Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dnmt3b
Description: DNA methyltransferase 3B
Alias: MmuIIIB, DNA (cytosine-5)-methyltransferase 3B, DNA MTase MmuIIIB, DNA methyltransferase MmuIIIB
Publications105 found, 100 shown here
- Genomic organization and promoter analysis of the Dnmt3b geneChisaki Ishida
Division of Gene Therapy Science, Osaka University School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita, 565 0870, Osaka, Japan
Gene 310:151-9. 2003The Dnmt3b gene encodes a de novo DNA methyltransferase that is essential for normal mouse development. It is highly expressed in early embryos and embryonic stem (ES) cells but downregulated in most adult somatic tissues...
- The orphan nuclear receptor GCNF recruits DNA methyltransferase for Oct-3/4 silencingNoriko Sato
Cytokine Project, The Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, 3 18 22 Honkomagome, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8613, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 344:845-51. 2006..Our finding suggests a model in which differentiation-induced GCNF recruits de novo DNA methyltransferase and facilitates the silencing of a pluripotency gene...
- Suppressing effects of down-regulating DNMT1 and DNMT3b expression on the growth of human cholangiocarcinoma cell lineShi Zuo
Department of General Surgery, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 28:276-80. 2008..In order to explore the roles of two methyltransferase members (DNMT1 and DNMT3b) in the cholangiocarcinoma tumorigenesis, antisense eukaryotic expression plasmid of DNMT1 and DNMT3b gene was ..
- Cloning and characterization of a family of novel mammalian DNA (cytosine-5) methyltransferasesM Okano
Nat Genet 19:219-20. 1998
- DNA methyltransferases Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b are essential for de novo methylation and mammalian developmentM Okano
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown 02129, USA
Cell 99:247-57. 1999..Here we demonstrate that two recently identified DNA methyltransferases, Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b, are essential for de novo methylation and for mouse development...
- Molecular enzymology of the catalytic domains of the Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b DNA methyltransferasesHumaira Gowher
Institut fur Biochemie, FB 8, Justus Liebig Universitat, Heinrich Buff Ring 58, 35392 Giessen, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:20409-14. 2002The C-terminal domains of the mammalian DNA methyltransferases Dnmt1, Dnmt3a, and Dnmt3b harbor all the conserved motifs characteristic for cytosine-C5 methyltransferases...
- Dnmt3L cooperates with the Dnmt3 family of de novo DNA methyltransferases to establish maternal imprints in miceKenichiro Hata
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, 149 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Development 129:1983-93. 2002..In this study, we demonstrate that Dnmt3L, a protein sharing homology with DNA methyltransferases, Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b, but lacking enzymatic activity, is essential for the establishment of maternal methylation imprints and ..
- A novel Dnmt3a isoform produced from an alternative promoter localizes to euchromatin and its expression correlates with active de novo methylationTaiping Chen
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Biol Chem 277:38746-54. 2002Previous studies have shown that the Dnmt3b gene encodes multiple variants via alternative splicing. However, only one form of Dnmt3a has been identified to date...
- Stage- and cell-specific expression of Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b during embryogenesisDaisuke Watanabe
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Osaka University, 1 3 Yamadaoka, Suita, Japan
Mech Dev 118:187-90. 2002DNA methylation is essential for development. Two DNA methyltransferases, Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b, contribute to the creation of DNA methylation patterns in embryos...
- DNA methylation density influences the stability of an epigenetic imprint and Dnmt3a/b-independent de novo methylationMatthew C Lorincz
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:7572-80. 2002..The DNA methyltransferases (MTases) Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b are thought to be the sole de novo MTases in the mammalian genome...
- Distinct enzymatic properties of recombinant mouse DNA methyltransferases Dnmt3a and Dnmt3bIsao Suetake
Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, 3 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871
J Biochem 133:737-44. 2003Recombinant mouse Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b were expressed in sf9 cells and purified to near homogeneity. The purified Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b gave specific activities of 1.8 +/- 0.3 and 1.3 +/- 0...
- Establishment and maintenance of genomic methylation patterns in mouse embryonic stem cells by Dnmt3a and Dnmt3bTaiping Chen
Cutaneous Biology Research Center and Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:5594-605. 2003We have previously shown that the DNA methyltransferases Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b carry out de novo methylation of the mouse genome during early postimplantation development and of maternally imprinted genes in the oocyte...
- Gene-specific timing and epigenetic memory in oocyte imprintingDiana Lucifero
McGill University, Montreal Children s Hospital Research Institute and Departments of Pediatrics, Human Genetics and Pharmacology and Therapeutics, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3H 1P3
Hum Mol Genet 13:839-49. 2004..methylation acquisition was probably related to oocyte diameter and coincided with the accumulation of Dnmt3a, Dnmt3b and Dnmt3L transcripts...
- Windows for sex-specific methylation marked by DNA methyltransferase expression profiles in mouse germ cellsSophie La Salle
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics and The Montreal Children s Hospital Research Institute, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada H3H 1P3
Dev Biol 268:403-15. 2004..We compared the temporal expression patterns of the DNA methyltransferases, DNMT1, DNMT3a, DNMT3b, and DNMT3l in the male and female germ lines...
- DNMT3B interacts with hSNF2H chromatin remodeling enzyme, HDACs 1 and 2, and components of the histone methylation systemTheresa M Geiman
Epigenetic Gene Regulation and Cancer Section, LRBGE NCI NIH, Bldg 41, Rm C306, 41 Library Dr, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 318:544-55. 2004..De novo DNA methyltransferase DNMT3B is critical for embryonic development and is mutated in ICF syndrome...
- Essential role for de novo DNA methyltransferase Dnmt3a in paternal and maternal imprintingMasahiro Kaneda
Division of Human Genetics, Department of Integrated Genetics, National Institute of Genetics, Research Organization of Information and Systems, Mishima 411 8540, Japan
Nature 429:900-3. 2004..novo DNA methyltransferases of the Dnmt3 family are implicated in maternal imprinting, the lethality of Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b knockout mice has precluded further studies...
- Severe global DNA hypomethylation blocks differentiation and induces histone hyperacetylation in embryonic stem cellsMelany Jackson
John Hughes Bennett Laboratory, Division of Oncology, School of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 24:8862-71. 2004..This demonstrates that successful terminal differentiation is not dependent simply on adequate methylation levels. There is an absolute requirement that the methylation be delivered by the maintenance enzyme Dnmt1...
- The PWWP domain of Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b is required for directing DNA methylation to the major satellite repeats at pericentric heterochromatinTaiping Chen
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:9048-58. 2004Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b are responsible for the establishment of DNA methylation patterns during development...
- Expression of Dnmt3b in mouse hematopoietic progenitor cells and spermatogonia at specific stagesDaisuke Watanabe
Molecular Embryology, Department of Bioscience, Kitasato University, 1 15 1 Kitasato, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
Gene Expr Patterns 5:43-9. 2004Two de novo-type DNA methyltransferases, Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b, are responsible for the creation of DNA methylation patterns during development...
- Co-expression of de novo DNA methyltransferases Dnmt3a2 and Dnmt3L in gonocytes of mouse embryosYasuhiro Sakai
Department of Anatomy, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara 228 8555, Japan
Gene Expr Patterns 5:231-7. 2004..In the present study, we examined which de novo-type DNA methyltransferase, Dnmt3a, Dnmt3a2 or Dnmt3b is expressed in gonocytes at these stages...
- Myc represses transcription through recruitment of DNA methyltransferase corepressorCarmen Brenner
Free University of Brussels, Faculty of Medicine, Laboratory of Molecular Virology, Brussels, Belgium
EMBO J 24:336-46. 2005..Furthermore, these findings suggest that targeting of DNA methyltransferases by transcription factors is a wide and general mechanism for the generation of specific DNA methylation patterns within a cell...
- Mechanism of stimulation of catalytic activity of Dnmt3A and Dnmt3B DNA-(cytosine-C5)-methyltransferases by Dnmt3LHumaira Gowher
International University Bremen, School of Engineering and Science, Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:13341-8. 2005..We show here that Dnmt3L stimulates the catalytic activity of the Dnmt3A and Dnmt3B enzymes by directly binding to their respective catalytic domains via its own C-terminal domain...
- De novo DNA methyltransferases Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b primarily mediate the cytotoxic effect of 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidineMasahiro Oka
Department of Pathology, University of Florida College of Medicine, PO Box 100275, 1600 SW Archer Rd, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Oncogene 24:3091-9. 2005..Of interest, Dnmt3a-Dnmt3b double null ES cells were highly resistant to 5-aza-dC when compared to wild type, Dnmt3a null, Dnmt3b null, or ..
- DNA methyltransferase expression in the mouse germ line during periods of de novo methylationDiane J Lees-Murdock
Cancer and Ageing Research Group, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Coleraine, United Kingdom
Dev Dyn 232:992-1002. 2005DNA methyltransferase (DNMT) 3A and DNMT3B are both active de novo DNA methyltransferases required for development, whereas DNMT3L, which has no demonstrable methyltransferase activity, is required for methylation of imprinted genes in ..
- Inactivation of Dnmt3b in mouse embryonic fibroblasts results in DNA hypomethylation, chromosomal instability, and spontaneous immortalizationJonathan E Dodge
Cardiovascular Research Center and Cancer Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Biol Chem 280:17986-91. 2005..In this study, we have investigated how targeted disruption of the DNA methyltransferases Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b affects the growth of mouse embryonic fibroblasts (MEFs). Our studies led to the following observations...
- Lsh is involved in de novo methylation of DNAHeming Zhu
Laboratory of Cancer Prevention, SAIC FCRDC, Basic Research Program, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21701 1201, USA
EMBO J 25:335-45. 2006..Dnmt1 occurring at the replication fork, and de novo methylation established by the methyltransferases Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b. Using an episomal vector in Lsh-/- embryonic fibroblasts, we demonstrate that the acquisition of DNA methylation ..
- CpG sites preferentially methylated by Dnmt3a in vivoMasahiro Oka
Department of Pathology, Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Florida College of Medicine, 1600 SW Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
J Biol Chem 281:9901-8. 2006Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b are two major de novo DNA methyltransferases essential for embryonic development in mammals...
- Roles for Dnmt3b in mammalian development: a mouse model for the ICF syndromeYoshihide Ueda
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 149 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Development 133:1183-92. 2006..anomalies) syndrome is a rare autosomal recessive disease caused by mutations in the DNA methyltransferase gene DNMT3B. To investigate the function of Dnmt3b in mouse development and to create animal models for ICF syndrome, we have ..
- Mutations in DNA methyltransferase DNMT3B in ICF syndrome affect its regulation by DNMT3LZheng Hua Xie
The State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yueyang Road, Shanghai 200031, China
Hum Mol Genet 15:1375-85. 2006Deficiency in DNA methyltransferase DNMT3B causes a recessive human disorder characterized by immunodeficiency, centromeric instability and facial anomalies (ICF) in association with defects in genomic methylation...
- DNA methyltransferases control telomere length and telomere recombination in mammalian cellsSusana Gonzalo
Telomeres and Telomerase Group, Molecular Oncology Program, Spanish National Cancer Centre CNIO, Madrid E 28029, Spain
Nat Cell Biol 8:416-24. 2006..Mouse embryonic stem (ES) cells genetically deficient for DNMT1, or both DNMT3a and DNMT3b have dramatically elongated telomeres compared with wild-type controls...
- Dynamic expression of DNMT3a and DNMT3b isoforms during male germ cell development in the mouseSophie La Salle
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, and Montreal Children s Hospital Research Institute, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada H3H 1P3
Dev Biol 296:71-82. 2006..We compared the temporal expression patterns of the postulated de novo DNA methyltransferases DNMT3a and DNMT3b in murine male germ cells...
- Maintenance of self-renewal ability of mouse embryonic stem cells in the absence of DNA methyltransferases Dnmt1, Dnmt3a and Dnmt3bAkiko Tsumura
Laboratory for Mammalian Epigenetic Studies, Center for Developmental Biology, RIKEN, 2 2 3 Minatojima minamimachi, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0047, Japan
Genes Cells 11:805-14. 2006DNA methyltransferases Dnmt1, Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b cooperatively regulate cytosine methylation in CpG dinucleotides in mammalian genomes, providing an epigenetic basis for gene silencing and maintenance of genome integrity...
- Coordinate regulation of DNA methyltransferase expression during oogenesisDiana Lucifero
Montreal Children s Hospital Research Institute and Department of Pediatrics, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
BMC Dev Biol 7:36. 2007..Here we report the expression dynamics of Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b, as well as a regulator of DNA methylation, Dnmt3L, in isolated female germ cells.
- Role of the Dnmt3 family in de novo methylation of imprinted and repetitive sequences during male germ cell development in the mouseYuzuru Kato
Department of Integrated Genetics, National Institute of Genetics, Mishima, Shizuoka, Japan
Hum Mol Genet 16:2272-80. 2007..Furthermore, we have examined the roles of the de novo methyltransferases (Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b) and related protein (Dnmt3L) in this process...
- Synergistic function of DNA methyltransferases Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b in the methylation of Oct4 and NanogJing Yu Li
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Biol 27:8748-59. 2007DNA methylation plays an important role in gene silencing in mammals. Two de novo methyltransferases, Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b, are required for the establishment of genomic methylation patterns in development...
- The SRA protein Np95 mediates epigenetic inheritance by recruiting Dnmt1 to methylated DNAJafar Sharif
Tohoku University Biomedical Engineering Research Organization TUBERO, 2 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Nature 450:908-12. 2007..The link between hemi-methylated DNA, Np95 and Dnmt1 thus establishes key steps of the mechanism for epigenetic inheritance of DNA methylation...
- Dnmt3b promotes tumorigenesis in vivo by gene-specific de novo methylation and transcriptional silencingHeinz G Linhart
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research and Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Genes Dev 21:3110-22. 2007....
- Maternal and zygotic Dnmt1 are necessary and sufficient for the maintenance of DNA methylation imprints during preimplantation developmentRyutaro Hirasawa
Division of Human Genetics, Department of Integrated Genetics, National Institute of Genetics, Research Organization of Information and Systems, Mishima 411 8540, Japan
Genes Dev 22:1607-16. 2008..Here we demonstrate, by using conditional knockout mice, that the other known DNA methyltransferases Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b are dispensable for the maintenance of the methylation marks at most imprinted loci...
- Dynamic transition of Dnmt3b expression in mouse pre- and early post-implantation embryosRyutaro Hirasawa
Division of Human Genetics, Department of Integrated Genetics, National Institute of Genetics, Research Organization of Information and Systems, Mishima 411 8540, Japan
Gene Expr Patterns 9:27-30. 2009The de novo DNA methyltransferases, Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b, are responsible for the creation of DNA methylation patterns in mouse development...
- De novo DNA methylation promoted by G9a prevents reprogramming of embryonically silenced genesSilvina Epsztejn-Litman
Department of Experimental Medicine and Cellular Biochemistry, Hebrew University Medical School, Ein Kerem, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Nat Struct Mol Biol 15:1176-83. 2008..G9a itself is capable of bringing about de novo methylation through its ankyrin domain, by recruiting Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b independently of its histone methyltransferase activity...
- DNMT3B interacts with constitutive centromere protein CENP-C to modulate DNA methylation and the histone code at centromeric regionsSuhasni Gopalakrishnan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Hum Mol Genet 18:3178-93. 2009..methylation patterns are mediated by the combined action of three DNA methyltransferases: DNMT1, DNMT3A and DNMT3B. Compelling links exist between DNMT3B and chromosome stability as emphasized by the mitotic defects that are a ..
- DNA demethylation in hormone-induced transcriptional derepressionMi Sun Kim
ERATO, Japan Science and Technology Agency, 4 1 8 Honcho, Kawaguchisi, Saitama 332 0012, Japan
Nature 461:1007-12. 2009..with the nVDRE-binding protein (VDIR, also known as TCF3) identified two DNA methyltransferases, DNMT1 and DNMT3B, for methylation of CpG sites, as well as a DNA glycosylase, MBD4 (ref. 10)...
- DNMT3B7, a truncated DNMT3B isoform expressed in human tumors, disrupts embryonic development and accelerates lymphomagenesisMrinal Y Shah
Section of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637 1470, USA
Cancer Res 70:5840-50. 2010..To test if a truncated DNMT3B isoform disrupts DNA methylation in vivo, we constructed two lines of transgenic mice expressing DNMT3B7, a ..
- Targets and dynamics of promoter DNA methylation during early mouse developmentJulie Borgel
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS UMR 5535, Universite Montpellier 2, Universite Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
Nat Genet 42:1093-100. 2010..De novo methylation during early embryogenesis is catalyzed by Dnmt3b, and absence of DNA methylation leads to ectopic gene activation in the embryo...
- DNA methylation and SETDB1/H3K9me3 regulate predominantly distinct sets of genes, retroelements, and chimeric transcripts in mESCsMohammad M Karimi
Department of Medical Genetics, Life Sciences Institute, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6T 1Z3, Canada
Cell Stem Cell 8:676-87. 2011..Setdb1 are distinct from those derepressed in mESC deficient in the DNA methyltransferases Dnmt1, Dnmt3a, and Dnmt3b, with the exception of a small number of primarily germline-specific genes...
- The PWWP domain of mammalian DNA methyltransferase Dnmt3b defines a new family of DNA-binding foldsChen Qiu
Department of Biochemistry, Emory University, 1510 Clifton Road, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Nat Struct Biol 9:217-24. 2002..sequence motif found in > 60 eukaryotic proteins, including the mammalian DNA methyltransferases Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b. These proteins often contain other chromatin-association domains...
- Distinct nuclear localization patterns of DNA methyltransferases in developing and mature mammalian retinaIgor O Nasonkin
Neurobiology Neurodegeneration and Repair Laboratory N NRL, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Comp Neurol 519:1914-30. 2011DNA methyltransferases--DNMT1, DNMT3a, and DNMT3b--produce methylation patterns that dynamically regulate chromatin remodeling and gene expression...
- Genes methylated by DNA methyltransferase 3b are similar in mouse intestine and human colon cancerEveline J Steine
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research and Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology MIT, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
J Clin Invest 121:1748-52. 2011..we have addressed some of these issues by demonstrating that transgenic expression of DNA methyltransferase 3b (Dnmt3b) in the mouse colon initiates de novo DNA methylation of genes that are similar to genes that become methylated in ..
- De novo DNA methylation by Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b is dispensable for nuclear reprogramming of somatic cells to a pluripotent stateMathias Pawlak
The Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Genes Dev 25:1035-40. 2011..studies, we generated iPSCs from fibroblasts that were deficient in de novo DNA methylation mediated by Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b. These iPSCs reactivated pluripotency genes, underwent self-renewal, and showed restricted developmental potential ..
- DNA methyltransferase 3a limits the expression of interleukin-13 in T helper 2 cells and allergic airway inflammationQing Yu
Department of Pediatrics, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:541-6. 2012..However, the specific functions of the de novo methyltransferases Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b in cytokine gene regulation have not been defined...
- The mammalian de novo DNA methyltransferases DNMT3A and DNMT3B are also DNA 5-hydroxymethylcytosine dehydroxymethylasesChun Chang Chen
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, Nankang, Taipei 115, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 287:33116-21. 2012..We present in vitro evidence that the mammalian de novo DNA methyltransferases DNMT3A and DNMT3B, but not the maintenance enzyme DNMT1, are also redox-dependent DNA dehydroxymethylases...
- Plasticity in Dnmt3L-dependent and -independent modes of de novo methylation in the developing mouse embryoMounia Guenatri
Inserm U934 UMR3215, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Development 140:562-72. 2013..This study proves that the postimplantation embryo is more plastic than the germline in terms of DNA methylation mechanistic choices and, importantly, that de novo methylation can be achieved in vivo without Dnmt3L...
- Dnmt3L antagonizes DNA methylation at bivalent promoters and favors DNA methylation at gene bodies in ESCsFrancesco Neri
Human Genetics Foundation HuGeF, Via Nizza 52, 10126 Torino, Italy
Cell 155:121-34. 2013..3-like (Dnmt3L) is a catalytically inactive DNA methyltransferase that cooperates with Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b to methylate DNA...
- Stem cells. m6A mRNA methylation facilitates resolution of naïve pluripotency toward differentiationShay Geula
The Department of Molecular Genetics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Science 347:1002-6. 2015..This study highlights a critical role for an mRNA epigenetic modification in vivo and identifies regulatory modules that functionally influence naïve and primed pluripotency in an opposing manner. ..
- Regulation of retinoid X receptor gamma expression by fed state in mouse liverSangkyu Park
Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, Catholic Kwandong University, Gangneung 210 701, Republic of Korea Electronic address
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 458:134-9. 2015..These results suggest that RXRγ may play an important role in tight control of glucose metabolism in the fasting-feeding cycle. ..
- Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol-mediated epigenetic modifications elicit myeloid-derived suppressor cell activation via STAT3/S100A8Jessica Margaret Sido
Department of Pathology, Microbiology, and Immunology, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, South Carolina, USA and WJB Dorn Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Columbia, South Carolina, USA
J Leukoc Biol 97:677-88. 2015..Administration of THC into WT mice caused increased methylation at the promoter region of DNMT3a and DNMT3b in THC-induced MDSCs, which correlated with reduced expression of DNMT3a and DNMT3b...
- Targeted disruption of DNMT1, DNMT3A and DNMT3B in human embryonic stem cellsJing Liao
1 Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA 2 Harvard Stem Cell Institute, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA 3 Department of Stem Cell and Regenerative Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Genet 47:469-78. 2015..Disruption of DNMT3A or DNMT3B individually as well as of both enzymes in tandem results in viable, pluripotent cell lines with distinct effects ..
- Effect of 50 Hz Extremely Low-Frequency Electromagnetic Fields on the DNA Methylation and DNA Methyltransferases in Mouse Spermatocyte-Derived Cell Line GC-2Yong Liu
College of Bioengineering, Chongqing University, Chongqing 400044, China Institute of Toxicology, College of Preventive Medicine, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
Biomed Res Int 2015:237183. 2015..The expression of DNMT1 and DNMT3b was decreased at 1 mT, and 50 Hz ELF-EMF can increase the expression of DNMT1 and DNMT3b of GC-2 cells at 3 mT...
- De novo DNA methylation through the 5'-segment of the H19 ICR maintains its imprint during early embryogenesisHitomi Matsuzaki
Faculty of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8577, Japan Life Science Center of Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance TARA, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8577, Japan
Development 142:3833-44. 2015....
- A comprehensive analysis of radiosensitization targets; functional inhibition of DNA methyltransferase 3B radiosensitizes by disrupting DNA damage regulationHiroaki Fujimori
Division of Genome Stability Research, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Sci Rep 5:18231. 2015..of radiosensitization targets in HeLa cells was performed using a shRNA-library/functional cluster analysis and DNMT3B was identified as a candidate target...
- Loss of Dnmt3b function upregulates the tumor modifier Ment and accelerates mouse lymphomagenesisRyan A Hlady
Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 5950, USA
J Clin Invest 122:163-77. 2012DNA methyltransferase 3B (Dnmt3b) belongs to a family of enzymes responsible for methylation of cytosine residues in mammals...
- RYBP represses endogenous retroviruses and preimplantation- and germ line-specific genes in mouse embryonic stem cellsKaori Hisada
Immunoepigenetics, RIKEN Research Center for Allergy and Immunology, Yokohama, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 32:1139-49. 2012..Also, they suggest a role for RYBP in epigenetic resetting during preimplantation development through repression of germ line genes and PcG targets before formation of pluripotent epiblast cells...
- Roles of Mis18α in epigenetic regulation of centromeric chromatin and CENP-A loadingIk Soo Kim
Department of Biological Sciences, Creative Research Initiative Center for Chromatin Dynamics, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea
Mol Cell 46:260-73. 2012..Together, our findings uncover the functional mechanism of Mis18α and its pivotal role in mammalian cell cycle...
- H1 linker histone promotes epigenetic silencing by regulating both DNA methylation and histone H3 methylationSeung Min Yang
Department of Cell Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:1708-13. 2013..Some, but not all, murine H1 subtypes interact with DNA methyltransferases DNMT1 and DNMT3B. The interactions are direct and require a portion of the H1 C-terminal domain...
- The DNMT3B DNA methyltransferase gene is mutated in the ICF immunodeficiency syndromeR S Hansen
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:14412-7. 1999..methyltransferases, we identified a genomic sequence in the ICF region that contains the homologue of the mouse Dnmt3b methyltransferase gene...
- DNA methyltransferase 3b contributes to oncogenic transformation induced by SV40T antigen and activated RasKenzo Soejima
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Oncogene 22:4723-33. 2003..Here we show that a de novo DNA methyltransferase, DNMT3b, substantially contributes to the oncogenic phenotype in a lung cancer model...
- Analysis of mammalian proteins involved in chromatin modification reveals new metaphase centromeric proteins and distinct chromosomal distribution patternsJeffrey M Craig
Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hum Mol Genet 12:3109-21. 2003..regions; and (b) heterochromatin-associated proteins (MeCP2, MBD1, MBD2, ATRX, HP1alpha, HDAC1, HDAC2, DNMT1 and DNMT3b), which colocalize with centromeric/pericentric heterochromatin and all other major heterochromatic sites...
- Chromatin targeting of de novo DNA methyltransferases by the PWWP domainYing Zi Ge
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
J Biol Chem 279:25447-54. 2004..Two de novo DNA methyltransferases, Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b, are responsible for the process...
- Preference of DNA methyltransferases for CpG islands in mouse embryonic stem cellsNaka Hattori
Laboratory of Cellular Biochemistry, Animal Resource Sciences Veterinary Medical Sciences, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Genome Res 14:1733-40. 2004..components, we investigated the genome-wide DNA methylation pattern of the T-DMRs with Dnmt1-, Dnmt3a-, and/or Dnmt3b-deficient ES cells by restriction landmark genomic scanning (RLGS)...
- Sex- and tissue-specific expression of maintenance and de novo DNA methyltransferases upon low dose X-irradiation in miceJoe Raiche
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Lethbridge, 4401 University Drive, Lethbridge, Alta, Canada T1K 3M4
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 325:39-47. 2004..the radiation-induced changes in expression of maintenance DNMT1, and de novo methyltransferases DNMT3a and DNMT3b in spleen and liver of irradiated animals...
- DNA methyltransferase 3b regulates nerve growth factor-induced differentiation of PC12 cells by recruiting histone deacetylase 2Shoumei Bai
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:751-66. 2005..The mRNA and protein levels of de novo methyltransferase Dnmt3b increased, whereas those of Dnmt3a and Dnmt1 decreased, during NGF-induced neurite outgrowth...
- Dynamic expression of de novo DNA methyltransferases Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b in the central nervous systemJian Feng
Department of Human Genetics, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Neurosci Res 79:734-46. 2005..of DNA methylation in the brain, we examined the expression pattern of de novo DNA methyltransferases Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b in the mouse central nervous system (CNS)...
- Transcriptome analysis in blastocyst hatching by cDNA microarrayHuei Wen Chen
Institute and Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Hum Reprod 20:2492-501. 2005..However, little is known about its regulatory mechanisms. By integrating the technologies of RNA amplification and cDNA microarrays, it has become possible to study the gene expression profile at this critical stage...
- Expression and functional analysis of genes deregulated in mouse placental overgrowth models: Car2 and Ncam1Umashankar Singh
Department of Development and Genetics, Evolutionary Biology Center, Uppsala University, Sweden
Dev Dyn 234:1034-45. 2005..This strongly suggested that altered expression of Car2 and Ncam1 is a downstream event in placental hyperplasia...
- Suppression of intestinal neoplasia by deletion of Dnmt3bHaijiang Lin
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, 9 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02141, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:2976-83. 2006..Using conditional inactivation of de novo methyltransferase Dnmt3b in Apc(Min/+) mice, we demonstrate that the loss of Dnmt3b has no impact on microadenoma formation, which is ..
- Selection of neural differentiation-specific genes by comparing profiles of random differentiationMin Su Lee
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea
Stem Cells 24:1946-55. 2006....
- Role of DNA methyltransferases in regulation of human ribosomal RNA gene transcriptionSarmila Majumder
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, College of Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 281:22062-72. 2006..Immunofluorescence analysis and biochemical fractionation showed that all three DNMTs (DNMT1, DNMT3A, and DNMT3B) are associated with the inactive rDNA in the nucleolus...
- Lsh controls Hox gene silencing during developmentSichuan Xi
Laboratory of Cancer Prevention, SAIC Frederick, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:14366-71. 2007..We demonstrate that Lsh, a SNF2 homolog, can associate with some Hox genes and regulates Dnmt3b binding, DNA methylation, and silencing of Hox genes during development...
- Developmentally regulated transcription of mammalian telomeres by DNA-dependent RNA polymerase IIStefan Schoeftner
Telomeres and Telomerase Group, Molecular Oncology Program, Spanish National Cancer Centre CNIO, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Nat Cell Biol 10:228-36. 2008..Our results indicate that TelRNAs are novel components of mammalian telomeres, which are anticipated to be fundamental for understanding telomere biology and telomere-related diseases, such as cancer and ageing...
- Characterization of Dnmt3b:thymine-DNA glycosylase interaction and stimulation of thymine glycosylase-mediated repair by DNA methyltransferase(s) and RNAMichael J Boland
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198, USA
J Mol Biol 379:492-504. 2008..patterns are established and maintained at CpG dinucleotides by DNA methyltransferases (Dnmt1, Dnmt3a, and Dnmt3b). In mammals and many other eukaryotes, the CpG dinucleotide is underrepresented in the genome...
- Regulation of DNA methylation activity through Dnmt3L promoter methylation by Dnmt3 enzymes in embryonic developmentYe Guang Hu
The State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yueyang Road, Shanghai 200031, People s Republic of China
Hum Mol Genet 17:2654-64. 2008The genomic DNA is methylated by de novo methyltransferases Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b during early embryonic development. The establishment of appropriate methylation patterns depends on a fine regulation of the methyltransferase activity...
- DNA methyltransferase 3B acts as a co-repressor of the human polycomb protein hPc2 to repress fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 transcriptionSung Hak Kim
National Research Laboratory for Cancer Epigenetics, Cancer Research Institute, Republic of Korea
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 40:2462-71. 2008..Taken together, these results suggest that DNA methyltransferase 3B functions as a co-repressor of polycomb protein in inducing transcriptional repression independent of DNA methylation...
- Multiplex rt-PCR expression analysis of developmentally important genes in individual mouse preimplantation embryos and blastomeresAndreas May
Institute for Human Genetics, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, 55101 Mainz, Germany
Biol Reprod 80:194-202. 2009..Immunolocalization of DNMT3A, MBD3, APEX1, and LIG3 in most or all nuclei of 40-60-cell embryos is a good indicator of functional activity of genes that are activated by the 16-cell stage...
- De novo DNA methylation independent establishment of maternal imprint on X chromosome in mouse oocytesHatsune Chiba
Division of Human Genetics, Department of Integrated Genetics, National Institute of Genetics, Research Organization of Information and Systems, 1111 Yata, Mishima, Japan
Genesis 46:768-74. 2008..This underscores the difference between imprinted XCI and autosomal imprinting...
- Abnormal DNA methyltransferase expression in mouse germline stem cells results in spermatogenic defectsSeiji Takashima
Department of Molecular Genetics, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Biol Reprod 81:155-64. 2009..In contrast, GS cells proliferated normally in vitro after Dnmt3a/Dnmt3b ablation or during Dnmt3l overexpression...
- Potential role of miR-29b in modulation of Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b expression in primordial germ cells of female mouse embryosShuji Takada
Division of Functional Genomics, Jichi Medical University, 3311 1 Yakushiji, Shimotsukeshi, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
RNA 15:1507-14. 2009..Transcripts of the human genes for the de novo methyltransferases DNMT3A and DNMT3B have been identified as targets of miR-29b, and we found that mouse miR-29b also negatively regulates Dnmt3a and ..
- Lsh participates in DNA methylation and silencing of stem cell genesSichuan Xi
Laboratory of Cancer Prevention, SAIC Frederick, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21701, USA
Stem Cells 27:2691-702. 2009..of DNA methylation patterns at stem cell genes during differentiation, in part by regulating access of Dnmt3b to its genomic targets...
- Np95 interacts with de novo DNA methyltransferases, Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b, and mediates epigenetic silencing of the viral CMV promoter in embryonic stem cellsDaniela Meilinger
Department of Biology II, Center for Integrated Protein Science Munich CIPSM, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Grosshaderner Street 2, 82152 Planegg Martinsried, Germany
EMBO Rep 10:1259-64. 2009..we show that Np95 interacts more strongly with regulatory domains of the de novo methyltransferases Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b. To investigate possible functions, we developed an epigenetic silencing assay using fluorescent reporters in ..
- Targeting of 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine residues by chromatin-associated DNMT1 induces proteasomal degradation of the free enzymeKatan Patel
Breakthrough Research Unit, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 38:4313-24. 2010..The proteasome inhibitor MG132 prevents DNMT1 degradation and reduces hypomethylation induced by 5-aza-dC...
- Dnmt3b recruitment through E2F6 transcriptional repressor mediates germ-line gene silencing in murine somatic tissuesGuillaume Velasco
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, University Paris Diderot, 75013 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:9281-6. 2010..Here, we focused on the functions of DNA methyltransferase-3b (Dnmt3b), of which deregulated activity is linked to several human pathologies...
- Epigenetic regulation of myofibroblast differentiation by DNA methylationBiao Hu
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, 109 Zina Pitcher Place, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2200, USA
Am J Pathol 177:21-8. 2010..These findings suggest that DNA methylation mediated by DNA methyltransferase is an important mechanism regulating the alpha-SMA gene expression during myofibroblast differentiation...
- A single amino acid substitution confers enhanced methylation activity of mammalian Dnmt3b on chromatin DNALi Shen
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology and Center of Cell Signaling, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, PR China
Nucleic Acids Res 38:6054-64. 2010Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b are paralogous enzymes responsible for de novo DNA methylation but with distinguished biological functions...
- DNA methylase and demethylase activities are modulated by one-carbon metabolism in Alzheimer's disease modelsAndrea Fuso
Department of Surgery P Valdoni, Sapienza University of Rome, P le Aldo Moro, 5 00185, Rome, Italy
J Nutr Biochem 22:242-51. 2011..We found that DNA methylases (DNMT1, 3a and 3b) and a putative demethylase (MBD2) were differently modulated, in line with the previously observed changes of PSEN1 methylation pattern in the same experimental conditions...
- Stage-by-stage change in DNA methylation status of Dnmt1 locus during mouse early developmentYeoung Gyu Ko
Laboratory of Cellular Biochemistry, Department of Animal Resource Sciences Veterinary Medical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan 113 8657
J Biol Chem 280:9627-34. 2005..Analysis using Dnmt-deficient embryonic stem cell lines revealed that Dnmt1, Dnmt3a, and Dnmt3b are each partially responsible for maintenance of methylation of Dnmt1o T-DMR...
- Transition of mouse de novo methyltransferases expression from Dnmt3b to Dnmt3a during neural progenitor cell developmentD Watanabe
Laboratory of Molecular Embryology, Department of Bioscience, Kitasato University School of Science, 1 15 1, Kitasato, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
Neuroscience 142:727-37. 2006Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b, which are known as functional de novo methyltransferases, are responsible for creating genomic methylation patterns during mammalian development...
- DNA methylation affects nuclear organization, histone modifications, and linker histone binding but not chromatin compactionNick Gilbert
Medical Research Council Human Genetics Unit, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
J Cell Biol 177:401-11. 2007....
- Deoxyribonucleic acid methyl transferases 3a and 3b associate with the nuclear orphan receptor COUP-TFI during gene activationRozenn Gallais
Unité Mixte de Recherche 6026, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite Rennes I, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 140 Génomique Fonctionnelle Agronomie Santé, Equipe Information et Programmation Cellulaire, France
Mol Endocrinol 21:2085-98. 2007..These results suggest that Dnmt3a/b could cooperate with the orphan receptor COUP-TFI to regulate transcription of the vitronectin gene...
- Telomere lengthening early in developmentLin Liu
Laboratory for Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Nat Cell Biol 9:1436-41. 2007....
- The effects of trichostatin A on mRNA expression of chromatin structure-, DNA methylation-, and development-related genes in cloned mouse blastocystsXiangping Li
Laboratory of Animal Reproduction, College of Agriculture, Kinki University, Nara, Japan
Cloning Stem Cells 10:133-42. 2008..developed from TSA-treated SCNT oocytes exhibited similar expression patterns for Hdac1, 2, and 3, CBP, PCAF, and Dnmt3b genes compared with in vitro-developed blastocysts and blastocysts developed from SCNT oocytes without TSA ..
- [Biochemistry of DNA methyltransferases]Isao Suetake
Tanpakushitsu Kakusan Koso 53:823-9. 2008
- Centromere mitotic recombination in mammalian cellsIsabel Jaco
Telomeres and Telomerase Group, Molecular Oncology Program, Spanish National Cancer Centre, 28029 Madrid, Spain
J Cell Biol 181:885-92. 2008..Furthermore, we show that centromere mitotic recombination is increased in cells lacking the Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b DNA methyltransferases, suggesting that the epigenetic state of centromeric heterochromatin controls recombination ..
- REGULATION OF INDUCIBLE NITRIC OXIDE SYNTHASE IN KIDNEYBRUCE KONE; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Postdoctoral Training in Renal Diseases and HypertensionBRUCE KONE; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is the goal of the Program that its graduates will contribute to a new generation of academic nephrologists and renal investigators equipped to address the challenging problems in renal diseases and hypertension ..
- Regulation of H/K-ATPase in Kidney and ColonBRUCE KONE; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..