Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Car5b
Description: carbonic anhydrase 5b, mitochondrial
Alias: 7330410H16Rik, CAVB, Ca5b, CarVb, D730005F19Rik, carbonic anhydrase 5B, mitochondrial, CA-VB, carbonate dehydratase VB, carbonic anhydrase VB
- Mitochondrial carbonic anhydrase CA VB: differences in tissue distribution and pattern of evolution from those of CA VA suggest distinct physiological rolesG N Shah
Edward A Doisy Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Department of Pediatrics, St Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:1677-82. 2000A cDNA for a second mouse mitochondrial carbonic anhydrase (CA) called CA VB was identified by homology to the previously characterized murine CA V, now called CA VA...
- Topiramate treatment protects blood-brain barrier pericytes from hyperglycemia-induced oxidative damage in diabetic miceTulin O Price
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, Saint Louis University, Edward A Doisy Research Center, 1100 South Grand Boulevard, St Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
Endocrinology 153:362-72. 2012..Thus, mitochondrial CA may provide a new therapeutic target for oxidative stress related illnesses of the central nervous system...
- A systematic survey of carbonic anhydrase mRNA expression during mammalian inner ear developmentLing Wu
Department of Anatomy, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Dev Dyn 242:269-80. 2013..To understand the specific roles of CA isozymes in the inner ear, a systematic survey was conducted to reveal temporal and spatial expression patterns of all 16 CA isozymes during inner ear development...
- Targeted mutagenesis of mitochondrial carbonic anhydrases VA and VB implicates both enzymes in ammonia detoxification and glucose metabolismGul N Shah
Edward A Doisy Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:7423-8. 2013..of each enzyme, we studied the effects of targeted disruption of the murine CA genes, called Car5A and Car5B. The Car5A mutation had several deleterious consequences...
- A systematic quantification of carbonic anhydrase transcripts in the mouse digestive systemPei wen Pan
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, 33520, Tampere, Finland
BMC Mol Biol 8:22. 2007..In the present study, we systematically examined the mRNA expression levels of all known CA isozymes by quantitative real-time PCR in eight tissues of the digestive system of male and female mice...
- Carbonic anhydrases in the mouse harderian glandPei wen Pan
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere, Biokatu 6, 33520 Tampere, Finland
J Mol Histol 41:411-7. 2010..Nine CA mRNAs were detectable in the gland. Car5b and Car13 showed the highest signals...