Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Prkg2
Description: protein kinase, cGMP-dependent, type II
Alias: AW212535, CGKII, Prkgr2, cGK-II, cGMP-dependent protein kinase 2, cGK 2, cGK2, cGMP-dependent protein kinase II
- Cloning and expression of a novel cyclic GMP-dependent protein kinase from mouse brainM D Uhler
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0197
J Biol Chem 268:13586-91. 1993..The second class (CGKII) of amplification products contained approximately 1...
- Intestinal secretory defects and dwarfism in mice lacking cGMP-dependent protein kinase IIA Pfeifer
Institut f ur Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Technische Universitat Munchen, Biedersteiner Strasse 29, D 80802 M unchen, Germany
Science 274:2082-6. 1996..The cGKII-deficient mice also developed dwarfism that was caused by a severe defect in endochondral ossification at the ..
- Cyclic GMP-dependent protein kinase II plays a critical role in C-type natriuretic peptide-mediated endochondral ossificationTakashi Miyazawa
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Endocrinology 143:3604-10. 2002..The type II cGK (cGKII)-deficient mice (Prkg2(-/-) mice) develop dwarfism as a result of impaired endochondral ossification, suggesting ..
- cGMP-dependent protein kinase II modulates mPer1 and mPer2 gene induction and influences phase shifts of the circadian clockHenrik Oster
Department of Medicine, Division of Biochemistry, University of Fribourg, 1700 Fribourg, Switzerland
Curr Biol 13:725-33. 2003..The major stimulus for adjustment (resetting) of the clock is nocturnal light. It evokes activation of signaling pathways in the SCN that ultimately lead to expression of mPer1 and mPer2 genes conveying adjustment of the clock...
- A GluR1-cGKII interaction regulates AMPA receptor traffickingYafell Serulle
Program in Neuroscience and Physiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Neuron 56:670-88. 2007..We have found that the GluR1 CTD binds to cGMP-dependent protein kinase II (cGKII) adjacent to the kinase catalytic site. Binding of GluR1 is increased when cGKII is activated by cGMP...
- Cyclic GMP-dependent protein kinase II is a molecular switch from proliferation to hypertrophic differentiation of chondrocytesHirotaka Chikuda
Department of Sensory and Motor System Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Genes Dev 18:2418-29. 2004..Here we identified the mri mutation as a deletion in the rat gene encoding cGMP-dependent protein kinase type II (cGKII)...
- Importance of NO/cGMP signalling via cGMP-dependent protein kinase II for controlling emotionality and neurobehavioural effects of alcoholClaudia Werner
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Technische Universitat Munchen, Biedersteiner Strasse 29, 80802 Munchen, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 20:3498-506. 2004..Here, we explored the localization of cGMP-dependent protein kinase type II (cGKII) in the mouse brain...
- Interaction of cCMP with the cGK, cAK and MAPK Kinases in Murine TissuesStefanie Wolfertstetter
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Institute of Pharmacy, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 10:e0126057. 2015..nucleotide-dependent protein kinases and lung and jejunum tissues of wild type (WT), cGKI-knockout (cGKI KO) and cGKII-knockout (cGKII KO) mice. The catalytic activity of protein kinases was measured by a (γ-32P) ATP kinase assay...
- Network compensation of cyclic GMP-dependent protein kinase II knockout in the hippocampus by Ca2+-permeable AMPA receptorsSeonil Kim
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:3122-7. 2015..We have studied mice lacking cGMP-dependent kinase II (cGKII), which phosphorylates GluA1, a subunit of AMPA receptors (AMPARs), and promotes hippocampal long-term ..
- Cyclic GMP kinase II (cGKII) inhibits NHE3 by altering its trafficking and phosphorylating NHE3 at three required sites: identification of a multifunctional phosphorylation siteTiane Chen
From the Departments of Physiology and Medicine, Gastroenterology Division, and
J Biol Chem 290:1952-65. 2015The epithelial brush-border Na(+)/H(+) exchanger NHE3 is acutely inhibited by cGKII/cGMP, but how cGKII inhibits NHE3 is unknown...
- cGMP-dependent protein kinase type II knockout mice exhibit working memory impairments, decreased repetitive behavior, and increased anxiety-like traitsCharlotte M Wincott
Graduate Program in Neuroscience and Physiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, United States Electronic address
Neurobiol Learn Mem 114:32-9. 2014..cGMP-dependent protein kinase type II (cGKII) is ultimately activated via this mechanism and AMPA receptor subunit GluA1 is phosphorylated at serine 845...
- Function of cGMP-dependent protein kinase II in volume load-induced diuresisAndrea Schramm
Pharmacology and Toxicology, Institute of Pharmacy, University of Regensburg, Universitätsstr 31, 93053, Regensburg, Germany
Pflugers Arch 466:2009-18. 2014..To elucidate a probable function of cGMP-dependent protein kinase II (cGKII), we investigated renal parameters in different conditions (basal, salt diets, starving, water load) using a ..
- Type 2 cGMP-dependent protein kinase regulates homeostasis by blocking c-Jun N-terminal kinase in the colon epitheliumR Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Cancer Research Center, Georgia Regents University, Augusta, GA, USA
Cell Death Differ 21:427-37. 2014..We increased cGMP in the gut of Prkg2(+/+) and Prkg2(-/-) mice by treating with the PDE5 inhibitor Vardenafil (IP)...
- The type II cGMP dependent protein kinase regulates GluA1 levels at the plasma membrane of developing cerebellar granule cellsSalvatore Incontro
Departamento de Bioquimica, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
Biochim Biophys Acta 1833:1820-31. 2013..We have found that the type II cGMP-dependent protein kinase (cGKII) phosphorylates GluA1 (formerly GluR1) at S845, augmenting the surface expression of AMPARs at both synaptic and ..
- ICln159 folds into a pleckstrin homology domain-like structure. Interaction with kinases and the splicing factor LSm4Johannes Furst
Department of Physiology and Medical Physics, Innsbruck Medical University, Fritz Pregl Strasse 3, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Biol Chem 280:31276-82. 2005..Furthermore, ICln159 interacts with LSm4, a protein involved in splicing and mRNA degradation, suggesting that the ICln159 PH domain may serve as a protein-protein interaction platform...
- Spatial memory deficits and motor coordination facilitation in cGMP-dependent protein kinase type II-deficient miceCharlotte M Wincott
Graduate Program in Neuroscience and Physiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, United States
Neurobiol Learn Mem 99:32-7. 2013..In turn, cGMP activates the cGMP-dependent protein kinase type II (cGKII), which phosphorylates the AMPA receptor subunit GluA1 at serine 845, a critical step facilitating synaptic ..
- Type 2 cGMP-dependent protein kinase regulates proliferation and differentiation in the colonic mucosaRui Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Georgia Health Sciences University, Augusta, Georgia, GA 30912 2100, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 303:G209-19. 2012..Tissue homeostasis was examined in the proximal colon of Prkg2(-/-) mice using histological markers of proliferation and differentiation...
- Cyclic GMP and protein kinase G control a Src-containing mechanosome in osteoblastsHema Rangaswami
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Sci Signal 3:ra91. 2010..These results support the use of PKG-activating drugs to mimic the anabolic effects of mechanical stimulation of bone in the treatment of osteoporosis...
- The cGMP-dependent protein kinase II Is an inhibitory modulator of the hyperpolarization-activated HCN2 channelVerena Hammelmann
Munich Center for Integrated Protein Science CIPSM, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e17078. 2011..that in the HCN2 channel cGMP can also exert an inhibitory effect on gating via cGMP-dependent protein kinase II (cGKII)-mediated phosphorylation...
- Expression of the human cGMP-dependent protein kinase II gene is lost upon introduction of SV40 T antigen or immortalization in human cellsM Fujii
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, Japan
FEBS Lett 375:263-7. 1995..Also in various immortalized cell lines tested, the gene was not expressed. In normal diploid fibroblasts, the gene was constitutively expressed during cell-cycle and population doubling levels (PDLs)...
- Epithelial hedgehog signals pattern the intestinal crypt-villus axisBlair B Madison
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0616, USA
Development 132:279-89. 2005..Thus, through a combined Hh signal to underlying ISEMFs, the epithelium patterns the crypt-villus axis, ensuring the proper size and location of the emerging precrypt compartment...
- Cloning, expression, and in situ localization of rat intestinal cGMP-dependent protein kinase IIT Jarchau
Medizinische Universitäts Klinik Würzburg, Klinische Biochemie and Pathobiochemie, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:9426-30. 1994The cDNA for a membrane-associated cGMP-dependent protein kinase (cGK II) was cloned from rat intestine using reverse transcriptase PCR and oligonucleotide primers encoding two conserved motifs of known cGMP-dependent protein kinases and ..
- Role of cGMP-kinase II in the control of renin secretion and renin expressionC Wagner
Institut fur Physiologie I, Universitat Regensburg, D 93040 Regensburg, Germany
J Clin Invest 102:1576-82. 1998..protein kinases (cGKs) in the control of the renin system, we studied the regulation of renin in cGKI- or cGKII-deficient mice in vivo and in vitro...
- Long-term potentiation in the hippocampal CA1 region of mice lacking cGMP-dependent kinases is normal and susceptible to inhibition of nitric oxide synthaseT Kleppisch
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, 80802 Munchen, Germany
J Neurosci 19:48-55. 1999..Two genes code for the isozymes cGKI and cGKII in vertebrates...
- Cyclic GMP-dependent protein kinases: understanding in vivo functions by gene targetingP Ruth
Institut für Pharmakologie und Toxikologie der Technischen Universität, Munchen, Germany
Pharmacol Ther 82:355-72. 1999..Mice deficient in cGMP kinases exhibit severe defects and, therefore, may serve as animal models for several human diseases, including hypertension, thrombosis, gastrointestinal dysmotility, and dwarfism...
- Impaired relaxation of stomach smooth muscle in mice lacking cyclic GMP-dependent protein kinase IL Ny
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Br J Pharmacol 129:395-401. 2000..Relaxant agents acting via the cyclic AMP-pathway can exert their effects independently of cGKI...
- Inhibition of cGMP-dependent protein kinase II by its own splice isoformStepan Gambaryan
Institute of Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry, Medical University Clinic, Josef Schneider Strasse 2, Wuerzburg D 97080, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 293:1438-44. 2002cGMP- and cAMP-dependent protein kinases (cGK I, cGK II, and cAK) are important mediators of many signaling pathways that increase cyclic nucleotide concentrations and ultimately phosphorylation of substrates vital to cellular functions...
- Transcriptional regulation of cGMP-dependent protein kinase II (cGK-II) in chondrocytesKeizo Yuasa
Department of Biological Science and Technology, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 74:44-9. 2010..These results suggest that the homeobox gene Nkx family is critical for the transcriptional regulation of cGK-II during chondrogenesis...
- Type II cGMP-dependent protein kinase mediates osteoblast mechanotransductionHema Rangaswami
Department of Medicine and Cancer Center, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
J Biol Chem 284:14796-808. 2009....
- cGMP-dependent protein kinase II and aldosterone secretionBeate Spiessberger
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Medizinische Fakultat, Technische Universitat Munchen, Germany
FEBS J 276:1007-13. 2009..Recently it was reported that activation of cGMP-dependent protein kinase II (cGKII) stimulated aldosterone secretion in rat zona glomerulosa cells...
- Trafficking of cGMP-dependent protein kinase II via interaction with Rab11Keizo Yuasa
Department of Biological Science and Technology, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Tokushima 770 8506, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 374:522-6. 2008..These data indicate that Rab11b is necessary for the trafficking of cGK-II and that the cGMP/cGK-II signaling pathway is closely related to Rab11b recycling pathway...
- Phosphorylation of GSK-3beta by cGMP-dependent protein kinase II promotes hypertrophic differentiation of murine chondrocytesYosuke Kawasaki
Sensory and Motor System Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Clin Invest 118:2506-15. 2008cGMP-dependent protein kinase II (cGKII; encoded by PRKG2) is a serine/threonine kinase that is critical for skeletal growth in mammals; in mice, cGKII deficiency results in dwarfism...
- Autophosphorylation of cGMP-dependent protein kinase type IIArie B Vaandrager
Department of Biochemistry, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam 3000 DR, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 278:28651-8. 2003..cGMP-dependent phosphorylation of cGK II was also demonstrated in intact COS-1 cells and intestinal epithelium...
- The receptor guanylyl cyclase Npr2 is essential for sensory axon bifurcation within the spinal cordHannes Schmidt
Max Delbruck Centrum fur Molekulare Medizin, Berlin D 13092, Germany
J Cell Biol 179:331-40. 2007..Hence, our data demonstrate that Npr2 and cGKI are essential constituents of the signaling pathway underlying axonal bifurcation at the DREZ and neuronal connectivity in the dorsal spinal cord...
- Cyclic guanosine 5'-monophosphate-dependent protein kinase II is induced by luteinizing hormone and progesterone receptor-dependent mechanisms in granulosa cells and cumulus oocyte complexes of ovulating folliclesVenkataraman Sriraman
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Endocrinol 20:348-61. 2006Cyclic GMP (cGMP)-dependent protein kinase II (Prkg2, cGK II) was identified as a potential target of the progesterone receptor (Nr3c3) in the mouse ovary based on microarray analyses...