Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dvl1
Description: dishevelled segment polarity protein 1
Alias: Dvl, mKIAA4029, segment polarity protein dishevelled homolog DVL-1, DSH homolog 1, dishevelled, dsh homolog 1, dishevelled-1
- Overexpression of the mouse dishevelled-1 protein inhibits GSK-3beta-mediated phosphorylation of tau in transfected mammalian cellsU Wagner
Department of Neuroscience, The Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
FEBS Lett 411:369-72. 1997..Tau is hyperphosphorylated in Alzheimer's disease and the possible relevance of these findings to Alzheimer's disease pathogenesis are discussed...
- Mechanisms of Wnt signaling in developmentA Wodarz
Institut fur Genetik, Universitat Dusseldorf, Germany
Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 14:59-88. 1998..Here we review recent data that have started to unravel the mechanisms of Wnt signaling...
- A divergent canonical WNT-signaling pathway regulates microtubule dynamics: dishevelled signals locally to stabilize microtubulesLorenza Ciani
Department of Biological Sciences, Imperial College London, London SW7 2AZ, England, UK
J Cell Biol 164:243-53. 2004Dishevelled (DVL) is associated with axonal microtubules and regulates microtubule stability through the inhibition of the serine/threonine kinase, glycogen synthase kinase 3beta (GSK-3beta)...
- Wnt signaling through Dishevelled, Rac and JNK regulates dendritic developmentSilvana B Rosso
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, Rockefeller Building, University College London, University Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Nat Neurosci 8:34-42. 2005..Consistent with these findings, hippocampal neurons from mice lacking Dvl1 show reduced dendritic arborization...
- Vangl2 acts via RhoA signaling to regulate polarized cell movements during development of the proximal outflow tractHelen M Phillips
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Circ Res 96:292-9. 2005....
- Purified Wnt-5a increases differentiation of midbrain dopaminergic cells and dishevelled phosphorylationGunnar Schulte
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Neurochem 92:1550-3. 2005..Furthermore, we identify dishevelled as a key player in transducing both Wnt canonical and non-canonical signals in dopaminergic cells...
- Inversin, the gene product mutated in nephronophthisis type II, functions as a molecular switch between Wnt signaling pathwaysMatias Simons
Renal Division, University Hospital Freiburg, Hugstetter Strasse 55, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Nat Genet 37:537-43. 2005..Inversin inhibits the canonical Wnt pathway by targeting cytoplasmic dishevelled (Dsh or Dvl1) for degradation; concomitantly, it is required for convergent extension movements in gastrulating Xenopus laevis ..
- Dishevelled 2 is essential for cardiac outflow tract development, somite segmentation and neural tube closureNatasha S Hamblet
Department of Pediatrics, UCSD Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0627, USA
Development 129:5827-38. 2002..These skeletal abnormalities were more pronounced in mice deficient for both Dvl1 and Dvl2...
- Expression of planar cell polarity genes during development of the mouse CNSFadel Tissir
Developmental Neurobiology Unit, University of Louvain Medical School, 73, Av E Mounier, Box DENE7382, B1200 Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Neurosci 23:597-607. 2006..they do in flies, we used mRNA in situ hybridization to compare the expression of Celsr3 and Fzd3 with that of dishevelled 1, 2 and 3 (Dvl1-3), van gogh-like 1 and 2 (Vangl1, 2), and prickle-like 1 and 2 (Prickle1, 2), during mouse CNS ..
- PAR1b promotes cell-cell adhesion and inhibits dishevelled-mediated transformation of Madin-Darby canine kidney cellsMaya Elbert
Margaret M Dyson Vision Research Institute and Graduate Program in Pharmacology, Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY 10021, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:3345-55. 2006..2) Par1b attenuates the effect of Dishevelled (Dvl) expression, an inducer of wnt signaling that causes transformation of epithelial cells...
- Signaling across the synapse: a role for Wnt and Dishevelled in presynaptic assembly and neurotransmitter releaseAzlina Ahmad-Annuar
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, England, UK
J Cell Biol 174:127-39. 2006..We show that loss of function of Dishevelled-1 (Dvl1) mimics and enhances the Wnt7a phenotype in the cerebellum...
- Differential mediation of the Wnt canonical pathway by mammalian Dishevelleds-1, -2, and -3Yi Nan Lee
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, School of Medicine, Health Sciences Center, SUNY Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8661, United States
Cell Signal 20:443-52. 2008..In the genomes of higher organism (including mammals), three genes encoding isoforms of Dishevelled (Dvl1, Dvl2, and Dvl3) are present...
- Characterization of mouse dishevelled (Dvl) proteins in Wnt/Wingless signaling pathwayJ S Lee
Department of Viral Oncology, Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:21464-70. 1999..To demonstrate functional conservation of Dsh family proteins, two mouse homologs of Drosophila Dsh, Dvl-1 and Dvl-2, were biochemically characterized in mouse and Drosophila cell culture systems...
- G alpha o mediates WNT-JNK signaling through dishevelled 1 and 3, RhoA family members, and MEKK 1 and 4 in mammalian cellsRama Kamesh Bikkavilli
Department of Pharmacology, Health Sciences Center, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8651, USA
J Cell Sci 121:234-45. 2008..These data reveal both common and unique signaling elements in WNT3a-sensitive pathways, highlighting crosstalk from WNT3a-JNK to WNT3a-beta-catenin signaling...
- Wnt regulates axon behavior through changes in microtubule growth directionality: a new role for adenomatous polyposis coliSilvia A Purro
Research Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 28:8644-54. 2008..Analyses of Dishevelled-1 (Dvl1) mutant neurons demonstrate that Dvl1 is required for Wnt-mediated microtubule reorganization and axon remodeling...
- Wnt proteins induce dishevelled phosphorylation via an LRP5/6- independent mechanism, irrespective of their ability to stabilize beta-cateninJosé M González-Sancho
Strang Cancer Research Laboratory at The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:4757-68. 2004..Dishevelled (Dvl) is a key component of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling and becomes phosphorylated upon activation of this pathway...
- Isolation and characterization of a mouse homolog of the Drosophila segment polarity gene dishevelledD J Sussman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore 21201 1559
Dev Biol 166:73-86. 1994..The 695-amino-acid protein encoded by the mouse dishevelled gene (Dvl-1) shares 50% identity (65% similarity) with dsh...
- Organization and promoter analysis of the mouse dishevelled-1 geneN Lijam
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore 21201, USA
Genome Res 5:116-24. 1995We have characterized the genomic organization of a mouse homolog (Dvl-1) of Drosophila dishevelled, a segment polarity gene required for wingless signal transduction...
- Wnt3a-mediated formation of phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate regulates LRP6 phosphorylationWeijun Pan
Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Science 321:1350-3. 2008..In turn, PtdIns (4,5)P2 regulated phosphorylation of LRP6 at Thr1479 and Ser1490. Therefore, our study reveals a signaling mechanism for Wnt to regulate LRP6 phosphorylation...
- Independent mutations in mouse Vangl2 that cause neural tube defects in looptail mice impair interaction with members of the Dishevelled familyElena Torban
Department of Biochemistry, Center for Host Resistance and McGill Cancer Center, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
J Biol Chem 279:52703-13. 2004..mutations identified in two independent Lp alleles associated with neural tube defects impair binding to Dvl1, Dvl2, and Dvl3. These findings suggest a molecular mechanism for the neural tube defect seen in Lp mice...
- Genomic organization of mouse Dishevelled genesY Yang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Maryland at Baltimore 21201, USA
Gene 180:121-3. 1996..clones were isolated from a mouse 129 strain gamma FIXII genomic library and have identical exon/intron organization to Dvl1. All three Dishevelled genes span 15 exons and 14 introns and have a number of conserved splice junction sites.
- Murine dishevelled 3 functions in redundant pathways with dishevelled 1 and 2 in normal cardiac outflow tract, cochlea, and neural tube developmentS Leah Etheridge
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
PLoS Genet 4:e1000259. 2008..Three mammalian Dvl genes have been identified and the developmental roles of Dvl1 and Dvl2 were previously determined...
- Social interaction and sensorimotor gating abnormalities in mice lacking Dvl1N Lijam
Laboratory of Genetic Disease Research, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cell 90:895-905. 1997Mice completely deficient for Dvl1, one of three mouse homologs of the Drosophila segment polarity gene Dishevelled, were created by gene targeting. Dvl1-deficient mice are viable, fertile, and structurally normal...
- A coated vesicle-associated kinase of 104 kDa (CVAK104) induces lysosomal degradation of frizzled 5 (Fzd5)Takeshi Terabayashi
Laboratory of Intracellular Signaling, Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Biol Chem 284:26716-24. 2009..We identify CVAK104 as a novel binding partner of Dishevelled (Dvl), a scaffold protein in the Wnt signaling pathway...
- Posterior malformations in Dact1 mutant mice arise through misregulated Vangl2 at the primitive streakRowena Suriben
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Nat Genet 41:977-85. 2009..We conclude that Dact1 contributes to morphogenesis at the primitive streak by regulating Vangl2 upstream of cell adhesion and the PCP pathway...
- Wnt7a signaling promotes dendritic spine growth and synaptic strength through Ca²⁺/Calmodulin-dependent protein kinase IILorenza Ciani
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:10732-7. 2011..Wnt7a or postsynaptic expression of Dishevelled-1 (Dvl1), a core Wnt signaling component, increases the frequency and amplitude of miniature excitatory postsynaptic ..
- Dishevelled genes mediate a conserved mammalian PCP pathway to regulate convergent extension during neurulationJianbo Wang
Department of Pediatrics and Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, MC 0627, La Jolla, CA 92093 0627, USA
Development 133:1767-78. 2006..Here we show, using mice with null mutations in two mammalian Dishevelled homologs, Dvl1 and Dvl2, that during neurulation a homologous mammalian PCP pathway regulates concomitant lengthening and ..
- Regulation of polarized extension and planar cell polarity in the cochlea by the vertebrate PCP pathwayJianbo Wang
Department of Pediatrics and Medicine, University of California San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Nat Genet 37:980-5. 2005....
- Mechanism of activation of the Formin protein Daam1Wei Liu
Departments of Biochemistry, Robert Wood Johnson School of Medicine, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:210-5. 2008..we report that Daam1 is not significantly activated by Rho binding but rather by its interaction with Dishevelled (Dvl)...
- Microtubules enable the planar cell polarity of airway ciliaEszter K Vladar
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Curr Biol 22:2203-12. 2012..Airway cilia must be physically oriented along the longitudinal tissue axis for concerted, directional motility that is essential for proper mucociliary clearance...
- The PCP effector Fuzzy controls cilial assembly and signaling by recruiting Rab8 and Dishevelled to the primary ciliumYulia Zilber
Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, QC H3A 2B4, Canada
Mol Biol Cell 24:555-65. 2013..We show that loss of Fuzzy results in inhibition of PCP signaling and hyperactivation of the canonical WNT pathway. We propose a mechanism by which Fuzzy participates in ciliogenesis and affects both canonical WNT and PCP signaling...
- Cytosolic TMEM88 promotes invasion and metastasis in lung cancer cells by binding DVLSXiupeng Zhang
Department of Pathology, First Affiliated Hospital and College of Basic Medical Sciences, China Medical University, Shenyang, China
Cancer Res 75:4527-37. 2015..Overall, our findings show how mislocalization of TMEM88 to the cytosol in NSCLC cells ablates its Wnt pathway regulatory properties, thereby promoting invasion and metastasis by activating the p38-GSK3β-Snail signaling pathway...
- The vacuolar-ATPase inhibitor bafilomycin and mutant VPS35 inhibit canonical Wnt signalingAna George
Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veteran s Administration Hospital, Bedford, MA 01730 1114, USA
Neurobiol Dis 26:125-33. 2007..These data suggest that endosomal V-type ATPase activity and retromer trafficking proteins are functionally important in Wnt signal transduction...
- A novel role of the WNT-dishevelled-GSK3β signaling cascade in the mouse nucleus accumbens in a social defeat model of depressionMatthew B Wilkinson
Fishberg Department of Neuroscience and Friedman Brain Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Neurosci 31:9084-92. 2011..Other DVL isoforms, DVL1 and DVL3, show similar patterns of regulation...
- Identification of neuroglobin-interacting proteins using yeast two-hybrid screeningZ Yu
Neuroprotection Research Laboratory, Departments of Neurology and Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Program in Neuroscience, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA, USA
Neuroscience 200:99-105. 2012..Our findings provide molecular targets for investigating protein interaction-based biological functions and neuroprotective mechanisms of Ngb...
- The Dishevelled-associating protein Daple controls the non-canonical Wnt/Rac pathway and cell motilityMaki Ishida-Takagishi
Department of Pathology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Japan
Nat Commun 3:859. 2012..These findings indicate that Daple interacts with Dishevelled to direct the Dishevelled/protein kinase λ protein complex to activate Rac, which in turn mediates the non-canonical Wnt signalling pathway required for cell migration...
- Antagonistic functions of Dishevelleds regulate Frizzled3 endocytosis via filopodia tips in Wnt-mediated growth cone guidanceKeisuke Onishi
Neurobiology Section, Biological Sciences Division University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 and Université Catholique de Louvain, Institute of Neuroscience, Brussels, B 1348 Belgium
J Neurosci 33:19071-85. 2013....
- Frizzled-9 is activated by Wnt-2 and functions in Wnt/beta -catenin signalingTakatoshi Karasawa
Child Study Center and Interdepartmental Neuroscience Program, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Biol Chem 277:37479-86. 2002..Rfz9 overexpression induces the hyperphosphorylation and relocalization of mouse Dishevelled-1 (Dvl-1) from the cytoplasm to the cell membrane and the accumulation of cytosolic beta-catenin...
- Loss of Dishevelleds disrupts planar polarity in ependymal motile cilia and results in hydrocephalusShinya Ohata
Department of Neurological Surgery and Eli and Edythe Broad Center of Regeneration Medicine and Stem Cell Research, University of California, San Francisco UCSF, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Neuron 83:558-71. 2014..Using the hGFAP-Cre;Dvl1(-/-);2(flox/flox);3(+/-) mouse, we show that compound genetic ablation of Dvls causes hydrocephalus...
- Targeted inhibition of disheveled PDZ domain via NSC668036 depresses fibrotic processCong Wang
Immunology and Reproduction Biology Laboratory, Medical School, Nanjing University, Nanjing, Hankou Road 22, Jiangsu 210093, China Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Nanjing University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210093, China State Key Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry for Life Science, Nanjing University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210093, China Electronic address
Exp Cell Res 331:115-22. 2015..In vitro study, NSC668036, a small organic inhibitor of the PDZ domain in Dvl, suppressed β-catenin-driven gene transcription and abolished TGF-β1-induced migration, expression of collagen I ..
- Dual functions of DP1 promote biphasic Wnt-on and Wnt-off states during anteroposterior neural patterningWan Tae Kim
Department of Life Science, University of Seoul, Seoul, Korea
EMBO J 31:3384-97. 2012..DP1 negatively regulates Wnt/β-catenin signalling by inhibiting Dvl-Axin interaction and by enhancing poly-ubiquitination of β-catenin...
- Regulation of ciliary polarity by the APC/CAthina Ganner
Renal Division, Department of Medicine, University Hospital Freiburg, Hugstetter Strasse 55, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:17799-804. 2009..In multiciliated Xenopus epidermal cells, recruitment of Dishevelled (Dvl) to the basal body and its localization to the center of the ciliary rootlet are required to correctly position the ..
- LRRK2 functions as a Wnt signaling scaffold, bridging cytosolic proteins and membrane-localized LRP6Daniel C Berwick
Department of Pharmacology, UCL School of Pharmacy, University College London, 29 39 Brunswick Square, London, UK
Hum Mol Genet 21:4966-79. 2012..Finally, a newly developed LRRK2 kinase inhibitor disrupted Wnt signaling to a similar extent as pathogenic LRRK2 mutations. The use of LRRK2 kinase inhibition to treat PD may therefore need reconsideration...
- Wnt/β-catenin signaling requires interaction of the Dishevelled DEP domain and C terminus with a discontinuous motif in FrizzledDaniele V F Tauriello
Department of Cell Biology, University Medical Center Utrecht, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:E812-20. 2012..The Fz-mediated membrane recruitment of the cytoplasmic effector Dishevelled (Dvl) is a critical step in Wnt/β-catenin signaling initiation, but how Fz and Dvl act together to drive downstream ..
- The mouse Wnt/PCP protein Vangl2 is necessary for migration of facial branchiomotor neurons, and functions independently of DishevelledDerrick M Glasco
Division of Biological Sciences, Bond Life Sciences Center, University of Missouri, Columbia, 65211, USA
Dev Biol 369:211-22. 2012..However, FBM neurons migrated normally in Dishevelled (Dvl) 1/2 double mutants, and in zebrafish embryos with disrupted Dvl signaling, suggesting that Dvl function is ..
- Phosphorylation of Dishevelled by protein kinase RIPK4 regulates Wnt signalingXiaodong Huang
Department of Physiological Chemistry, Genentech, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Science 339:1441-5. 2013..Wnt-dependent growth of xenografted human tumor cells was suppressed by RIPK4 knockdown, suggesting that RIPK4 overexpression may contribute to the growth of certain tumor types...
- Dishevelled proteins are associated with olfactory sensory neuron presynaptic terminalsDiego J Rodriguez-Gil
Department of Neurosurgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e56561. 2013..Dishevelled (Dvl) is a key molecule downstream of Fz receptors...
- Nuclear factor of activated T cells (NFAT) proteins repress canonical Wnt signaling via its interaction with Dishevelled (Dvl) protein and participate in regulating neural progenitor cell proliferation and differentiationTao Huang
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
J Biol Chem 286:37399-405. 2011..nuclear factor of activated T cells (NFAT), a component of Ca(2+) signaling, interacts directly with Dishevelled (Dvl) in a Ca(2+)-dependent manner...
- Wnt signaling promotes AChR aggregation at the neuromuscular synapse in collaboration with agrinJuan P Henriquez
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:18812-7. 2008..Our data reveal a role for Wnts in post-synaptic assembly at the vertebrate NMJ by enhancing agrin function through Rac1 activation...
- Inactivation of Chibby affects function of motile airway ciliaVera A Voronina
Department of Pharmacology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, USA
J Cell Biol 185:225-33. 2009..As the phenotypes of Cby(-/-) mice bear striking similarities to primary ciliary dyskinesia, Cby(-/-) mice may prove to be a useful model for this condition...
- cDNA characterization and chromosomal mapping of two human homologues of the Drosophila dishevelled polarity geneA Pizzuti
Istituto di Clinica Neurologica, Centro Dino Ferrari Università di Milano, Italy
Hum Mol Genet 5:953-8. 1996..We have isolated and characterized cDNA clones from two different human dsh-homologous genes, designated as DVL-1 and DVL-3. DVL-1 and DVL-3 putative protein products show 64% amino acid identity...
- Human homologue sequences to the Drosophila dishevelled segment-polarity gene are deleted in the DiGeorge syndromeA Pizzuti
Istituto di Neurologia, Universita di Milano, Italy
Am J Hum Genet 58:722-9. 1996..Sequences homologous to the 3' UTR of these transcripts (DVL-22) were positioned within the DGS critical region and were found to be deleted in DGS patients...
- Prickle promotes neurite outgrowth via the Dishevelled dependent pathway in C1300 cellsLisa Fujimura
Biomedical Research Center, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba City, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Neurosci Lett 467:6-10. 2009..Upon induction of the neurite-like process formation, the amount of Dvl1 protein decreased...
- Negative regulation of Wnt signaling mediated by CK1-phosphorylated Dishevelled via Ror2Florian Witte
Development and Disease Group, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Ihnestr 73, 14195 Berlin, Germany
FASEB J 24:2417-26. 2010Dishevelled (Dvl) is a multifunctional effector of different Wnt cascades...
- Loss of the tumor suppressor CYLD enhances Wnt/beta-catenin signaling through K63-linked ubiquitination of DvlDaniele V F Tauriello
Department of Cell Biology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Heidelberglaan 100, 3584CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mol Cell 37:607-19. 2010..Frizzled (Fz) receptor-mediated plasma membrane recruitment and activation of the cytoplasmic effector Dishevelled (Dvl)...
- Involvement of p114-RhoGEF and Lfc in Wnt-3a- and dishevelled-induced RhoA activation and neurite retraction in N1E-115 mouse neuroblastoma cellsTakuji Tsuji
Department of Biomolecular Sciences, Graduate School of Life Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 21:3590-600. 2010..Dishevelled (Dvl) and its binding protein Daam1 mediate RhoA activation in this pathway...
- Nucleoredoxin sustains Wnt/β-catenin signaling by retaining a pool of inactive dishevelled proteinYosuke Funato
Laboratory of Intracellular Signaling, Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Curr Biol 20:1945-52. 2010Overexpression of Dishevelled (Dvl), an essential component of the Wnt signaling pathway, is frequently associated with tumors, and thus the Dvl protein level must be tightly controlled to sustain Wnt signaling without causing tumors...
- Identification of transmembrane protein 88 (TMEM88) as a dishevelled-binding proteinHo Jin Lee
Department of Structural Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
J Biol Chem 285:41549-56. 2010..Dishevelled (Dvl/Dsh) protein is one of key components in Wnt signaling and plays essential roles in regulating these pathways ..
- Dishevelled-3 C-terminal His single amino acid repeats are obligate for Wnt5a activation of non-canonical signalingLi Ma
Departments of Physiology and Biophysics, Health Sciences Center, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794
J Mol Signal 5:19. 2010..gt; cyclic GMP phosphodiesterase/Ca2+-mobilization pathway regulates the activation of NF-AT) is mediated by three mammalian Dishevelleds (Dvl1, Dvl2, and Dvl3) and the role of the C-terminal region unique to Dvl3 was interrogated.
- Vangl2 promotes Wnt/planar cell polarity-like signaling by antagonizing Dvl1-mediated feedback inhibition in growth cone guidanceBeth Shafer
Neurobiology Section, Biological Sciences Division, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Dev Cell 20:177-91. 2011..Taken together, we propose that the antagonistic functions of Vangl2 and Dvl1 (over Frizzled3 hyperphosphorylation and endocytosis) allow sharpening of PCP signaling locally on the tips of the ..
- Chromosomal localization of the zinc finger protein 15, Zfp15, on mouse chromosome 4M L Roller
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0618, USA
Mamm Genome 6:305. 1995
- Dishevelled proteins regulate cell adhesion in mouse blastocyst and serve to monitor changes in Wnt signalingJie Na
The Wellcome Trust Cancer Research UK Gurdon Institute of Cancer and Developmental Biology and Department of Genetics, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Dev Biol 302:40-9. 2007..This suggests that perturbing Dvl function interferes with cell-cell adhesion through the non-canonical Wnt pathway in blastocysts.
- Casein kinase Iepsilon modulates the signaling specificities of dishevelledFeng Cong
Program in Cell Biology, Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:2000-11. 2004..Dishevelled (Dvl) protein plays a central role in this pathway by transducing the signal from the Wnt receptor complex to the beta-..
- Expanded characterization of the social interaction abnormalities in mice lacking Dvl1J M Long
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA, USA
Genes Brain Behav 3:51-62. 2004b>Dvl1 is one of three murine Dishevelled genes widely expressed in embryonic development and in the adult central nervous system...
- Molecular study of mouse peri-implantation development using the in vitro culture of aggregated inner cell massVernadeth B Alarcon
Department of Anatomy and Reproductive Biology, Institute for Biogenesis Research, University of Hawai i John A Burns School of Medicine, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Mol Reprod Dev 67:83-90. 2004..Taken together, we propose that the 5x ICM is a useful in vitro tool to study the mechanisms of peri-implantation development of the mouse embryo. Mol. Reprod. Dev. 67: 83-90, 2004...
- Direct binding of the PDZ domain of Dishevelled to a conserved internal sequence in the C-terminal region of FrizzledHing C Wong
Department of Structural Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Mol Cell 12:1251-60. 2003The cytoplasmic protein Dishevelled (Dvl) and the associated membrane-bound receptor Frizzled (Fz) are essential in canonical and noncanonical Wnt signaling pathways...
- BP75, bromodomain-containing M(r) 75,000 protein, binds dishevelled-1 and enhances Wnt signaling by inactivating glycogen synthase kinase-3 betaSunhong Kim
National Creative Research Initiatives Center for Cell Growth Regulation and Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Yusong, Taejon 305 701, Republic of Korea
Cancer Res 63:4792-5. 2003To identify novel regulators of Wnt signaling, we performed yeast two-hybrid analyses with Dvl-1 and identified BP75 as a candidate...
- Identification of three novel Smad binding proteins involved in cell polarityDennis R Warner
University of Louisville Birth Defects Center, Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Craniofacial Biology, University of Louisville School of Dentistry, 501 South Preston Street, Suite 301, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
FEBS Lett 539:167-73. 2003....
- Identification of 2 novel genes developmentally regulated in the mouse aorta-gonad-mesonephros regionClaudia Orelio
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 101:2246-9. 2003..The identification of differentially expressed genes in the AGM region should yield further insights into the development of this tissue and into the emergence and regulation of HSCs...
- Mapping genes in the mouse using single-strand conformation polymorphism analysis of recombinant inbred strains and interspecific crossesD R Beier
Division of Genetics, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:9102-6. 1992..We also tested the utility of this approach for characterizing genes that have not been previously mapped. Dvl, the mouse homolog of the putative Drosophila dishevelled gene, and Adfp, encoding an adipocyte differentiation-..
- Second cysteine-rich domain of Dickkopf-2 activates canonical Wnt signaling pathway via LRP-6 independently of dishevelledLin Li
Department of Genetics and Developmental Biology, University of Connecticut, Farmington, Connecticut 06030, USA
J Biol Chem 277:5977-81. 2002..We also showed that while both Axin and the DIX domain of Dishevelled (Dvl) could inhibit Dkk-2C2-induced activation of LEF-1, the DEP domain of Dvl, which inhibited Wnt-induced activation ..
- Characterization of a Mus spretus YAC that maps to the pseudoautosomal regionC H Yen
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, New York State Department of Health, Buffalo 14263, USA
Genomics 39:19-29. 1997..Sequences homologous to the clone are also present at subtelomeric regions of autosomes 4, 9, and 13...
- Interruption of Wnt signaling attenuates the onset of pressure overload-induced cardiac hypertrophyVeerle A M van de Schans
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
Hypertension 49:473-80. 2007..Stimulation of the Wnt/Frizzled pathway activates the disheveled (Dvl) protein...
- A candidate taste receptor gene near a sweet taste locusJ P Montmayeur
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Neurosci 4:492-8. 2001....
- Inhibition of endocytosis blocks Wnt signalling to beta-catenin by promoting dishevelled degradationV Bryja
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Molecular Neurobiology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 190:55-61. 2007..Therefore, we investigated the effects of endocytosis inhibition on Frizzled4-green fluorescent protein (FZD(4)-GFP) localization, dishevelled levels and Wnt-3a signalling to beta-catenin...
- A beta-catenin-independent dorsalization pathway activated by Axin/JNK signaling and antagonized by aidaYanning Rui
Key Laboratory of Ministry of Education for Cell Biology, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University, Fujian 361005, Xiamen, China
Dev Cell 13:268-82. 2007..We have thus identified a dorsalization pathway that is exerted by Axin/JNK signaling and its inhibitor Aida during vertebrate embryogenesis...
- Inhibition of the Wnt signaling pathway by Idax, a novel Dvl-binding proteinS Hino
Department of Biochemistry, Hiroshima University School of Medicine, 1 2 3, Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 21:330-42. 2001In attempting to clarify the roles of Dvl in the Wnt signaling pathway, we identified a novel protein which binds to the PDZ domain of Dvl and named it Idax (for inhibition of the Dvl and Axin complex)...
- Mouse p73 gene maps to the distal part of chromosome 4 and might be involved in the progression of gamma-radiation-induced T-cell lymphomasM Herranz
Departamento de Biologia, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain
Cancer Res 59:2068-71. 1999..6% (16 of 49) of the tumors analyzed. Interestingly, allelic losses occur concurrently at both p73 and D4Mit205b, thus suggesting that p73 could be specifically inactivated in radiation-induced T-cell lymphomas...
- Natural resistance to Mycoplasma pulmonis infection in mice: host resistance gene(s) map to chromosome 4W C Lai
Division of Comparative Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 9072, USA
Nat Immun 15:241-8. 1996....
- SUMOylation target sites at the C terminus protect Axin from ubiquitination and confer protein stabilityMin Jung Kim
Department of Genetics and Development, 701 W 168th St, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
FASEB J 22:3785-94. 2008..Although C6 deletion also caused increased association of Axin with Dvl-1, this interaction was not altered by mutating the lysine residues in C6, nor could heterologous SUMOylation ..
- Chato, a KRAB zinc-finger protein, regulates convergent extension in the mouse embryoMaría J García-García
Molecular Biology and Genetics Department, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Development 135:3053-62. 2008....
- Characterization of function of three domains in dishevelled-1: DEP domain is responsible for membrane translocation of dishevelled-1Wei Jun Pan
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yueyang Rd, Shanghai 200031, China
Cell Res 14:324-30. 2004..how Wnts transduce their signaling from receptor frizzled (Fz) to cytosol has not been understood, dishevelled (Dvl) protein was considered as the intersection of Wnt signal traffic...
- A dishevelled-1/Smad1 interaction couples WNT and bone morphogenetic protein signaling pathways in uncommitted bone marrow stromal cellsZhongyu Liu
Division of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0019, USA
J Biol Chem 281:17156-63. 2006..in 293T cells transfected with individual Smads and Wnt pathway components revealed a specific interaction between Dvl-1 and Smad1 that was dependent on the presence of Wnt3a or BMP-2...
- Stage-dependent Dishevelled-1 expression during mouse spermatogenesis suggests a role in regulating spermatid morphological changesPengpeng Ma
Department of Cell Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100005, China
Mol Reprod Dev 73:774-83. 2006Dishevelled (Dsh in Drosophila or DVL in mice) is a member of the highly conserved Wg/Wnt signaling pathway, which regulates important processes such as cell proliferation, polarity, and specification of cell fate...
- Dishevelled promotes neurite outgrowth in neuronal differentiating neuroblastoma 2A cells, via a DIX-domain dependent pathwayShongshan Fan
Departments of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 132:38-50. 2004Dishevelled (Dvl) is a cytoplasmic protein involved in the Wnt-Frizzled signaling cascade, which has also been shown to interact with the cytoskeleton in part through inhibition of glycogen synthase kinase 3beta (GSK3beta)...
- Mammalian Ryk is a Wnt coreceptor required for stimulation of neurite outgrowthWange Lu
California Institute of Technology, Division of Biology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Cell 119:97-108. 2004..Thus, Ryk appears to play a crucial role in Wnt-mediated signaling...
- Regulation of AChR clustering by Dishevelled interacting with MuSK and PAK1Zhen G Luo
Department of Neurobiology, Civitan International Research Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1530 Third Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Neuron 35:489-505. 2002..Expression of dominant-negative Dvl1 in postsynaptic muscle cells reduces the amplitude of spontaneous synaptic currents at the NMJ...
- Positional cloning of the mouse saccharin preference (Sac) locusA A Bachmanov
Monell Chemical Senses Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Chem Senses 26:925-33. 2001..This study provides compelling evidence that Tas1r3 is equivalent to the Sac locus and that the T1R3 receptor responds to sweeteners...
- Wnt-mediated relocalization of dishevelled proteinsS A Steitz
University of Maryland School of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baltimore 21201, USA
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 32:441-5. 1996..1995). We report here that the mouse Dishevelled-1 (Dvl-1) and Dishevelled-2 genes encode proteins that are differentially localized in Wnt-overexpressing PC12 cell lines (..
- Molecular markers that define the distal ends of mouse autosomes 4, 13, and 19 and the sex chromosomesE M Eicher
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Mamm Genome 4:226-9. 1993
- Multifactorial inheritance of neural tube defects: localization of the major gene and recognition of modifiers in ct mutant miceP E Neumann
Department of Neurology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusets
Nat Genet 6:357-62. 1994..This study provides definitive evidence for multifactorial inheritance in a mouse model of human NTD...
- Haplotype analysis of intra-specific backcross curly-tail mice confirms the localization of ct to chromosome 4D R Beier
Genetics Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mamm Genome 6:269-72. 1995..Finally, we examined Pax7 as a candidate gene for the ct mutation and found no evidence of protein sequence differences in ct compared with wild-type mice...
- Role of Par Genes in the Early Mouse EmbryoVERNADETH ALARCON; Fiscal Year: 2006..An understanding of cell polarization in the mouse embryo should have significant benefit for human health research related to reproductive problems. ..