Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nfkb2
Description: nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B cells 2, p49/p100
Alias: NF-kappaB2, lyt, p49, p49/p100, p50B, p52, nuclear factor NF-kappa-B p100 subunit, DNA-binding factor KBF2, NF kappaB2
Publications103 found, 100 shown here
- Analysis of an ethylnitrosourea-generated mouse mutation defines a cell intrinsic role of nuclear factor kappaB2 in regulating circulating B cell numbersLisa A Miosge
Australian Cancer Research Foundation Genetics Laboratory and Medical Genome Centre, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra ACT 2601, Australia
J Exp Med 196:1113-9. 2002..These findings establish the feasibility of analyzing immune regulation by genome wide mutant screens and demonstrates an intrinsic requirement for NF-kappaB2 in regulating circulating follicular B cell numbers...
- A transgenic model reveals important roles for the NF-kappa B alternative pathway (p100/p52) in mammary development and links to tumorigenesisLinda Connelly
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 282:10028-35. 2007..NF-kappaB pathway in ductal development and identify possible mediators of tumorigenesis downstream of p100/p52. By overexpressing the NF-kappaB p100/p52 subunit in mammary epithelium using the beta-lactoglobulin milk protein ..
- The tumor suppressor gene WWOX links the canonical and noncanonical NF-κB pathways in HTLV-I Tax-mediated tumorigenesisJing Fu
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA 15213, USA
Blood 117:1652-61. 2011..These data provide one important mechanism by which Tax coordinates the 2 NF-κB pathways for tumorigenesis. These data also suggest a novel role of WWOX in NF-κB regulation and viral tumorigenesis...
- 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3 targeting of NF-kappaB suppresses high glucose-induced MCP-1 expression in mesangial cellsZ Zhang
Department of Medicine and Committee on Molecular Metabolism and Nutrition, Division of Biological Sciences, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Kidney Int 72:193-201. 2007..Our results suggest that 1,25(OH)2D3 might block hyperglycemia-induced renal injury by blunting NF-kappaB activation...
- Nuclear factor-κB2/p100 promotes endometrial carcinoma cell survival under hypoxia in a HIF-1α independent mannerAndree Yeramian
Department of Pathology and Molecular Genetics, Laboratori de Recerca Biomèdica, Hospital Universitari Arnau de Vilanova, Institut de Recerca Biomedica de Lleida, Univeristy of Lleida, IRBLLEIDA, Lleida, Spain
Lab Invest 91:859-71. 2011..Post-radiation recurrences were highly hypoxic, with a higher expression of HIF-1α and also RelA (p65) and p52 when compared with primary EC. We next investigated the effects of hypoxia on EC cell lines...
- Cooperation of NF-kappaB2/p100 activation and the PDZ domain binding motif signal in human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 (HTLV-1) Tax1 but not HTLV-2 Tax2 is crucial for interleukin-2-independent growth transformation of a T-cell lineMasaya Higuchi
Division of Virology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 1 757 Asahimachi dori, Niigata 951 8510, Japan
J Virol 81:11900-7. 2007..with NF-kappaB2/p100 and activates it by inducing the cleavage of p100 into the active transcription factor p52. Using RNA interference methods, we further show that NF-kappaB2/p100 is required for the transformation induced by ..
- Expression of either NF-kappaB p50 or p52 in osteoclast precursors is required for IL-1-induced bone resorptionLianping Xing
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Bone Miner Res 18:260-9. 2003..Its expression is regulated by NF-kappaB and vice versa. To examine the role of NF-kappaB p50 and p52 (they are required for osteoclast formation during embryonic development) in IL-1-induced resorption, we used ..
- Rel/NF-kappa B/I kappa B family: intimate tales of association and dissociationI M Verma
Laboratory of Genetics, Salk Institute, San Diego, California 92186 5800, USA
Genes Dev 9:2723-35. 1995
- Constitutive expression of lymphoma-associated NFKB-2/Lyt-10 proteins is tumorigenic in murine fibroblastsP Ciana
Istituto di Scienze Mediche, Universita di Milano, Ospedale Maggiore IRCCS Milan, Italy
Oncogene 14:1805-10. 1997..Such mutant NFKB-2 proteins have lost the ability to repress transcription that is typical of NFKB-2 subunit p52, and function as constitutive transcriptional activators...
- Osteopetrosis in mice lacking NF-kappaB1 and NF-kappaB2V Iotsova
Department of Oncology, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Princeton, New Jersey 08543 4000, USA
Nat Med 3:1285-9. 1997The nfkb1 and nfkb2 genes encode closely related products regulating immune and inflammatory responses. Their role during development and differentiation remains unclear...
- Requirement for NF-kappaB in osteoclast and B-cell developmentG Franzoso
Laboratory of Immunoregulation, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Genes Dev 11:3482-96. 1997..We have generated mice deficient in both the p50 and p52 subunits of NF-kappaB to reveal critical functions that may be shared by these two highly homologous proteins...
- Mice deficient in nuclear factor (NF)-kappa B/p52 present with defects in humoral responses, germinal center reactions, and splenic microarchitectureG Franzoso
Laboratory of Immunoregulation, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 USA
J Exp Med 187:147-59. 1998b>p52 is a subunit of nuclear factor (NF)-kappa B transcription factors, most closely related to p50...
- NF-kappa B and Rel proteins: evolutionarily conserved mediators of immune responsesS Ghosh
Section of Immunobiology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Annu Rev Immunol 16:225-60. 1998..In this review, we discuss some of these recent findings and their implications for the study of NF-kappa B...
- Distinct activities of p52/NF-kappa B required for proper secondary lymphoid organ microarchitecture: functions enhanced by Bcl-3L Poljak
Laboratory of Immunoregulation, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 163:6581-8. 1999Mice rendered deficient in p52, a subunit of NF-kappa B, or in Bcl-3, an I kappa B-related regulator that associates with p52 homodimers, share defects in the microarchitecture of secondary lymphoid organs...
- Genetic approaches in mice to understand Rel/NF-kappaB and IkappaB function: transgenics and knockoutsS Gerondakis
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Post Office, The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Victoria 3050, Australia
Oncogene 18:6888-95. 1999..Future studies will no doubt focus on the effect of multiple gene disruptions of members of this signaling pathway, on tissue-specific disruptions of these genes, and on the use of these mice as models for human diseases...
- NF-kappaB-inducing kinase regulates the processing of NF-kappaB2 p100G Xiao
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Mol Cell 7:401-9. 2001Processing of the nf(kappa)b2 gene product p100 to generate p52 is an important step in NF-kappaB regulation...
- Abnormal organogenesis of Peyer's patches in mice deficient for NF-kappaB1, NF-kappaB2, and Bcl-3Stephan Paxian
Department of Internal Medicine I, Ulm University, Ulm, Germany
Gastroenterology 122:1853-68. 2002..Targeted disruption of these genes showed essential roles in lymphoid organ development and organization...
- BAFF-induced NEMO-independent processing of NF-kappa B2 in maturing B cellsEstefania Claudio
Laboratory of Immunoregulation, National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1876, USA
Nat Immunol 3:958-65. 2002..This NEMO-independent cascade is physiologically relevant for the survival and, hence, progression of maturing splenic B cells...
- Differential requirement for NF-kappa B family members in control of helminth infection and intestinal inflammationDavid Artis
Department of Pathobiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, 3800 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 169:4481-7. 2002..muris and the control of infection-induced intestinal inflammation...
- CD40 regulates the processing of NF-kappaB2 p100 to p52H J Coope
Divisions of Immune Cell Biology and Yeast Genetics, National Institute for Medical Research, London NW7 1AA, UK
EMBO J 21:5375-85. 2002The nf-kb2 gene encodes the cytoplasmic NF-kappaB inhibitory protein p100 from which the active p52 NF-kappaB subunit is derived by proteasome-mediated proteolysis. Ligands which stimulate p100 processing to p52 have not been defined...
- The lymphotoxin-beta receptor induces different patterns of gene expression via two NF-kappaB pathwaysEmmanuel Dejardin
Division of Cellular Immunology, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Immunity 17:525-35. 2002..ligation of this receptor induces the processing of the cytosolic NF-kappaB2/p100 precursor to yield the mature p52 subunit, followed by translocation of p52 to the nucleus...
- RelB is required for Peyer's patch development: differential regulation of p52-RelB by lymphotoxin and TNFZ Buket Yilmaz
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe, Institute of Toxicology and Genetics, D 76021 Karlsruhe, Germany
EMBO J 22:121-30. 2003Targeted disruption of the Rel/NF-kappaB family members NF-kappaB2, encoding p100/p52, and RelB in mice results in anatomical defects of secondary lymphoid tissues...
- RelB/p50 dimers are differentially regulated by tumor necrosis factor-alpha and lymphotoxin-beta receptor activation: critical roles for p100Emmanuel Derudder
Laboratoire Oncogenese, Differenciation et Transduction du Signal, CNRS UPR 9079, Institut Andre Lwoff, 7 rue Guy Moquet, 94801 Villejuif, France
J Biol Chem 278:23278-84. 2003..that the alternative NF-kappaB pathway based on p100 processing may account not only for the activation of RelB/p52 dimers but also for that of RelB/p50 dimers and that p100 regulates the binding activity of RelB/p50 dimers via at ..
- Regulation of secondary lymphoid organ development by the nuclear factor-kappaB signal transduction pathwayFalk Weih
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe, Institute of Toxicology and Genetics, Karlsruhe, Germany
Immunol Rev 195:91-105. 2003..that activation of the recently described alternative NF-kappaB pathway by membrane-bound lymphotoxin, via p52-RelB heterodimers, plays a major role during initiation steps of secondary lymphoid organ development...
- Unique CD40-mediated biological program in B cell activation requires both type 1 and type 2 NF-kappaB activation pathwaysBrian Zarnegar
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics, Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center and Molecular Biology Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:8108-13. 2004..Here, we have compared the contribution of the type 1 (p50-dependent) and type 2 (p52-dependent) NF-kappaB activation pathways to cell survival, proliferation, homotypic aggregation, and specific gene ..
- Activation of IKKalpha target genes depends on recognition of specific kappaB binding sites by RelB:p52 dimersGiuseppina Bonizzi
Laboratory of Gene Regulation and Signal Transduction, Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0636, USA
EMBO J 23:4202-10. 2004..This pathway, which activates RelB:p52 dimers, is required for induction of several chemokine genes needed for organization of secondary lymphoid organs...
- Essential role of IkappaB kinase alpha in the constitutive processing of NF-kappaB2 p100Guoliang Qing
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 604 Allison Rd, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
J Biol Chem 280:9765-8. 2005Processing of NF-kappaB2 precursor protein p100 to generate p52 is tightly controlled, which is important for proper function of NF-kappaB...
- Coordination between NF-kappaB family members p50 and p52 is essential for mediating LTbetaR signals in the development and organization of secondary lymphoid tissuesJames C Lo
Committee on Immunology and Department of Pathology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Blood 107:1048-55. 2006..and NF-kappaB-inducing kinase (NIK) to direct processing of the nfkappab2 protein p100 to yield RelB:p52 complexes. Despite the biochemical evidence, LT-, RelB-, p52-deficient mice show discrepant phenotypes...
- RelB/p52 NF-kappaB complexes rescue an early delay in mammary gland development in transgenic mice with targeted superrepressor IkappaB-alpha expression and promote carcinogenesis of the mammary glandElizabeth G Demicco
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:10136-47. 2005..5). Recovery correlated with induction of nuclear cyclin D1 and RelB/p52 NF-kappaB complexes...
- Rescue of TRAF3-null mice by p100 NF-kappa B deficiencyJeannie Q He
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Exp Med 203:2413-8. 2006..NF-kappaB complexes containing p50, and the noncanonical pathway, which involves the induced processing of p100 to p52 and the formation of NF-kappaB complexes containing p52 (Bonizzi, G., and M. Karin. 2004. Trends Immunol...
- Bim and Noxa are candidates to mediate the deleterious effect of the NF-kappa B subunit RelA in cerebral ischemiaIoana Inta
Department of Neurology, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Neurosci 26:12896-903. 2006..is functional in cerebral ischemia, we induced focal cerebral ischemia in mice with a germline deletion of the p52 or c-Rel gene or with a conditional deletion of RelA in the brain. Only RelA deficiency reduced infarct size...
- A fourth IkappaB protein within the NF-kappaB signaling moduleSoumen Basak
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Cell 128:369-81. 2007..Our results have important implications for physiological and pathological scenarios in which inflammatory and developmental signals converge...
- NF-kappaB p50 and p52 regulate receptor activator of NF-kappaB ligand (RANKL) and tumor necrosis factor-induced osteoclast precursor differentiation by activating c-Fos and NFATc1Teruhito Yamashita
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and Center for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 282:18245-53. 2007..Osteoclast formation induced by these cytokines requires NF-kappaB p50 and p52, c-Fos, and NFATc1 expression in osteoclast precursors...
- Constitutive alternative NF-kappaB signaling promotes marginal zone B-cell development but disrupts the marginal sinus and induces HEV-like structures in the spleenFeng Guo
Leibniz Institute for Age Research, Fritz Lipmann Institute, Jena, Germany
Blood 110:2381-9. 2007..In contrast to nfkb2(-/-) mice, which lack both p100 and p52, mice that lack only the inhibitory p100 precursor but still express the ..
- A novel mutation in the Nfkb2 gene generates an NF-kappa B2 "super repressor"Elena Tucker
St Vincent s Institute, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
J Immunol 179:7514-22. 2007..We have generated mice harboring a novel mutation in Nfkb2 that prevents the processing of the inhibitory precursor, p100, into the active subunit, p52...
- Constitutive production of NF-kappaB2 p52 is not tumorigenic but predisposes mice to inflammatory autoimmune disease by repressing Bim expressionZhe Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Cancer Biology, College of Medicine, University of Toledo Health Science Campus, Toledo, Ohio 43614, USA
J Biol Chem 283:10698-706. 2008Normal development of the immune system requires regulated processing of NF-kappaB2 p100 to p52, which activates NF-kappaB2 signaling...
- RelB is the NF-kappaB subunit downstream of NIK responsible for osteoclast differentiationSergio Vaira
Division of Bone and Mineral Diseases, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:3897-902. 2008..Thus, the alternative NF-kappaB pathway, culminating in activation of RelB, has a key and specific role in the differentiation of OCs that cannot be compensated for by p65...
- Lack of nuclear factor-kappa B2/p100 causes a RelB-dependent block in early B lymphopoiesisFeng Guo
Research Group Immunology, Leibniz Institute for Age Research Fritz Lipmann Institute, Jena, Germany
Blood 112:551-9. 2008..Thus, tightly controlled p100 processing and RelB activation is essential for normal B lymphopoiesis and lymphoid/myeloid lineage decision in bone marrow...
- Dendritic cells require the NF-kappaB2 pathway for cross-presentation of soluble antigensEvan F Lind
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Dartmouth Medical School and the Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
J Immunol 181:354-63. 2008..These experiments indicate a possible role for NIK in mediating cross-priming of soluble Ag. In addition, our findings explain the profound immune unresponsiveness of the Aly mouse...
- Tonic B cell antigen receptor signals supply an NF-kappaB substrate for prosurvival BLyS signalingJason E Stadanlick
Deparment of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nat Immunol 9:1379-87. 2008..Our findings identify a molecular mechanism for the reliance of primary B cells on continuous BR3 and BCR signaling, as well as for the gradual resistance to negative selection that is acquired during B cell maturation...
- NF-kappaB p100 limits TNF-induced bone resorption in mice by a TRAF3-dependent mechanismZhenqiang Yao
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Clin Invest 119:3024-34. 2009..activate the alternative NF-kappaB pathway efficiently to process the IkappaB protein NF-kappaB p100 to NF-kappaB p52, nor does it appear to induce osteoclast formation in vivo in the absence of RANKL...
- IKKbeta activation is sufficient for RANK-independent osteoclast differentiation and osteolysisJesse E Otero
Department of Orthopedics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Bone Miner Res 25:1282-94. 2010..Our data establish the sufficiency of IKKbeta activation for osteolysis and suggest that IKKbeta hyperactivation may play a role in conditions of pathologic bone destruction refractory to RANK/RANKL proximal therapeutic interventions...
- Gastric hyperplasia and increased proliferative responses of lymphocytes in mice lacking the COOH-terminal ankyrin domain of NF-kappaB2H Ishikawa
The Department of Oncology, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Princeton, New Jersey 08543 4000, USA
J Exp Med 186:999-1014. 1997The nfkb2 gene encodes the p100 precursor which produces the p52 protein after proteolytic cleavage of its COOH-terminal domain...
- Nuclear factor (NF)-kappa B2 (p100/p52) is required for normal splenic microarchitecture and B cell-mediated immune responsesJ H Caamaño
Department of Oncology, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Princeton, New Jersey 08543 4000, USA
J Exp Med 187:185-96. 1998The nfkb2 gene is a member of the Rel/NF-kappa B family of transcription factors...
- The IkappaB function of NF-kappaB2 p100 controls stimulated osteoclastogenesisDeborah Veis Novack
Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Ave, Box 8301, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Exp Med 198:771-81. 2003..of the NF-kappaB and IkappaB families, potentially serving as both the precursor for the active NF-kappaB subunit p52 and as an IkappaB capable of retaining NF-kappaB in the cytoplasm...
- Osteoclast precursor interaction with bone matrix induces osteoclast formation directly by an interleukin-1-mediated autocrine mechanismZhenqiang Yao
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 283:9917-24. 2008..TNF could induce c-Fos expression in OCPs at sites of inflammation in bone to promote this autocrine mechanism and thus amplify bone loss...
- Control of canonical NF-kappaB activation through the NIK-IKK complex pathwayBrian Zarnegar
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:3503-8. 2008..two separate and distinct NF-kappaB activation pathways that result in the differential activation of p50- or p52-containing NF-kappaB complexes...
- Genomic organization and chromosomal mapping of mouse nuclear factor kappa B 2 (NFKB2)S Paxian
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Ulm, Robert Koch Str 8, D 89081 Ulm, Germany
Immunogenetics 49:743-50. 1999b>NFKB2 is a member of the NFKB/Rel gene family, which is known to be a pivotal regulator of the acute phase and immune responses...
- Cooperation of TLR12 and TLR11 in the IRF8-dependent IL-12 response to Toxoplasma gondii profilinMegan Raetz
Department of Immunology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390
J Immunol 191:4818-27. 2013..These results suggest a central role for IFN regulatory factor 8-expressing CD8(+) DCs in governing the TLR11- and TLR12-mediated host defense against T. gondii. ..
- Noncanonical NF-κB pathway controls the production of type I interferons in antiviral innate immunityJin Jin
Department of Immunology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Immunity 40:342-54. 2014..These findings reveal an unexpected function of the noncanonical NF-κB pathway and highlight an important mechanism regulating antiviral innate immunity. ..
- The restrained expression of NF-kB in renal tissue ameliorates folic acid induced acute kidney injury in miceDev Kumar
Department of Biochemistry, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
PLoS ONE 10:e115947. 2015..In conclusion, our results suggested that NF-kB plays a pivotal role in maintaining renal function that also involved regulating p53 levels during FA AKI. ..
- Impact of loss of NF-κB1, NF-κB2 or c-REL on SLE-like autoimmune disease and lymphadenopathy in Fas(lpr/lpr) mutant miceJ T Low
Molecular Genetics of Cancer Division, The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Immunol Cell Biol 94:66-78. 2016..Interestingly, compared with the Fas(lpr/lpr) animals, Fas(lpr/lpr)nfkb2(-/-) mice presented with a dramatic acceleration and augmentation of lymphadenopathy that was accompanied by ..
- Multiple signals converging on NF-kappaBF Mercurio
Signal Pharmaceuticals Inc, 5555 Oberlin Drive, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Curr Opin Cell Biol 11:226-32. 1999..These studies suggest a basis for specificity in activation of specific Rel-related family members and the genetic responses they promote...
- Differential requirement for Rel/nuclear factor kappa B family members in natural killer T cell developmentVallabhapurapu Sivakumar
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe, Institute of Toxicology and Genetics, 76021 Karlsruhe, Germany
J Exp Med 197:1613-21. 2003..Thus, distinct Rel/NF-kappa B family members in hematopoietic and nonhematopoietic cells regulate NKT cell development with a unique requirement for NIK-mediated activation of RelB in thymic stroma...
- NF-kappaB2 is required for the control of autoimmunity by regulating the development of medullary thymic epithelial cellsBaochun Zhang
Department of Biochemistry and Cancer Biology, Medical University of Ohio, 3035 Arlington Avenue, Toledo, OH 43614, USA
J Biol Chem 281:38617-24. 2006..These findings identify a physiological function of NF-kappaB2 in the development of medullary thymic epithelial cells and, thus, the control of self-tolerance induction...
- NF-kappa B p50/p65 affects the frequency of Ly49 gene expression by NK cellsVeronique Pascal
Cancer and Inflammation Program, Laboratory of Experimental Immunology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Immunol 179:1751-9. 2007..The frequency of Ly49 expression in NF-kappaB/p52 null mice is slightly increased, indicating the specific role of NF-kappaB/p50 in Ly49 gene activation...
- B cell receptor-mediated sustained c-Rel activation facilitates late transitional B cell survival through control of B cell activating factor receptor and NF-kappaB2Iris Castro
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
J Immunol 182:7729-37. 2009..Thus, acquisition of resistance to apoptosis during transitional B cell maturation is achieved by integration of BCR and BAFF-R signals...
- Inhibitor of NF-kappa B kinases alpha and beta are both essential for high mobility group box 1-mediated chemotaxis [corrected]Marianna Penzo
Vita Salute San Raffaele University, School of Medicine, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milano, Italy
J Immunol 184:4497-509. 2010..In addition, HMGB1 modestly induces noncanonical IKKalpha-dependent p52 nuclear translocation and p52/RelB target gene expression...
- A cell cycle regulatory network controlling NF-kappaB subunit activity and functionBenjamin Barré
Division of Gene Regulation and Expression, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, UK
EMBO J 26:4841-55. 2007..These data reveal a complex regulatory network integrating NF-kappaB with the DNA-replication checkpoint and the expression of critical regulators of cell proliferation...
- Accumulation of p100, a precursor of NF-κB2, enhances osteoblastic differentiation in vitro and bone formation in vivo in aly/aly miceYoshinori Seo
Division of Molecular Signaling and Biochemistry, Department of Bioscience, Kyushu Dental College, 2 6 1 Manazuru, Kokurakita ku, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka, Japan
Mol Endocrinol 26:414-22. 2012..a natural loss-of-function mutation in the Nik gene, which encodes a kinase essential for the processing of p100 to p52 in the alternative nuclear factor-κB (NF-κB) pathway, show mild osteopetrosis with an increase in several ..
- The IKKα-dependent NF-κB p52/RelB noncanonical pathway is essential to sustain a CXCL12 autocrine loop in cells migrating in response to HMGB1Richard R Kew
Department of Pathology, Stony Brook University Medical Center, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
J Immunol 188:2380-6. 2012..In this study, we show that the IKKα-dependent p52/RelB noncanonical pathway is critical to sustain CXCL12/SDF1 production in order for cells to migrate toward HMGB1...
- Expression and subcellular distribution of rel/NF kappa B transcription factors in the preimplantation mouse embryo: novel kappa B binding activities in the blastocyst stage embryoJ N Parrott
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, UK
Zygote 6:249-60. 1998..However, novel kappa B-binding proteins are found in the mouse blastocyst and may provide an alternative mechanism for regulation of gene expression via the kappa B motif in the early mouse embryo...
- A mouse chromosome 19 genetic map including the Lvis1 viral insertion siteG M Hansen
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Genomics 56:228-31. 1999..localizing Lvis1 relative to 20 gene and microsatellite markers, 3 of which have not been mapped in the mouse (Nfkb2, Nlz, and Wnt8b)...
- The NF-kappaB/Rel family of transcription factors in oncogenic transformation and apoptosisR de Martin
Department of Vascular Biology and Thrombosis Research, University of Vienna, Vienna International Research Cooperation Center VIRCC, Brunnerstr 59, A 1235, Vienna, Austria
Mutat Res 437:231-43. 1999..Thus, NF-kappaB has emerged also as an attractive target for therapeutic interference in a variety of pathological situations, including chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, HIV infection and cancer...
- NF-kappaB p50 and p52 expression is not required for RANK-expressing osteoclast progenitor formation but is essential for RANK- and cytokine-mediated osteoclastogenesisLianping Xing
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, New York 14642, USA
J Bone Miner Res 17:1200-10. 2002Expression of RANKL by stromal cells and of RANK and both NF-kappaB p50 and p52 by osteoclast precursors is essential for osteoclast formation...
- BAFF/BLyS receptor 3 binds the B cell survival factor BAFF ligand through a discrete surface loop and promotes processing of NF-kappaB2Nobuhiko Kayagaki
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Immunity 17:515-24. 2002..We show that BR3 signaling promotes processing of the transcription factor NF-kappaB2/p100 to p52. NF-kappaB2/p100 cleavage was abrogated in B cells from A/WySnJ mice possessing a mutant BR3 gene, but not in TACI ..
- NF-kappa B2 p100 is a pro-apoptotic protein with anti-oncogenic functionYongqing Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical College of Ohio, 3035 Arlington Avenue, Toledo, OH 43614, USA
Nat Cell Biol 4:888-93. 2002..These observations thus identify an I kappa B-independent apoptotic activity of NF-kappa B2 p100 and help explain its unique tumour suppressor role...
- Susceptibility to tuberculosis: a locus on mouse chromosome 19 (Trl-4) regulates Mycobacterium tuberculosis replication in the lungsLoukia Maria Mitsos
Department of Biochemistry, Center for Host Resistance, and Cancer Center, McGill University, Montreal, PQ, Canada H3G 1Y6
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:6610-5. 2003..These results suggest a strong genetic interaction between Trl-3 and Trl-4 in regulating pulmonary replication of M. tuberculosis...
- Distinctions between c-Rel and other NF-kappaB proteins in immunity and diseaseHsiou Chi Liou
Department of Medicine, Division of Immunology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 515 East 71 Street, S 210, New York, NY 10021, USA
Bioessays 25:767-80. 2003..The study of c-Rel knockout mice in several disease models will also be discussed as they reveal an important role for c-Rel in response to allergens, auto-antigens, allo-antigens and pathogenic infection...
- Regulation of NF-kappaB2/p100 processing by its nuclear shuttlingGongxian Liao
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, 500 University Dr, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Oncogene 22:4868-74. 2003Processing of the NF-kappaB2 precursor protein p100 to generate p52 is an important step of NF-kappaB regulation. This proteolytic event is tightly regulated by sequences located at the C-terminal portion of p100...
- Cutting edge: NF-kappa B2 is a negative regulator of dendritic cell functionKendra Speirs
Department of Pathobiology, University of Pennsylvania, 3800 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 172:752-6. 2004..These studies identify a novel role for NF-kappaB2 in the negative regulation of RelB-induced DC maturation, with critical consequences for the regulation of adaptive immune responses...
- BCL-3 and NF-kappaB p50 attenuate lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammatory responses in macrophagesJennifer Wessells
Laboratory of Protein Dynamics and Signaling, NCI Frederick, Frederick, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
J Biol Chem 279:49995-50003. 2004..we have investigated the inhibitory role of BCL-3, an IkappaB-like protein that interacts exclusively with p50 and p52 homodimers. BCL-3 was induced by LPS with delayed kinetics and was associated with p50 in the nucleus...
- CD14-dependent modulation of NF-kappaB alternative splicing in the lung after burn injuryHo H Phan
Department of Surgery, University of California at Davis and Burn Research, Shriners Hospitals for Children Northern California, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Gene 371:121-9. 2006..Furthermore, the CD14-mediated LPS signaling pathway may play a role in the regulation of NF-kappaB alternative splicing in the lungs after injury...
- Akt regulates basal and induced processing of NF-kappaB2 (p100) to p52Jason A Gustin
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 281:16473-81. 2006..IKKalpha activates a non-canonical NF-kappaB pathway in which p100 (NF-kappaB2) is processed to p52. Once produced, p52 can enter the nucleus and induce genes important to adaptive immunity...
- Regulation of naive T cell function by the NF-kappaB2 pathwayNaozumi Ishimaru
The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nat Immunol 7:763-72. 2006..Biochemical studies indicated involvement of a cell-intrinsic mechanism in which NF-kappaB2 (p100) limits nuclear translocation of NF-kappaB1-RelA and thereby functions as a regulatory 'brake' for the activation of naive T cells...
- Alternative and classical NF-kappa B signaling retain autoreactive B cells in the splenic marginal zone and result in lupus-like diseaseThomas Enzler
Laboratory of Gene Regulation and Signal Transduction, Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Immunity 25:403-15. 2006..Thus, both classical and alternative NF-kappaB signaling are important for development of lupus-like disease associated with BAFF overproduction. The same mechanisms may be involved in the pathogenesis of human SLE...
- NF-kappaB2 is required for the establishment of central tolerance through an Aire-dependent pathwayMingzhao Zhu
Department of Pathology and Committee on Immunology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Clin Invest 116:2964-71. 2006..We further demonstrated that NF-kappaB2 was required for thymic Aire gene transcriptional regulation. The Nfkb2(-/-) thymus had distinct cortical and medullar structures, but reduced Aire and target gene expression of ..
- Disruption of palladin leads to defects in definitive erythropoiesis by interfering with erythroblastic island formation in mouse fetal liverXue Song Liu
Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Department of Medical Genetics, Institute of Health Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, PR China
Blood 110:870-6. 2007..These data demonstrate that palladin is crucial for definitive erythropoiesis and erythroblastic island formation and, especially, required for normal function of macrophages in fetal liver...
- Alteration of NF-kappaB activity leads to mitochondrial apoptosis after infection with pathological prion proteinSoizic Bourteele
Friedrich Loeffler Institut, Federal Research Institute for Animals Health, Institute of Immunology Tübingen, Germany
Cell Microbiol 9:2202-17. 2007..Additionally, we investigated the role of NF-kappaB after prion infection of Nfkb1(-/-), Nfkb2(-/-) and Bcl3(-/-) mice and central nervous system-specific p65-deleted mice revealing an accelerated prion ..
- Lipopolysaccharide from Salmonella enterica activates NF-kappaB through both classical and alternative pathways in primary B LymphocytesVongthip Souvannavong
CNRS, Institut de Biochimie Biophysique Moléculaire et Cellulaire, UMR 8619, Universite Paris Sud, Bat 430, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Infect Immun 75:4998-5003. 2007..In addition, we observed that LPS triggered the processing of NF-kappaB p105 to p50 and that of NF-kappaB p100 to p52 in parallel with nuclear translocation of active p50 and p52, as NF-kappaBp50/RelA and NF-kappaBp52/RelB ..
- A role for the IkappaB family member Bcl-3 in the control of central immunologic toleranceXiaoren Zhang
Laboratory of Immunoregulation, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Immunity 27:438-52. 2007..These data reveal extensive utilization of the NF-kappaB system to promote central tolerance in the thymus, in apparent contrast with the well-known roles of NF-kappaB to promote inflammation and autoimmunity in the periphery...
- Motif module map reveals enforcement of aging by continual NF-kappaB activityAdam S Adler
Program in Epithelial Biology and Cancer Biology Program, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Genes Dev 21:3244-57. 2007..These results identify a conserved network of regulatory pathways underlying mammalian aging and show that NF-kappaB is continually required to enforce many features of aging in a tissue-specific manner...
- IKK/NF-kappaB regulates skeletal myogenesis via a signaling switch to inhibit differentiation and promote mitochondrial biogenesisNadine Bakkar
Human Cancer Genetics Program, Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Cell Biol 180:787-802. 2008..classical NF-kappaB signaling decreases, whereas the induction of alternative members IKKalpha, RelB, and p52 occurs late in myogenesis...
- Fatty acid-induced induction of Toll-like receptor-4/nuclear factor-kappaB pathway in adipocytes links nutritional signalling with innate immunityAndreas Schaeffler
Department of Internal Medicine I, Regensburg University Hospital, Regensburg, Germany
Immunology 126:233-45. 2009..Adipose tissue mRNA expression and serum levels of adipokines did not differ in rats fed a high-fat diet. These data provide a new molecular mechanism by which fatty acids can link nutrition with innate immunity...
- Reduced thymic Aire expression and abnormal NF-kappa B2 signaling in a model of systemic autoimmunityAnne L Fletcher
Immune Regeneration Laboratory, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
J Immunol 182:2690-9. 2009....
- Loss of negative feedback control of nuclear factor-kappaB2 activity in lymphocytes leads to fatal lung inflammationLiqun Yang
Department of Biochemistry and Cancer Biology, University of Toledo Health Science Campus, Toledo, Ohio, USA
Am J Pathol 176:2646-57. 2010..processing of the nuclear factor (NF)-kappaB2 precursor protein p100 generates the active NF-kappaB2 subunit p52, which in turn transcriptionally up-regulates p100 expression...
- Myc suppression of Nfkb2 accelerates lymphomagenesisUlrich Keller
III Medical Department, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
BMC Cancer 10:348. 2010..The Rel/NF-kappaB family member NFKB2 is altered by chromosomal translocations or deletions in lymphoid malignancies and deletion of the C-terminal ..
- RelA and RelB transcription factors in distinct thymocyte populations control lymphotoxin-dependent interleukin-17 production in γδ T cellsIwona Powolny-Budnicka
Immunology Group, Leibniz Institute for Age Research Fritz Lipmann Institute, Beutenbergstrasse 11, 07745 Jena, Germany
Immunity 34:364-74. 2011..Thus, RelA and RelB within different thymocyte subpopulations cooperate in the regulation of IL-17 production by γδ T cells and contribute to the host's ability to fight bacterial infections...
- Trophoblast giant cells express NF-kappa B2 during early mouse developmentA Muggia
Dipartimento di Genetica e Biologia dei Microrganismi dell Università di Milano, Italy
Dev Genet 25:23-30. 1999..the NF-kappa B family could play a role in early mammalian development, we have analyzed the expression of nfkb1, nfkb2, c-Rel, RelA, RelB, and bcl-3 from 6.5- to 10.5-day mouse embryo implantation sites...
- Role of TNF ligand and receptor family in the lymphoid organogenesis defined by gene targetingM Matsumoto
Division of Informative Cytology, University of Tokushima, Japan
J Med Invest 46:141-50. 1999....
- Identification of a role for NF-kappa B2 in the regulation of apoptosis and in maintenance of T cell-mediated immunity to Toxoplasma gondiiJ Caamano
Medical Research Council Centre for Immune Regulation, School of Medicine, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
J Immunol 165:5720-8. 2000..Together, these results suggest a role for NF-kappaB(2) in the regulation of lymphocyte apoptosis and a unique role for this transcription factor in maintenance of T cell responses required for long-term resistance to T. gondii...
- A double-deletion mutation in the Pitx3 gene causes arrested lens development in aphakia miceD K Rieger
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts, 02115, USA
Genomics 72:61-72. 2001..We conclude that the ak mutation consists of two deletions, the larger of which removes part of Pitx3, indicating a crucial role of this gene in early lens development...
- NF-kappa B2 is required for optimal CD40-induced IL-12 production but dispensable for Th1 cell DifferentiationKendra Speirs
Department of Pathobiology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 168:4406-13. 2002..major is the result of an IL-12 deficiency, and we provide evidence for a specific impairment in CD40-induced IL-12 production by macrophages lacking this transcription factor...
- NF-kappaB specifically activates BMP-2 gene expression in growth plate chondrocytes in vivo and in a chondrocyte cell line in vitroJian Q Feng
Department of Oral Biology, School of Dentistry, University of Missouri, Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
J Biol Chem 278:29130-5. 2003..these findings, expression of BMP-2 mRNA was significantly reduced in growth plate chondrocytes in NF-kappaB p50/p52 dKO mice, which associated with decreased numbers of 5-bromo-2'-deoxyuridine (BrdUrd)-positive cells in the ..
- Critical role of RelB serine 368 for dimerization and p100 stabilizationHarald Jakob Maier
Department of Physiological Chemistry, Ulm University, Ulm 89081, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:39242-50. 2003..We further demonstrate that expression of functional RelB, but not of serine 368 mutants, severely reduces p52 generation and strongly increases expression of the p52 precursor, p100...
- NFkappaB1/p50 is not required for tumor necrosis factor-stimulated growth of primary mammary epithelial cells: implications for NFkappaB2/p52 and RelBJiping Zhang
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Endocrinology 148:268-78. 2007..TNF induced the formation of DNA-binding complexes of p50 and p52 with their coactivator bcl3 in MEC nuclear extracts...
- Fucoidan prevents C epsilon germline transcription and NFkappaB p52 translocation for IgE production in B cellsSouichi Oomizu
Hiroshima Prefectural Institute of Industrial Science and Technology, Higashi Hiroshima, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 350:501-7. 2006..25, 2.5 microg/ml), regardless of the IL-4 concentrations. Moreover, nuclear translocation of NFkappaB p52, but neither that of NFkappaB p65, nor the phosphorylation of JAK1 and STAT6 was reduced by fucoidan...
- Proteasome-dependent autoregulation of Bruton tyrosine kinase (Btk) promoter via NF-kappaBLiang Yu
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Clinical Research Center, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Blood 111:4617-26. 2008..We also demonstrate that Btk induces NF-kappaB activity in mice. Collectively, we show that Btk uses a positive autoregulatory feedback mechanism to stimulate transcription from its own promoter via NF-kappaB...
- VEGF-C, a lymphatic growth factor, is a RANKL target gene in osteoclasts that enhances osteoclastic bone resorption through an autocrine mechanismQian Zhang
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 283:13491-9. 2008..by culturing splenocytes with macrophage colony-stimulating factor and RANKL from wild-type, NF-kappaBp50(-/-)/p52(-/-), and Src(-/-) mice...
- SUMO1 modification of NF-kappaB2/p100 is essential for stimuli-induced p100 phosphorylation and processingJaya Vatsyayan
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 19014, USA
EMBO Rep 9:885-90. 2008..the alternative nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB) pathway requires NF-kappaB2/p100 processing to generate p52. In most cases, stimuli-induced p100 processing is dependent on NF-kappaB-inducing kinase/IkappaB kinase alpha-..
- The Nfkb1 and Nfkb2 proteins p105 and p100 function as the core of high-molecular-weight heterogeneous complexesOlga V Savinova
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Mol Cell 34:591-602. 2009Nfkb1 and Nfkb2 proteins p105 and p100 serve both as NF-kappaB precursors and inhibitors of NF-kappaB dimers...
- NF-kappaB: Biology and PathologySankar Ghosh; Fiscal Year: 2004..Students will greatly benefit from exposure to many different biological processes, diseases and scientific approaches. ..
- Role of NIK in OsteoclastogenesisDeborah Novack; Fiscal Year: 2005..Mice deficient in RANKL, RANK, or both the p50 and p52 subunits of NF-kB lack OCs, establishing the central role for the RANKL/RANK/NF-kB pathway of osteoclastogenesis (..
- Subversion of innate immune responses by BrucellaSankar Ghosh; Fiscal Year: 2006..We are therefore proposing to characterize the role of TIRB in Brucella infection and we believe that our studies will help in the future development of therapeutic strategies, including vaccination, against human infection by Brucella. ..