Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mylpf
Description: myosin light chain, phosphorylatable, fast skeletal muscle
Alias: 2410014J02Rik, MLC-2, Mlc2, myosin regulatory light chain 2, skeletal muscle isoform, MLC2F, fast skeletal myosin light chain 2, myosin light chain 2
- Deletion of Mylk1 in oocytes causes delayed morula-to-blastocyst transition and reduced fertility without affecting folliculogenesis and oocyte maturation in miceQiu Xia Liang
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Biol Reprod 92:97. 2015..Our findings provide evidence that MLCK is linked to timely blastocyst formation, though it is dispensable for oocyte meiotic maturation. ..
- The FgfrL1 receptor is required for development of slow muscle fibersRuth Amann
Department of Clinical Research, University of Bern, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Dev Biol 394:228-41. 2014..fibers, fast fibers do not appear to be affected as shown by expression of fast fiber markers Myh3, Myh8, Myl1 and MylPF. At early developmental stages (E10.5, E15.5), FgfrL1-deficient animals express slow fiber genes at normal levels...
- Overexpression of Six1 gene suppresses proliferation and enhances expression of fast-type muscle genes in C2C12 myoblastsWangjun Wu
Department of Animal Genetics, Breeding and Reproduction, College of Animal Science and Technology, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
Mol Cell Biochem 380:23-32. 2013..that Six1 overexpression could significantly promote the expression of fast-type muscle genes Atp2a1, Srl, and Mylpf. Furthermore, Six1 overexpressing C2C12 cells displayed a relative lower proliferative potential, and cell cycle ..
- During muscle atrophy, thick, but not thin, filament components are degraded by MuRF1-dependent ubiquitylationShenhav Cohen
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Cell Biol 185:1083-95. 2009..Because these proteins stabilize the thick filament, their selective ubiquitylation may facilitate thick filament disassembly. However, the thin filament components decreased by a mechanism not requiring MuRF1...
- Deciphering gene expression program of MAP3K1 in mouse eyelid morphogenesisChang Jin
Department of Environmental Health, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 3223 Eden Avenue, Kettering Laboratory, Suite 410, P O Box 670056, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0056, USA
Dev Biol 374:96-107. 2013..Using LCM and expression array, our studies have uncovered novel molecular signatures of MAP3K1 in embryonic eyelid closure...
- Non conservation of function for the evolutionarily conserved prdm1 protein in the control of the slow twitch myogenic program in the mouse embryoStephane D Vincent
Department of Developmental Biology, CNRS URA 2575, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Mol Biol Evol 29:3181-91. 2012....
- Differentially expressed genes in embryonic cardiac tissues of mice lacking Folr1 gene activityHuiping Zhu
Center for Environmental and Genetic Medicine, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
BMC Dev Biol 7:128. 2007..Defective function of the Folr1 (also known as Folbp1; homologue of human FRalpha) gene in mice results in inadequate transport, accumulation, or metabolism of folate during cardiovascular morphogenesis...
- MDR1 function is sensitive to the phosphorylation state of myosin regulatory light chainGaurav Bajaj
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 398:7-12. 2010....
- Six1 and Six4 gene expression is necessary to activate the fast-type muscle gene program in the mouse primary myotomeClaire Niro
Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, CNRS UMR 8104, Paris, France
Dev Biol 338:168-82. 2010..This in vivo wide transcriptomal analysis of the function of the master myogenic determinants, Six, identifies them as novel markers for the differential activation of a specific muscle program during mammalian somitic myogenesis...
- The fast skeletal muscle myosin light chain is differentially expressed in smooth muscle cells of OVA-challenged mouse tracheaHo Young Kim
Genome Research Center for Allergy and Respiratory Diseases, Soonchunhyang University Hospital, Bucheon 420 767, Korea
Mol Cells 25:78-85. 2008..The overexpression of skMLC in murine asthma may be associated with the changes of bronchial smooth muscle...
- Myosin light chain-2 luciferase transgenic mice reveal distinct regulatory programs for cardiac and skeletal muscle-specific expression of a single contractile protein geneK J Lee
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine, La Jolla 92093
J Biol Chem 267:15875-85. 1992....
- Fast skeletal muscle regulatory light chain is required for fast and slow skeletal muscle developmentYingcai Wang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, 1600 NW 10 Ave, Miami, FL 33136, USA
FASEB J 21:2205-14. 2007..and developmental significance of the fast skeletal isoform of the RLC (RLC-f), the murine fast skeletal RLC gene (Mylpf) was disrupted by homologous recombination...
- Human chromosome 21q22.2-qter carries a gene(s) responsible for downregulation of mlc2a and PEBP in Down syndrome model miceYasuhiro Kazuki
Department of Molecular and Cell Genetics, Graduate School of Medical Science, Tottori University, 86 Nishimachi, Yonago, Tottori 683 8503, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 317:491-9. 2004..Thus, this chromosome engineering technology is a useful tool for identification or mapping of genes that contribute to the DS phenotypes...
- Acceleration of somitic myogenesis in embryos of myogenin promoter-MRF4 transgenic miceN E Block
Neuromuscular Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown 02129, USA
Dev Dyn 207:382-94. 1996..MRF function, therefore, appears to be differentially regulated in dermatomal and myotomal cells...
- Remodeling the mammalian heart using transgenesisJ Palermo
Division of Molecular Cardiovascular Biology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Cell Mol Biol Res 41:501-9. 1995..we attempted to remodel the mouse myocardium by ectopically expressing a ventricular form of the myosin light chain 2 (MLC2v) in the atrium...
- The expression of the regulatory myosin light chain 2 gene during mouse embryogenesisA Faerman
Institute of Animal Science, ARO, Volcani Center, Bet Dagan, Israel
Development 118:919-29. 1993The fast skeletal muscle myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) gene is expressed specifically in skeletal muscles of newborn and adult mice, and has no detectable sequence homology with any of the other MLC genes including the slow cardiac MLC2 ..
- Construction of recombinant plasmids containing rat muscle actin and myosin light chain DNA sequencesD Katcoff
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 77:960-4. 1980..A fifth plasmid contains sequences complementary to mRNA coding for myosin light chain 2. DNA of this plasmid hybridizes specifically with RNA extracted from muscle and differentiated muscle ..
- The genes coding for the muscle contractile proteins, myosin heavy chain, myosin light chain 2, and skeletal muscle actin are located on three different mouse chromosomesH Czosnek
EMBO J 1:1299-305. 1982..All detectable myosin heavy chain genes are located on chromosome 11. The gene for the myosin light chain 2 is located on chromosome 7...
- Chromosomal distribution of genes coding for fast twitch skeletal muscle myosin light chainsH Czosnek
Somat Cell Mol Genet 11:533-40. 1985..muscle myosin light chains are encoded by a multigene family which comprises the gene coding for the myosin light chain 2 (Myl2f), and the gene coding for both myosin light chains 1 and 3 (Myl1f/Myl3f)...