Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gjd4
Description: gap junction protein, delta 4
Alias: 9430022F06Rik, Cx39, connexin-39, connexin39, gap junction delta-4 protein
- Structural and functional diversity of connexin genes in the mouse and human genomeKlaus Willecke
Institut fur Genetik, Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, Germany
Biol Chem 383:725-37. 2002..In this review we compare currently identified connexin genes in both the mouse and human genome and discuss the functions of gap junctions deduced from targeted mouse mutants and human genetic disorders...
- An update on connexin genes and their nomenclature in mouse and manGoran Sohl
Institut fur Genetik, Universitat Bonn, Germany
Cell Commun Adhes 10:173-80. 2003..Furthermore, this short review contains an update on phenotypic correlations between connexin deficient mice and patients bearing mutations in their orthologous connexin genes...
- An expression atlas of connexin genes in the mouseAnnalisa Buniello
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine, Via P Castellino 111, 80131 Naples, Italy
Genomics 83:812-20. 2004....
- The novel mouse connexin39 gene is expressed in developing striated muscle fibersJulia von Maltzahn
Institut fur Genetik, Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, Römerstr 164, 53117 Bonn, Germany
J Cell Sci 117:5381-92. 2004The recently identified mouse connexin39 (mCx39) gene encodes a peptide of 364 amino acids that shows only 61% sequence similarity to its putative human orthologue connexin40.1 (hCx40.1). The coding regions of mCx39 and hCx40...
- Spatiotemporal expression of connexin 39 and -43 during myoblast differentiation in cultured cells and in the mouse embryoJulia von Maltzahn
Institut fur Genetik, Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Cell Commun Adhes 13:55-60. 2006b>Connexin39 (Cx39) and connexin43 (Cx43) are known to be expressed during development of skeletal muscles...
- Cx37 and Cx43 localize to zona pellucida in mouse ovarian folliclesAlexander M Simon
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, 85724, USA
Cell Commun Adhes 13:61-77. 2006..We suggest that in addition to its role in oocyte-granulosa cell communication, Cx37 could enable a distinct communication pathway between those granulosa cells that are in direct contact with the oocyte...
- Connexin39 deficient mice display accelerated myogenesis and regeneration of skeletal muscleJulia von Maltzahn
Institute of Genetics, University of Bonn, D 53117 Bonn, Germany
Exp Cell Res 317:1169-78. 2011During muscle development and regeneration of skeletal muscle in mice connexin43 (Cx43) and connexin39 (Cx39) are specifically expressed: Cx43 in satellite cells and myoblasts, whereas Cx39 is exclusively expressed in myogenin-positive ..
- Gap Junction Mediated Signaling and Vascular ResponsesAlexander M Simon; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, these studies could also lead to new approaches to control vasculogenesis and angiogenesis in other clinically important settings, such as anti-angiogenesis treatments designed to fight cancer. ..