Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Crybb3
Description: crystallin, beta B3
Alias: AI852419, beta-B3 crystallin, beta-crystallin B3
- The orchestration of mammalian tissue morphogenesis through a series of coherent feed-forward loopsQing Xie
Department of Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 286:43259-71. 2011....
- Mutations in the RNA granule component TDRD7 cause cataract and glaucomaSalil A Lachke
Division of Genetics, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 331:1571-6. 2011..These findings demonstrate a role for RGs in vertebrate organogenesis...
- Unique contribution of heat shock transcription factor 4 in ocular lens development and fiber cell differentiationJin Na Min
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Department of Radiology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912 3175, USA
Genesis 40:205-17. 2004..Thus, HSF4 fulfills a central role in controlling spatial and temporal expression of genes critical for correct development and function of the lens...
- The upstream ectoderm enhancer in Pax6 has an important role in lens inductionP V Dimanlig
Developmental Genetics Program, Skirball Institute for Biomolecular Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, 540 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Development 128:4415-24. 2001..This pathway forms a basis for future analysis of lens induction mechanism...
- Aey2, a new mutation in the betaB2-crystallin-encoding gene of the mouseJ Graw
Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit GSF Institute of Experimental Genetics, Neuherberg, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 42:1574-80. 2001..One particular mutant was found that caused progressive opacity and was referred to as Aey2. The purpose of the study was to provide a morphologic description, to map the mutant gene, and to characterize the underlying molecular lesion...
- Two interactive genes responsible for a new inherited cataract (RCT) in the mouseY Y Maeda
The Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science Rinshoken, Dept of Laboratory Animal Science, Japan
Mamm Genome 12:278-83. 2001..The rct locus essential for the onset of the cataract was tightly linked to D4Mit278 on Chromosome (Chr) 4 with no recombination. The mrct locus was closely linked to D5Mit239 (chi2 = 66.3, P << 0.00001) on Chr 5...
- Regulation of mouse lens fiber cell development and differentiation by the Maf geneB Z Ring
Department of Pediatrics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford, California 94305 5428, USA
Development 127:307-17. 2000..Our results indicate that Maf directly activates many if not all of the (beta)-crystallin genes, and suggest a model for coordinating cell cycle withdrawal with terminal differentiation...
- Disruption of Trkb-mediated signaling induces disassembly of postsynaptic receptor clusters at neuromuscular junctionsM Gonzalez
Department of Neuroscience University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Neuron 24:567-83. 1999..These results demonstrate a novel role for neurotrophin signaling through TrkB receptors on muscle fibers in the ongoing maintenance of postsynaptic AChR regions...
- Overlapping effects of different members of the FGF family on lens fiber differentiation in transgenic miceF J Lovicu
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas, TX 77030, USA
Development 125:3365-77. 1998..The fact that any of these FGFs can induce ocular defects and loss of lens transparency implies that it is essential for the normal eye to maintain very specific spatial control over FGF expression in order to prevent cataract induction...
- Lens-specific expression of PDGF-A alters lens growth and developmentL W Reneker
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 77030, USA
Dev Biol 180:554-65. 1996..Elevated levels of PDGF-A enhance proliferation, but also appear to induce some aspects of the fiber cell differentiation pathway...
- Assignment of the beta B1 crystallin gene (CRYBB1) to human chromosome 22 and mouse chromosome 5T J Hulsebos
Institute of Human Genetics, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Genomics 29:712-8. 1995..These assignments complete the mapping and identification of the human and mouse homologues of the major beta crystallins genes that are expressed in the bovine lens...
- The beta crystallin genes on human chromosome 22 define a new region of homology with mouse chromosome 5T J Hulsebos
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Genomics 25:574-6. 1995The human beta crystallin genes CRYBB2, CRYBB2P1, CRYBB3, and CRYBA4 are located in 22q11.2. Using interspecific backcross analysis, we mapped the mouse homologues of CRYBB2, CRYBB3, and CRYBA4 (i.e...