Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Foxd3
Description: forkhead box D3
Alias: CWH3, Genesis, Hfh2, forkhead box protein D3, HFH-2, HNF-3/forkhead homolog 2, HNF3/FH transcription factor genesis, hepatocyte nuclear factor 3 forkhead homolog 2
- The winged-helix transcription factor Foxd3 suppresses interneuron differentiation and promotes neural crest cell fateM Dottori
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, The Salk Institute, 10010 North Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Development 128:4127-38. 2001..In this study, we show that the winged helix transcription factor Foxd3 is expressed in both premigratory and migratory neural crest cells...
- Mouse models of Hirschsprung disease and other developmental disorders of the enteric nervous system: Old and new playersNadege Bondurand
INSERM, U955, Equipe 6, F 94000 Creteil, France Université Paris Est, UPEC, F 94000 Creteil, France Electronic address
Dev Biol 417:139-57. 2016..Finally, because HSCR has become a paradigm for complex oligogenic diseases with non-Mendelian inheritance, the importance of gene interactions, modifier genes, and initial studies on genetic background effects are outlined. ..
- Ground-state transcriptional requirements for skin-derived precursorsMichael T Suflita
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Stem Cells Dev 22:1779-88. 2013..Here we show that two well-known stem cell factors, Foxd3 and Sox2, are critical regulators of the stem cell properties of SKPs...
- Neural crest and Schwann cell progenitor-derived melanocytes are two spatially segregated populations similarly regulated by Foxd3Erez Nitzan
Department of Medical Neurobiology, IMRIC and ELSC, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:12709-14. 2013..Furthermore, although both populations are initially part of the Foxd3 lineage, hypaxial melanocytes lose Foxd3 at late stages upon separation from the nerve, whereas we recently found ..
- Advancements and challenges in generating accurate animal models of gestational diabetes mellitusRaymond C Pasek
Tennessee Valley Healthcare System, Department of Veteran Affairs, Nashville, Tennessee
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 305:E1327-38. 2013..Continued development of animal models of GDM is essential for understanding the consequences of this disease as well as providing insights into potential treatments and preventative measures. ..
- Grb2 is regulated by foxd3 and has roles in preventing accumulation and aggregation of mutant huntingtinShounak Baksi
Structural Genomics Division, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata, India
PLoS ONE 8:e76792. 2013..Grb2 overexpression was predominantly regulated by the transcription factor Forkhead Box D3 (Foxd3). Exogenous expression of Grb2 also reduced aggregation of mutant Htt in Neuro2A cells...
- Transcriptional targets of Foxd3 in murine ES cellsJennifer L Plank
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA Center for Stem Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA Electronic address
Stem Cell Res 12:233-40. 2014..The transcription factor Foxd3 is critical for maintenance of self-renewal, survival, and pluripotency in murine embryonic stem cells (ESCs)...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor coordinates islet innervation via vascular scaffoldingRachel B Reinert
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Development 141:1480-91. 2014....
- Homeobox b5 (Hoxb5) regulates the expression of Forkhead box D3 gene (Foxd3) in neural crestMandy Ka Man Kam
Department of Surgery, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, 21 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 55:144-52. 2014..Current study showed that both the human and mouse Foxd3 promoters were bound and trans-activated by Hoxb5 in NC-derived neuroblastoma cells...
- Foxd3 suppresses NFAT-mediated differentiation to maintain self-renewal of embryonic stem cellsLili Zhu
Key Laboratory of Stem Cell Biology, Institute of Health Sciences, Shanghai Institutes of Biological Sciences Chinese Academy of Sciences Shanghai JiaoTong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
EMBO Rep 15:1286-96. 2014Pluripotency-associated transcription factor Foxd3 is required for maintaining pluripotent cells. However, molecular mechanisms underlying its function are largely unknown...
- Meis2 is essential for cranial and cardiac neural crest developmentOndrej Machon
Institute of Molecular Genetics, The Czech Academy of Sciences, 14200, Praha, Czech Republic
BMC Dev Biol 15:40. 2015..We have generated a conditional allele of Meis2 in mice and shown that systemic inactivation of the Meis2 gene results in lethality by the embryonic day 14 that is accompanied with hemorrhaging...
- FOXD3 Regulates Pluripotent Stem Cell Potential by Simultaneously Initiating and Repressing Enhancer ActivityRaga Krishnakumar
The Eli and Edythe Broad Center of Regeneration Medicine and Stem Cell Research, Center for Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Cell Stem Cell 18:104-17. 2016..during differentiation of embryonic stem to epiblast cells and uncovered the forkhead transcription factor FOXD3 as a major regulator of the developmental potential of both pluripotent states...
- Foxd3 Promotes Exit from Naive Pluripotency through Enhancer Decommissioning and Inhibits Germline SpecificationPatricia Respuela
Center for Molecular Medicine Cologne, University of Cologne, Robert Koch Strasse 21, 50931 Cologne, Germany
Cell Stem Cell 18:118-33. 2016..regulatory principles orchestrating peri-implantation development, here we show that the transcription factor Foxd3 is necessary for exit from naive pluripotency and progression to a primed pluripotent state...
- A direct role for murine Cdx proteins in the trunk neural crest gene regulatory networkOraly Sanchez-Ferras
Molecular Genetics of Development Laboratory, Department of Biological Sciences and BioMed Research Center, University of Quebec at Montreal UQAM, Montreal H2X 3Y7, Canada
Development 143:1363-74. 2016..at least in part, directly controlling the expression of the key early regulators of NC ontogenesis Pax3,Msx1 and Foxd3 Our work thus reveals a novel role for Cdx proteins at the top of the trunk NC gene regulatory network in the ..
- An FGF3-BMP Signaling Axis Regulates Caudal Neural Tube Closure, Neural Crest Specification and Anterior-Posterior Axis ExtensionMatthew J Anderson
Genetics of Vertebrate Development Section, Cancer and Developmental Biology Lab, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Genet 12:e1006018. 2016..Uncovering this FGF3-BMP signaling axis is a major advance toward understanding how these tissue layers interact during axis extension with important implications in human disease. ..
- Tcf7l1 protects the anterior neural fold from adopting the neural crest fateJan Masek
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Science of the Czech Republic, Prague 142 20, Czech Republic
Development 143:2206-16. 2016..This reduces the developing prosencephalon without affecting the anterior-posterior neural character. Thus, Tcf7l1 defines the border between the NC and the prospective forebrain via restriction of the Wnt/β-catenin signaling gradient. ..
- FOXD3 suppresses tumor growth and angiogenesis in non-small cell lung cancerJun Hai Yan
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Luwan Branch of Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 20020, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 466:111-6. 2015The transcription factor forkhead box D3 (FOXD3), widely studied as a transcriptional repressor in embryogenesis, participates in the carcinogenesis of many cancers...
- Characterization of the Gbx1-/- mouse mutant: a requirement for Gbx1 in normal locomotion and sensorimotor circuit developmentDesire M Buckley
Division of Biological Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e56214. 2013..The generation of this null allele has enabled us to functionally characterize a novel role for Gbx1 in development of the spinal cord...
- Cardiovascular defects in a mouse model of HOXA1 syndromeNadja Makki
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5331, USA
Hum Mol Genet 21:26-31. 2012..Thus, our data allow us to suggest a model in which Hoxa1 regulates heart development through its influence on cardiac NCCs, providing insight into the mechanisms underlying the human disease...
- Loss of Foxd3 results in decreased β-cell proliferation and glucose intolerance during pregnancyJennifer L Plank
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0494, USA
Endocrinology 152:4589-600. 2011..The transcription factor Forkhead box D3 (Foxd3) is required for maintenance and self-renewal of several diverse progenitor cell lineages, and Foxd3 is expressed ..
- Sox2 and Mitf cross-regulatory interactions consolidate progenitor and melanocyte lineages in the cranial neural crestIgor Adameyko
Unit of Molecular Neurobiology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institute, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
Development 139:397-410. 2012....
- Enteric nervous system specific deletion of Foxd3 disrupts glial cell differentiation and activates compensatory enteric progenitorsNathan A Mundell
Center for Stem Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Dev Biol 363:373-87. 2012..Our earlier work demonstrated that the transcription factor Foxd3 is required early in neural crest-derived progenitors for self-renewal, multipotency and establishment of multiple ..
- Helicobacter pylori causes epigenetic dysregulation of FOXD3 to promote gastric carcinogenesisAlfred S L Cheng
Institute of Digestive Disease, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Gastroenterology 144:122-133.e9. 2013..Promoter hypermethylation occurs during Helicobacter pylori-induced gastritis. We investigated whether the deregulated genes contribute to gastric tumorigenesis...
- Interaction between DMRT1 function and genetic background modulates signaling and pluripotency to control tumor susceptibility in the fetal germ lineAnthony D Krentz
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology, and Development, Developmental Biology Center, and Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota, 6 160 Jackson Laboratory, 321 Church St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Dev Biol 377:67-78. 2013..Given the strong evidence for involvement of DMRT1 in human TGCT, the downstream genes and pathways identified in this study provide potentially useful candidates for roles in the human disease...
- Renshaw cell interneuron specialization is controlled by a temporally restricted transcription factor programFloor J Stam
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 North Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Development 139:179-90. 2012..The development of RCs is additionally dependent on the forkhead transcription factor Foxd3, which is more broadly expressed in postmitotic V1 interneurons...
- A dynamic code of dorsal neural tube genes regulates the segregation between neurogenic and melanogenic neural crest cellsErez Nitzan
Department of Medical Neurobiology, IMRIC and ELSC, Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, PO Box 12272, Israel
Development 140:2269-79. 2013..Analysis of progenitors expressing a Foxd3 reporter reveals that prospective melanoblasts downregulate Foxd3 and have already segregated from neural lineages ..
- Neural crest stem cell multipotency requires Foxd3 to maintain neural potential and repress mesenchymal fatesNathan A Mundell
Center for Stem Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 0494, USA
Development 138:641-52. 2011..Our earlier work demonstrated that Foxd3 is required for maintenance of NC progenitors in the embryo...
- Functional interaction between Foxd3 and Pax3 in cardiac neural crest developmentBrian L Nelms
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Center for Stem Cell Biology, Program in Developmental Biology, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Genesis 49:10-23. 2011The transcription factors Foxd3 and Pax3 are important early regulators of neural crest (NC) progenitor cell properties...
- Disrupted dorsal neural tube BMP signaling in the cilia mutant Arl13b hnn stems from abnormal Shh signalingVanessa L Horner
Department of Human Genetics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Dev Biol 355:43-54. 2011..We demonstrate that Arl13b is required non-autonomously for BMP signaling and Wnt ligand expression, indicating that the abnormal Shh signaling environment in Arl13b(hnn) embryos indirectly causes dorsal defects...
- The microenvironment patterns the pluripotent mouse epiblast through paracrine Furin and Pace4 proteolytic activitiesDaniel Mesnard
Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne EPFL SV ISREC, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Genes Dev 25:1871-80. 2011..Adding cell-cell communication to the pleiotropic portfolio of these proteases provides a new framework to study proprotein processing also in other relevant contexts...
- Influence and timing of arrival of murine neural crest on pancreatic beta cell development and maturationJennifer L Plank
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Dev Biol 349:321-30. 2011..Using a neural crest-specific deletion of the Forkhead transcription factor Foxd3, we ablated neural crest cells that migrate to the pancreatic primordium...
- Ventral migration of early-born neurons requires Dcc and is essential for the projections of primary afferents in the spinal cordYu Qiang Ding
Department of Anesthesiology, School of Medicine, Washington University Pain Center, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 132:2047-56. 2005....
- Members of the HNF-3/forkhead family of transcription factors exhibit distinct cellular expression patterns in lung and regulate the surfactant protein B promoterD E Clevidence
Department of Biochemistry M C 536, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago 60612 7334
Dev Biol 166:195-209. 1994..Our results suggest that SPB promoter activity is regulated by HNF-3 alpha and HFH-8 proteins in a cell type-specific manner...
- Genesis, a winged helix transcriptional repressor with expression restricted to embryonic stem cellsJ Sutton
Division of Hematology Oncology and the Walther Oncology Center, IB 442, Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 5121, USA
J Biol Chem 271:23126-33. 1996A novel member of the winged helix (formerly HNF-3/Forkhead) transcriptional regulatory family, termed Genesis, was isolated and characterized...
- Forced expression of Genesis, a winged helix transcriptional repressor isolated from embryonic stem cells, blocks granulocytic differentiation of 32D myeloid cellsD Xu
Division of Hematology Oncology and the Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis 46202 5121, USA
Leukemia 12:207-12. 1998..a novel member of the winged helix (formerly HNF-3/Forkhead) transcriptional regulatory family, termed Genesis. Genesis was found to be a transcriptional repressor expressed almost exclusively in embryonic stem cells or ..
- The winged helix transcription factor Hfh2 is expressed in neural crest and spinal cord during mouse developmentP A Labosky
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 36th and Hamilton Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6058, USA
Mech Dev 76:185-90. 1998..Here we demonstrate that Hfh2 (HNF3 forkhead homologue 2), a member of the 'winged helix' or 'forkhead' transcription factor gene family, is ..
- Developmental competence of the gut endoderm: genetic potentiation by GATA and HNF3/fork head proteinsK Zaret
Department of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, and Biochemistry, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
Dev Biol 209:1-10. 1999..The mechanistic implications of genetic potentiation and its general significance are discussed...
- Neurogenin1 and neurogenin2 control two distinct waves of neurogenesis in developing dorsal root gangliaQ Ma
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Genes Dev 13:1717-28. 1999..These data reveal remarkable parallels in the roles of bHLH factors during neurogenesis in the DRG, and myogenesis in the neighboring myotome...
- Lbx1 specifies somatosensory association interneurons in the dorsal spinal cordMichael K Gross
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, The Salk Institute, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Neuron 34:535-49. 2002..Lbx1, therefore, plays a critical role in the development of sensory pathways in the spinal cord that relay pain and touch...
- Requirement for Foxd3 in maintaining pluripotent cells of the early mouse embryoLynn A Hanna
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6058, USA
Genes Dev 16:2650-61. 2002..Here, we report that Foxd3, a member of the forkhead family of transcriptional regulators, is required for maintenance of embryonic cells of ..
- An amphioxus winged helix/forkhead gene, AmphiFoxD: insights into vertebrate neural crest evolutionJr Kai Yu
Marine Biology Research Division, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0202, USA
Dev Dyn 225:289-97. 2002..Phylogenetic analysis indicates that the AmphiFoxD is basal to vertebrate FoxD1, FoxD2, FoxD3, FoxD4, and FoxD5. One of these vertebrate genes (FoxD3) consistently marks neural crest during development...
- Zic2 is required for neural crest formation and hindbrain patterning during mouse developmentPaul Elms
Laboratory of Early Development, Mammalian Genetics Unit, MRC, Harwell, Oxfordshire, OX11 ORD, UK
Dev Biol 264:391-406. 2003..This work provides the first genetic evidence that the Zic genes are involved in neural crest production and the first demonstration that Zic2 functions during hindbrain patterning...
- Cardiac outflow tract defects in mice lacking ALK2 in neural crest cellsVesa Kaartinen
Developmental Biology Program, The Saban Research Institute of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Departments of Pathology and Surgery, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Development 131:3481-90. 2004..Thus, the type I BMP receptor ALK2 plays an essential cell-autonomous role in the development of the cardiac outflow tract and aortic arch derivatives...
- FoxJ3, a novel mammalian forkhead gene expressed in neuroectoderm, neural crest, and myotomeHenrik Landgren
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Dev Dyn 231:396-401. 2004..Developing limbs have a complex pattern of Foxj3 expression that at E12.5 colocalizes with the condensed mesenchyme of the skeletal primordia...
- The bHLH factor Olig3 coordinates the specification of dorsal neurons in the spinal cordThomas Muller
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, 13122 Berlin, Germany
Genes Dev 19:733-43. 2005..We conclude that Olig3 expression distinguishes the two major classes of progenitors in the dorsal spinal cord and determines the distinct specification program of class A neurons...
- Two Notch ligands, Dll1 and Jag1, are differently restricted in their range of action to control neurogenesis in the mammalian spinal cordCatarina Ramos
Faculdade de Medicina de Lisboa, Instituto de Medicina Molecular, Lisboa, Portugal
PLoS ONE 5:e15515. 2010..However, the specific contribution of different ligands to regulate neurogenesis in vertebrate embryos is still poorly understood...
- Gsh2 is required for the repression of Ngn1 and specification of dorsal interneuron fate in the spinal cordSonja Kriks
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Development 132:2991-3002. 2005..Our results provide evidence that genetic interactions involving repression of Ngn1 by Gsh2 promote the differentiation of dI3 neurons from class A progenitors...
- Foxd3 is required in the trophoblast progenitor cell lineage of the mouse embryoDennie M Tompers
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6058, USA
Dev Biol 285:126-37. 2005..The transcriptional repressor Foxd3 is required for maintenance of the epiblast and the in vitro establishment of embryonic stem cell lines...
- V1 spinal neurons regulate the speed of vertebrate locomotor outputsSimon Gosgnach
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 440:215-9. 2006....
- Expression and shifting subcellular localization of the transcription factor, Foxd3, in embryonic and adult pancreasHemashi K Perera
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6058, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 6:971-7. 2006..b>Foxd3, a member of the forkhead family of transcriptional regulators, is required for the maintenance of embryonic stem ..
- Bmp and Wnt/beta-catenin signals control expression of the transcription factor Olig3 and the specification of spinal cord neuronsDietmar Zechner
Max Delbrück Center of Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Dev Biol 303:181-90. 2007..We conclude that Wnt/beta-catenin and BMP signals coordinately control the specification of dorsal neurons in the spinal cord...
- Lack of the murine homeobox gene Hesx1 leads to a posterior transformation of the anterior forebrainCynthia L Andoniadou
Neural Development Unit, UCL Institute of Child Health, 30 Guilford Street, WC1N 1EH, London, UK
Development 134:1499-508. 2007..However, conditional expression of Hesx1 within the AFB can rescue the forebrain defects observed in the Hesx1 mutants. The results presented here provide new insights into the function of Hesx1 in forebrain formation...
- Requirement for Foxd3 in the maintenance of neural crest progenitorsLu Teng
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6058, USA
Development 135:1615-24. 2008..b>Foxd3 is required early in mouse embryogenesis; Foxd3(-/-) embryos fail around the time of implantation, cells of the ..
- Regulation of embryonic stem cell self-renewal and pluripotency by Foxd3Ying Liu
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Center for Stem Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0494, USA
Stem Cells 26:2475-84. 2008The Foxd3 forkhead transcription factor is required for maintaining pluripotent cells in the early mouse embryo and for the establishment of murine embryonic stem cell (ESC) lines...
- The bHLH transcription factor Olig3 marks the dorsal neuroepithelium of the hindbrain and is essential for the development of brainstem nucleiRobert Storm
Max Delbrück Centrum for Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Development 136:295-305. 2009..Climbing fiber neurons of the inferior olivary nucleus express Foxd3 and require Olig3 as well as Ptf1a for the determination of their fate...
- Identification and subclassification of new Atoh1 derived cell populations during mouse spinal cord developmentGeorge R Miesegaes
Program in Cell and Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Dev Biol 327:339-51. 2009..Altogether we reveal the existence of multiple Atoh1 dependent cell types in the spinal cord, and uncover a novel progenitor domain that arises late in development...
- Epigenetic priming of a pre-B cell-specific enhancer through binding of Sox2 and Foxd3 at the ESC stageDaniel Liber
MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, Hammersmith Campus, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, UK
Cell Stem Cell 7:114-26. 2010..Binding of Foxd3 suppresses intergenic transcription of the enhancer and surrounding sequences...
- Fibronectin and integrin alpha 5 play essential roles in the development of the cardiac neural crestAshok Mittal
Weill Cornell Medical College, Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, New York, NY, USA
Mech Dev 127:472-84. 2010..However, we found that FN and integrin α5 modulate CNC proliferation and survival, and are required for the presence of normal numbers of CNC cells at their destinations...
- Imaging proprotein convertase activities and their regulation in the implanting mouse blastocystDaniel Mesnard
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne, School of Life Sciences, Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Cell Biol 191:129-39. 2010..The unprecedented sensitivity and spatial resolution of CLIP opens exciting new possibilities to elucidate PC functions in vivo...
- Identification of nine tissue-specific transcription factors of the hepatocyte nuclear factor 3/forkhead DNA-binding-domain familyD E Clevidence
Department of Biochemistry M C 536, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago 60612
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:3948-52. 1993..The HNF-3/fkh motif therefore comprises a large gene family of transcription factors that play a role in tissue-specific gene regulation and development...
- Signaling through BMP type 1 receptors is required for development of interneuron cell types in the dorsal spinal cordLara Wine-Lee
Mammalian Neurogenetics Group, Center for Childhood Communication, 712 Abramsom Research Center, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th and Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Development 131:5393-403. 2004..These results provide genetic evidence that BMP signaling is crucial for the development of dorsal neuronal cell types...
- Functional Analysis of Spinal Cord InterneuronsMartyn Goulding; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will provide valuable insights into the development and organization of circuits in the spinal cord that control locomotor behavior, and will lay the groundwork for strategies to treat spinal cord injury and degeneration. ..
- Specification of Dorsal Lbx1-Derived InterneuronsMartyn Goulding; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide important insights into the development and organization of neural circuits in the dorsal horn that sense and relay pain. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neural crest formation and maintenance of multipotencyPatricia Labosky; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have identified a transcription factor, Foxd3 that is sufficient to specify neural crest...