Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: COX2
Description: cytochrome c oxidase subunit II
- Analysis of mouse models of cytochrome c oxidase deficiency owing to mutations in Sco2Hua Yang
Department of Neurology, Columbia University Medical Center, Berrie 303A, New York, NY 10032, USA
Hum Mol Genet 19:170-80. 2010..These mouse models should be of use in further studies of Sco2 function, as well as in testing therapeutic approaches to treat the human disorder...
- Targeting COX-2 and EP4 to control tumor growth, angiogenesis, lymphangiogenesis and metastasis to the lungs and lymph nodes in a breast cancer modelXiping Xin
Departments of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Lab Invest 92:1115-28. 2012..We suggest that EP4 antagonists deserve clinical testing for chemo-intervention of lymphatic metastasis in human breast cancer...
- Regulation of inducible heme oxygenase and cyclooxygenase isozymes in a mouse model of spotted fever group rickettsiosisElena Rydkina
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, USA
Microb Pathog 53:28-36. 2012....
- Puromycin induces reversible proteinuric injury in transgenic mice expressing cyclooxygenase-2 in podocytesYoung Il Jo
Division of Nephrology, George M O Brien Kidney and Urologic Diseases Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine and Nashville Veterans Affairs Hospital, Nashville, Tenn 37232, USA
Nephron Exp Nephrol 107:e87-94. 2007..In summary, in transgenic mice with podocyte COX-2 overexpression, PAN increased albuminuria and induced foot process fusion. Thus, increased COX-2 expression increased podocyte susceptibility to further injury...
- Physical exercise regulates p53 activity targeting SCO2 and increases mitochondrial COX biogenesis in cardiac muscle with ageZhengtang Qi
Key Laboratory of Adolescent Health Assessment and Exercise Intervention, Ministry of Education, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 6:e21140. 2011..Our data suggest that physical exercise attenuates age-related changes in mitochondrial COX biogenesis and p53 activity targeting SCO2 and mitochondria, and thereby induces antisenescent and protective effects in cardiac muscle...
- Inactivation of cytochrome c oxidase by mutant SOD1s in mouse motoneuronal NSC-34 cells is independent from copper availability but is because of nitric oxideMario Arciello
Department of Biology, Tor Vergata, University of Rome, Rome, Italy
J Neurochem 112:183-92. 2010..These results support the involvement of NO in mutant SOD1s-induced Cytox damage, and mitochondrial toxicity...
- Cyclooxygenase-2/prostaglandin D2/CRTH2 pathway mediates double-stranded RNA-induced enhancement of allergic airway inflammationYoshiki Shiraishi
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Department of Medicine, Shinanomachi Research Park, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Immunol 180:541-9. 2008....
- Lef1 regulates COX-2 transcription in chondrocytesKangsun Yun
Department of Life Sciences, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology GIST, 1 Oryong dong, Puk ku, Gwangju 500 712, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 364:270-5. 2007..Moreover, binding of Lef1 and beta-catenin to the Lef1-binding site transactivates COX-2 promoter activity. Our results indicate a pivotal role of Lef1 in the regulation of COX-2 transcription in arthritic chondrocytes...
- Glucocorticoid-induced leucine zipper (GILZ) mediates glucocorticoid action and inhibits inflammatory cytokine-induced COX-2 expressionNianlan Yang
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Cell Biochem 103:1760-71. 2008..Our results suggest that GILZ is a key glucocorticoid effect mediator and that GILZ may have therapeutic value for novel anti-inflammation therapies...
- Revisiting the mouse mitochondrial DNA sequenceMaria Pilar Bayona-Bafaluy
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular y Celular, Universidad de Zaragoza, Miguel Servet 177, Zaragoza 50013, Spain
Nucleic Acids Res 31:5349-55. 2003..Consequently, the mtDNA of the strain used for the mouse genome project (C57BL/6J) is proposed as the new standard for the mouse mtDNA sequence...
- Developmental regulation of calcineurin isoforms in the rodent kidney: association with COX-2Haiying Liu
Univ of Utah and VA Medical Center, 30 N 1900 E, Rm 4R312, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F1898-904. 2007..Together, these data suggest that renal Cn isoforms are subject to normal developmental regulation and they may play a role in postnatal kidney development via interaction with COX-2...
- Increased expression of cyclooxygenase 2 contributes to aberrant renin production in connexin 40-deficient kidneysCharlotte Wagner
Institute of Physiology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 293:R1781-6. 2007..Apparently, these disseminated cells do not contribute to the enhanced renin secretion rates of Cx40-deficient kidneys...
- Mycobacterium avium-induced matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression occurs in a cyclooxygenase-2-dependent manner and involves phosphorylation- and acetylation-dependent chromatin modificationSanchita Basu
Bose Institute, Department of Chemistry, 93 1 Acharya Prafulla Chandra Road, Kolkata 700 009, India
Cell Microbiol 9:2804-16. 2007..avium...
- Gene expression of isoformic enzymes in arachidonate cyclooxygenase pathway and the regulation by tumor necrosis factor alpha during life cycle of adipocytesLi Xu
Department of Life Science and Biotechnology, Shimane University, Matsue, Shimane 690 8504, Japan
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 83:213-8. 2007..The action of TNFalpha on preadipocytes can be modulated by the production of endogenous PGs through the induction of COX-2...
- Prostaglandin receptor EP2 is responsible for cyclooxygenase-2 induction by prostaglandin E2 in mouse skinKausar M Ansari
The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Science Park Research Division, PO Box 389, Smithville, TX 78957, USA
Carcinogenesis 28:2063-8. 2007..Taken together, EP2 activation of the PKA/CREB-signaling pathway is responsible for keratinocyte proliferation and our findings reveal a positive feedback loop between COX-2 and PGE2 that is mediated by the EP2 receptor...
- Altered brain lipid composition in cyclooxygenase-2 knockout mouseKaizong Ma
Brain Physiology and Metabolism Section, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Lipid Res 48:848-54. 2007..A lifetime absence of COX-2 produces multiple changes in brain lipid composition. These changes may be related to reported changes in fatty acid kinetics and in resistance to neuroinflammation and excitotoxicity in the COX-2(-/-) mouse...
- Phosphorylation of Y845 on the epidermal growth factor receptor mediates binding to the mitochondrial protein cytochrome c oxidase subunit IIJulie L Boerner
Department of Microbiology and Cancer Center, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:7059-71. 2004..Taken together, these data suggest that, through the ability of EGFR to translocate to the mitochondria, the binding of proteins such as CoxII to pY845 on the EGFR may positively regulate survival pathways that contribute to oncogenesis...
- S100B binding to RAGE in microglia stimulates COX-2 expressionRoberta Bianchi
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, Sect Anatomy, University of Perugia, Via del Giochetto C P 81 Succ 3, 06122 Perugia, Italy
J Leukoc Biol 81:108-18. 2007..Thus, S100B can be viewed as an astrocytic endokine, which might participate in the inflammatory response in the course of brain insults, once liberated into the brain extracellular space...