Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tcf7l2
Description: transcription factor 7 like 2, T cell specific, HMG box
Alias: TCF4B, TCF4E, Tcf-4, Tcf4, transcription factor 7-like 2, HMG box transcription factor 4, HMG box transcription factor TCF7L2, T-cell-specific transcription factor 4
Publications103 found, 100 shown here
- Canonical Wnt signaling in differentiated osteoblasts controls osteoclast differentiationDonald A Glass
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Bone Disease Program of Texas, Houston, 77030, USA
Dev Cell 8:751-64. 2005....
- Rbm19 is a nucleolar protein expressed in crypt/progenitor cells of the intestinal epitheliumJames A Lorenzen
Gastroenterology Section, Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 6:45-56. 2005..Taken together, these data point to the nucleolus as a possible locus for regulating the proliferation/differentiation cell fate decision in the intestinal epithelium...
- The PDZ protein tax-interacting protein-1 inhibits beta-catenin transcriptional activity and growth of colorectal cancer cellsMutsumi Kanamori
Laboratory for Genome Exploration Research Group, RIKEN Genomic Sciences Center, 1 7 22 Suehiro cho, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:38758-64. 2003..These data suggest that TIP-1 may represent a novel regulatory element in the Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway...
- Two members of the Tcf family implicated in Wnt/beta-catenin signaling during embryogenesis in the mouseV Korinek
Department of Immunology, University Hospital, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mol Cell Biol 18:1248-56. 1998..These data demonstrate a direct link between Wnt stimulation and beta-catenin/Tcf transcriptional activation and imply a role for mTcf-3 and -4 in early Wnt-driven developmental decisions in the mouse embryo...
- Depletion of epithelial stem-cell compartments in the small intestine of mice lacking Tcf-4V Korinek
Department of Immunology, University Hospital, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Nat Genet 19:379-83. 1998..The constitutive activity of Tcf-4 in APC-deficient human epithelial cells may contribute to their malignant transformation by maintaining stem-cell characteristics...
- TCF-4 binds beta-catenin and is expressed in distinct regions of the embryonic brain and limbsE A Cho
Department of Pathology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Mech Dev 77:9-18. 1998..In extended streak stage embryos (E7.5), Tcf4 expression was detected in anterior endoderm. E8...
- A possible role for the high mobility group box transcription factor Tcf-4 in vertebrate gut epithelial cell differentiationY J Lee
Department of Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 274:1566-72. 1999..Taken together, these findings point to a potentially important function for Tcf-4 in development of the vertebrate gastrointestinal tract...
- Expression of CD44 in Apc and Tcf mutant mice implies regulation by the WNT pathwayV J Wielenga
Department of Pathology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Pathol 154:515-23. 1999..Our results indicate that CD44 expression is part of a genetic program controlled by the beta-catenin/Tcf-4 signaling pathway and suggest a role for CD44 in the generation and turnover of epithelial cells...
- Wnt3a-/--like phenotype and limb deficiency in Lef1(-/-)Tcf1(-/-) miceJ Galceran
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Departments of Microbiology and Biochemistry, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Genes Dev 13:709-17. 1999..However, targeted gene inactivations of Lef1, Tcf1, or Tcf4 in the mouse do not produce phenotypes that mimic any known Wnt mutation...
- TCF transcription factors: molecular switches in carcinogenesisJ Roose
Department of Immunology, Center for Biomedical Genetics, University Medical Center Utrecht, 3508 GA, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1424:M23-37. 1999..We will discuss Tcf signaling upon interaction with different partners, resulting in activator and repressor roles of Tcf factors in the light of carcinogenic events...
- Hippocampus development and generation of dentate gyrus granule cells is regulated by LEF1J Galceran
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Microbiology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Development 127:469-82. 2000..Thus, LEF1 regulates the generation of dentate gyrus granule cells, and together with other LEF1/TCF proteins, the development of the hippocampus...
- Expression of Tcf/Lef and sFrp and localization of beta-catenin in the developing mouse lungM Tebar
Department of Pulmonology, Leiden University Medical Center, NL 2300 RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Mech Dev 109:437-40. 2001..5 onward), and adjacent mesenchyme. Tcf1, Lef1, Tcf3, Tcf4, sFrp1, sFrp2 and sFrp4 were also expressed in the PE, AE, and adjacent mesenchyme in specific spatio-temporal ..
- Identification of members of the Wnt signaling pathway in the embryonic pituitary glandK R Douglas
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, 4301 MSRBIII, 1500 W Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0638, USA
Mamm Genome 12:843-51. 2001..The frizzled2 receptor, Apc, beta-catenin, groucho, and a novel isoform of TCF4 (officially named Tcf7l2) were identified in developing pituitary libraries...
- T-cell factor 4N (TCF-4N), a novel isoform of mouse TCF-4, synergizes with beta-catenin to coactivate C/EBPalpha and steroidogenic factor 1 transcription factorsJennifer A Kennell
Program in Cellular and Molecular Biology, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Michigan Medical School, 1301 E Catherine Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0622, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:5366-75. 2003..Thus, we propose that TCF-4N inhibits coactivation by beta-catenin of TCF/LEF transcription factors and potentiates the coactivation by beta-catenin of other transcription factors, such as SF-1 and C/EBPalpha...
- A Tcf4-positive mesodermal population provides a prepattern for vertebrate limb muscle patterningGabrielle Kardon
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, 200 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Cell 5:937-44. 2003..of lateral plate-derived limb mesodermal cells in both chick and mouse that expresses the transcription factor Tcf4 in a muscle-specific pattern independently of the muscle cells themselves...
- Hindgut defects and transformation of the gastro-intestinal tract in Tcf4(-/-)/Tcf1(-/-) embryosAlex Gregorieff
Netherlands Institute for Developmental Biology and Center for Biomedical Genetics, Hubrecht Laboratory, Uppsalalaan, CT Utrecht, The Netherlands
EMBO J 23:1825-33. 2004..To gain new insight into the role of T-cell factors (or Tcf's) during development, we analysed Tcf4 and Tcf1 compound null embryos...
- Severe defects in dorsal thalamic development in low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein-6 mutantsCheng Ji Zhou
Department of Neurology, Program in Neuroscience, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0435, USA
J Neurosci 24:7632-9. 2004..This study provides compelling in vivo evidence that thalamic development requires normal activity of the LRP6-mediated canonical Wnt signaling pathway...
- Beta-catenin is essential for pancreatic acinar but not islet developmentL Charles Murtaugh
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Development 132:4663-74. 2005..Thus, our data are consistent with a crucial role for canonical Wnt signals in acinar lineage specification and differentiation...
- HIC1 attenuates Wnt signaling by recruitment of TCF-4 and beta-catenin to the nuclear bodiesTomas Valenta
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
EMBO J 25:2326-37. 2006..These data indicate that the intracellular amounts of HIC1 protein can modulate the level of the transcriptional stimulation of the genes regulated by canonical Wnt/beta-catenin signaling...
- TCF7L2 controls insulin gene expression and insulin secretion in mature pancreatic beta-cellsMerewyn K Loder
Imperial College, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Cell Biology, Sir Alexander Fleming Building, Exhibition Road, South Kensington, London SW7 2AZ, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 36:357-9. 2008..SNPs (single nucleotide polymorphisms) in the gene encoding the Wnt signalling-associated transcription factor, TCF7L2 (T-cell factor 7-like 2)...
- Expression and molecular diversity of Tcf7l2 in the developing murine cerebellum and brainTommy A Nazwar
Anatomisches Institut, Anatomie and Zellbiologie, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat Bonn, Bonn, Germany
J Neurosci Res 87:1532-46. 2009..Here, we mapped the developmental expression of the Tcf7l2, which is key to the canonical Wingless signaling cascade, in the developing cerebellum...
- TCF7L2 regulates late events in insulin secretion from pancreatic islet beta-cellsGabriela Da Silva Xavier
Section of Cell Biology, Division of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London, UK
Diabetes 58:894-905. 2009Polymorphisms in the human TCF7L2 gene are associated with reduced insulin secretion and an increased risk of type 2 diabetes. However, the mechanisms by which TCF7L2 affect insulin secretion are still unclear...
- Decreased TCF7L2 protein levels in type 2 diabetes mellitus correlate with downregulation of GIP- and GLP-1 receptors and impaired beta-cell functionLuan Shu
Islet Biology Laboratory, Centre for Biomolecular Interactions Bremen, University of Bremen, Bremen, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 18:2388-99. 2009Recent human genetics studies have revealed that common variants of the TCF7L2 (T-cell factor 7-like 2, formerly known as TCF4) gene are strongly associated with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM)...
- HDAC1 and HDAC2 regulate oligodendrocyte differentiation by disrupting the beta-catenin-TCF interactionFeng Ye
Department of Developmental Biology and Kent Waldrep Foundation Center for Basic Neuroscience Research on Nerve Growth and Regeneration, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, USA
Nat Neurosci 12:829-38. 2009..We further identified the oligodendrocyte-restricted transcription factor TCF7L2/TCF4 as a bipartite co-effector of beta-catenin for regulating oligodendrocyte differentiation...
- Dysregulation of the Wnt pathway inhibits timely myelination and remyelination in the mammalian CNSStephen P J Fancy
Institute for Regeneration Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Genes Dev 23:1571-85. 2009..genes show dynamic expression during repair and that expression of the Wnt pathway mediator Tcf4 (aka Tcf7l2) within OLPs is specific to lesioned-but not normal-adult white matter...
- Agouti C57BL/6N embryonic stem cells for mouse genetic resourcesStephen J Pettitt
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Cambridge, UK
Nat Methods 6:493-5. 2009..These cells provide a robust foundation for large-scale mouse knockout programs that aim to provide a public resource of targeted mutations in the C57BL/6 genetic background...
- Lrp6-mediated canonical Wnt signaling is required for lip formation and fusionLanying Song
Department of Cell Biology and Human Anatomy, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Development 136:3161-71. 2009..Thus, the Lrp6-mediated Wnt signaling pathway is required for lip development by orchestrating two distinctively different morphogenetic movements...
- Expression of the diabetes-associated gene TCF7L2 in adult mouse brainSyann Lee
Department of Internal Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9077, USA
J Comp Neurol 517:925-39. 2009Polymorphisms of the gene TCF7L2 (transcription factor 7-like 2) are strongly associated with the development and progression of type 2 diabetes...
- Regulation of wingless-type MMTV integration site family (WNT) signalling in pancreatic islets from wild-type and obese miceJ Krutzfeldt
Laboratory of Metabolic Diseases, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY, USA
Diabetologia 53:123-7. 2010b>TCF7L2 is a type 2 diabetes susceptibility gene and downstream effector of canonical wingless-type MMTV integration site family (WNT) signalling...
- Differential activity of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in the embryonic mouse thalamusKrista K Bluske
Department of Neuroscience, and Graduate Program in Neuroscience, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Dev Dyn 238:3297-309. 2009..Analysis of mice with enhanced or reduced Shh signal showed that Axin2 expression is similar to controls. These results suggest that differential Wnt signaling may play a role in patterning the thalamus independent of Shh signaling...
- Alternative splicing of Tcf7l2 transcripts generates protein variants with differential promoter-binding and transcriptional activation properties at Wnt/beta-catenin targetsAndreas Weise
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Cell Research, Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Cell Research, Spemann Graduate School of Biology and Medicine, Albert Ludwigs University Freiburg, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 38:1964-81. 2010..The mouse Tcf7l2 gene is subject to alternative splicing...
- T-cell factor 4 functions as a tumor suppressor whose disruption modulates colon cell proliferation and tumorigenesisMelinda L Angus-Hill
Department of Human Genetics, and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:4914-9. 2011..Misregulation of this pathway is thought to initiate colon adenoma formation. It is controversial whether Tcf4 (Tcf7L2) functions as an oncogene or tumor suppressor gene in colon carcinogenesis...
- Alterations in TCF7L2 expression define its role as a key regulator of glucose metabolismDaniel Savic
Department of Human Genetics, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Genome Res 21:1417-25. 2011Genome-wide association studies (GWAS) have consistently implicated noncoding variation within the TCF7L2 locus with type 2 diabetes (T2D) risk...
- A novel mechanism for the transcriptional regulation of Wnt signaling in developmentTomas Vacik
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, The Salk Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Genes Dev 25:1783-95. 2011..Among these, we identify an extraordinarily conserved intronic region within the gene encoding Tcf7l2, a key mediator of canonical Wnt signaling...
- Modulation ofTcf7l2 expression alters behavior in miceDaniel Savic
Department of Human Genetics, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e26897. 2011..In support of shared genetic burdens, TCF7L2, the strongest genetic determinant for T2D risk in the human population, has been recently implicated in ..
- Abnormal glucose tolerance and insulin secretion in pancreas-specific Tcf7l2-null miceG da Silva Xavier
Section of Cell Biology, Division of Diabetes, Department of Medicine, Imperial College London, London SW7 2AZ, UK
Diabetologia 55:2667-76. 2012Individuals carrying type 2 diabetes risk alleles in TCF7L2 display decreased beta cell levels of T cell factor 7 like-2 (TCF7L2) immunoreactivity, and impaired insulin secretion and beta cell sensitivity to glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1)..
- Reduction in Tcf7l2 expression decreases diabetic susceptibility in miceHyekyung Yang
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Int J Biol Sci 8:791-801. 2012The WNT signaling pathway effector gene TCF7L2 has been associated with an increased risk of type 2 diabetes. However, it remains unclear how this gene affects diabetic pathogenesis...
- The Wnt signaling pathway effector TCF7L2 controls gut and brain proglucagon gene expression and glucose homeostasisWeijuan Shao
Division of Cell and Molecular Biology, Toronto General Research Institute, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Diabetes 62:789-800. 2013The type 2 diabetes risk gene TCF7L2 is the effector of the Wnt signaling pathway...
- The Wnt signaling pathway effector TCF7L2 is upregulated by insulin and represses hepatic gluconeogenesisWilfred Ip
Institute of Medical Science, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 303:E1166-76. 2012Certain single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) are strongly associated with the risk of type 2 diabetes...
- TCF7L2 modulates glucose homeostasis by regulating CREB- and FoxO1-dependent transcriptional pathway in the liverKyoung Jin Oh
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Department of Molecular Cell Biology and Samsung Biomedical Institute, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Suwon, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
PLoS Genet 8:e1002986. 2012Peripheral insulin resistance contributes to the development of type 2 diabetes. TCF7L2 has been tightly associated with this disease, although the exact mechanism was largely elusive...
- Diabetes risk gene and Wnt effector Tcf7l2/TCF4 controls hepatic response to perinatal and adult metabolic demandSylvia F Boj
Hubrecht Institute, KNAW and University Medical Center Utrecht, 3584CT Utrecht, The Netherlands
Cell 151:1595-607. 2012Most studies on TCF7L2 SNP variants in the pathogenesis of type 2 diabetes (T2D) focus on a role of the encoded transcription factor TCF4 in β cells...
- TCF7L2 in mouse pancreatic beta cells plays a crucial role in glucose homeostasis by regulating beta cell massIseki Takamoto
Department of Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 8655, Japan
Diabetologia 57:542-53. 2014Common genetic variations of the transcription factor 7-like 2 gene (encoded by TCF7L2), one of the T cell factor/lymphoid enhancer-binding factor transcription factors for the converging wingless-type MMTV integration site family (Wnt)/β..
- Identification of Dlk1, Ptpru and Klhl1 as novel Nurr1 target genes in meso-diencephalic dopamine neuronsFrank M J Jacobs
Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Universiteitsweg 100, 3584 CG, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Development 136:2363-73. 2009....
- Otx2 and Otx1 protect diencephalon and mesencephalon from caudalization into metencephalon during early brain regionalizationYusuke Sakurai
Laboratory for Vertebrate Body Plan, Center for Developmental Biology, RIKEN Kobe, 2 2 3 Minatojima minamimachi, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0047, Japan
Dev Biol 347:392-403. 2010..In contrast, the medial pallium requires Otx1 and Otx2 for its development later than E9.5, and the Otx2 expression in diencepalon and mesencephalon later than E9.5 is also directed by an enhancer other than FM1 and FM2 enhancers...
- Wnt/β-catenin signaling in the dental mesenchyme regulates incisor development by regulating Bmp4Sayumi Fujimori
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Dr Bohrgasse 7, Vienna, Austria
Dev Biol 348:97-106. 2010..This provides a mechanism whereby the number of incisors arising from one placode can be varied through local alterations of a mesenchymal signaling circuit involving β-catenin, Lef1, Tcf1 and Bmp4...
- Function of Wnt/β-catenin in counteracting Tcf3 repression through the Tcf3-β-catenin interactionChun I Wu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
Development 139:2118-29. 2012..In contrast to β-catenin-dependent functions described for Tcf1, Tcf4 and Lef1, the known embryonic functions for Tcf3 in mice, frogs and fish are consistent with β-catenin-independent ..
- In vivo transcriptional governance of hair follicle stem cells by canonical Wnt regulatorsWen Hui Lien
1 Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Laboratory of Mammalian Cell Biology and Development, The Rockefeller UniversityNew York New York 10065 USA 2
Nat Cell Biol 16:179-90. 2014..We show that during HFSC quiescence, TCF3, TCF4 and TLE (Groucho) bind coordinately and transcriptionally repress Wnt target genes...
- Selective disruption of Tcf7l2 in the pancreatic β cell impairs secretory function and lowers β cell massRyan K Mitchell
Section of Cell Biology, Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine
Hum Mol Genet 24:1390-9. 2015..Single nucleotide polymorphisms in the T-cell factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) gene, associated with T2D by genome-wide association studies, lead to impaired β cell function...
- Evidence of non-pancreatic beta cell-dependent roles of Tcf7l2 in the regulation of glucose metabolism in miceKathleen A Bailey
Department of Human Genetics
Hum Mol Genet 24:1646-54. 2015Non-coding variation within TCF7L2 remains the strongest genetic determinant of type 2 diabetes risk in humans...
- Wt1 and β-catenin cooperatively regulate diaphragm development in the mouseNicole D Paris
Department of Biomedical Genetics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Dev Biol 407:40-56. 2015..Our data suggest a fundamental role for mesothelial signaling in proper formation of the diaphragm...
- MiR-181a-5p regulates 3T3-L1 cell adipogenesis by targeting Smad7 and Tcf7l2Dan Ouyang
College of Veterinary Medicine, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou 510642, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 48:1034-1041. 2016..Furthermore, by using the luciferase assay, Smad7 and Tcf7l2, two important members of transforming growth factor-β (TGFβ) and Wnt signaling pathway, were proven to be the ..
- Dual alterations in casein kinase I-epsilon and GSK-3beta modulate beta-catenin stability in hyperproliferating colonic epitheliaShahid Umar
Div of Gastroenterology, Univ of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 0632, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G599-607. 2007....
- Wnt3a regulates Lef-1 expression during airway submucosal gland morphogenesisRyan R Driskell
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Dev Biol 305:90-102. 2007..complexes during early phases of SMG development and immunolocalization studies confirmed abundant expression of Tcf4, but not Tcf1 or Tcf3, at this stage...
- Wnt/beta-catenin signaling promotes expansion of Isl-1-positive cardiac progenitor cells through regulation of FGF signalingEthan David Cohen
Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Clin Invest 117:1794-804. 2007..These data reveal what we believe to be a novel Wnt-FGF signaling axis required for expansion of Isl-1-positive AHF progenitors and suggest future therapies to increase the number and function of these cells for cardiac regeneration...
- Pathological responses to oncogenic Hedgehog signaling in skin are dependent on canonical Wnt/beta3-catenin signalingSteven Hoseong Yang
Department of Dermatology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan Medical School, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Nat Genet 40:1130-5. 2008....
- Fuz regulates craniofacial development through tissue specific responses to signaling factorsZichao Zhang
Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M Health Science Center, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e24608. 2011..These data demonstrate a new model for coordination of Hh and Wnt signaling and reveal a Fuz-dependent negative feedback loop controlling Wnt/β-catenin signaling...
- Increased β-catenin activity in the anterior neural plate induces ectopic mid-hindbrain characteristicsHunki Paek
Departments of Neuroscience and Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10464, USA
Dev Dyn 241:242-6. 2012..Despite this similarity, telencephalic and mid-hindbrain precursors express distinct genes and ultimately generate different cell types, tissue morphologies, and neural functions...
- Tcf7l2 is tightly controlled during myelin formationHui Fu
Department of Physiology, Basic Medical College of Nanchang University, Nanchang, Jiangxi, China
Cell Mol Neurobiol 32:345-52. 2012Recent, studies have shown that Tcf7l2, an important transcription factor in Wnt pathway, plays critical roles in oligodendrocyte development...
- Inhibition of adipogenesis by Wnt signalingS E Ross
Department of Physiology, Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0622, USA
Science 289:950-3. 2000..When Wnt signaling in preadipocytes is prevented by overexpression of Axin or dominant-negative TCF4, these cells differentiate into adipocytes...
- WNT5A signaling affects pituitary gland shapeKelly B Cha
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, 1500 W Medical Center Drive, 4301 MSRB 3, Ann Arbor, MI 48019 0638, USA
Mech Dev 121:183-94. 2004..This study suggests that the primary role of Wnt5a in the developing pituitary gland is in establishment of the shape of the gland...
- Hyperactive Wnt signaling changes the developmental potential of embryonic lung endodermTadashi Okubo
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Biol 3:11. 2004..The full range of effects of this pathway, which includes the transcription factor Lef1, has not been explored, however...
- Regulation of Otx2 expression and its functions in mouse epiblast and anterior neuroectodermDaisuke Kurokawa
Laboratory for Vertebrate Body Plan, Center for Developmental Biology CDB RIKEN Kobe, 2 2 3 Minatojima minamimachi, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0046, Japan
Development 131:3307-17. 2004..The AN enhancer region is conserved among mouse, human and Xenopus; moreover, the counterpart region in Xenopus exhibited an enhancer activity in mouse anterior neuroectoderm...
- Orpk mouse model of polycystic kidney disease reveals essential role of primary cilia in pancreatic tissue organizationDavid A Cano
Diabetes Center, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Development 131:3457-67. 2004..Thus, polaris and primary cilia function are required for the maturation and maintenance of proper tissue organization in the pancreas...
- Sequential roles of Hedgehog and Wnt signaling in osteoblast developmentHongliang Hu
Department of Medicine, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 132:49-60. 2005..Finally Wnt7b is identified as a potential endogenous ligand regulating osteogenesis. These data support a model that integrates Hh and Wnt signaling in the regulation of osteoblast development...
- T-cell factor-4-dependent up-regulation of fibronectin is involved in fibroblast growth factor-2-induced tube formation by endothelial cellsShigeru Kanda
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Division of Endothelial Cell Biology, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Science, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8501, Japan
J Cell Biochem 94:835-47. 2005..Taken together, interaction of alpha(5)beta(1) integrin and fibronectin is involved in FGF-2-induced tube formation by endothelial cells and up-regulation of fibronectin through TCF-4 seemed to be involved in this process...
- Characterization of Opr deficiency in mouse brain: subtle defects in dorsomedial telencephalon and medioventral forebrainKenryo Furushima
Laboratory for Animal Resources and Genetic Engineering, Center for Developmental Biology CDB, RIKEN Kobe, Kobe, Japan
Dev Dyn 232:1056-61. 2005..However, no defects were apparent in embryonic day 10.5 Opr null mutants, and subtle defects were later found in medial pallium and ventral structures of forebrain, suggesting the compensation of Opr deficiency by its cognate(s)...
- Wnt signalling induces maturation of Paneth cells in intestinal cryptsJohan H van Es
Hubrecht Institute, Netherlands Institute for Developmental Biology, Uppsalalaan 8, 3584CT Utrecht, The Netherlands
Nat Cell Biol 7:381-6. 2005Wnt signalling, which is transduced through beta-catenin/TCF4, maintains the undifferentiated state of intestinal crypt progenitor cells. Mutational activation of the pathway initiates the adenomacarcinoma sequence...
- TIS7 regulation of the beta-catenin/Tcf-4 target gene osteopontin (OPN) is histone deacetylase-dependentIlja Vietor
Biocenter, Division of Cell Biology, Medical University Innsbruck, Fritz Pregl Strasse 3, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Biol Chem 280:39795-801. 2005....
- Testosterone inhibits adipogenic differentiation in 3T3-L1 cells: nuclear translocation of androgen receptor complex with beta-catenin and T-cell factor 4 may bypass canonical Wnt signaling to down-regulate adipogenic transcription factorsRajan Singh
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Molecular Medicine, Charles R Drew School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90059, USA
Endocrinology 147:141-54. 2006..Immunoprecipitation studies demonstrated association of beta-catenin with AR and T-cell factor 4 (TCF4) in the presence of androgens...
- Interplay between VHL/HIF1alpha and Wnt/beta-catenin pathways during colorectal tumorigenesisR H Giles
Laboratory of Experimental Oncology, Department of Medical Oncology, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Oncogene 25:3065-70. 2006..Here, we show that VHL expression is regulated by TCF4 and is restricted to the proliferative compartment at the bottom of intestinal crypts...
- Zinc-finger genes Fez and Fez-like function in the establishment of diencephalon subdivisionsTsutomu Hirata
Laboratory for Vertebrate Axis Formation, Center for Developmental Biology, RIKEN, Kobe 650 0047, Japan
Development 133:3993-4004. 2006..These data indicate that Fez and Fezl repress the caudal diencephalon fate in the rostral diencephalon, and ZLI formation probably depends on Fez/Fezl-mediated formation of diencephalon subdivisions...
- Identification of oscillatory genes in somitogenesis from functional genomic analysis of a human mesenchymal stem cell modelDilusha A William
Division of Human Genetics and Orthopaedic Surgery, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3615 Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Biol 305:172-86. 2007..Our results demonstrate that human and mouse in vitro models can recapitulate oscillatory expression observed in embryo and that a number of genes in multiple developmental pathways display dynamic expression in vitro...
- Wnt signaling mediates regional specification in the vertebrate faceSamantha A Brugmann
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Development 134:3283-95. 2007..Mice carrying compound null mutations in the nuclear mediators Lef1 and Tcf4 exhibited radically altered facial features that culminated in a hyperteloric appearance and a foreshortened ..
- A highly conserved Wnt-dependent TCF4 binding site within the proximal enhancer of the anti-myogenic Msx1 gene supports expression within Pax3-expressing limb bud muscle precursor cellsKerry Ann Miller
School of Medical Sciences, Foresterhill, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, UK
Dev Biol 311:665-78. 2007..The results of these studies provide evidence of a mechanistic link between the Wnt/TCF and the Msx1/Pax3/MyoD pathways within limb bud muscle precursor cells...
- TCF4 deficiency expands ventral diencephalon signaling and increases induction of pituitary progenitorsMichelle L Brinkmeier
University of Michigan, Department of Human Genetics, 4909 Buhl Building, 1241 E Catherine, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0618, USA
Dev Biol 311:396-407. 2007..of several members of this family during pituitary development and the functional role of one member, TCF4 (TCF7L2), in the induction of the pituitary primordium...
- Beta-catenin/Tcf-4 inhibition after progastrin targeting reduces growth and drives differentiation of intestinal tumorsJulie Pannequin
CNRS UMR5203, Montpellier, France
Gastroenterology 133:1554-68. 2007....
- Wnt11 promotes osteoblast maturation and mineralization through R-spondin 2Michael S Friedman
Thermogenesis Corporation, Rancho Cordova, California 95742, USA
J Biol Chem 284:14117-25. 2009..These studies show that Wnt11 signals through beta-catenin, activating Rspo2 expression, which is then required for Wnt11-mediated osteoblast maturation...
- Gene expression analysis of canonical Wnt pathway transcriptional regulators during early morphogenesis of the facial region in the mouse embryoVictor Vendrell
Department of Zoology, School of Natural Sciences, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Gene Expr Patterns 9:296-305. 2009..the precise distribution of gene expression of canonical Wnt pathway transcriptional regulators, Tcf1, Lef1, Tcf3, Tcf4 and beta-catenin between embryonic day (E) 9.5 and 11.5...
- Dazap2 modulates transcription driven by the Wnt effector TCF-4Jan Lukas
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Videnska, Prague 4, Czech Republic
Nucleic Acids Res 37:3007-20. 2009..Finally, chromatin immunoprecipitation studies indicate that Dazap2 modulates the affinity of TCF-4 for its DNA-recognition motif...
- Pygo2 expands mammary progenitor cells by facilitating histone H3 K4 methylationBingnan Gu
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
J Cell Biol 185:811-26. 2009....
- FGF signaling is strictly required to maintain early telencephalic precursor cell survivalHunki Paek
Departments of Neuroscience and Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Development 136:2457-65. 2009....
- Tcf3 and Tcf4 are essential for long-term homeostasis of skin epitheliaHoang Nguyen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Laboratory of Mammalian Cell Biology and Development, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York, USA
Nat Genet 41:1068-75. 2009..We have discovered that embryonic progenitor cells and postnatal hair follicle stem cells coexpress Tcf3 and Tcf4, which can act as transcriptional activators or repressors...
- Vesicular monoamine transporter 2 and dopamine transporter are molecular targets of Pitx3 in the ventral midbrain dopamine neuronsDong Youn Hwang
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, McLean Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Belmont, MA, USA
J Neurochem 111:1202-12. 2009....
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor 4alpha, a key factor for homeostasis, cell architecture, and barrier function of the adult intestinal epitheliumAnne Laure Cattin
Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, UMRS 872, Paris F 75006, France
Mol Cell Biol 29:6294-308. 2009..This study indicates that HNF-4alpha regulates the intestinal balance between proliferation and differentiation, and we hypothesize that it might act as a tumor suppressor...
- Receptor tyrosine kinase-like orphan receptor 2 (ROR2) and Indian hedgehog regulate digit outgrowth mediated by the phalanx-forming regionFlorian Witte
Development and Disease Group, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, 14195 Berlin, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:14211-6. 2010....
- Connective tissue fibroblasts and Tcf4 regulate myogenesisSam J Mathew
Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah, 15 North 2030 East, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Development 138:371-84. 2011..Here, we show that the transcription factor Tcf4 (transcription factor 7-like 2; Tcf7l2) is strongly expressed in connective tissue fibroblasts and that Tcf4(GFPCre) mice allow genetic manipulation of ..
- Stringent requirement of a proper level of canonical WNT signalling activity for head formation in mouse embryoNicolas Fossat
Embryology Unit, Children s Medical Research Institute, University of Sydney, 214 Hawkesbury Road, Westmead, Sydney, NSW 2145, Australia
Development 138:667-76. 2011....
- Wnt/β-catenin signaling is disrupted in the extra-toes (Gli3(Xt/Xt) ) mutant from early stages of forebrain development, concomitant with anterior neural plate patterning defectsVassiliki Fotaki
Genes and Development Group, Centre for Integrative Physiology, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, United Kingdom
J Comp Neurol 519:1640-57. 2011..Our data reveal that Gli3 is required at the neural plate stage to regulate Wnt expression and Wnt/β-catenin signaling in the presumptive forebrain and confirm its previously proposed role in patterning the anterior neural plate...
- Tcf/Lef repressors differentially regulate Shh-Gli target gene activation thresholds to generate progenitor patterning in the developing CNSHui Wang
Department of Neuroscience and Cell Biology, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 675 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Development 138:3711-21. 2011..The current study demonstrates a role for Tcf/Lef repressor activity in this process. We show that Tcf3 and Tcf7L2 (Tcf4) are required for proper ventral patterning and function by independently regulating two Shh-Gli target ..
- Satellite cells, connective tissue fibroblasts and their interactions are crucial for muscle regenerationMalea M Murphy
Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah, 15 North 2030 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Development 138:3625-37. 2011..However, the lack of molecular markers for these fibroblasts has precluded an investigation of their role. Using Tcf4, a newly identified fibroblast marker, and Pax7, a satellite cell marker, we found that after injury satellite ..
- Molecular evolution of Sry and Sox geneK Nagai
Tokyo Medical University, Department of Biochemistry, 160 8402, Tokyo, Japan
Gene 270:161-9. 2001..This rapid evolution of Sry might agree with the fact that the Srys are present not on the pseudoautosomal region but on the distal region with no recombination of the Y chromosomal short arm...
- Emx2 directs the development of diencephalon in cooperation with Otx2Y Suda
Department of Morphogenesis, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics IMEG, Kumamoto University, Japan
Development 128:2433-50. 2001..Consequently, development of the dorsal and ventral thalamus and anterior pretectum requires cooperation between Emx2 and Otx2, whereas Emx2 expression is incompatible with development of the commissural region of the pretectum...
- A sonic hedgehog-dependent signaling relay regulates growth of diencephalic and mesencephalic primordia in the early mouse embryoMakoto Ishibashi
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, The Biolabs, Harvard University, 16 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Development 129:4807-19. 2002....
- TCF and Groucho-related genes influence pituitary growth and developmentMichelle L Brinkmeier
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, 4301 MSRBIII, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0638, USA
Mol Endocrinol 17:2152-61. 2003..In the absence of TCF4 (Tcf7L2), Prop1 levels are elevated, pituitary hyperplasia ensues and palate closure is abnormal...
- Smad1, beta-catenin and Tcf4 associate in a molecular complex with the Myc promoter in dysplastic renal tissue and cooperate to control Myc transcriptionMing Chang Hu
Program in Developmental Biology, Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
Development 132:215-25. 2005..Here, we report enhanced interactions between a molecular complex consisting of Smad1, beta-catenin and Tcf4 and adjacent Tcf- and Smad-binding regions located within the Myc promoter in TgAlk3QD dysplastic renal tissue, and ..
- Molecular characterization, structure and developmental expression of Megane bHLH factorJordi Guimera
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Institute of Developmental Genetics, Neuherberg, Germany
Gene 377:65-76. 2006..5 within the most rostral part of the cephalic flexure of the developing midbrain. Later, Mgn expression extends into other alar areas of the midbrain and forebrain, developmentally controlled in a regional specific pattern...
- Wnt signaling inhibitors regulate the transcriptional response to morphogenetic Shh-Gli signaling in the neural tubeQiubo Lei
Department of Neuroscience and Cell Biology, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 675 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, 08854, USA
Dev Cell 11:325-37. 2006..Our data indicate that the dorsal limit of Nkx2.2 is controlled by Tcf4-mediated transcriptional repression, and not by a direct requirement for high-level Shh-Gli signaling, arguing ..
- Mapping canonical Wnt signaling in the developing and adult retinaHong Liu
Molecular Medicine Program, Ottawa Health Research Institute, 501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:5088-97. 2006..This study was undertaken to characterize activation of the Wnt canonical pathway and its relevance to cell type populations in the developing and adult retina...
- Diversified expression patterns of autotaxin, a gene for phospholipid-generating enzyme during mouse and chicken developmentHideyo Ohuchi
Department of Life Systems, Institute of Technology and Science, University of Tokushima, Tokushima, Japan
Dev Dyn 236:1134-43. 2007..These results suggest conserved and non-conserved roles for ATX during neural development and organogenesis in these species...
- Phases of canonical Wnt signaling during the development of mouse intestinal epitheliumByeong Moo Kim
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Gastroenterology 133:529-38. 2007..Because mutations in Wnt pathway genes lead to intestinal cancer, the role of Wnt signaling in gut epithelial homeostasis is a subject of intense investigation. We studied how Wnt signaling is established during intestine development...
- Hedgehog signals regulate multiple aspects of gastrointestinal developmentM Ramalho-Santos
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard University, Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Development 127:2763-72. 2000..These results show that Hedgehog signals are essential for organogenesis of the mammalian gastrointestinal tract and suggest that mutations in members of this signaling pathway may be involved in human gastrointestinal malformations...
- beta-Catenin/NF-kappaBeta and Colon CancerShahid Umar; Fiscal Year: 2004..By studying a mechanistic basis of NF-kappaB and beta-catenin mediated increases in cell census, in the absence and presence of chronic inflammation, we may identify new treatment strategies for reducing cancer risk. ..
- Regulation and Function of MAPKAP KinasesThomas Sturgill; Fiscal Year: 2005..Aim four is to characterize the activation, enzymatic properties, and functions of MAPKAP kinase-like enzymes (Rcklp, Rck2p) in yeast, a model eukaryote, using combined biochemical and genetic approaches. ..
- mTOR Signaling PathwaysThomas W Sturgill; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will investigate novel candidate mTOR-interacting proteins identified by MS. Finally, to understand better the mechanisms involved in mTORC2, we propose to identify pianissimo-interacting proteins. ..