Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Wnt11
Description: wingless-type MMTV integration site family, member 11
Alias: protein Wnt-11, wingless-related MMTV integration site 11
Publications119 found, 100 shown here
- Characterization of Wnt gene expression in developing and postnatal hair follicles and identification of Wnt5a as a target of Sonic hedgehog in hair follicle morphogenesisS Reddy
Departments of Dermatology and Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mech Dev 107:69-82. 2001..These results identify candidates for several key follicular signals and suggest that WNT and SHH signaling pathways interact to regulate hair follicle morphogenesis...
- The WNT7b promoter is regulated by TTF-1, GATA6, and Foxa2 in lung epitheliumJoel Weidenfeld
Department of Medicine, Molecular Cardiology Research Center, and the Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 277:21061-70. 2002..Together, these results suggest that WNT7b gene expression in the lung epithelium is regulated in a combinatorial fashion by TTF-1, GATA6, and Foxa2...
- Downregulation of Spry-1, an inhibitor of GDNF/Ret, causes angiotensin II-induced ureteric bud branchingIhor V Yosypiv
Section of Pediatric Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, Hypertension and Renal Center of Excellence, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Kidney Int 74:1287-93. 2008..kidney development is the c-Ret receptor tyrosine kinase whose ligand is GDNF and whose downstream target is Wnt11. We determined whether angiotensin II, an inducer of ureteric bud branching in vitro, influences the GDNF/c-Ret/..
- Proteoglycans are required for maintenance of Wnt-11 expression in the ureter tipsA Kispert
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Development 122:3627-37. 1996..We suggest that Wnt-11 acts as an autocrine factor within the ureter epithelium and that its expression is regulated at least in part by proteoglycans...
- Isolation, characterisation and embryonic expression of WNT11, a gene which maps to 11q13.5 and has possible roles in the development of skeleton, kidney and lungM Lako
Department of Human Genetics, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Gene 219:101-10. 1998..We have recently isolated the full-length cDNA sequence of a new human WNT gene, WNT11, investigated its genomic organisation and performed detailed expression studies in early human embryos...
- Bone morphogenetic protein 4 regulates the budding site and elongation of the mouse ureterY Miyazaki
Department of Pediatrics, Department of Pathology, Department of Cell Biology, and Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Clin Invest 105:863-73. 2000..The other is to promote the elongation of the branching ureter within the metanephros, thereby promoting kidney morphogenesis...
- Characterization of Pax-2 regulatory sequences that direct transgene expression in the Wolffian duct and its derivativesS Kuschert
Abt für Molekulare Embryologie, Max Planck Institut fur Immunbiologie, Stubeweg 51, Freiburg, 79108, Germany
Dev Biol 229:128-40. 2001....
- Differential activities of the RET tyrosine kinase receptor isoforms during mammalian embryogenesisE de Graaff
Division of Developmental Neurobiology, Medical Research Council MRC National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
Genes Dev 15:2433-44. 2001..Our findings show that RET9 and RET51 have different signaling properties in vivo and define specific temporal and spatial requirements of c-Ret function during renal development and histogenesis of the enteric nervous system...
- Wnt11 and Ret/Gdnf pathways cooperate in regulating ureteric branching during metanephric kidney developmentArindam Majumdar
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, 16 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Development 130:3175-85. 2003..b>Wnt11, a member of the Wnt superfamily of secreted glycoproteins, which have important regulatory functions during ..
- Sprouty proteins regulate ureteric branching by coordinating reciprocal epithelial Wnt11, mesenchymal Gdnf and stromal Fgf7 signalling during kidney developmentLijun Chi
Biocenter Oulu and Department of Biochemistry, Faculties of Science and Medicine, University of Oulu, PO Box 3000, FIN 90014 Oulu, Finland
Development 131:3345-56. 2004..The experimentally induced dysmorphology associated with deregulated expression of Wnt11, Gdnf and Fgf7 genes in the early stages of organogenesis indicated a crucial role for sprouty function in ..
- Sprouty1 is a critical regulator of GDNF/RET-mediated kidney inductionM Albert Basson
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, New York, USA
Dev Cell 8:229-39. 2005..These results demonstrate the importance of negative feedback regulation of RTK signaling during kidney induction and suggest that failures in feedback control may underlie some human congenital kidney malformations...
- Maternal wnt11 activates the canonical wnt signaling pathway required for axis formation in Xenopus embryosQinghua Tao
Division of Developmental Biology, Cincinnati Children s Research Foundation, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Cell 120:857-71. 2005..First, we identify Wnt11 as the initiating signal. Second, we show that activation requires the glycosyl transferase X.EXT1...
- Distinct and sequential tissue-specific activities of the LIM-class homeobox gene Lim1 for tubular morphogenesis during kidney developmentAkio Kobayashi
Program in Developmental Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Development 132:2809-23. 2005..We also demonstrate that the nephric duct is essential for the elongation and maintenance of the adjacent Mullerian duct, the anlage of the female reproductive tract...
- Wnt9b plays a central role in the regulation of mesenchymal to epithelial transitions underlying organogenesis of the mammalian urogenital systemThomas J Carroll
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, 16 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Dev Cell 9:283-92. 2005..Together these findings suggest that Wnt9b is a common organizing signal regulating diverse components of the mammalian urogenital system...
- Wnt3a links left-right determination with segmentation and anteroposterior axis elongationMasa aki Nakaya
Cancer and Developmental Biology Laboratory, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute Frederick, NIH Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Development 132:5425-36. 2005..Thus, Wnt3a links the segmentation clock and AP axis elongation with key left-determining events, suggesting that Wnt3a is an integral component of the trunk organizer...
- Six2 is required for suppression of nephrogenesis and progenitor renewal in the developing kidneyMichelle Self
Department of Genetics and Tumor Cell Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105 2794, USA
EMBO J 25:5214-28. 2006..We propose that in the developing kidney, Six2 activity is required for maintaining the mesenchymal progenitor population in an undifferentiated state by opposing the inductive signals emanating from the ureteric bud...
- Reduction of BMP4 activity by gremlin 1 enables ureteric bud outgrowth and GDNF/WNT11 feedback signalling during kidney branching morphogenesisOdysse Michos
Developmental Genetics, DKBW Centre for Biomedicine, University of Basel Medical Faculty, Mattenstrasse 28, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Development 134:2397-405. 2007..All epithelial buds express Wnt11, and Gdnf is significantly upregulated in the surrounding mesenchyme, indicating that epithelial-mesenchymal (e-m) ..
- Modulation of morphogenesis by noncanonical Wnt signaling requires ATF/CREB family-mediated transcriptional activation of TGFbeta2Wenlai Zhou
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Nat Genet 39:1225-34. 2007..Here, we define a transcriptional pathway important in noncanonical Wnt signaling. We have found that Wnt11 is a direct target of a canonical beta-catenin pathway in developing heart and that Wnt11 mutants show cardiac ..
- Canonical WNT/beta-catenin signaling is required for ureteric branchingDarren Bridgewater
Program in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dev Biol 317:83-94. 2008..Together, these data demonstrate that beta-catenin performs essential functions during renal branching morphogenesis via control of a hierarchy of genes that control ureteric branching...
- Loss of Fat4 disrupts PCP signaling and oriented cell division and leads to cystic kidney diseaseSakura Saburi
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mt Sinai Hospital, Toronto M5G 1X5, Canada
Nat Genet 40:1010-5. 2008..In addition, Fat4 represses Fjx1 expression, indicating that Fat signaling is conserved. Together, these data suggest that Fat4 regulates vertebrate PCP and that loss of PCP signaling may underlie some cystic diseases in humans...
- GLI3 repressor controls nephron number via regulation of Wnt11 and Ret in ureteric tip cellsJason E Cain
Program in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto Medical Discovery Towers, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 4:e7313. 2009..Ureteric tip cells are remarkable for abnormal morphology and impaired expression of Ret and Wnt11, markers of tip cell differentiation...
- Kidney development in the absence of Gdnf and Spry1 requires Fgf10Odysse Michos
Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
PLoS Genet 6:e1000809. 2010..In contrast to GDNF or FGF10, Etv4 and Etv5 represent a critical node in the RTK signaling network that cannot by bypassed by reducing the negative regulation of upstream signals...
- Lrp4 regulates initiation of ureteric budding and is crucial for kidney formation--a mouse model for Cenani-Lenz syndromeCourtney M Karner
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e10418. 2010..Multiple signaling pathways must be integrated to ensure proper timing and location of the ureteric bud formation...
- Dicer regulates the development of nephrogenic and ureteric compartments in the mammalian kidneyVidya K Nagalakshmi
Department of Cell Biology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Kidney Int 79:317-30. 2011..Dicer removal also disrupted branching morphogenesis with the phenotype correlating with downregulation of Wnt11 and c-Ret expression at ureteric tips...
- Sema4C-Plexin B2 signalling modulates ureteric branching in developing kidneyNina Perälä
Institute of Biomedicine Medical Biochemistry and Developmental Biology, Biomedicum Helsinki, PO Box 63, FI 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Differentiation 81:81-91. 2011....
- Actin depolymerizing factors cofilin1 and destrin are required for ureteric bud branching morphogenesisSatu Kuure
Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS Genet 6:e1001176. 2010..The results indicate that ADF activity, provided by either cofilin1 or destrin, is essential in UB epithelial cells for normal growth and branching...
- The GDNF target Vsnl1 marks the ureteric tipRoxana Ola
Biochemistry and Developmental Biology, Institute of Biomedicine, P O Box 63, Haartmaninkatu 8, University of Helsinki, FIN 00014, Finland
J Am Soc Nephrol 22:274-84. 2011..In summary, Vsnl1 marks ureteric bud tips in embryonic kidneys, and its mosaic pattern demonstrates a heterogeneity of cell types that may be critical for normal ureteric branching...
- GLI3 repressor controls functional development of the mouse ureterJason E Cain
Program in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Invest 121:1199-206. 2011..Together, these data demonstrate that Hh signaling controls Kit and Hcn3 expression and ureter peristalsis...
- Genetic analysis reveals an unexpected role of BMP7 in initiation of ureteric bud outgrowth in mouse embryosAlexandre Gonçalves
Developmental Genetics, Department of Biomedicine, University of Basel Medical Faculty, Basel, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 6:e19370. 2011..Therefore, we investigated whether BMP7 in turn also participates in inhibiting ureteric bud outgrowth during the initiation of metanephric kidney development...
- Renal collecting system growth and function depend upon embryonic γ1 laminin expressionDong Hua Yang
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Development 138:4535-44. 2011..mRNA levels for fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) and mediators of the GDNF/RET and WNT11 signaling pathway were also decreased...
- The tyrosine phosphatase Shp2 acts downstream of GDNF/Ret in branching morphogenesis of the developing mouse kidneyRegina Willecke
Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine MDC, Robert Roessle Strasse 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Dev Biol 360:310-7. 2011..Apparently, Shp2 mediates not only GDNF/Ret but also signaling by other receptor tyrosine kinases in branching morphogenesis of the embryonic kidney...
- Conditional expression of Wnt9b in Six2-positive cells disrupts stomach and kidney functionSusan M Kiefer
Department of Internal Medicine, Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e43098. 2012..These results demonstrate that expression of Wnt9b in Six2-positive cells disrupts cell fate decisions in the kidney and the gastrointestinal tract...
- Hoxa11 and Hoxd11 regulate branching morphogenesis of the ureteric bud in the developing kidneyL T Patterson
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, The Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Development 128:2153-61. 2001....
- Expression patterns of Wnt genes in mouse gut developmentH Lickert
Department of Molecular Embryology, Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology, Stubeweg 51, D 79108, Freiburg, Germany
Mech Dev 105:181-4. 2001..b>Wnt11 is expressed in the epithelium of esophagus and colon, but also in mesenchymal cells of the stomach...
- Pygo1 and Pygo2 roles in Wnt signaling in mammalian kidney developmentKristopher R Schwab
Division of Developmental Biology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
BMC Biol 5:15. 2007..To better understand the functions of Pygopus-mediated canonical Wnt signaling in kidney development, targeted mutations were made in the two mammalian orthologs, Pygo1 and Pygo2...
- WNTs in the neonatal mouse uterus: potential regulation of endometrial gland developmentKanako Hayashi
Department of Physiology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Carbondale, Illinois 62901, USA
Biol Reprod 84:308-19. 2011..to diethylstilbestrol (DES) on Wnt and Fzd gene expression in the mouse uterus as well as the biological role of Wnt11 in postnatal mouse uterine development and function...
- Wnt signaling in the murine diastemaThantrira Porntaveetus
Department of Craniofacial Development, Dental Institute, King s College London, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Eur J Orthod 34:518-24. 2012..The expression of Wnt6 and Wnt11 was found in both tissues...
- FAK-Src signalling is important to renal collecting duct morphogenesis: discovery using a hierarchical screening techniqueGuangping Tai
Centre for Integrative Physiology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, UK
Biol Open 2:416-23. 2013..We demonstrate the utility of the screen by using it to identify the FAK-Src-pathway signalling as being important for collecting duct development, specifically for the cell proliferation on which this development depends...
- Prdm1 functions in the mesoderm of the second heart field, where it interacts genetically with Tbx1, during outflow tract morphogenesis in the mouse embryoStephane D Vincent
Department of Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, Institut Pasteur, CNRS URA 2578, Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 23:5087-101. 2014..Our results identify PRDM1 as a potential modifier of phenotypic severity in TBX1 haploinsufficient DiGeorge syndrome patients. ..
- Enrichment of cardiac differentiation by a large starting number of embryonic stem cells in embryoid bodies is mediated by the Wnt11-JNK pathwayMing Chen
Department of Cardiology, Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, 430071, China
Biotechnol Lett 37:475-81. 2015..that groups of EBs with different starting numbers of ESCs had differential gene expression patterns for Wnt5a and Wnt11. Wnt11 significantly increased the percentage of beating EBs by up-regulating the expression of the cardiac-..
- Mapping the dynamic expression of Wnt11 and the lineage contribution of Wnt11-expressing cells during early mouse developmentTanvi Sinha
Department of Cell, Developmental and Integrative Biology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, United States
Dev Biol 398:177-92. 2015..In Xenopus and zebrafish, PCP signaling is activated by non-canonical Wnts such as Wnt11, and detailed understanding of Wnt11 expression has provided important clues on when, where and how PCP may be ..
- Wnt5a and Wnt11 inhibit the canonical Wnt pathway and promote cardiac progenitor development via the Caspase-dependent degradation of AKTJoseph A Bisson
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA Aab Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Dev Biol 398:80-96. 2015..We recently reported that two non-canonical Wnt ligands, Wnt5a and Wnt11, act cooperatively to attenuate canonical Wnt signaling that would otherwise disrupt the SHF...
- Nuclear p120-catenin regulates the anoikis resistance of mouse lobular breast cancer cells through Kaiso-dependent Wnt11 expressionRobert A H van de Ven
Department of Pathology, UMC Utrecht, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
Dis Model Mech 8:373-84. 2015..mouse ILC cells, and identified 29 candidate target genes, including the established Kaiso target Wnt11. Our data indicate that anchorage-independent upregulation of Wnt11 in ILC cells is controlled by nuclear p120 ..
- Stromally expressed β-catenin modulates Wnt9b signaling in the ureteric epitheliumFelix J Boivin
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
PLoS ONE 10:e0120347. 2015..We propose that β-catenin in the renal stroma modulates a genetic program in ureteric epithelium that is required for the induction of nephron progenitors. ..
- Endodermal Wnt signaling is required for tracheal cartilage formationJohn Snowball
The Perinatal Institute Division of Neonatology, Perinatal and Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Medical Center Research Foundation, USA
Dev Biol 405:56-70. 2015..In conclusion, Wnt ligands produced by the tracheal epithelium pattern the tracheal mesenchyme via modulation of gene expression and cell proliferation required for proper tracheal cartilage and smooth muscle differentiation. ..
- Dlx5 and Dlx6 control uterine adenogenesis during post-natal maturation: possible consequences for endometriosisBrice Bellessort
Evolution des Regulations Endocriniennes, CNRS UMR 7221, Muséum Nationale d Histoire Naturelle, Paris 75005, France
Hum Mol Genet 25:97-108. 2016..Given their importance for female reproduction, DLX5 and DLX6 must be regarded as interesting targets for future clinical research. ..
- The canonical Wnt signaling pathway is not involved in renal cyst development in the kidneys of inv mutant miceNoriyuki Sugiyama
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Kidney Int 79:957-65. 2011..Thus, our results do not support the hypothesis that canonical Wnt signaling causes renal cyst development in these mice...
- A secreted BMP antagonist, Cer1, fine tunes the spatial organization of the ureteric bud tree during mouse kidney developmentLijun Chi
Laboratory of Developmental Biology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Center for Cell Matrix Research, Institute of Biomedicine Oulu, Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
PLoS ONE 6:e27676. 2011..Cer1 gain of function is associated with moderately elevated expression of Gdnf and Wnt11, which is also induced in the case of Cer1 deficiency, where Bmp4 expression is reduced, indicating the dependence ..
- Wnt5a cooperates with canonical Wnts to generate midbrain dopaminergic neurons in vivo and in stem cellsEmma R Andersson
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Center of Developmental Biology for Regenerative Medicine, and Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm 171 77, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E602-10. 2013....
- Paracrine effect of Wnt11-overexpressing mesenchymal stem cells on ischemic injuryShi Zuo
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
Stem Cells Dev 21:598-608. 2012Our previous studies have suggested that transduction of Wnt11 directly increases bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) differentiation into cardiac phenotypes...
- Activation of Wnt11 by transforming growth factor-β drives mesenchymal gene expression through non-canonical Wnt protein signaling in renal epithelial cellsPeng Zhang
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 287:21290-302. 2012..a screen for genes directly activated by TGF-β, we found that components of the Wnt signaling pathway, especially Wnt11, were targets of activation by TGF-β and Smad3 in primary renal epithelial cells...
- Pathological responses to oncogenic Hedgehog signaling in skin are dependent on canonical Wnt/beta3-catenin signalingSteven Hoseong Yang
Department of Dermatology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan Medical School, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Nat Genet 40:1130-5. 2008....
- Separate and distinctive roles for Wnt5a in tongue, lingual tissue and taste papilla developmentHong Xiang Liu
Department of Biologic and Materials Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
Dev Biol 361:39-56. 2012....
- Efficient cardiomyogenic differentiation of bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cells by combination of Wnt11 and bone morphogenetic protein 2Zhifeng Zhang
Department of Biology, Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou 221002, Jiangsu, China
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 237:768-76. 2012b>Wnt11 and bone morphogenetic protein 2 (BMP-2) are key signaling factors for stem cell differentiation into functional cardiomyocytes (CMs)...
- UG4 enhancer-driven GATA-2 and bone morphogenetic protein 4 complementation remedies the CAKUT phenotype in Gata2 hypomorphic mutant miceKeiko Ainoya
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 32:2312-22. 2012....
- Wingless homolog Wnt11 suppresses bacterial invasion and inflammation in intestinal epithelial cellsXingyin Liu
Gastroenterology and Hepatology Division, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 301:G992-G1003. 2011b>Wnt11 plays an essential role in gastrointestinal epithelial proliferation, and previous investigations have focused on development and immune responses...
- Two novel EGFP insertion alleles reveal unique aspects of Pax2 function in embryonic and adult kidneysAbdul Soofi
Dept of Pathology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Dev Biol 365:241-50. 2012..These experiments provide new insight into the role of Pax2 protein levels in determining correct renal architecture and cell fate. These new Pax2 alleles are valuable genetic reagents for in vivo studies of urogenital development...
- Parathyroid hormone-related protein activates Wnt signaling to specify the embryonic mammary mesenchymeMinoti Hiremath
Department of Biological Sciences, Boise State University, Boise, ID 83725, USA
Development 139:4239-49. 2012..Therefore, we conclude that a mesenchymal, canonical Wnt pathway mediates the PTHrP-dependent specification of the mammary mesenchyme...
- Isolation and genetic mapping of two novel members of the murine Wnt gene family, Wnt11 and Wnt12, and the mapping of Wnt5a and Wnt7aM C Adamson
Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Genomics 24:9-13. 1994..Using a PCR-based approach, we have isolated two novel members of the murine Wnt gene family, Wnt11 and Wnt12...
- The molecular basis of embryonic kidney developmentM S Lechner
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Pathology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0650, USA
Mech Dev 62:105-20. 1997..Although the factors involved are far from completely known a rough framework of a molecular cascade which governs embryonic kidney development is beginning to emerge...
- Renal agenesis in mice homozygous for a gene trap mutation in the gene encoding heparan sulfate 2-sulfotransferaseS L Bullock
Laboratory of Mammalian Development, Medical Research Council MRC National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, London NW7 1AA, UK
Genes Dev 12:1894-906. 1998..These data provide the first genetic evidence that the regulated synthesis of differentially glycosylated proteoglycans can affect morphogenesis during vertebrate development...
- The WntsJ J Loureiro
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 3280, USA
Curr Biol 9:R4. 1999
- Cloning, central nervous system expression and chromosomal mapping of the mouse PAK-1 and PAK-3 genesP D Burbelo
Lombardi Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Gene 232:209-15. 1999..The high level of PAK-1 and PAK-3 kinase expression in the mouse brain and spinal cord suggests a potentially important role for these kinases in the control of the cellular architecture and/or signaling in the central nervous system...
- Molecular genetic studies of Wnt signaling in the mouseM Uusitalo
Faculties of Science and Medicine, University of Oulu, Oulu, 90570, Finland
Exp Cell Res 253:336-48. 1999
- Characterization of an amphioxus wnt gene, AmphiWnt11, with possible roles in myogenesis and tail outgrowthM Schubert
Genesis 27:1-5. 2000..A phylogenetic analysis of all known full-length Wnt11 sequences indicates that a gene duplication occurred at the base of the vertebrate Wnt11 clade...
- Glypican-3 modulates BMP- and FGF-mediated effects during renal branching morphogenesisS Grisaru
Division of Nephrology, Program in Developmental Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dev Biol 231:31-46. 2001..We propose that GPC3 modulates the actions of stimulatory and inhibitory growth factors during branching morphogenesis...
- Epaxial-adaxial-hypaxial regionalisation of the vertebrate somite: evidence for a somitic organiser and a mirror-image duplicationR Spörle
Institute of Mammalian Genetics, GSF Research Center for Environment and Health, Ingolstadter Landstrasse 1, 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Dev Genes Evol 211:198-217. 2001....
- Pbx1 regulates nephrogenesis and ureteric branching in the developing kidneyCatherine A Schnabel
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5342, USA
Dev Biol 254:262-76. 2003..Taken together, these data establish a role for Pbx1 in mesenchymal-epithelial signaling and demonstrate that Pbx1 is an essential regulator of mesenchymal function during renal morphogenesis...
- Wnt signaling mediates reorientation of outer hair cell stereociliary bundles in the mammalian cochleaAlain Dabdoub
Section on Developmental Neuroscience, NIDCD, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Development 130:2375-84. 2003..We propose that Wnt signaling across the region of developing outer hair cells gives rise to planar polarity in the mammalian cochlea...
- Isl1 identifies a cardiac progenitor population that proliferates prior to differentiation and contributes a majority of cells to the heartChen Leng Cai
Institute of Molecular Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Dev Cell 5:877-89. 2003..Our results have implications for the development of specific cardiac lineages, left-right asymmetry, cardiac evolution, and isolation of cardiac progenitor cells...
- Expression and estradiol regulation of Wnt genes in the mouse blastocyst identify a candidate pathway for embryo-maternal signaling at implantationOthman A Mohamed
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 1A1
Biol Reprod 71:417-24. 2004..Additional Wnt genes are newly expressed following development to blastocyst. Unexpectedly, Wnt5a and Wnt11 are expressed in embryos that undergo the morula-to-blastocyst transition in vivo, but only weakly or not at all ..
- Non-canonical Wnt signals are modulated by the Kaiso transcriptional repressor and p120-cateninSi Wan Kim
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas Graduate School of Biomedical Science, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nat Cell Biol 6:1212-20. 2004..xWnt11, which contributes to the xKaiso knockdown phenotype as it is significantly rescued by dominant-negative Wnt11. We further demonstrate that xWnt11 is a direct gene target of xKaiso and that p120-catenin association relieves ..
- T-box genes coordinate regional rates of proliferation and regional specification during cardiogenesisChen Leng Cai
Skaggs School of Pharmacy, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Development 132:2475-87. 2005....
- Pax 2/8-regulated Gata 3 expression is necessary for morphogenesis and guidance of the nephric duct in the developing kidneyDavid Grote
McGill Cancer Centre and Biochemistry Department, McGill University, 3655 Promenade Sir William Osler, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
Development 133:53-61. 2006..Together, these results define Gata3 as a key regulator of nephric duct morphogenesis and guidance in the pro/mesonephric kidney...
- Wnt signaling induces epithelial differentiation during cutaneous wound healingCarrie Fathke
Department of Surgery, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
BMC Cell Biol 7:4. 2006....
- Foxf1 and Foxf2 control murine gut development by limiting mesenchymal Wnt signaling and promoting extracellular matrix productionMattias Ormestad
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Development 133:833-43. 2006..Thus, Foxf proteins are mesenchymal factors that control epithelial proliferation and survival, and link hedgehog to Bmp and Wnt signaling...
- Forkhead transcription factors, Foxc1 and Foxc2, are required for the morphogenesis of the cardiac outflow tractSeungwoon Seo
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 332 PRB, 2220 Pierce Ave, Nashville, TN 37232 6300, USA
Dev Biol 296:421-36. 2006..Taken together, our results demonstrate that Foxc1 and Foxc2 play pivotal roles in the early processes of heart development, especially acting upstream of the Tbx1-FGF cascade during the morphogenesis of the OFT...
- The stabilization of beta-catenin leads to impaired primordial germ cell development via aberrant cell cycle progressionTohru Kimura
Department of Pathology, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Dev Biol 300:545-53. 2006..Our results show that the suppression of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling is a prerequisite for the normal development of PGCs...
- Pax2 and pax8 regulate branching morphogenesis and nephron differentiation in the developing kidneyMelina Narlis
McGill Cancer Centre and Biochemistry Department, McGill University, 3655 Promenade Sir William Osler, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:1121-9. 2007..At the ureter tips, the expression of Wnt11, a target of glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor-Ret signaling, is significantly reduced, whereas the ..
- Beta-catenin directly regulates Islet1 expression in cardiovascular progenitors and is required for multiple aspects of cardiogenesisLizhu Lin
Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of California at San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:9313-8. 2007..of genes required for pharyngeal arch, outflow tract, and/or atrial septal morphogenesis, including Tbx2, Tbx3, Wnt11, Shh, and Pitx2...
- Wnt11/Fgfr1b cross-talk modulates the fate of cells in palate developmentJong Min Lee
Department of Oral Biology, Research Center for Orofacial Hard Tissue Regeneration, Yonsei University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Dev Biol 314:341-50. 2008..We examined the expression patterns of Wnt11 and Fgfr1b - which are believed to be key factors in convergent extension - in mouse palate development...
- Cthrc1 selectively activates the planar cell polarity pathway of Wnt signaling by stabilizing the Wnt-receptor complexShinji Yamamoto
Laboratory for Embryonic Induction, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, 2 2 3 Minatojima minamimachi, Chuo Ku, Kobe, Hyogo 650 0047, Japan
Dev Cell 15:23-36. 2008..These results suggest that Cthrc1 is a Wnt cofactor protein that selectively activates the Wnt/PCP pathway by stabilizing ligand-receptor interaction...
- Tbx3 is required for outflow tract developmentKarim Mesbah
Developmental Biology Institute of Marseilles Luminy, France
Circ Res 103:743-50. 2008....
- Lack of Gata3 results in conotruncal heart anomalies in mouseRaivo Raid
Department of Developmental Biology, University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia
Mech Dev 126:80-9. 2009..The short outflow tract and insufficient rotation of truncus arteriosus during looping stages might be the main reasons underlying these malformations...
- Activation of beta-Catenin in mouse prostate causes HGPIN and continuous prostate growth after castrationXiuping Yu
Department of Urologic Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Prostate 69:249-62. 2009..Although stabilizing mutations in APC and beta-Catenin are rare in primary prostate tumors, recent studies suggest that cytoplasmic/nuclear beta-Catenin is associated with advanced, metastatic, hormone-refractory prostate carcinoma...
- Wnt11 promotes osteoblast maturation and mineralization through R-spondin 2Michael S Friedman
Thermogenesis Corporation, Rancho Cordova, California 95742, USA
J Biol Chem 284:14117-25. 2009b>Wnt11 signals through both canonical (beta-catenin) and non-canonical pathways and is up-regulated during osteoblast differentiation and fracture healing. In these studies, we evaluated the role of Wnt11 during osteoblastogenesis...
- Reciprocal requirements for EDA/EDAR/NF-kappaB and Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathways in hair follicle inductionYuhang Zhang
Departments of Dermatology and Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Cell 17:49-61. 2009..These data reveal a complex interplay and interdependence of Wnt/beta-catenin and EDA/EDAR/NF-kappaB signaling pathways in initiation and maintenance of primary hair follicle placodes...
- Wnt-11 signalling controls ventricular myocardium development by patterning N-cadherin and beta-catenin expressionIrina I Nagy
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Oulu, 90014 Oulu, Finland
Cardiovasc Res 85:100-9. 2010..We have addressed the potential role of Wnt-11 in the control of early ventricular myocardium assembly...
- The murine Fgfrl1 receptor is essential for the development of the metanephric kidneySimon D Gerber
Department of Clinical Research, University of Bern, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Dev Biol 335:106-19. 2009..We also observed a loss of Pax2 positive nephron precursor cells and an increase of apoptosis in the cortical zone of the remnant kidney. Fgfrl1 is therefore essential for mesenchymal differentiation in the early steps of nephrogenesis...
- Deletion of Frs2alpha from the ureteric epithelium causes renal hypoplasiaSunder Sims-Lucas
Rangos Research Center, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, Pittsburgh, PA 15201, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 297:F1208-19. 2009..However, Ret and Wnt11 (molecules critical for ureteric branching morphogenesis) mRNA levels were lower in mutants vs. controls...
- Microwell-mediated control of embryoid body size regulates embryonic stem cell fate via differential expression of WNT5a and WNT11Yu Shik Hwang
Center for Biomedical Engineering, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16978-83. 2009..In contrast, the increased expression of WNT11 enhanced cardiogenesis...
- vHNF1 functions in distinct regulatory circuits to control ureteric bud branching and early nephrogenesisLudmilla Lokmane
UMR7622 CNRS Université Pierre et Marie Curie, 9 quai St Bernard Bat C, 75005 Paris, France
Development 137:347-57. 2010....
- Kif26b, a kinesin family gene, regulates adhesion of the embryonic kidney mesenchymeYukako Uchiyama
Department of Kidney Development, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:9240-5. 2010..Thus, Kif26b is essential for kidney development because it regulates the adhesion of mesenchymal cells in contact with ureteric buds...
- Neuroretina specification in mouse embryos requires Six3-mediated suppression of Wnt8b in the anterior neural plateWei Liu
Department of Genetics and Tumor Cell Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
J Clin Invest 120:3568-77. 2010....
- Bmp signaling regulates myocardial differentiation from cardiac progenitors through a MicroRNA-mediated mechanismJun Wang
Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M System Health Science Center, Houston, 77030, USA
Dev Cell 19:903-12. 2010..Our findings indicate that Bmp signaling directly regulates a miRNA-mediated effector mechanism that downregulates cardiac progenitor genes and enhances myocardial differentiation...
- SOX9 controls epithelial branching by activating RET effector genes during kidney developmentAntoine Reginensi
Inserm U636, F 06108 Nice, France
Hum Mol Genet 20:1143-53. 2011..Our results also explain the aetiology of kidney hypoplasia found in a proportion of CD patients...
- Six1 regulates Grem1 expression in the metanephric mesenchyme to initiate branching morphogenesisXuguang Nie
Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine of NYU, New York, NY 10029, USA
Dev Biol 352:141-51. 2011..This study uncovers an essential function for Six1 in the MM as an upstream regulator of Grem1 in initiating branching morphogenesis...
- Genetic mosaic analysis reveals a major role for frizzled 4 and frizzled 8 in controlling ureteric growth in the developing kidneyXin Ye
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Development 138:1161-72. 2011..lead to reduced ureteric bud growth and a reduction in kidney size, a phenotype previously reported for loss of Wnt11. In cell culture, Fz4 and Fz8 can mediate noncanonical signaling stimulated by Wnt11, but only Fz4 mediates Wnt11-..
- Lgr4-deficient mice showed premature differentiation of ureteric bud with reduced expression of Wnt effector Lef1 and Gata3Yasuaki Mohri
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Dev Dyn 240:1626-34. 2011..We demonstrate here that Lgr4 has a novel function for maintaining the UB in an undifferentiated state...
- Murine Wnt-11 and Wnt-12 have temporally and spatially restricted expression patterns during embryonic developmentJ H Christiansen
Centre for Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Queensland, St Lucia, Australia
Mech Dev 51:341-50. 1995..Wnt-11 transcripts are also detected in limb bud mesenchyme from the time the bud is first visible. Wnt-12 is detected in the apical ectodermal ridge from 10.5 dpc. The implications of these expression patterns are discussed...
- Epithelial sodium channel genes Scnn1b and Scnn1g are closely linked on distal mouse chromosome 7D R Brooker
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104 6144, USA
Genomics 29:784-6. 1995..Scnn1b and Scnn1g were determined to be closely linked on distal mouse chromosome 7, showing no recombination with Zp2, whereas the gene for the alpha-subunit, Scnn1a, was confirmed to map to distal mouse chromosome 6...
- Towards renal regenerationMelissa Little; Fiscal Year: 2004..Human ES cell work will be performed using ES01, 02, 03, 04, 05 & 06 listed on the NIH ES cell line registry. ..