Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pepc
Description: peptidase C
Alias: Dip-1, Pep-3, Pep3, peptidase 3
Publications107 found, 100 shown here
- Mapping and gene order of U1 small nuclear RNA, endogenous viral env sequence, amylase, and alcohol dehydrogenase-3 on mouse chromosome 3C Blatt
Agouron Institute, La Jolla, California
Somat Cell Mol Genet 14:133-42. 1988..In situ hybridization to chromosome spreads confirmed the assignment of the Ulb small nuclear RNA (snRNA) gene cluster and the gamma-fibrinogen gene to the center of chromosome 3...
- Genetic mapping of a mouse chromosomal locus required for mink cell focus-forming virus replicationC A Kozak
J Virol 48:300-3. 1983....
- Cloning, characterization, and mapping of a murine promiscuous chemokine receptor gene: homolog of the human Duffy geneH Luo
Genome Res 7:932-41. 1997..2-kb mRNA. The human erythroleukemia K562 cells, transfected with cDNA encoding the mouse Duffy-like protein and mouse erythrocytes, have the same chemokine binding profiles indicating that they contain the same protein...
- En-1 and En-2, two mouse genes with sequence homology to the Drosophila engrailed gene: expression during embryogenesisA L Joyner
Department of Anatomy, University of California at San Francisco 94143
Genes Dev 1:29-38. 1987..Both genes map in the vicinity of mutations that are known to cause abnormalities during development...
- Tyrosine sulfation of native mouse Psgl-1 is required for optimal leukocyte rolling on P-selectin in vivoAndrew D Westmuckett
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e20406. 2011..Here we test the function of native Psgl-1 expressed in leukocytes lacking endogenous tyrosylprotein sulfotransferase (TPST) activity...
- Genetic analysis of nonhistone chromosomal protein inheritance in recombinant inbred mouse strains using two-dimensional electrophoresisL S Ramagli
Department of Molecular Pathology, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030
Biochem Genet 28:123-36. 1990..These 16 NHCP genetic marker inheritance differences detected in RIs add to the 23 previously established genetic marker differences between the progenitors...
- Gene mapping of the three subunits of the high affinity FcR for IgE to mouse chromosomes 1 and 19K Hupp
Laboratory of Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892
J Immunol 143:3787-91. 1989..The close association of the genes for Fc epsilon RI alpha, FC gamma RII, and their shared gamma subunits raises interesting implications regarding coordinate regulation of gene expression...
- Mapping of the bcl-2 oncogene on mouse chromosome 1B A Mock
Laboratory of Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892
Cytogenet Cell Genet 47:11-5. 1988..The co-segregation of bcl-2 alleles with allelic forms of two other chromosome 1 loci, Ren-1,2 and Spna-1, in a set of back-cross progeny, positions bcl-2 7.8 cM centromeric from Ren-1,2...
- Susceptibility of wild mouse cells to exogenous infection with xenotropic leukemia viruses: control by a single dominant locus on chromosome 1C A Kozak
J Virol 55:690-5. 1985....
- Linkage of genes for laminin B1 and B2 subunits on chromosome 1 in mouseR W Elliott
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol 21:477-84. 1985..4 +/- 3.2 cM distal to the Pep-3 locus. There is no evidence in the mouse for pseudogenes for these proteins...
- Genetics of susceptibility for radiation-induced leukemia. Mapping of genes involved to chromosomes 1, 2, and 4, and implications for a viral etiology in the diseaseD Meruelo
J Exp Med 154:1201-11. 1981..An explanation for tissue-specific activation of endogenous viruses is that activation of the virus in question is dependent on differentiation-specific steps...
- Genetics of alkaline phosphatase of the small intestine of the house mouser (Mus musculus)F H Wilcox
Biochem Genet 21:641-52. 1983....
- Preferential but nonexclusive expression of macromolecular antigens on B-lineage cellsM P Scheid
Immunol Rev 69:141-59. 1982
- Upg-2: a urinary pepsinogen variant located on chromosome 1 of the mouseJ M Szymura
Biochem Genet 20:1211-9. 1982..Typing of recombinant inbred strains suggests that the location of the Upg-2 locus is on chromosome 1, in the vicinity of loci coding for other peptidases, namely, Pep-2 and Rnr, and of the Acf-1 locus...
- Localization of the inhibin beta B gene on mouse chromosome 1W P Lafuse
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210
Mamm Genome 4:399-400. 1993
- FISH mapping of three ammonia metabolism genes (Glul, Cps1, Glud1) in rat, and the chromosomal localization of GLUL in human and Cps1 in mouseK Helou
Department of Genetics, Göteborg University Medicinareg 9C, S 413 90 Göteborg, Sweden
Mamm Genome 8:362-4. 1997
- Genetic disruption of both Fancc and Fancg in mice recapitulates the hematopoietic manifestations of Fanconi anemiaAnna C Pulliam-Leath
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Blood 116:2915-20. 2010..Importantly, this model closely recapitulates the phenotypes found in FA patients and may be useful as a preclinical platform to evaluate the molecular pathogenesis of spontaneous bone marrow failure, MDS and AML in FA...
- Alternatively activated macrophages inhibit T-cell proliferation by Stat6-dependent expression of PD-L2Silke Huber
Institute for Immunology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Blood 116:3311-20. 2010..In vivo blockade of PD-L2 during N brasiliensis infection caused an enhanced Th2 response in the lung, indicating that AAM inhibit Th2 cells by expression of PD-L2...
- The P4-type ATPase ATP11C is essential for B lymphopoiesis in adult bone marrowOwen M Siggs
Department of Genetics, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California, USA
Nat Immunol 12:434-40. 2011..Our data establish an essential, cell-autonomous and context-sensitive function for ATP11C, a putative aminophospholipid flippase, in B cell development...
- R-Ras and Rac GTPase cross-talk regulates hematopoietic progenitor cell migration, homing, and mobilizationXun Shang
Division of Experimental Hematology and Cancer Biology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Biol Chem 286:24068-78. 2011..These results indicate that R-Ras is a critical regulator of Rac signaling required for HPC migration, homing, and mobilization...
- T cells home to the thymus and control infectionClaudia Nobrega
Life and Health Sciences Research Institute, School of Health Sciences, University of Minho, 4710 057 Braga, Portugal
J Immunol 190:1646-58. 2013..Maintaining a functional thymic environment is essential to maintain T cell differentiation and prevent the emergence of central tolerance to the invading pathogens...
- SWAP-70 restricts spontaneous maturation of dendritic cellsCarlos Ocaña-Morgner
Institute of Physiological Chemistry, Faculty of Medicine Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden University of Technology, D 01307 Dresden, Germany
J Immunol 190:5545-58. 2013..Thus, SWAP-70 deficiency reveals two pathways that contribute to spontaneous maturation of DCs...
- Persistently active microbial molecules prolong innate immune tolerance in vivoMingfang Lu
Laboratory of Clinical Infectious Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 9:e1003339. 2013..Measures that disable microbial molecules might enhance resolution of tissue inflammation and help restore innate defenses in individuals recovering from many different infectious diseases...
- The control of CD8+ T cell responses is preserved in perforin-deficient mice and released by depletion of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cellsHaley Ataera
2 Entrance 7 Kelburn Parade, 6012 Kelburn, Wellington, New Zealand
J Leukoc Biol 94:825-33. 2013..These data suggest that perforin expression is not required for normal immune regulation in these models of in vivo CD8(+) T cell responses induced by immunization with OVA and α-GalCer or DC-OVA. ..
- CD169 mediates the capture of exosomes in spleen and lymph nodeSarah C Saunderson
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Otago School of Medical Sciences, University of Otago, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand and
Blood 123:208-16. 2014..Interestingly, CD169(-/-) mice demonstrated an enhanced response to antigen-pulsed exosomes. This is the first report of a role for CD169 in the capture of exosomes and its potential to mediate the immune response to exosomal antigen. ..
- Differential kinetics of antigen dependency of CD4+ and CD8+ T cellsHannah Rabenstein
Institute for Immunology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, 80336 Munich, Germany
J Immunol 192:3507-17. 2014..In summary, our data demonstrate that CD4+ T cells require continuous stimulation for clonal expansion, whereas CD8+ T cells can divide following a much shorter TCR signal...
- The adaptor TRAF5 limits the differentiation of inflammatory CD4(+) T cells by antagonizing signaling via the receptor for IL-6Hiroyuki Nagashima
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Nat Immunol 15:449-56. 2014..Our results identify TRAF5 as a negative regulator of the IL-6 receptor signaling pathway that limits the induction of proinflammatory CD4(+) T cells that require IL-6 for their development. ..
- Pleural innate response activator B cells protect against pneumonia via a GM-CSF-IgM axisGeorg F Weber
Center for Systems Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114 Department of Visceral, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, Medizinische Fakultät Carl Gustav Carus, Technische Universitat Dresden, 01307 Dresden, Germany
J Exp Med 211:1243-56. 2014..The study describes a previously unrecognized GM-CSF-IgM axis and positions IRA B cells as orchestrators of protective IgM immunity. ..
- Hematopoietic stem cell dysfunction underlies the progressive lymphocytopenia in XLF/Cernunnos deficiencySerine Avagyan
Morgan Stanley Children s Hospital of New York Presbyterian, Department of Pediatrics, Institute for Cancer Genetics, Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Research Center
Blood 124:1622-5. 2014....
- Autoimmunity-associated protein tyrosine phosphatase PEP negatively regulates IFN-α receptor signalingDerek A Holmes
Department of Immunology, Department of Translational Immunology, and Department of Pathology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080
J Exp Med 212:1081-93. 2015..As SLE patients carrying the PTPN22(C1858T) risk variant have higher serum IFN-α activity, these data provide a molecular basis for how type I IFNs and PTPN22 may cooperate to contribute to lupus-associated cytopenias. ..
- Non-redundant requirement for CXCR3 signalling during tumoricidal T-cell trafficking across tumour vascular checkpointsM E Mikucki
Department of Immunology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Nat Commun 6:7458. 2015..Taken together, these studies identify CXCR3-mediated trafficking at the tumour vascular interface as a critical checkpoint to effective T-cell-based cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Clearance of senescent cells by ABT263 rejuvenates aged hematopoietic stem cells in miceJianhui Chang
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Nat Med 22:78-83. 2016..Thus, senolytic drugs may represent a new class of radiation mitigators and anti-aging agents. ..
- Aberrant Notch Signaling in the Bone Marrow Microenvironment of Acute Lymphoid Leukemia Suppresses Osteoblast-Mediated Support of Hematopoietic Niche FunctionWeihuan Wang
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
Cancer Res 76:1641-52. 2016..Collectively, our findings suggest that therapeutically targeting the leukemia-infiltrated hematopoietic niche may restore HSPC homeostasis and improve the outcome of ALL patients...
- NAD(P)H oxidase and eNOS play differential roles in cytomegalovirus infection-induced microvascular dysfunctionIgor L Leskov
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA 71130, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 51:2300-8. 2011....
- Cannabinoid receptor 2 is critical for the homing and retention of marginal zone B lineage cells and for efficient T-independent immune responsesSreemanti Basu
Blood Research Institute, BloodCenter of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
J Immunol 187:5720-32. 2011..This study demonstrates that CB2 positively regulates T-independent immune responses by controlling the localization and positioning of MZ lineage cells to the MZ...
- Neutrophilic granulocytes modulate invariant NKT cell function in mice and humansGerhard Wingender
Division of Developmental Immunology, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Immunol 188:3000-8. 2012..Our data reveal a novel regulatory axis whereby neutrophils reduce iNKT cell responses, which may be important in shaping the extent of inflammation...
- The ATP-P2X7 signaling axis is dispensable for obesity-associated inflammasome activation in adipose tissueShengyi Sun
Graduate Program in Biochemistry, Molecular, and Cell Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA
Diabetes 61:1471-8. 2012..The nature of the inflammasome-activating danger signal(s) in adipose tissue in obesity remains to be characterized...
- Id2-mediated inhibition of E2A represses memory CD8+ T cell differentiationFrederick Masson
Division of Molecular Immunology, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne, Victoria 3052, Australia
J Immunol 190:4585-94. 2013..Our findings reveal that the Id2/E2A axis orchestrates T cell differentiation through the induction or repression of downstream transcription factors essential for effector and memory T cell differentiation...
- Gene mapping in Mus musculus by interspecific cell hybridization: assignment of the genes for tripeptidase-1 to chromosome 10, dipeptidase-2 to chromosome 18, acid phosphatase-1 to chromosome 12, and adenylate kinase-1 to chromosome 2U Francke
Cytogenet Cell Genet 19:57-84. 1977..Striking examples of norandom segregation of mouse chromosomes were observed in these hybrids with preferential retention of 15 and segregation of 11 and the Y chromosome...
- Genetic mapping of xenotropic leukemia virus-inducing loci in two mouse strainsC Kozak
Science 199:1448-9. 1978..In both strains, the virus-inducing loci are on chromosome 1, linked to the Dip-1/isozyme locus, but the two may not be at allelic sites...
- Assignment of the genes for thymidine kinase and galactokinase to Mus musculus chromosome 11 and the preferential segregation of this chromosome in Chinese hamster/mouse somatic cell hybridsC A Kozak
Somatic Cell Genet 3:121-33. 1977
- Genetic mapping of the ecotropic murine leukemia virus-inducing locus of BALB/c mouse to chromosome 5C A Kozak
Science 204:69-71. 1979..These studies provide further evidence that endogenous ecotropic viruses represent viral genomes inserted at different chromosomal sites in the various mouse strains...
- Location on chromosome 1 of Rnr, a gene that regulates renin in the submaxillary gland of the mouseC M Wilson
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 75:5623-6. 1978..Documentation that a single gene can have major effects on renin in the submaxillary gland of the mouse implies that single gene differences might explain known variations in renin in other species...
- Regulation of Leishmania populations within the host. III. Mapping of the locus controlling susceptibility to visceral leishmaniasis in the mouseD J Bradley
Clin Exp Immunol 37:7-14. 1979..The data indicate that the gene order is centromere-Lsh-Id-1-ln-Dip-1. The estimated recombination frequency between Lsh and Id-1 is 0.12 +/- 0.04. This mapping is away from the known histocompatibility loci...
- Linkage of the locus for conversion of albumin (Acf-1) in the house mouse, Mus musculusF H Wilcox
Biochem Genet 17:159-62. 1979..The linkage of the locus for conversion of albumin (Acf-1) has been established on chromosome 1 with the following gene order and recombination percentages: Id-1 19.3 +/- 5.2% Acf-1 4.2 +/- 1.7% Dip-1 18.4 +/- 4.2% Lp...
- Genetics, ontogeny, and testosterone inducibility of aldehyde oxidase isozymes in the mouse: evidence for two genetic loci (Aox-I and Aox-2) closely linked on chromosome 1R S Holmes
Biochem Genet 17:517-27. 1979..Both isozymes were significantly reduced in activity by castration of adult males and increased following testosterone administration to castrated males and normal female mice...
- Mapping the adrenal lipid depletion gene of the AKR/J mouse strainB A Taylor
Genet Res 26:307-12. 1975
- Gene linkage analysis in the mouse by somatic cell hybridization: assignment of adenine phosphoribosyltransferase to chromosome 8 and alpha-galactosidase to the X chromosomeC Kozak
Somatic Cell Genet 1:371-82. 1975..All other isozymes examined segregated independently of one another...
- The gene for the alpha 1 subunit of the skeletal muscle dihydropyridine-sensitive calcium channel (Cchl1a3) maps to mouse chromosome 1H Chin
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, NINDS, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Genomics 14:1089-91. 1992..Analysis of the progeny of an inbred strain cross-positioned Cchl1a3 1.3 cM proximal to the Pep-3 locus on Chr 1...
- Dominant hemimelia and En-1 on mouse chromosome 1 are not allelicM Higgins
MRC Human Genetics Unit, Edinburgh, UK
Genet Res 60:53-60. 1992..The likely gene order and recombination frequencies of these loci are: ln (5.2 +/- 0.9) Emv-17 (1.1 +/- 0.4) Dh (0.7 +/- 0.4) En-1 (3.0 +/- 0.7) Pep-3. This shows that Dh is not a mutant allele of En-1...
- Analysis of Ly5 chromosome 1 position using allelic differences and recombinant inbred miceS L Zebedee
La Jolla Biological Laboratories, California
Eur J Immunogenet 18:155-63. 1991..Placement of the Ly5 gene with respect to other characterized markers of mouse chromosome 1 for these recombinant inbred mouse strains shows a gene order of Idh-1:Ity:Pep3:[Ly5, Cfh].
- Segregation of genes from donor strain during the production of recombinant congenic strainsL F van Zutphen
Department of Laboratory Animal Science, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
Lab Anim 25:193-7. 1991..The data obtained do not significantly deviate from the expected pattern, thus supporting the validity of the concept of RCS...
- A genetic map of mouse chromosome 1 near the Lsh-Ity-Bcg disease resistance locusB Mock
Laboratory of Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Genomics 7:57-64. 1990..This multipoint linkage analysis of chromosome 1 surrounding the Lsh-Ity-Bcg locus provides a basis for the eventual isolation of the disease gene...
- The human MyoD1 (MYF3) gene maps on the short arm of chromosome 11 but is not associated with the WAGR locus or the region for the Beckwith-Wiedemann syndromeM Gessler
Genetics Division, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115
Hum Genet 86:135-8. 1990..5 related to the Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome. Subregional mapping by in situ hybridization with an myf3 specific probe shows that the gene resides at the chromosomal band 11p14, possibly at 11p14.3...
- The major histocompatibility complex-restricted antigen receptor on T cells: the genetics of expression of an allotypeN W Roehm
J Immunol 135:2176-82. 1985..The identity of the other, as yet unmapped locus is unknown. KJ16-133 was used to show that T cell receptor gene products are expressed in a manner consistent with allelic exclusion...
- Characterization and chromosomal distribution of endogenous mouse mammary tumor viruses of European mouse strains STS/A and GR/AR Michalides
Virology 142:278-90. 1985..R. Callahan, D. Gallahan, and Ch. Kozak (1984), J. Virol. 49, 1005-1008). GR and GR.Mtv-2 furthermore contain two incomplete MMTV proviral elements, one of which is also present in STS/A...
- Genes on chromosomes 1 and 4 in the mouse are associated with repair of radiation-induced chromatin damageM Potter
Laboratory of Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Genomics 2:257-62. 1988....
- Genetics and development of ocular oxidases in the mouse: evidence for a new locus (Eox-1) closely linked with the aldehyde oxidase loci on chromosome 1M Hintz
Division of Science and Technology, Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia
Anim Genet 19:227-36. 1988..These results support the proposal that ocular oxidases are distinct from the major liver AOXs in this organism...
- Establishment of a molecular genetic map of distal mouse chromosome 1: further definition of a conserved linkage group syntenic with human chromosome 1qM F Seldin
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710
Genomics 2:48-56. 1988..These results suggest that mouse gene analyses may help in detailed mapping of human genes within such a syntenic group...
- Juvenile spermatogonial depletion (jsd): a genetic defect of germ cell proliferation of male miceW G Beamer
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Biol Reprod 38:899-908. 1988..We hypothesize the jsd/jsd male may be deficient in proliferative signals from Sertoli cells that are needed for spermatogenesis...
- Identification of Dh/+ and Dh/Dh embryos through close linkage of Dh and peptidase-3L B Holmes
Teratology 34:353-7. 1986..This technique makes it possible to identify and to study the limb malformations and other phenotypic effects of Dh during their development and before the limb deformity is visible...
- Genetic studies on resistant and susceptibility genes controlling the mouse cornea to infection with Pseudomonas aeruginosaR S Berk
Department of Immunology Microbiology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Mich
Antibiot Chemother 39:83-91. 1987
- The mouse liver aldehyde oxidase locus (Aox)J G Watson
Biochem Genet 6:195-204. 1972
- Variations among sublines of inbred AKR miceR T Acton
Nat New Biol 245:8-10. 1973
- Linkage of isozyyme loci in the mouse: phosphoglucomutase-2 (Pgm-2), mitochondrial NADP malate dehydrogenase (Mod-2), and dipeptidase-1 (Dip-1)V M Chapman
Biochem Genet 5:101-10. 1971
- Spectrin deficient inherited hemolytic anemias in the mouse: characterization by spectrin synthesis and mRNA activity in reticulocytesD M Bodine
Cell 37:721-9. 1984..Analysis of spectrin synthesis in mice homozygous and heterozygous for several alleles of sph indicates that the sph locus is the structural gene locus for alpha spectrin. We have mapped the sph locus to mouse Chromosome 1...
- Genetic and functional relationships of the retroviral and lymphocyte alloantigen loci on mouse chromosome 1C A Kozak
Immunogenetics 19:163-8. 1984
- A BALB/c congenic strain of mice that carries a genetic locus (Ityr) controlling resistance to intracellular parasitesM Potter
Infect Immun 40:1234-5. 1983..BALB/c.DBA/2 Idh-1b-Ityr-Pep-3b mice were resistant to in vivo infections by Salmonella typhimurium, Mycobacterium bovis, and Leishmania donovani...
- Evolution and variation of renin genes in miceD P Dickinson
Genetics 108:651-67. 1984..spretus (2.75-5.5 million yr ago). This conclusion is in agreement with a prior estimate based upon comparative sequence analysis of Ren-1 and Ren-2 from inbred laboratory mice...
- Genetic and serologic re-evaluation of LyM-1 antigen specified by a gene closely linked to Mls: establishment of LyM-1 antigen of the mouseH Sato
J Immunogenet 8:27-40. 1981..2 serum under the condition in which Lyb-2.1 is not involved in analysis. The strain distribution of LyM-1 antigen, its preferential expression on B lymphocytes and close genetic linkage of LyM-1 to Mls have been established...
- A new mutation, gld, that produces lymphoproliferation and autoimmunity in C3H/HeJ miceJ B Roths
J Exp Med 159:1-20. 1984....
- Position on mouse chromosome 1 of a gene that controls resistance to Salmonella typhimuriumB A Taylor
Infect Immun 36:1257-60. 1982..The results of a five-point backcross clearly showed that the correct gene order on chromosome 1 is fz-Idh-1-Ity-ln-Pep-3...
- Location of a gene controlling electrophoretic variation in mouse gamma-crystallinsL C Skow
Exp Eye Res 34:509-16. 1982
- Cloning and expression of the mouse laminin gamma 2 (B2t) chain, a subunit of epithelial cell lamininS Sugiyama
Laboratory of Developmental Biology, National Institute of Dental Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Eur J Biochem 228:120-8. 1995..This protein complex is characteristic of the kalinin (nicein/epiligrin) complex, and provides further evidence that these proteins are identical and that the gamma 2 chain is the subunit of the epithelial-cell-specific laminin...
- Chromosomal assignment of three novel mouse genes expressed in testicular cellsL Lemaire
Institut fur Genetik, Heinrich Heine Universitat, Dusseldorf, Federal Republic of Germany
Genomics 21:409-14. 1994....
- New mouse primary retinal degeneration (rd-3)B Chang
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Genomics 16:45-9. 1993..5 cM distal to Akp-1. Homology mapping suggests that the homologous human locus should be on chromosome 1q...
- Cloning and expression in Xenopus oocytes of a mouse homologue of the human acylcoenzyme A: cholesterol acyltransferase and its potential role in metabolism of oxidized LDLS Green
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0682, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 218:924-9. 1996..Injection of ACAT mRNA into oocytes induced specific binding of OxLDL. ACAT is expressed in mouse macrophages as a approximately 3.6 kB transcript and the expression is upregulated in human THP-1 cells treated with PMA...
- Lop12, a mutation in mouse Crygd causing lens opacity similar to human Coppock cataractR S Smith
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Genomics 63:314-20. 2000..It is predicted that the defective gene product alters protein folding of the gamma-crystallin(s) and results in lens opacity...
- Platelet-derived microparticles bind to hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells and enhance their engraftmentA Janowska-Wieczorek
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Blood 98:3143-9. 2001..These findings indicate a new role for PMPs in stem cell transplantation and may have clinical implications for the optimization of transplantations...
- Cutting edge: requirement for IL-15 in the generation of primary and memory antigen-specific CD8 T cellsKimberly S Schluns
Division of Immunology, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
J Immunol 168:4827-31. 2002..IL-15Ralpha expression was low on naive CD8 T cells, up-regulated on Ag-specific effector cells, and sustained on memory cells. Thus, IL-15 was important for the generation and the subsequent maintenance of antiviral memory CD8 T cells...
- A new assay method for late CFU-S formation and long-term reconstituting activity using a small number of pluripotent hemopoietic stem cellsGuoxiang Yang
First Department of Pathology, Transplantation Center, and Regeneration Research Center for Intractable Diseases, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi City, Osaka, Japan
Stem Cells 20:241-8. 2002..Moreover, donor-derived multilineage cells were detected in all the hematolymphoid organs of the recipient mice. This new assay method using a small number of cells would be of great advantage for clarifying which cells are truly P-HSCs...
- Glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase (got) genetics in the mouse: polymorphism of got-1V M Chapman
Department of Biology, Kline Biology Tower, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520
Genetics 70:299-305. 1972..Our results demonstrate the utility of sampling Mus from diverse populations to extend the repertoire of polymorphic loci and the genetic linkage map...
- Congenic interval of CD45/Ly-5 congenic mice contains multiple genes that may influence hematopoietic stem cell engraftmentAmanda Waterstrat
Department of Biological Sciences, Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, USA
Blood 115:408-17. 2010The B6.SJL-Ptprc(d)Pep3(b)/BoyJ (B6...
- Cutting edge: Hematopoietic-derived APCs select regulatory T cells in thymusEulogia Roman
Department of Immunology, University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Immunol 185:3819-23. 2010..In addition, Treg selection requires the TCR signal and CD28 costimulation presented in cis on the same APC type in vivo. This study demonstrates a new role, to our knowledge, for HCs in the development of Tregs in thymus...
- Invariant NKT cells modulate the suppressive activity of IL-10-secreting neutrophils differentiated with serum amyloid ACarmela De Santo
Medical Research Council Human Immunology Unit, Nuffield Department of Medicine, Medical Research Council Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Nat Immunol 11:1039-46. 2010....
- Cannabinoid receptor 2 and its agonists mediate hematopoiesis and hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell mobilizationShuxian Jiang
Division of Experimental Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 117:827-38. 2011..Thus, CB₂ agonists may be therapeutically applied in clinical conditions, such as bone marrow transplantation...
- Immunoproteasomes are essential for survival and expansion of T cells in virus-infected miceJacqueline Moebius
Division of Immunology, Department of Biology, Constance University, Konstanz, Germany
Eur J Immunol 40:3439-49. 2010..Therefore, the immunoproteasome may qualify as a potential new target for the suppression of undesired proinflammatory T-cell responses...
- Recruited inflammatory monocytes stimulate antiviral Th1 immunity in infected tissueNorifumi Iijima
Department of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:284-9. 2011....
- Antigen-independent signalosome of CARMA1, PKCθ, and TNF receptor-associated factor 2 (TRAF2) determines NF-κB signaling in T cellsTakanori So
Divisions of Molecular Immunology and Cell Biology, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:2903-8. 2011..Thus, by recruiting TCR-related intracellular molecules into the TRAF2 complex, OX40 provides the T cell with a high level of NF-κB activity needed for longevity...
- Musashi 2 is a regulator of the HSC compartment identified by a retroviral insertion screen and knockout miceLuisa de Andres-Aguayo
Differentiation and Cancer Program, Center for Genomic Regulation and UPF, Barcelona, Spain
Blood 118:554-64. 2011..Our data indicate that Msi2 maintains the stem cell compartment mainly by regulating the proliferation of primitive progenitors downstream of LT-HSCs...
- Bcl6 protein expression shapes pre-germinal center B cell dynamics and follicular helper T cell heterogeneityMasahiro Kitano
Research Unit for Immunodynamics, RIKEN, Research Center for Allergy and Immunology, Yokohama, 230 0045, Japan
Immunity 34:961-72. 2011..These results clarify the role of Bcl6 in pre-GC B cell dynamics and highlight the modulation of Bcl6 expression in Tfh cells that persist in the late phase of the antibody response...
- A cell-intrinsic role for CaMKK2 in granulocyte lineage commitment and differentiationEllen C Teng
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27708, USA
J Leukoc Biol 90:897-909. 2011..Collectively, our results reveal a novel role for CaMKK2 as an inhibitor of granulocytic fate commitment and differentiation in early myeloid progenitors...
- The AXB and BXA set of recombinant inbred mouse strainsJ D Marshall
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609 1500
Mamm Genome 3:669-80. 1992..Thus, the AXB and BXA set of RI strains will be useful in the genetic analysis of several complex diseases...
- Sequence and organization of the mouse poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase geneK Huppi
Laboratory of Genetics, NCI, Bethesda, MD 20892
Nucleic Acids Res 17:3387-401. 1989..Furthermore, ADPRP is closely associated with the autoimmune locus gld (generalized lymphadenopathy)...
- A mouse linkage testing stock possessing multiple copies of the endogenous ecotropic murine leukemia virus genomeB A Taylor
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Genomics 5:221-32. 1989..Ways of further improving the MEV stock are discussed. The location of the Myb proto-oncogene is defined relative to Sl and one of the C58/J proviruses on chromosome 10...
- Chromosomal localization of Emv-16 and Emv-17, two closely linked ecotropic proviruses of RF/J miceA M Buchberg
J Virol 60:1175-8. 1986....
- BALB.D2-Mlsa--a new congenic mouse strainH Festenstein
Transplantation 37:322-4. 1984
- Genetic mapping of xenotropic murine leukemia virus-inducing loci in five mouse strainsC A Kozak
J Exp Med 152:219-28. 1980..An analysis of the hamster X mouse somatic cell hybrids indicated that chromosome 1, alone, was sufficient for virus induction...
- Characterization and chromosomal location of endogenous mouse mammary tumor virus loci in GR, NFS, and DBA miceJ I MacInnes
Virology 132:12-25. 1984....
- Mouse alloantigen system Ly-m22 predominantly expressed on T lymphocytes and controlled by a gene linked to M1s region on chromosome 1N Tada
Hybridoma 2:29-38. 1983..Analysis of BXD and SWXL recombinant inbred strains revealed close linkage between Ly-m22 and Ltw-4 loci on chromosome 1. The estimated recombination frequency is 0.027 +/- 0.081...