chemistry, University Hospital Magdeburg, Magdeburg, Germany
Clin Chem Lab Med 41:1532-6. 2003..DHPLC was used to analyse the transcobalamin II 776C>G polymorphism in DNA from 159 healthy elderly...
- Prevention of graft rejection by donor type II CD8(+) T cells (Tc2 cells) is not sufficient to improve engraftment in fetal transplantationJeng Chang Chen
Fetal Treatment Center, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Fetal Diagn Ther 20:35-43. 2005b>Tc2 cells, a subset of CD8(+) T cells, are able to facilitate engraftment in a murine model of postnatal allogeneic bone marrow transplantation...
- Survival rate and fracture strength of maxillary incisors, restored with different kinds of full veneersC F J Stappert
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Albert Ludwigs University, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
J Oral Rehabil 32:266-72. 2005..strength of different kinds of ceramic full veneers, fabricated with a new experimental press ceramic (EPC VP2117/TC2, Ivoclar-Vivadent AG, Schaan, Liechtenstein)...
- In vitro priming and expansion of cytomegalovirus-specific Th1 and Tc1 T cells from naive cord blood lymphocytesKyung Duk Park
Department of Pediatrics, Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Box 3350, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Blood 108:1770-3. 2006..in the cord blood (CB) transplantation setting because CB T cells are antigen naive and biased toward Th2/Tc2 function. We developed a protocol to in vitro prime and expand CMV-specific CTLs from CB...
- Type 2 cytotoxic T lymphocytes modulate the activity of dendritic cells toward type 2 immune responsesGiandomenica Iezzi
Cancer Immunotherapy and Gene Therapy Program, Istituto Scientifico H San Raffaele, Via Olgettina 58, 20132 Milan, Italy
J Immunol 177:2131-7. 2006Activated CD8+ T cells can differentiate into type 1 (Tc1) cells, producing mainly IFN-gamma, and type 2 (Tc2) cells, producing mostly IL-4, IL-5, and IL-10...
- In vitro models for the study of the effect of butyrate on human colon adenocarcinoma cellsN Olmo
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular I, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
Toxicol In Vitro 21:262-70. 2007..We show that 2mM butyrate treatment of non-tumorigenic BCS-TC2 cells for four days strongly influences the transcriptional activity, causing extensive modification in gene ..
- Density-functional computation of (99)Tc NMR chemical shiftsMichael Bühl
School of Chemistry, University of St Andrews, North Haugh, St Andrews, Fife KY169ST, UK
Magn Reson Chem 46:S36-44. 200899Tc chemical shifts of TcO4(-), TcH9(2-), TcOF5, TcO2F4(-), TcOCl4(-), Tc2(CO)10, and Tc(CO)3L3(+) (L = CO, MeCN, H2O) are computed using geometries optimized with the gradient-corrected BP86 and hybrid B3P86 density functionals, at the ..
- Most environmental isolates of Cryptococcus neoformans var. grubii (serotype A) are not lethal for miceAnastasia P Litvintseva
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Infect Immun 77:3188-95. 2009..Although the retrotransposon banding patterns were unstable after prolonged incubation in the laboratory, this method was able to differentiate clinical and environmental strains that had the same AFLP/MLST genotypes...
- Transcobalamin II deficiency at birthRene Ratschmann
Department of General Paediatrics and Neonatology, University Children s Hospital, Vienna, Austria
Mol Genet Metab 98:285-8. 2009b>Transcobalamin II deficiency (# MIM 275350) is a rare, recessively inherited disorder of cobalamin transport that leads to intracellular cobalamin depletion with secondary impairment of methionine synthetase and methyl-malonyl CoA mutase ..
- Variants of folate metabolism genes and the risk of conotruncal cardiac defectsElizabeth Goldmuntz
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA 19104 4318, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 1:126-32. 2008..However, efforts to establish the relationships between these factors and CHD risk have been hampered by a number of factors including small study sample sizes and phenotypic heterogeneity...
- Vitamins B2 and B6 and genetic polymorphisms related to one-carbon metabolism as risk factors for gastric adenocarcinoma in the European prospective investigation into cancer and nutritionSimone J P M Eussen
LOCUS for Homocysteine and Related Vitamins, Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Medicine, University of Bergen, and Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:28-38. 2010..In summary, results from this large European cohort study showed an inverse association between vitamin B2 and GC risk, which is borderline significant, and a significant inverse association between vitamin B6 and GC risk...
- [Detection of peripheral blood Th1/Th2 and Tc1/Tc2 subsets in patients with condyloma acuminatum and its significance]Ning Zhu
Department of Dermatology, Sir Run Run Shaw Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Key Laboratory of Biotherapy of Zhejiang Province, Hangzhou 310053, China
Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi 23:229-31. 2009..To investigate the role of T-helper (Th) and cytotoxic T (Tc) lymphocyte polarization in the pathogenesis of condyloma acuminatum (CA) and its correlation with recurrence...
- Animal models of multiple sclerosis--potentials and limitationsEilhard Mix
Department of Neurology, University of Rostock, Germany
Prog Neurobiol 92:386-404. 2010..distinct immune cell subpopulations such as CD4+ Th1, Th2, Th3 and Th17 cells, CD4+FoxP3+ Treg cells, CD8+ Tc1 and Tc2, B cells and γδ+ T cells have been disclosed in more detail...
- Transcobalamin 2 variant associated with poststroke homocysteine modifies recurrent stroke riskF C Hsu
Department of Biostatistical Sciences, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC, USA
Neurology 77:1543-50. 2011..We investigated genes for enzymes and cofactors in the Hcy metabolic pathway for association with Hcy and determined whether associated single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) influenced recurrent stroke risk...
- Association between 11 genetic polymorphisms in folate-metabolising genes and head and neck cancer riskAna Lívia Silva Galbiatti
Genetics and Molecular Biology Research Unit, UPGEM, University Graduate School of Medical, Sao Jose do Rio Preto, Brazil
Eur J Cancer 48:1525-31. 2012..investigate associations of MTHFR C677T and A1298C, MTR A2756G, MTRR A66G, RFC1 A80G, MTHFD1 G1958A, CBS 844ins68, TC2 C776G and A67G, SHMT C1420T and BHMT G742A polymorphisms with HNSCC risk...
- A candidate gene study of one-carbon metabolism pathway genes and colorectal cancer riskMarcella Martinelli
Dipartimento di Istologia, Embriologia e Biologia Applicata, Universita di Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Br J Nutr 109:984-9. 2013..However, an increased risk of CRC was observed for two variant alleles of SNP mapping on the transcobalamin 2 gene (TCN2): C776G (rs1801198) and c.1026-394T>G (rs7286680)...
- Raman spectroscopic study of the frustrated spin 1/2 antiferromagnet clinoatacamiteXiao Dong Liu
Department of Physics, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Saga University, Saga 840 8502, Japan
J Phys Condens Matter 25:256003. 2013..This is likely to give a reasonable explanation of the fact that only a small entropy release occurs at T(c1) = 18 K although a long-range order is formed...
- Dynamics of cytokine/chemokine responses in intestinal CD4+ and CD8+ T Cells during Acute Simian Immunodeficiency Virus InfectionCarys S Kenway-Lynch
Division of Comparative Pathology, Tulane National Primate Research Center, Covington, Louisiana, USA
J Virol 87:11916-23. 2013..Shifting of mucosal TH1 to TH2 or T-cytotoxic 1 (TC1) to TC2 cytokine profiles was not evident...
- A novel subset of helper T cells promotes immune responses by secreting GM-CSFJ Zhang
1 Child Health Institute of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, USA 2 Department of Molecular Genetics, Microbiology and Immunology, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ, USA
Cell Death Differ 20:1731-41. 2013..type 1 helper T cell (Th1), type 2 helper T cell (Th2), type 1 cytotoxic T cell (Tc1), type 2 cytotoxic T cell (Tc2), and naive T cells, as evidenced by the fact that antibody neutralization of GM-CSF abolished this effect...
- Accumulation of memory precursor CD8 T cells in regressing tumors following combination therapy with vaccine and anti-PD-1 antibodyLavakumar Karyampudi
Authors Affiliations Cancer Vaccines and Immune Therapies Program, Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute of Florida, Port St Lucie, Florida and Departments of Immunology and Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
Cancer Res 74:2974-85. 2014..This prolonged survival was associated with increase in number of Tc1 and Tc2 CD8 T cells with memory precursor phenotype, CD27+IL-7RhiT-betlo, and decrease in number of PD-1+ dendritic cells (..
- Heterogeneity in the differentiation and function of CD8⁺ T cellsHans Willi Mittrücker
Institute for Immunology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz) 62:449-58. 2014..These environmental cues induce transcription factors further specifying CD8(+) T-cell decision into Tc1, Tc2, Tc9, Tc17 or CD8(+) T regulatory fate...
- Cytokine/Chemokine responses in activated CD4+ and CD8+ T cells isolated from peripheral blood, bone marrow, and axillary lymph nodes during acute simian immunodeficiency virus infectionCarys S Kenway-Lynch
Division of Comparative Pathology, Tulane National Primate Research Center, Covington, Louisiana, USA
J Virol 88:9442-57. 2014..There was no evidence of a T-helper 1 (TH1)-to-TH2 shift in CD4(+) T cells or a T-cytotoxic 1 (TC1)-to-TC2 cytokine shift in CD8(+) T cells in PB, BM, and ALN T-cell subsets during the acute phase of SIV infection...
- Association of the transcobalamin II gene 776C → G polymorphism with Alzheimer's type dementia: dependence on the 5, 10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase 1298A → C polymorphism genotypeJosé F Cascalheira
CICS UBI Health Sciences Research Centre, University of Beira Interior, Covilha, Portugal
Ann Clin Biochem 52:448-55. 2015Decreased serum concentrations of vitamin B12 are associated with Alzheimer's type dementia. The transcobalamin II gene (TCN2) 776C → G polymorphism affects transcobalamin II function as a carrier of vitamin B12 and might modify its ..
- Immunohistochemical quantification of the cobalamin transport protein, cell surface receptor and Ki-67 in naturally occurring canine and feline malignant tumors and in adjacent normal tissuesAnnette M Sysel
Bauer Research Foundation, Akron, Ohio, USA
Oncotarget 6:2331-48. 2015..This study quantified the immunohistochemical expression of the cobalamin transport protein (transcobalamin II; TCII), cell surface receptor (transcobalamin II-R; TCII-R) and proliferation protein (Ki-67) in naturally ..
- Association of Transcobalamin II (TCN2) and Transcobalamin II-Receptor (TCblR) Genetic Variations With Cobalamin Deficiency Parameters in Elderly WomenEmma L Kurnat-Thoma
Genome Technology Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA National Institute of Nursing Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA University of Utah, College of Nursing, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Biol Res Nurs 17:444-54. 2015..significant when corrected for multiple testing, eight single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in two genes, transcobalamin II (TCN2) and the transcobalamin II-receptor (TCblR), were found to influence several clinical traits of ..
- A Prospective Study of Colorectal Cancer: One-Carbon Metabolism and InflammationCornelia M Ulrich; Fiscal Year: 2012..Biomarker assays derived from blood obtained at the baseline visit include vitamin B12, holo-transcobalamin II, pyridoxalphosphate (vitamin B6), homocysteine, serum and RBC folate, and global lymphocyte DNA methylation...
- STRUCTURE & FUNCTION OF B12 BINDING PROTEINSRobert Allen; Fiscal Year: 1993..We will further define the role of intrinsic factor and transcobalamin II in the ileal absorption of Cb1 and study the essentially undefined mechanisms by which Cb1 is released from ..
- STRUCTURAL BASIS OF VITAMIN B12 (COBALAMIN) DEFICIENCYHeidi Schubert; Fiscal Year: 2002The mammalian protein transcobalamin II (TCII) is responsible for the transport of vitamin B12 (more accurately termed cobalamin) through the bloodstream...
- Nitrosylcobalamin - A Novel Chemotherapeutic AgentDaniel Lindner; Fiscal Year: 2007..Cellular NO-Cbl uptake was dependent upon the transcobalamin II receptor (TC II-R), the specific plasma membrane receptor for vitamin B 12...
- T cell response in scleroderma lung disease: from pathogenesis to clinical careFrancesco Boin; Fiscal Year: 2012..Experimental and clinical studies suggest that pulmonary fibrosis in SSc may result from a pro-fibrotic Th2/Tc2 polarized immune response and that an antigen-driven T cell activation is involved...
- Folate, Vitamin D and Calcium in Colorectal CancerRobert Haile; Fiscal Year: 2009..carrier (RFC1 or SLC19A1), S-adenosylmethionine decarboxylase (AMD1), gastric instrinsic factor (GIF), transcobalamin II (TCII), intrinsic factor cobalamin receptor (IFCR), and alcohol dehydrogenase 3 (ADH3)...
- HEPATIC LESIONS IN MURINE CHRONIC GRAFT VS HOST DISEASEJohn Vierling; Fiscal Year: 2001..of T cells isolated from inflamed portal tracts during evolution of NSDC we will assess: a) Th1/Tc1 versus Th2/Tc2 cytokine phenotypes of CD4/CD8 T cells during evolution of NSDC by flow cytometry; b) histopathological ..
- Dendritic Cell Strategies to Tumor Reactive T CellsWalter Storkus; Fiscal Year: 2007..the quality of anti-tumor CTL responses in situ, we will also evaluate whether patients with active disease exhibit Tc2-type dominated CD8+ T cell responses to RCC-associated epitopes and if Tcl-type reactivity is associated with ..
- TC1 AND TC2 ACTIVITY IN MALIGNANCYPatrick Flood; Fiscal Year: 1999..By similarities with Th1 and Th2 subsets of CD4, the CD8+ T-cell subsets have been designated as Tc1 and Tc2. This division was made on the basis of the cytokines they produce...
- Immunobiology of Antigen Presenting Cells in VivoKenneth Rock; Fiscal Year: 2006..of naive T cells by different APC will lead different outcomes: Tolerance versus response, TH1/TC1 versus TH2/TC2 effector cells, and/or the generation of memory...
- HEPATITIS C VIRUS-SPECIFIC T CELL IMMUNITYPaul Lehmann; Fiscal Year: 2004..cells studied at single-cell resolution proves to be more highly regulated than predicted by the Th1/Th2, Tcl/Tc2 model...
- RFLP-MAPPING OF QTLS FOR LIFE SPAN AND LIFE HISTORYThomas Johnson; Fiscal Year: 1993..We intend to focus especially on those RFLPs generated by transposable elements (Tc1 and Tc2)...
- PRIMARY STIMULATION OF HUMAN CD8+ T LYMPHOCYTESDavid Lee; Fiscal Year: 2001..b>TC2 (IL-4 and IL-5) cytokine production profiles. Aim 2...
- LEUKEMIA THERAPY WITH MIHA SPECIFIC T CELLSWei Chen; Fiscal Year: 2002..2. To assess the therapeutic efficacy, toxicity and mechanisms of donor CD8+ Tc1 and Tc2 specific for host hematopoietic tissue-restricted MiHA. 3...
- DC-INDUCED HIV-SPECIFIC T CELL IMMUNITYTyler Curiel; Fiscal Year: 2001..elicited are those thought to prevent HIV infection, examining cytotoxicity, and cytokine/chemokine production (THl/TH2 and TCl/TC2 immunity); and #3: to determine the non-cytolytic capacity of these elicited immune cells to inhibit HIV
- CELLULAR INCORPORATION OF VITAMIN B-12RICHARD GAMS; Fiscal Year: 1980..We wish to examine similarities and/or differences in uptake mediated by intrinsic factor, transcobalamin II and R-binders of B-12 in normal and neoplastic cells to further our understanding of B-12 transport and ..
- RESPONSES TO RSV AND ALLERGENS AS ANTECEDENTS OF ASTHMAMarilyn Halonen; Fiscal Year: 2002..patterns in and mechanisms of development of mitogen and RSV-specific T cytotoxic cell subsets (CD8+ Tc1 and Tc2) and mitogen and Alt-specific T helper cell subsets (CD4+ Th1 and Th2); 2) to determine the immune mechanisms for ..
- SINGLE CELL ANALYSIS OF T CELL IMMUNITY IN HIVMagdalena Tary Lehmann; Fiscal Year: 2004..that cytokine expressed by human T cells is much more highly regulated than predicted by the Th1/Th2, Tc1/Tc2 model (Aim 3)...
- Characterization and Expression of microRNA Genes in Anopheles gambiaeZhijian Tu; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CD4+T cell immunity to respiratory virus infectionsDAVID WOODLAND; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- AMCase and BRP-39 in Th2 Inflammation and AsthmaJack Elias; Fiscal Year: 2008..AIM II. Characterize the role(s) of AMCase in Th2 inflammation, physiologic dysregulation and remodeling. AIM III. Characterize the role(s) of BRP-39 in Th2 inflammation, physiologic dysregulation and remodeling. ..
- CELL MEDIATED IMMUNITY TO SENDAI VIRUSDAVID WOODLAND; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- The Genetic Etiology of Conotruncal Cardiac DefectsElizabeth Goldmuntz; Fiscal Year: 2007..With this data, the impact of genotype on clinical outcome can be assessed and improved management strategies devised for the future. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Genetic Etiology of Left-Sided Cardiac DefectsElizabeth Goldmuntz; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, these investigations will lead to future studies that assess the relationship of genotype to clinical outcome, and allow us to improve upon our clinical management accordingly. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Phase resetting using DC stimulation for seizure blockageIvan Osorio; Fiscal Year: 2007..3B. The significant advances made in the control of fatal arrhythmias are in part attributable to the use by cardiologists of phase resetting as an investigative and therapeutic tool. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Antigen-Specific CD8+ T Cell Responses by IL-21Protul Shrikant; Fiscal Year: 2008..The insights provided by these investigations are likely to develop rational use of IL-21 alone or in combination with other cytokines for the therapy of cancer, infectious diseases, autoimmunity and transplantation. ..
- Stress, the Immune System and Basal Cell CarcinomaRonald Glaser; Fiscal Year: 2007..2) We will determine if the relationships between depressive symptoms and severe life stressors and tumor immunoreactivity are more pronounced among older adults. ..
- Folate, DNA Methylation and Breast TumorigenesisJoshua Miller; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- In Vitro Analysis of Embryonic Inner Ear CellsLYNNE BIANCHI; Fiscal Year: 2002..Together, these experiments will provide information regarding the mechanisms used for organizing normal auditory and vestibular epithelia and may provide insight into means of treating congenital anomalies of the inner ear...
- VEGF in Th2 Inflammation and AsthmaJack Elias; Fiscal Year: 2008..Aim #4. Characterize the reversibility of the inflammatory, immune and remodeling effects of VEGF. ..
- Metabolic Biomarkers of Autism: Predictive Potential and Genetic SusceptibilitySANDRA JILL JAMES; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Vitamin B12 and Folate in Relation to Cognition in the Framingham Offspring StudyJacob Selhub; Fiscal Year: 2010..5 About 3-5 percent of seniors have low circulating vitamin B12 levels;6 however, about 20 percent of seniors are found to be deficient when those with elevated methylmalonic acid levels are included. ..
- Memory T cell subsets and pulmonary immunityDavid L Woodland; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- FOOD FOLATE FORTIFICATION EFFECT ON FOLATE STATUSJacob Selhub; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Transgenic Modeling of TGF-Beta in the LungJack Elias; Fiscal Year: 2007..4. Characterize the relationship(s) between epithelial apoptosis and the inflammatory and remodeling features and permanence of the TGF-beta1 phenotype. ..
- Regulation of CD8+ T cell responses to influenza virusDAVID WOODLAND; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Effect of Versican Mutation on Limb Development In VitroANTHONY CAPEHART; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is through understanding these molecular mechanisms that prevention or correction of birth defects affecting the developing appendicular skeleton can be achieved. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Comparative Genomics of Anopheline MosquitoesZhijian Tu; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- TRANSGENIC MODELING OF TH1/TH2 RESPONSES IN ASTHMAJack Elias; Fiscal Year: 2001..Mice that overexpress IL-4 will be generated and evaluated. (3) Characterize the effects of Th1 or Th2 polarization on host response to aeroallergen. ..
- CHARACTERIZATION & ORGANIZATION OF TRANSPOSABLE ELEMENTSZhijian Tu; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, this work will enhance our understanding of the basic genetics of An. gambiae by systematically investigating TEs, which are substantial and potentially potent components of the genome...
- Advances in Influenza Research - From Birds to Bench to BedsideDAVID WOODLAND; Fiscal Year: 2006..The goal of this meeting is to bring together virologists, immunologists and vaccine researchers to discuss recent advances in influenza research and to develop better measures to prevent and control influenza. ..
- TNF-Induced Apoptosis of Lymphocytes in Aged HumansSudhir Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studied should mechanism (s) for increased TNF-a-induced apoptosis during aging. ..
- T CELL RECOGNITION OF BACTERIAL SUPERANTIGENSDAVID WOODLAND; Fiscal Year: 2002..Cells expressing single peptide/MHC complexes will be used to test the idea that peptide discrimination enhances the T-cell response by limiting the density of superantigen presentation. ..
- B12 Absorption, Kinetics and Transcobalamin GenotypeJoshua Miller; Fiscal Year: 2004..evidence has been obtained suggesting that a common polymorphism (G775C) in the B12 transport protein, transcobalamin II, affects B12 absorption and delivery to the tissues...
- Measurement of folate in fortified cereal grain productsJacob Selhub; Fiscal Year: 2003..In order to assess the impact of folic acid fortification, it is necessary to have valid data on the actual synthetic folic acid content of fortified foods. ..
- Novel genetic markers for the yellow fever mosquitoZhijian Tu; Fiscal Year: 2003..aegypti in natural populations. ..
- TRANSGENIC MODELING OF COPDJack Elias; Fiscal Year: 2003....