Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Car1
Description: carbonic anhydrase 1
Alias: AW555628, Ca1, Car-1, carbonic anhydrase 1, CA-I, carbonate dehydratase I, carbonic anhydrase I
- Regulatory dendritic cells pulsed with carbonic anhydrase I protect mice from colitis induced by CD4+CD25- T cellsHirofumi Yamanishi
Department of Gastroenterology and Metabology, Ehime University Graduate School of Medicine, Shitsukawa, Toon, Ehime 791 0295, Japan
J Immunol 188:2164-72. 2012..Using two-dimensional gel electrophoresis and MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry, carbonic anhydrase I (CA I) was identified as a major protein of CBA...
- Carbonic anhydrase enzymes regulate mast cell-mediated inflammationEverett K Henry
Center for Immunity and Inflammation, New Jersey Medical School, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Newark, NJ 07103 Department of Medicine, New Jersey Medical School, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Newark, NJ 07103
J Exp Med 213:1663-73. 2016..Further, we used CRISPR/Cas9 technology and illustrate that genetically editing Car1 is sufficient to selectively reduce mast cell development...
- Purification and Transcriptomic Analysis of Mouse Fetal Leydig Cells Reveals Candidate Genes for Specification of Gonadal Steroidogenic CellsKathryn S McClelland
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Biol Reprod 92:145. 2015..In addition, it provides a basis for targeted studies designed to identify causes of idiopathic XY DSD. ..
- The Coxsackievirus and adenovirus receptor (CAR) forms a complex with the PDZ domain-containing protein ligand-of-numb protein-X (LNX)Kerstin Sollerbrant
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Stockholm Branch, Karolinska Intitutet, SE 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
J Biol Chem 278:7439-44. 2003..CAR and LNX were also shown to colocalize in vivo in mammalian cells. We speculate that CAR and LNX are part of a larger protein complex that might have important functions at discrete subcellular localizations in the cell...
- Transgenic mice over-expressing carbonic anhydrase I showed aggravated joint inflammation and tissue destructionYabing Zheng
Medical Research Center of Shandong Provincial Qianfoshan Hospital, Shandong University, Jingshi road 16766, Jinan, Shandong 250014, PR China
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 13:256. 2012Studies have demonstrated that carbonic anhydrase I (CA1) stimulates calcium salt precipitation and cell calcification, which is an essential step in new bone formation...
- A systematic survey of carbonic anhydrase mRNA expression during mammalian inner ear developmentLing Wu
Department of Anatomy, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Dev Dyn 242:269-80. 2013..To understand the specific roles of CA isozymes in the inner ear, a systematic survey was conducted to reveal temporal and spatial expression patterns of all 16 CA isozymes during inner ear development...
- Ldb1 regulates carbonic anhydrase 1 during erythroid differentiationSang Hyun Song
Cancer Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Biochim Biophys Acta 1819:885-91. 2012b>Carbonic anhydrase 1 (Car1), an early specific marker of the erythroid differentiation, has been used to distinguish fetal and adult erythroid cells since its production closely follows the γ- to β-globin transition, but the molecular ..
- Erythroid expression and DNAaseI-hypersensitive sites of the carbonic anhydrase 1 geneJ Sowden
MRC Human Biochemical Genetics Unit, Galton Laboratory UCL, London, U K
Biochem J 288:545-51. 1992The carbonic anhydrase 1 gene is expressed in adult human and mouse erythroid cells and colon epithelia from two distinct promoters...
- Esterase-16 (es-16): characterization, polymorphism, and linkage to chromosome 3 of a kidney esterase locus of the house mouseO H von Deimling
Biochem Genet 19:1091-9. 1981..Es-16 is closely linked to Car-1 and Car-2 on chromosome 3 Typing of 94 animals of the backcross (C57BL/10Sn x M. m. mol.) F1 x M. m. mol. revealed a recombination frequency of 8.51 /+- 2.9%...
- Defective haematopoiesis in fetal liver resulting from inactivation of the EKLF geneB Nuez
MGC Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Nature 375:316-8. 1995..Enucleated erythrocytes are formed but these do not contain the proper amount of haemoglobin. We conclude that the transcription factor EKLF is essential for the final steps of definitive erythropoiesis in fetal liver...
- Subcellular distribution of carbonic anhydrase and Na+,K(+)-ATPase in the brain of the hyt/hyt hypothyroid miceJ Li
Department of Physiology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City 84108
Neurochem Res 19:83-8. 1994..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Genes on chromosome 3 of the mouseM T Davisson
J Hered 67:155-6. 1976..The Robertsonian translocation Rb(1.3) 1Bnr was used as a marker for the centromere of Chromosome 3. The loci map is as follows: centromere-2.5cM-(Car-1, Car-2)-26cM-my...
- Using evolutionary rates to investigate protein functional divergence and conservation. A case study of the carbonic anhydrasesBjarne Knudsen
Bioinformatics Research Center, University of Aarhus, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Genetics 164:1261-9. 2003..As illustrated by the CAs, these LRTs, in combination with other biological evidence, offer a powerful and cost-effective approach for testing hypotheses, making predictions, and designing experiments in protein functional studies...
- Expression and functional analysis of genes deregulated in mouse placental overgrowth models: Car2 and Ncam1Umashankar Singh
Department of Development and Genetics, Evolutionary Biology Center, Uppsala University, Sweden
Dev Dyn 234:1034-45. 2005..This strongly suggested that altered expression of Car2 and Ncam1 is a downstream event in placental hyperplasia...
- Sjögren's syndrome-like disease of C57BL/6.NOD-Aec1 Aec2 mice: gender differences in keratoconjunctivitis sicca defined by a cross-over in the chromosome 3 Aec1 locusC Nguyen
Department of Oral Biology, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Scand J Immunol 64:295-307. 2006..These data suggest SjS-like disease in the NOD mouse shows gender-specific regulation determined by autosomal genes...
- A systematic quantification of carbonic anhydrase transcripts in the mouse digestive systemPei wen Pan
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, 33520, Tampere, Finland
BMC Mol Biol 8:22. 2007..In the present study, we systematically examined the mRNA expression levels of all known CA isozymes by quantitative real-time PCR in eight tissues of the digestive system of male and female mice...
- Molecular evolution of the carbonic anhydrase genes: calculation of divergence time for mouse carbonic anhydrase I and IIP J Fraser
J Mol Evol 23:294-9. 1986..The divergence-time calculation provides the first estimation of the evolutionary relationship between CAs based entirely on nucleotide sequence comparison...
- The mouse carbonic anhydrase I gene contains two tissue-specific promotersP Fraser
Wistar Institute of Anatomy and Biology, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104
Mol Cell Biol 9:3308-13. 1989We report the isolation and characterization of the mouse carbonic anhydrase I (CAI) gene...
- Mapping of mouse carbonic anhydrase-3, Car-3: another locus in the homologous region of mouse chromosome 3 and human chromosome 8C Beechey
MRC Radiobiology Unit, Chilton, Didcot, Oxon, United Kingdom
Genomics 6:692-6. 1990....
- Physical mapping of the human carbonic anhydrase gene cluster on chromosome 8N Lowe
Department of Biochemistry, University College London, United Kingdom
Genomics 10:882-8. 1991..These genes have been mapped using pulsed-field gel electrophoresis. The genes lie in the order CA2, CA3, CA1. CA2 and CA3 are separated by 20 kb and are transcribed in the same direction, away from CA1...
- Evolution of mammalian carbonic anhydrase loci by tanden duplication: close linkage of Car-1 and Car-2 to the centromere region of chromosome 3 of the mouseE M Eicher
Biochem Genet 14:651-60. 1976Electrophoretic variants of two carbonic anhydrase enzymes CAR-1 (CA I) and Car-2 (CA II), have been found in the laboratory mouse, Mus musculus...
- Identification and minisatellite linkage analysis of SMXA recombinant inbred strains of mice by DNA fingerprintingT Sudo
Laboratory of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Faculty of Agriculture, Kobe University, Japan
Exp Anim 44:87-93. 1995..The results suggested that DNA fingerprinting with M13 phage DNA is applicable not only for strain identification but also for genetic monitoring of RI strains on almost all chromosomes...