Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Erbin
Description: Erbb2 interacting protein
Alias: 1700028E05Rik, Erbb2ip, mKIAA1225, erbin, densin-180-like protein, erbb2-interacting protein, protein LAP2
- Erbin regulates mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase activation and MAP kinase-dependent interactions between Merlin and adherens junction protein complexes in Schwann cellsReshma Rangwala
Division of Neuroscience, Oregon National Primate Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Beaverton, Oregon 97006, USA
J Biol Chem 280:11790-7. 2005..Here, we find that a novel PDZ protein, called erbin, binds directly to the merlin-binding partner, EBP0, and regulates adherens junction dissociation through a MAP ..
- Erbin regulates NRG1 signaling and myelinationYanmei Tao
Department of Neurology, Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:9477-82. 2009..However, little is known about regulatory mechanisms of NRG1 signaling. We show here that Erbin, a protein that contains leucine-rich repeats (LRR) and a PSD95-Dlg-Zol (PDZ) domain and that interacts ..
- ERBIN: a basolateral PDZ protein that interacts with the mammalian ERBB2/HER2 receptorJ P Borg
U119 INSERM, Molecular Oncology, Marseille, France
Nat Cell Biol 2:407-14. 2000..We have identified a new PDZ protein we named ERBIN (ERBB2 interacting protein) that acts as an adaptor for the receptor ERBB2/HER2 in epithelia...
- Erbin is required for myelination in regenerated axons after injuryChuan Liang
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics and Department of Neurology, Georgia Health Science University, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Neurosci 32:15169-80. 2012..In this study, we investigated the role of Erbin, a protein that interacts with ErbB2 in remyelination of injured nerves...
- LAP proteins are localized at the post-synaptic membrane of neuromuscular junctions and appear to modulate synaptic morphology and transmissionBojana Kravic
Institut fur Biochemie, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Neurochem 139:381-395. 2016b>Erbin, Lano, Scribble, and Densin-180 belong to LAP (leucine-rich repeats and PDZ domain) adaptor proteins involved in cell signaling pathways...
- Erbin is a novel substrate of the Sag-βTrCP E3 ligase that regulates KrasG12D-induced skin tumorigenesisChuan Ming Xie
Division of Radiation and Cancer Biology, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
J Cell Biol 209:721-37. 2015..Simultaneous one-allele deletion of the Erbin-encoding gene Erbb2ip partially rescued the phenotypes. Finally, we characterized Erbin as a novel substrate of SAG-βTrCP E3 ligase...
- FHL2 switches MITF from activator to repressor of Erbin expression during cardiac hypertrophyInbal Rachmin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Institute for Medical Research Israel Canada, Hebrew University Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Int J Cardiol 195:85-94. 2015..We have previously described that microphthalmia-associated transcription factor (MITF) is a key regulator of cardiac hypertrophy, but its cardiac targets are still uncharacterized...
- Erbin interacts with c-Cbl and promotes tumourigenesis and tumour growth in colorectal cancer by preventing c-Cbl-mediated ubiquitination and down-regulation of EGFRSu Yao
Department of Pathology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
J Pathol 236:65-77. 2015..Here, we found that Erbin, a member of the leucine-rich repeat and PDZ domain (LAP) family, plays a key role in EGFR signalling...
- Role of Erbin in ErbB2-dependent breast tumor growthYanmei Tao
Department of Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine and Department of Neurology, Medical College of Georgia, Georgia Regents University, Augusta, GA 30912 Key Lab of Organ Development and Regeneration of Zhejiang Province, Institute of Developmental and Regenerative Biology, College of Life and Environmental Sciences, Hangzhou Normal University, Hangzhou 310036, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:E4429-38. 2014..We report here that Erbin, an ErbB2-interacting protein that was thought to act as an antitumor factor, is specifically expressed in mammary ..
- Erbin is a negative modulator of cardiac hypertrophyInbal Rachmin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute for Medical Research Israel Canada, Hebrew University Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:5902-7. 2014b>ErbB2 interacting protein (Erbin) is a widely expressed protein and participates in inhibition of several intracellular signaling pathways. Its mRNA has been found to be present in relatively high levels in the heart...
- Differential expression of neuregulin-1 isoforms and downregulation of erbin are associated with Erb B2 receptor activation in diabetic peripheral neuropathyPan Pan
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, USA
Acta Neuropathol Commun 1:39. 2013..Alternatively, Erb B2 activity can be negatively regulated by association with the Erb B2-interacting protein, erbin. Since the effect of diabetes on the expression of NRG1 isoforms and erbin in peripheral nerve are unknown, the ..
- Erbin interacts with TARP γ-2 for surface expression of AMPA receptors in cortical interneuronsYanmei Tao
Institute of Developmental and Regenerative Biology, College of Life and Environmental Sciences, Hangzhou Normal University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Nat Neurosci 16:290-9. 2013..Here we demonstrate that Erbin is specifically expressed in cortical inhibitory neurons...
- Identification of Erbin interlinking MuSK and ErbB2 and its impact on acetylcholine receptor aggregation at the neuromuscular junctionLuca Simeone
Institut fur Biochemie, Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Neurosci 30:6620-34. 2010b>Erbin, a binding partner of ErbB2, was identified as the first member of the LAP family of proteins...
- Erbin controls dendritic morphogenesis by regulating localization of delta-cateninJyothi Arikkath
Department of Physiology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
J Neurosci 28:7047-56. 2008The LAP [leucine-rich and postsynaptic density-95/Discs large/zona occludens-1 (PDZ)] protein erbin and delta-catenin, a component of the cadherin-catenin cell adhesion complex, are highly expressed in neurons and associate through PDZ-..
- Erbin inhibits RAF activation by disrupting the sur-8-Ras-Raf complexPenggao Dai
Program of Developmental Neurobiology, Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, 30912, USA
J Biol Chem 281:927-33. 2006b>Erbin is a member of the LAP (leucine-rich repeat (LRR) and PDZ domain) family. It inhibits Ras-mediated activation of ERK in response to growth factors...
- A role for Erbin in the regulation of Nod2-dependent NF-kappaB signalingChristine McDonald
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School and Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 280:40301-9. 2005..We performed a biochemical screen to discover potential regulators of Nod2 and identified Erbin, a protein involved in cell polarity, receptor localization, and regulation of the mitogen-activated protein ..
- Identification of three novel Smad binding proteins involved in cell polarityDennis R Warner
University of Louisville Birth Defects Center, Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Craniofacial Biology, University of Louisville School of Dentistry, 501 South Preston Street, Suite 301, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
FEBS Lett 539:167-73. 2003..Three proteins (Erbin, Par-3, and Dishevelled) were identified that share several similar structural and functional characteristics...
- Interaction between Erbin and a Catenin-related protein in epithelial cellsFanny Jaulin-Bastard
U119 INSERM, Molecular Oncology, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Molecular Pharmacology, 27 boulevard Lei Roure 13009 Marseille, France
J Biol Chem 277:2869-75. 2002..We previously described Erbin as a mammalian LET-413 homologue interacting with ERBB2/HER2, an epidermal growth factor receptor family member...
- Erbin is a protein concentrated at postsynaptic membranes that interacts with PSD-95Y Z Huang
Departments of Neurobiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, School of Medicine, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Biol Chem 276:19318-26. 2001..Using as bait the ErbB2 C terminus, we identified Erbin, another PDZ domain-containing protein that interacts specifically with ErbB2...
- MECHANISMS OF NEUROTROPHIN RECEPTOR CROSSTALKRICK DOBROWSKY; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will determine if compartmentalization of the receptors into CRDs is in fact necessary, and if the CRD content of cholesterol and sphingomyelin affects the localization of Trk to CRDs, and compromises signaling. ..
- REGULATION OF P75NTR SIGNALING IN CAVEOLAERICK DOBROWSKY; Fiscal Year: 2003..The expected outcome of these studies is that we will provide important and novel information relevant to our understanding of signal transduction pathways operative in neurodegenerative processes. ..
- Oxidative Stress and the Mitochondrial Proteome in Diabetic NeuropathyRICK DOBROWSKY; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Nephronectin-dependent signaling in kidney developmentLouis Reichardt; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will attempt to determine which of these pathways are activated by nephronectin-engagement of a8bl and which are compromised by the absence of a8bl in the metanephric mesenchyme. ..
- Molecular & Cellular Neurobiology 2008 Gordon Research ConferenceLouis Reichardt; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Integrin Signaling in Nervous System DevelopmentLouis Reichardt; Fiscal Year: 2009..They should also contribute to our understanding of the signaling pathways through which an important family of axon guidance molecules controls axon growth, branching and guidance. ..