Genomes and Genes
carbonic anhydrase VII
Gene Symbol: carbonic anhydrase VII
Description: carbonic anhydrase 7
Alias: AV343731, Ca7, carbonic anhydrase 7, CA-VII, carbonate dehydratase VII, carbonic anhydrase VII
- The catalytic properties of murine carbonic anhydrase VIIJ N Earnhardt
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610, USA
Biochemistry 37:10837-45. 1998b>Carbonic anhydrase VII (CA VII) appears to be the most highly conserved of the active mammalian carbonic anhydrases. We have characterized the catalytic activity and inhibition properties of a recombinant murine CA VII...
- Neuronal carbonic anhydrase VII provides GABAergic excitatory drive to exacerbate febrile seizuresEva Ruusuvuori
Department of Biosciences, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
EMBO J 32:2275-86. 2013Brain carbonic anhydrases (CAs) are known to modulate neuronal signalling. Using a novel CA VII (Car7) knockout (KO) mouse as well as a CA II (Car2) KO and a CA II/VII double KO, we show that mature hippocampal pyramidal neurons are ..
- A systematic survey of carbonic anhydrase mRNA expression during mammalian inner ear developmentLing Wu
Department of Anatomy, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Dev Dyn 242:269-80. 2013..To understand the specific roles of CA isozymes in the inner ear, a systematic survey was conducted to reveal temporal and spatial expression patterns of all 16 CA isozymes during inner ear development...
- Annexin VII relocalization as a result of dystrophin deficiencyS Selbert
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Martinsried, Federal Republic of Germany
Exp Cell Res 222:199-208. 1996..The potential of annexin VII to serve as a tool with which cellular Ca2+ levels can be studied and different muscular disorders classified is discussed...
- Expression of mouse carbonic anhydrase VII in E. coli and demonstration of its CO2 hydrase activityM M Lakkis
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 226:268-72. 1996..Although the gene for human CA VII has been cloned and characterized, the corresponding protein has not previously been purified, and hence, the CO2 ..
- A systematic quantification of carbonic anhydrase transcripts in the mouse digestive systemPei wen Pan
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, 33520, Tampere, Finland
BMC Mol Biol 8:22. 2007..In the present study, we systematically examined the mRNA expression levels of all known CA isozymes by quantitative real-time PCR in eight tissues of the digestive system of male and female mice...
- Carbonic anhydrases in the mouse harderian glandPei wen Pan
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere, Biokatu 6, 33520 Tampere, Finland
J Mol Histol 41:411-7. 2010..The high expression of mitochondrial CAVB at both mRNA and protein levels suggests a role in lipid synthesis, a key physiological process of the harderian gland...