Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Wnt2
Description: wingless-type MMTV integration site family, member 2
Alias: 2610510E18Rik, Int1l1, Irp, Mirp, Wnt-2, Wnt2a, protein Wnt-2, INT-1-related protein, wingless-related MMTV integration site 2
- Wnt2 coordinates the commitment of mesoderm to hematopoietic, endothelial, and cardiac lineages in embryoid bodiesHong Wang
Carolina Cardiovascular Biology Center and Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Biol Chem 282:782-91. 2007Our recent gene expression profiling analyses demonstrated that Wnt2 is highly expressed in Flk1(+) cells, which serve as common progenitors of endothelial cells, blood cells, and mural cells...
- Increased expression of Wnt2 and SFRP4 in Tsk mouse skin: role of Wnt signaling in altered dermal fibrillin deposition and systemic sclerosisJulie Bayle
Department of Medicine, Rheumatology Section, Boston University School of Medicine, Arthritis Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Invest Dermatol 128:871-81. 2008..Tsk skin showed increased mRNA levels of several genes involved in Wnt signaling, including Wnt2, Wnt9a, Wnt10b and Wnt11; Dapper homolog antagonist of beta-catenin (DACT1) and DACT2; Wnt-induced secreted protein ..
- beta-Catenin promotes respiratory progenitor identity in mouse foregutKelley S Harris-Johnson
Laboratory of Genetics and Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16287-92. 2009..Our findings reveal an early role for beta-Catenin in the establishment of respiratory progenitors in mouse foregut endoderm...
- Mouse Wnt receptor gene Fzd5 is essential for yolk sac and placental angiogenesisT Ishikawa
Banyu Tsukuba Research Institute Merck, Tsukuba, Japan
Development 128:25-33. 2001..5 days post coitum. Fzd5 specifically synergized with Wnt2, Wnt5a and Wnt10b in ectopic axis induction assays in Xenopus embryos...
- The WNT7b promoter is regulated by TTF-1, GATA6, and Foxa2 in lung epitheliumJoel Weidenfeld
Department of Medicine, Molecular Cardiology Research Center, and the Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 277:21061-70. 2002..Together, these results suggest that WNT7b gene expression in the lung epithelium is regulated in a combinatorial fashion by TTF-1, GATA6, and Foxa2...
- Fgf10 is essential for limb and lung formationK Sekine
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Nat Genet 21:138-41. 1999..Thus, we show here that Fgf10 serves as an essential regulator of lung and limb formation...
- Sonic hedgehog regulates branching morphogenesis in the mammalian lungC V Pepicelli
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Curr Biol 8:1083-6. 1998..In addition, the transcription of several mesenchymally expressed downstream targets of Shh is abolished. These results highlight the importance of epithelially derived Shh in regulating branching morphogenesis of the lung...
- Altered expression of Autism-associated genes in the brain of Fragile X mouse modelAiying Zhang
Department of Genetics, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing 100083, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 379:920-3. 2009..Genet. 142 (2006) 40-51]. We have used real-time PCR to investigate changes in expression levels of three genes: WNT2, MECP2, and FMR1 in different brain regions of Fagile X mice and litter mate controls...
- Wnt2/2b and beta-catenin signaling are necessary and sufficient to specify lung progenitors in the foregutAshley M Goss
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Cell 17:290-8. 2009..However, the molecular pathways specifying foregut endoderm progenitors are poorly understood. We show here that Wnt2/2b signaling is required to specify lung endoderm progenitors within the anterior foregut...
- Targeted disruption of the Wnt2 gene results in placentation defectsS J Monkley
Centre for Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Queensland, Australia
Development 122:3343-53. 1996..Reported here for the first time is the expression of Wnt2 in the early heart field of 7.5-8...
- Characterization and in vivo pharmacological rescue of a Wnt2-Gata6 pathway required for cardiac inflow tract developmentYing Tian
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Cell 18:275-87. 2010..Here we show that Wnt2 is expressed specifically in the developing inflow tract mesoderm, which generates portions of the atria and atrio-..
- Wnt2 signaling is necessary and sufficient to activate the airway smooth muscle program in the lung by regulating myocardin/Mrtf-B and Fgf10 expressionAshley M Goss
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Biol 356:541-52. 2011..Here, we identify the Wnt2 ligand as a critical regulator of the earliest aspects of lung airway smooth muscle development...
- Neurotrophin and Wnt signaling cooperatively regulate dendritic spine formationBrian G Hiester
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, 347 UCB, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309, United States
Mol Cell Neurosci 56:115-27. 2013..Additionally, we show that BDNF regulates expression of Wnt2, and that Wnt2 is sufficient to promote cortical dendrite growth and dendritic spine formation...
- Mice deficient in heparan sulfate 6-O-sulfotransferase-1 exhibit defective heparan sulfate biosynthesis, abnormal placentation, and late embryonic lethalityHiroko Habuchi
Institute for Molecular Science of Medicine and Laboratory Animal Research Center, Aichi Medical University, Nagakute, Aichi 480 1195, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:15578-88. 2007..mice revealed a marked reduction of GlcNAc(6SO(4)) and HexA-GlcNSO(3)(6SO(4)) levels and a reduced ability to bind Wnt2. Thus, despite the presence of three closely related 6-O-sulfotransferase genes in the mouse genome, HS6ST-1 is the ..
- The transcription factor Atonal homolog 8 regulates Gata4 and Friend of Gata-2 during vertebrate developmentDavid R Rawnsley
Department of Medicine and Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 288:24429-40. 2013..Whether ATOH8 modulates GATA-FOG function at other sites or in more subtle ways in mammals is not yet known. ..
- Coordination of heart and lung co-development by a multipotent cardiopulmonary progenitorTien Peng
Department of Medicine, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nature 500:589-92. 2013..mesoderm progenitors (CPPs) within the posterior pole of the heart that are marked by the expression of Wnt2, Gli1 and Isl1. We show that CPPs arise from cardiac progenitors before lung development...
- Fibroblast Growth Factor 9 Regulation by MicroRNAs Controls Lung Development and Links DICER1 Loss to the Pathogenesis of Pleuropulmonary BlastomaYongjun Yin
Department of Developmental Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS Genet 11:e1005242. 2015..These studies identify an essential miRNA-FGF9 pathway for lung development and a non-cell autonomous signaling mechanism that contributes to the mesenchymal hyperplasia that is characteristic of Type I PPB. ..
- A new nomenclature for int-1 and related genes: the Wnt gene familyR Nusse
Cell 64:231. 1991
- Endodermal Wnt signaling is required for tracheal cartilage formationJohn Snowball
The Perinatal Institute Division of Neonatology, Perinatal and Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Medical Center Research Foundation, USA
Dev Biol 405:56-70. 2015..In conclusion, Wnt ligands produced by the tracheal epithelium pattern the tracheal mesenchyme via modulation of gene expression and cell proliferation required for proper tracheal cartilage and smooth muscle differentiation. ..
- Expression of the Wnt inhibitor Dickkopf-1 is required for the induction of neural markers in mouse embryonic stem cells differentiating in response to retinoic acidR Verani
Department of Human Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Neurochem 100:242-50. 2007..These data suggest that induction of Dkk-1 and the ensuing inhibition of the canonical Wnt pathway is required for neural differentiation of ES cells...
- Dickkopf-1 (DKK1) reveals that fibronectin is a major target of Wnt signaling in branching morphogenesis of the mouse embryonic lungStijn P De Langhe
Developmental Biology Program, Department of Surgery, USC Keck School of Medicine and the Saban Research Institute of Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Dev Biol 277:316-31. 2005..DKK1-induced morphogenetic defects can be mimicked by inhibition of FN and overcome by addition of exogenous FN, suggesting an involvement of FN in Wnt-regulated morphogenetic processes...
- Wnt4 is essential to normal mammalian lung developmentArianna Caprioli
Dept of Biology and Physical Sciences, Marymount Univ, 2807 N Glebe Rd, Arlington, VA 22207, USA
Dev Biol 406:222-34. 2015..In addition, we observe reduction of the important lung growth factors Fgf9, Fgf10, Sox9 and Wnt2 in the lung bud during early stages of organogenesis, as well as decreased tracheal expression of the progenitor ..
- Gene network and familial analyses uncover a gene network involving Tbx5/Osr1/Pcsk6 interaction in the second heart field for atrial septationKe K Zhang
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, ND INBRE Bioinformatics Core, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND 58202, USA
Hum Mol Genet 25:1140-51. 2016..In summary, our study implicated a gene network involving Tbx5, Osr1 and Pcsk6 interaction in SHF for atrial septation, providing a molecular framework for understanding the role of Tbx5 in CHD ontogeny. ..
- Modulation of apical constriction by Wnt signaling is required for lung epithelial shape transitionKatsumi Fumoto
Departments of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita 565 0871, Japan
Development 144:151-162. 2017..These results suggest that Wnt signaling is required for bud formation by inducing apical constriction during the pseudoglandular stage, whereas loss of Wnt signaling is necessary for air sac formation in the canalicular-saccular stages...
- Expression of multiple novel Wnt-1/int-1-related genes during fetal and adult mouse developmentB J Gavin
Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Hoffmann La Roche, Roche Research Center, Nutley, New Jersey 07110
Genes Dev 4:2319-32. 1990..All new Wnt family members are expressed in adult tissues, particularly in brain and lung. These data support the view that the Wnt-1/int-1 family constitutes a large family of signaling peptides with diverse roles in mouse development...
- Characterization of Wnt-1 and Wnt-2 induced growth alterations and signaling pathways in NIH3T3 fibroblastsA Bafico
Derald H Ruttenberg Cancer Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Oncogene 16:2819-25. 1998..These findings establish that both Wnt signaling and pattern of growth alterations differ from those of oncogenes which activate proliferative signaling pathways in NIH3T3 cells...
- Nucleotide sequence, chromosomal localization and developmental expression of the mouse int-1-related geneJ A McMahon
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Nutley, New Jersey 07110
Development 107:643-50. 1989cDNA clones encoding the murine int-1-related protein (m-irp) were isolated from an 8.5-day mouse embryo library...
- Isolation of a human gene with protein sequence similarity to human and murine int-1 and the Drosophila segment polarity mutant winglessB J Wainwright
Department of Biochemistry, St Mary s Hospital Medical School, London, UK
EMBO J 7:1743-8. 1988..This human int-1 related protein, int-1 and Dint-1 have diverse patterns of expression, but the inferred structural similarities suggest that some of the functional characteristics of these proteins may be shared...
- Wnt2 accelerates cardiac myocyte differentiation from ES-cell derived mesodermal cells via non-canonical pathwayTakeshi Onizuka
Department of Cardiology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Mol Cell Cardiol 52:650-9. 2012..We found that Wnt2 was strongly up-regulated during cardiomyocyte differentiation from ES cells...
- The T-box transcription factor Eomesodermin acts upstream of Mesp1 to specify cardiac mesoderm during mouse gastrulationIta Costello
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3RE, UK
Nat Cell Biol 13:1084-91. 2011..Collectively, our experiments demonstrate that Eomes governs discrete context-dependent transcriptional programmes that sequentially specify cardiac and definitive endoderm progenitors during gastrulation...
- RNA sequencing of pancreatic circulating tumour cells implicates WNT signalling in metastasisMin Yu
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Nature 487:510-3. 2012..from an endogenous mouse pancreatic cancer model and subjected CTCs to single-molecule RNA sequencing, identifying Wnt2 as a candidate gene enriched in CTCs...
- Deletion of STK40 protein in mice causes respiratory failure and death at birthHongyao Yu
Key Laboratory of Stem Cell Biology, Institute of Health Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences Shanghai JiaoTong University School of Medicine, 225 South Chongqing Road, Shanghai 200025, China
J Biol Chem 288:5342-52. 2013..STK40 may associate with RCN2 to activate ERK/MAPK signaling and control the expression of multiple key regulators of lung development...
- A positive feedback loop involving Gcm1 and Fzd5 directs chorionic branching morphogenesis in the placentaJinhua Lu
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, People s Republic of China
PLoS Biol 11:e1001536. 2013..These data indicate that Gcm1 and Fzd5 function in an evolutionary conserved positive feedback loop that regulates trophoblast differentiation and sites of chorionic branching morphogenesis...
- Wnt ligands signal in a cooperative manner to promote foregut organogenesisMayumi F Miller
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:15348-53. 2012..We show that two Wnt ligands, Wnt2 and Wnt7b, cooperatively induce Wnt signaling without affecting the stabilization of the Wnt canonical effector β-..
- Multiple roles and interactions of Tbx4 and Tbx5 in development of the respiratory systemRipla Arora
Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS Genet 8:e1002866. 2012..Concordant with this defect, the expression of mesenchymal markers Wnt2 and Fgf10, as well as Fgf10 target genes Bmp4 and Spry2, in the epithelium is downregulated...
- Pathological responses to oncogenic Hedgehog signaling in skin are dependent on canonical Wnt/beta3-catenin signalingSteven Hoseong Yang
Department of Dermatology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan Medical School, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Nat Genet 40:1130-5. 2008....
- Switching axial progenitors from producing trunk to tail tissues in vertebrate embryosArnon Dias Jurberg
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia, Rua da Quinta Grande 6, 2780 156 Oeiras, Portugal
Dev Cell 25:451-62. 2013..Our findings provide a perspective to understand the evolution of the vertebrate body plan...
- Molecular cloning and localization to chromosome 6 of mouse INT1L1 geneA M Chan
Institute of Cancer Research, Chester Beatty Laboratories, London, UK
Somat Cell Mol Genet 15:555-62. 1989The human INT1L1 gene, which exhibits homology to the protooncogene INT1 is very closely linked to the MET gene and cystic fibrosis locus on human chromosome 7...
- Mesenchymal stem cells produce Wnt isoforms and TGF-beta1 that mediate proliferation and procollagen expression by lung fibroblastsKeith D Salazar
Department of Molecular Biomedical Sciences, North Carolina State University, 4700 Hillsborough St, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 297:L1002-11. 2009..In addition, anti-Wnt1 and anti-Wnt2 antibodies attenuated MSC-CM-induced proliferation, and increased expression of Wnt7b was identified...
- Evidence from normal expression and targeted misexpression that bone morphogenetic protein (Bmp-4) plays a role in mouse embryonic lung morphogenesisS Bellusci
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 2175, USA
Development 122:1693-702. 1996..A model is proposed for the role of BMP4 and other signalling molecules in embryonic lung morphogenesis...
- Wnt signaling in heart valve development and osteogenic gene inductionChristina M Alfieri
Division of Molecular Cardiovascular Biology, Cincinnati Children s Medical Center, ML 7020, 240 Albert Sabin Way, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Dev Biol 338:127-35. 2010..Multiple Wnt ligands and pathway genes are differentially expressed during heart valve development. At E12.5, Wnt2 is expressed in cushion mesenchyme, whereas Wnt4 and Wnt9b are predominant in overlying endothelial cells. At E17...
- Wnt2 regulates progenitor proliferation in the developing ventral midbrainKyle M Sousa
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institute, Scheeles vag 1, A1 2, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
J Biol Chem 285:7246-53. 2010..In this study, we perform the first purification and signaling analysis of Wnt2 and define the function of Wnt2 in ventral midbrain precursor cultures, as well as in Wnt2-null mice in vivo...
- WNT2 regulates DNA synthesis in mouse granulosa cells through beta-cateninHong Xing Wang
Departments of Physiology and Pharmacology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Pediatrics, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Biol Reprod 82:865-75. 2010..Therefore, the objective of this study was to investigate the regulation and function of WNT2 signaling in mouse granulosa cells...
- An anchored molecular map of mouse chromosome 6 with an analysis of interferenceP O Davies
Unité de Génétique Moléculaire Murine, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Mamm Genome 6:738-40. 1995
- Embryonic Wnt gene expression in the nitrofen-induced hypoplastic lung using 3-dimensional imagingHajime Takayasu
The Children s Research Centre, Our Lady s Children s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
J Pediatr Surg 45:2129-35. 2010..We have previously reported that pulmonary gene expression of Wnt2 and Wnt7b is downregulated on day 15 of gestation in the nitrofen-induced congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH) ..
- Inductive angiocrine signals from sinusoidal endothelium are required for liver regenerationBi Sen Ding
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Ansary Stem Cell Institute, and Department of Genetic Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York 10065, USA
Nature 468:310-5. 2010..owing to diminished expression of LSEC-derived angiocrine factors, including hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and Wnt2. Notably, in in vitro co-cultures, VEGFR2-Id1 activation in LSECs stimulates hepatocyte proliferation...
- Epithelial Wnt/β-catenin signaling regulates palatal shelf fusion through regulation of Tgfβ3 expressionFenglei He
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118, USA
Dev Biol 350:511-9. 2011..Collectively, our results demonstrate an essential role for Wnt/β-catenin signaling in the epithelial component at the step of palate fusion during palate development by controlling the expression of Tgfβ3 in the MEE...
- HuR controls lung branching morphogenesis and mesenchymal FGF networksNikos Sgantzis
Institute of Immunology, Biomedical Sciences Research Center Alexander Fleming, 16672 Vari, Greece
Dev Biol 354:267-79. 2011..Our data reveals HuR as the first RBP identified to play a dominant role in lung development and as a key post-transcriptional regulator of networks guiding tissue remodeling during branching morphogenesis...
- Localization and quantification of Wnt-2 gene expression in mouse mammary developmentT A Bühler
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
Dev Biol 155:87-96. 1993..Furthermore, they suggest that Wnt-2, as well as several other family members, may play a role in pattern formation during early mammary gland development...
- Mesothelial- and epithelial-derived FGF9 have distinct functions in the regulation of lung developmentYongjun Yin
Department of Developmental Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 138:3169-77. 2011..During pseudoglandular stages of lung development, Wnt2a and Wnt7b are the canonical WNT ligands that activate mesenchymal WNT/β-catenin signaling, whereas FGF9 is the ..
- A genomic clone containing a telomere array maps near the centromere of mouse chromosome 6C H Yen
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, New York State Department of Health, Buffalo 14263, USA
Mamm Genome 6:96-102. 1995..A variety of sequence changes from the consensus hexamer suggests that this array has been removed for a long time from evolutionary pressures to retain the TTAGGG sequence...
- Expression of Wnts in the developing murine secondary palateDennis R Warner
University of Louisville Birth Defects Center, Department of Molecular, Cellular and Craniofacial Biology, Kentucky 40292, USA
Int J Dev Biol 53:1105-12. 2009..The expression of 5 Wnt family members was found to be temporally regulated. Moreover, these Wnts had unique spatio-temporal patterns of expression which suggested possible roles in palatal ontogeny...
- The little (lit) mutation cosegregates with the growth hormone releasing factor receptor on mouse chromosome 6S C Chua
Laboratory of Human Behavior and Metabolism, Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021
Mamm Genome 4:555-9. 1993..Low level of message could reflect a primary molecular defect or be due to secondary hypoplasia of somatotropes.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Mouse Wnt genes exhibit discrete domains of expression in the early embryonic CNS and limb budsB A Parr
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Nutley, NJ 07110
Development 119:247-61. 1993..We discuss the significance of these patterns of restricted and partially overlapping domains of expression with respect to the putative function of Wnt signalling in early CNS and limb development...
- Wnt-3a regulates somite and tailbud formation in the mouse embryoS Takada
Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Roche Research Center, Nutley, New Jersey 07110
Genes Dev 8:174-89. 1994..We suggest that dysmorphology is secondary to the mesodermal and axial defects and that dorsal patterning of the CNS may be regulated by inductive signals arising from surface ectoderm...
- Wnt2 is a direct downstream target of GATA6 during early cardiogenesisAlexander Alexandrovich
Cardiovascular Division, King s College London, London SE5 9PJ, UK
Mech Dev 123:297-311. 2006..We show that early cardiac expression of one of these genes, Wnt2, mirrors that of GATA6 in vitro and in vivo...
- Comparative genomic sequence analysis of the human and mouse cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator genesR E Ellsworth
Genome Technology Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:1172-7. 2000..Furthermore, the generated sequence reveals the precise architecture of genes residing near CFTR/Cftr, including one known gene (WNT2/Wnt2) and two previously unknown genes that immediately flank CFTR/Cftr.
- Molecular genetic studies of Wnt signaling in the mouseM Uusitalo
Faculties of Science and Medicine, University of Oulu, Oulu, 90570, Finland
Exp Cell Res 253:336-48. 1999
- Expression patterns of Wnt genes in mouse gut developmentH Lickert
Department of Molecular Embryology, Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology, Stubeweg 51, D 79108, Freiburg, Germany
Mech Dev 105:181-4. 2001..Here we describe the identification of Wnt genes, Wnt2a, 4, 5a, 5b, 6 and 11, expressed in mouse embryonic gut development...
- Smoothened mutants reveal redundant roles for Shh and Ihh signaling including regulation of L/R asymmetry by the mouse nodeX M Zhang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, The Biolabs, Harvard University, 16 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Cell 105:781-92. 2001..Further, we demonstrate an absolute requirement for Hedgehog signaling in sclerotomal development and a role in cardiac morphogenesis.[Dedicated to Rosa Beddington, a pioneer in mammalian embryology]...
- Smoothened mutants reveal redundant roles for Shh and Ihh signaling including regulation of L/R symmetry by the mouse nodeX M Zhang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, The Biolabs, Harvard University, 16 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Cell 106:781-92. 2001..Further, we demonstrate an absolute requirement for Hedgehog signaling in sclerotomal development and a role in cardiac morphogenesis...
- Characterization of Wnt gene expression in developing and postnatal hair follicles and identification of Wnt5a as a target of Sonic hedgehog in hair follicle morphogenesisS Reddy
Departments of Dermatology and Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mech Dev 107:69-82. 2001..These results identify candidates for several key follicular signals and suggest that WNT and SHH signaling pathways interact to regulate hair follicle morphogenesis...
- Extracellular modulation of the Hedgehog, Wnt and TGF-beta signalling pathways during embryonic developmentJ Capdevila
The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, Gene Expression Laboratory, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Curr Opin Genet Dev 9:427-33. 1999....
- Wnt signaling mediates reorientation of outer hair cell stereociliary bundles in the mammalian cochleaAlain Dabdoub
Section on Developmental Neuroscience, NIDCD, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Development 130:2375-84. 2003..We propose that Wnt signaling across the region of developing outer hair cells gives rise to planar polarity in the mammalian cochlea...
- Characterization of Wnt signaling components and activation of the Wnt canonical pathway in the murine retinaHong Liu
Molecular Medicine Program, Ottawa Health Research Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Dev Dyn 227:323-34. 2003....
- Expression and estradiol regulation of Wnt genes in the mouse blastocyst identify a candidate pathway for embryo-maternal signaling at implantationOthman A Mohamed
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 1A1
Biol Reprod 71:417-24. 2004....
- Hyperactive Wnt signaling changes the developmental potential of embryonic lung endodermTadashi Okubo
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Biol 3:11. 2004..The full range of effects of this pathway, which includes the transcription factor Lef1, has not been explored, however...
- Mechanisms of Wnt signaling in developmentA Wodarz
Institut fur Genetik, Universitat Dusseldorf, Germany
Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 14:59-88. 1998..Here we review recent data that have started to unravel the mechanisms of Wnt signaling...
- Gene trap screening as an effective approach for identification of Wnt-responsive genes in the mouse embryoYoshifumi Yamaguchi
Okazaki Institute for Integrative Biosciences, National Institutes of Natural Sciences, Myodaiji, Okazaki, Aichi, Japan
Dev Dyn 233:484-95. 2005..These results indicate that the gene trap is an effective method for systematic identification of Wnt-responsive genes during embryogenesis...
- Epicardial retinoid X receptor alpha is required for myocardial growth and coronary artery formationEsther Merki
Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of California, San Diego, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:18455-60. 2005....
- Involvement of Sonic hedgehog (Shh) in mouse embryonic lung growth and morphogenesisS Bellusci
Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2175, USA
Development 124:53-63. 1997..No difference could be observed between transgenic and control lungs in either the level or distribution of Bmp4, Wnt2 and Fgf7 RNA. By contrast, Ptc is clearly upregulated in the transgenic lung...
- The WntsJ J Loureiro
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 3280, USA
Curr Biol 9:R4. 1999
- The Wnt inhibitor, Dickkopf 4, is induced by canonical Wnt signaling during ectodermal appendage morphogenesisHisham Bazzi
Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Dev Biol 305:498-507. 2007..We propose that Dkk4 acts in a negative feedback loop to attenuate canonical Wnt signaling, and may facilitate a switch to the non-canonical Wnt planar cell polarity (PCP) pathway that is involved in cell movements during morphogenesis...
- An FGF-WNT gene regulatory network controls lung mesenchyme developmentYongjun Yin
Department of Developmental Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, Campus Box 8103, 660 S Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Dev Biol 319:426-36. 2008..Together, both FGF and WNT signaling pathways function to sustain mesenchymal growth and coordinate epithelial morphogenesis during the pseudoglandular stage of lung development...
- A Gata6-Wnt pathway required for epithelial stem cell development and airway regenerationYuzhen Zhang
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 956 BRB II III, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nat Genet 40:862-70. 2008..Together, these data demonstrate that Gata6-regulated Wnt signaling controls the balance between progenitor expansion and epithelial differentiation required for both lung development and regeneration...
- Activation of beta-Catenin in mouse prostate causes HGPIN and continuous prostate growth after castrationXiuping Yu
Department of Urologic Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Prostate 69:249-62. 2009..Although stabilizing mutations in APC and beta-Catenin are rare in primary prostate tumors, recent studies suggest that cytoplasmic/nuclear beta-Catenin is associated with advanced, metastatic, hormone-refractory prostate carcinoma...
- Tie2Cre-mediated inactivation of plexinD1 results in congenital heart, vascular and skeletal defectsYing Zhang
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Biol 325:82-93. 2009..These results demonstrate an important role for PlexinD1 in embryonic and adult vasculature...
- The mesenchymal winged helix transcription factor Fkh6 is required for the control of gastrointestinal proliferation and differentiationK H Kaestner
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 6145, USA
Genes Dev 11:1583-95. 1997....
- Expression pattern of mouse sFRP-1 and mWnt-8 gene during heart morphogenesisB Jaspard
INSERM U441, Avenue du Haut Leveque, 33 600, Pessac, France
Mech Dev 90:263-7. 2000..Immunoprecipitation experiments demonstrates that FrzA binds to mWnt-8 in cell culture experiments...
- Fibroblast growth factor 9 signaling inhibits airway smooth muscle differentiation in mouse lungLan Yi
Laboratory of Genetics, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Dev Dyn 238:123-37. 2009..This model also represents our findings on the genetic relationship between FGF9 and sonic hedgehog (SHH) in the establishment of airway SMC pattern...
- Activation of the Wnt-beta catenin pathway in a cell population on the surface of the forebrain is essential for the establishment of olfactory axon connectionsAmbra A Zaghetto
Dulbecco Telethon Institute Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche Institute for Biomedical Technologies Milano, 20090 Segrate, Italy
J Neurosci 27:9757-68. 2007..These data reveal a novel function for Wnt signaling in the establishment of periphery-CNS olfactory connections and highlight a complex interplay between cells of different embryonic origin for ORN axon connectivity...
- FUNCTION OF A GROWTH INDUCED GENE IN LIVER REGENERATIONKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Expression profiling of human isletsKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Development of C57BL/6 ES cell technology for high thoughput use.KLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FUNCTIONAL GENOMICS OF THE BETA-CELLKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..The new resources generated through this project will be made available to the NIDDK-funded biotechnology centers and the diabetes research community at large. ..
- Liver Biology, Development and DiseaseKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..