Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gjc1
Description: gap junction protein, gamma 1
Alias: C130009G16Rik, Cnx45, Cx45, Gja-7, Gja7, gap junction gamma-1 protein, connexin-45, gap junction alpha-7 protein, gap junction membrane channel protein alpha 7
- A novel type of interplexiform amacrine cell in the mouse retinaKarin Dedek
Department of Neurobiology, University of Oldenburg, Oldenburg, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 30:217-28. 2009..A new type of interplexiform ON amacrine cell is described, which is strongly coupled and uses GABA but not dopamine as its neurotransmitter...
- Spatiotemporal transcription of connexin45 during brain development results in neuronal expression in adult miceS Maxeiner
Institut fur Genetik, Abteilung fur Molekulargenetik, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat Bonn, Romerstrasse 164, D 53117, Bonn, Germany
Neuroscience 119:689-700. 2003....
- An update on connexin genes and their nomenclature in mouse and manGoran Sohl
Institut fur Genetik, Universitat Bonn, Germany
Cell Commun Adhes 10:173-80. 2003..Furthermore, this short review contains an update on phenotypic correlations between connexin deficient mice and patients bearing mutations in their orthologous connexin genes...
- Mice lacking connexin45 conditionally in cardiac myocytes display embryonic lethality similar to that of germline knockout mice without endocardial cushion defectKiyomasa Nishii
Department of Developmental Molecular Anatomy, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Cell Commun Adhes 10:365-9. 2003The gap junction protein connexin45-deficient (Cx45-KO) mice die shortly after the hearts begin to beat...
- Deletion of connexin45 in mouse retinal neurons disrupts the rod/cone signaling pathway between AII amacrine and ON cone bipolar cells and leads to impaired visual transmissionStephan Maxeiner
Institute for Genetics, Division of Molecular Genetics, University of Bonn, 53117 Bonn, Germany
J Neurosci 25:566-76. 2005Connexin45 (Cx45) is known to be expressed in the retina, but its functional analysis was problematic because general deletion of Cx45 coding DNA resulted in cardiovascular defects and embryonic lethality at embryonic day 10.5...
- Connexin45 mediates gap junctional coupling of bistratified ganglion cells in the mouse retinaTimm Schubert
Institute of Biology, University of Oldenburg, D 26111 Oldenburg, Germany
J Comp Neurol 490:29-39. 2005..Connexin45 (Cx45) appears to be the major component of the gap junctional channels because tracer coupling is absent in Cx45-..
- Spatiotemporal distribution of Connexin45 in the olivocerebellar systemRuben S Van Der Giessen
Department of Neuroscience, Erasmus MC, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Comp Neurol 495:173-84. 2006..These morphological data suggest that Connexin45 may play a modifying role in widely distributed, coupled neurons of the olivocerebellar system, but that it is not essential for the creation of its neuronal gap junctions...
- Connexin45 is expressed in the juxtaglomerular apparatus and is involved in the regulation of renin secretion and blood pressureFiona Hanner
Department of Physiology, Zilkha Neurogenetic Institute, University of Southern California, 1501 San Pablo St, ZNI 335, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 295:R371-80. 2008..have identified several connexin isoforms in the juxtaglomerular apparatus (JGA), but the vascular connexin isoform Cx45 has not yet been studied in this region...
- Connexin45-containing neuronal gap junctions in rodent retina also contain connexin36 in both apposing hemiplaques, forming bihomotypic gap junctions, with scaffolding contributed by zonula occludens-1Xinbo Li
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
J Neurosci 28:9769-89. 2008..particularly in the inner plexiform layer (IPL), where the two principal neuronal connexin proteins are Cx36 and Cx45. Currently undetermined are coupling relationships between these connexins and whether both are expressed together ..
- Connexin expression in renin-producing cellsLisa Kurtz
Institute of Physiology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 20:506-12. 2009..development, the appearance of renin-producing cells paralleled the expression of Cx40 and, to a lesser extent, Cx45 but not other Cxs...
- Substitution of connexin40 with connexin45 prevents hyperreninemia and attenuates hypertensionFrank Schweda
Institute of Physiology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Kidney Int 75:482-9. 2009..properties of Cx40, we measured renin release in mice where the coding sequence for Cx40 was replaced by that for Cx45, using the knock-in method...
- C-terminal tagging with eGFP yields new insights into expression of connexin45 but prevents rescue of embryonic lethal connexin45-deficient miceJulia von Maltzahn
Institute of Genetics, Division of Molecular Genetics, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 88:481-94. 2009Connexin45 (Cx45) is a member of the connexin family which can form gap junction channels and is known to be expressed in several cell types in the embryonic as well as adult mouse including working cardiomyocytes and certain types of ..
- Defective vascular development in connexin 45-deficient miceO Kruger
Institut fur Genetik, Abt Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, Germany
Development 127:4179-93. 2000In order to reveal the biological function(s) of the gap-junction protein connexin 45 (Cx45), we generated Cx45-deficient mice with targeted replacement of the Cx45-coding region with the lacZ reporter gene...
- Electrical conductance of mouse connexin45 gap junction channels is modulated by phosphorylationT A van Veen
University Medical Center Utrecht, Department of Medical Physiology, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Res 46:496-510. 2000In this study we report about the modulation of connexin45 (Cx45) gap junction channel properties by phosphorylation of the connexin molecules through different protein kinases...
- Loss of connexin45 causes a cushion defect in early cardiogenesisM Kumai
Department of Developmental Molecular Anatomy, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Development 127:3501-12. 2000..These results indicate a requirement for gap junction channels during early cardiogenesis and hence implicate connexin45 in congenital heart diseases. http://www. biologists.com/Development/movies/dev4369.html..
- Deletion of connexin45 in mouse neurons disrupts one-trial object recognition and alters kainate-induced gamma-oscillations in the hippocampusA Zlomuzica
Institute of Experimental Psychology, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Universitatsstr 1, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Physiol Behav 101:245-53. 2010..Novel object recognition after delays of up to 60min was impaired in neuronal Cx45 deficient mice. However, object-place recognition was not significantly different from controls...
- Subcellular distribution of connexin45 in OFF bipolar cells of the mouse retinaGerrit Hilgen
Department of Neurobiology, University of Oldenburg, Germany
J Comp Neurol 519:433-50. 2011In the mouse retina, connexin45 (Cx45) participates in the gap junction between ON cone bipolar cells and AII amacrine cells, which constitutes an essential element of the primary rod pathway...
- Reciprocal expression of connexin 40 and 45 during phenotypical changes in renin-secreting cellsBirguel Kurt
Institute of Physiology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 300:F743-8. 2011..This study was designed to determine the relevance of the vascular gap junction protein connexin 45 (Cx45) for the control of renin expression and secretion...
- Immunochemical characterization of the gap junction protein connexin45 in mouse kidney and transfected human HeLa cellsA Butterweck
Institut für Genetik Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat, Bonn, Germany
J Membr Biol 141:247-56. 1994Antibodies to the gap junction protein connexin45 (Cx45) were obtained by immunizing rabbits with fusion protein consisting of glutathione S-transferase and 138 carboxy-terminal amino acids of mouse Cx45...
- Differential expression of the gap junction proteins connexin45, -43, -40, -31, and -26 in mouse skinA Butterweck
Abt Molekulargenetik der Universität, Bonn Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 65:152-63. 1994..For this purpose, polyclonal antibodies to Cx31 and Cx45 were raised by immunizing rabbits with fusion proteins of glutathione S-transferase and carboxy-terminal peptides ..
- Molecular cloning of mouse connexins26 and -32: similar genomic organization but distinct promoter sequences of two gap junction genesH Hennemann
Institut für Genetik Abt Molekulargenetik, Universität Bonn Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 58:81-9. 1992..Cx26 mRNA is much more abundant in adult mouse skin than in adult kidney and liver where Cx32 transcripts are relatively strongly expressed...
- Connexin45 contributes to global cardiovascular development by establishing myocardial impulse propagationKiyomasa Nishii
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, National Defense Medical College, 3 2 Namiki, Tokorozawa, Saitama 359 8513, Japan Electronic address
Mech Dev 140:41-52. 2016..Here, we examined mouse embryos with a region-specific deletion of Cx45 in the myocardium (CA-Cre; Cx45(flox/flox)) or endothelium (Tie2-Cre; Cx45(flox/flox))...
- Connexin 30 is expressed in the mouse sino-atrial node and modulates heart rateDaniel Gros
Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille Luminy, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Cardiovasc Res 85:45-55. 2010..This study aimed at characterizing expression and the functional role of the Gjb6 gene, encoding for connexin 30 (Cx30) protein, in the adult mouse heart...
- Localization of neurones expressing the gap junction protein Connexin45 within the adult spinal dorsal horn: a study using Cx45-eGFP reporter miceR J Chapman
Institute for Membrane and Systems Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Brain Struct Funct 218:751-65. 2013..In this study, a Cx45 reporter mouse model in which the Cx45 coding sequence is substituted for enhanced green fluorescent protein (eGFP) ..
- Connexin45 modulates the proliferation of transit-amplifying precursor cells in the mouse subventricular zoneKonstantin Khodosevich
Department of Clinical Neurobiology, University Hospital and German Cancer Research Center, DKFZ, Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:20107-12. 2012..Thus, overexpression of Cx45 by retroviral injections increased the proliferation of Mash-1-positive transit-amplifying precursor cells in the ..
- Linoleic acid induces opening of connexin26 hemichannels through a PI3K/Akt/Ca(2+)-dependent pathwayVania Figueroa
Departamento de Fisiologia, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Biochim Biophys Acta 1828:1169-79. 2013..Since LA is an essential polyunsaturated fatty acid, its effect on HCs might be relevant to cell growth as well as to cellular functions of differentiated cells such as audition...
- Fast structural responses of gap junction membrane domains to AB5 toxinsIrina V Majoul
Institute of Biology, Center for Structural and Cell Biology in Medicine, University of Lubeck, 23562 Lübeck, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E4125-33. 2013..Our data demonstrate very fast dynamics (in the millisecond-to-second range) within GJ plaques, which previously were considered to be relatively stable, long-lived structures...
- Characterization of the connexin45 carboxyl-terminal domain structure and interactions with molecular partnersJennifer L Kopanic
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska
Biophys J 106:2184-95. 2014..For example, Cx45 is predominately expressed in the specialized myocytes of the impulse generation and conduction system...
- Gap junction-mediated death of retinal neurons is connexin and insult specific: a potential target for neuroprotectionAbram Akopian
Department of Biological and Vision Sciences, State University of New York College of Optometry, New York, New York 10036, Department of Physiology and Neuroscience, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016
J Neurosci 34:10582-91. 2014..deletion of the GJ subunit Cx36 increased cell survivability by ∼50% under excitotoxic condition, cell loss in Cx45 knock-out mouse retinas was similar to that seen in wild-type mice...
- Connexin45 is expressed in vascular smooth muscle but its function remains elusiveVolker J Schmidt
Institut fur Physiologie, Universitat zu Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e42287. 2012..In contrast, expression and physiological functions of Cx45 is unclear although its expression has been suggested in vascular smooth muscle (VSM)...
- Functional properties of mouse connexin30.2 expressed in the conduction system of the heartMaria M Kreuzberg
Institut fur Genetik, Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, Germany
Circ Res 96:1169-77. 2005Gap junction channels composed of connexin (Cx) 40, Cx43, and Cx45 proteins are known to be necessary for impulse propagation through the heart. Here, we report mouse connexin30.2 (mCx30...
- Delayed osteoblastic differentiation and bone development in Cx43 knockout miceLucas Martins Chaible
Department of Pathology, School of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Toxicol Pathol 39:1046-55. 2011..associated with bone development, namely, osteocalcin, osteopontin, alkaline phosphatase, RUNX2, GJA1, GJC1 (Cx45), and GJA3 (Cx46)...
- Residual Cx45 and its relationship to Cx43 in murine ventricular myocardiumMingwei Bao
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Channels (Austin) 5:489-99. 2011..known about expression patterns and remodeling of cardiac connexin(Cx)43, little is known about the less abundant Cx45, which is required for embryonic development and viability, is downregulated in adult hearts, and is ..
- Prostaglandin E₂ maintains mouse ESC undifferentiated state through regulation of connexin31, connexin43 and connexin45 expression: involvement of glycogen synthase kinase 3β/β-cateninSeung Pil Yun
Department of Veterinary Physiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Republic of Korea
Biol Cell 104:378-96. 2012..Therefore, we investigated the role of PGE₂ on Cx isoforms and maintenance of mouse ESC undifferentiated state...
- Connexin45 provides optimal atrioventricular nodal conduction in the adult mouse heartMarina Frank
LIMES Institute, Molecular Genetics, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Circ Res 111:1528-38. 2012..In the adult hearts of mice and humans, the expression mainly is restricted to the cardiac conduction system. Cx45 plays an essential role for development and function of the embryonic heart because general and cardiomyocyte-..
- Connexins and steroidogenesis in mouse Leydig cellsDan Li
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Western Ontario, London, ON N6A 5C1, Canada
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 91:157-64. 2013..It was concluded that connexin36, connexin43, and connexin45 are coexpressed in Leydig cells with connexins 36 and 43 contributing to gap junctions. The role of connexin45 remains to be elucidated...
- Coexpression of connexin 45 with connexin 43 decreases gap junction sizeKatharina Grikscheit
Department of Cardiac Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, London, United Kingdom
Cell Commun Adhes 15:185-93. 2008In the human heart, ventricular myocytes express connexin 43 (Cx43) and traces of Cx45. In congestive heart failure, Cx43 levels decrease, Cx45 levels increase and gap junction size decreases...
- The mouse gap junction gene connexin29 is highly expressed in sciatic nerve and regulated during brain developmentG Sohl
Institut fur Genetik, Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, Germany
Biol Chem 382:973-8. 2001..Our expression data suggest that the new connexin gene is active in myelin-forming glial cells...
- The role of neuronal connexins 36 and 45 in shaping spontaneous firing patterns in the developing retinaAaron G Blankenship
Neurosciences Graduate Program, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
J Neurosci 31:9998-10008. 2011..During development, two connexin isoforms, connexin 36 (Cx36) and Cx45, are expressed in bipolar cells and RGCs, and therefore provide a potential substrate for coordinating network ..
- Novel cell lines promote the discovery of genes involved in early heart developmentE W Brunskill
Division of Developmental Biology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3300, USA
Dev Biol 235:507-20. 2001..The results show that the 1H and ECL-2 cell lines can be used to discover novel genes expressed in the early cardiomyocyte...
- Coxsackievirus and adenovirus receptor (CAR) mediates atrioventricular-node function and connexin 45 localization in the murine heartByung Kwan Lim
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, Division of Cardiology, La Jolla, California 92093 0613, USA
J Clin Invest 118:2758-70. 2008..In the cardiac-specific CAR-KO (CAR-cKO) mouse, we observed the loss of connexin 45 localization to the cell-cell junctions of the AV node but preservation of connexin 40 and 43 in contracting ..
- Connexin45 directly binds to ZO-1 and localizes to the tight junction region in epithelial MDCK cellsP J Kausalya
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Epithelial Cell Biology Laboratory, Singapore
FEBS Lett 505:92-6. 2001..b>Cx45 interacts with the PDZ domains of ZO-1 and ZO-3, but not ZO-2, via a short C-terminal PDZ binding motif (SVWI)...
- Targeted deletion of Dicer in the heart leads to dilated cardiomyopathy and heart failureJian Fu Chen
Carolina Cardiovascular Biology Center, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:2111-6. 2008..Together, our studies demonstrate essential roles for Dicer in cardiac contraction and indicate that miRNAs play critical roles in normal cardiac function and under pathological conditions...
- Null mutation of connexin43 causes slow propagation of ventricular activation in the late stages of mouse embryonic developmentD Vaidya
Department of Pharmacology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Circ Res 88:1196-202. 2001..3 [7.8 to 8.9], and Cx43(-/-) 1.7 [1.3 to 2.1; P<0.005]) corresponding with the downregulation of Cx40. Cx40 and Cx45 mRNAs were detectable in ventricular homogenates even at 17...
- Mouse connexin 45: genomic cloning and exon usageA Jacob
Department of Pediatrics, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637 1470, USA
DNA Cell Biol 20:11-9. 2001b>Connexin 45 is a gap junction protein that is prominent in early embryos and is widely expressed in many mature cell types. To elucidate its gene structure, expression, and regulation, we isolated mouse Cx45 genomic clones...
- Connexin expression in the retinaG Sohl
Institut fur Genetik, Abteilung fur Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, Germany
Brain Res Brain Res Rev 32:138-45. 2000..Cx36 and Cx45 immunoreactive signals were found in the inner and outer plexiform layer, both of which are known to show ..
- Gap junctional connexins in the developing mouse cardiac conduction systemL Miquerol
Laboratoire de Génétique at Physiologie du Développement CNRS UMR 6545, Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Novartis Found Symp 250:80-98; discussion 98-109, 276-9. 2003..In the adult mouse heart, Cx43 is expressed in all the working myocytes and most of the conductive myocytes; Cx45 is weakly expressed in all conductive myocytes, including those of the nodal tissues; Cx40 expression is restricted ..
- Connexins and impulse propagation in the mouse heartJ Jalife
Department of Pharmacology, SUNY Health Science Center, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 10:1649-63. 1999..Three gap junction proteins, known as connexins, are expressed in the heart: Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45. Each of these proteins forms channels with unique biophysical and electrophysiologic properties, as well as ..
- Consortin, a trans-Golgi network cargo receptor for the plasma membrane targeting and recycling of connexinsFrancisco J del Castillo
Unite de Genetique et Physiologie de l Audition, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 19:262-75. 2010..Sequence accession numbers. GenBank: Human CNST cDNA, NM_152609; mouse Cnst cDNA, NM_146105...
- Downregulation of connexin 45 gene products during mouse heart developmentS Alcolea
Laboratoire de Genetique et Physiologie du Developpement, Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille, CNRS INSERM AP Marseille Université de la Méditerranée, Campus de Luminy, Marseille
Circ Res 84:1365-79. 1999..Three members of this family have been demonstrated to be synthesized in the cardiomyocytes: Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45. In addition, each of them has been shown to form channels with unique and specific electrophysiological properties...
- Connexin expression and functional analysis of gap junctional communication in mouse embryonic stem cellsPhilipp Wörsdörfer
Division of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Genetics, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Stem Cells 26:431-9. 2008..purpose, we have analyzed all known connexin genes in mouse ES cells but found only three of them, Cx31, Cx43, and Cx45, to be expressed as proteins...
- Transplacental uptake of glucose is decreased in embryonic lethal connexin26-deficient miceH D Gabriel
Institut fur Genetik, Abt Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, 53117 Bonn, Germany
J Cell Biol 140:1453-61. 1998....
- Heart defects in connexin43-deficient miceJ Ya
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Circ Res 82:360-6. 1998....
- Expression of the gap junction proteins connexin31 and connexin43 correlates with communication compartments in extraembryonic tissues and in the gastrulating mouse embryo, respectivelyE Dahl
Abt Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, Germany
J Cell Sci 109:191-7. 1996..The communication boundary between those compartments may be due to incompatibility of connexin31 and connexin43 hemichannels, which do not communicate with each other in cell culture...
- Multiple members of the connexin gene family participate in preimplantation development of the mouseT C Davies
Department of Zoology, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Dev Genet 18:234-43. 1996..They can be divided into two groups with respect to the timing of mRNA accumulation: Cx31, Cx43, and Cx45 mRNAs accumulate continuously from the two- or four-cell stage, whereas Cx30.3, Cx31...
- Developmental regulation of connexin 40 gene expression in mouse heart correlates with the differentiation of the conduction systemB Delorme
Laboratoire de Genetique et Physiologie du Developpement, Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille, Faculte des Sciences de Luminy, Universite de la Mediterranee, France
Dev Dyn 204:358-71. 1995..e., CX37, CX43, and CX45, with a decreasing abundance as development proceeds...
- Chromosomal assignments of mouse connexin genes, coding for gap junctional proteins, by somatic cell hybridizationH J Schwarz
Institut fur Genetik, Abt Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, Germany
Somat Cell Mol Genet 18:351-9. 1992The connexin genes Cx31 and Cx45 coding for proteins of gap junctional subunits have been assigned to mouse chromosomes 4 and 11 by Southern blot hybridization of specific gene probes to DNA from mouse x Chinese hamster somatic cell ..
- Characterization of gap junction genes expressed in F9 embryonic carcinoma cells: molecular cloning of mouse connexin31 and -45 cDNAsH Hennemann
Institut für Genetik Abt Molekulargenetik der Universität, Bonn Deutschland
Eur J Cell Biol 57:51-8. 1992..Cx31 and Cx45 are coded for by single genes in the mouse genome...
- Interplay between cystic fibrosis transmembrane regulator and gap junction channels made of connexins 45, 40, 32 and 50 expressed in oocytesBasilio A Kotsias
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Rochester School of Medicine, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642 8711, USA
J Membr Biol 214:1-8. 2006..functional interaction between CFTR and gap junction channels, we coexpressed in Xenopus oocytes CFTR and either Cx45, Cx40, Cx32 or Cx50 and monitored junctional conductance (G (j)) and its sensitivity to transjunctional voltage (V (..
- Gap junctions in the inner ear: comparison of distribution patterns in different vertebrates and assessement of connexin composition in mammalsAndrew Forge
UCL Centre for Auditory Research and Institute of Laryngology and Otology, University College London, London WC1X 8EE, United Kingdom
J Comp Neurol 467:207-31. 2003..Heteromeric cx26/cx30 connexons may be unique to the inner ear, which could be one factor underlying the non-syndromic character of the deafness caused by mutations in cx26...
- Replacement of connexin40 by connexin45 in the mouse: impact on cardiac electrical conductionSébastien Alcoléa
Laboratoire de Genetique et Physiologie du Developpement, UMR CNRS 6545, Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Circ Res 94:100-9. 2004..Cx43, Cx40, and Cx45 are synthesized in the cardiomyocytes, and each of them has a unique cardiac expression pattern...
- Comparison of connexin expression patterns in the developing mouse heart and human foetal heartSteven R Coppen
Cardiac Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK
Mol Cell Biochem 242:121-7. 2003..The expression of the three major connexins (Cx43, Cx40 and Cx45) present in cardiac myocytes is known to be developmentally regulated but it is not clear how the patterns in the ..
- Sequence and structure of the mouse connexin45 geneD Baldridge
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, Barnes Jewish Hospital, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Biosci Rep 21:683-9. 2001The connexin45 (Cx45) gene was cloned from a mouse genomic Bacterial Artificial Chromosome library. Approximately 8.4 kb of the genomic DNA was sequenced, and the structure of the Cx45 gene was determined...
- Replacement by a lacZ reporter gene assigns mouse connexin36, 45 and 43 to distinct cell types in pancreatic isletsMartin Theis
Institut fur Genetik, Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, D 53117 Bonn, Germany
Exp Cell Res 294:18-29. 2004Transcripts of three connexin isoforms (Cx36, Cx43 and Cx45) have been reported in rodent pancreatic islets, but the precise distribution of the cognate proteins is still unknown...
- Cardiac connexins Cx43 and Cx45: formation of diverse gap junction channels with diverse electrical propertiesThomas Desplantez
Physiologisches Institut, Universitat Bern, Buhlplatz 5, 3012, Bern, Switzerland
Pflugers Arch 448:363-75. 2004HeLa cells expressing rat connexin43 (Cx43) and/or mouse Cx45 were studied with the dual voltage-clamp technique. Different types of cell pairs were established and their gap junction properties determined, i.e...
- An expression atlas of connexin genes in the mouseAnnalisa Buniello
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine, Via P Castellino 111, 80131 Naples, Italy
Genomics 83:812-20. 2004....
- Abnormal angiogenesis in Foxo1 (Fkhr)-deficient miceTatsuo Furuyama
Department of Molecular Genetics and Geriatric Research, National Institute for Longevity Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:34741-9. 2004..These results suggest that Foxo1 is essential to the ability of endothelial cells to respond properly to a high dose of VEGF, thereby playing a critical role in normal vascular development...
- mRNA expression pattern of multiple members of connexin gene family in normal and abnormal fetal gonads in mouseSubhash C Juneja
Department of Zoology, The University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 47:147-56. 2003..The mRNA expression pattern of connexins (Cx26, Cx30.3, Cx31, Cx31.1, Cx32, Cx37, Cx40, Cx43, Cx45, Cx46 and Cx50) was analyzed by RT-PCR...
- The novel mouse connexin39 gene is expressed in developing striated muscle fibersJulia von Maltzahn
Institut fur Genetik, Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, Römerstr 164, 53117 Bonn, Germany
J Cell Sci 117:5381-92. 2004..As expression of no other known connexin could be verified in these cells, intercellular dye transfer might result from functional expression of Cx39 in developing striated muscle fibers...
- Expression of connexins during differentiation and regeneration of skeletal muscle: functional relevance of connexin43Roberto Araya
Departamento de Fisiologia, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Cell Sci 118:27-37. 2005..Thus, the expression of Cx45 and Cx43 is upregulated during skeletal muscle regeneration and Cx43 is required for normal myogenesis in vitro and ..
- Comparison of connexin 43, 40 and 45 expression patterns in the developing human and mouse heartsR A Kaba
Cardiac Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
Cell Commun Adhes 8:339-43. 2001..In general, these dynamic changes of connexins 43, 40 and 45 during mouse cardiac development appear to be mirrored in the human...
- Variable promoter usage and alternative splicing in five mouse connexin genesCurtis L Anderson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Miami School of Medicine, P O Box 016129, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Genomics 85:238-44. 2005..5'-RACE analysis of mouse embryo cDNA targeting five candidate genes, Cx31, Cx40, Cx45, Cx46, and Cx47 (approved gene symbols Gjb3, Gja5, Gja7, Gja3, and Gja12, respectively), revealed the existence of ..
- Expression of connexins in embryonic mouse neocortical developmentCima Cina
Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6T 1Z3, Canada
J Comp Neurol 504:298-313. 2007..and immunohistochemistry, we found that among the family of gap junction proteins, Cx26, Cx36, Cx37, Cx43, and Cx45 were expressed in the developing cortex of mice, Cx30 and Cx32 were absent, while Cx40 was expressed at a very low ..
- Discs-large homolog 1 regulates smooth muscle orientation in the mouse ureterZhen X Mahoney
Department of Internal Medicine, Renal Division, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:19872-7. 2006..Our results suggest that (i) besides its well documented role in regulating epithelial polarity, Dlgh1 also regulates smooth muscle orientation, and (ii) human DLG1 mutations may contribute to hereditary forms of hydronephrosis...
- Cx31 and Cx43 double-deficient mice reveal independent functions in murine placental and skin developmentMark Kibschull
Institute of Anatomy, University Hospital Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Dev Dyn 233:853-63. 2005..Therefore, in epidermal and preimplantation development, gap junctional communication can probably be compensated by other isoforms coexpressed with Cx31 and Cx43...
- Different functional types of bipolar cells use different gap-junctional proteinsBin Lin
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Neurosci 25:6696-701. 2005..As reported previously (Maxeiner et al., 2005), Cx45 was found in some ON bipolar cells, but RT-PCR showed Cx36 and not Cx45 to be expressed by the type 357 bipolar ..
- Connexin45 interacts with zonula occludens-1 in osteoblastic cellsJ G Laing
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Cell Commun Adhes 8:209-12. 2001Connexin43 (Cx43) and Cx45 are co-expressed in a number of different tissues...
- Overexpression of cardiac connexin45 increases susceptibility to ventricular tachyarrhythmias in vivoTetsuo Betsuyaku
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Washington Univ School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Ave, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 290:H163-71. 2006..Recently, we showed that failing human hearts exhibit marked increases in connexin45 (Cx45) expression in addition to previously documented decreases in connexin43 (Cx43) expression...
- Dysregulation of connexins and inactivation of NFATc1 in the cardiovascular system of Nkx2-5 null mutantsLaurent Dupays
Laboratoire de Génétique et Physiologie du Développement UMR CNRS 6545, Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille, Universite de la Mediterranee, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
J Mol Cell Cardiol 38:787-98. 2005..due in part to the poor development of the ventricular trabecular network, as well as specific downregulation of Cx45 gene expression...
- Cardiac morphogenetic defects and conduction abnormalities in mice homozygously deficient for connexin40 and heterozygously deficient for connexin45Olaf Krüger
Institute of Genetics, Division of Molecular Genetics, University of Bonn, Roemerstr 164, 53117 Bonn, Germany
J Mol Cell Cardiol 41:787-97. 2006Connexin40 (Cx40) and connexin45 (Cx45) are involved in both cardiac morphogenesis and propagation of electrical activity...
- Localization of heterotypic gap junctions composed of connexin45 and connexin36 in the rod pathway of the mouse retinaKarin Dedek
Department of Neurobiology, University of Oldenburg, D 26111 Oldenburg, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 24:1675-86. 2006..Two gap junctional proteins, connexin36 (Cx36) and connexin45 (Cx45), appear to play a pivotal role in this pathway because lack of either protein leads to an impairment of visual ..
- Redistribution of connexin45 in gap junctions of connexin43-deficient heartsCarolyn M Johnson
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Cardiovasc Res 53:921-35. 2002Adult ventricular myocytes express two gap junction channel proteins: connexin43 (Cx43) and connexin45 (Cx45)...
- Injury of skeletal muscle and specific cytokines induce the expression of gap junction channels in mouse dendritic cellsLiliana A Corvalán
Departamento de Ciencias Fisiologicas, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Cell Physiol 211:649-60. 2007..Increased levels of connexin43 and connexin45 protein and mRNA accompanied the appearance of cellular coupling. These studies provide demonstration of connexin expression and regulation by specific danger signals in DCs...
- Heart and head defects in mice lacking pairs of connexinsAlexander M Simon
Department of Physiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Dev Biol 265:369-83. 2004..four are expressed in developing heart: connexin37 (Cx37), connexin40 (Cx40), connexin43 (Cx43), and connexin45 (Cx45)...
- Melanocyte-like cells in the heart and pulmonary veins contribute to atrial arrhythmia triggersMark D Levin
Penn Cardiovascular Institute and University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Clin Invest 119:3420-36. 2009..These data suggest that dysfunction of melanocyte-like cells in the atrium and pulmonary veins may contribute to atrial arrhythmias...
- Diverse functions of vertebrate gap junctionsA M Simon
Dept of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Trends Cell Biol 8:477-83. 1998....
- Expression of the connexin43- and connexin45-encoding genes in the developing and mature mouse inner earMartine Cohen-Salmon
Unité de Génétique des Déficits Sensoriels, INSERM U587, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Cedex 15, Paris, France
Cell Tissue Res 316:15-22. 2004..We took advantage of the lacZ reporter gene in Cx43 and Cx45 knock-out mice to study the expression of the connexin43 and connexin45 genes during the inner ear development...
- Expression of connexins 36, 43, and 45 during postnatal development of the mouse retinaAlexandre Hiroaki Kihara
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Neurobiol 66:1397-410. 2006..The present study was undertaken to determine the distribution pattern of Cx36, Cx43, and Cx45 by immunofluorescence, as well as their gene expression levels by quantitative PCR during postnatal development of ..
- Connexin45 (alpha 6) expression delineates an extended conduction system in the embryonic and mature rodent heartS R Coppen
National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College School of Medicine, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, England
Dev Genet 24:82-90. 1999We previously demonstrated that alpha 6 (Cx45), one of the three connexins of the mammalian myocardium, is preferentially expressed in the peripheral portion of the ventricular conduction system in rats and mice...
- Gap Junction Mediated Signaling and Vascular ResponsesAlexander M Simon; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, these studies could also lead to new approaches to control vasculogenesis and angiogenesis in other clinically important settings, such as anti-angiogenesis treatments designed to fight cancer. ..