Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Crybb1
Description: crystallin, beta B1
Alias: 3110006K12Rik, BB1CRY, beta-crystallin B1
- Assignment of the beta B1 crystallin gene (CRYBB1) to human chromosome 22 and mouse chromosome 5T J Hulsebos
Institute of Human Genetics, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Genomics 29:712-8. 1995..to the rat beta B1 crystallin gene sequence, we amplified exons 5 and 6 of the orthologous human gene (CRYBB1)...
- Long Noncoding RNA-Directed Epigenetic Regulation of Gene Expression Is Associated With Anxiety-like Behavior in MicePaola A Spadaro
Queensland Brain Institute, The University of Queensland Australia, Brisbane, Queensland
Biol Psychiatry 78:848-59. 2015..Perturbation of this regulatory system in the brain may contribute to the development of neuropsychiatric disorders...
- Molecular characterization of mouse lens epithelial cell lines and their suitability to study RNA granules and cataract associated genesAnne M Terrell
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, DE, USA
Exp Eye Res 131:42-55. 2015..similar to isolated lens epithelium, all three LECs exhibit down-regulation of fiber cell-expressed genes Crybb1, Mip and Prox1 when compared to fiber cells...
- AP-2α is required after lens vesicle formation to maintain lens integrityChristine L Kerr
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster University Health Science Centre, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Dev Dyn 243:1298-309. 2014..AP-2α's role during later stages of lens development is unknown. To address this, the MLR10-Cre transgene was used to delete AP-2α from the lens epithelium beginning at embryonic day (E) 10.5...
- Disulfide cross-links in the interaction of a cataract-linked alphaA-crystallin mutant with betaB1-crystallinM Satish Kumar
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
FEBS Lett 583:175-9. 2009..Covalent protein cross-links are a hallmark of age-related cataract and may be a factor in its inherited form...
- The orchestration of mammalian tissue morphogenesis through a series of coherent feed-forward loopsQing Xie
Department of Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 286:43259-71. 2011....
- Inhibition of crystallin expression and induction of apoptosis by lens-specific E1A expression in transgenic miceQin Chen
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Oncogene 21:1028-37. 2002....
- N-terminal extension of beta B1-crystallin: identification of a critical region that modulates protein interaction with beta A3-crystallinMonika B Dolinska
National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biochemistry 48:9684-95. 2009..The loop is derived from residues 48-56 which appear to be critical for mediating protein interactions with betaA3-crystallin...
- Transcription factor GATA-3 is essential for lens developmentAtsuko Maeda
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
Dev Dyn 238:2280-91. 2009..Thus, these observations suggest that GATA-3 is essential for lens cells differentiation and proper cell cycle control...
- Association properties of betaB1- and betaA3-crystallins: ability to form heterotetramersMay P Chan
National Eye Institute and National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biochemistry 47:11062-9. 2008..These findings suggest a unique role for betaB1-crystallin in promoting higher-order crystallin association in the lens...
- Unique contribution of heat shock transcription factor 4 in ocular lens development and fiber cell differentiationJin Na Min
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Department of Radiology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912 3175, USA
Genesis 40:205-17. 2004..Thus, HSF4 fulfills a central role in controlling spatial and temporal expression of genes critical for correct development and function of the lens...
- Ectopic Pax6 expression disturbs lens fiber cell differentiationMelinda K Duncan
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:3589-98. 2004..This study is to test the hypothesis that normal fiber cell differentiation would be perturbed by sustained Pax6 expression...
- BetaB1-crystallin: identification of a candidate ciliary body uveitis antigenDavid Stempel
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California Los Angeles, Jules Stein Eye Institute, 100 Stein Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:203-9. 2003..In this study, a recombinantly isolated pANCA monoclonal antibody was used to identify the corresponding antigenic target(s) in the ciliary body...
- Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome is caused by mutations in HPS4, the human homolog of the mouse light-ear geneTamio Suzuki
Human Medical Genetics Program, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Nat Genet 30:321-4. 2002..In addition, the HPS1 protein is absent in tissues of le mutant mice. These results suggest that the HPS4 and HPS1 proteins may function in the same pathway of organelle biogenesis...
- The upstream ectoderm enhancer in Pax6 has an important role in lens inductionP V Dimanlig
Developmental Genetics Program, Skirball Institute for Biomolecular Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, 540 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Development 128:4415-24. 2001..This pathway forms a basis for future analysis of lens induction mechanism...
- The mouse beta B1-crystallin promoter: strict regulation of lens fiber cell specificityW V Chen
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, 19716, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1519:30-8. 2001..However, the inability of the mouse beta B1-crystallin promoter to function in mammalian lens-derived cultured cells implies that this gene has acquired additional cis-regulatory elements to ensure lens fiber cell specificity...
- Two interactive genes responsible for a new inherited cataract (RCT) in the mouseY Y Maeda
The Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science Rinshoken, Dept of Laboratory Animal Science, Japan
Mamm Genome 12:278-83. 2001..The rct locus essential for the onset of the cataract was tightly linked to D4Mit278 on Chromosome (Chr) 4 with no recombination. The mrct locus was closely linked to D5Mit239 (chi2 = 66.3, P << 0.00001) on Chr 5...
- Regulation of mouse lens fiber cell development and differentiation by the Maf geneB Z Ring
Department of Pediatrics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford, California 94305 5428, USA
Development 127:307-17. 2000..Our results indicate that Maf directly activates many if not all of the (beta)-crystallin genes, and suggest a model for coordinating cell cycle withdrawal with terminal differentiation...
- Disruption of Trkb-mediated signaling induces disassembly of postsynaptic receptor clusters at neuromuscular junctionsM Gonzalez
Department of Neuroscience University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Neuron 24:567-83. 1999..These results demonstrate a novel role for neurotrophin signaling through TrkB receptors on muscle fibers in the ongoing maintenance of postsynaptic AChR regions...
- Prox1 function is crucial for mouse lens-fibre elongationJ T Wigle
Department of Genetics, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Nat Genet 21:318-22. 1999..Our data provide evidence that the progression of terminal fibre differentiation and elongation is dependent on Prox1 activity during lens development...
- Overlapping effects of different members of the FGF family on lens fiber differentiation in transgenic miceF J Lovicu
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas, TX 77030, USA
Development 125:3365-77. 1998..The fact that any of these FGFs can induce ocular defects and loss of lens transparency implies that it is essential for the normal eye to maintain very specific spatial control over FGF expression in order to prevent cataract induction...
- Proviral integrations at the Evi5 locus disrupt a novel 90 kDa protein with homology to the Tre2 oncogene and cell-cycle regulatory proteinsX Liao
Laboratory of Immunopathology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Oncogene 14:1023-9. 1997..Evi5 thus encodes a gene separate from Gfi1 that may also be involved in T-cell disease...
- Lens-specific expression of PDGF-A alters lens growth and developmentL W Reneker
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 77030, USA
Dev Biol 180:554-65. 1996..Elevated levels of PDGF-A enhance proliferation, but also appear to induce some aspects of the fiber cell differentiation pathway...
- Developmental regulation of the chicken beta B1-crystallin promoter in transgenic miceM K Duncan
Laboratory of Molecular and Developmental Biology, National Eye Institute National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mech Dev 57:79-89. 1996..5 dpc transgenic mouse embryos. These data show a strict conservation of the lens-specific spatial and temporal regulation of the chicken and mouse beta B1-crystallin genes...