Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ces1c
Description: carboxylesterase 1C
Alias: Ces-N, Ee-1, Ee1, Es-4, Es-N, Es1, Es4, EsN, PESN, carboxylesterase 1C, PES-N, esterase 1, liver carboxylesterase N, lung surfactant convertase
- Phospho-NSAIDs have enhanced efficacy in mice lacking plasma carboxylesterase: implications for their clinical pharmacologyChi C Wong
Division of Cancer Prevention, Department of Medicine, Stony Brook University, HSC, T 17 Room 080, Stony Brook, NY, 11794 8173, USA
Pharm Res 32:1663-75. 2015The purpose of the study was to evaluate the metabolism, pharmacokinetics and efficacy of phospho-NSAIDs in Ces1c-knockout mice.
- Hepatic carboxylesterase 1 is induced by glucose and regulates postprandial glucose levelsJiesi Xu
Department of Integrative Medical Sciences, Northeast Ohio Medical University, Rootstown, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e109663. 2014..In conclusion, the present study uncovers a novel glucose-CES1-glucose pathway which may play an important role in regulating postprandial blood glucose levels. ..
- Esterase-17 (ES-17): characterization and genetic location on chromosome 9 of a bis-p-nitrophenyl phosphate-resistant esterase of the house mouse (Mus musculus)J Otto
Biochem Genet 21:37-48. 1983..1.1.6). ES-17 was shown to be controlled by the structural locus Es-17, located on chromosome 9. From test-cross data, a gene order of Es-17-8.7 +/- 2.5 map units-Mpi-1-10.2 +/- 2.7 map units-Mod-1 was established...
- Polymorphism and linkage of glutathione reductase in Mus musculusE A Nichols
Biochem Genet 13:323-9. 1975..Using an electrophoretic variant for glutathione reductase, we have been able to map the structural gene for this enzyme to chromosome 8 in Mus musculus...
- Control of RhoA methylation by carboxylesterase IIan Cushman
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 288:19177-83. 2013..These data provide compelling evidence that C-terminal modification of prenyl proteins, rather than being purely a constitutive process, can serve as a point of regulation of function for this important class of protein. ..
- Genetic mapping of ecotropic murine leukemia virus-inducing loci in six inbred strainsC A Kozak
J Exp Med 155:524-34. 1982..These studies provide further evidence that endogenous ecotropic V loci are present at different chromosomal sites in unrelated mouse strains and emphasize the role of germ line reinfections in the generation of this diversity...
- Assignment of the gene for adenine phosphoribosyltransferase on the genetic map of mouse chromosome 8T B Nesterova
Institute of Cytology and Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Siberian Department, Novosibirsk
Biochem Genet 25:563-8. 1987..The recombination distance between the centromere and Aprt is 44 +/- 7 cM, and that between Es-1 and Aprt is 25 +/- 2 cM, i.e., the probable order of the markers examined is cen-Es-1-Aprt on chromosome 8...
- The genetic control of two types of esterases in inbred strains of the mouseF H Ruddle
Genetics 54:191-202. 1966
- Disturbances in developmental pathways leading to a neurological disorder of genetic origin, "leaner", in miceC H Yoon
Dev Biol 20:158-81. 1969
- Serum esterases in the house mouse, Mus musculusM L Petras
Can J Genet Cytol 9:704-10. 1967
- Biochemical polymorphisms in feral and inbred mice (mus musculus)T H Roderick
Biochem Genet 5:457-66. 1971
- Esterase genetics in Mus musculus: expression, linkage, and polymorphism of locus Es-2F H Ruddle
Genetics 62:393-9. 1969
- Linkage of serum esterase and tottering in the mouseS Tsuji
J Hered 60:221-2. 1969
- Allelically-determined isozyme polymorphisms in laboratory populations of miceF H Ruddle
Ann N Y Acad Sci 151:531-9. 1968
- Evidence for allelism of leaner and tottering in the mouseS Tsuji
Genet Res 17:83-8. 1971
- Linkage and expression of the Eg locus controlling inclusion of beta-glucuronidase into microsomesT R Karl
Biochem Genet 11:367-72. 1974
- The genetics of an electrophoretic variant of an erythrocytic protein in the house mouse (Mus musculus)G C Kirby
Anim Blood Groups Biochem Genet 5:153-7. 1974
- Variations among sublines of inbred AKR miceR T Acton
Nat New Biol 245:8-10. 1973
- Glutamate oxalate transaminase (GOT) genetics in Mus musculus: linkage, polymorphism, and phenotypes of the Got-2 and Got-1 lociR J DeLorenzo
Biochem Genet 4:259-73. 1970
- Biochemistry and genetics of esterase-20 (ES-20), a second trimeric carboxylesterase of the house mouse (Mus musculus). II. A unique recombination reveals ES-20 as a hybrid enzymeB Wassmer
Biochem Genet 23:759-70. 1985..This result satisfactorily accounted for the genetic finding, as well as a range of biochemical properties of ES-20...
- Identification and development of a genetically closely-linked carboxylesterase family of the mouse liverW Berning
Comp Biochem Physiol B 80:859-65. 1985..Allelic variation of the temporal genes was more limited than that of the corresponding structural genes...
- Genetic characterization of important mouse strains used in cancer researchH H Krog
Hereditas 87:201-4. 1977
- Genetics and evolution of the acute phase proteins in miceH Baumann
Mol Gen Genet 201:505-12. 1985....
- Linkage of the gene for uncoupling protein to esterase-1,2 and haptoglobin in the ratM Otsen
Department of Laboratory Animal Science, University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Hered 84:149-51. 1993..Genetic analysis of a (BN x LEW)LEW backcross showed that Hp is linked to Ucp, thus indicating that the Hp locus is also located on chromosome 19. These results substantiate the linkage homology of RNO 19, MMU 8, and HSA 16...
- Induction of plasma acetylcholinesterase activity in mice challenged with organophosphorus poisonsEllen G Duysen
Eppley Institute, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5950, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 255:214-20. 2011..We hypothesize that acetylcholinesterase activity is induced when cells undergo apoptosis and that consequently there is a rise in the level of plasma acetylcholinesterase...
- Esterase 1 is a novel transcriptional repressor of growth hormone receptor gene expression: a unique noncatalytic role for a carboxyesterase proteinJinhong Sun
Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5718, USA
Mol Endocrinol 25:1351-63. 2011..A cDNA phage expression library was screened to identify a phage clone expressing esterase 1 (ES1) binding to the FFA-response element (FARE), L2-D1, in the murine GHR promoter...
- Es-x/Ces1 prevents triacylglycerol accumulation in McArdle-RH7777 hepatocytesKerry W S Ko
Group on Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2S2
Biochim Biophys Acta 1791:1133-43. 2009..Overall, these results suggest that Es-x limits hepatic TG accumulation by promoting beta-oxidation...
- LOCI LINKAGE OF SERUM ESTERASE PATTERNS AND OLIGOSYNDACTYLYR A Popp
J Hered 56:107-8. 1965
- Inheritance of serum esterases having different electrophoretic patternsR A Popp
J Hered 53:111-4. 1962
- Molecular cloning, characterization, and differential expression pattern of mouse lung surfactant convertaseS Krishnasamy
Research Service, Hines Veterans Affairs Hospital, Hines, Illinois 60141, USA
Am J Physiol 275:L969-75. 1998..It thus may be the first member of the carboxylesterase family (EC 126.96.36.199) to be expressed in lung parenchyma and the first with a known physiological function...
- Regulation of mouse liver microsomal esterases by clofibrate and sexual hormonesA G Parker
Department of Entomology and Environmental Toxicology, University of California, Davis 95616 8584, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 51:677-85. 1996..Enzyme staining of native polyacrylamide gels reveals that the latter is true, with the majority of esterases present in mouse liver microsomes being induced to a small degree by clofibrate...
- Re-localization of Actsk-1 to mouse chromosome 8, a new region of homology with human chromosome 1S Alonso
Unité de Génétique Moléculaire du Développement, URA 1148, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Mamm Genome 4:15-20. 1993..Intermingling on this scale between human and mouse chromosomal homologies that occurred during evolution creates disorders in comparative linkage studies...
- Allelism and linkage studies of murine leukemia virus activation genes in low leukemic strains of miceJ McCubrey
J Exp Med 155:1233-8. 1982..Our data are consistent with two possibilities: Inc-1 and Inb-1 are part of the virus-inducing genes Cv-1 and Bv-1, respectively , or Inc-1 and Inb2-1 are tightly linked regulatory genes...
- Adrenocortical dysplasia: a mouse model system for adrenocortical insufficiencyW G Beamer
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
J Endocrinol 141:33-43. 1994..The role of acd action in adrenal cortical development remains to be established...
- Chromosomal localization of the murine cadherin-11I Hoffman
Institut fur Saugetiergenetik, GSF Forschungszentrum Neuherberg, Oberschleissheim, Germany
Mamm Genome 6:304. 1995
- Interstrain variation of esterase-22, a new isozyme of the house mouseE Eisenhardt
Comp Biochem Physiol B 73:719-24. 1982..4. A gene locus Es-22 with five alleles is suggested. 5. It is proposed that the genes coding for the carboxylesterase isozyme system on chromosome 8 constitute a multigene family as defined by Hood et al. (1975)...
- Kidney esterases of Mus musculus: further polymorphism of esterase-6, esterase-9, and a new esterase, esterase-20H R Nash
Biochem Genet 20:537-54. 1982..Esterase-20 may be an aggregated product of Es-9. The close linkage of Es-6 and Es-9 is confirmed. Homology of esterase-6 with esterases from other mammalian species is also suggested...
- Purification and characterization of esterase 1F, the albumin esterase of the house mouse (Mus musculus)J Otto
Eur J Biochem 116:285-91. 1981..1.1.1) coded for by chromosome 8. Esterase 1F was compared with three other genetically related isozymes, esterase 2, esterase 7 and esterase 9, with respect to some physical and catalytic properties...
- Esterase-23 (ES-23): characterization of a new carboxylesterase isozyme (EC 188.8.131.52) of the house mouse, genetically linked to ES-2 on chromosome 8O H von Deimling
Biochem Genet 22:769-82. 1984..Of the five phenotypes, only ES-23B was expressed in lung. This variation is apparently controlled by a cis-acting regulatory element, presumably a temporal locus, Es-23t, closely linked to the presumed structural locus Es-23e...
- Ecotropic murine leukemia virus DNA content of normal and lymphomatous tissues of BXH-2 recombinant inbred miceN A Jenkins
J Virol 42:379-88. 1982....
- Genetic and biochemical characterization of a new chymotrypsin isozyme of the house mouse, CTRA-1O H von Deimling
Abteilung für Chemische Pathologie, Universitat Freiburg, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Biochem Genet 29:545-57. 1991..From two backcross series, including a total of 274 animals, the gene order (Es-1, Es-9)-3.9 +/- 1.7%-Got-2-3.9 +/- 1.7%-(Es-2, Es-7, Es-23)-0.7 +/- 0.5%- Ctra-1-6.3 +/- 2.2%-Prt-2 was established...
- Esterase-6 (Es-6) in laboratory mice: hormone-influenced expression and linkage relationship to oligosyndactylism (Os), esterase-1 (Es-1), and esterase-2 (Es-2) in chromosome 8J E Womack
Biochem Genet 13:311-22. 1975..A four-point test cross established the gene order Os-Es-1-Es-6-Es-2 within a 10-cM segment on chromosome 8...
- Esterases of Mus musculus: substrate and inhibition characteristics, new isozymes, and homologies with manJ Peters
Biochem Genet 16:553-69. 1978..From substrate, inhibition, and molecular weight studies, three homologies between human and mouse esterases are suggested. A new allele at Es-6 is also described...
- Chromosomal homology of rabbit (Oryctolagus cuniculus) linkage group VI with rodent speciesR R Fox
Genetics 93:183-8. 1979..LG VI now contains five loci with the following order and intervening map distances: Es-1, Es-2 complex--6.3 +/- 2.1 cM--Est-1, Est-2 complex--18.5 +/- 3.7 cM--e...
- Identification of a new allele of Es-I segregating in an inbred strain of miceE R Soares
Biochem Genet 17:577-83. 1979..To date, no discernible deleterious effects have been identified as associated with this mutation...
- Polymorphism of esterase 11 in Mus musculus, a further esterase locus on chromosome 8J Peters
Biochem Genet 15:217-26. 1977..In F1 hybrids (IS/Cam X C57BL/Gr), the phenotype shown corresponds to a mixture of the two parental phenotypes. In backcrosses, ES-11 segregates as an autosomal gene, designated Es-11, closely linked to Es-2 and Es-5 on chromosome 8...
- Identification and genetic monitoring of mouse inbred strains using biochemical polymorphismsA Groen
Lab Anim 11:209-14. 1977..These findings emphasize the possibility and the necessity of monitoring the genetic purity of inbred strains of mice. A routine monitoring scheme using body protein-polymorphisms is proposed...
- Genetic study of pancreatic proteinase in mice (Mus musculus): genetic variants of trypsin and chymotrypsinT Watanabe
Biochem Genet 14:697-707. 1976..Prt-3 is present only in the strain Mol-A. Linkage experimentation has shown that Prt-1 is closely linked to Prt-3...
- Genetic study of pancreatic proteinase in mice (Mus musculus): linkage of the Prt-2 locus on chromosome 8T Watanabe
Biochem Genet 14:999-1002. 1976..5% between Es-2 and Prt-2. From these data, the map position of Prt-2 has been estimated on chromosome 8. The Prt-1 and Prt-3 loci, which are linked very closely on the same chromosome, were not determined...
- Genetics of susceptibility to plasmacytoma induction. I. BALB/cAnN (C), C57BL/6N (B6), C57BL/Ka (BK), (C times B6)F1, (C times BK)F1, and C times B recombinant-inbred strainsM Potter
J Natl Cancer Inst 54:1413-7. 1975..The distribution pattern of susceptibility and resistance in the C times B Rl strains suggested the presence of a resistance gene on chromosome 9, linkage group II...
- Esterase-1: developmental expression in the mouse and distribution of related proteins in other speciesS S Kadner
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, New York University School of Medicine, New York 10016
Arch Biochem Biophys 296:435-41. 1992b>Esterase 1 (Es-1) is a sexually dimorphic 65-kDa glycoprotein present in plasma and other murine tissues able to hydrolyze a variety of esters including fatty acid esters of estradiol...
- Characterization and functional expression of a cDNA encoding egasyn (esterase-22): the endoplasmic reticulum-targeting protein of beta-glucuronidaseM Ovnic
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229
Genomics 11:956-67. 1991..The features of the deduced amino acid sequence of the egasyn cDNA are compared with previously characterized carboxylesterases and with other lumenal ER proteins...
- [Localization of the gene coding for adenine phosphoribosyltransferase on the genetic map of chromosome 8 in the mouse]T B Nesterova
Genetika 24:829-35. 1988..The Aprt gene was mapped using two markers: plasma esterase 1 coded by the gene Es-1 situated at the distance of 26 morgans from the centromere, and a Robertsonian ..
- Characterization of a murine cDNA encoding a member of the carboxylesterase multigene familyM Ovnic
Institute for Developmental Research, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229
Genomics 9:344-54. 1991..5 kDa. Upon the addition of microsomes, this product was processed into a protein of 60.4 kDa, which is within the size range of monomeric units of mouse carboxylesterases...
- Genetic characterization of esterase 28 (ES-28) of the house mouseO H von Deimling
Pathologisches Institut, Abteilung für Chemische Pathologie, Universitat Freiburg, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Biochem Genet 29:55-63. 1991..Four phenotypes are distinguished. Segregation of Es-28 in two backcross series indicated linkage to Es-1, Es-9, and Es-22. The Es-28 locus was placed into esterase cluster 1 on chromosome 8...
- An interspecific backcross linkage map of mouse chromosome 8J D Ceci
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, NCI Frederick Cancer Research Facility, Maryland 21701
Genomics 6:72-9. 1990..A conserved linkage group was identified between mouse chromosome 8 and human chromosome 16. The map will be useful for establishing linkage of other markers to mouse chromosome 8...
- Linkage of Nat and Es-1 in the mouse and development of strains congenic for N-acetyltransferaseS S Mattano
Department of Pharmacology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0626
J Hered 79:430-3. 1988..B and B x A recombinant inbred (RI) strains indicated linkage between the N-acetyltransferase gene (Nat) and the esterase 1 (Es-1) gene, located on mouse chromosome 8...
- A multilocus linkage map of mouse chromosome 8C Fletcher
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021
Genomics 9:737-41. 1991..This analysis positions a new extremely proximal marker on chromosome 8, which is discussed as a potential candidate gene for the nervous locus. These linkage data will be useful for the mapping of additional loci on chromosome 8...
- Chromosomal localization of the three members of the jun proto-oncogene family in mouse and manM G Mattei
INSERM U242, Hopital d Enfants de la Timone, Marseille, France
Oncogene 5:151-6. 1990..Finally, the present data identify a new segmental homology between mouse and human chromosomes...
- Chromosomal assignment of two endogenous ecotropic murine leukemia virus proviruses of the AKR/J mouse strainB A Taylor
J Virol 56:172-5. 1985..Akv-3 is the second ecotropic murine leukemia virus provirus to be mapped near the agouti locus. The results are discussed in relation to possible nonrandomness of viral integration...
- Marked increases in hepatic NAD(P)H:oxidoreductase gene transcription and mRNA levels correlated with a mouse chromosome 7 deletionD D Petersen
Laboratory of Developmental Pharmacology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, MD 20892
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:6699-703. 1989..The mechanism of tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin inducibility of the Cyp1a1, Cyp1a2, and Nmo-1 genes is, therefore, independent of the mechanism of Nmo-1 gene activation in untreated c14CoS/c14CoS mice...
- Chromosomal mapping of the structural gene coding for the mouse cell adhesion molecule uvomorulinH R Eistetter
Friedrich Miescher Laboratorium, Max Planck Gesellschaft, Tubingen, Federal Republic of Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 85:3489-93. 1988..Recombination frequency between Um and the co-segregating loci serum esterase 1 (Es-1) and tyrosine aminotransferase (Tat) places Um about 14 centimorgan (cM) distal to Es-1, and 5 cM proximal ..
- cDNA cloning of esterase 1, the major esterase activity in mouse plasmaT L Genetta
Department of Environmental Medicine, New York University Medical Center, New York 10016
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 151:1364-70. 1988We report here the cloning of a partial cDNA for Esterase 1, the major esterase activity in mouse plasma...
- Gene mapping on mouse chromosome 8 by interspecific crosses: new data on a linkage group conserved on human chromosome 16qG Scherer
Institute of Human Genetics, Freiburg, Federal Republic of Germany
Genomics 5:275-82. 1989..While map distances between HP-TAT,HP-CTRB, and TAT-CTRB of respectively 7, 11, and 9 cM have previously been measured in man, no crossovers between Hp, Tat, and Ctrb were observed in over 100 meioses in the mouse...
- Mapping of the gene for DNA polymerase beta to mouse chromosome 8O W McBride
Laboratory of Biochemistry, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Cytogenet Cell Genet 53:108-11. 1990..These results provide additional support for the regional localization of polymerase beta on the short arm of human chromosome 8 or the very proximal end of the long arm...
- Chromosomal localization of zinc finger protein genes in man and mouseA Ashworth
Institute of Cancer Research, Chester Beatty Laboratories, London, United Kingdom
Genomics 4:323-7. 1989..In humans ZFP3 has been localized to chromosome 17p12-17pter and thus is part of the conserved linkage group between this chromosome and the distal half of mouse chromosome 11...
- Esterase-29 (ES-29): biochemical characterization and control by two independent gene loci of a testosterone-dependent mouse serum esteraseO von Deimling
Abteilung für Chemische Pathologie, Universityät Freiburg, BRD
Biochem Genet 30:421-36. 1992..Two alleles were distinguished, Mse-1a (BALB/cJ) and Mse-1m (MOL3/JA, Cas-Bgr), which determine whether ES-29 appears as a single band or a double band, respectively. Mse-1m is dominant to Mse-1a...
- Mitochondrial uncoupling protein from mouse brown fat. Molecular cloning, genetic mapping, and mRNA expressionA Jacobsson
J Biol Chem 260:16250-4. 1985..Accordingly, the inability of diabetic and obese mice to thermoregulate is not associated with a lack of UCP mRNA induction...
- Chromosomal localization of genes encoding guanine nucleotide-binding protein subunits in mouse and humanC Blatt
Weizmann Institute, Rehovoth, Israel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 85:7642-6. 1988..These mapping assignments will be useful in defining the extent of the G alpha gene family and may help in attempts to correlate specific genetic diseases with genes corresponding to G proteins...
- A mouse linkage testing stock possessing multiple copies of the endogenous ecotropic murine leukemia virus genomeB A Taylor
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Genomics 5:221-32. 1989..Ways of further improving the MEV stock are discussed. The location of the Myb proto-oncogene is defined relative to Sl and one of the C58/J proviruses on chromosome 10...
- Genotyping new BXD recombinant inbred mouse strains and comparison of BXD and consensus mapsB A Taylor
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Mamm Genome 10:335-48. 1999..Alternatively, recombinant genotypes could be selected against during inbreeding owing to allelic interactions affecting fitness. The latter interpretation implies that relatively strong intrachromosomal epistasis is common...
- High-resolution mapping of a linkage group on mouse chromosome 8 conserved on human chromosome 16QJ Becker-Follmann
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Freiburg, Breisacherstr 33, D 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Mamm Genome 8:172-7. 1997..The following locus order with distances in cM was obtained: (centromere)-Os-4.1-Mmp2-0.2-Ces1,Es1, Es22-1.2-Mt1,D8Mit15-2.2-Got2, D8Mit11-3.7-Es30-0.3-Es2, Es7-0.9-Ctra1,Lcat-0.3-Cdh1, Cadp, Nmor1, D8Mit12-0...
- Structure and chromosomal location of the mouse medium-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase-encoding gene and its promoterR J Tolwani
Department of Comparative Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham 35294 0019, USA
Gene 170:165-71. 1996..Biol. Chem. 268 (1993) 13805-13810]. We have mapped mouse Acadm to the distal end of chromosome 3. Sequences previously localized to chromosome 8 are shown to be a pseudogene, and an additional pseudogene was identified on chromosome 11...
- Morphologic analysis of enteric lesions in conventional and streptomycin-treated inbred C3H/HeN mice infected with Serpulina (Treponema) hyodysenteriaeJ V Mysore
Department of Veterinary Science, University of Nebraska Lincoln 68583 0905
Lab Anim Sci 42:7-12. 1992..S. hyodysenteriae was reisolated from 10 of 12 mice in each infected group (A and C) from day 14 (7th day postinoculation) through day 35 (28th day postinoculation).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- The AXB and BXA set of recombinant inbred mouse strainsJ D Marshall
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609 1500
Mamm Genome 3:669-80. 1992..Thus, the AXB and BXA set of RI strains will be useful in the genetic analysis of several complex diseases...
- Genetic and developmental regulation of the lipoprotein lipase gene: loci both distal and proximal to the lipoprotein lipase structural gene control enzyme expressionT G Kirchgessner
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles 90024
J Biol Chem 264:1473-82. 1989..This indicates that combined deficiencies of LPL and hepatic lipase, observed in humans as well as in certain mutant strains of mice, do not result from focal disruptions of a cluster of lipase genes...
- Mapping of the taurine transporter gene to mouse chromosome 6 and to the short arm of human chromosome 3A Patel
Neuroscience Branch, National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Genomics 25:314-7. 1995..These data extend a conserved linkage group on mouse chromosome 6 and human chromosome 3p. Deletion of TAUT might contribute to some phenotypic features of the 3p- syndrome...
- Hyperproinsulinaemia in obese fat/fat mice associated with a carboxypeptidase E mutation which reduces enzyme activityJ K Naggert
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Nat Genet 10:135-42. 1995..Thus, the fat mutation represents the first demonstration of an obesity-diabetes syndrome elicited by a genetic defect in a prohormone processing pathway...
- Ras-like genes and gene families in the mouseG Drivas
Department of Biochemistry, New York University Medical Center, New York 10016
Mamm Genome 1:112-7. 1991..Two possible clusters of Ras-like and/or G protein genes were identified, on Chrs 9 and 17...
- Activated T cells express a novel gene on chromosome 8 that is closely related to the murine ecotropic retroviral receptorC L MacLeod
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093
Mol Cell Biol 10:3663-74. 1990..Neither gene product displayed significant homology with other known transmembrane-spanning proteins. Thus, the Tea and Rec-1 genes establish a new family encoding multiple membrane-spanning proteins...
- Isolation, characterization and chromosomal mapping of the mouse tyrosine aminotransferase geneG Muller
J Mol Biol 184:367-73. 1985..Since the albino deletions are located on mouse chromosome 7, the assignment of the TAT gene to chromosome 8 suggests that a regulatory factor(s) affecting TAT gene expression acts in trans...
- Genetic mapping in the mouse of four loci related to the jun family of transcriptional activatorsM Shapiro
Laboratory of Immunopathology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Somat Cell Mol Genet 17:341-7. 1991..Probes for jun D identified two genetic loci; one, Jund-1, is near Junb on Chr 8, and a second, previously unidentified locus termed Jund-2, was mapped to Chr 2...
- Zinc finger protein gene complexes on mouse chromosomes 8 and 11J H Nadeau
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Genomics 8:469-76. 1990..Surprisingly, both genes were closely linked to two previously mapped, Krüppel-related zinc finger protein genes, suggesting that they are part of gene complexes...