Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Car9
Description: carbonic anhydrase 9
Alias: CAIX, Ca9, MN/CA9, carbonic anhydrase 9, CA-IX, carbonate dehydratase IX, carbonic anhydrase IX, membrane antigen MN homolog
- Expression of carbonic anhydrase IX in mouse tissuesMika Hilvo
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere, Biokatu 6, 33520 Tampere, Finland
J Histochem Cytochem 52:1313-22. 2004b>Carbonic anhydrase IX (CA IX) is a unique member of the CA gene family. In contrast to the other isozymes, it has been implicated in regulation of cell proliferation, adhesion, and malignant cell invasion...
- Carbonic anhydrase isozyme-II-deficient mice lack the duodenal bicarbonate secretory response to prostaglandin E2Mari Leppilampi
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, FI 33520 Tampere, Finland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:15247-52. 2005..0001. The DBS response to PGE2 was completely absent in Car2-/- mice, whereas basal DBS was normal. The CA IX-deficient mice with normal Car2 alleles showed a slight increase in DBS...
- Expression of membrane-bound carbonic anhydrases IV, IX, and XIV in the mouse heartRenate J Scheibe
Zentrum Physiologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Histochem Cytochem 54:1379-91. 2006Expression of membrane-bound carbonic anhydrases (CAs) of CA IV, CA IX, CA XII, and CA XIV has been investigated in the mouse heart...
- Carbonic anhydrase IX has chaperone-like functions and is an immunoadjuvantYanping Wang
Department of Urologic Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:3867-77. 2008b>Carbonic anhydrase IX (CA9) is a hypoxia-regulated, transmembrane protein associated with neoplastic growth in a large spectrum of human tumors...
- Gastric hyperplasia in mice with targeted disruption of the carbonic anhydrase gene Car9Marta Ortova Gut
Department of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Molecular Pharmacology and Medical Center of Free University of Berlin, Germany
Gastroenterology 123:1889-903. 2002..It is normally present in basolateral membranes of gastrointestinal epithelial cells and ectopically expressed in various carcinomas. To show its physiologic relevance, we have cloned the Car9 gene and generated CA IX-deficient mice.
- Brain phenotype of carbonic anhydrase IX-deficient micePei wen Pan
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere, Biokatu 6, 33520, Tampere, Finland
Transgenic Res 21:163-76. 2012..5-year-old carbonic anhydrase IX (CA IX)-deficient (Car9 (-/-)) mice...
- Gastric pit cell hyperplasia and glandular atrophy in carbonic anhydrase IX knockout mice: studies on two strains C57/BL6 and BALB/CMari Leppilampi
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University of Oulu, P O Box 5000, FIN 90014 Oulu, Finland
Transgenic Res 14:655-63. 2005..in gastric morphogenesis, since a recent study has shown gastric pit cell hyperplasia and glandular atrophy in CA IX-knockout mice...
- Carbonic anhydrase gene expression in CA II-deficient (Car2-/-) and CA IX-deficient (Car9-/-) micePeiwen Pan
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Biokatu 6, 33520 Tampere, Finland
J Physiol 571:319-27. 2006..IV, IX, XII, XIII and XIV in the brain, kidney, stomach and colon of the wild-type, CA II-deficient (Car2-/-), and CA IX deficient (Car9-/-) mice...
- Carbonic anhydrases IV and IX: subcellular localization and functional role in mouse skeletal muscleRenate J Scheibe
Zentrum Biochemie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 294:C402-12. 2008The subcellular localization of carbonic anhydrase (CA) IV and CA IX in mouse skeletal muscle fibers has been studied immunohistochemically by confocal laser scanning microscopy...
- In Vivo Loss of Function Screening Reveals Carbonic Anhydrase IX as a Key Modulator of Tumor Initiating Potential in Primary Pancreatic TumorsNabendu Pore
MedImmune, LLC, Gaithersburg, MD, USA Electronic address
Neoplasia 17:473-80. 2015..Several targets including carbonic anhydrase IX (CAIX), monocarboxylate transporter 4, and anionic amino acid transporter light chain, xc- system (xCT) ..
- Carbonic anhydrase IX promotes myeloid-derived suppressor cell mobilization and establishment of a metastatic niche by stimulating G-CSF productionShawn C Chafe
Department of Integrative Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Research Centre, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Cancer Res 75:996-1008. 2015..b>Carbonic anhydrase IX (CAIX, CA9) expression is highly upregulated in hypoxic breast cancer cells through the action of hypoxia-..
- Expression patterns and subcellular localization of carbonic anhydrases are developmentally regulated during tooth formationClaes Göran Reibring
Department of Oral Biochemistry, Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Goteborg, Sweden
PLoS ONE 9:e96007. 2014..All CAs studied were produced by MA, however CAIV, CAIX and CARPXI proteins were distinctly enriched in the ruffled membrane of the ruffled MA but exhibited a homogeneous ..
- Tbx1 regulates brain vascularizationSara Cioffi
Institute of Genetics and Biophysics ABT
Hum Mol Genet 23:78-89. 2014..2DS patients and to evaluate whether some of the anatomical and functional brain anomalies in patients may have a microvascular origin. ..
- Downregulation of carbonic anhydrase IX promotes Col10a1 expression in chondrocytesToshifumi Maruyama
Department of Biochemistry, School of Dentistry, Showa University, Shinagawa, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 8:e56984. 2013..While it is known that CA IX is distributed in human embryonic chondrocytes, its role in chondrocyte differentiation has not been reported...
- A systematic survey of carbonic anhydrase mRNA expression during mammalian inner ear developmentLing Wu
Department of Anatomy, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Dev Dyn 242:269-80. 2013..To understand the specific roles of CA isozymes in the inner ear, a systematic survey was conducted to reveal temporal and spatial expression patterns of all 16 CA isozymes during inner ear development...
- Hypoxia-induced expression of carbonic anhydrase 9 is dependent on the unfolded protein responseTwan van den Beucken
Department of Radiation Oncology Maastro Lab, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 284:24204-12. 2009..Through gene expression profiling we discovered that induction of the HIF-1 target gene CA9 was defective in mouse embryo fibroblasts derived from mice harboring an eIF2alpha S51A knock-in mutation...
- In vivo identification and specificity assessment of mRNA markers of hypoxia in human and mouse tumorsMorten Busk
Department of Experimental Clinical Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
BMC Cancer 11:63. 2011..g., low pH). Here we describe a new technique that by exploiting intratumoral oxygenation heterogeneity allows us to identify and objectively rank the most robust mRNA hypoxia biomarkers...
- T tubules and surface membranes provide equally effective pathways of carbonic anhydrase-facilitated lactic acid transport in skeletal muscleJanine Hallerdei
Molecular and Cell Physiology, Vegetative Physiologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Hannover, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e15137. 2010..CA) of EDL in lactic acid transport was investigated by measuring lactate flux in muscles from wildtype, CAIV-, CAIX- and CAXIV-single ko, CAIV-CAXIV double ko and CAIV-CAIX-CAXIV-triple ko mice...
- Global transcriptional response to carbonic anhydrase IX deficiency in the mouse stomachHeini Kallio
Institute of Medical Technology and School of Medicine, University of Tampere, Biokatu 6, FI 33520 Tampere, Finland
BMC Genomics 11:397. 2010Carbonic anhydrases (CAs) are a family of enzymes that regulate pH homeostasis in various tissues. CA IX is an exceptional member of this family because in addition to the basic CA function, it has been implicated in several other ..
- The asparaginyl hydroxylase factor inhibiting HIF-1alpha is an essential regulator of metabolismNa Zhang
Molecular Biology Section, Division of Biological Sciences, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Cell Metab 11:364-78. 2010..These results demonstrate that FIH acts to a significant degree through the nervous system to regulate metabolism...
- Targeted inactivation of fh1 causes proliferative renal cyst development and activation of the hypoxia pathwayPatrick J Pollard
Molecular and Population Genetics Laboratory, Histopathology Department, London Research Institute, Cancer Research UK, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College London, United Kingdom
Cancer Cell 11:311-9. 2007..Our mouse may be useful for testing therapeutic interventions that target angiogenesis and HIF-prolyl hydroxylation...
- A systematic quantification of carbonic anhydrase transcripts in the mouse digestive systemPei wen Pan
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, 33520, Tampere, Finland
BMC Mol Biol 8:22. 2007..In the present study, we systematically examined the mRNA expression levels of all known CA isozymes by quantitative real-time PCR in eight tissues of the digestive system of male and female mice...
- Expression of carbonic anhydrases IX and XII during mouse embryonic developmentHeini Kallio
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Biokatu 8, FIN 33520 Tampere, Finland
BMC Dev Biol 6:22. 2006Of the thirteen active carbonic anhydrase (CA) isozymes, CA IX and XII have been linked to carcinogenesis...
- Monoclonal antibodies generated in carbonic anhydrase IX-deficient mice recognize different domains of tumour-associated hypoxia-induced carbonic anhydrase IXMiriam Zat'ovicová
Centre of Molecular Medicine, Institute of Virology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Dubravska cesta 9, 845 05, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
J Immunol Methods 282:117-34. 2003Transmembrane carbonic anhydrase IX (CA IX) is frequently expressed in human tumours in response to hypoxia and may serve as a tumour marker and therapeutic target...