Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Car12
Description: carbonic anhydrase 12
Alias: 2310047E01Rik, AI314958, CA-XII, Ca12, carbonic anhydrase 12, CA XII, carbonate dehydratase XII, carbonic anhydrase XII
- Localization of carbonic anhydrase XII to the basolateral membrane of H+-secreting cells of mouse and rat kidneyMatti S Kyllönen
Departments of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
J Histochem Cytochem 51:1217-24. 2003..CA activity has been localized to both luminal and basolateral membranes of the tubule epithelial cells. CA XII is a transmembrane isoenzyme that has been demonstrated in the basolateral plasma membrane of human renal, ..
- Transposon vectors for gene-trap insertional mutagenesis in vertebratesKarl J Clark
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology, and Development, Arnold and Mabel Beckman Center for Transposon Research at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Genesis 39:225-33. 2004....
- Transmembrane carbonic anhydrase isozymes IX and XII in the female mouse reproductive organsPiritta Hynninen
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 2:73. 2004..The twelve active CA isozymes are thought to regulate a variety of cellular functions including several processes in the reproductive systems...
- Expression of hypoxia-inducible, membrane-bound carbonic anhydrase isozyme XII in mouse tissuesPiia Halmi
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol 277:171-7. 2004..In mouse, CA XII has been recently localized in the kidney...
- Expression, assay, and structure of the extracellular domain of murine carbonic anhydrase XIV: implications for selective inhibition of membrane-associated isozymesDouglas A Whittington
Roy and Diana Vagelos Laboratories, Department of Chemistry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 279:7223-8. 2004..amino acid sequence identity of human CA XIV relative to the other membrane-associated isozymes (CA IV, CA IX, and CA XII) is 34-46%...
- Carbonic anhydrase XII in valve interstitial cells promotes the regression of calcific aortic valve stenosisRihab Bouchareb
Laboratoire d Études Moléculaires des Valvulopathies LEMV, Groupe de Recherche en Valvulopathies GRV, Quebec Heart and Lung Institute Research Center, Department of Surgery, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
J Mol Cell Cardiol 82:104-15. 2015..Calcific aortic valve stenosis (CAVS) is the most common heart valve disease. In the present work we sought to determine the reversibility of mineralization in the aortic valve...
- A systematic survey of carbonic anhydrase mRNA expression during mammalian inner ear developmentLing Wu
Department of Anatomy, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Dev Dyn 242:269-80. 2013..To understand the specific roles of CA isozymes in the inner ear, a systematic survey was conducted to reveal temporal and spatial expression patterns of all 16 CA isozymes during inner ear development...
- Expression of carbonic anhydrases IX and XII during mouse embryonic developmentHeini Kallio
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Biokatu 8, FIN 33520 Tampere, Finland
BMC Dev Biol 6:22. 2006..Since active cell migration is a characteristic feature of embryonic development, we set out to explore whether these isozymes are expressed in mouse embryos of different ages. The studies were focused on organogenesis stage...
- Conditional gene expression in the mouse using a Sleeping Beauty gene-trap transposonAron M Geurts
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology, and Development, The Arnold and Mabel Beckman Center for Transposon Research, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
BMC Biotechnol 6:30. 2006..We sought to generate a transposon system that would be capable of reporting the expression pattern of a mouse gene while allowing for conditional expression of a gene of interest in a tissue- or temporal-specific pattern...
- A systematic quantification of carbonic anhydrase transcripts in the mouse digestive systemPei wen Pan
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, 33520, Tampere, Finland
BMC Mol Biol 8:22. 2007..In the present study, we systematically examined the mRNA expression levels of all known CA isozymes by quantitative real-time PCR in eight tissues of the digestive system of male and female mice...
- Carbonic anhydrases in the mouse harderian glandPei wen Pan
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere, Biokatu 6, 33520 Tampere, Finland
J Mol Histol 41:411-7. 2010..Nine CA mRNAs were detectable in the gland. Car5b and Car13 showed the highest signals. Car4, Car6, and Car12 showed moderate expression levels, whereas Car2, Car3, Car7, and Car15 mRNAs were barely within the detection ..