Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gjc3
Description: gap junction protein, gamma 3
Alias: Cx29, Gje1, connexin 29, connexin-29, gap junction epsilon-1 protein, gap junction gamma-3 protein, gap junction membrane channel protein epsilon 1
- Cx29 and Cx32, two connexins expressed by myelinating glia, do not interact and are functionally distinctMeejin Ahn
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6077, USA
J Neurosci Res 86:992-1006. 2008In rodents, oligodendrocytes and myelinating Schwann cells express connexin32 (Cx32) and Cx29, which have different localizations in the two cell types...
- The mouse gap junction gene connexin29 is highly expressed in sciatic nerve and regulated during brain developmentG Sohl
Institut fur Genetik, Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, Germany
Biol Chem 382:973-8. 2001..Our expression data suggest that the new connexin gene is active in myelin-forming glial cells...
- Dynamic expression of Cx47 in mouse brain development and in the cuprizone model of myelin plasticityRosalba Parenti
Department of Physiological Science, University of Catania, V le A Doria, 6 95125 Catania, Italy
Glia 58:1594-609. 2010..Since the expression of Cx47 in developing oligodendrocytes preceded those of Cx32 and Cx29, a role of Cx47 in myelinogenesis was postulated...
- Mouse lens connexin23 (Gje1) does not form functional gap junction channels but causes enhanced ATP release from HeLa cellsStephan Sonntag
Institut fur Genetik, Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, D 53117 Bonn, Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 88:65-77. 2009..The mouse connexin23 (Cx23) gene (Gje1) differs from all other connexin genes in vertebrates, since it codes for a protein that contains only 4 instead of ..
- Analysis of connexin expression during mouse Schwann cell development identifies connexin29 as a novel marker for the transition of neural crest to precursor cellsJing Li
Department of Neuroanatomy and Molecular Brain Research, Ruhr University Bochum, D 44801 Bochum, Germany
Glia 55:93-103. 2007..In mature myelin-forming Schwann cells, expression of multiple connexins, i.e. connexin (Cx) 43, Cx29, Cx32, and Cx46 (after nerve injury) has been detected...
- Connexin29 is highly expressed in cochlear Schwann cells, and it is required for the normal development and function of the auditory nerve of miceWenxue Tang
Department of Otolaryngology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Neurosci 26:1991-9. 2006..Here, we show that Cx29 was highly expressed in the cochlea...
- Expression pattern and functional characterization of connexin29 in transgenic miceJürgen Eiberger
Institut fur Genetik, Universitat Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Glia 53:601-11. 2006Using newly generated transgenic mice in which the coding region of the connexin29 (Cx29) gene was replaced by the lacZ reporter gene, we confirmed previous immunochemical results that Cx29 is expressed in Schwann cells, oligodendrocytes ..
- Expression patterns of connexin 29 (GJE1) in mouse and rat cochleaJiann jou Yang
Genetics Laboratory and Department of BioMedical Sciences, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 338:723-8. 2005..To elucidate whether the Cx29 gap junction protein epsilon 1, GJE1, is localized in the adult mouse and rat cochlea, we performed an immunohistochemistry (IHC) and reverse ..
- The novel mouse connexin39 gene is expressed in developing striated muscle fibersJulia von Maltzahn
Institut fur Genetik, Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, Römerstr 164, 53117 Bonn, Germany
J Cell Sci 117:5381-92. 2004..As expression of no other known connexin could be verified in these cells, intercellular dye transfer might result from functional expression of Cx39 in developing striated muscle fibers...
- Unique distributions of the gap junction proteins connexin29, connexin32, and connexin47 in oligodendrocytesKleopas A Kleopa
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, USA
Glia 47:346-57. 2004Oligodendrocytes of adult rodents express three different connexins: connexin29 (Cx29), Cx32, and Cx47...
- Four classes of intercellular channels between glial cells in the CNSBruce M Altevogt
Program in Neuroscience and Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Neurosci 24:4313-23. 2004..We produced a Cx29 reporter mouse in which the connexin coding sequence was replaced with a histological marker, which was used to ..
- An expression atlas of connexin genes in the mouseAnnalisa Buniello
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine, Via P Castellino 111, 80131 Naples, Italy
Genomics 83:812-20. 2004....
- An update on connexin genes and their nomenclature in mouse and manGoran Sohl
Institut fur Genetik, Universitat Bonn, Germany
Cell Commun Adhes 10:173-80. 2003..Furthermore, this short review contains an update on phenotypic correlations between connexin deficient mice and patients bearing mutations in their orthologous connexin genes...
- Connexin29 and connexin32 at oligodendrocyte and astrocyte gap junctions and in myelin of the mouse central nervous systemJames I Nagy
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 3J7, Canada
J Comp Neurol 464:356-70. 2003The cellular localization, relation to other glial connexins (Cx30, Cx32, and Cx43), and developmental expression of Cx29 were investigated in the mouse central nervous system (CNS) with an anti-Cx29 antibody...
- Connexin29 expression, immunocytochemistry and freeze-fracture replica immunogold labelling (FRIL) in sciatic nerveXinbo Li
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, 730 William Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3E 3J7 Canada
Eur J Neurosci 16:795-806. 2002The recently discovered connexin29 (Cx29) was reported to be present in the central and peripheral nervous systems (CNS and PNS), and its mRNA was found in particular abundance in peripheral nerve...
- Connexin29 is uniquely distributed within myelinating glial cells of the central and peripheral nervous systemsBruce M Altevogt
Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Neurosci 22:6458-70. 2002..We identified Cx29, whose transcript was restricted to brain, spinal cord, and sciatic nerve...
- Expression of connexin29 and 32 in the penumbra region after traumatic brain injury of miceYounghye Moon
Department of Anatomy, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Neuroreport 21:1135-9. 2010..We found that the expressions of two Cx family members, Cx29 and Cx32, were progressively increased in the sharp border of injury penumbra regions after cryotraumatic brain ..