Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ikbke
Description: inhibitor of kappaB kinase epsilon
Alias: AW558201, IKK-i, IKKepsilon, Ikki, inhibitor of nuclear factor kappa-B kinase subunit epsilon, I-kappa-B kinase epsilon, IKK-E, IKK-epsilon, inducible I kappa-B kinase, inducible IKappaB kinase, inhibitor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B-cells, kinase epsilon
- Multiple functions of the IKK-related kinase IKKepsilon in interferon-mediated antiviral immunityBenjamin R tenOever
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, 7 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Science 315:1274-8. 2007b>IKKepsilon is an IKK (inhibitor of nuclear factor kappaBkinase)-related kinase implicated in virus induction of interferon-beta (IFNbeta)...
- Regulation of IkappaB kinase-related kinases and antiviral responses by tumor suppressor CYLDMinying Zhang
Department of Immunology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 283:18621-6. 2008The IkappaB kinase (IKK)-related kinases, IKKepsilon and TBK1, participate in the induction of type I interferons (IFNs) during viral infections...
- IKKi/IKKepsilon plays a key role in integrating signals induced by pro-inflammatory stimuliVladimir V Kravchenko
Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 278:26612-9. 2003We report that the product of the inducible gene encoding the kinase known as IKKi/IKKepsilon (IKKi) is required for expression of a group of genes up-regulated by pro-inflammatory stimuli such as bacterial endotoxin (lipopolysaccharide (..
- The protein kinase IKKε is a potential target for the treatment of inflammatory hyperalgesiaChristine V Möser
Pharmazentrum Frankfurt Das Zentrum für Arzneimittelforschung, Entwicklung und Sicherheit, Institut fur Klinische Pharmakologie, Klinikum der Goethe Universität Frankfurt, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Immunol 187:2617-25. 2011..Therefore, we concluded that IKKε modulates inflammatory nociceptive sensitivity by activation of NF-κB-dependent gene transcription and may be useful as a therapeutic target in the treatment of inflammatory pain...
- IkappaB kinase epsilon and TANK-binding kinase 1 activate AKT by direct phosphorylationXiaoduo Xie
Department of Pharmacology and Moores Cancer Center, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:6474-9. 2011..Our observations suggest a physiological function of IKKε/TBK1 in AKT regulation and a possible mechanism of IKKε/TBK1 in oncogenesis by activating AKT...
- Beneficial effects of IKKε-deficiency on body weight and insulin sensitivity are lost in high fat diet-induced obesity in miceLudger Scheja
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology II, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 407:288-94. 2011....
- The inducible kinase IKKi is required for IL-17-dependent signaling associated with neutrophilia and pulmonary inflammationKatarzyna Bulek
Department of Immunology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Nat Immunol 12:844-52. 2011..we report that Act1, the key adaptor for the IL-17 receptor (IL-7R), formed a complex with the inducible kinase IKKi after stimulation with IL-17...
- IKBKE protein activates Akt independent of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/PDK1/mTORC2 and the pleckstrin homology domain to sustain malignant transformationJian Ping Guo
Department of Molecular Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Biol Chem 286:37389-98. 2011..Activation of Akt by mitogenic factor depends on phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K). Here, we report that IKBKE (also known as IKKε and IKKi) activates Akt through a PI3K-independent pathway...
- Novel splice variants of human IKKε negatively regulate IKKε-induced IRF3 and NF-kB activationAnja Koop
Institute of Immunology, Christian Albrechts University Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Eur J Immunol 41:224-34. 2011..Taken together, our data suggest alternative splicing as a novel regulatory mechanism suitable to shift the balance between different functions of IKKε...
- The protein kinase IKKepsilon regulates energy balance in obese miceShian Huey Chiang
Life Sciences Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Cell 138:961-75. 2009..increase NF-kappaB activation in mice, which leads to a sustained elevation in level of IkappaB kinase epsilon (IKKepsilon) in liver, adipocytes, and adipose tissue macrophages...
- Involvement of the ubiquitin-like domain of TBK1/IKK-i kinases in regulation of IFN-inducible genesFumiyo Ikeda
Institute of Biochemistry II, Goethe University Medical School, Frankfurt, Germany
EMBO J 26:3451-62. 2007..We propose that the ULD is a regulatory component of the TBK1/IKK-i kinases involved in the control of the kinase activation, substrate presentation and downstream signaling pathways...
- The kinase TBK1 controls IgA class switching by negatively regulating noncanonical NF-κB signalingJin Jin
Department of Immunology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Nat Immunol 13:1101-9. 2012..Our findings establish TBK1 as a pivotal negative regulator of the noncanonical NF-κB pathway and identify a unique mechanism that controls IgA production...
- Modulation of the interferon antiviral response by the TBK1/IKKi adaptor protein TANKBeichu Guo
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Molecular Genetics, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 282:11817-26. 2007..adaptor inducing interferon-beta), and TRAF3 and downstream mediators TANK-binding kinase 1, inducible IkappaB kinase, and interferon regulatory factor 3...
- IKK-i, a novel lipopolysaccharide-inducible kinase that is related to IkappaB kinasesT Shimada
Department of Biochemistry, Hyogo College of Medicine, 1 1 Mukogawa cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663 8501, Japan
Int Immunol 11:1357-62. 1999..These results suggest that IKK-i is an inducible IkappaB kinase which may play a special role in the immune response.
- Regulation of c-Jun phosphorylation by the I kappa B kinase-epsilon complex in fibroblast-like synoviocytesSusan E Sweeney
Division of Rheumatology, Allergy, and Immunology, University of California San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Immunol 174:6424-30. 2005..The IkappaB kinase (IKK)-related kinase, IKKepsilon/IKKi, which plays a pivotal role in regulating antiviral gene transcription, is constitutively expressed by ..
- The roles of two IkappaB kinase-related kinases in lipopolysaccharide and double stranded RNA signaling and viral infectionHiroaki Hemmi
Department of Host Defense, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Exp Med 199:1641-50. 2004..Recently, two IkappaB kinase (IKK)-related kinases, inducible IkappaB kinase (IKK-i) and TANK-binding kinase 1 (TBK1), were suggested to act as IRF-3 kinases and be involved in IFN-..
- Innate immune response induced by baculovirus attenuates transgene expression in mammalian cellsChikako Ono
Department of Molecular Virology, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
J Virol 88:2157-67. 2014....
- Inflammation produces catecholamine resistance in obesity via activation of PDE3B by the protein kinases IKKε and TBK1Jonathan Mowers
Life Sciences Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, United States
elife 2:e01119. 2013..These studies suggest that by reducing production of cAMP in adipocytes, IKKε and TBK1 may contribute to the repression of energy expenditure during obesity. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.01119.001. ..
- TLR-driven early glycolytic reprogramming via the kinases TBK1-IKKɛ supports the anabolic demands of dendritic cell activationBart Everts
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Nat Immunol 15:323-32. 2014..In summary, we identified the rapid induction of glycolysis as an integral component of TLR signaling that is essential for the anabolic demands of the activation and function of DCs. ..
- Nuclear factor κB2 p52 protein has a role in antiviral immunity through IκB kinase epsilon-dependent induction of Sp1 protein and interleukin 15Sarah L Doyle
Immunology Research Centre, Trinity Biomedical Sciences Institute, School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
J Biol Chem 288:25066-75. 2013..Our study identifies NFκB2 as a target for IKKε in antiviral immunity and describes, for the first time, a role for NFκB2 in the regulation of gene expression in response to viral infection. ..
- IκBε is a key regulator of B cell expansion by providing negative feedback on cRel and RelA in a stimulus-specific mannerBryce N Alves
Signaling Systems Laboratory, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093
J Immunol 192:3121-32. 2014..This study illustrates the importance of kinetic considerations in understanding the functional specificity of negative-feedback regulators. ..
- Functionally distinct effects of the C-terminal regions of IKKε and TBK1 on type I IFN productionYuichiro Nakatsu
Department of Virology III, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Musashi Murayama, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 9:e94999. 2014..The results highlight the importance of the C-terminal region in the functional activity of IKKε in innate immune response and also the difference in activation mechanisms between IKKε and the closely related TBK1...
- IKKε knockout prevents high fat diet induced arterial atherosclerosis and NF-κB signaling in miceChangchun Cao
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Nanjing First Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
PLoS ONE 8:e64930. 2013..In this study we investigated the role of IKKε during the formation of atherosclerosis and its molecular mechanism in the mouse aortic vessel wall...
- IKBKE Is Required during KRAS-Induced Pancreatic TumorigenesisMihir Rajurkar
Department of Molecular, Cell and Cancer Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts
Cancer Res . 2017..Here, we show that the noncanonical IκB-related kinase, IKBKE, is a critical oncogenic effector during KRAS-induced pancreatic transformation...
- IKBKE phosphorylation and inhibition of FOXO3a: a mechanism of IKBKE oncogenic functionJian Ping Guo
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Peking University Cancer Hospital and Institute, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 8:e63636. 2013..Here we report that IKBKE regulates FOXO3a through phosphorylation of FOXO3a-Ser644...
- Deficiency of IKKε inhibits inflammation and induces cardiac protection in high-fat diet-induced obesity in miceChangchun Cao
Department of Nephrology, Nanjing Hospital affiliated to Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210006, P R China
Int J Mol Med 34:244-52. 2014....
- IKKε is key to induction of insulin resistance in the hypothalamus, and its inhibition reverses obesityLaís Weissmann
Department of Internal Medicine, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Diabetes 63:3334-45. 2014b>IKK epsilon (IKKε) is induced by the activation of nuclear factor-κB (NF-κB). Whole-body IKKε knockout mice on a high-fat diet (HFD) were protected from insulin resistance and showed altered energy balance...
- Unanchored K48-linked polyubiquitin synthesized by the E3-ubiquitin ligase TRIM6 stimulates the interferon-IKKε kinase-mediated antiviral responseRicardo Rajsbaum
Department of Microbiology, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA Global Health and Emerging Pathogens Institute, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Immunity 40:880-95. 2014..Our work attributes a previously unrecognized activating role of K48-linked unanchored polyubiquitin chains in kinase activation and identifies the UbE2K-TRIM6-ubiquitin axis as critical for IFN signaling and antiviral response. ..
- IκB kinase epsilon expression in adipocytes is upregulated by interaction with macrophagesYohei Sanada
a Department of Molecular and Applied Bioscience, Graduate School of Biosphere Science, Hiroshima University, Higashi Hiroshima, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 78:1357-62. 2014..This study provides novel insight into IKKε, which is involved in adipose tissue inflammation during the development of obesity. ..
- miR-339-5p inhibits alcohol-induced brain inflammation through regulating NF-κB pathwayYu Zhang
Department of Neurology, The First Affiliated School of Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150001, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 452:450-6. 2014..miR-339-5p inhibited expression of these pro-inflammatory factors through the NF-κB pathway by abolishing IKK-β and IKK-ε activity. ..
- Hematopoietic IKBKE limits the chronicity of inflammasome priming and metaflammationMeghana N Patel
Department of Clinical Biochemistry and University of Cambridge Metabolic Research Laboratories, Institute of Metabolic Science, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:506-11. 2015..Here, we show that inhibitor of κB kinase epsilon (IKBKE) is a novel regulator that limits chronic inflammation during metabolic disease and atherosclerosis...
- Regulation of T-cell activation and migration by the kinase TBK1 during neuroinflammationJiayi Yu
Department of Immunology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 7455 Fannin Street, BOX 902, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nat Commun 6:6074. 2015..Treatment of mice with a small-molecule inhibitor of TBK1 inhibits EAE induction. These results suggest a role for TBK1 in regulating T-cell migration and establish TBK1 as a regulator of the AKT-mTORC1 signalling axis. ..
- A role for APPL1 in TLR3/4-dependent TBK1 and IKKε activation in macrophagesTieu Lan Chau
Interdisciplinary Cluster of Applied Genoproteomics, GIGA Research, Hospital University of Liege Sart Tilman, University of Liege, 4000 Liege, Belgium Laboratory of Medical Chemistry, Hospital University of Liege Sart Tilman, University of Liege, 4000 Liege, Belgium Unit of Signal Transduction, GIGA Research, Hospital University of Liege Sart Tilman, University of Liege, 4000 Liege, Belgium
J Immunol 194:3970-83. 2015..Those signaling pathways involve the signal-induced degradation of APPL1 to prevent aberrant IRF3-dependent gene expression linked to immune diseases. ..
- The REGγ-proteasome forms a regulatory circuit with IκBɛ and NFκB in experimental colitisJinjin Xu
Shanghai Key Laboratory of Regulatory Biology, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Brain Functional Genomics Ministry of Education, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, East China Normal University, Shanghai 200241, China
Nat Commun 7:10761. 2016..In sum, this study identifies REGγ-mediated control of IκBɛ as a molecular mechanism that contributes to NFκB activation and promotes bowel inflammation and associated tumour formation in response to chronic injury. ..
- The Prosurvival IKK-Related Kinase IKKε Integrates LPS and IL17A Signaling Cascades to Promote Wnt-Dependent Tumor Development in the IntestineSerkan Ismail Göktuna
Interdisciplinary Cluster for Applied Genoproteomics GIGA, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium Laboratory of Medical Chemistry, GIGA Molecular Biology of Diseases, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Bilkent University, Bilkent, Ankara, Turkey
Cancer Res 76:2587-99. 2016..Cancer Res; 76(9); 2587-99. ©2016 AACR. ..
- IκB Kinase ε Is an NFATc1 Kinase that Inhibits T Cell Immune ResponseJunjie Zhang
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California, 1441 Eastlake Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Cell Rep 16:405-18. 2016..These results collectively show that IKKε promotes NFATc1 phosphorylation and inhibits T cell responses, identifying IKKε as a crucial negative regulator of T cell activation and a potential target for immunotherapy. ..
- Effects of IKKɛ on oxidised low-density lipoprotein-induced injury in vascular endothelial cellsChangchun Cao
Department of Nephrology, Nanjing First Hospital Affiliated to Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210006, China
Heart Lung Circ 22:366-72. 2013..Oxidised low-density lipoprotein (ox-LDL) led to endothelial dysfunction, which was an initial step in the formation of atheroma. The role of IKKɛ in Ox-LDL-induced endothelial cell injury was investigated in this study...
- Contribution of a TANK-binding kinase 1-interferon (IFN) regulatory factor 7 pathway to IFN-γ-induced gene expressionMatthias Farlik
Max F Perutz Laboratories, Department of Genetics, Microbiology and Immunobiology, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Mol Cell Biol 32:1032-43. 2012..Our data thus describe a biologically relevant basal activity of TBK1 and identify IRF7 as a novel player in the IFN-γ response...
- The microRNA miR-155 controls CD8(+) T cell responses by regulating interferon signalingDonald T Gracias
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Center for Immunology and Vaccine Science, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Nat Immunol 14:593-602. 2013..We have thus identified a previously unknown role for miR-155 in regulating responsiveness to interferon and CD8(+) T cell responses to pathogens in vivo...
- Involvement of the IkappaB kinase (IKK)-related kinases tank-binding kinase 1/IKKi and cullin-based ubiquitin ligases in IFN regulatory factor-3 degradationAnnie Bibeau-Poirier
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada
J Immunol 177:5059-67. 2006....
- Inhibitor of κB kinase epsilon (IKK(epsilon)), STAT1, and IFIT2 proteins define novel innate immune effector pathway against West Nile virus infectionOlivia Perwitasari
Department of Immunology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Biol Chem 286:44412-23. 2011..Our results define an IFN-induced IKKε signaling pathway of specific STAT1 phosphorylation and IFIT2 expression that imparts innate antiviral immunity to restrict WNV infection and control viral pathogenesis...
- IκB kinase epsilon (IKK(epsilon)) regulates the balance between type I and type II interferon responsesSze Ling Ng
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:21170-5. 2011..We conclude that IKKε plays a critical role in regulating the balance between the IFN-I and IFN-II signaling pathways...
- TRAF6-dependent Act1 phosphorylation by the IκB kinase-related kinases suppresses interleukin-17-induced NF-κB activationFangfang Qu
The Key Laboratory of Stem Cell Biology, Institute of Health Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences and Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Mol Cell Biol 32:3925-37. 2012..Recently, inducible IκB kinase (IKKi) has been shown to phosphorylate Act1 on Ser 311 to mediate IL-17-induced mRNA stability...
- Inactivation of the enzyme GSK3α by the kinase IKKi promotes AKT-mTOR signaling pathway that mediates interleukin-1-induced Th17 cell maintenanceMuhammet F Gulen
Department of Immunology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Immunity 37:800-12. 2012..Via biochemical and genetic approaches, the kinases IKKi and GSK3α were identified as the critical intermediate signaling components for IL-1-induced AKT activation, which ..
- IKK epsilon kinase is crucial for viral G protein-coupled receptor tumorigenesisYi Wang
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:11139-44. 2013..Collectively, our findings uncover a critical IKKε in promoting NF-κB activation and tumorigenesis induced by a viral GPCR. ..
- IKKi deficiency promotes pressure overload-induced cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosisJia Dai
Department of Cardiology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
PLoS ONE 8:e53412. 2013The inducible IκB kinase (IKKi/IKKε) is a recently described serine-threonine IKK-related kinase. Previous studies have reported the role of IKKi in infectious diseases and cancer...
- Identification of the protein kinases that activate the E3 ubiquitin ligase Pellino 1 in the innate immune systemEddy T H Goh
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit and Scottish Institute for Cell Signalling, Sir James Black Centre, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, U K
Biochem J 441:339-46. 2012..The activation of Pellino 1 provides the first direct readout for IRAK1 catalytic activity in cells...
- A novel IRAK1-IKKε signaling axis limits the activation of TAK1-IKKβ downstream of TLR3Daniela Bruni
Institute of Immunology, National University of Ireland Maynooth, Maynooth, County Kildare, Ireland
J Immunol 190:2844-56. 2013....
- Cutting edge: Role of TANK-binding kinase 1 and inducible IkappaB kinase in IFN responses against viruses in innate immune cellsKosuke Matsui
Department of Host Defense, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Immunol 177:5785-9. 2006TANK-binding kinase 1 (TBK1) and inducible IkappaB kinase (IKK-i) are involved in the activation of transcription factors inducing the production of type I IFNs...
- TANK-binding kinase-1 delineates innate and adaptive immune responses to DNA vaccinesKen J Ishii
Exploratory Research for Advanced Technology ERATO, Japan Science and Technology Agency JST
Nature 451:725-9. 2008..These data suggest that TBK1 is a key signalling molecule for DNA-vaccine-induced immunogenicity, by differentially controlling DNA-activated innate immune signalling through haematopoietic and non-haematopoietic cells...
- Promoter organization of the interferon-A genes differentially affects virus-induced expression and responsiveness to TBK1 and IKKepsilonAhmet Civas
UPR 2228 CNRS, Laboratoire de Régulation Transcriptionnelle et Maladies Génétiques, UFR Biomédicale des Saints Pères, Universite Paris V, 45 Rue des Saints Peres, 75270 Paris Cedex 06, France
J Biol Chem 281:4856-66. 2006..during viral infection by the IKK-related serine/threonine kinases TBK1 and IkappaB kinase epsilon (IKKepsilon)...
- A Toll-like receptor-independent antiviral response induced by double-stranded B-form DNAKen J Ishii
Exploratory Research for Advanced Technology, Japan Science and Technology Agency, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Nat Immunol 7:40-8. 2006..the promoter of the gene encoding interferon-beta through a signaling pathway that required the kinases TBK1 and IKKi, whereas there was substantial activation of transcription factor NF-kappaB independent of both TBK and IKKi...
- Antiviral gene expression in rheumatoid arthritis: role of IKKepsilon and interferon regulatory factor 3Susan E Sweeney
University of California San Diego, School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Arthritis Rheum 56:743-52. 2007..This study was designed to investigate the role of the IKK-related kinase IKKepsilon and IFN regulatory factor 3 (IRF-3) in the activation of antiviral genes in rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- The Nfkb1 and Nfkb2 proteins p105 and p100 function as the core of high-molecular-weight heterogeneous complexesOlga V Savinova
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Mol Cell 34:591-602. 2009..Our biochemical evidence suggests an assembly pathway in which kinetic mechanisms control NF-kappaB dimer formation via processing and assembly of large complexes that contain IkappaB activities...
- NOD1 contributes to mouse host defense against Helicobacter pylori via induction of type I IFN and activation of the ISGF3 signaling pathwayTomohiro Watanabe
Mucosal Immunity Section, Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Clin Invest 120:1645-62. 2010..This in turn led to activation of TANK-binding kinase 1 (TBK1) and IkappaB kinase epsilon (IKKepsilon) and the subsequent activation of IFN regulatory factor 7 (IRF7)...
- Specification of the NF-kappaB transcriptional response by p65 phosphorylation and TNF-induced nuclear translocation of IKK epsilonRita Moreno
Institute of Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, Friedrichstrasse 24, Justus Liebig University, 35392 Giessen, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 38:6029-44. 2010..In the nucleus, the kinase contributes to the expression of a subset of NF-κB-regulated genes, thus revealing a novel role of IKKε for the control of nuclear NF-κB activity...
- The role of TBK1 and IKKε in the expression and activation of Pellino 1Hilary Smith
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, The Sir James Black Centre, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
Biochem J 434:537-48. 2011..Thus IKKε/TBK1 mediate the activation of Pellino 1's E3 ligase activity, as well as inducing the transcription of its gene and protein expression in response to TLR3 and TLR4 agonists...
- Low-dose endotoxin induces inflammation by selectively removing nuclear receptors and activating CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein δUrmila Maitra
Department of Biological Sciences, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
J Immunol 186:4467-73. 2011..Taken together, these data reveal a distinct pathway preferentially used by low-dose endotoxin in initiating low-grade inflammation...