Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Amy1
Description: amylase 1, salivary
Alias: Amy-1, Amy1a, C030014B17Rik, alpha-amylase 1, 1,4-alpha-D-glucan glucanohydrolase 1, salivary and hepatic alpha-amylase
- AMY-1 interacts with S-AKAP84 and AKAP95 in the cytoplasm and the nucleus, respectively, and inhibits cAMP-dependent protein kinase activity by preventing binding of its catalytic subunit to A-kinase-anchoring protein (AKAP) complexMakoto Furusawa
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Medical Technology, Hokkaido University, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 0812, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:50885-92. 2002..These findings suggest that AMY-1 is an important modulator of PKA...
- Low Copy Number of the AMY1 Locus Is Associated with Early-Onset Female Obesity in FinlandHeli Viljakainen
Children s Hospital, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
PLoS ONE 10:e0131883. 2015The salivary α-amylase locus (AMY1) is located in a highly polymorphic multi allelic copy number variable chromosomal region. A recent report identified an association between AMY1 copy numbers and BMI in common obesity...
- Assignment of the mouse homologues of 6 loci from HSA1p to chromosomes 3 and 4P J McClive
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Genomics 23:243-6. 1994..Furthermore, an additional HSA1p marker, Cd53, mapped close to Amy1 on mouse chromosome 3, and a sequence related to Lap18 mapped to mouse chromosome 17, near D17Mit3...
- The genes encoding gonadal and nongonadal forms of 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/delta 5-delta 4 isomerase are closely linked on mouse chromosome 3P A Bain
Graduate Program in Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109
Genomics 16:219-23. 1993..The order of markers on Chr 3 surrounding Hsd3b is: centromere-Gba-(4.4 +/- 2.2)-Hsd3b-(3.3 +/- 1.9)-Tshb-(6.7 +/- 2.7)-Amy-1...
- Ampd-2 maps to distal mouse chromosome 3 in linkage with Ampd-1W S Moseley
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710
Genomics 6:572-4. 1990
- Rostral cerebellar malformation, (rcm): a new recessive mutation on chromosome 3 of the mouseP W Lane
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine
J Hered 83:315-8. 1992..The mutation, called rostral cerebellar malformation, rcm, has been located on chromosome (Chr) 3 between the alcohol dehydrogenase-3 (Adh-3) complex and varitint waddler-J (VaJ)...
- Mind bomb 1 is required for pancreatic β-cell formationSigne Horn
Department of Developmental Biology, Hagedorn Research Institute, DK 2820 Gentofte, Denmark
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:7356-61. 2012..Our results reveal iterative use of Notch in pancreatic development to ensure correct P-D patterning and adequate β-cell formation...
- Runx/Cbfb signaling regulates postnatal development of granular convoluted tubule in the mouse submandibular glandMd Nurul Islam
Department of Orthodontics, Science of Functional Recovery and Reconstruction, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
Dev Dyn 244:488-96. 2015..The rodent salivary gland is not fully developed at birth and the cellular definitive differentiation takes place postnatally. However, little is known about its molecular mechanism...
- Structural forms of the human amylase locus and their relationships to SNPs, haplotypes and obesityChristina L Usher
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Genet 47:921-5. 2015..One such region contains the three amylase genes (AMY2B, AMY2A and AMY1) responsible for digesting starch into sugar...
- Altered salivary amylase gene in the mouse strain BXD-16J P Hjorth
Heredity (Edinb) 48:127-35. 1982..This indicates that only a single structural gene for the enzyme is expressed in the strain BXD-16...
- Genetic determination of amylase synthesis in the mouseJ H Bloor
J Biol Chem 256:373-7. 1981..Congenic lines with different amylase phenotypes have been established. Genetic analysis reveals the close linkage of cis-acting sites determining rate of synthesis and electrophoretic mobility of mouse pancreatic amylase...
- Murine VCAM-1. Molecular cloning, mapping, and analysis of a truncated formA G Kumar
Department of Internal Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030
J Immunol 153:4088-98. 1994..the murine Vcam1 gene including 3 kb of 5'-flanking sequences and mapped the gene to chromosome 3 near Amy1. cDNA clones isolated from a stimulated hepatic library were found to encode a truncated form of VCAM-1 (T-VCAM-1) ..
- Mouse R-cadherin: expression during the organogenesis of pancreas and gastrointestinal tractA Sjodin
Department of Microbiology, University of Umea, Sweden
Exp Cell Res 221:413-25. 1995..The subcellular localization in these tissues is on both the apical and basolateral surfaces. The potential function of R-cadherin, in particular its role in pancreas development, is discussed...
- Esterase-26 (ES-26): characterization and genetic location on chromosome 3 of an eserine-sensitive esterase of the house mouse (Mus musculus)O H von Deimling
Biochem Genet 22:1119-26. 1984..The enzyme was shown to be controlled by the presumed structural locus Es-26, located on chromosome 3. From a four-point cross, the gene order Car-2--6.2 +/- 2.7--Es-16--21.0 +/- 4.5--Es-26--13.6 +/- 3.8--Amy-1 was established...
- Independent regulation of nonallelic pancreatic amylase genes in diabetic miceA Dranginis
J Biol Chem 259:12216-9. 1984..The results provide genetic evidence that individual copies of the amylase structural gene are associated with divergent cis-acting insulin-responsive sequences...
- Linkage relationships among eleven biochemical loci in PeromyscusW D Dawson
Biochem Genet 21:1101-14. 1983..These and other known linkage relationships in Peromyscus correspond closely to those of the house mouse, Mus musculus. The available evidence in Peromyscus further supports the concept of linkage conservation by natural selection...
- The mouse alpha-amylase multigene family. Sequence organization of members expressed in the pancreas, salivary gland and liverU Schibler
J Mol Biol 155:247-66. 1982
- Multiple structural genes for mouse amylaseJ P Hjorth
Biochem Genet 18:281-302. 1980..We conclude that at least four structural genes code for pancreatic amylase while only a single gene, different from any of the pancreatic genes, codes for salivary amylase...
- Multiple polyadenylation sites in a mouse alpha-amylase geneM Tosi
Nucleic Acids Res 9:2313-23. 1981..Sequences which trail the two polyadenylation sites exhibit extensive homology and might therefore be involved in polyadenylation or transcription termination...
- Characterization of the amino termini of mouse salivary and pancreatic amylasesR C Karn
FEBS Lett 126:293-6. 1981
- Additional evidence for the close linkage of amy-1 and amy-2 in the mouseJ H Bloor
J Hered 71:449-51. 1980..Among 343 potentially recombinant chromosomes examined, no recombinants were found. Our data sets an upper limit of 0.87 cM (P = 0.95) for the distance between the salivary and pancreatic loci...
- A single mouse alpha-amylase gene specifies two different tissue-specific mRNAsR A Young
Cell 23:451-8. 1981..genome, indicating that both the salivary gland and liver alpha-amylase mRNAs are transcribed from the same gene (Amy1A)...
- Mouse liver and salivary gland alpha-amylase mRNAs differ only in 5' non-translated sequencesO Hagenbuchle
Nature 289:643-6. 1981..These data suggest that all three mRNAs might be transcribed from the same gene...
- Molecular cloning, characterization, and genetic mapping of the cDNA coding for a novel secretory protein of mouse. Demonstration of alternative splicing in skin and cartilageJ Bhalerao
Department of Biochemistry, University of Antwerp, Belgium
J Biol Chem 270:16385-94. 1995..Alternative splicing may serve as a mechanism for generating functional diversity in the Ecm1 gene...
- A fibrillar collagen gene, Col11a1, is essential for skeletal morphogenesisY Li
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Cell 80:423-30. 1995..The results also suggest that the normal differentiation and spatial organization of growth plate chondrocytes is critially dependent on the presence of type XI collagen in cartilage extracellular matrix...
- The spastic mouse: aberrant splicing of glycine receptor beta subunit mRNA caused by intronic insertion of L1 elementC Mülhardt
Zentrum fur Molekulare Biologie, Universitat Heidelberg, Federal Republic of Germany
Neuron 13:1003-15. 1994..Intron 5 of the spa Glyrb gene contains an L1 transposable element that apparently is causal for the aberrant splicing of beta subunit transcripts...
- Genetic mapping of the gene encoding guanylate cyclase-A/atrial natriuretic factor receptor (Npra) to mouse chromosome 3K N Pandey
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical College of Georgia, School of Medicine, Augusta 30912 2100
Mamm Genome 5:520-2. 1994
- Syntenic assignment of human chromosome 1 homologous loci in the bovineD S Threadgill
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843
Genomics 22:626-30. 1994..AT3, REN, CR2, and GNB1 mapped to BTA 16, PFKM to BTA 5, AMY1A and NRAS to BTA 3, FGR and FUCA1 to BTA 2, and ACTA1 to BTA 28.
- Mapping of glutathione transferase (GST) genes in the ratK Klinga-Levan
Department of Genetics, Gothenburg University, Sweden
Hereditas 119:285-96. 1993..Interestingly, each of the three groups of conserved synteny seems to span the region across the centromeres of the human chromosomes...
- Four loci from human chromosome 1 are physically assigned to sheep chromosome 1pT E Broad
AgResearch Grasslands Research Centre, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Mamm Genome 6:551-3. 1995
- cDNA cloning, sequencing and chromosomal assignment of the gene for mouse complement factor I (C3b/C4b inactivator): identification of a species specific divergent segment in factor IJ O Minta
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pathology, University of Toronto, Canada
Mol Immunol 33:101-12. 1996..The significance of the diversity of the D segment is at present unclear. We also report the chromosomal localization of the mouse factor I gene (Cfi) to distal chromosome 3 near Egf...
- Genetic mapping of the IL-12 alpha chain gene (Il12a) on mouse chromosome 3P A Schweitzer
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Mamm Genome 7:394-5. 1996
- Structure and chromosomal location of the mouse medium-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase-encoding gene and its promoterR J Tolwani
Department of Comparative Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham 35294 0019, USA
Gene 170:165-71. 1996..Biol. Chem. 268 (1993) 13805-13810]. We have mapped mouse Acadm to the distal end of chromosome 3. Sequences previously localized to chromosome 8 are shown to be a pseudogene, and an additional pseudogene was identified on chromosome 11...
- The Pax4 gene is essential for differentiation of insulin-producing beta cells in the mammalian pancreasB Sosa-Pineda
Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Gottingen, Germany
Nature 386:399-402. 1997..A default pathway would explain the elevated number of alpha cells in the absence of Pax4...
- The mouse urate oxidase gene, Uox, maps to distal chromosome 3S Cook
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine, 04609, USA
Mamm Genome 8:623-4. 1997
- Notch gene expression during pancreatic organogenesisE Lammert
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Mech Dev 94:199-203. 2000..Notch 3 and Notch 4 are expressed in pancreatic mesenchyme and later in endothelial cells. Together these descriptive data comprise a framework for understanding the cellular basis for Notch function during pancreatic development...
- Expression of calcyclin, a calcium-binding protein, in the keratogenous region of growing hair folliclesL Wood
Molecular Biology Research, Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49001
J Invest Dermatol 96:383-7. 1991....
- A salivary amylase transgene is efficiently expressed in liver but not in parotid gland of transgenic miceJ M Jones
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0618
Nucleic Acids Res 17:6613-23. 1989..The results also demonstrate that non-parotid sources can produce a normal level of AMY1 in serum. Liver is the probable source of AMY1 in serum of these transgenic mice.
- Analysis of the mouse Amy locus in recombinant inbred mouse strainsP R Paul
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Memorial Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263
Biochem Genet 25:569-79. 1987..Previously reported differences for strains YBR and CE have been confirmed. New segregation data for carbonic anhydrase, a locus near the proximal end of mouse chromosome 3, are presented...
- Mapping and gene order of U1 small nuclear RNA, endogenous viral env sequence, amylase, and alcohol dehydrogenase-3 on mouse chromosome 3C Blatt
Agouron Institute, La Jolla, California
Somat Cell Mol Genet 14:133-42. 1988..In situ hybridization to chromosome spreads confirmed the assignment of the Ulb small nuclear RNA (snRNA) gene cluster and the gamma-fibrinogen gene to the center of chromosome 3...
- Simultaneous expression of salivary and pancreatic amylase genes in cultured mouse hepatoma cellsG J Darlington
Mol Cell Biol 6:969-75. 1986..We speculate that induction of Amy-1 and activation of Amy-2 may involve different regulatory mechanisms. Hepa 1-6 cells provide an experimental system for molecular analysis of these events...
- A 78-kilobase region of mouse chromosome 3 contains salivary and pancreatic amylase genes and a pseudogeneK Wiebauer
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 82:5446-9. 1985..A truncated amylase pseudogene is located 10 kilobases downstream from the pancreatic amylase gene...
- Chromosomal localization of the mouse genes coding for alpha 2, alpha 3, alpha 4 and beta 2 subunits of neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptorA Bessis
UA CNRS D1284, Departement des Biotechnologies, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
FEBS Lett 264:48-52. 1990..14, 9 and 3 respectively. Moreover, the alpha 4 subunit gene is located on chromosome 2 but is not genetically linked to the alpha 1 subunit gene...
- Genetic regulation of GM4(NeuAc) expression in mouse erythrocytesK Nakamura
Department of Membrane Biochemistry, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science
J Biochem 107:3-7. 1990....
- Biochemical and genetic characterization of esterase-27 (ES-27), the major plasma cholinesterase of the house mouse (Mus musculus)O H von Deimling
Abteilung für Chemische Pathologie, Universitat Freiburg, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Genet Res 57:61-70. 1991..From a three-point cross (AKR/Han, A/Wy) and a five-point cross (AKR/Han, SEG/1), the gene order on chromosome 3 was concluded to be centromere-Car-2-Es-26-Es-27-Amy-1-Adh-1...
- Assignment of LH XVI to chromosome 3 in the mouseE M Eicher
J Hered 71:315-8. 1980..The genetic location of the breakpoint in the reciprocal translocation T(2:3)24H is placed between the Amy-1 and Va loci. A new simplified method for determining the Amy-1 and Amy-2 genotype of mice is presented...
- Multilocus markers for mouse genome analysis: PCR amplification based on single primers of arbitrary nucleotide sequenceJ H Nadeau
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Mamm Genome 3:55-64. 1992..Finally, linkage for seven products was established on five chromosomes. These characteristics establish single primer PCR as a powerful method for mouse genome analysis...
- Structure of the murine tissue factor gene. Chromosome location and conservation of regulatory elements in the promoterN Mackman
Department of Immunology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037
Arterioscler Thromb 12:474-83. 1992....
- Gentic polymorphism of amylase isoenzymes in feral populations of the house mouseJ T Nielsen
Hereditas 79:279-86. 1975
- Linkage of the cadmium resistance locus to loci on mouse chromosome 12B A Taylor
J Hered 67:389-90. 1976..A 3-point cross involving Va, cdm, and amylase-1 (Amy-1) indicated the following gene order and approximate distances: Va-8-cdm-17-Amy-1. The cdm locus is the first polymorphic locus to be placed on Chromosome 12...
- Gene order in linkage group XVI of the house mouseP W Lane
J Hered 70:239-44. 1979..We conclude that LG XVI is not carried on Chr 12, and preliminary data indicates it is most likely carried on Chr 3...
- Genetics of hydroxyacid oxidase isozymes in the mouse: localisation of Hao-2 on linkage group XVIR S Holmes
Heredity (Edinb) 41:403-6. 1978..9 +/- 2.4 per cent recombinants) in this organism, which places Hao-2 on linkage group XVI, since previous studies by Eicher and co-workers (1976) have localised Amy-1 on this chromosome...
- Genetic variation in mouse salivary amylase rate of synthesisJ P Hjorth
Biochem Genet 17:665-82. 1979..Studies of other mouse strains suggest that regulatory genetic elements may modulate salivary amylase production...
- [Genetic analysis of interspecific crosses Mus musculus L. x Mus spretus Lataste: linkage of Adh-1 with Amy-1 on chromosome 3 and Es-14 with Mod-1 on chromosome 9]F Bonhomme
C R Seances Acad Sci D 289:545-8. 1979..Linkage of ES-14 with Mod-1 on chromosome 9 and that of Adh-1 with Amy-1 on chromosome 3 are shown. The following order centromere/Car-2/Amy-1 is tentatively proposed for these loci on chromosome 3...
- Tissue-specific expression of mouse-alpha-amylase genes: nucleotide sequence of isoenzyme mRNAs from pancreas and salivary glandO Hagenbuchle
Cell 21:179-87. 1980..This observation may have implications for the mechanism of translation initiation in eucaroytes...
- Electrophoretic variation of alpha-amylase in two inbred strains of Mus musculusR D Kaplan
J Hered 64:155-7. 1973
- The two promoters of the mouse alpha-amylase gene Amy-1a are differentially activated during parotid gland differentiationP Shaw
Cell 40:907-12. 1985..The pattern of committing cells during differentiation suggests that once an acinar cell has initiated expression of parotid-type alpha-amylase mRNA, this commitment is passed on to its daughter cells...
- cDNA sequence and tissue distribution of the mRNA for bovine and murine p11, the S100-related light chain of the protein-tyrosine kinase substrate p36 (calpactin I)C J Saris
J Biol Chem 262:10663-71. 1987..Sequence homology between p11 and the S100 proteins, and the serum-induced 2A9 gene product, as well as possible functions of p11 are discussed...
- Members of the Amy-2 alpha-amylase gene family of mouse strain CE/J contain duplicated 5' terminiS Bodary
J Mol Biol 182:1-10. 1985..No transcription initiation has been detected at the orphon cap site using run-off transcription in isolated pancreatic nuclei in vitro...
- Chromosomal locations of genes encoding 2',3' cyclic nucleotide 3'-phosphodiesterase and glial fibrillary acidic protein in the mouseL Bernier
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Neurosci Res 20:497-504. 1988..We have localized the GFAP gene to distal chromosome 11 in the mouse. There are two genetic loci identified by CNP probes, one is closely linked to the GFAP gene, and the other maps to chromosome 3...
- Fim-1, Fim-2/c-fms, and Fim-3, three common integration sites of Friend murine leukemia virus in myeloblastic leukemias, map to mouse chromosomes 13, 18, and 3, respectivelyB Sola
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U152 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UA628, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
J Virol 62:3973-8. 1988..Fim-2 spans the 5' end of the c-fms gene, which encodes for the macrophage-colony-stimulating factor receptor. We located the c-fms gene on the D band of chromosome 18 by in situ hybridization...
- Chromosomal location of Evi-1, a common site of ecotropic viral integration in AKXD murine myeloid tumorsM L Mucenski
NCI Frederick Cancer Research Facility, BRI Basic Research Program, Maryland 21701
Oncogene Res 2:219-33. 1988..These results suggest that Evi-1 represents a new locus involved in myeloid disease...
- The human and rodent intestinal fatty acid binding protein genes. A comparative analysis of their structure, expression, and linkage relationshipsD A Sweetser
Department of Biological Chemistry, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
J Biol Chem 262:16060-71. 1987..The I-FABP gene is located on mouse chromosome 3 between the amylase 1,2 (Amy 1,2) and alcohol dehydrogenase 3 (Adh-3) loci while the L-FABP gene is on mouse chromosome 6 within 3 centimorgans ..
- The murine M-CSF gene is localized on chromosome 3S Gisselbrecht
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U152, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
Blood 73:1742-5. 1989
- New murine polymorphisms detected by random amplified polymorphic DNA (RAPD) PCR and mapped by use of recombinant inbred strainsY C Cheah
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
Mamm Genome 5:762-7. 1994..The 10 primers were also used to survey 20 inbred mouse strains including the progenitors of other recombinant inbred sets and four mouse strains recently inbred from the wild (CAST/Ei, MOLF/Ei, PERA/Ei, and SPRET/Ei)...
- Genetic mapping of the murine gene and 14 related sequences encoding chromosomal protein HMG-14K R Johnson
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Mamm Genome 3:625-32. 1992..Thus, the Hmg14 multigene family is well suited to serve as genetic markers for other linkage studies in mice...
- A mouse linkage testing stock possessing multiple copies of the endogenous ecotropic murine leukemia virus genomeB A Taylor
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Genomics 5:221-32. 1989..Ways of further improving the MEV stock are discussed. The location of the Myb proto-oncogene is defined relative to Sl and one of the C58/J proviruses on chromosome 10...