Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Wnt5a
Description: wingless-type MMTV integration site family, member 5A
Alias: 8030457G12Rik, Wnt-5a, protein Wnt-5a, wingless-related MMTV integration site 5A
Publications139 found, 100 shown here
- Canonical and noncanonical Wnts use a common mechanism to activate completely unrelated coreceptorsLuca Grumolato
Department of Oncological Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Genes Dev 24:2517-30. 2010..We demonstrate here that prototype canonical Wnt3a and noncanonical Wnt5a ligands specifically trigger completely unrelated endogenous coreceptors-LRP5/6 and Ror1/2, respectively-through a ..
- The Wingless homolog WNT5A and its receptor Frizzled-5 regulate inflammatory responses of human mononuclear cells induced by microbial stimulationAntje Blumenthal
Division of Molecular Infection Biology, Research Center Borstel, Leibniz Center for Medicine and Biosciences, 23845 Borstel, Germany
Blood 108:965-73. 2006Microarray--assisted gene--expression screens of human macrophages revealed WNT5A, a homolog of Wingless, a key regulator of Drosophila melanogaster embryonic segmentation and patterning, to be consistently up-regulated following ..
- The midbrain-hindbrain phenotype of Wnt-1-/Wnt-1- mice results from stepwise deletion of engrailed-expressing cells by 9.5 days postcoitumA P McMahon
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Roche Research Center, Nutley, New Jersey 07110
Cell 69:581-95. 1992..We suggest that functional redundancy between these two genes accounts for the lack of a caudal central nervous system phenotype...
- Wnt5a is expressed in murine and human atherosclerotic lesionsMark A Christman
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Ohio University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 294:H2864-70. 2008Atherosclerosis is an inflammatory disease involving the accumulation of macrophages in the intima. Wnt5a is a noncanonical member of the Wnt family of secreted glycoproteins...
- Ror2 receptor requires tyrosine kinase activity to mediate Wnt5A signalingAmanda Mikels
Department of Developmental Biology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Biol Chem 284:30167-76. 2009..Emerging evidence suggests that Wnt5a can inhibit Wnt/beta-catenin signaling through interaction with the receptor Ror2...
- Wnt signaling mediates reorientation of outer hair cell stereociliary bundles in the mammalian cochleaAlain Dabdoub
Section on Developmental Neuroscience, NIDCD, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Development 130:2375-84. 2003..We propose that Wnt signaling across the region of developing outer hair cells gives rise to planar polarity in the mammalian cochlea...
- Expression of the Wnt inhibitor Dickkopf-1 is required for the induction of neural markers in mouse embryonic stem cells differentiating in response to retinoic acidR Verani
Department of Human Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Neurochem 100:242-50. 2007..These data suggest that induction of Dkk-1 and the ensuing inhibition of the canonical Wnt pathway is required for neural differentiation of ES cells...
- Wls-mediated Wnts differentially regulate distal limb patterning and tissue morphogenesisXuming Zhu
Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
Dev Biol 365:328-38. 2012..Wls prevented the differentiation of distal mesenchyme and arrested limb outgrowth, most likely by affecting Wnt5a function...
- Wnt7b regulates placental development in miceB A Parr
MCD Biology, University of Colorado, 347 UCB, Boulder, Colorado 80309 0347, USA
Dev Biol 237:324-32. 2001..Wnt7b also is required for normal organization of cells in the chorionic plate. Thus, Wnt7b signaling is central to the early stages of placental development in mammals...
- The Wingless homolog Wnt5a stimulates phagocytosis but not bacterial killingGeorge Maiti
Division of Cancer Biology and Inflammatory Disorder, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Jadavpur, Kolkata, India
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:16600-5. 2012..Unregulated phagocytosis can lead to pathological conditions. In the current study we have demonstrated that Wnt5a stimulates phagocytosis through PI3 kinase-Rac1 and lipid-raft-dependent processes...
- A new nomenclature for int-1 and related genes: the Wnt gene familyR Nusse
Cell 64:231. 1991
- Wnt3a-/--like phenotype and limb deficiency in Lef1(-/-)Tcf1(-/-) miceJ Galceran
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Departments of Microbiology and Biochemistry, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Genes Dev 13:709-17. 1999..Together, these data provide evidence for a redundant role of LEF-1 and TCF-1 in Wnt signaling during mouse development...
- Wnt-5a induces Dishevelled phosphorylation and dopaminergic differentiation via a CK1-dependent mechanismVitezslav Bryja
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Cell Sci 120:586-95. 2007....
- The extracellular domain of Lrp5/6 inhibits noncanonical Wnt signaling in vivoVitezslav Bryja
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Center for Developmental Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Karolinska Institute, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Biol Cell 20:924-36. 2009..We found that Lrp6 physically interacts with Wnt5a, but that this does not lead to phosphorylation of Lrp6 or activation of the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway...
- Wnt5a is required for cardiac outflow tract septation in miceJ Robert Schleiffarth
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Pediatr Res 61:386-91. 2007..We show for the first time that a mutation in Wnt5a in mice leads to PTA...
- Expression of multiple novel Wnt-1/int-1-related genes during fetal and adult mouse developmentB J Gavin
Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Hoffmann La Roche, Roche Research Center, Nutley, New Jersey 07110
Genes Dev 4:2319-32. 1990..All new Wnt family members are expressed in adult tissues, particularly in brain and lung. These data support the view that the Wnt-1/int-1 family constitutes a large family of signaling peptides with diverse roles in mouse development...
- A member of the Frizzled protein family mediating axis induction by Wnt-5AX He
National Cancer Institute, Building 49, Room 4A56, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA xhe nhgri nih gov
Science 275:1652-4. 1997..Wnt-5A/hFz5 signaling was antagonized by glycogen synthase kinase-3 and by the amino-terminal ectodomain of hFz5. These results identify hFz5 as a receptor for Wnt-5A...
- Expression pattern of two Frizzled-related genes, Frzb-1 and Sfrp-1, during mouse embryogenesis suggests a role for modulating action of Wnt family membersB H Hoang
Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University, Ohio 44106, USA
Dev Dyn 212:364-72. 1998..We conclude from these experiments that Frzb-1 is expressed at a time and location to modulate the action of Wnt family members during development of the limbs and central nervous system...
- Human frizzled 1 interacts with transforming Wnts to transduce a TCF dependent transcriptional responseA Gazit
Department of Human Microbiology, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Oncogene 18:5959-66. 1999..All of these findings provide strong evidence that Hfz1 is a functional partner for certain Wnts in inducing TCF dependent transcription...
- Smad-interacting protein-1 (Zfhx1b) acts upstream of Wnt signaling in the mouse hippocampus and controls its formationAmaya Miquelajauregui
Max Planck Institute for Experimental Medicine, Hermann Rein Strasse 3, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:12919-24. 2007..Sip1 is therefore essential to the development of the hippocampus and dentate gyrus, and is able to modulate Wnt signaling in these regions...
- Biochemical analysis of murine Wnt proteins reveals both shared and distinct propertiesL W Burrus
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Exp Cell Res 220:363-73. 1995..Whereas addition of suramin to COS cell cultures significantly increases the levels of all six Wnts in the medium, the addition of heparin only influences the levels of Wnt-1, Wnt-6, and Wnt-7b...
- Wnt-3a regulates somite and tailbud formation in the mouse embryoS Takada
Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Roche Research Center, Nutley, New Jersey 07110
Genes Dev 8:174-89. 1994..We suggest that dysmorphology is secondary to the mesodermal and axial defects and that dorsal patterning of the CNS may be regulated by inductive signals arising from surface ectoderm...
- A role for the Wnt gene family in hematopoiesis: expansion of multilineage progenitor cellsT W Austin
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Blood 89:3624-35. 1997..We conclude that WNTs stimulate the survival/proliferation of hematopoietic progenitors, demonstrating that WNTs comprise a novel class of hematopoietic cell regulators...
- A Wnt5a pathway underlies outgrowth of multiple structures in the vertebrate embryoT P Yamaguchi
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Biological Laboratories, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Development 126:1211-23. 1999..b>Wnt5a may regulate these processes since it is expressed in a gradient at the caudal end of the growing embryo during ..
- Mouse Wnt receptor gene Fzd5 is essential for yolk sac and placental angiogenesisT Ishikawa
Banyu Tsukuba Research Institute Merck, Tsukuba, Japan
Development 128:25-33. 2001..5 days post coitum. Fzd5 specifically synergized with Wnt2, Wnt5a and Wnt10b in ectopic axis induction assays in Xenopus embryos...
- Characterization of Wnt gene expression in developing and postnatal hair follicles and identification of Wnt5a as a target of Sonic hedgehog in hair follicle morphogenesisS Reddy
Departments of Dermatology and Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mech Dev 107:69-82. 2001..Among these, we find that Wnt5a is expressed in the developing dermal condensate of wild type but not Sonic hedgehog (Shh)-null embryos, ..
- Sonic hedgehog signaling from the urethral epithelium controls external genital developmentClaire L Perriton
Division of Zoology, University of Reading, Whiteknights, United Kingdom
Dev Biol 247:26-46. 2002..In the absence of Shh signaling, Fgf8, Bmp2, Bmp4, Fgf10, and Wnt5a are downregulated, and apoptosis is enhanced in the genitalia...
- Wnt5a participates in distal lung morphogenesisChanggong Li
Department of Pediatrics, Women s and Children s Hospital, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Dev Biol 248:68-81. 2002..Recently, Wnt5a a member of the wingless family of signaling molecules involved in cell proliferation, differentiation, and ..
- Specification of jaw subdivisions by Dlx genesMichael J Depew
Nina Ireland Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, 401 Parnassus Avenue, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0984, USA
Science 298:381-5. 2002..We suggest that nested Dlx expression in the arches patterns their proximodistal axes. Evolutionary acquisition and subsequent refinement of jaws may have been dependent on modification of Dlx expression...
- Identification of 2 novel genes developmentally regulated in the mouse aorta-gonad-mesonephros regionClaudia Orelio
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 101:2246-9. 2003..The identification of differentially expressed genes in the AGM region should yield further insights into the development of this tissue and into the emergence and regulation of HSCs...
- Wnt-5a inhibits the canonical Wnt pathway by promoting GSK-3-independent beta-catenin degradationLilia Topol
Genetic Disease Research Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Cell Biol 162:899-908. 2003..Furthermore, we provide evidence that Wnt-5a also acts in vivo to promote beta-catenin degradation in regulating mammalian limb development and possibly in suppressing tumor formation...
- Dishevelled 2 recruits beta-arrestin 2 to mediate Wnt5A-stimulated endocytosis of Frizzled 4Wei Chen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Departments of Medicine and Biochemistry, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Science 301:1391-4. 2003..Endocytosis of Frizzled 4 (Fz4) in human embryonic kidney 293 cells was dependent on added Wnt5A protein and was accomplished by the multifunctional adaptor protein beta-arrestin 2 (betaarr2), which was ..
- Differential regulation of midbrain dopaminergic neuron development by Wnt-1, Wnt-3a, and Wnt-5aGoncalo Castelo-Branco
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Medical Biochemistry, and Biophysics, Karolinska Institute, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:12747-52. 2003..These findings indicate that Wnts are key regulators of proliferation and differentiation of DA precursors during VM neurogenesis and that different Wnts have specific and unique activity profiles...
- Wnt5a inhibits B cell proliferation and functions as a tumor suppressor in hematopoietic tissueHuiling Liang
Department of Cell Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Cancer Cell 4:349-60. 2003b>Wnt5a is a member of the Wnt family of secreted glycoproteins that play essential organizing roles in development. Similar to other Wnt members, Wnt5a can upregulate cell proliferation and has been proposed to have oncogenic function...
- Vangl2 acts via RhoA signaling to regulate polarized cell movements during development of the proximal outflow tractHelen M Phillips
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Circ Res 96:292-9. 2005....
- The mechanism of endogenous receptor activation functionally distinguishes prototype canonical and noncanonical WntsGuizhong Liu
Department of Oncological Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Box 1130, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:3475-82. 2005..Here, we tandemly linked noncanonical Wnt5a with the C-terminal half of Dickkopf-2 (Dkk2C), a distinct ligand of the Wnt coreceptor LRP5/6...
- Analysis of combinatorial effects of Wnts and Frizzleds on beta-catenin/armadillo stabilization and Dishevelled phosphorylationRitsuko Takada
Okazaki Institute for Integrative Bioscience, National Institutes of Natural Sciences, Okazaki, Aichi 444 8787, Japan
Genes Cells 10:919-28. 2005....
- Ryk-mediated Wnt repulsion regulates posterior-directed growth of corticospinal tractYaobo Liu
Department of Neurobiology, Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Nat Neurosci 8:1151-9. 2005..Intrathecal injection of anti-Ryk blocked the posterior growth of CST axons. Therefore, Wnt proteins may have a general role in anterior-posterior guidance of multiple classes of axons...
- A Wnt1-regulated genetic network controls the identity and fate of midbrain-dopaminergic progenitors in vivoNilima Prakash
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Technical University Munich, Institute of Developmental Genetics, Ingolstaedter Landstrasse 1, 85764 Munich Neuherberg, Germany
Development 133:89-98. 2006..They also suggest the Wnt1-controlled signaling pathway as a promising target for new therapeutic strategies in the treatment of Parkinson's disease...
- Sfrp1 and Sfrp2 regulate anteroposterior axis elongation and somite segmentation during mouse embryogenesisWataru Satoh
Vertebrate Body Plan, Center for Developmental Biology, RIKEN Kobe, Chuou ku, Kobe 650 0047, Japan
Development 133:989-99. 2006..This study suggests that Wnt regulation by Sfrp1 and Sfrp2 is required for embryonic patterning...
- Increase in proliferation and differentiation of neural progenitor cells isolated from postnatal and adult mice brain by Wnt-3a and Wnt-5aJi Min Yu
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, Pusan National University, 1 Ga, Ami dong, Suh gu, Pusan, 602 739, Korea
Mol Cell Biochem 288:17-28. 2006..The PKC inhibitor completely blocked the Wnt-5a effect on neuronal differentiation in NPCs. These findings suggest that Wnt-3a and Wnt-5a each have distinct effects on the proliferation and differentiation of NPCs in postnatal mice...
- The Wnt receptor Ryk is required for Wnt5a-mediated axon guidance on the contralateral side of the corpus callosumThomas R Keeble
The Queensland Brain Institute, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
J Neurosci 26:5840-8. 2006..Therefore, Ryk(-/-) mice display a novel callosal guidance phenotype. We also show that Wnt5a acts as a chemorepulsive ligand for Ryk, driving callosal axons toward the contralateral hemisphere after crossing ..
- Wnt5a signaling induces proliferation and survival of endothelial cells in vitro and expression of MMP-1 and Tie-2T Nestor H Masckauchan
Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:5163-72. 2006Wnts are lipid-modified secreted glycoproteins that regulate diverse biological processes. We report that Wnt5a, which functions in noncanonical Wnt signaling, has activity on endothelial cells...
- Wnt5a functions in planar cell polarity regulation in miceDong Qian
Department of Cell Biology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Dev Biol 306:121-33. 2007..We show that Wnt5a forms a reciprocal expression pattern with a Wnt antagonist, the secreted frizzled-related protein 3 (Sfrp3 or ..
- Wnt3a binds to several sFRPs in the nanomolar rangeDanuta Wawrzak
Laboratory for Cell Genetics, Vrije Universiteit Brussel VUB, Pleinlaan 2, B 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 357:1119-23. 2007..These results provide the first measurement of binding affinity of sFRPs for a Wnt, which together with the measurement of antagonistic activity of sFRPs could help understand how sFRPs regulate Wnt signaling...
- Wnt5a inhibits canonical Wnt signaling in hematopoietic stem cells and enhances repopulationMichael J Nemeth
Genetics and Molecular Biology Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 4442, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:15436-41. 2007..We observed that noncanonical Wnt5a inhibited Wnt3a-mediated canonical Wnt signaling in HSCs and suppressed Wnt3a-mediated alterations in gene ..
- Wnt5a is required for proper mammary gland development and TGF-beta-mediated inhibition of ductal growthKevin Roarty
Department of Cell Biology, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Development 134:3929-39. 2007..Tgfbeta) regulates the expression of a non-canonical signaling member of the wingless-related protein family, Wnt5a. Loss of Wnt5a expression has been associated with poor prognosis in breast cancer patients; however, data are ..
- A histone lysine methyltransferase activated by non-canonical Wnt signalling suppresses PPAR-gamma transactivationIchiro Takada
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, Yayoi 1 1 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 9:1273-85. 2007....
- Wnt5a modulates glycogen synthase kinase 3 to induce phosphorylation of receptor tyrosine kinase Ror2Hiroyuki Yamamoto
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe University, 7 5 1, Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Genes Cells 12:1215-23. 2007The receptor tyrosine kinase Ror2 plays important roles in mediating non-canonical Wnt5a signaling by activating the Wnt-JNK pathway and inhibiting the beta-catenin-TCF pathway...
- Wnt5a-treated midbrain neural stem cells improve dopamine cell replacement therapy in parkinsonian miceClare L Parish
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Invest 118:149-60. 2008..Mouse VM neurospheres (VMNs) expanded with FGF2, differentiated with sonic hedgehog and FGF8, and transfected with Wnt5a (VMN-Wnt5a) generated 10-fold more DA neurons than did conventional FGF2-treated VMNs...
- Wnt5A/CaMKII signaling contributes to the inflammatory response of macrophages and is a target for the antiinflammatory action of activated protein C and interleukin-10Claudia Pereira
Molecular and Clinical Inflammation Research Unit, Medical Clinic, University Hospital of Zurich, Ramistrasse 100, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:504-10. 2008..To identify targets for antiinflammatory intervention, we investigated the response of human macrophages to inflammatory and antiinflammatory mediators...
- Wnt5a control of cell polarity and directional movement by polarized redistribution of adhesion receptorsEric S Witze
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO80309, USA
Science 320:365-9. 2008..We show that acute responses to Wnt5a involve recruitment of actin, myosin IIB, Frizzled 3, and melanoma cell adhesion molecule into an intracellular ..
- Cthrc1 selectively activates the planar cell polarity pathway of Wnt signaling by stabilizing the Wnt-receptor complexShinji Yamamoto
Laboratory for Embryonic Induction, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, 2 2 3 Minatojima minamimachi, Chuo Ku, Kobe, Hyogo 650 0047, Japan
Dev Cell 15:23-36. 2008..These results suggest that Cthrc1 is a Wnt cofactor protein that selectively activates the Wnt/PCP pathway by stabilizing ligand-receptor interaction...
- Receptor tyrosine kinase Ror2 mediates Wnt5a-induced polarized cell migration by activating c-Jun N-terminal kinase via actin-binding protein filamin AAkira Nomachi
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe University, 7 5 1, Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:27973-81. 2008The receptor tyrosine kinase Ror2 has recently been shown to act as an alternative receptor or coreceptor for Wnt5a and to mediate Wnt5a-induced migration of cultured cells...
- Contrasting responses of lymphoid progenitors to canonical and noncanonical Wnt signalsSachin Malhotra
Immunobiology and Cancer Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
J Immunol 181:3955-64. 2008..We overexpressed Wnt3a, Wnt5a, and Dickkopf 1 in stromal cells from osteopetrotic mice and used them in coculture experiments with highly ..
- Wnt5a regulates directional cell migration and cell proliferation via Ror2-mediated noncanonical pathway in mammalian palate developmentFenglei He
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118, USA
Development 135:3871-9. 2008..Here, we show that Wnt5a and its receptor Ror2 are expressed in a graded manner along the AP axis of the palate...
- Wnt5a regulates ventral midbrain morphogenesis and the development of A9-A10 dopaminergic cells in vivoEmma R Andersson
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 3:e3517. 2008b>Wnt5a is a morphogen that activates the Wnt/planar cell polarity (PCP) pathway and serves multiple functions during development...
- Wnt5A regulates expression of tumor-associated antigens in melanoma via changes in signal transducers and activators of transcription 3 phosphorylationSamudra K Dissanayake
Laboratory of Immunology and the Research Resources Branch, Gerontology Research Center, National Institute on Aging, NIH, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Cancer Res 68:10205-14. 2008..In this study, we show that the noncanonical Wnt ligand, Wnt5A, can increase melanoma metastasis in vivo while down-regulating the expression of tumor-associated antigens ..
- WNT5A is a regulator of fibroblast proliferation and resistance to apoptosisLouis J Vuga
Dorothy P and Richard P Simmons Center for Interstitial Lung Diseases, Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 41:583-9. 2009..We found that WNT5A was significantly increased in fibroblasts obtained from UIP lung tissues compared with normal lung fibroblasts, ..
- Wnt5a mediates nerve growth factor-dependent axonal branching and growth in developing sympathetic neuronsDaniel Bodmer
Department of Biology, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21218, USA
J Neurosci 29:7569-81. 2009..Here, we identify Wnt5a, a member of the Wnt family of secreted growth factors, as a key downstream effector of NGF in mediating axonal ..
- Functional and phylogenetic analysis shows that Fgf8 is a marker of genital induction in mammals but is not required for external genital developmentAshley W Seifert
Department of Zoology, UF Genetics Institute, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Development 136:2643-51. 2009..We propose that induction of external genitalia involves an epithelial-epithelial interaction at the cloacal membrane, and suggest that the cloacal ectoderm may be the source of the genital initiation signal...
- The orphan tyrosine kinase receptor, ROR2, mediates Wnt5A signaling in metastatic melanomaM P O'Connell
Laboratory of Immunology, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Oncogene 29:34-44. 2010..As ROR2 has been shown to specifically interact with the non-canonical Wnt ligand, Wnt5A, this corroborates our earlier data implicating Wnt5A as a mediator of melanoma metastasis...
- Wnt5a regulates distinct signalling pathways by binding to Frizzled2Akira Sato
Department of Biochemistry, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
EMBO J 29:41-54. 2010b>Wnt5a regulates multiple intracellular signalling cascades, but how Wnt5a determines the specificity of these pathways is not well understood...
- Ror2 is required for midgut elongation during mouse developmentMakiko Yamada
Department of Developmental Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Shimane University, Izumo, Japan
Dev Dyn 239:941-53. 2010The receptor tyrosine kinase Ror2 acts as a receptor for Wnt5a to mediate noncanonical Wnt signaling, and it plays essential roles in morphogenesis...
- Wnt5a signaling is involved in the aggressiveness of prostate cancer and expression of metalloproteinaseH Yamamoto
Department of Biochemistry, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Oncogene 29:2036-46. 2010b>Wnt5a is a representative ligand that activates the beta-catenin-independent pathway in Wnt signaling...
- Ror2/Frizzled complex mediates Wnt5a-induced AP-1 activation by regulating Dishevelled polymerizationMichiru Nishita
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe University, 7 5 1 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 30:3610-9. 2010The receptor tyrosine kinase Ror2 acts as a receptor or coreceptor for Wnt5a to mediate Wnt5a-induced activation of the Wnt/JNK pathway and inhibition of the beta-catenin-dependent canonical Wnt pathway...
- Control of hair follicle cell fate by underlying mesenchyme through a CSL-Wnt5a-FoxN1 regulatory axisBing Hu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, Epalinges, Switzerland
Genes Dev 24:1519-32. 2010..Similar consequences on hair follicle differentiation result from deletion of Wnt5a, a specific dermal papilla signature gene that we found to be under direct Notch/CSL control in these cells...
- Immunolocalization of Wnt5a during the hair cycle and its role in hair shaft growth in miceYizhan Xing
Department of Cell Biology, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, People s Republic of China
Acta Histochem 113:608-12. 2011..It has been generally accepted that Wnt5a, a non-canonical Wnt gene, inhibits the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway...
- Maintenance of HSC by Wnt5a secreting AGM-derived stromal cell lineShannon M Buckley
Stem Cell Institute, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Exp Hematol 39:114-123.e1-5. 2011..Employing stromal cell lines derived from the aorta-gonad-mesonephros and embryonic liver, we aim to identify secreted factors that maintain/expand HSC in vitro...
- WNT5A/JNK and FGF/MAPK pathways regulate the cellular events shaping the vertebrate limb budJerome Gros
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, and Center for Systems Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Curr Biol 20:1993-2002. 2010....
- WNT-5A stimulates the GDP/GTP exchange at pertussis toxin-sensitive heterotrimeric G proteinsMichaela Bc Kilander
Section of Receptor Biology and Signaling, Dept of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Cell Signal 23:550-4. 2011..In summary, we provide for the first time molecular proof that WNT-5A stimulation results in the activation of heterotrimeric G(i2/3) proteins in mammalian cells with physiological protein stochiometry...
- Wingless-type family member 5A (Wnt-5a) stimulates synaptic differentiation and function of glutamatergic synapsesLorena Varela-Nallar
Centro de Envejecimiento y Regeneración, Departamento de Biologia Celular y Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago 8331150, Chile
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:21164-9. 2010..We conclude that Wnt-5a stimulates different aspects of synaptic differentiation and plasticity in the mammalian central nervous system...
- The neural crest-enriched microRNA miR-452 regulates epithelial-mesenchymal signaling in the first pharyngeal archNeil T Sheehy
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Development 137:4307-16. 2010..to rescue Dlx2 expression in Dicer mutant pharyngeal arches, and regulated non-cell-autonomous signaling involving Wnt5a, Shh and Fgf8 that converged on Dlx2 regulation in PA1...
- Wnt/planar cell polarity signaling controls the anterior-posterior organization of monoaminergic axons in the brainstemAli G Fenstermaker
University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Neurosci 30:16053-64. 2010..The only known ligands for planar cell polarity signaling are Wnt proteins. In culture, Wnt5a attracts 5-HT but repels mdDA axons, and Wnt7b attracts mdDA axons...
- Wnt signaling gradients establish planar cell polarity by inducing Vangl2 phosphorylation through Ror2Bo Gao
National Human Genome Research Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Dev Cell 20:163-76. 2011..In the limb bud, Wnt5a signaling gradient controls limb elongation by establishing PCP in chondrocytes along the proximal-distal axis ..
- The cerebrospinal fluid provides a proliferative niche for neural progenitor cellsMaria K Lehtinen
Division of Genetics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Neuron 69:893-905. 2011..The temporal control of CSF composition may have critical relevance to normal development and neuropathological conditions...
- Dissection of Wnt5a-Ror2 signaling leading to matrix metalloproteinase (MMP-13) expressionKaoru Yamagata
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe University, 7 5 1, Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
J Biol Chem 287:1588-99. 2012It has been shown that constitutively active Wnt5a-Ror2 signaling in osteosarcoma cell lines plays crucial roles in induced expression of matrix metalloproteinase-13 (MMP-13), required for their invasiveness; however, it remains largely ..
- Wnt5a-Ror2 signaling between osteoblast-lineage cells and osteoclast precursors enhances osteoclastogenesisKazuhiro Maeda
Institute for Oral Science, Matsumoto Dental University, Nagano, Japan
Nat Med 18:405-12. 2012..b>Wnt5a activates noncanonical Wnt signaling through receptor tyrosine kinase-like orphan receptor (Ror) proteins...
- Mouse Wnt genes exhibit discrete domains of expression in the early embryonic CNS and limb budsB A Parr
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Nutley, NJ 07110
Development 119:247-61. 1993..We discuss the significance of these patterns of restricted and partially overlapping domains of expression with respect to the putative function of Wnt signalling in early CNS and limb development...
- Expression patterns of Wnt genes in mouse gut developmentH Lickert
Department of Molecular Embryology, Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology, Stubeweg 51, D 79108, Freiburg, Germany
Mech Dev 105:181-4. 2001..5 and 16.5 of embryonic development. The expression of Wnt5a is confined to the mesenchymal compartment, while expression of Wnt4 is found both in the intestinal epithelium ..
- The receptor tyrosine kinase Ror2 is involved in non-canonical Wnt5a/JNK signalling pathwayIsao Oishi
Department of Genome Sciences, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe University, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Genes Cells 8:645-54. 2003..Since Ror2 possesses an extracellular cysteine-rich domain (CRD) that resembles the Wnt-binding sites of the Frizzled (Fz) proteins, it is conceivable that Ror2 interacts with members of the Wnt family...
- Anterior-posterior guidance of commissural axons by Wnt-frizzled signalingAnna I Lyuksyutova
Department of Neurobiology, Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Science 302:1984-8. 2003..Thus, Wnt-Frizzled signaling guides commissural axons along the anterior-posterior axis of the spinal cord...
- Purified Wnt5a protein activates or inhibits beta-catenin-TCF signaling depending on receptor contextAmanda J Mikels
Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States of America
PLoS Biol 4:e115. 2006..to the canonical pathway, evidence for several other Wnt signaling pathways has accumulated, in particular for Wnt5a, which has therefore been classified as a noncanonical Wnt family member...
- Wnt-3a and Dickkopf-1 stimulate neurite outgrowth in Ewing tumor cells via a Frizzled3- and c-Jun N-terminal kinase-dependent mechanismYoshimi Endo
National Cancer Institute, Bldg 37, Room 2042, 37 Convent Drive, MSC 4256, Bethesda, MD 20892 4256, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:2368-79. 2008..Our data demonstrate that Fzd3, Dvl, and JNK activity mediate Wnt-dependent neurite outgrowth and that ESFT cell lines will be useful experimental models for the study of Wnt-dependent neurite extension...
- A dermal HOX transcriptional program regulates site-specific epidermal fateJohn L Rinn
Program in Epithelial Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Genes Dev 22:303-7. 2008..required to maintain the distal-specific transcriptional program in adult fibroblasts, including expression of WNT5A, a morphogen required for distal development...
- Msx1 (Hox-7.1) in the adult mouse uterus: cellular interactions underlying regulation of expressionA Pavlova
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, MA 02118
Development 120:335-45. 1994..g. gestation), this homeobox-containing gene plays a role in maintaining the uterus in a morphogenic and developmentally responsive state prerequisite for its unique function...
- Stromelysin-1 and mesothelin are differentially regulated by Wnt-5a and Wnt-1 in C57mg mouse mammary epithelial cellsMary G Prieve
Department of Pharmacology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, and Center for Developmental Biology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
BMC Dev Biol 3:2. 2003..Many downstream target genes of the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway have been identified. In contrast, little is known about the Wnt/Ca2+ pathway and whether it regulates gene expression...
- Dickkopf-1 (DKK1) reveals that fibronectin is a major target of Wnt signaling in branching morphogenesis of the mouse embryonic lungStijn P De Langhe
Developmental Biology Program, Department of Surgery, USC Keck School of Medicine and the Saban Research Institute of Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Dev Biol 277:316-31. 2005..DKK1-induced morphogenetic defects can be mimicked by inhibition of FN and overcome by addition of exogenous FN, suggesting an involvement of FN in Wnt-regulated morphogenetic processes...
- The WNT7b promoter is regulated by TTF-1, GATA6, and Foxa2 in lung epitheliumJoel Weidenfeld
Department of Medicine, Molecular Cardiology Research Center, and the Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 277:21061-70. 2002..Together, these results suggest that WNT7b gene expression in the lung epithelium is regulated in a combinatorial fashion by TTF-1, GATA6, and Foxa2...
- Wnt5a-Ror-Dishevelled signaling constitutes a core developmental pathway that controls tissue morphogenesisHsin Yi Henry Ho
Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:4044-51. 2012..The best characterized noncanonical Wnt, Wnt5a, has been suggested to signal via a variety of different receptors, including the Ror family of receptor tyrosine ..
- Differential regulation of the Wnt gene family during pregnancy and lactation suggests a role in postnatal development of the mammary glandB J Gavin
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Roche Research Center, Nutley, New Jersey 07110
Mol Cell Biol 12:2418-23. 1992..We propose that Wnt-mediated signalling is involved in normal regulation of mammary development and that inappropriate expression of Wnt-1, Wnt-3, and possibly other family members can interfere with these signalling pathways...
- Transcription factors in pituitary developmentP E Mullis
University Children s Hospital, Inselspital, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Mol Cell Endocrinol 185:1-16. 2001..Therefore, to study the different steps in morphogenesis will shed light onto developmental processes which will open a most fascinating time not only for basic scientists, biologist but also for clinicians...
- Wnt proteins prevent apoptosis of both uncommitted osteoblast progenitors and differentiated osteoblasts by beta-catenin-dependent and -independent signaling cascades involving Src/ERK and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/AKTMaria Almeida
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Center for Osteoporosis and Metabolic Bone Diseases, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and the Central Arkansas Veterans Health Care System, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
J Biol Chem 280:41342-51. 2005..Serum withdrawal-induced apoptosis was prevented by the canonical Wnts (Wnt3a and Wnt1) and the noncanonical Wnt5a in all cell types...
- Analysis of mouse models carrying the I26T and R160C substitutions in the transcriptional repressor HESX1 as models for septo-optic dysplasia and hypopituitarismEzat Sajedi
Neural Development Unit, Institute of Child Health, University College London, London, UK
Dis Model Mech 1:241-54. 2008..Together, these results suggest that the I26T mutation yields a hypomorphic allele, whereas R160C produces a null allele and, consequently, a more severe phenotype in both mice and humans...
- Motor neurons with axial muscle projections specified by Wnt4/5 signalingDritan Agalliu
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Kavli Institute for Brain Science, Departments of Neuroscience and Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuron 61:708-20. 2009..that the specification of MMC fate involves a dorsoventral signaling program mediated by three Wnt proteins (Wnt4, Wnt5a, and Wnt5b) expressed in and around the floor plate...
- Pulsating fluid flow modulates gene expression of proteins involved in Wnt signaling pathways in osteocytesAna Santos
Department of Oral Cell Biology, ACTA University of Amsterdam and VU University Amsterdam, Research Institute MOVE, Van der Boechorststraat 7, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Orthop Res 27:1280-7. 2009..In MC3T3-E1 osteoblasts, PFF downregulated gene expression of Wnt5a and c-jun at 0.5-3-h PI...
- Non-canonical Wnt signaling regulates cell polarity in female reproductive tract development via van gogh-like 2Alysia L VandenBerg
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris VI, 75634 Paris Cedex 13, France
Development 136:1559-70. 2009..These studies demonstrate that the establishment and maintenance of cell polarity through non-canonical Wnt signaling are required for FRT development...
- Essential mesenchymal role of small GTPase Rac1 in interdigital programmed cell death during limb developmentDai Suzuki
Department of Biochemistry, Showa University, Hatanodai, Shinagawa, Tokyo, Japan
Dev Biol 335:396-406. 2009..Our findings from Rac1 conditional mutants indicate crucial roles for Rac1 in limb bud morphogenesis, especially interdigital programmed cell death...
- Wnt5a regulates growth, patterning, and odontoblast differentiation of developing mouse toothMinkui Lin
Department of Periodontology, Affiliated Stomatological Hospital, Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou, Fujian, China
Dev Dyn 240:432-40. 2011..Here we compared the expression of Wnt5a, a representative of noncanonical Wnts, with that of Ror2, the Wnt5a receptor for non-canonical signaling, in the ..
- Wnt5a is a transcriptional target of Dlx homeogenes and promotes differentiation of interneuron progenitors in vitro and in vivoSara Paina
Dulbecco Telethon Institute c o Molecular Biotechnology Center, University of Torino, 10126 Torino, Italy
J Neurosci 31:2675-87. 2011..we provide evidence that Dlx genes promote differentiation of olfactory interneurons via the signaling molecule Wnt5a. Dlx2 and Dlx5 interact with homeodomain binding sequences within the Wnt5a locus and activate its transcription...
- Alterations in gene expression during mesoderm formation and axial patterning in Brachyury (T) embryosP Rashbass
National Institute for Medical Research, London, United Kingdom
Int J Dev Biol 38:35-44. 1994..This extension into ventromedial somite domains is more pronounced caudally, supporting a function for the notochord in ventralizing somites...
- Linking folate deficiency to changes in gene expressionKAREN KATULA; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FUNCTION OF A GROWTH INDUCED GENE IN LIVER REGENERATIONKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Expression profiling of human isletsKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Development of C57BL/6 ES cell technology for high thoughput use.KLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fetal Lung Development:Role of Wnt5a SignalingChanggong Li; Fiscal Year: 2008..We have examined the consequences of functional deletion of Wnt5a on lung development in mouse...
- FUNCTIONAL GENOMICS OF THE BETA-CELLKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..The new resources generated through this project will be made available to the NIDDK-funded biotechnology centers and the diabetes research community at large. ..
- Liver Biology, Development and DiseaseKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..