Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Wnt7a
Description: wingless-type MMTV integration site family, member 7A
Alias: AI849442, Wnt-7a, protein Wnt-7a, postaxial hemimelia, wingless-related MMTV integration site 7A
Publications113 found, 100 shown here
- p63 is essential for regenerative proliferation in limb, craniofacial and epithelial developmentA Yang
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 398:714-8. 1999..Taken together, our results indicate that p63 is critical for maintaining the progenitor-cell populations that are necessary to sustain epithelial development and morphogenesis...
- Dorsalizing signal Wnt-7a required for normal polarity of D-V and A-P axes of mouse limbB A Parr
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138
Nature 374:350-3. 1995..Many mutant mice also lack posterior digits, demonstrating that Wnt-7a is also required for anterior-posterior patterning. We propose that normal limb development requires interactions between the signalling systems for these two axes...
- The mouse Engrailed-1 gene and ventral limb patterningC A Loomis
Ronald O Perelman Deparment of Dermatology, New York University Medical School 10016, USA
Nature 382:360-3. 1996..Engrailed-1 seems to act in part by repressing dorsal differentiation induced by Wnt-7a, and is essential for proper formation of the apical ectodermal ridge...
- Novel regulatory interactions revealed by studies of murine limb pattern in Wnt-7a and En-1 mutantsJ A Cygan
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, The Biolabs, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Development 124:5021-32. 1997..Unlike the normal AER, ectopic AER formation is dependent upon Wnt-7a activity, indicating that distinct genetic mechanisms may be involved in primary and secondary AER formation...
- Analysis of the genetic pathway leading to formation of ectopic apical ectodermal ridges in mouse Engrailed-1 mutant limbsC A Loomis
Ronald O Perelman Department of Dermatology, NYU Medical School, New York, NY 10016, USA
Development 125:1137-48. 1998..A detailed genetic analysis of wild-type, En1 and Wnt7a mutant limb buds during AER development has delineated a role for En1 in normal AER formation...
- The loss of ventral ectoderm identity correlates with the inability to form an AER in the legless hindlimb budS M Bell
Division of Developmental Biology Children s Hospital Research Foundation, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Mech Dev 74:41-50. 1998..In contrast, Wnt7a expression is initiated and maintained in the dorsal ectoderm...
- Mechanisms of Wnt signaling in developmentA Wodarz
Institut fur Genetik, Universitat Dusseldorf, Germany
Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 14:59-88. 1998..Here we review recent data that have started to unravel the mechanisms of Wnt signaling...
- Fgf10 is essential for limb and lung formationK Sekine
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Nat Genet 21:138-41. 1999..Thus, we show here that Fgf10 serves as an essential regulator of lung and limb formation...
- Axonal remodeling and synaptic differentiation in the cerebellum is regulated by WNT-7a signalingA C Hall
Developmental Biology Research Centre, The Randall Institute, King s College London, United Kingdom
Cell 100:525-35. 2000..Wnt-7a mutant mice show a delay in the morphological maturation of glomerular rosettes and in the accumulation of synapsin I. We propose that WNT-7a can function as a synaptogenic factor...
- Manifestation of the limb prepattern: limb development in the absence of sonic hedgehog functionC Chiang
Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 1161 21st Avenue South, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Dev Biol 236:421-35. 2001..According to this model, the limb bud signaling centers, including the zone of polarizing activity (ZPA) acting through Shh, are required to elaborate upon the axial information provided by the native limb field prepattern...
- BMPR-IA signaling is required for the formation of the apical ectodermal ridge and dorsal-ventral patterning of the limbK Ahn
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pennsylvania Medical School, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Development 128:4449-61. 2001..This study demonstrates that BMPR-IA signaling plays a crucial role in AER formation and in the establishment of the dorsal/ventral patterning during limb development...
- Wnt signaling mediates reorientation of outer hair cell stereociliary bundles in the mammalian cochleaAlain Dabdoub
Section on Developmental Neuroscience, NIDCD, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Development 130:2375-84. 2003..In vitro application of Wnt7a protein or inhibitors of Wnt signaling, secreted Frizzled-related protein 1 or Wnt inhibitory factor 1, disrupts ..
- Genetic interaction between Wnt/beta-catenin and BMP receptor signaling during formation of the AER and the dorsal-ventral axis in the limbNatalia Soshnikova
Max Delbrück Centrum for Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, 13125Berlin, Germany
Genes Dev 17:1963-8. 2003..Thus, AER formation and dorsal-ventral patterning of limbs are tightly controlled by an intricate interplay between Wnt/beta-catenin and BMP receptor signaling...
- Protein kinase A signalling via CREB controls myogenesis induced by Wnt proteinsAlice E Chen
Department of Embryology, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 115 West University Parkway, Baltimore, Maryland 21210, USA
Nature 433:317-22. 2005..Our findings raise the possibility that PKA/CREB signalling may also contribute to other Wnt-regulated processes in embryonic patterning, stem cell renewal and cancer...
- Bmp4 in limb bud mesoderm regulates digit pattern by controlling AER developmentJennifer Selever
Alkek Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M System Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Dev Biol 276:268-79. 2004..Our data show that Bmp4 in limb mesoderm regulates AER induction and maturation and implicate signaling from the AER in regulation of digit number and identity...
- Genetic interaction between Wnt7a and Lrp6 during patterning of dorsal and posterior structures of the mouse limbMaja Adamska
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0618, USA
Dev Dyn 233:368-72. 2005b>Wnt7a and the Wnt coreceptor Lrp6 are both required for development of posterior digits and dorsal structures of the limb...
- Signaling across the synapse: a role for Wnt and Dishevelled in presynaptic assembly and neurotransmitter releaseAzlina Ahmad-Annuar
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, England, UK
J Cell Biol 174:127-39. 2006..Loss of Wnt7a function leads to defects in the localization of presynaptic markers and in the morphology of the presynaptic ..
- Wnt-dependent de novo hair follicle regeneration in adult mouse skin after woundingMayumi Ito
Department of Dermatology, Kligman Laboratories, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nature 447:316-20. 2007..These findings suggest treatments for wounds, hair loss and other degenerative skin disorders...
- Wnt7a activates the planar cell polarity pathway to drive the symmetric expansion of satellite stem cellsFabien Le Grand
Sprott Center for Stem Cell Research, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Regenerative Medicine Program, 501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON K1H 8L6, Canada
Cell Stem Cell 4:535-47. 2009..We found that quiescent satellite stem cells expressed the Wnt receptor Fzd7 and that its candidate ligand Wnt7a was upregulated during regeneration...
- Role of Epiprofin, a zinc-finger transcription factor, in limb developmentAna Talamillo
Departamento de Anatomía y Biología Celular Facultad de Medicina Universidad de Cantabria, 39011 Santander, Spain
Dev Biol 337:363-74. 2010....
- Wnt7a-Fzd7 signalling directly activates the Akt/mTOR anabolic growth pathway in skeletal muscleJulia von Maltzahn
Sprott Center for Stem Cell Research, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8L6, Canada
Nat Cell Biol 14:186-91. 2011b>Wnt7a signals through its receptor Fzd7 to activate the planar-cell-polarity pathway and drive the symmetric expansion of satellite stem cells resulting in enhanced repair of skeletal muscle...
- Wnt7A identifies embryonic γ-motor neurons and reveals early postnatal dependence of γ-motor neurons on a muscle spindle-derived signalSoha Ashrafi
Neuroscience Program, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York 10065, USA
J Neurosci 32:8725-31. 2012..In this study, we find that the secreted signaling molecule Wnt7a is selectively expressed in γ-MNs in the mouse spinal cord by embryonic day 17...
- Wnt7a treatment ameliorates muscular dystrophyJulia von Maltzahn
Sprott Center for Stem Cell Research, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1H 8L6
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:20614-9. 2012..b>Wnt7a signaling through its receptor Fzd7 accelerates and augments regeneration by stimulating satellite stem cell ..
- Fibronectin regulates Wnt7a signaling and satellite cell expansionC Florian Bentzinger
Regenerative Medicine Program, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Cell Stem Cell 12:75-87. 2013..in satellite cells and that binding of the ECM glycoprotein Fibronectin (FN) to Sdc4 stimulates the ability of Wnt7a to induce the symmetric expansion of satellite stem cells...
- A truncated Wnt7a retains full biological activity in skeletal muscleJulia von Maltzahn
1 Sprott Center for Stem Cell Research, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1H8L6 2 Leibniz Institute for Age Research, Fritz Lipmann Institute FLI, Beutenbergstrasse 11, 07445 Jena, Germany
Nat Commun 4:2869. 2013..We generate a truncated Wnt7a variant, consisting of the C-terminal 137 amino acids lacking the conserved palmitoylation sites and show that it ..
- Mouse Wnt genes exhibit discrete domains of expression in the early embryonic CNS and limb budsB A Parr
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Nutley, NJ 07110
Development 119:247-61. 1993..We discuss the significance of these patterns of restricted and partially overlapping domains of expression with respect to the putative function of Wnt signalling in early CNS and limb development...
- En1 and Wnt7a interact with Dkk1 during limb development in the mouseMaja Adamska
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0618, USA
Dev Biol 272:134-44. 2004..Missing digits are one consequence of the reduced Wnt signaling in Wnt7a null mice, while extra digits result from excess Wnt signaling in mice null for the Wnt antagonist Dkk1...
- Doubleridge, a mouse mutant with defective compaction of the apical ectodermal ridge and normal dorsal-ventral patterning of the limbMaja Adamska
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0618, USA
Dev Biol 255:350-62. 2003..The doubleridge AER is morphologically similar to that of En1 null mice, but the expression of En1 and Wnt7a is properly restricted in doubleridge, and the dorsal and ventral structures are correctly determined...
- Requirement of Lim1 for female reproductive tract developmentAkio Kobayashi
Program in Developmental Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Development 131:539-49. 2004..These studies demonstrate an essential role for Lim1 in female reproductive tract development...
- BMP receptor type IA in limb bud mesenchyme regulates distal outgrowth and patterningDmitry A Ovchinnikov
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Dev Biol 295:103-15. 2006..These findings suggest that signaling through BMPR-IA in limb mesenchyme is essential for distal outgrowth and also influences AP and DV patterning...
- Wnt/beta-catenin signaling is required for CNS, but not non-CNS, angiogenesisRichard Daneman
Stanford University School of Medicine, Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:641-6. 2009..expression of different Wnt ligands by neural progenitor cells in distinct locations throughout the CNS, including Wnt7a and Wnt7b in ventral regions and Wnt1, Wnt3, Wnt3a, and Wnt4 in dorsal regions...
- Loss of Wnt8b has no overt effect on hippocampus development but leads to altered Wnt gene expression levels in dorsomedial telencephalonVassiliki Fotaki
Genes and Development Group, Centre for Integrative Physiology, University of Edinburgh, Hugh Robson Building, George Square, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Dev Dyn 239:284-96. 2010..Thus, loss of Wnt8b does not give rise to an overt morphological phenotype, but does affect expression levels of other Wnts in developing forebrain...
- Dosage-dependent hedgehog signals integrated with Wnt/beta-catenin signaling regulate external genitalia formation as an appendicular programShinichi Miyagawa
Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Global COE Cell Fate Regulation Research and Education Unit, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Development 136:3969-78. 2009..Our results provide new insights into the integration of growth factor signaling in the appendicular developmental programs that regulate external genitalia development...
- DKK1 mediated inhibition of Wnt signaling in postnatal mice leads to loss of TEC progenitors and thymic degenerationMasako Osada
Department of Biology, The City College of New York, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9062. 2010..However, early blocks in thymic organogenesis or death of the mice have prevented analysis of a role of canonical Wnt signaling in the maintenance of TECs in the postnatal thymus...
- Apical ectodermal ridge morphogenesis in limb development is controlled by Arid3b-mediated regulation of cell movementsJesus C Casanova
Department of Cardiovascular Developmental Biology, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares, CNIC, Melchor Fernandez Almagro, 3, Madrid 28029, Spain
Development 138:1195-205. 2011..Our results show that Arid3b is involved in the regulation of cell motility and rearrangements that lead to AER maturation...
- FGF8 is essential for formation of the ductal system in the male reproductive tractJirouta Kitagaki
Cancer and Developmental Biology Laboratory, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Development 138:5369-78. 2011..These results demonstrate a multifocal requirement for FGF8 in establishing the male reproductive tract ducts and implicate Lhx1 signaling in tubule elongation...
- Sonic hedgehog acts cell-autonomously on muscle precursor cells to generate limb muscle diversityClaire Anderson
Department of Biomedical Science, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Genes Dev 26:2103-17. 2012..Thus, Shh production in the limb ZPA is essential for the spatiotemporal control of myogenesis and coordinates muscle and skeletal development by acting directly to regulate the formation of specific ventral muscles...
- Diverse roles for Wnt7a in ventral midbrain neurogenesis and dopaminergic axon morphogenesisChathurini V Fernando
1 The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Australia
Stem Cells Dev 23:1991-2003. 2014..and dopaminergic (DA) axon guidance are known, we identify a number of novel roles for the secreted glycoprotein, Wnt7a, in this context...
- GPR124 functions as a WNT7-specific coactivator of canonical β-catenin signalingEkaterina Posokhova
Tumor Angiogenesis Section, Mouse Cancer Genetics Program MCGP, National Cancer Institute NCI at Frederick, National Institutes of Health NIH, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Cell Rep 10:123-30. 2015..Similar developmental defects were observed following dual deletion of Wnt7a/Wnt7b or deletion of β-catenin in endothelial cells, suggesting a possible relationship between GPR124 and ..
- Wnt signalling tunes neurotransmitter release by directly targeting Synaptotagmin-1Lorenza Ciani
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Nat Commun 6:8302. 2015..Our studies demonstrate that Wnt signalling tunes neurotransmitter release and identify Syt-1 as a target for modulation by secreted signalling proteins. ..
- Oligodendrocyte precursors migrate along vasculature in the developing nervous systemHui Hsin Tsai
Department of Pediatrics, University of California at San Francisco UCSF, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Science 351:379-84. 2016..We identify Wnt-Cxcr4 (chemokine receptor 4) signaling in regulation of OPC-endothelial interactions and propose that this signaling coordinates OPC migration with differentiation. ..
- Gene order in linkage group XVI of the house mouseP W Lane
J Hered 70:239-44. 1979..We conclude that LG XVI is not carried on Chr 12, and preliminary data indicates it is most likely carried on Chr 3...
- Alterations of the growth characteristics of the fibroblast cell line C3H 10T1/2 by members of the Wnt gene familyJ M Bradbury
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, UK
Oncogene 9:2597-603. 1994..We conclude that at least some mesenchymal cells can respond to Wnt gene products. Our results are also the first report of biological effects of Wnt-6 and Wnt-7b...
- Spatial and temporal expression of Wnt and Dickkopf genes during murine lens developmentS J Ang
Save Sight Institute, The University of Sydney, GPO Box 4337, Sydney Eye Hospital, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Gene Expr Patterns 4:289-95. 2004..In situ hybridisation showed that Wnt5a, Wnt5b, Wnt7a, Wnt7b, Wnt8a and Wnt8b genes are expressed throughout the early lens primordia. At embryonic day 14.5 (E14...
- Differential gene expression in migrating cortical interneurons during mouse forebrain developmentClare Faux
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Comp Neurol 518:1232-48. 2010..These data therefore provide a framework for future studies aimed at elucidating the complexities of interneuron migration and, in turn, may reveal important genes that are related to the development of specific neurological disorders...
- Plasmacytoma-associated neuronal glycoprotein, Pang, maps to mouse chromosome 6 and human chromosome 3B A Mock
Laboratory of Genetics, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, 20892 4255, USA
Genomics 34:226-8. 1996..initially mapped to mouse Chr 6 by somatic cell hybrid analysis and further positioned on the chromosome between Wnt7a and Pcp1...
- Misexpression of the Emx-related homeobox genes cVax and mVax2 ventralizes the retina and perturbs the retinotectal mapD Schulte
Department of Genetics and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Neuron 24:541-53. 1999..mVax2/cVax thus specify positional identity along the D-V axis of the retina and influence retinotectal mapping...
- Focal Mullerian duct retention in male mice with constitutively activated beta-catenin expression in the Mullerian duct mesenchymePradeep S Tanwar
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Vincent Center for Reproductive Biology, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:16142-7. 2010..with added MIS in organ culture compared with control MDs when analyzed by whole mount in situ hybridization for Wnt7a as a marker for the MD epithelium...
- The hem of the embryonic cerebral cortex is defined by the expression of multiple Wnt genes and is compromised in Gli3-deficient miceE A Grove
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Sciences, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Development 125:2315-25. 1998..In situ hybridization experiments demonstrate that one of the isolated Wnt genes, Wnt7a, is broadly expressed in the embryonic telencephalon...
- The Wnt/beta-catenin pathway directs neuronal differentiation of cortical neural precursor cellsYusuke Hirabayashi
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Development 131:2791-801. 2004..Overexpression of Wnt7a or of a stabilized form of beta-catenin in mouse cortical NPC cultures induced neuronal differentiation even in ..
- Sexually dimorphic expression of secreted frizzled-related (SFRP) genes in the developing mouse Müllerian ductSam Cox
MRC Mammalian Genetics Unit, Harwell, Didcot, United Kingdom
Mol Reprod Dev 73:1008-16. 2006..Male embryos and adults homozygous for these mutations, both individually and in combination, are viable and apparently fertile with no overt abnormalities of reproductive tract development...
- Mouse Dach1 and Dach2 are redundantly required for Müllerian duct developmentRichard J Davis
Department of Ophthalmology, Columbia University Medical Center, Harkness Eye Institute, New York City, New York
Genesis 46:205-13. 2008..Dach1 and Dach2 are expressed in the MD, and in Dach1/2 double mutants, MD expression of Lim1 and Wnt7a is abnormal and MD development is disrupted. In contrast, WD and MRT development are not grossly affected...
- Patterns of Wnt pathway activity in the mouse incisor indicate absence of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in the epithelial stem cellsMarika Suomalainen
Developmental Biology Programme, Institute of Biotechnology, Viikki Biocenter, University of Helsinki, Finland
Dev Dyn 239:364-72. 2010..We conclude that epithelial stem cells in the mouse incisors are not regulated directly by Wnt/beta-catenin signaling...
- Postnatal deletion of Wnt7a inhibits uterine gland morphogenesis and compromises adult fertility in miceKathrin A Dunlap
Department of Animal Science, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX, USA
Biol Reprod 85:386-96. 2011..The definitive role of Wnt7a in postnatal uterine development and adult function requires a conditional knockout, because global deletion ..
- Wls-mediated Wnts differentially regulate distal limb patterning and tissue morphogenesisXuming Zhu
Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
Dev Biol 365:328-38. 2012..These findings provide a comprehensive view of the role of Wnts in limb patterning and tissue morphogenesis...
- c-Met and NF-κB-dependent overexpression of Wnt7a and -7b and Pax2 promotes cystogenesis in polycystic kidney diseaseShan Qin
Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 23:1309-18. 2012..we found that hyperactivated c-Met led to increased NF-κB signaling, which in turn, drove de novo expression of Wnt7a and overexpression of Wnt7b in Pkd1(-/-) mouse kidneys...
- The transformation suppressor gene Reck is required for postaxial patterning in mouse forelimbsMako Yamamoto
Department of Molecular Oncology Global COE Program
Biol Open 1:458-66. 2012..The forelimb buds of low-Reck mutants have an altered dorsal ectoderm with reduced Wnt7a and Igf2 expression, and hypotrophy in two signaling centers (i.e...
- Epithelial progesterone receptor exhibits pleiotropic roles in uterine development and functionHeather L Franco
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
FASEB J 26:1218-27. 2012..Here, the in vivo role of PR in the uterine epithelium is defined using floxed PR (PR(f/f)) mice crossed to Wnt7a-Cre mice...
- Differential regulation of the Wnt gene family during pregnancy and lactation suggests a role in postnatal development of the mammary glandB J Gavin
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Roche Research Center, Nutley, New Jersey 07110
Mol Cell Biol 12:2418-23. 1992..We propose that Wnt-mediated signalling is involved in normal regulation of mammary development and that inappropriate expression of Wnt-1, Wnt-3, and possibly other family members can interfere with these signalling pathways...
- A new nomenclature for int-1 and related genes: the Wnt gene familyR Nusse
Cell 64:231. 1991
- Expression of multiple novel Wnt-1/int-1-related genes during fetal and adult mouse developmentB J Gavin
Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Hoffmann La Roche, Roche Research Center, Nutley, New Jersey 07110
Genes Dev 4:2319-32. 1990..All new Wnt family members are expressed in adult tissues, particularly in brain and lung. These data support the view that the Wnt-1/int-1 family constitutes a large family of signaling peptides with diverse roles in mouse development...
- Two new mutations in linkage group XVI of the house mouse. Flaky tail and varitint-waddler-JP W Lane
J Hered 63:135-40. 1972
- Isolation and genetic mapping of two novel members of the murine Wnt gene family, Wnt11 and Wnt12, and the mapping of Wnt5a and Wnt7aM C Adamson
Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Genomics 24:9-13. 1994..In addition, two previously described Wnt genes, Wnt5a and Wnt7a, were detected in RT-PCR products...
- Isolation, characterization and chromosomal assignment of the human WNT7A geneS Ikegawa
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Cytogenet Cell Genet 74:149-52. 1996..The gene (WNT7A) encodes a deduced 349-amino-acid peptide with 98% identity in amino acid sequence to murine Wnt7a...
- WNT-7a induces axonal remodeling and increases synapsin I levels in cerebellar neuronsF R Lucas
Developmental Biology Research Centre, The Randall Institute, King s College London, 26 29 Drury Lane, London, WC2B 5RL, United Kingdom
Dev Biol 192:31-44. 1997..These results suggest a direct effect of WNT-7a in the regulation of neuronal cytoskeleton and synapsin I in granule cell neurons. We propose that WNT proteins have a novel function in the formation of neuronal connections...
- Wnt-7a maintains appropriate uterine patterning during the development of the mouse female reproductive tractC Miller
Brookdale Center of Developmental and Molecular Biology, One Gustave Levy Place, Box 1126, New York, NY 10029, USA
Development 125:3201-11. 1998....
- Expression pattern of two Frizzled-related genes, Frzb-1 and Sfrp-1, during mouse embryogenesis suggests a role for modulating action of Wnt family membersB H Hoang
Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University, Ohio 44106, USA
Dev Dyn 212:364-72. 1998..We conclude from these experiments that Frzb-1 is expressed at a time and location to modulate the action of Wnt family members during development of the limbs and central nervous system...
- Defect in the maintenance of the apical ectodermal ridge in the Dactylaplasia mouseM A Crackower
Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Dev Biol 201:78-89. 1998..Moreover, the data suggest that the role of the AER maintenance factor is to promote cell proliferation in the ridge. Based on our findings, we propose a model for AER maintenance in the vertebrate limb...
- Differential activation of Myf5 and MyoD by different Wnts in explants of mouse paraxial mesoderm and the later activation of myogenesis in the absence of Myf5S Tajbakhsh
Département de Biologie Moléculaire CNRS URA 1947, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Development 125:4155-62. 1998..Here we report that cells expressing Wnt1 will preferentially activate Myf5 while cells expressing Wnt7a will preferentially activate MyoD...
- Drosophila engrailed can substitute for mouse Engrailed1 function in mid-hindbrain, but not limb developmentM C Hanks
Developmental Genetics Program and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine and Departments of Cell Biology and Physiology and Neuroscience, NYU Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
Development 125:4521-30. 1998..In contrast, expression of Drosophila en in the embryonic limbs of En1 mutants does not lead to repression of Wnt7a in the embryonic ventral ectoderm or full rescue of the embryonic dorsal/ventral patterning defects...
- The WntsJ J Loureiro
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 3280, USA
Curr Biol 9:R4. 1999
- Molecular genetic studies of Wnt signaling in the mouseM Uusitalo
Faculties of Science and Medicine, University of Oulu, Oulu, 90570, Finland
Exp Cell Res 253:336-48. 1999
- Human-mouse differences in the embryonic expression patterns of developmental control genes and disease genesF Fougerousse
URA CNRS 1922 Généthon, 1 rue de l Internationale, BP 60, 91002 Evry, France
Hum Mol Genet 9:165-73. 2000..We present detailed data for two illustrative examples. Wnt7a, a very highly conserved gene known to be important in early development, shows significant differences in spatial ..
- Characterization of two amphioxus Wnt genes (AmphiWnt4 and AmphiWnt7b) with early expression in the developing central nervous systemM Schubert
Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0202, USA
Dev Dyn 217:205-15. 2000....
- An LDL-receptor-related protein mediates Wnt signalling in miceK I Pinson
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
Nature 407:535-8. 2000..Furthermore, we show a genetic enhancement of a Wnt mutant phenotype in mice lacking one functional copy of LRP6. Together, our results support a broad role for LRP6 in the transduction of several Wnt signals in mammals...
- Identification and characterization of Lbh, a novel conserved nuclear protein expressed during early limb and heart developmentK J Briegel
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Dev Biol 233:291-304. 2001..Based on the molecular characteristics and the domain-specific expression pattern, it is possible that Lbh functions in synergy with other genes known to be required for heart and limb development...
- Characterization of Wnt gene expression in developing and postnatal hair follicles and identification of Wnt5a as a target of Sonic hedgehog in hair follicle morphogenesisS Reddy
Departments of Dermatology and Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mech Dev 107:69-82. 2001..These results identify candidates for several key follicular signals and suggest that WNT and SHH signaling pathways interact to regulate hair follicle morphogenesis...
- Zic2 controls cerebellar development in cooperation with Zic1Jun Aruga
Laboratory for Developmental Neurobiology, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Wako Shi, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
J Neurosci 22:218-25. 2002..in cyclin D1 expression, and enhanced expression of the mitosis inhibitors p27 and p16, and enhancement of Wnt7a expression...
- The WNT7b promoter is regulated by TTF-1, GATA6, and Foxa2 in lung epitheliumJoel Weidenfeld
Department of Medicine, Molecular Cardiology Research Center, and the Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 277:21061-70. 2002..Together, these results suggest that WNT7b gene expression in the lung epithelium is regulated in a combinatorial fashion by TTF-1, GATA6, and Foxa2...
- Embryonic retinoic acid synthesis is required for forelimb growth and anteroposterior patterning in the mouseKaren Niederreither
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM ULP College de France, BP 10142, 67404 Illkirch Cedex, CU de Strasbourg, France
Development 129:3563-74. 2002..We suggest that RA signaling cooperates with a posteriorly restricted factor such as dHand, to generate a functional zone of polarizing activity (ZPA)...
- A role for the mesenchymal T-box gene Brachyury in AER formation during limb developmentChunqiao Liu
Laboratory of Pathology, Center for Cancer Research, NCI, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Development 130:1327-37. 2003....
- Mammary gland, limb and yolk sac defects in mice lacking Tbx3, the gene mutated in human ulnar mammary syndromeTodd G Davenport
Department of Genetics and Development, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, 701 W 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Development 130:2263-73. 2003....
- Novel roles of Fgfr2 in AER differentiation and positioning of the dorsoventral limb interfaceMarat Gorivodsky
Department of Molecular Genetics, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Development 130:5471-9. 2003..En1 expression in the ventral ectoderm was discontinuous and exhibited ectopic dorsal localization, whereas Wnt7a expression was diminished in the dorsal ectoderm but remained confined to that site...
- Analysis of Fz10 expression in mouse embryosAmy P Nunnally
MCD Biology, University of Colorado, 347 UCB, Boulder, CO 80309 0347, USA
Dev Genes Evol 214:144-8. 2004..Interestingly, Fz10 is expressed in the same regions as Wnt7a in the neural tube, limb buds, and Müllerian duct.
- Regulation of retinoic acid distribution is required for proximodistal patterning and outgrowth of the developing mouse limbKenta Yashiro
Developmental Genetics Group, Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
Dev Cell 6:411-22. 2004..These observations suggest that RA acts as a morphogen to determine proximodistal identity, and that CYP26B1 prevents apoptosis and promotes chondrocyte maturation, in the developing limb...
- Wnt9b plays a central role in the regulation of mesenchymal to epithelial transitions underlying organogenesis of the mammalian urogenital systemThomas J Carroll
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, 16 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Dev Cell 9:283-92. 2005..Together these findings suggest that Wnt9b is a common organizing signal regulating diverse components of the mammalian urogenital system...
- Abnormal development of the apical ectodermal ridge and polysyndactyly in Megf7-deficient miceEric B Johnson
Department of Molecular Genetics, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9046, USA
Hum Mol Genet 14:3523-38. 2005..and aberrant signaling of several molecules involved in limb patterning, including Fgf8, Shh, Bmp2, Bmp4 and Wnt7a, as well as the Wnt- and Bmp-responsive transcription factors Lmx1b and Msx1, result in reduced apoptosis and ..
- Sprouty2 is involved in male sex organogenesis by controlling fibroblast growth factor 9-induced mesonephric cell migration to the developing testisLijun Chi
Department of Biochemistry, University of Oulu, Finland
Endocrinology 147:3777-88. 2006..Based on these data, we propose that the Sprouty proteins are involved normally in mediating the sexually dimorphic signaling of FGF9 and controlling cell migration from the mesonephros during testis development...
- Mutations in WNT7A cause a range of limb malformations, including Fuhrmann syndrome and Al-Awadi/Raas-Rothschild/Schinzel phocomelia syndromeC G Woods
Department of Medical Genetics, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2XY, UK
Am J Hum Genet 79:402-8. 2006..In families with these syndromes, we found homozygous missense mutations in the dorsoventral-patterning gene WNT7A and confirmed their functional significance in retroviral-mediated transfection of chicken mesenchyme cell ..
- C3G regulates the size of the cerebral cortex neural precursor populationAnne K Voss
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
EMBO J 25:3652-63. 2006..Our results show that the size of the cortical neural precursor population is controlled by C3G-mediated inhibition of the Ras signalling pathway...
- Expression of the Wnt inhibitor Dickkopf-1 is required for the induction of neural markers in mouse embryonic stem cells differentiating in response to retinoic acidR Verani
Department of Human Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Neurochem 100:242-50. 2007..These data suggest that induction of Dkk-1 and the ensuing inhibition of the canonical Wnt pathway is required for neural differentiation of ES cells...
- Loss- and gain-of-function analyses reveal targets of Pax6 in the developing mouse telencephalonPontus C Holm
Institute for Stem Cell Research, National Research Center for Environment and Health, Ingolstadter Landstrasse 1, D 85764 Neuherberg Munich, Germany
Mol Cell Neurosci 34:99-119. 2007..Most intriguingly, this analysis revealed time- and region-specific differences in Pax6-mediated transcription, explaining the specific function of Pax6 at early and later stages of neurogenesis...
- Wnt7a overexpression delays beta-tubulin III expression in transgenic mouse embryosZachi Horn
Neonatal Unit, Department of Woman and Child Health, Astrid Lindgren Children s Hospital, Q2 09, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Brain Res 1130:67-72. 2007b>Wnt7a and HA-tagged Wnt7a have previously been shown to promote or delay neuronal differentiation respectively. In this study, we show that embryonic days 9.5 and 10...
- Wnt-7a induces presynaptic colocalization of alpha 7-nicotinic acetylcholine receptors and adenomatous polyposis coli in hippocampal neuronsGinny G Farías
Centro de Regulación Celular y Patología Joaquín V Luco, Millennium Institute for Fundamental and Applied Biology, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, 8331010 Santiago, Chile
J Neurosci 27:5313-25. 2007..Modulation by Wnt signaling may be essential for alpha7-nAChR expression and function in synapses...
- R-spondin2 expression in the apical ectodermal ridge is essential for outgrowth and patterning in mouse limb developmentMotoko Aoki
Laboratory for Developmental Gene Regulation, Brain Science Institute, RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Dev Growth Differ 50:85-95. 2008..The homozygous mutant hindlimb also showed expansion of Wnt7a expression in the dorsal ectoderm toward the ventral side...
- The migrating gubernaculum grows like a "limb bud"Sophie S Nightingale
Department of General Surgery, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne 3052, Australia
J Pediatr Surg 43:387-90. 2008..Recent studies show active proliferation in the tip. We hypothesized that the gubernacular tip may grow like a limb bud...
- Wnts acting through canonical and noncanonical signaling pathways exert opposite effects on hippocampal synapse formationElizabeth K Davis
Division of Biological Sciences, Neurobiology Section, UCSD, La Jolla, CA 92093 0366, USA
Neural Dev 3:32. 2008..However, it is not clear whether the influence of Wnts on synapses is a result of Wnts' behavior in different organisms or differences in the activity of different Wnt ligands...
- Motor neurons with axial muscle projections specified by Wnt4/5 signalingDritan Agalliu
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Kavli Institute for Brain Science, Departments of Neuroscience and Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuron 61:708-20. 2009..Thus, two dorsoventral signaling pathways, mediated by Shh and Wnt4/5, are required to establish an early binary divergence in motor neuron columnar identity...
- Non-canonical Wnt signaling regulates cell polarity in female reproductive tract development via van gogh-like 2Alysia L VandenBerg
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris VI, 75634 Paris Cedex 13, France
Development 136:1559-70. 2009..Vangl2(Lp) mutant postnatal tissues exhibit similar phenotypes and polarity defects and display a 50% reduction in Wnt7a levels, suggesting that the Vangl2(Lp) mutation acts dominantly in the FRT...
- Wnt signaling regulates smooth muscle precursor development in the mouse lung via a tenascin C/PDGFR pathwayEthan David Cohen
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Clin Invest 119:2538-49. 2009..Together, these data define a Wnt/Tnc/Pdgfr signaling axis that is critical for smooth muscle development and disease progression in the lung...
- Is non-canonical Wnt signaling required in cardiac neural crest cells?Ethan David Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2008..This.information may lead to new detection or treatment strategies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..