Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Notch1
Description: notch 1
Alias: 9930111A19Rik, Mis6, Tan1, lin-12, neurogenic locus notch homolog protein 1, Motch A, Notch gene homolog 1, mT14, major type A protein, p300, transmembrane receptor Notch1
Publications189 found, 100 shown here
- Notch regulates cell fate and dendrite morphology of newborn neurons in the postnatal dentate gyrusJoshua J Breunig
Department of Neurobiology, Kavli Institute for Neuroscience, and Child Study Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:20558-63. 2007..Expression of Notch1 was found to change dynamically depending on the differentiation state of neural precursor cells...
- Notch1 is essential for postimplantation development in miceP J Swiatek
Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Roche Research Center, Nutley, New Jersey 07110
Genes Dev 8:707-19. 1994..To examine the in vivo role of the Notch1 gene, a mouse homolog of Notch, a mutation was introduced by targeted disruption in embryonic stem cells, and ..
- Notch1 augments NF-kappaB activity by facilitating its nuclear retentionHyun Mu Shin
Molecular and Cellular Biology Program, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
EMBO J 25:129-38. 2006b>Notch1 specifically upregulates expression of the cytokine interferon-gamma in peripheral T cells through activation of NF-kappaB. However, how Notch mediates NF-kappaB activation remains unclear...
- Notch signaling maintains bone marrow mesenchymal progenitors by suppressing osteoblast differentiationMatthew J Hilton
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Nat Med 14:306-14. 2008..Thus, mesenchymal progenitors may be expanded in vitro by activating the Notch pathway, whereas bone formation in vivo may be enhanced by transiently suppressing this pathway...
- Growth suppression of pre-T acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells by inhibition of notch signalingAndrew P Weng
Departments of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School Department of Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:655-64. 2003..here that the blockade of Notch signaling at two independent steps suppresses the growth and survival of NOTCH1-transformed T-ALL cells...
- The intracellular domain of mouse Notch: a constitutively activated repressor of myogenesis directed at the basic helix-loop-helix region of MyoDR Kopan
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Seattle, WA 98104
Development 120:2385-96. 1994..Additional experiments show that the CDC10/SWI6/ankyrin repeats are also necessary for myogenic inhibition...
- Epidermal Notch1 loss promotes skin tumorigenesis by impacting the stromal microenvironmentShadmehr Demehri
Department of Developmental Biology, Division of Dermatology, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO 63110 1095, USA
Cancer Cell 16:55-66. 2009b>Notch1 is a proto-oncogene in several organs. In the skin, however, Notch1 deletion leads to tumor formation, suggesting that Notch1 is a "tumor suppressor" within this context...
- A presenilin-1-dependent gamma-secretase-like protease mediates release of Notch intracellular domainB De Strooper
Neuronal Cell Biology and Gene Transfer Laboratory, Flanders Institute for Biotechnology VIB4, Center for Human Genetics, KU Leuven, Belgium
Nature 398:518-22. 1999..Thus the targeting of gamma-secretase for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease may risk toxicity caused by reduced Notch signalling...
- Mutations in NOTCH1 cause aortic valve diseaseVidu Garg
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9148, USA
Nature 437:270-4. 2005..Here, we show that mutations in the signalling and transcriptional regulator NOTCH1 cause a spectrum of developmental aortic valve anomalies and severe valve calcification in non-syndromic autosomal-..
- Disrupted cardiac development but normal hematopoiesis in mice deficient in the second CXCL12/SDF-1 receptor, CXCR7Frederic Sierro
Department of Immunology and Inflammation, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, 384 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst NSW 2010, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:14759-64. 2007..Our results reveal a specialized role for CXCR7 in endothelial biology and valve development and highlight the distinct developmental role of evolutionary conserved chemokine receptors such as CXCR7 and CXCR4...
- Activating Notch1 mutations in mouse models of T-ALLJennifer O'Neil
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 107:781-5. 2006..have demonstrated that most patients with T-cell acute lymphocytic leukemia (T-ALL) have activating mutations in NOTCH1. We sought to determine whether these mutations are also acquired in mouse models of T-ALL...
- NOTCH1 regulates osteoclastogenesis directly in osteoclast precursors and indirectly via osteoblast lineage cellsShuting Bai
Departments of Pathology and Immunology, Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, and Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 283:6509-18. 2008..First, deletion of Notch1-3 in bone marrow macrophages directly promotes their commitment to the osteoclast phenotype...
- Impaired embryonic haematopoiesis yet normal arterial development in the absence of the Notch ligand Jagged1Alex Robert-Moreno
Centre Oncologia Molecular, IDIBELL, Gran Via km 2 7 Hospitalet, Barcelona, Spain
EMBO J 27:1886-95. 2008Specific deletion of Notch1 and RBPjkappa in the mouse results in abrogation of definitive haematopoiesis concomitant with the loss of arterial identity at embryonic stage...
- Interaction with factor inhibiting HIF-1 defines an additional mode of cross-coupling between the Notch and hypoxia signaling pathwaysXiaofeng Zheng
Departments of Cell and Molecular Biology and Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:3368-73. 2008..In conclusion, the data reveal posttranslational modification of the activated form of the Notch receptor and an intricate mode of cross-coupling between the Notch and hypoxia signaling pathways...
- Involvement of RBP-J in biological functions of mouse Notch1 and its derivativesH Kato
Department of Medical Chemistry, Kyoto University Faculty of Medicine, Japan
Development 124:4133-41. 1997Notch is involved in the cell fate determination of many cell lineages. The intracellular region (RAMIC) of Notch1 transactivates genes by interaction with a DNA binding protein RBP-J...
- Notch signaling is a direct determinant of keratinocyte growth arrest and entry into differentiationA Rangarajan
Cutaneous Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA, USA
EMBO J 20:3427-36. 2001..We show that keratinocyte-specific deletion of the Notch1 gene results in marked epidermal hyperplasia and deregulated expression of multiple differentiation markers...
- Notch inhibits osteoblast differentiation and causes osteopeniaStefano Zanotti
Department of Research, Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, 114 Woodland Street, Hartford, Connecticut 06105 1299, USA
Endocrinology 149:3890-9. 2008..NICD impaired osteoblastogenesis and inhibited Wnt/beta-catenin signaling. To determine the effects of notch1 deletion in vivo, mice in which notch1 was flanked by lox(P) sequences (notch1(loxP/loxP)) were mated with mice ..
- Down-regulation of Notch signaling during corneal epithelial proliferationA R Djalilian
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Mol Vis 14:1041-9. 2008..We evaluated the expression and activation of Notch pathway genes in the adult human and murine corneal epithelium during proliferation...
- Analysis of Ripply1/2-deficient mouse embryos reveals a mechanism underlying the rostro-caudal patterning within a somiteJun Takahashi
Okazaki Institute for Integrative Biosciences, National Institutes of Natural Sciences, Okazaki, Aichi, Japan
Dev Biol 342:134-45. 2010..We propose that the rostro-caudal pattern is established by dynamic interaction of Notch activity with two Mesp2 domains, which are defined in successive segmentation cycles by Notch, Tbx6 and Ripply1/2...
- Requirement of Math1 for secretory cell lineage commitment in the mouse intestineQ Yang
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Science 294:2155-8. 2001..The continuous rapid renewal of these cells makes the intestinal epithelium a model system for the study of stem cell regeneration and lineage commitment...
- Notch activation induces apoptosis in neural progenitor cells through a p53-dependent pathwayXudong Yang
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Biol 269:81-94. 2004..We show that conditional expression of a constitutively active form of Notch1 in early neural progenitor cells, but not postmitotic neurons, selectively induces extensive apoptosis, resulting ..
- Quantitative dissection of the Notch:CSL interaction: insights into the Notch-mediated transcriptional switchOlga Y Lubman
T C Jenkins Department of Biophysics, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Mol Biol 365:577-89. 2007..To understand how NICD displaces CSL-associated co-repressors, we have quantified the binding of different Notch1 ICD regions to a key interaction domain (the beta trefoil domain, or BTD) of human CSL...
- Atopic dermatitis-like disease and associated lethal myeloproliferative disorder arise from loss of Notch signaling in the murine skinAlexis Dumortier
Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne EPFL SV ISREC, Lausanne, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 5:e9258. 2010..Moreover, skin specific loss of Notch signaling in the embryo results in skin barrier defects accompanied by a B-lymphoproliferative disease. However, much less is known about the consequences of loss of Notch signaling after birth...
- Presenilin 1 is required for Notch1 and DII1 expression in the paraxial mesodermP C Wong
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Nature 387:288-92. 1997..Moreover, expression of mRNA encoding Notch1 and Dll1 (delta-like gene 1), a vertebrate Notch ligand, is markedly reduced in the presomitic mesoderm of PS1-/- ..
- The Notch ligands DLL1 and JAG2 act synergistically to regulate hair cell development in the mammalian inner earAmy E Kiernan
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Development 132:4353-62. 2005..We also show by conditional inactivation that these ligands probably signal through the NOTCH1 receptor...
- Jag2-Notch1 signaling regulates oral epithelial differentiation and palate developmentLiam M Casey
Center for Oral Biology and Department of Biomedical Genetics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Dev Dyn 235:1830-44. 2006..In this report, we show that Jag2 is expressed throughout the oral epithelium and is required for Notch1 activation during oral epithelial differentiation...
- Notch and wingless signaling cooperate in regulation of dendritic cell differentiationJie Zhou
Department of Immunology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Immunity 30:845-59. 2009..Thus, these data suggest a model of DC differentiation via cooperation between Wnt and Notch pathways...
- Notch mediates TGF alpha-induced changes in epithelial differentiation during pancreatic tumorigenesisYoshiharu Miyamoto
Departments of Surgery, Oncology, and Pathology, The Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Cancer Cell 3:565-76. 2003..These findings suggest that Notch mediates the tumor-initiating effects of TG alpha by expanding a population of undifferentiated precursor cells...
- Notch-1 regulates pulmonary neuroendocrine cell differentiation in cell lines and in transgenic miceLin Shan
Department of Pathology, Children s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 292:L500-9. 2007..Cumulatively, these observations provide further support for a role for Notch-1 signaling in regulating pulmonary NE cell differentiation...
- Oncogenesis of T-ALL and nonmalignant consequences of overexpressing intracellular NOTCH1Xiaoyu Li
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Exp Med 205:2851-61. 2008Mutations resulting in overexpression of intracellular Notch1 (ICN1) are frequently observed in human T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (T-ALL)...
- Notch signaling promotes the generation of EphrinB1-positive intestinal epithelial cellsBon Kyoung Koo
Department of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University, Silim Dong, Gwanak Gu, Seoul, South Korea
Gastroenterology 137:145-55, 155.e1-3. 2009..We investigated the effects of Notch signaling on formation of the EphB2-EphrinB1 boundary using mouse and tissue culture models...
- The contribution of Notch1 to nephron segmentation in the developing kidney is revealed in a sensitized Notch2 background and can be augmented by reducing Mint dosageKameswaran Surendran
Department of Developmental Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Dev Biol 337:386-95. 2010We previously determined that Notch2, and not Notch1, was required for forming proximal nephron segments...
- Notch2 is required for progression of pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia and development of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaPawel K Mazur
Second Department of Internal Medicine and Institute of Pathology, Technical University of Munich, 81675 Munich, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:13438-43. 2010..Deficiency of Notch2 but not Notch1 stops PanIN progression, prolongs survival, and leads to a phenotypical switch toward anaplastic pancreatic cancer ..
- Autoamplification of Notch signaling in macrophages by TLR-induced and RBP-J-dependent induction of Jagged1Julia Foldi
Graduate Program in Immunology and Microbial Pathogenesis, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Immunol 185:5023-31. 2010..Notch master transcriptional regulator RBP-J and also on upstream components of the Notch pathway γ-secretase and Notch1 and Notch2 receptors...
- Notch1 inhibition targets the leukemia-initiating cells in a Tal1/Lmo2 mouse model of T-ALLJessica Tatarek
Department of Cancer Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
Blood 118:1579-90. 2011..leukemia (T-ALL) is an aggressive malignancy largely caused by aberrant activation of the TAL1/SCL, LMO1/2, and NOTCH1 oncogenes...
- Deficient T cell fate specification in mice with an induced inactivation of Notch1F Radtke
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, Epalinges
Immunity 10:547-58. 1999..To explore the function of murine Notch1, an essential portion of the gene was flanked with loxP sites and inactivation induced via interferon-regulated ..
- Notch1 contributes to mouse T-cell leukemia by directly inducing the expression of c-mycVishva Mitra Sharma
Department of Cancer Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:8022-31. 2006Recent work with mouse models and human leukemic samples has shown that gain-of-function mutation(s) in Notch1 is a common genetic event in T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (T-ALL)...
- Lunatic Fringe-mediated Notch signaling is required for lung alveogenesisKeli Xu
Program in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, 101 College St, East Tower, Rm 14 309, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1L7
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 298:L45-56. 2010..In sum, these results demonstrate that Lfng functions to enhance Notch signaling in myofibroblast precursor cells and thereby to coordinate differentiation and mobilization of myofibroblasts required for alveolar septation...
- Notch alters VEGF responsiveness in human and murine endothelial cells by direct regulation of VEGFR-3 expressionCarrie J Shawber
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Clin Invest 117:3369-82. 2007..Mice heterozygous for null alleles of both Notch1 and VEGFR-3 had significantly reduced viability and displayed midgestational vascular patterning defects analogous ..
- Overexpression of delta-like 4 induces arterialization and attenuates vessel formation in developing mouse embryosAlexandre Trindade
Centro de Informatica do Instituto Superior de Agronomia CIISA, Lisbon Technical University, Lisbon, Portugal
Blood 112:1720-9. 2008..These results establish the role of Dll4 in arterial identity determination, and regulation of angiogenesis subject to dose and location...
- Liver-specific inactivation of Notch2, but not Notch1, compromises intrahepatic bile duct development in miceFabian Geisler
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Hepatology 48:607-16. 2008..We investigated the effect of combined or single targeted disruption of Notch1 and Notch2 specifically in hepatoblasts and hepatoblast-derived lineage cells on liver development using AlbCre ..
- Notch signaling regulates formation of the three-dimensional architecture of intrahepatic bile ducts in miceErin E Sparks
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology and Center for Stem Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA
Hepatology 51:1391-400. 2010..progenitor cells (BHPCs) dose-dependently decreased the density of peripheral IHBDs, whereas activation of Notch1 results in an increased density of peripheral IHBDs...
- NADPH oxidase 1 modulates WNT and NOTCH1 signaling to control the fate of proliferative progenitor cells in the colonNicolas Coant
INSERM, U773, Centre de Recherche Bichat Beaujon, CRB3, BP 416, 16 rue Henri Huchard, Paris 75018, France
Mol Cell Biol 30:2636-50. 2010..However, the molecular mechanisms by which the Wnt/beta-catenin and Notch1 pathways interplay in controlling cell proliferation and fate in the colon are poorly understood...
- Notch and the immune systemB Osborne
Department of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, University of Massachusetts, Amherst 01003, USA
Immunity 11:653-63. 1999
- Notch signaling induces multilineage myeloid differentiation and up-regulates PU.1 expressionTimm Schroeder
Institute of Clinical Molecular Biology and Tumor Genetics, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Munich, Germany
J Immunol 170:5538-48. 2003..Here we show that signaling by the Notch1 transmembrane receptor instructively induces myeloid differentiation of multipotent hemopoietic progenitor cells ..
- Mapping of notch activation during cochlear development in mice: implications for determination of prosensory domain and cell fate diversificationJunko Murata
Department of Otolaryngology and Sensory Organ Surgery, Osaka University School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Comp Neurol 497:502-18. 2006..In this study, we detected the expression patterns of the activated form of Notch1 (actN1) as well as those of endogenous Notch1, Jagged1 (Jag1), and Math1...
- Conditional ablation of Notch signaling in pancreatic developmentHassan Nakhai
Department of Internal Medicine, Technical University of Munich, Ismaniger Strasse 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Development 135:2757-65. 2008The role of the Notch signaling members Notch1, Notch2 and Rbpj in exocrine pancreatic development is not well defined...
- Smooth muscle Notch1 mediates neointimal formation after vascular injuryYuxin Li
Vascular Medicine Research, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Circulation 119:2686-92. 2009b>Notch1 regulates binary cell fate determination and is critical for angiogenesis and cardiovascular development. However, the pathophysiological role of Notch1 in the postnatal period is not known...
- Notch-regulated ankyrin-repeat protein inhibits Notch1 signaling: multiple Notch1 signaling pathways involved in T cell developmentTheodore J Yun
IDEC Pharmaceuticals, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
J Immunol 170:5834-41. 2003..The different effects of Deltex-1 and Nrarp overexpression suggest that alternate Notch signaling pathways mediate T vs B lineage commitment and thymocyte maturation...
- Cyclic strain inhibits Notch receptor signaling in vascular smooth muscle cells in vitroDavid Morrow
Vascular Health Research Centre, Faculty of Science and Health, Dublin City University, Dublin, Ireland
Circ Res 96:567-75. 2005..These findings suggest that cyclic strain inhibits SMC growth while enhancing SMC apoptosis, in part, through regulation of Notch receptor and downstream target gene expression...
- Prox1 is required for granule cell maturation and intermediate progenitor maintenance during brain neurogenesisAlfonso Lavado
Department of Genetics and Tumor Cell Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS Biol 8:. 2010..Finally, we show that the ectopic expression of Prox1 induces premature differentiation of neural stem cells...
- Mapping spatio-temporal activation of Notch signaling during neurogenesis and gliogenesis in the developing mouse brainAkinori Tokunaga
Department of Physiology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Neurochem 90:142-54. 2004b>Notch1 plays various important roles including the maintenance of the stem cell state as well as the promotion of glial fates in mammalian CNS development...
- Selection of differentiating cells by different levels of delta-like 1 among neural precursor cells in the developing mouse telencephalonDaichi Kawaguchi
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Development 135:3849-58. 2008..We found that the expression patterns of the Notch ligand delta-like 1 (Dll1) and of the active form of Notch1 were mutually exclusive and segregated into distinct NPC subpopulations in the ventricular zone of the ..
- Notch pathway molecules are essential for the maintenance, but not the generation, of mammalian neural stem cellsSeiji Hitoshi
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
Genes Dev 16:846-58. 2002..for the maintenance of neural stem cells; they are depleted in the early embryonic brains of RBP-Jkappa(-/-) or Notch1(-/-) mice...
- Notch1 expression on T cells is not required for CD4+ T helper differentiationFabienne Tacchini-Cottier
World Health Organization Immunology Research and Training Centre, and Department of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, Epalinges, Switzerland
Eur J Immunol 34:1588-96. 2004b>Notch1 proteins are involved in binary cell fate decisions...
- Unique patterns of Notch1, Notch4 and Jagged1 expression in ovarian vessels during folliculogenesis and corpus luteum formationMarina A Vorontchikhina
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 5:701-9. 2005..Here, we characterize the expression patterns of Notch1, Notch4, and Jagged1 proteins during the process of folliculogenesis and corpus luteum formation in the mouse ..
- Inhibition of Dll4-mediated signaling induces proliferation of immature vessels and results in poor tissue perfusionJeffrey S Scehnet
Department of Pathology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 1441 Eastlake Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Blood 109:4753-60. 2007..sDll4 similarly induced defective vascular response in tumor implants leading to reduced tumor growth. Interference with Dll4-Notch signaling may be particularly desirable in tumors that have highly induced Dll4-Notch pathway...
- Notch1 expression and ligand interactions in progenitor cells of the mouse olfactory epitheliumGerald A Schwarting
Shriver Center UMMS, 200 Trapelo Road, Waltham, MA 02452, USA
J Mol Histol 38:543-53. 2007..We characterize here a population of Notch1 (+) olfactory basal cells in embryonic mice that coordinately express both the Notch effector Hes5 and the ..
- Endothelial expression of the Notch ligand Jagged1 is required for vascular smooth muscle developmentFrances A High
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology and Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:1955-9. 2008..Together, these results imply that the primary role of endothelial Jag1 is to potentiate the development of neighboring vascular smooth muscle...
- Notch signaling mediates G1/S cell-cycle progression in T cells via cyclin D3 and its dependent kinasesIla Joshi
Program in Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Blood 113:1689-98. 2009Notch signaling plays a role in normal lymphocyte development and function. Activating Notch1-mutations, leading to aberrant downstream signaling, have been identified in human T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (T-ALL)...
- Id1 attenuates Notch signaling and impairs T-cell commitment by elevating Deltex1 expressionHong Cheng Wang
Immunobiology and Cancer Research Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:4640-52. 2009..Id1-expressing progenitors to differentiate to the DN3 (CD44(-) CD25(+)) stage, which was accompanied by enhanced Notch1 expression in T-cell progenitors...
- Dynamic regulation of notch 1 and notch 2 surface expression during T cell development and activation revealed by novel monoclonal antibodiesEmma Fiorini
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research Ltd, Lausanne Branch, 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
J Immunol 183:7212-22. 2009..Using novel rat mAbs directed against the extracellular domains of Notch1 and Notch2, we find that Notch1 is already highly expressed on common lymphoid precursors in the bone marrow and ..
- Notch1 activation in mice causes arteriovenous malformations phenocopied by ephrinB2 and EphB4 mutantsLuke T Krebs
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine
Genesis 48:146-50. 2010..Here we show that mouse embryos with conditional activation of the Notch1 gene in endothelial cells (Notch1 gain of function embryos) exhibit defects in vascular remodeling increased ..
- RBPjkappa-dependent Notch signaling regulates mesenchymal progenitor cell proliferation and differentiation during skeletal developmentYufeng Dong
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Center for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Development 137:1461-71. 2010..Finally, Hes1 was identified as an RBPjkappa-dependent Notch target gene important for MPC maintenance and the suppression of in vitro chondrogenesis...
- Hes1 and Hes5 as notch effectors in mammalian neuronal differentiationT Ohtsuka
Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Shogoin Kawahara, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, USA
EMBO J 18:2196-207. 1999..These results demonstrate that Hes1 and Hes5 are essential Notch effectors in regulation of mammalian neuronal differentiation...
- Notch1 co-opts lymphoid enhancer factor 1 for survival of murine T-cell lymphomasChristina Spaulding
Department of Pathology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Blood 110:2650-8. 2007Oncogenic Notch1 mutations are found in most T-lineage acute lymphoblastic leukemias in humans and T-cell lymphomas in mice...
- SoxB1 transcription factors and Notch signaling use distinct mechanisms to regulate proneural gene function and neural progenitor differentiationJohan Holmberg
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Karolinska Institute, Box 240, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Development 135:1843-51. 2008..Together, these data reveal that Notch signaling and SoxB1 transcription factors use distinct regulatory mechanisms to control proneural protein function and to preserve neural cells as undifferentiated precursors...
- Genome-wide RNA-mediated interference screen identifies miR-19 targets in Notch-induced T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukaemiaKonstantinos J Mavrakis
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nat Cell Biol 12:372-9. 2010..Here we show that miR-19 is sufficient to promote leukaemogenesis in Notch1-induced T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (T-ALL) in vivo...
- Presenilin-1 deficiency leads to loss of Cajal-Retzius neurons and cortical dysplasia similar to human type 2 lissencephalyD Hartmann
Anatomisches Institut der CAU Kiel, Otto Hahn Platz 8, D 24 118, Kiel, Germany
Curr Biol 9:719-27. 1999..Physiologically, the presenilins are involved in the Notch and Wnt-beta-catenin signaling pathways...
- IRAK1 deletion disrupts cardiac Toll/IL-1 signaling and protects against contractile dysfunctionJames A Thomas
Departments of Pediatrics and Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9063, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 285:H597-606. 2003..Thus the Toll/IL-1 pathway is active in myocardial tissue and interference with pathway function, through IRAK1 inactivation, may represent a novel strategy to protect against cardiac contractile dysfunction...
- Modeling notch signaling in normal and neoplastic hematopoiesis: global gene expression profiling in response to activated notch expressionUma Ganapati
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Stem Cells 25:1872-80. 2007..a tetracycline-inducible system regulating expression of a ligand-independent, constitutively active form of Notch1 was introduced into murine E14Tg2a embryonic stem cells...
- Compartmentalised expression of Delta-like 1 in epithelial somites is required for the formation of intervertebral jointsIngeborg Teppner
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, GmbH, Institute of Experimental Genetics, Neuherberg, Germany
BMC Dev Biol 7:68. 2007..We did this by overexpressing a functional copy of the Dll1 gene throughout the paraxial mesoderm, in particular in anterior somite compartments, during somitogenesis in transgenic mice...
- Notch signaling regulates platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta expression in vascular smooth muscle cellsShaobo Jin
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Medical Nobel Institute, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Circ Res 102:1483-91. 2008..In sum, these data reveal a hierarchy for 2 important signaling systems, Notch and PDGF, in the vasculature and provide insights into how dysregulated Notch signaling perturbs VSMC differentiation and function...
- Cardiovascular and hematopoietic defects associated with Notch1 activation in embryonic Tie2-expressing populationsDeepak A Venkatesh
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Scarborough, ME 04074, USA
Circ Res 103:423-31. 2008..for the development and maintenance of the cardiovasculature, with loss-of-function studies defining roles of Notch1 in the endothelial/hematopoietic lineages...
- Notch-1 stimulates survival of lung adenocarcinoma cells during hypoxia by activating the IGF-1R pathwayS Eliasz
Oncology Institute, Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Oncogene 29:2488-98. 2010..Our data provide a mechanistic explanation for Notch-1-mediated pro-survival function in hypoxic ACL tumor microenvironment. The results identify additional targets that may synergize with Notch-1 inhibition for ACL treatment...
- TNF inhibits Notch-1 in skeletal muscle cells by Ezh2 and DNA methylation mediated repression: implications in duchenne muscular dystrophySwarnali Acharyya
Human Cancer Genetics and Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e12479. 2010..This regulation coincides with elevated levels of muscle derived TNFalpha that is also under IKKbeta and NF-kappaB control...
- Caveolin-1 promote astroglial differentiation of neural stem/progenitor cells through modulating Notch1/NICD and Hes1 expressionsYue Li
School of Chinese Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 407:517-24. 2011..Taken together, these results provide strong evidence that caveolin-1 can promote astroglial differentiation of NPCs through modulating Notch1/NICD and Hes1 expressions.
- p300 and PCAF act cooperatively to mediate transcriptional activation from chromatin templates by notch intracellular domains in vitroAnnika E Wallberg
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:7812-9. 2002..This report investigates the Notch IC-interacting proteins, p300, PCAF, and Mastermind-like 1 (MAML1), in an in vitro transcription system with purified factors and naked DNA or ..
- Math1 regulates development of the sensory epithelium in the mammalian cochleaChad Woods
Section on Developmental Neuroscience, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, National Institutes of Health, Porter Neuroscience Research Center, Building 35, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Neurosci 7:1310-8. 2004..These results show that Math1 functions in the developing cochlea to initiate both inductive and inhibitory signals that regulate the overall formation of the sensory epithelia...
- Mouse Serrate-1 (Jagged-1): expression in the developing tooth is regulated by epithelial-mesenchymal interactions and fibroblast growth factor-4T A Mitsiadis
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Medical Nobel Institute, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Development 124:1473-83. 1997..This indicates that, at least during tooth development, the expression patterns observed for receptors and ligands in the Notch signaling pathway are generated by different induction mechanisms...
- Isolation and functional analysis of a cDNA for human Jagged2, a gene encoding a ligand for the Notch1 receptorB Luo
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:6057-67. 1997..Immunohistochemistry revealed coexpression of Jagged2 and Notch1 within thymus and other fetal murine tissues, consistent with interaction of the two proteins in vivo...
- Mammalian Notch1 is modified with two unusual forms of O-linked glycosylation found on epidermal growth factor-like modulesD J Moloney
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Institute for Cell and Developmental Biology, State University of New York, Stony Brook, New York 11794 5215, USA
J Biol Chem 275:9604-11. 2000..Here we show that Notch1 endogenously expressed in Chinese hamster ovary cells is modified with O-linked fucose and O-linked glucose ..
- Dynamic expression and essential functions of Hes7 in somite segmentationY Bessho
Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Genes Dev 15:2642-7. 2001..These results indicate that Hes7 controls the cyclic expression of lunatic fringe and is essential for coordinated somite segmentation...
- Notch1 is required for neuronal and glial differentiation in the cerebellumSimone Lütolf
Institute of Cell Biology, Department of Biology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Development 129:373-85. 2002..On the basis of the expression of Notch1 by putative progenitor cells of the vertebrate CNS, we have addressed directly the role of Notch1 in the ..
- Inactivation of Notch1 impairs VDJbeta rearrangement and allows pre-TCR-independent survival of early alpha beta Lineage ThymocytesAnita Wolfer
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Lausanne Branch, University of Lausanne, 1066, Epalinges, Switzerland
Immunity 16:869-79. 2002Notch proteins influence cell fate decisions in many developmental systems. During lymphoid development, Notch1 signaling is essential to direct a bipotent T/B precursor toward the T cell fate, but the role of Notch1 at later stages of T ..
- Notch 1 impairs osteoblastic cell differentiationMaria Sciaudone
Department of Research, Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Hartford, Connecticut 06105 1299, USA
Endocrinology 144:5631-9. 2003..NotchIC also opposed MC3T3 cell differentiation and the expression of a mature osteoblastic phenotype. In conclusion, NotchIC impairs osteoblast differentiation and enhances adipogenesis in stromal cell cultures...
- Developmental expression of the Notch signaling pathway genes during mouse preimplantation developmentSarah Cormier
Unite de Biologie du Developpement, Institut Pasteur, CNRS URA 2578, 25 rue du Docteur Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Gene Expr Patterns 4:713-7. 2004..Here, we report on the expression pattern of Notch1-4, Jagged1 (Jag1), Jag2, Delta-like1 (Dll-1), Dll-3, Dll-4, Rbpsuh, Deltex1(Dtx1)and Dtx2 genes during ..
- Fringe glycosyltransferases differentially modulate Notch1 proteolysis induced by Delta1 and Jagged1Liang Tung Yang
Department of Biological Chemistry, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1737, USA
Mol Biol Cell 16:927-42. 2005..proteins (Lunatic [LFng], Manic [MFng], or Radical [RFng] Fringe) increased Delta1 binding and activation of Notch1 signaling in 293T and NIH 3T3 cells...
- Notch signaling controls the generation and differentiation of early T lineage progenitorsArivazhagan Sambandam
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nat Immunol 6:663-70. 2005..In contrast, multipotent hematopoietic progenitors circulated in the blood even in the absence of Notch signaling, suggesting that critical Notch signals during early T lineage development are delivered early after thymic entry...
- Notch signaling is required to maintain all neural stem cell populations--irrespective of spatial or temporal nicheTania O Alexson
Neurobiology Research Group, Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Dev Neurosci 28:34-48. 2006..Regardless, these findings demonstrate that PS1, and presumably Notch signaling, is required to maintain all NSCs...
- Notch/Delta signaling constrains reengineering of pro-T cells by PU.1Christopher B Franco
Division of Biology 156 29, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:11993-8. 2006..The results imply that in T cell precursors, Notch/Delta signaling normally acts to modulate and channel PU.1 transcriptional activities during the stages from T lineage specification until commitment...
- The initiation and propagation of Hes7 oscillation are cooperatively regulated by Fgf and notch signaling in the somite segmentation clockYasutaka Niwa
Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Dev Cell 13:298-304. 2007..We thus propose that Hes7 oscillation is initiated by Fgf signaling and propagated/maintained anteriorly by Notch signaling...
- Dll3 and Notch1 genetic interactions model axial segmental and craniofacial malformations of human birth defectsKathleen M Loomes
Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Dev Dyn 236:2943-51. 2007Mutations in the Notch1 receptor and delta-like 3 (Dll3) ligand cause global disruptions in axial segmental patterning...
- Sox2 signaling in prosensory domain specification and subsequent hair cell differentiation in the developing cochleaAlain Dabdoub
Section on Developmental Neuroscience, NIDCD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:18396-401. 2008..These results demonstrate crucial and diverse roles for Sox2 in the development, specification, and maintenance of sensory cells within the cochlea...
- Differential expression of Notch1 and Notch2 in developing and adult mouse brainM Higuchi
Department of Medical Genetics, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 29:263-72. 1995..Mammals have more than one Notch gene homolog, e.g. Notch1 and Notch2...
- Differential expression of mammalian Numb, Numblike and Notch1 suggests distinct roles during mouse cortical neurogenesisW Zhong
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Physiology, University of California at San Francisco, 94143, USA
Development 124:1887-97. 1997..in postmitotic neurons in the cortical plate, but not in progenitors within the ventricular zone where m-Numb and Notch1 are expressed...
- Mesp2: a novel mouse gene expressed in the presegmented mesoderm and essential for segmentation initiationY Saga
Banyu Tsukuba Research Institute Merck, Japan
Genes Dev 11:1827-39. 1997..disruption of the metameric features, altered expression of Mox-1, Pax-1, and Dll1, and lack of expression of Notch1, Notch2, and FGFR1 suggested that MesP2 controls sclerotomal polarity by regulating the signaling systems mediated ..
- Mesodermal defects and cranial neural crest apoptosis in alpha5 integrin-null embryosK L Goh
Center for Cancer Research and Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Development 124:4309-19. 1997....
- Notch signaling is essential for vascular morphogenesis in miceL T Krebs
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609 USA
Genes Dev 14:1343-52. 2000..However, the Notch4 mutation displayed genetic interactions with a targeted mutation of the related Notch1 gene...
- Inactivation of Notch 1 in immature thymocytes does not perturb CD4 or CD8T cell developmentA Wolfer
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, University of Lausanne, Epalinges, Switzerland
Nat Immunol 2:235-41. 2001..In contrast to earlier reports, these data formally exclude an essential role for Notch 1 in CD4-CD8 lineage commitment, maturation or survival...
- Notch1 and T-cell development: insights from conditional knockout miceH R MacDonald
The Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Lausanne Branch, University of Lausanne, 1066, Epalinges, Switzerland
Trends Immunol 22:155-60. 2001..Gain-of-function studies have suggested a crucial role for Notch1 signaling at several stages during lymphocyte development, including the B/T, alphabeta/gammadelta and CD4/CD8 ..
- Somatomedin: Autologous Regulator of Bone FormationErnesto Canalis; Fiscal Year: 2008..These investigations should clarify the role of CHOP in bone cell differentiation and function. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Development of Sensory maps in the Mammalian neocortexYasushi Nakagawa; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Rip Proteins in Innate Immune SignalingMichelle Kelliher; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our research is focused on how Rip proteins contribute to host responses against infection with the goal that the activity of Rip proteins can be stimulated or attenuated by drugs as needed, in human disease. ..
- ANTI-APOPTOTIC SIGNALS MEDIATED BY RIPMichelle Kelliher; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our preliminary studies suggest that RIP may also contribute to the p38 MAP kinase pathway. The molecular mechanisms of RIP mediated NF-kappaB and p38 MAP kinase activation will be investigated. ..
- Phenotypic screen in mouse embryonic for TGF-beta signaling mutationsJAY VIVIAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Cell-based mutation screening strategies as developed in this proposal can be applied to any active biochemical pathway in mouse ES cells, to generate mouse lines for analysis in vivo. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The role of Notch signaling in T cell functionBarbara Osborne; Fiscal Year: 2008..At least three of these proteins, Notch1, Notch2 and Notch3, are expressed at various times during lymphoid development...
- Regulation of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Self-RenewalTannishtha Reya; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF APOPTOSIS IN T CELLSBarbara Osborne; Fiscal Year: 2002..Experiments also are presented to examine how the expression of these genes are regulated during cell death in both T cells and non-immune cells. ..
- Migration of early olfactory neuronal progenitorsGERALD SCHWARTING; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will lead to an understanding of the complex factors that guide GnRH neurons to their proper destinations in the hypothalamus to control the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis. ..
- Damage and regeneration in the hematopoietic systemTannishtha Reya; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, understanding the basis of impaired regeneration in the aging hematopoietic system may allow us to design novel means to improve the health and quality of life of aging patients. ..
- A Screen for Mouse Cardiovascular Morphogenesis MutantsIvan Moskowitz; Fiscal Year: 2008..The candidate will combine clinical expertise with research training to pursue a career as a clinician-scientist in the field of cardiovascular morphogenesis and congenital heart disease. ..
- P53 Based Vaccine for Small Cell Lung CancerDmitry Gabrilovich; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specific Aim 2. Determine the immune modifying effect of immunization and chemotherapy on p53-specific immunity. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Conference on immune suppression in cancerDmitry Gabrilovich; Fiscal Year: 2007..tumor escape of immune system control; [unreadable] Review and discuss how our knowledge of new mechanisms of tumor associated immune suppression can be translated into new therapeutics [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IRAK Family Function in Bacterial InfectionJames Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Polyclonal human antibody in cloned HAC-transgenic cowsBarbara Osborne; Fiscal Year: 2006..Third, it would provide a new enabling technology for producing clinically important human antibody reagents against other bacterial and viral pathogens. ..
- ATRA effect on myeloid cell differentiation in cancerDmitry Gabrilovich; Fiscal Year: 2005..In the proposed clinical trial we will test the hypothesis that ATRA eliminates immature myeloid cells and improves differentiation of DC in cancer patients. If proven this approach can be used to enhance the effects of cancer vaccines. ..
- The Role of Sonic Hedgehog in telencephalic patterningRobert Machold; Fiscal Year: 2004..This work will hopefully lead to a deeper understanding of regional specification in the developing forebrain. ..
- THE ROLE OF UFD1 AND CDC45 IN NEURAL CREST DEVELOPMENTVidu Garg; Fiscal Year: 2004..The function of Cdc45 will be examined in vivo in chick embryos by retrovirally mediated alteration of gene expression. A yeast two hybrid assay will be utilized to determine if Ufdl, Cdc45, and Hira interact with one another. ..