Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hspb8
Description: heat shock protein 8
Alias: AU018630, AW413033, Cryac, D5Ucla4, E2IG1, H11, H11K, HSP20-like, HSP22, heat shock protein beta-8, alpha-crystallin C chain, crystallin, alpha C, heat shock 27kDa protein 8, heat shock protein 20-like protein, small stress protein-like protein HSP22
- Qiu H, Lizano P, Laure L, Sui X, Rashed E, Park J, et al. H11 kinase/heat shock protein 22 deletion impairs both nuclear and mitochondrial functions of STAT3 and accelerates the transition into heart failure on cardiac overload. Circulation. 2011;124:406-15 pubmed publisherCardiac overload, a major cause of heart failure, induces the expression of the heat shock protein H11 kinase/Hsp22 (Hsp22)...
- Benndorf R, Sun X, Gilmont R, Biederman K, Molloy M, Goodmurphy C, et al. HSP22, a new member of the small heat shock protein superfamily, interacts with mimic of phosphorylated HSP27 ((3D)HSP27). J Biol Chem. 2001;276:26753-61 pubmed..Thus, the new protein itself is a member of this protein superfamily, and consequently we designated it HSP22. According to the two-hybrid data, HSP22 interacts preferentially with the triple aspartate form of HSP27 as ..
- Irobi J, Van Impe K, Seeman P, Jordanova A, Dierick I, Verpoorten N, et al. Hot-spot residue in small heat-shock protein 22 causes distal motor neuropathy. Nat Genet. 2004;36:597-601 pubmed..3, we identified the same mutation (K141N) in small heat-shock 22-kDa protein 8 (encoded by HSPB8; also called HSP22). We found a second mutation (K141E) in two smaller families...
- Hedhli N, Wang L, Wang Q, Rashed E, Tian Y, Sui X, et al. Proteasome activation during cardiac hypertrophy by the chaperone H11 Kinase/Hsp22. Cardiovasc Res. 2008;77:497-505 pubmed..distribution in a model of chronic cardiac hypertrophy induced by the stress-response chaperone H11 Kinase/Hsp22 (Hsp22)...
- Depre C, Wang L, Sui X, Qiu H, Hong C, Hedhli N, et al. H11 kinase prevents myocardial infarction by preemptive preconditioning of the heart. Circ Res. 2006;98:280-8 pubmed..We tested the role of the protein H11 kinase (H11K), which accumulates by 4- to 6-fold in myocardium of patients with chronic ischemic heart disease and in ..
- Crippa V, Sau D, Rusmini P, Boncoraglio A, Onesto E, Bolzoni E, et al. The small heat shock protein B8 (HspB8) promotes autophagic removal of misfolded proteins involved in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:3440-56 pubmed publisher..we found that spinal cord motor neurons, accumulating mutant SOD1 also over-express the small heat shock protein HspB8. Using motor neuronal fALS models, we demonstrated that HspB8 decreases aggregation and increases mutant SOD1 ..
- Hu Z, Yang B, Mo X, Zhou F. HspB8 mediates neuroprotection against OGD/R in N2A cells through the phosphoinositide 3-kinase/Akt pathway. Brain Res. 2016;1644:15-21 pubmed publisherIn a previous study, we found that Heat shock protein B8 (HspB8) overexpression could prevent the apoptosis and reduced cell viability induced by OGD/R and showed that the neuroprotective effect of HspB8 was mediated by inhibition of the ..
- Zhong B, Hu Z, Tan J, Lu T, Lei Q, Chen C, et al. Hsp20 Protects against Oxygen-Glucose Deprivation/Reperfusion-Induced Golgi Fragmentation and Apoptosis through Fas/FasL Pathway. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2015;2015:606934 pubmed publisher..This neuroprotective potential of Hsp20 against OGDR insult and the underlying mechanism will pave the way for its potential clinical application for cerebral ischemia-reperfusion related disorders. ..
- Swindell E, Liu C, Shah R, Smith A, Lang R, Jamrich M. Eye formation in the absence of retina. Dev Biol. 2008;322:56-64 pubmed publisher..One involved in the formation of the eyeball and the second involved in the formation of the auxiliary eye structures. ..
- Laure L, Long R, Lizano P, Zini R, Berdeaux A, Depre C, et al. Cardiac H11 kinase/Hsp22 stimulates oxidative phosphorylation and modulates mitochondrial reactive oxygen species production: Involvement of a nitric oxide-dependent mechanism. Free Radic Biol Med. 2012;52:2168-76 pubmed publisherH11 kinase/Hsp22 (Hsp22), a small heat shock protein upregulated by ischemia/reperfusion, provides cardioprotection equal to ischemic preconditioning (IPC) through a nitric oxide (NO)-dependent mechanism...
- Ramakrishna S, Kim I, Petrovic V, Malin D, Wang I, Kalin T, et al. Myocardium defects and ventricular hypoplasia in mice homozygous null for the Forkhead Box M1 transcription factor. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:1000-13 pubmed..Foxm1 regulates expression of genes essential for the proliferation of cardiomyocytes during heart development. ..
- Welch C, Xia Y, Gu L, Machleder D, Mehrabian M, Wen P, et al. Srb1 maps to mouse chromosome 5 in a region harboring putative QTLs for plasma lipoprotein levels. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:942-4 pubmed
- Ring B, Cordes S, Overbeek P, Barsh G. Regulation of mouse lens fiber cell development and differentiation by the Maf gene. Development. 2000;127:307-17 pubmed..Our results indicate that Maf directly activates many if not all of the (beta)-crystallin genes, and suggest a model for coordinating cell cycle withdrawal with terminal differentiation. ..
- Huang L, Min J, Masters S, Mivechi N, Moskophidis D. Insights into function and regulation of small heat shock protein 25 (HSPB1) in a mouse model with targeted gene disruption. Genesis. 2007;45:487-501 pubmed....
- Sanbe A, Marunouchi T, Abe T, Tezuka Y, Okada M, Aoki S, et al. Phenotype of cardiomyopathy in cardiac-specific heat shock protein B8 K141N transgenic mouse. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:8910-21 pubmed publisher..Although the HSPB8 gene causes hereditary motor neuropathy, obvious expression of HSPB8 is also observed in other tissues, such as ..
- Rashed E, Lizano P, Dai H, Thomas A, Suzuki C, Depre C, et al. Heat shock protein 22 (Hsp22) regulates oxidative phosphorylation upon its mitochondrial translocation with the inducible nitric oxide synthase in mammalian heart. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0119537 pubmed publisherStress-inducible heat shock protein 22 (Hsp22) confers protection against ischemia through induction of the inducible isoform of nitric oxide synthase (iNOS)...
- Yamamoto N, Tokuda H, Kuroyanagi G, Kainuma S, Matsushima Nishiwaki R, Fujita K, et al. Heat shock protein 22 (HSPB8) limits TGF-β-stimulated migration of osteoblasts. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;436:1-9 pubmed publisher..HSP22 (HSPB8), a low-molecular weight HSP, is ubiquitously expressed in many cell types...
- Wang L, Zajac A, Hedhli N, Depre C. Increased expression of H11 kinase stimulates glycogen synthesis in the heart. Mol Cell Biochem. 2004;265:71-8 pubmedb>H11 kinase is a serine/threonine kinase preferentially expressed in the heart, which participates in cardiac cell growth and also in cytoprotection during ischemia...
- Smith J, Wadleigh D, Xia Y, Mar R, Herschman H, Lusis A. Cloning and genomic localization of the murine LPS-induced CXC chemokine (LIX) gene, Scyb5. Immunogenetics. 2002;54:599-603 pubmed..The sequence and mapping data suggest that the human ENA78-PBP-PF4 and GCP2- psi PBP-PF4V1 loci arose from an evolutionarily recent duplication of an ancestral locus related to the murine Lix-Pbp-Pf4 locus. ..
- Bany B, Schultz G. Increased expression of a novel heat shock protein transcript in the mouse uterus during decidualization and in response to progesterone. Biol Reprod. 2001;64:284-92 pubmed..In conclusion, we have identified a novel transcript of a potential heat shock protein whose level is significantly increased in the uterus during decidualization and in response to progesterone. ..
- Irobi J, Almeida Souza L, Asselbergh B, de Winter V, Goethals S, Dierick I, et al. Mutant HSPB8 causes motor neuron-specific neurite degeneration. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:3254-65 pubmed publisherMissense mutations (K141N and K141E) in the alpha-crystallin domain of the small heat shock protein HSPB8 (HSP22) cause distal hereditary motor neuropathy (distal HMN) or Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathy type 2L (CMT2L)...
- Ramirez Rodriguez G, Babu H, Klempin F, Krylyshkina O, Baekelandt V, Gijsbers R, et al. The α crystallin domain of small heat shock protein b8 (Hspb8) acts as survival and differentiation factor in adult hippocampal neurogenesis. J Neurosci. 2013;33:5785-96 pubmed publisher..Here, we investigated the small heat shock protein Hspb8, which, because of its pleiotropic prosurvival effects in other systems, was considered a particularly promising ..
- Dimanlig P, Faber S, Auerbach W, Makarenkova H, Lang R. The upstream ectoderm enhancer in Pax6 has an important role in lens induction. Development. 2001;128:4415-24 pubmed..This pathway forms a basis for future analysis of lens induction mechanism. ..
- Klingenspor M, Bodnar J, Welch C, Xia Y, Lusis A, Reue K. Localization of ubiquitin gene family members to mouse chromosomes 5, 11, and 18. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:789-90 pubmed
- Arndt V, Dick N, Tawo R, Dreiseidler M, Wenzel D, Hesse M, et al. Chaperone-assisted selective autophagy is essential for muscle maintenance. Curr Biol. 2010;20:143-8 pubmed publisher..Stv and its mammalian ortholog BAG-3 coordinate the activity of Hsc70 and the small heat shock protein HspB8 during disposal that is initiated by the chaperone-associated ubiquitin ligase CHIP and the autophagic ubiquitin ..
- García Lax N, Tomas Roca L, Marin F. Developmental expression pattern of Hspb8 mRNA in the mouse brain: analysis through online databases. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2012;295:492-503 pubmed publisherb>Hspb8 is a member of the Hspb family of chaperone-like proteins. It is involved in several neural disorders such as Alzheimer's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, hereditary distal motor neuropathy, and Charcot-Marie-Tooth's disease...
- Quraishe S, Asuni A, Boelens W, O CONNOR V, Wyttenbach A. Expression of the small heat shock protein family in the mouse CNS: differential anatomical and biochemical compartmentalization. Neuroscience. 2008;153:483-91 pubmed publisher..A distinct white matter specific expression pattern for HspB5 and overlapping expression of HspB1 and HspB8 in the lateral and dorsal ventricles of the brain is observed...